Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,697 members, 7,820,432 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:42 PM

How I Was Kidnapped, Beaten And Robbed On My Way To Work In Lagos - Crime (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / How I Was Kidnapped, Beaten And Robbed On My Way To Work In Lagos (30810 Views)

My Brother Was Kidnapped, Beaten And Robbed In Lagos On His Way To Work / Woman Gang-Raped And Robbed Of N30,000 In Edo & Killed (Photo) / "I Was Mercilessly Slapped And Robbed On The Eko Bridge" - Nigerian Lady (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How I Was Kidnapped, Beaten And Robbed On My Way To Work In Lagos by bepositive11: 5:00pm On Sep 28, 2021
winterlover:
Get yourself a small weapon like pepper spray or a multipurpose keyholder knife for self defence. This is Lagos. Everybody dey para ooo

They pointed a gun at him. Small weapons can't compete with that...

2 Likes

Re: How I Was Kidnapped, Beaten And Robbed On My Way To Work In Lagos by INDUSTRIALFAN(m): 5:04pm On Sep 28, 2021
Sirpaul:
happened on the 24th of August 2021.

I was heading to work as usual, 6.00am, 6.05am, 6.10am that's my time frame almost everyday except for rainy days.

So, I got to Ogugu Bustop waiting for the next available car heading to Lekki, about 5 minutes later an Honda Pilot drove in calling Lekki with just the driver and a passenger unknown to me that these guys are four well dressed like bankers, so the two other guys were standing in crowd with others and they entered the vehicle so I did as well.

There's no way you could have noticed that these guys are criminals.
The car moved about 5 minutes away from the bus stop and they pointed gun at me immediately my spirit left and came back, they collected my bag, collected my phones, I was beaten blue black, one guy was busy hitting my knees with wheel spanner, the other was giving formatting slaps and knocks, he then massed robb and sand in my eyes........ Mhen the pain was unbearable...... They collected my ATMs, Phones, Laptop, The cash I had on me, Wallet, Wrist watch, ID cards and they moved 100k out of my account, as at that time I could barely see anything again but the driver was telling the guys at the back to kill me and throw me off the road..... In there I was saying my last prayers....... Only for them to stop and push me down the vehicle, peeps came to my rescue and I narrated my ordeal to them. Dropped me off at Ilupeju
It took me a week to recover my vision. As I speak I still feel pains mhennnn

This Is My Testimony!!!!

I'll update you guys how I was helped by the police and the amount I'll pay to track those guys....... E go shock you too

Stay Safe Guys!!!...
omo… why are people this wicked? Like what would make a man who doesn’t know you to not just rob you but also want to blind tou and further contemplate killing and you and dumping your body? Like why didn’t they just rob you and let you go? What would killing you have gained them?

1 Like

Re: How I Was Kidnapped, Beaten And Robbed On My Way To Work In Lagos by Klass99(f): 5:04pm On Sep 28, 2021
smiley

7 Likes

Re: How I Was Kidnapped, Beaten And Robbed On My Way To Work In Lagos by tfelicityk(m): 5:07pm On Sep 28, 2021
Sirpaul:

I was heading to work as usual, 6.00am, 6.05am, 6.10am that's my time frame almost everyday except for rainy days.

So, I got to Ogugu Bustop waiting for the next available car heading to Lekki, about 5 minutes later an Honda Pilot drove in calling Lekki with just the driver and a passenger unknown to me that these guys are four well dressed like bankers, so the two other guys were standing in crowd with others and they entered the vehicle so I did as well.

The car moved about 5 minutes away from the bus stop and they pointed gun at me immediately my spirit left and came back, they collected my bag, collected my phones, I was beaten blue black, one guy was busy hitting my knees with wheel spanner, the other was giving formatting slaps and knocks, he then massed robb and sand in my eyes........ Mhen the pain was unbearable...... They collected my ATMs, Phones, Laptop, The cash I had on me, Wallet, Wrist watch, ID cards and they moved 100k out of my account, as at that time I could barely see anything again but the driver was telling the guys at the back to kill me and throw me off the road..... In there I was saying my last prayers....... Only for them to stop and push me down the vehicle, peeps came to my rescue and I narrated my ordeal to them. Dropped me off at Ilupeju

This Is My Testimony!!!!

I'll update you guys how I was helped by the police and the amount I'll pay to track those guys....... E go shock you too

Stay Safe Guys!!!...

So happy for you... Congratulations for surviving from the horrible experience... May God continue to protect us against all odds in this Nation.

3 Likes

Re: How I Was Kidnapped, Beaten And Robbed On My Way To Work In Lagos by Sirpaul(m): 5:09pm On Sep 28, 2021
Amen!..
Thank You.
tfelicityk:

So happy for you... Congratulations for surviving from the horrible experience... May God continue to protect us against all odds in this Nation.
Re: How I Was Kidnapped, Beaten And Robbed On My Way To Work In Lagos by INDUSTRIALFAN(m): 5:10pm On Sep 28, 2021
RichThugg:

i Wonder why op go enter private suv as taxi
undecided
I give people lift. I always have…. It is common in Lagos for people to use even prado to lift.
Re: How I Was Kidnapped, Beaten And Robbed On My Way To Work In Lagos by INDUSTRIALFAN(m): 5:12pm On Sep 28, 2021
mardis:
This is very sad and pathetic, op sorry for loss. But why you go enter private car when the commercial vehicle are available
my colleague was robbed in a molue…. Proper commercial vehicle
Re: How I Was Kidnapped, Beaten And Robbed On My Way To Work In Lagos by avrilwisedata: 5:14pm On Sep 28, 2021
Klass99:

Lol grin, I read that post and didn't even bother to respond because it is the sort of ITK that gives me a headache.

When some of us see a gun pointed at us we first pee on our bodies, apart from that you're always outnumbered by these rogues and in OP's case they were even using spanner to hit his knees.

How person wan pull James Bond moves in that kind of situation? It's just cheap talk and empty bravado. Until they find themselves in a similar situation, they always know what they will do.

I feel too many Hollywood movies contributed to his kind of imagination. Hehehe.

I was a victim of traffic robbery earlier this year where I was robbed of my phone. I was in a public yellow bus in traffic and and u know danfo buses do not close their doors. Two guys from no where came pointing guns at us passengers in the bus stuck at a standstill traffic. All they requested was for all of us to submit our phones. We all did and they moved on. Now tell me, who wan test whether the gun get bullet? How would anyone in this situation have escaped this? The instant panic that set in. The thought that one's life could end with just one bullet coming out of the gun pointed at you. This happened along the Ketu - Mile 12 axis. In as much as we all should be security conscious, we should not downplay the efforts that some victims had already put in place but yet, found themselves victims.

I was just glad we weren't beaten.

If you must board a yellow bus, it MUST have a conductor.

5 Likes

Re: How I Was Kidnapped, Beaten And Robbed On My Way To Work In Lagos by BreakingNews21: 5:20pm On Sep 28, 2021
I heard about this growing kidnapping plague in Lagos recently. It happens in cycles in Naija and in many parts of the country.

Re: How I Was Kidnapped, Beaten And Robbed On My Way To Work In Lagos by nairamaniac: 5:21pm On Sep 28, 2021
winterlover:
Get yourself a small weapon like pepper spray or a multipurpose keyholder knife for self defence. This is Lagos. Everybody dey para ooo

Hmmmmm

Pepper spray against guns??

1 Like

Re: How I Was Kidnapped, Beaten And Robbed On My Way To Work In Lagos by Athemisia: 5:25pm On Sep 28, 2021
winterlover:
People carry gun you won show Dem knife.

1 Like

Re: How I Was Kidnapped, Beaten And Robbed On My Way To Work In Lagos by nedekid: 5:36pm On Sep 28, 2021
winterlover:
Nna, na sharp brand new cutlass I put for booth of moto.
It is not much but better than nothing as gov no protect us and at the same time no allow us buy pistol.
Meanwhile, God help you if you car breaks down on 3rd mainland bridge. Call police, lasema etc, them no go show. You are at the mercy of area boys that will rob you.
Re: How I Was Kidnapped, Beaten And Robbed On My Way To Work In Lagos by Christeety: 5:39pm On Sep 28, 2021
Sirpaul:

This Is My Testimony!!!!

Stay Safe Guys!!!...

Sorry dear. Wish you quick recovery

1 Like

Re: How I Was Kidnapped, Beaten And Robbed On My Way To Work In Lagos by tola1006: 5:42pm On Sep 28, 2021
brainpulse:

Bros, it is still a kidnap o..........dic (Kidnap: the action of abducting someone and holding them captive against their will).

The practical meaning- action of abducting someone and holding them captive against their will in exchange for Ransome or any action the abductors require
Re: How I Was Kidnapped, Beaten And Robbed On My Way To Work In Lagos by Calicoe: 5:43pm On Sep 28, 2021
Sirpaul:

This Is My Testimony!!!!

Stay Safe Guys!!!...

I'll advice you to forget about giving the police any money to track those guys because they will end up collecting ur money without giving you any result. Trust me, they know those guys. If you think I'm lying, give it a try. Give them the money they asked for, they will call you in a month time to tell you that they tracked them down to a nearby state. Then they will demand more money from you. They will tell you something like this... "You have to bring mobilisation fee. If they were still in lagos state, it would have cost you less but since they are in another state, this is what it will cost you'' just let it go. It may take time but I'm sure you will come across one of them somehow. Just don't let the police add to your misery. Sorry for your loss and pain

1 Like

Re: How I Was Kidnapped, Beaten And Robbed On My Way To Work In Lagos by ugoonuoha: 5:44pm On Sep 28, 2021
OhiOfIhima:

This ATM of a tin, everybody should get a bank app on his or her phone, whenever you doesn't use ur ATM, deactivate it from the app.. it render any transaction concern atm invalid. If you are read to use it, just activate within secs.

Which bank offers this service pls? It's only permanent deactivation I'm aware of...not reversible one

1 Like

Re: How I Was Kidnapped, Beaten And Robbed On My Way To Work In Lagos by Gotze1: 5:52pm On Sep 28, 2021
And someone will tell me not to support jungle Justice.
Re: How I Was Kidnapped, Beaten And Robbed On My Way To Work In Lagos by Klass99(f): 5:56pm On Sep 28, 2021
smiley

1 Like

Re: How I Was Kidnapped, Beaten And Robbed On My Way To Work In Lagos by DenreleDave(m): 5:58pm On Sep 28, 2021
harley88:

From charly boy, I have entered all manner of cars to VI ranging from Land cruisers with AC to hilux to Highlander.

Just spent 100k repairing my car so I can start driving again, can’t afford to be kidnapped and beaten abeg

God keep us all, Lagos ain’t safe

Abeg sir.. Chop small beating na grin grin grin cheesy grin cheesy cheesy cheesy

NA UR MATE DEY CHOP AM NA grin grin

1 Like

Re: How I Was Kidnapped, Beaten And Robbed On My Way To Work In Lagos by OriOko88(m): 6:02pm On Sep 28, 2021
MARX77:
Thank God you're alive OP. I was attacked by two guys at Ajah area 3 days ago while returning from work around 10pm. One grabbed me from behind and the other from the front dragging my phone, a Samsung A22 I just got last month. I made a mistake by holding it in my hands out of fear of pick pockets. Fam, everyone stood at a distance watching me struggle with two guys, I guess they were all scared. Lagos and Nigeria as a whole ain't safe, na God de protect person.

So were they able to Rob you??

1 Like

Re: How I Was Kidnapped, Beaten And Robbed On My Way To Work In Lagos by Theta1: 6:02pm On Sep 28, 2021
mardis:
This is very sad and pathetic, op sorry for loss. But why you go enter private car when the commercial vehicle are available

I saw people blaming the guy for entering the private car. Mine was public bus (I mean Faragon bus) and about 6 people in that bus are robbers including a female dressed like Alhaja.
It is not about public or private bus, they are everywhere in Lagos. Each police station in Lagos have 1-2 cases of one chance bus everyday.

4 Likes

Re: How I Was Kidnapped, Beaten And Robbed On My Way To Work In Lagos by nairamaniac: 6:16pm On Sep 28, 2021
Sirpaul:

This Is My Testimony!!!!

Stay Safe Guys!!!...

This is very sad. So sorry for your loss and bad experience.

Why did they have to torture you?

Are u sure they don't know u before this incident?

And not that u struggled with them or provoked them.

Thank God you came out alive.

2 Likes

Re: How I Was Kidnapped, Beaten And Robbed On My Way To Work In Lagos by tfelicityk(m): 6:58pm On Sep 28, 2021
Sirpaul:
Amen!..
Thank You.

You are welcome... I am still on suspense to read the rest of the shocking story
Re: How I Was Kidnapped, Beaten And Robbed On My Way To Work In Lagos by Lokojatoofar: 7:00pm On Sep 28, 2021
Viking07:
This is why I will always support mob lynching. Because when these criminals get you, they have zero empahty.

I am telling you.

Now, their supporters like @ Sluacoast will not come and condemn them. But as soon as you catch and use them as torchlight, you will see him flex his muscle up and down nairaland

1 Like

Re: How I Was Kidnapped, Beaten And Robbed On My Way To Work In Lagos by MARX77(m): 7:13pm On Sep 28, 2021
OriOko88:

So were they able to Rob you??

No bro, God pass them. They basically wanted the phone, after struggling for almost two minutes with no headway, I broke free and they ran into thick darkness. I felt good man with the fact that they didn't succeed, we bless God.

2 Likes

Re: How I Was Kidnapped, Beaten And Robbed On My Way To Work In Lagos by MARX77(m): 7:14pm On Sep 28, 2021
Sirpaul:
hope you were not injured?

Just minor scratch on my leg. Thanks for asking chief

1 Like

Re: How I Was Kidnapped, Beaten And Robbed On My Way To Work In Lagos by tradepunter: 7:18pm On Sep 28, 2021
avrilwisedata:
You're not being realistic. When a robbery incident begins with you as a victim and a gun pointed at you, are u saying you would tell the robber that u want to take a piss? You have somewhere u want to be and after boarding a vehicle heading in that direction, you cannot say if you have boarded a 'once chance' vehicle or not until they start operating. You mentioned earlier that when u plan to board a vehicle, u tell everyone to wait so u can inspect the booth... Seriously? Do u go to the office everyday and ply the 3rd mainland bridge? If yes, have u seen crowds at these bus stops? Seems these tips you're dishing out are excerpts from one foreign security book. Lol. The safest means starting from the highest safety in my opinion still remain :

Your Vehicle or that of a colleague
BRT
Yellow buses/Uber

Like I said no system in place is perfect.... Your intuition plays a major role when it comes to tensed situation.

I worked in the security field for 7 years across different parts of Nigeria.... It's your situational awareness that makes all the difference, if it feels wrong then there is something definitely wrong.

But like you rightly said go with herd if you don't have a private vehicle or have any friend to tag along with, then follow the verified buses.
Re: How I Was Kidnapped, Beaten And Robbed On My Way To Work In Lagos by tradepunter: 7:27pm On Sep 28, 2021
Orlaoluwayimika:

Gee questions for u.

Do u reside in Lagos?
Do u work in Lagos?
Do u work on the island?
Do u take public transport to the office everyday?
How far is ur place of work to the office?
What is ur resumption time?

My questions above would know how to respond to ur safety tips.

Many of those things would not really work cos there re days u get to bus stop and u see large crowd u will not even rmba to check the color of the veh u re entering when u strt rushing to get a space in it cos u re raising against time to get to the office.
Let me just rest here

Well am now serving in lagos in a private capacity, been stationed mostly in Borno, abuja and adamawa axis an operatives.

From observation lagos does have many variables to consider when you assessing the environment.

So it's not a clear cut approach but over time we believe with better understanding and with experience brought into the folds these guys will be checked mate.
Re: How I Was Kidnapped, Beaten And Robbed On My Way To Work In Lagos by gbemishile: 7:33pm On Sep 28, 2021
I dont enter private cars.shey me wey no even like to dey pay high money for transport.dem don assume say na rich man dey enter private cars na,danf dey call 100 naira,prrivate dey call 200.she when i no mad i go come enter private
Re: How I Was Kidnapped, Beaten And Robbed On My Way To Work In Lagos by Aurelius1(m): 7:46pm On Sep 28, 2021
OhiOfIhima:

This ATM of a tin, everybody should get a bank app on his or her phone, whenever you doesn't use ur ATM, deactivate it from the app.. it render any transaction concern atm invalid. If you are read to use it, just activate within secs.
Must people move about with their ATMs? If you going to work hold enough cash to transport you to and fro, feeding and a little extra for unforseen expenses. I don't go about with my ATM. It is safe under my rug at home.
Re: How I Was Kidnapped, Beaten And Robbed On My Way To Work In Lagos by Nobody: 7:47pm On Sep 28, 2021
Was wondering if you were a lady, since when did they started using Honda Pilot as taxi?
Una too like awoof, if a jetta stopped to carry you , you won't enter, you saw pilot and dived in. grin
May God Pilot your affairs nextime.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

EFCC Arrests Fake 'Army General' over N270m Fraud (Pictures) / Deacon, 44, Rapes Seven-year-old, Blames Evil Forces (photo) / What To Do If You Suspect You Are Being Followed While Walking

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.