Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,054 members, 7,835,562 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 11:49 AM

What's The Weirdest Thing Hunger Made You Do? - Food (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / What's The Weirdest Thing Hunger Made You Do? (27878 Views)

What Is The Weirdest Food Combo You Have Ever Eaten? (picture) / What's The Weirdest Food Combo You've Heard Or Seen? / Lockdown: Nigerian Man Dies Of Hunger (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What's The Weirdest Thing Hunger Made You Do? by stinjoe(m): 2:19pm On Sep 30, 2021
nnamdiosu:

You welcome bro.
I asked that question so you'll know I haven't forgotten you.

I'll definitely send you another 'small ' thing soon. Let me just settle down.

God will surely help us all, our struggle won't be long. Amen. It's well bro
Surely it's well. God will definitely see to your heart desires Sir. God will surely see all our struggles through. Amen!

2 Likes

Re: What's The Weirdest Thing Hunger Made You Do? by Nobody: 2:19pm On Sep 30, 2021
OkuFaba:
it is well my brother
amen o! Ihave turned to julius berger on nairaland!
Re: What's The Weirdest Thing Hunger Made You Do? by Ikillbrokehoes(m): 2:19pm On Sep 30, 2021
chatinent:

I guess that was why you decided to kill broke people.
cheesy
Re: What's The Weirdest Thing Hunger Made You Do? by AngelicBeing: 2:26pm On Sep 30, 2021
Shellsploit:
I ate a whole guava tree until the tree was naked...

Date: 18-08-2021
Hian,like seriously, eating a whole guava tree, wetin person no go read for nairaland.com, where is EFCC when you need them, get Shellsploit arrested and jailed for 300 years for guava and vegetation cruelly shocked

1 Like

Re: What's The Weirdest Thing Hunger Made You Do? by Lifeofsegzy: 2:45pm On Sep 30, 2021
During my year one at FUTA after exam when almost every student already left for there homes when I had to fed on an Orange tree both unripened and ripened for 1 week to survive cry.
During my 200 level day at school when I went to my location inside the bush to poo, due to hunger i was sniffing my poo maybe I fit chop am
Re: What's The Weirdest Thing Hunger Made You Do? by shantti(m): 2:46pm On Sep 30, 2021
macho44:
My experience isn't palatable at all, truly truly, "HUNGER" Bad grin.
So, in my case, it happened years back, I was in primary 1, and I had a baby brother who was barely 2 years old. I returned home from school on that fateful day, the sun was burning hot and I was super hungry, because my classmates for school then(Kalac Nursery & Primary School, Olodi -Apapa) Sabi beg. grin
Normal before we reach house food don suppose ready, but on that fateful day Dem Neva even start to cook, na so I enter my mama room go check if I fit see something chop. While ransacking her cabinet, my roaming eyes caught something that looked like beans on the floor, based on say na Beans we chop that morning go school I reason say e fit be part of the beans wey fall off from person plate, na so I rush pick am put for mouth begin chop.
Brethren!!! Lo & Behold, it wasn't beans, na SHIT as in feaces way my baby bro pass out from his Kaka, he folo eat the beans and e come out for his shit.
That incident has remained evergreen, i no forget am.

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin omo ur own worst

3 Likes

Re: What's The Weirdest Thing Hunger Made You Do? by Xman12345goat: 2:55pm On Sep 30, 2021
I was so broke. I had to do runs girl for one night. I made 5k then and was able to settle my debts and feed my self. After that I stopped doing olosho.
Re: What's The Weirdest Thing Hunger Made You Do? by Offpoint1: 2:55pm On Sep 30, 2021
HRSweetness:

I'm so sorry for all you've been through cry
Thanks dear... Life's stages.
Re: What's The Weirdest Thing Hunger Made You Do? by Lifeofsegzy: 3:02pm On Sep 30, 2021
During my year 3 in FUTA I could remember the day I went to pick the spoilt corn bread my hostel roommate who was a junior to me threw inside our block dustbin in front of our room.
Re: What's The Weirdest Thing Hunger Made You Do? by Adeesther56(f): 3:15pm On Sep 30, 2021
Aswear nigeria is suffering and smiling o

1 Like

Re: What's The Weirdest Thing Hunger Made You Do? by Babaijeshaa: 3:19pm On Sep 30, 2021
Right now as at 3:20 I'm eating a beans of 26 hours. I got a free left over food from a neighbor yesterday morning, she combined the previous day amala with small soup, the afternoon leftover rice and my other neigbour gave me beans she cooke Wednesday morning. I decided to eat part of the beans first because it might get spoilt befre afternoon or night and I can't afford to loose a whole beans... So I have two leftover foods untouched and I ate the leftover rice in the afternoon. I could have eaten the amala but it's getting bad already and I was feeling like vomiting. So I opend the amala to get fresh air to avoid spoilage..later in the night I was hungry and I decided to eat the amala. As I carry the amala na so I see small small insects on it and some has eaten it deep, I still wanted to manage it by removing the affected part and behold I saw three cockroaches trapped under the nylon of amala. Na so I vex throw am away hoping for the left over beans. When night came finally I brought out the beans and opend it.. Mehn the whole room was so polluted and I had to open it down to get fresh air maybe it can later be eatable. thank God the smell is going small small and I felt it can be okay to eat. I checked the top and it's looking eatable because of the fresh air I exposed it to. So I turned it with a spoon to see the bottom and behold another odour started gushing out.. I didn't stop and I keep turning it to take the fresh air till I noticed the odour has reduced. So I decided to leave it under fresh air till the following day and decided to go hungry for the night...this morning I had no option of what to and where to eat and I brought out the beans Mehn the beans don spoil but if not for sapa wey catch me I have to chop am like that... I closed my eyes and nose to put it in my mouth and swallow, when I did it like five times I drank water and it flushed it down I kept the remaining till this time and I'm eating it again now. May God ease the suffering.

3 Likes

Re: What's The Weirdest Thing Hunger Made You Do? by muller101(m): 3:26pm On Sep 30, 2021
slawormiir:
Damnnn niggar

Grab my weed to read tales..

To be sincere....haven't experience tough hunger though right from birth... not because say na me huzzle pass....or we get money for the family...but every body concentrated their love and care for me.....
As the only niggar among six children.....

Respect to all those who don really suffer

So how come you ended up as a scammer. grin

2 Likes

Re: What's The Weirdest Thing Hunger Made You Do? by macho44(m): 3:36pm On Sep 30, 2021
chatinent:

If I had connection, you need to be in America now doing comedy.

You don off me totally.
Oya!!!! Let's Go Dia grin grin grin grin
I don renew my Passport already, waiting on you to holla@me grin grin grin. Even if na ur suitcase, make i squeeze myself enter, no time to check time cheesy
Re: What's The Weirdest Thing Hunger Made You Do? by macho44(m): 3:38pm On Sep 30, 2021
shantti:

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin omo ur own worst
True Life Story cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: What's The Weirdest Thing Hunger Made You Do? by macho44(m): 3:39pm On Sep 30, 2021
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Shellsploit:

Lwkmd
cheesy grin
Re: What's The Weirdest Thing Hunger Made You Do? by macho44(m): 3:40pm On Sep 30, 2021
egunna:
guy,abeg I dey office,no make Dem think say I dey craze with laughter

Laughter is the best medicine, Abi u no wan enter New Month with "Joy & Happiness"? cheesy grin
Re: What's The Weirdest Thing Hunger Made You Do? by macho44(m): 3:41pm On Sep 30, 2021
Re: What's The Weirdest Thing Hunger Made You Do? by macho44(m): 3:42pm On Sep 30, 2021
SimplyFacts:

Memorable but not palatable,,,, indeed!
Indeed grin grin
Re: What's The Weirdest Thing Hunger Made You Do? by LincolnOnyeabor: 3:45pm On Sep 30, 2021
During exams in School, I ate mangoes for 3 days straight and wrote 5 exams within that period. UNN wasn't funny oo.

1 Like

Re: What's The Weirdest Thing Hunger Made You Do? by BillionKnights: 3:47pm On Sep 30, 2021
slawormiir:
Damnnn niggar

Grab my weed to read tales..

To be sincere....haven't experience tough hunger though right from birth... not because say na me huzzle pass....or we get money for the family...but every body concentrated their love and care for me.....
As the only niggar among six children.....

Respect to all those who don really suffer

Na why you spooooil like so
Re: What's The Weirdest Thing Hunger Made You Do? by shantti(m): 3:49pm On Sep 30, 2021
Xman12345goat:
I was so broke. I had to do runs girl for one night. I made 5k then and was able to settle my debts and feed my self. After that I stopped doing olosho.

It's well. But I hope u've really stopped it for good
Re: What's The Weirdest Thing Hunger Made You Do? by shedy03(m): 3:50pm On Sep 30, 2021
Hunger showed me who my real friends are.
I had to go begging from my so called friends, including university mates that are doing better. Most of them failed me. Thank God no condition is permanent, it's all bygone now.

3 Likes

Re: What's The Weirdest Thing Hunger Made You Do? by Prophet777: 3:50pm On Sep 30, 2021
My mum travelled and she was expected to return within a week but unable to return on the due date. After two weeks, no more food at home again. All the money she dropped for us has completely been spent. We searched everywhere, no food,nothing.

To cut the long story short, we saw a four crates of eggs neatly kept somewhere behind the wardrobe in the kitchen, unknowingly she will return in the next two days.

Brothers and sisters in the Lord, we will cook one crate in the morning and another one crate for dinner. That was how two of us consumed two crates of eggs within two days.

What happened when mum returns is unexplainable. We were just messing up everywhere so tey no one ask us before we confessed our sin.

1 Like

Re: What's The Weirdest Thing Hunger Made You Do? by shantti(m): 3:55pm On Sep 30, 2021
Hunger made me to go to morning Mass and receive holy Communion 3 times. I wasn't even satisfied a bit. Thank God no one noticed.

1 Like

Re: What's The Weirdest Thing Hunger Made You Do? by shantti(m): 3:55pm On Sep 30, 2021
Re: What's The Weirdest Thing Hunger Made You Do? by Oyerinde16(m): 4:08pm On Sep 30, 2021
Back in 2006, far away in school p man traveled, was outta cash and food, one early morning, me and my flatmate both broke had to pluck sweat potatoes from a nearby farm, on a particular day, other guy woke up early to get for himself alone, I over slept, sapa that day na bastard.

One day in PH no salary, broke, my B bro had promised to send me money but I no sabi disturb, starve for about 2 days, when I called, he said he had sent it since yesterday, thank God say bank de nearby, collect money branch chop that day..
I don't suffer for this life but now we thank God...
Re: What's The Weirdest Thing Hunger Made You Do? by KOLISBABA(m): 4:26pm On Sep 30, 2021
After failing my predegree program back den at futa, den I was neglected from home, nothing is coming from anywhere, I had to enter bush find vegetable, cooked without oil or anything at all just salt, come dey swallow ham like that, any small money I see that time i dey go buy beans cook, every belches from me den smell really bad like say na soakaway juice I dey drink
Juliusmomoh:
Just as the subject above.

What is the weirdest things hunger makes you do?

Mine is..

When i was living alone as a young man. There was one particular week that i was damn broke. No money on me except #1000. I use the money to made yam porridge.

But can you imagine that i turn the yam porrigde into soup?

I beg my landlady for garri, she accept and i made eba with it. Using the yam porridge soup to step it down. embarassed

May god help us all
Re: What's The Weirdest Thing Hunger Made You Do? by Juliusmomoh: 4:42pm On Sep 30, 2021
09085607453king:
please I have been trying to know what is the meaning of this Lalasticlala

Lalasticlala is the super moderator of these forum. Anytime you want you thread on frontpage, just mention him
Re: What's The Weirdest Thing Hunger Made You Do? by princewarri1985: 4:48pm On Sep 30, 2021
Hunger na bad thing oh 20 years back my mom and my younger ones travelled to the village and i was the only one left at home and my mom gave me money to take to the market to buy food stuff that will last me for 5 days till they returned and i went to play gamble (rolling dice) they ate all the money my mom gave me, i got home and drank garri and slept, the next day there is this event centre close to my place and a marriage reception was to be held there, then i came up with an inginious plan as a sharp warri boy, during the reception i was just observing the woman incharge of the sacks loaded with the take away packs of rice, immediatey she is alone and the 3 girls with her has gone to distribute rice, i went to her and told her mama we are the live band performing since and they've not given us food, and she said "oh sorry my son how many are you" and i said 15 and she gave me 15 plate of rice, and i headed for the gate and mopol refused to let me pass i had to bribe mopol with 2 plate, i ate till mom came

5 Likes

Re: What's The Weirdest Thing Hunger Made You Do? by Misternas89(m): 4:50pm On Sep 30, 2021
Ahmback:
Back then in Sec Sch.... niggas in the dormitory would use toothpaste to eat bread.

Here in Uni,,,, i don dey hungry for two good days surviving only on water... on the third day a good Samaritan gave me 2k to buy food saying I was "flying" while walking

Aside hunger stuff,,, i got lots of story to tell base on hostel life
Guy abeg no use laff kee me. But how you sef dey walk that time wey the guy sharply noticed ? Hahahahaha lol grin cheesy grin
Re: What's The Weirdest Thing Hunger Made You Do? by godofuck231: 5:04pm On Sep 30, 2021
I called a girl that I was dying hungry , she told me I was being a baby crying over hunger , if I knew what hunger feels like in the real life , I go to her apartment, Ate 2 packets of pasta , and she bolted 3 Refused coming back to her apartment unless I left
Re: What's The Weirdest Thing Hunger Made You Do? by oluwafeolami(m): 5:12pm On Sep 30, 2021
Offpoint1:
Ate eba with palm oil and salt...
Ate fufu with leftover indomie water
Ate raw rice with my neigbour's stew aroma
Trek from Oda Town in Akure to Futa to borrow N500.
Trek from Badadgry to Ajah for 30k job's interview...
If suffering was person, then it's Offpoint.

Life's brutal and those from less privilege homes take the worse share of it.

You don't know what the fxxck life is until you left your parents at teenage age, we ain't there yet but we will fight poverty with the last drop of our blood.
For those who got parental/relatives support and are still eating from their parents... You don't know y'all are lucky bastxxds

Greatest futarian

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

How Do You Feel When Not Given Food In An Occasion? / Shocking Price Of Groundnut In My Area / Healthy Living: Organic Sea salt, Organic Honey, Raw Shea butter & Coconut oil.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.