Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,478 members, 7,826,804 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 08:40 PM

How I Was Kidnapped, Beaten And Robbed On My Way To Work In Lagos - Crime (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / How I Was Kidnapped, Beaten And Robbed On My Way To Work In Lagos (30824 Views)

My Brother Was Kidnapped, Beaten And Robbed In Lagos On His Way To Work / Woman Gang-Raped And Robbed Of N30,000 In Edo & Killed (Photo) / "I Was Mercilessly Slapped And Robbed On The Eko Bridge" - Nigerian Lady (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How I Was Kidnapped, Beaten And Robbed On My Way To Work In Lagos by Orlaoluwayimika(m): 7:59pm On Sep 28, 2021
tradepunter:

Well am now serving in lagos in a private capacity, been stationed mostly in Borno, abuja and adamawa axis an operatives.

From observation lagos does have many variables to consider when you assessing the environment.

So it's not a clear cut approach but over time we believe with better understanding and with experience brought into the folds these guys will be checked mate.

I see u re still new in Lagos.

I saw u mention intuitiiin some where in the thread.
There re times when u would ve gotten in b4 ur intuition tells u something is off and atimes it is impossible to get down.

I was once a victim in fact in my own case I sat close to the door and window wasn't wound up but immediately I entered and the veh moved, I knew something was off somewhere bùt we were already approaching 3mb and I couldn't just jump down based on my intuition.
The driver had used central lock immediately I got in.
They strtd there operation on 3mb and I was really scared not becos of my valuables but becos of my life cos they could drop me inside water and no one would ve waited to know what was going on.

The thing is make God just dey guide us and we shldnt be a victim of such

2 Likes

Re: How I Was Kidnapped, Beaten And Robbed On My Way To Work In Lagos by winterlover: 8:48pm On Sep 28, 2021
nedekid:

Nna, na sharp brand new cutlass I put for booth of moto.
It is not much but better than nothing as gov no protect us and at the same time no allow us buy pistol.
Meanwhile, God help you if you car breaks down on 3rd mainland bridge. Call police, lasema etc, them no go show. You are at the mercy of area boys that will rob you.
nna, you sharp

1 Like

Re: How I Was Kidnapped, Beaten And Robbed On My Way To Work In Lagos by winterlover: 8:49pm On Sep 28, 2021
Athemisia:

People carry gun you won show Dem knife.
Boss, make Dem no go catch me with gun oo
Re: How I Was Kidnapped, Beaten And Robbed On My Way To Work In Lagos by winterlover: 8:49pm On Sep 28, 2021
Athemisia:

People carry gun you won show Dem knife.
Boss, make Dem no go catch me with gun oo. I for carry gun sef
Re: How I Was Kidnapped, Beaten And Robbed On My Way To Work In Lagos by Offpoint1: 8:52pm On Sep 28, 2021
Sirpaul:
happened on the 24th of August 2021.

I was heading to work as usual, 6.00am, 6.05am, 6.10am that's my time frame almost everyday except for rainy days.

So, I got to Ogugu Bustop waiting for the next available car heading to Lekki, about 5 minutes later an Honda Pilot drove in calling Lekki with just the driver and a passenger unknown to me that these guys are four well dressed like bankers, so the two other guys were standing in crowd with others and they entered the vehicle so I did as well.

There's no way you could have noticed that these guys are criminals.
The car moved about 5 minutes away from the bus stop and they pointed gun at me immediately my spirit left and came back, they collected my bag, collected my phones, I was beaten blue black, one guy was busy hitting my knees with wheel spanner, the other was giving formatting slaps and knocks, he then massed robb and sand in my eyes........ Mhen the pain was unbearable...... They collected my ATMs, Phones, Laptop, The cash I had on me, Wallet, Wrist watch, ID cards and they moved 100k out of my account, as at that time I could barely see anything again but the driver was telling the guys at the back to kill me and throw me off the road..... In there I was saying my last prayers....... Only for them to stop and push me down the vehicle, peeps came to my rescue and I narrated my ordeal to them. Dropped me off at Ilupeju
It took me a week to recover my vision. As I speak I still feel pains mhennnn

This Is My Testimony!!!!

I'll update you guys how I was helped by the police and the amount I'll pay to track those guys....... E go shock you too

Stay Safe Guys!!!...
Please when they track them let me know, I have someone who will gladly waste them at the cost of just 2 satchel Chelsea hot.
Re: How I Was Kidnapped, Beaten And Robbed On My Way To Work In Lagos by ofuonyebi: 8:55pm On Sep 28, 2021
Honestly, this is one reason am never moved to like anything that goes with Lagos..

It is nothing but a no mans Land.....stealing, pocket picking, robbery, kidnapping....ALL at daylike is a normal way of life

Only GOD can safe people who live in Eko ILE!

THE MOST EXPENSIVE AND MOST DANGEROUS CITY!!
Re: How I Was Kidnapped, Beaten And Robbed On My Way To Work In Lagos by newoffer: 9:16pm On Sep 28, 2021
The day I heard those miscreant removed someone teeth because he had no money on him..
Once u see a group of people sitting in a bus like maze. Run.

Once the door lock is faulty run

Tinted run

Full AC run.

Once you are the last to go back seat Run.

Run from Sienna. Run

v
femi4:
Don't mind him....how can you enter Honda pilot as kabukabu in Lagos of all places? To live in Lagos, your sojibilty should be high.

Red flags includes

Tinted glasses
SUV

1 Like

Re: How I Was Kidnapped, Beaten And Robbed On My Way To Work In Lagos by tradepunter: 9:25pm On Sep 28, 2021
Orlaoluwayimika:

I see u re still new in Lagos.

I saw u mention intuitiiin some where in the thread.
There re times when u would ve gotten in b4 ur intuition tells u something is off and atimes it is impossible to get down.

I was once a victim in fact in my own case I sat close to the door and window wasn't wound up but immediately I entered and the veh moved, I knew something was off somewhere bùt we were already approaching 3mb and I couldn't just jump down based on my intuition.
The driver had used central lock immediately I got in.
They strtd there operation on 3mb and I was really scared not becos of my valuables but becos of my life cos they could drop me inside water and no one would ve waited to know what was going on.

The thing is make God just dey guide us and we shldnt be a victim of such

Very interesting, thank God you came out unhurt.

One major issue lagos faces is that the security architecture did not evolve with the population growth.

When I see the populace of lagos go back and forth daily what is see are people at the mercy of society vices.

sophisticated CCTV is the only way forward for lagos but it will take lots of will power to implement it and run it effectively.
Re: How I Was Kidnapped, Beaten And Robbed On My Way To Work In Lagos by themanderon: 9:31pm On Sep 28, 2021
They will surely meet their Waterloo.

1 Like

Re: How I Was Kidnapped, Beaten And Robbed On My Way To Work In Lagos by VanuatuWycombe: 10:00pm On Sep 28, 2021
brainpulse:
This is same thing happened to 2 of my friends at different times at that ogudu, ojodu, ketu, ojota, beager areas

If you like your life do not enter any private cars especially siena etc even if it is with only one driver you see, please and please at anytime.
Those areas has been like that since the 90s

Please run from private cars i repeat along that route. Don't put your family to agony o

The same thing the OP narrated happened to a sister I met a month ago but she was picked at Iyana Oworo. The same treatment OP narrated was meted (on) to her.
Re: How I Was Kidnapped, Beaten And Robbed On My Way To Work In Lagos by maxzzo1(m): 10:18pm On Sep 28, 2021
Lagos and robbery this days na wao
Re: How I Was Kidnapped, Beaten And Robbed On My Way To Work In Lagos by cybriz82(m): 11:33pm On Sep 28, 2021
tola1006:
Sorry about your ordeal!! Your own story sounds more believable and it was a robbery case aka one chance and not a kidnapp as people always claim......this is very rampant in Lagos.

Pls avoid leaving home too early in the morning and stop hitch hiking random private cars,better go to the garage or order Uber.....if you can't afford it you can find people you can commute with and you can all share the cost...you will end up spending about same you are currently spending on transportation

E be like say u never enter Lagos before... they shud avoid leaving home to early for work Am nt understanding...
Re: How I Was Kidnapped, Beaten And Robbed On My Way To Work In Lagos by Enn214(m): 3:44am On Sep 29, 2021
Pinkyposh:
Don't leave that early to work anymore, safety first

For Lagos traffic Wey some people dey leave house 4 o clock
Re: How I Was Kidnapped, Beaten And Robbed On My Way To Work In Lagos by mukthar2000(m): 4:28am On Sep 29, 2021
Sorry bro, Eko ooo nibajeee
Re: How I Was Kidnapped, Beaten And Robbed On My Way To Work In Lagos by mardis: 5:10am On Sep 29, 2021
Theta1:

I saw people blaming the guy for entering the private car. Mine was public bus (I mean Faragon bus) and about 6 people in that bus are robbers including a female dressed like Alhaja.
It is not about public or private bus, they are everywhere in Lagos. Each police station in Lagos have 1-2 cases of one chance bus.

This is serious, it is only prayer then.
Re: How I Was Kidnapped, Beaten And Robbed On My Way To Work In Lagos by mardis: 5:11am On Sep 29, 2021
INDUSTRIALFAN:
my colleague was robbed in a molue…. Proper commercial vehicle

One is not safe anywhere, prayer is the master key then
Re: How I Was Kidnapped, Beaten And Robbed On My Way To Work In Lagos by Pinkyposh(f): 6:28am On Sep 29, 2021
Enn214:

For Lagos traffic Wey some people dey leave house 4 o clock
Yea, I do that before, I stopped after the experience some of my colleagues had.
My life is more important than the work, if I'm kidnapped or killed, my company continues... So I used my tongue to count my teeth
Better be late than the late

4 Likes

Re: How I Was Kidnapped, Beaten And Robbed On My Way To Work In Lagos by greggng: 8:02am On Sep 29, 2021
Bros we thank God for your safety . Lagos is a place you have to shine your eyes . I once met a naval officer who entered one chance ...he was robbed too. Anybody can be a victim but it always happen to people that lives home early . Don't disclose how you are going to track then cos some of those committing those act also visit nairaland ...is a public forum where anyone is welcomed . We visited a place to buy a car ....immediately we left their , my friend discovered that his phone was missing . We went back to ask if anyone saw the phone and they all denied ...He told them that if they return the phone , he will gladly give them 40k with thank you but if they refuse , he will get the person and the person will pay dearly .

They thought he was joking ...We eventually tracked and got the person ....she paid dearly ...Anyone saying you can't track them is joking ... I won't go into details on how the person was caught ....purely security matters ...but they same police you don't believe in have intelligent people that won't wAste time to catch those that did that to you ....yes you will spend money but you will laugh last
Re: How I Was Kidnapped, Beaten And Robbed On My Way To Work In Lagos by Sirpaul(m): 11:23am On Sep 29, 2021
Amen.

Thank You
Christeety:

Sorry dear. Wish you quick recovery
Re: How I Was Kidnapped, Beaten And Robbed On My Way To Work In Lagos by Sirpaul(m): 11:25am On Sep 29, 2021
Thanks Brotherly.

greggng:
Bros we thank God for your safety . Lagos is a place you have to shine your eyes . I once met a naval officer who entered one chance ...he was robbed too. Anybody can be a victim but it always happen to people that lives home early . Don't disclose how you are going to track then cos some of those committing those act also visit nairaland ...is a public forum where anyone is welcomed . We visited a place to buy a car ....immediately we left their , my friend discovered that his phone was missing . We went back to ask if anyone saw the phone and they all denied ...He told them that if they return the phone , he will gladly give them 40k with thank you but if they refuse , he will get the person and the person will pay dearly .

They thought he was joking ...We eventually tracked and got the person ....she paid dearly ...Anyone saying you can't track them is joking ... I won't go into details on how the person was caught ....purely security matters ...but they same police you don't believe in have intelligent people that won't wAste time to catch those that did that to you ....yes you will spend money but you will laugh last
Re: How I Was Kidnapped, Beaten And Robbed On My Way To Work In Lagos by Sirpaul(m): 11:26am On Sep 29, 2021
that's pathetic.

how is she now?..
VanuatuWycombe:

The same thing the OP narrated happened to a sister I met a month ago but she was picked at Iyana Oworo. The same treatment OP narrated was meted (on) to her.
Re: How I Was Kidnapped, Beaten And Robbed On My Way To Work In Lagos by Sirpaul(m): 11:29am On Sep 29, 2021
you're right though.

Thanks.

Calicoe:

I'll advice you to forget about giving the police any money to track those guys because they will end up collecting ur money without giving you any result. Trust me, they know those guys. If you think I'm lying, give it a try. Give them the money they asked for, they will call you in a month time to tell you that they tracked them down to a nearby state. Then they will demand more money from you. They will tell you something like this... "You have to bring mobilisation fee. If they were still in lagos state, it would have cost you less but since they are in another state, this is what it will cost you'' just let it go. It may take time but I'm sure you will come across one of them somehow. Just don't let the police add to your misery. Sorry for your loss and pain
Re: How I Was Kidnapped, Beaten And Robbed On My Way To Work In Lagos by Sirpaul(m): 11:31am On Sep 29, 2021
I never did in any form.

gave them all they requested for including my bank pins et all.

but it is well

nairamaniac:

This is very sad. So sorry for your loss and bad experience.

Why did they have to torture you?

Are u sure they don't know u before this incident?

And not that u struggled with them or provoked them.

Thank God you came out alive.

Re: How I Was Kidnapped, Beaten And Robbed On My Way To Work In Lagos by Enn214(m): 12:21pm On Sep 29, 2021
Pinkyposh:

Yea, I do that before, I stopped after the experience some of my colleagues had.
My life is more important than the work, if I'm kidnapped or killed, my company continues... So I used my tongue to count my teeth
Better be late than the late

How many companies will tolerate that type of lateness?
Re: How I Was Kidnapped, Beaten And Robbed On My Way To Work In Lagos by nairamaniac: 12:26pm On Sep 29, 2021
Sirpaul:
I never did in any form.

gave them all they requested for including my bank pins et all.

but it is well

Nice one.

Pls let us know when u update the thread on how the police got involved and became of help.

1 Like

Re: How I Was Kidnapped, Beaten And Robbed On My Way To Work In Lagos by Pinkyposh(f): 12:35pm On Sep 29, 2021
Enn214:

How many companies will tolerate that type of lateness?
Well, if that's the case, it's better you leave closer to your office.
I can't afford to loose my life at this young age, I love my life oo

1 Like

Re: How I Was Kidnapped, Beaten And Robbed On My Way To Work In Lagos by Calicoe: 1:47pm On Sep 29, 2021
Sirpaul:
you're right though.

Thanks.

The only thing that would make the police bring out their resources and track those guys is if someone was murdered. Thank God that is not ur case

1 Like

Re: How I Was Kidnapped, Beaten And Robbed On My Way To Work In Lagos by VanuatuWycombe: 5:02pm On Sep 29, 2021
Sirpaul:
that's pathetic.

how is she now?..

She cants see well again. She attends hospital every now and then.
Re: How I Was Kidnapped, Beaten And Robbed On My Way To Work In Lagos by harley88(m): 6:13pm On Sep 29, 2021
DenreleDave:

Abeg sir.. Chop small beating na grin grin grin cheesy grin cheesy cheesy cheesy

NA UR MATE DEY CHOP AM NA grin grin

Lmao, make dem disfigure my fine face
Re: How I Was Kidnapped, Beaten And Robbed On My Way To Work In Lagos by Sirpaul(m): 9:16pm On Sep 29, 2021
It is well. my prayers are with her.

As I speak, I still go for Optical Assessment....

VanuatuWycombe:

She cants see well again. She attends hospital every now and then.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Lady Killed By Ogun Cherubim & Seraphim Prophet Buried Amid Tears (Photos) / 'Lawyer' Kills Woman In Arochukwu Abia, In Presence Of Her Daughter & Grandkids / I Went Into Kidnapping To Make Money Like Evans – Suspect (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.