Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,358 members, 7,829,909 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 01:32 PM

What's The Weirdest Thing Hunger Made You Do? - Food (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / What's The Weirdest Thing Hunger Made You Do? (27847 Views)

What Is The Weirdest Food Combo You Have Ever Eaten? (picture) / What's The Weirdest Food Combo You've Heard Or Seen? / Lockdown: Nigerian Man Dies Of Hunger (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What's The Weirdest Thing Hunger Made You Do? by YoungLionken(m): 11:47am On Sep 30, 2021
Never been in such mental position, if so, I woulda teamed up with people on agriculture...
Re: What's The Weirdest Thing Hunger Made You Do? by Lamanii22(f): 11:47am On Sep 30, 2021
OkuFaba:

If you know what free lunch means to a student t

Now na me dey do shakara for free lunch from ladies sef.
Levels really changed.
That same neighbour now said I'm into diabolic things to make money cos I can't stoop that low again to do such.
People no dey want make person grow, they'll want you to keep worshipping them till eternity

Can you imagine! Some People don't mind if you'd lick their asses forever... They don't ever want someone to get to the top!

10 Likes

Re: What's The Weirdest Thing Hunger Made You Do? by one4GOD(f): 11:47am On Sep 30, 2021
Juliusmomoh:
Just as the subject above.

What is the weirdest things hunger makes you do?

Mine is..

When i was living alone as a young man. There was one particular week that i was damn broke. No money on me except #1000. I use the money to made yam porridge.

But can you imagine that i turn the yam porrigde into soup?

I beg my landlady for garri, she accept and i made eba with it. Using the yam porridge soup to step it down. embarassed

May god help us all
long ago i looked around all i had was yam flour at home, i used it as thickner for soup with just onion, maggi, pepper, salt and oil. then i did amala and ate. But now God don punish poverty for my life oooh nah dieting dey worry me now grin grin grin grin

18 Likes

Re: What's The Weirdest Thing Hunger Made You Do? by Ever8090: 11:47am On Sep 30, 2021
OkuFaba:
Got broke sometime in my 3rd year in the university, I was the sole sponsor of my education, just bought textbooks and renewed my rents then, but hunger no send oo, I overheard my married neighbour talking about having laundry to do without strength, I struck a deal, did the laundry, noticed his house was unkept, told him to up my pay and I'll do magical cleaning.
I ended up making 8k that day and a free lunch.

If you know what free lunch means to a student that time.

Now na me dey do shakara for free lunch from ladies sef.
Levels really changed.
That same neighbour now said I'm into diabolic things to make money cos I can't stoop that low again to do such.
People no dey want make person grow, they'll want you to keep worshipping them till eternity
honestly,.they want you to remain at their mercy untill you die..

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: What's The Weirdest Thing Hunger Made You Do? by Offpoint1: 11:47am On Sep 30, 2021
UnimkeAk:

Don't call privilege pple Bastards, no be dia faults na ur parents no try
The bastxxd in my context isn't an insultive one, it's an expression.

12 Likes

Re: What's The Weirdest Thing Hunger Made You Do? by htdot: 11:48am On Sep 30, 2021
UnimkeAk:

Don't call privilege pple Bastards, no be dia faults na ur parents no try
You dont get it.... bastrd in his sentence mean folks

9 Likes

Re: What's The Weirdest Thing Hunger Made You Do? by Goalnaldo(m): 11:49am On Sep 30, 2021
Mine is what's the weirdest thing betting made me do.

I used the last #200 I had to stake game while I was in school. The game still cut cry

2 Likes

Re: What's The Weirdest Thing Hunger Made You Do? by macho44(m): 11:49am On Sep 30, 2021
My experience isn't palatable at all, truly truly, "HUNGER" Bad grin.
So, in my case, it happened years back, I was in primary 1, and I had a baby brother who was barely 2 years old. I returned home from school on that fateful day, the sun was burning hot and I was super hungry, because my classmates for school then(Kalac Nursery & Primary School, Olodi -Apapa) Sabi beg. grin
Normal before we reach house food don suppose ready, but on that fateful day Dem Neva even start to cook, na so I enter my mama room go check if I fit see something chop. While ransacking her cabinet, my roaming eyes caught something that looked like beans on the floor, based on say na Beans we chop that morning go school I reason say e fit be part of the beans wey fall off from person plate, na so I rush pick am put for mouth begin chop.
Brethren!!! Lo & Behold, it wasn't beans, na SHIT as in feaces way my baby bro pass out from his Kaka, he folo eat the beans and e come out for his shit.
That incident has remained evergreen, i no forget am.

39 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What's The Weirdest Thing Hunger Made You Do? by Offpoint1: 11:49am On Sep 30, 2021
buzorcharles:

Badagry to ajah is not possible
Our ancestor trekked from one state to another, people trekked from Libya to Europe

10 Likes

Re: What's The Weirdest Thing Hunger Made You Do? by Kaxmytex(m): 11:49am On Sep 30, 2021
Offpoint1:
Ate eba with palm oil and salt...
Ate fufu with leftover indomie water
Ate raw rice with my neigbour's stew aroma
Trek from Oda Town in Akure to Futa to borrow N500.
Trek from Badadgry to Ajah for 30k job's interview...
If suffering was person, then it's Offpoint.

Life's brutal and those from less privilege homes take the worse share of it.

You don't know what the fxxck life is until you left your parents at teenage age, we ain't there yet but we will fight poverty with the last drop of our blood.
For those who got parental/relatives support and are still eating from their parents... You don't know y'all are lucky bastxxds

Enipe

Oda road to futa sef no possible, not to talk of the main town, shey u dey whine ur ancestor ni??

Come off it joor...

2 Likes

Re: What's The Weirdest Thing Hunger Made You Do? by Nobody: 11:49am On Sep 30, 2021
Juliusmomoh:

Mine is..

When i was living alone as a young man. There was one particular week that i was damn broke. No money on me except #1000. I use the money to made yam porridge.

I beg my landlady for garri, she accept and i made eba with it. Using the yam porridge soup to step it down. embarassed

May god help us all

One particular day
No single cash on me because salary was delayed
No gas in the cylinder....nepa refused to bring light for me to use hot plate.
I carry noodles soak am inside normal water for 15mins..filtered it and eat like dat...weird!

1 Like

Re: What's The Weirdest Thing Hunger Made You Do? by AsiwajuAsatheo: 11:50am On Sep 30, 2021
Offpoint1:
Ate eba with palm oil and salt...
Ate fufu with leftover indomie water
Ate raw rice with my neigbour's stew aroma
Trek from Oda Town in Akure to Futa to borrow N500.
Trek from Badadgry to Ajah for 30k job's interview...
If suffering was person, then it's Offpoint.

Life's brutal and those from less privilege homes take the worse share of it.

You don't know what the fxxck life is until you left your parents at teenage age, we ain't there yet but we will fight poverty with the last drop of our blood.
For those who got parental/relatives support and are still eating from their parents... You don't know y'all are lucky bastxxds

Badagry to Ajah ���
Fear God

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: What's The Weirdest Thing Hunger Made You Do? by skammer(m): 11:50am On Sep 30, 2021
Omo×1000

I can still remember vividly, how i ate 2cups of beans for 3 days cry
If i chop small, i go add more water, so e go plenty back. I did this for 3 days. May God help us

13 Likes

Re: What's The Weirdest Thing Hunger Made You Do? by AkanjiNaira: 11:50am On Sep 30, 2021
Juliusmomoh:

Mine is..

May god help us all

School days, the only things left in my house was a box of St loui Sugar! I just started eating it

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What's The Weirdest Thing Hunger Made You Do? by Harrykn: 11:51am On Sep 30, 2021
Eating fufu with indomie ingredients, may we never be broke.Amen.

5 Likes

Re: What's The Weirdest Thing Hunger Made You Do? by Polynek(m): 11:51am On Sep 30, 2021
My own no b past tense oo as am typing Dix now I haven't eat anything since morning my hope 4 night is d small garri wey dey my bucket, and as Nigeria de so any person wey beg on SM, many go take u as a scammer angry

3 Likes

Re: What's The Weirdest Thing Hunger Made You Do? by chatinent: 11:51am On Sep 30, 2021
Lamanii22:

Can you imagine! Some People don't mind if you'd lick their asses forever... They don't ever want someone to get to the top!
As in eh.

1 Like

Re: What's The Weirdest Thing Hunger Made You Do? by frankames2209(m): 11:51am On Sep 30, 2021
I turn I waka well
Re: What's The Weirdest Thing Hunger Made You Do? by Nobody: 11:52am On Sep 30, 2021
slawormiir:
Damnnn niggar

Grab my weed to read tales

Lol @tales,,, a bottle of Heineken no dey kuku leave your table daily.

Re: What's The Weirdest Thing Hunger Made You Do? by 09085607453king: 11:55am On Sep 30, 2021
Juliusmomoh:
Lalasticlala
please I have been trying to know what is the meaning of this Lalasticlala
Re: What's The Weirdest Thing Hunger Made You Do? by Lamanii22(f): 11:55am On Sep 30, 2021
macho44:
My experience isn't palatable at all, truly truly, "HUNGER" Bad grin.
So, in my case, it happened years back, I was in primary 1, and I had a baby brother who was barely 2 years old. I returned home from school on that fateful day, the sun was burning hot and I was super hungry, because my classmates for school then(Kalac Nursery & Primary School, Olodi -Apapa) Sabi beg. grin
Normal before we reach house food don suppose ready, but on that fateful day Dem Neva even start to cook, na so I enter my mama room go check if I fit see something chop. While ransacking her cabinet, my roaming eyes caught something that looked like beans on the floor, based on say na Beans we chop that morning go school I reason say e fit be part of the beans wey fall off from person plate, na so I rush pick am put for mouth begin chop.
Brethren!!! Lo & Behold, it wasn't beans, na SHIT as in feaces way my baby bro pass out from his Kaka, he folo eat the beans and e come out for his shit.
That incident has remained evergreen, i no forget am.

Omooor! grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: What's The Weirdest Thing Hunger Made You Do? by debbydams(f): 11:56am On Sep 30, 2021
Ate faster as if someone is after my life
Re: What's The Weirdest Thing Hunger Made You Do? by ukwenjimmy: 12:00pm On Sep 30, 2021
I soaked garri and use toothpaste as sugar.

1 Like

Re: What's The Weirdest Thing Hunger Made You Do? by francis5051: 12:03pm On Sep 30, 2021
Mehn I drank semo

1 Like

Re: What's The Weirdest Thing Hunger Made You Do? by Ahmback(m): 12:04pm On Sep 30, 2021
chatinent:

When car dey pass sha, try hold electric pole.
i tried as much
Re: What's The Weirdest Thing Hunger Made You Do? by Kennedy97: 12:05pm On Sep 30, 2021
Sonnobax15:
undecided
I was in ND2 as then...The hunger struck so hard on me to the extent that one fateful night,I arranged a gang (my hostel mates) and went into a nearby bush to search for snails cheesy. The funny part was that snails was being worshipped as a deity by the villagers...Na when their local vigilante jam us,dem begin warn us say na that the same bush armed robbers dey use as their hide outs after robbery sad na then we begin explain wetin carry us go there. Thank God we were with our school I.D cards grin. Las las,they set us free...

I read your story finish na ozoro just come my mind
Re: What's The Weirdest Thing Hunger Made You Do? by Solofresh2: 12:05pm On Sep 30, 2021
Juliusmomoh:

Mine is..

May god help us all
Lol sebi you still have 1000Naira with you, me I was broke to the extent that I I only 100Naira with me.I don't really make friends then so I had to meet my ex girlfriend then, she made ridicule of me to the extent that I feel like the ground should open up and swallow me
I don't pray to be broke again in my life

6 Likes

Re: What's The Weirdest Thing Hunger Made You Do? by Ridollahi(m): 12:05pm On Sep 30, 2021
In 2013, my family travel home to spend two days, I refused to follow them with the excuse of going to work. I was given money that will sustain me for two nights but an unfortunate incident happened that make them stay for six days, for three days I was only surviving on water to the extent that my boss who I happen to be his apprentice noticed i couldn't stand on my own without holding something, so asked me like three times before I confess to him that I am hungry. Before he finished cutting the hair of the customer that he is working on,he gave me money to buy bread and 7up, imagine how happy I was, by and large he ate it by himself without giving a dime about me, I thought maybe he was punishing me for stressing him before telling him my problem. He ordered that we should call it a day and we both said our good bye, tears didn't not come because I don't have the strength, my problem is how will I get home, the journey that suppose to take me 30 minutes actually took 2hours .This was one of the saddest day of my life because on my way home I had to beg an igbo guy selling foodstuffs to give me #100 for food and he told me he hasn't sell anything since morning, this was around after 11 in the night that he was already closing for the day.

22 Likes

Re: What's The Weirdest Thing Hunger Made You Do? by easzypeaszy(m): 12:06pm On Sep 30, 2021
nobody was at home..i saw Mama Rashida kept her bowl of garri..instead of me to go n beg her i went n fetch..me n my yngr sistr lock oursef up n drank it...didnt kw som1 saw us...She beat me black n blue b4 my momsy combck...i no even fit talk...dat was 1998

7 Likes

Re: What's The Weirdest Thing Hunger Made You Do? by Sonnobax15(m): 12:06pm On Sep 30, 2021
Kennedy97:

I read your story finish na ozoro just come my mind

grin

2 Likes

Re: What's The Weirdest Thing Hunger Made You Do? by Mckhala80(m): 12:07pm On Sep 30, 2021
Hunger made me fake my mum's sickness . My mum that passed on since i was still tenager. The response was positive mehnnn. Rest on mum.

2 Likes

Re: What's The Weirdest Thing Hunger Made You Do? by Akalia(m): 12:07pm On Sep 30, 2021
one4GOD:
long ago i looked around all i had was yam flour at home, i used it as thickner for soup with just onion, maggi, pepper, salt and oil. then i did amala and ate. But now God don punish poverty for my life oooh nah dieting dey worry me now [b][/b]grin grin grin grin
who ask you?

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

How Do You Feel When Not Given Food In An Occasion? / Shocking Price Of Groundnut In My Area / Lagos Residents Consume N4.5bn Food Daily

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.