Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,546 members, 7,819,941 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:09 AM

What's The Weirdest Thing Hunger Made You Do? - Food (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / What's The Weirdest Thing Hunger Made You Do? (27807 Views)

What Is The Weirdest Food Combo You Have Ever Eaten? (picture) / What's The Weirdest Food Combo You've Heard Or Seen? / Lockdown: Nigerian Man Dies Of Hunger (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What's The Weirdest Thing Hunger Made You Do? by gstelly: 4:42am On Oct 01, 2021
Salt and Eba for dinner, school no easy jor na hunger wake me like this
Re: What's The Weirdest Thing Hunger Made You Do? by Misternas89(m): 7:35am On Oct 01, 2021
Peacefulguy90:
Thank God I gat small menial work doing...just graduated and never feel d pain......make up to 25k a week,may God strengthen those still finding it to survive
Mehn, you are so lucky bro. 25k weekly no be small money ooo, stick to that ur menial job or hustle. Me wey be say with all the Pali, with all the certificates sef, work no dey and wife go still chop. Stay blessed fam
Re: What's The Weirdest Thing Hunger Made You Do? by femijay8271(m): 8:19am On Oct 01, 2021
nnamdiosu:

You welcome bro.
I asked that question so you'll know I haven't forgotten you.

I'll definitely send you another 'small ' thing soon. Let me just settle down.

God will surely help us all, our struggle won't be long. Amen. It's well bro

Boss no forget your boy o
First bank
God bless you bro and even though u no gimme anything, God Almighty still bless you for the one's u don do for peeps here wink

1 Like

Re: What's The Weirdest Thing Hunger Made You Do? by SonofGod231: 9:09am On Oct 01, 2021
lordally:

So last last na still Mumsy and Popsy been come through for you!!! Omo ehhh God bless them abeg
Amen bro...Yeah,na dem still help me out las las.
I opened up to them na....Popsy got a ticket in my name from ph and gave me the ticket number which I used and Mumsy cum pick me up for Port-Harcourt Airport.
Re: What's The Weirdest Thing Hunger Made You Do? by Nobody: 9:41am On Oct 01, 2021

1 Like

Re: What's The Weirdest Thing Hunger Made You Do? by YoungLionken(m): 9:54am On Oct 01, 2021
favelli:

How would you have done that? I mean starvation sets in I know one becomes more creative in his thinking. But team up with people in agriculture? What would you offer them in other to get food when your broke to the teeth

By simply working with them..

There are several ways to save oneself from the hostility of hunger, using agriculture as an example; (just like money) do you know that some people own a land and don't know what to do with it?

Some are willing to pay when you sell your ideas to them. If so, it will enable you to save some cash and foodstuffs for your consumption..

I own a piece of land whereby, I pay you to take care of it agriculturally, at the end of harvest, we share the farm proceeds 50/50..

Some people do 30/70, I'm not greedy though...
Re: What's The Weirdest Thing Hunger Made You Do? by gstelly: 10:12am On Oct 01, 2021
nnamdiosu:

You welcome bro.
I asked that question so you'll know I haven't forgotten you.

I'll definitely send you another 'small ' thing soon. Let me just settle down.

God will surely help us all, our struggle won't be long. Amen. It's well bro
don't forget the same girl also tongue
Re: What's The Weirdest Thing Hunger Made You Do? by HeadAcheDrug: 10:16am On Oct 01, 2021
WarAgainstBegga:
I begged. I forgot pride and begged :-

grin
Re: What's The Weirdest Thing Hunger Made You Do? by mandate12: 11:01am On Oct 01, 2021
UnimkeAk:

Don't call privilege pple Bastards, no be dia faults na ur parents no try

As old as u r, u dunno 'lucky bastard' means 'very lucky' ? Nawa for u o. Does it mean u haven't read anything new in yrs?
Re: What's The Weirdest Thing Hunger Made You Do? by Ugandatales: 11:56am On Oct 01, 2021
Offpoint1:
Ate eba with palm oil and salt...
Ate fufu with leftover indomie water
Ate raw rice with my neigbour's stew aroma
Trek from Oda Town in Akure to Futa to borrow N500.
Trek from Badadgry to Ajah for 30k job's interview...
If suffering was person, then it's Offpoint.

Life's brutal and those from less privilege homes take the worse share of it.

You don't know what the fxxck life is until you left your parents at teenage age, we ain't there yet but we will fight poverty with the last drop of our blood.
For those who got parental/relatives support and are still eating from their parents... You don't know y'all are lucky bastxxds

You trek from Badagry to Ajah?? I find this hard to believe. That would taken you a whole day of you really did it.
Re: What's The Weirdest Thing Hunger Made You Do? by Ugandatales: 12:06pm On Oct 01, 2021
SimplyFacts:
It has made me search for 'how do I survive a night with hunger' on Google. I thought I would die that night.

Hahahaha! This your attached picture made me laugh out loud grin grin

Meanwhile, I remember my own hunger story like 7 years ago. I searched for how many days can you go without food before you die. At the time of the Google search, I had gone two days without food. I woke up that night shaking...there was one bottle of small stout that was in my room (I can't remember how it got there)...I drank the thing, and my body calm down. I was able to sleep. I woke on the third day, no food still. I drank dirty water that I had fetched for bathing. Around 5pm on that third day, I knew I would probably collapse and die if I went another night without food. So, I started my journey. I started trekking from Bariga in Lagos around 5:30pm, and didn't get to my parents house in Ikotun till around 11:45pm. I was just walking like a zombie...if I had stopped, I felt I would have collapsed.

When I finally got home and slept on my old bed, the whole pain came at once. I still felt like dying, and couldn't eat anything, even though there was food in front of me. I had to start with small cookies, and milk...before I was later able to eat. Mehn! I don suffer for this world o!

7 Likes

Re: What's The Weirdest Thing Hunger Made You Do? by kimduhan2: 12:24pm On Oct 01, 2021
i forgot recipe ad cooked bad food. After that incident I started to make recipe cards. I checked great recipe template https://thegoodocs.com/freebies/recipe-templates/ for it. You know I also a big fan of reading and writing different articles and etc. I think if you want to be a writer, you need to be watching television.
Re: What's The Weirdest Thing Hunger Made You Do? by lordally(m): 12:38pm On Oct 01, 2021
SonofGod231:

Amen bro...Yeah,na dem still help me out las las.
I opened up to them na....Popsy got a ticket in my name from ph and gave me the ticket number which I used and Mumsy cum pick me up for Port-Harcourt Airport.

So all the whole Embarrassment that you got for no come if to say you tell Popsy and Mumsy .... Omo that's why I don't joke with my parents o

1 Like

Re: What's The Weirdest Thing Hunger Made You Do? by Ugandatales: 10:57am On Oct 02, 2021
Ridollahi:
In 2013, my family travel home to spend two days, I refused to follow them with the excuse of going to work. I was given money that will sustain me for two nights but an unfortunate incident happened that make them stay for six days, for three days I was only surviving on water to the extent that my boss who I happen to be his apprentice noticed i couldn't stand on my own without holding something, so asked me like three times before I confess to him that I am hungry. Before he finished cutting the hair of the customer that he is working on,he gave me money to buy bread and 7up, imagine how happy I was, by and large he ate it by himself without giving a dime about me, I thought maybe he was punishing me for stressing him before telling him my problem. He ordered that we should call it a day and we both said our good bye, tears didn't not come because I don't have the strength, my problem is how will I get home, the journey that suppose to take me 30 minutes actually took 2hours .This was one of the saddest day of my life because on my way home I had to beg an igbo guy selling foodstuffs to give me #100 for food and he told me he hasn't sell anything since morning, this was around after 11 in the night that he was already closing for the day.

Damn! You made me laugh grin grin
Re: What's The Weirdest Thing Hunger Made You Do? by Ugandatales: 11:01am On Oct 02, 2021
mayor10:
Had to join muslims to pray very early so i could eat saari abi what is it called

HAHAHAHA! How did you blend in? How did you know what to do when they were praying?
Re: What's The Weirdest Thing Hunger Made You Do? by Ugandatales: 11:03am On Oct 02, 2021
Slurity:
It was my pre-degree days at the university, 2 weeks to the final exam, I and my friend were broke to the extent that we decide to permanently stay in the sch premises because we will need to be trekking to and fro from our hostel that is over 15km into the town. We then survive on cashew and mango fruit in the campus, moving from a tree to another like monkeys. That is when we discover that if you want cashes fruits to stay long in your stomach, just pluck the fruit, squeeze our the juice and eat only the shaft. Poverty is deadly but also is wealth.

grin cheesy grin grin
Re: What's The Weirdest Thing Hunger Made You Do? by Ugandatales: 11:12am On Oct 02, 2021
SonofGod231:
I realized how hard life was while in Malaysia.
I had to beg my sister back in Nigeria to send me a few bucks. I bought a big loaf of bread and ate it, morning, afternoon and night,in such a way that I would be praying it doesn't finish because I would have to resort to eating groundnut and crackers day and night.
Luckily,I got an offer I was waiting for from Nigeria to come back home and work for the federal government based on my training.
The money they sent me could only take me as far as Lagos because I've already used from there to buy one or two for my peeps back home the week before without really calculating myself,I was looking at what I should at least get for everyone at home.
By the time I landed at MMI Airport I had just 200 hundred naira on me and I needed to be in port harcourt,which was my final destination.
The shame of calling my Parents to tell them after staying abroad for years, I could not complete my Tfare from Lagos down to phc was embarrassing. The guy man I was chitchatting with all along from Kuala Lumpur airport told me,he also doesn't have one Kobo on him that he was waiting for them to just come and pick him after I opened up to him that I going to Ph.
So I decided to walk into of those offices at the outskirts of the airport,it was for one of those domestic airlines where forgetten and unrecovered luggages were kept just around the airport.
First,I went and sat there.After much contemplating. I went to met the receptionist there and told her my story,everyone told me they don't have money to give me ooo. They offered me a phone. I used it to call my godfather in ph but after telling me "so you don't even have any money on you there?"And how much was the flight from Lagos to Ph?He told me he would get back to me and didn't bother to call me back or pick again. I waited til night and decided to call my dad but after telling him I was in Lag. I could not summon the words to tell him I was stranded and needed help. So when he asked me when I was going to be in ph,I told him I was coming that I am in Lagos already.I also spoke with my mum and told her the same thing.
Then I came back to the reality of things,that I don't have one naira on me. I was just seating at that office with all my bags and luggage like i was waiting for one fancy car coming to pick me up.
It around 10pm I was hungry but that was just the least of the problems. One guy,a travels agent who had earlier seen me there,came in and saw the hunger and struggle in my eyes. He cared to ask, so I told him my lifetime experience.He told me not to worry,took me to a private waiting lounge at the airport where some persons were already waiting.On the Ironbar benches there was where I spread my duvet and slept that night.
Next morning,the same dude came and took me to one of the airlines sales rep at the domestic terminal.After discussing with the lady, he told me the lady would fix me on the next flight to Ph,he gave his phone number and left. I thanked the guy a million times even if e no give me one penny I appreciated his efforts.
After waiting for hours not far from this lady,she didn't look at me like someone was waiting on her.They called the next flight to Ph was boarding but she didn't bother to say a word to me.So I went up to her and asked her howfar and why I was waiting on her.Then she told me she was sorry that the flight was fully booked that there were no spare seats. That she told Mr.pero she would help me if there were empty seats remaining.
For the first time,I felt like crying.All my hopes turned into glass.
Saying to myself I really need to call my mum and explain this thing to her so she can relate it to my dad so they can know and find a way to send me some money rather than thinking I was still in Lagos probably because I wanted to flex a little.

Damn...why didn't you finish this story?
Re: What's The Weirdest Thing Hunger Made You Do? by mayor10(m): 12:42pm On Oct 05, 2021
Ugandatales:

HAHAHAHA! How did you blend in? How did you know what to do when they were praying?

i dey copy wetin them dey do na

1 Like

Re: What's The Weirdest Thing Hunger Made You Do? by WaterWalker5(m): 1:46am On Oct 07, 2021
Abigarnics01:
I never chop todayundecided undecided undecided
I nor get power to write now.
Hunger don beat you sotey you go dey feel headache and see double?
TBT, it's so hard surviving alone without external help from anywhere abeg. E tire me. God help my soul.
Sorry honey
Its everywhere. Today alone. I had a bunch of plantain but no access to gas And money to buy oil. So instead of begin my next neighbor to allow me use their gas, I decided to eat the plantains raw. It's really quite nourishing. Truth is when you're ravaged by hunger even the drabbest food combo tastes sweet
Re: What's The Weirdest Thing Hunger Made You Do? by Pumpumking: 11:40pm On Oct 13, 2021
Pegi23:
Garri and salt.. pap without sugar or milk....bread and water..damn back in the days ehh babe was broke..

Wow.u drink garri n pap?....I never tasted that $hit in my life.
please did u use to work has house girl?(no oofencse) : embarassed

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

My Posh Food Thread ❤ / Beware Of Reddish Palm Oil, NAFDAC Warns Nigerians / How Do You Feel When Not Given Food In An Occasion?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.