Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,238 members, 7,818,808 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:54 AM

Third Class Graduate With No Direction - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Third Class Graduate With No Direction (23798 Views)

Can A Third Class Graduate Apply For Masters In The USA / Man Who Graduated With Third Class From OAU Discovers He’s A Genius In Canada / I Made A Third Class Now I Have An Msc About To Apply For My Phd (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Third Class Graduate With No Direction by Ikillbrokehoes(m): 6:56am On Sep 30, 2021
If you have every means to leave this goddamned country, just do so.
travel to a saner clime and you will be gobsmacked by arrays of opportunities waiting for you
Re: Third Class Graduate With No Direction by NigeriaIsGreat: 7:42am On Sep 30, 2021
@OP I'm a 2.1 graduate without a job

This is the country we are

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Third Class Graduate With No Direction by LordIsaac(m): 8:00am On Sep 30, 2021
OP, this is really not about a job but a self-esteem problem. You don't want to tell your kids about such a result and all that. Since you are this aware, it shows you are NOT a mediocre and you are intelligent.
Therefore, to help your esteem, in my opinion, the only choice is to remedy the past. Because even if you become a billionaire today, you know you are not really a 3rd class graduate, and it will be a weakness. So, although you've wasted two years already, buy Jamb form and DE form and apply for a relatively simple course and you'll be surprised that you will get a first class this time. And in 6years max, your esteem will be restored and you can show off with the result, if you wish.
For me, it is the only way....you neednt live a life of shame forever over something that can be corrected in just 5 years.
Take this counsel, and thank me later. It is the reason you see "celebrities" going back to school.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Third Class Graduate With No Direction by Nobody: 8:54am On Sep 30, 2021
Emmanuel909090:
If you intend to be in nigeria, forget job and build a tech skill.
Front end engineering also crossed my mind. Please do you have any knowledge about this?
Re: Third Class Graduate With No Direction by Nobody: 9:21am On Sep 30, 2021
To the undergraduates,

If you don't intend to go into personal business/investment (self-employed) & you have no family connection for job employment, I take God beg you, kindly ensure you give studying your best. Do your best & leave the rest for God to finish. While in school, give no ears to 'school na scam' group. Requirements for job vacancies (good positions) would make some live with regrets. Grace might still speak for you though.

From a victim of circumstance.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Third Class Graduate With No Direction by otokx(m): 9:21am On Sep 30, 2021
Learn truck driving and thank me later.

1 Like

Re: Third Class Graduate With No Direction by Lightorder: 9:23am On Sep 30, 2021
Please o, which did Bill gates obtain at his graduation . I am just asking

2 Likes

Re: Third Class Graduate With No Direction by HeadAcheDrug: 9:23am On Sep 30, 2021
Sorry it's not by certificate alone
Re: Third Class Graduate With No Direction by GeneralPula: 9:23am On Sep 30, 2021
You don’t need a degree to find direction tho..

3 Likes

Re: Third Class Graduate With No Direction by adesegun121(m): 9:23am On Sep 30, 2021
Ok
Re: Third Class Graduate With No Direction by CSTRR: 9:24am On Sep 30, 2021
Go into software engineering and pour yourself into an area in it.

It's one sector that has liberated millions all over the world.

Learn and learn it well and you will have a future.

1 Like

Re: Third Class Graduate With No Direction by TheBeezybee(f): 9:24am On Sep 30, 2021
Never quit
It's possible that this period is the moment of reflecting on what you really want to pursue and achieve in life. Keep a positive spirit and with God's divine direction, you won't walk or work in error.
Dizzyish:
Please I need advice, any advice.
I graduated with a 3rd class in Chemistry from three years ago (I only blame myself for that) and after I finished my NYSC a year ago I just plunged into a depressive state in regards to my mistake (my education) and my future (career) sometimes breaking down in tears when I think of things I've taken for granted in my life.

I started working on myself a few months ago and I've made some progress I proud of but every now and then it's easy to be overwhelmed with self doubt.
I made a cv without work experience along with a cover letter a few days ago and applied for a few entry level jobs like graduate intern, sales, restaurant supervisor etc via jobberman and the companies email but I'm not too sure I'll be getting any calls from them.
I didn't come here to get sympathy just an honest advice or opinion on what to do.

Can I do a pgd in chemical engineering or just chemistry or pursue a business or computer/tech course, are there jobs I can get with my degree maybe to get skills and work experience?
I deeply appreciate any advice. Thank you.

3 Likes

Re: Third Class Graduate With No Direction by Nobody: 9:24am On Sep 30, 2021
The best thing that you will do for yourself, go into tech, know it very well and subscribe to any of this work at home sites-upwork etc. You won't be needing a certificate to work for anybody. Your work will speak for you.

1 Like

Re: Third Class Graduate With No Direction by Mayhem1: 9:25am On Sep 30, 2021
Bigredmachine:

yes... my life has been filled with depression of some kind over the years, i am currently learning how to become a ui/ux designer to see if i could start a career from there

i have also tried forex, but its not working

betting nko, that one has showed me more pepper than anything else...

i just tire

and i dont want to go the wrong side of life to make it
There's an investment that I have it's called ...

1 Like

Re: Third Class Graduate With No Direction by Dukeolumidemans(m): 9:25am On Sep 30, 2021
Dizzyish:
I graduated with a 3rd class in Chemistry from three years ago (I only blame myself for that) and after I finished my NYSC a year ago I just plunged into a depressive state in regards to my mistake (my education) and my future (career) sometimes breaking down in tears when I think of things I've taken for granted in my life.

I started working on myself a few months ago and I've made some progress I proud of but every now and then it's easy to be overwhelmed with self doubt.
I made a cv without work experience along with a cover letter a few days ago and applied for a few entry level jobs like graduate intern, sales, restaurant supervisor etc via jobberman and the companies email but I'm not too sure I'll be getting any calls from them.
I didn't come here to get sympathy just an honest advice or opinion on what to do.

Can I do a pgd in chemical engineering or just chemistry or pursue a business or computer/tech course, are there jobs I can get with my degree maybe to get skills and work experience?

That u graduated with a 3rd class degree does not mean u won't make it in life. I recently discovered u can become rich without even going to a university...just think of what u can produce or provide for others at a cheaper price while maintaining a good level of value and grow rich with time...Iv tried it and it's working!!!
Get up and start today...

4 Likes

Re: Third Class Graduate With No Direction by CSTRR: 9:25am On Sep 30, 2021
Dizzyish:

Front end engineering also crossed my mind. Please do you have any knowledge about this?
Why front end?
It's very saturated.

Go for data science and learn it well.

1 Like

Re: Third Class Graduate With No Direction by abdulskulboy(m): 9:26am On Sep 30, 2021
Get a God father and thank me later...
Re: Third Class Graduate With No Direction by hslbroker2(m): 9:28am On Sep 30, 2021
Xscape1993:
Don't give up on yourself bro. Keep pushing up. Greatness is in every man.
correct

Meanwhile

We sell roofing sheets and hard wood for roofing and decking contact us for your own at a very affordable and competitive price.

Re: Third Class Graduate With No Direction by Janadozz(m): 9:28am On Sep 30, 2021
Dizzyish:

I am a third class student having B. Sc in Physics. Before my I have been teaching before admission, during studies and after graduation. I spent most of my time in school for knowledge not education.
Today I teach in one of the best schools at Oyigbo. I am very good in sciences.
Please leave certificate and get knowledge.

8 Likes

Re: Third Class Graduate With No Direction by Baba40(f): 9:31am On Sep 30, 2021
Do 1st class have direction?

3 Likes

Re: Third Class Graduate With No Direction by mutvy: 9:32am On Sep 30, 2021
Have you forgotten that Wole Soyinka came out with Third Class? Albert Einstein didn't graduate with either first class or second upper. It is the country you are that is making life difficult for you. You are an educated person and can do anything with ease. Never give up bro. Anything you lay your hands on will boom. Don't give up!

3 Likes

Re: Third Class Graduate With No Direction by adewumiopeyemi(m): 9:32am On Sep 30, 2021
Bro dont lose up i graduate with 3rd class im 2014 and have done my pgd and master and have been moving from one job to another because of my experience in differnent job
Even with 1st class graduates they are struggling in the labour market is not about the degree is what you have in your brain will determine how you can get a job bro
ryt now i have my owm house and car
bro
Thing were so hard back then but with God everything will be fine
Keep pushing and praying and i pray you will pass this bro

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Third Class Graduate With No Direction by Salt06(m): 9:32am On Sep 30, 2021
Dizzyish:

Im sure u have a passion in your heart. Pursue it and work towards developing a marketable skill set that u have genuine interest in.
You also need to do a soul search and ensure youre in your path... i mean path of what really matters to you. Sometimes depression can be as a result of not expressing and working on pursuing your genuine interests and talents. Also seek Gods face in prayers/ fasting and meditative thinking/ reflection

2 Likes

Re: Third Class Graduate With No Direction by jerryfose: 9:32am On Sep 30, 2021
Dizzyish:

Please, See a consultant. Forget about the degree... Many employers are interested in what you can do. Let a consultant help you define a direction based on what you see yourself doing. And please stay close to God

1 Like

Re: Third Class Graduate With No Direction by colestephan86: 9:33am On Sep 30, 2021
Dizzyish:

Lol you are crying like a town crier now. Anyways I have a 2.1 certificate that I feel is useless to me now cos I don't use it for anything, cos I have my own business now and I don't need a paying job anymore. My dear let me tell you something you must have heard before, there are no jobs for you , expect you creat one for yourself. It's had to survive around here but you know , it's more risky not to take risks.
Look for a problem that needs solution around you and solve it, best believe u will make money.

3 Likes

Re: Third Class Graduate With No Direction by adewumiopeyemi(m): 9:33am On Sep 30, 2021
Janadozz:

I am a third class student having B. Sc in Physics. Before my I have been teaching before admission, during studies and after graduation. I spent most of my time in school for knowledge not education.
Today I teach in one of the best schools at Oyigbo. I am very good in sciences.
Please leave certificate and get knowledge.
Abeg help me tell am
I also graduate with thrid class in accounting
Make he just leave certificate and get knowledge bro
Certificate wount get him to heaven

1 Like

Re: Third Class Graduate With No Direction by Ahmed99: 9:33am On Sep 30, 2021
Sir, that you could come here and seek for help means you have a direction sir..
If you can Answer this 3question correctly then you will win.

1.do you believe ur circumstance change?
2.Who told you or what information/mindset told you, you are failure?
3. Do you know Failure is an event not a person?

Do these sir..
Genuinely give your life to Christ.
Look beyond your past
Get apostle Joshua selman message on YouTube
Start small..
Listen to Les brown on YouTube
Sow a small amount of money to your pastor and tell him to bless you and remove the veil covering you.

I see a rising in your life in 6months

3 Likes

Re: Third Class Graduate With No Direction by Aarenasbaba(m): 9:34am On Sep 30, 2021
You can b selling organic products na as a chemistry graduate undecided undecided
Re: Third Class Graduate With No Direction by Uchennastephs(m): 9:34am On Sep 30, 2021
My candid advice to you is that you opt out to learn work, I mean mechanic, painting, POP and welding anything. If you are lucky and you are not to bear direct family burden then calm down and learn work diligently and you forget about fast money (not that it's not good) but but you will have to sow before you leap.

1 Like

Re: Third Class Graduate With No Direction by webhead: 9:34am On Sep 30, 2021
LordIsaac:
OP, this is really not about a job but a self-esteem problem. You don't want to tell your kids about such a result and all that. Since you are this aware, it shows you are NOT a mediocre and you are intelligent.
Therefore, to help your esteem, in my opinion, the only choice is to remedy the past. Because even if you become a billionaire today, you know you are not really a 3rd class graduate, and it will be a weakness. So, although you've wasted two years already, buy Jamb form and DE form and apply for a relatively simple course and you'll be surprised that you will get a first class this time. And in 6years max, your esteem will be restored and you can show off with the result, if you wish.
For me, it is the only way....you neednt live a life of shame forever over something that can be corrected in just 5 years.
Take this counsel, and thank me later. It is the reason you see "celebrities" going back to school.
GARBAGE!!
this is one of the reasons why nigeria will remain stagnant.
In this day and age, You are advising him to go back and spend extra 6 years in one shitty school to get a useless certificate. when there are plenty of businesses he can master (especially online) in under a year and become a millionaire.

“If you put bananas and
money in front of monkeys, they will choose
bananas because monkeys do not know that money
can buy more bananas. In reality, if you offer job
and business people, they would choose a job
because most people do not know that business
can bring more money than salaries. Profits are
better than salaries can make you living but profits
can bring you a fortune."–Jack ma

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Third Class Graduate With No Direction by ecomalchemist(m): 9:35am On Sep 30, 2021
Keep pushing !!!
Re: Third Class Graduate With No Direction by Nazacent: 9:35am On Sep 30, 2021
My dear brother, this life is not defined by the type of result you graduated with. I also graduated with a third class, i am sure we are not alone on nairaland. All you need is to focus and work on your self worth, you will realise the numerous potentials you've got inside of you. Oga pick yourself up and keep moving.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Kebbi Commissioner Visits School And Meets Only The Students There / Kwara State University Renamed Olusola Saraki University / ASUU Denies Reaching Agreement With FG

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.