Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,747 members, 7,817,062 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:24 AM

What's The Weirdest Thing Hunger Made You Do? - Food (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / What's The Weirdest Thing Hunger Made You Do? (27782 Views)

What Is The Weirdest Food Combo You Have Ever Eaten? (picture) / What's The Weirdest Food Combo You've Heard Or Seen? / Lockdown: Nigerian Man Dies Of Hunger (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What's The Weirdest Thing Hunger Made You Do? by caandi: 5:18pm On Sep 30, 2021
I’ve never being in such position but I pray for those that don’t have food to eat today and tomorrow I pray that God blesses you with enough food to fill your bellies

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What's The Weirdest Thing Hunger Made You Do? by lordally(m): 5:27pm On Sep 30, 2021
Ahmback:
like...... I was very light (lost weight)...
I didn't have stamina again on ground, was just walking zigzag

Guy laf don paralyse me!!! grin grin
Re: What's The Weirdest Thing Hunger Made You Do? by millionboi(m): 5:28pm On Sep 30, 2021
Goalnaldo:
Mine is what's the weirdest thing betting made me do.

I used the last #200 I had to stake game while I was in school. The game still cut cry
have you stopped betting?
Re: What's The Weirdest Thing Hunger Made You Do? by lordally(m): 5:34pm On Sep 30, 2021
macho44:
My experience isn't palatable at all, truly truly, "HUNGER" Bad grin.
So, in my case, it happened years back, I was in primary 1, and I had a baby brother who was barely 2 years old. I returned home from school on that fateful day, the sun was burning hot and I was super hungry, because my classmates for school then(Kalac Nursery & Primary School, Olodi -Apapa) Sabi beg. grin
Normal before we reach house food don suppose ready, but on that fateful day Dem Neva even start to cook, na so I enter my mama room go check if I fit see something chop. While ransacking her cabinet, my roaming eyes caught something that looked like beans on the floor, based on say na Beans we chop that morning go school I reason say e fit be part of the beans wey fall off from person plate, na so I rush pick am put for mouth begin chop.
Brethren!!! Lo & Behold, it wasn't beans, na SHIT as in feaces way my baby bro pass out from his Kaka, he folo eat the beans and e come out for his shit.
That incident has remained evergreen, i no forget am.

Guy you don off me!! grin grin cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: What's The Weirdest Thing Hunger Made You Do? by millionboi(m): 5:34pm On Sep 30, 2021
ukwenjimmy:
I soaked garri and use toothpaste as sugar.
while u no soak only d garri
Re: What's The Weirdest Thing Hunger Made You Do? by Fidelismaria: 5:39pm On Sep 30, 2021
SonofGod231:
I realized how hard life was while in Malaysia.
I had to beg my sister back in Nigeria to send me a few bucks. I bought a big loaf of bread and ate it, morning, afternoon and night,in such a way that I would be praying it doesn't finish because I would have to resort to eating groundnut and crackers day and night.
Luckily,I got an offer I was waiting for from Nigeria to come back home and work for the federal government based on my training.
The money they sent me could only take me as far as Lagos because I've already used from there to buy one or two for my peeps back home the week before without really calculating myself,I was looking at what I should at least get for everyone at home.
By the time I landed at MMI Airport I had just 200 hundred naira on me and I needed to be in port harcourt,which was my final destination.
The shame of calling my Parents to tell them after staying abroad for years, I could not complete my Tfare from Lagos down to phc was embarrassing. The guy man I was chitchatting with all along from Kuala Lumpur airport told me,he also doesn't have one Kobo on him that he was waiting for them to just come and pick him after I opened up to him that I going to Ph.
So I decided to walk into of those offices at the outskirts of the airport,it was for one of those domestic airlines where forgetten and unrecovered luggages were kept just around the airport.
First,I went and sat there.After much contemplating. I went to met the receptionist there and told her my story,everyone told me they don't have money to give me ooo. They offered me a phone. I used it to call my godfather in ph but after telling me "so you don't even have any money on you there?"And how much was the flight from Lagos to Ph?He told me he would get back to me and didn't bother to call me back or pick again. I waited til night and decided to call my dad but after telling him I was in Lag. I could not summon the words to tell him I was stranded and needed help. So when he asked me when I was going to be in ph,I told him I was coming that I am in Lagos already.I also spoke with my mum and told her the same thing.
Then I came back to the reality of things,that I don't have one naira on me. I was just seating at that office with all my bags and luggage like i was waiting for one fancy car coming to pick me up.
It around 10pm I was hungry but that was just the least of the problems. One guy,a travels agent who had earlier seen me there,came in and saw the hunger and struggle in my eyes. He cared to ask, so I told him my lifetime experience.He told me not to worry,took me to a private waiting lounge at the airport where some persons were already waiting.On the Ironbar benches there was where I spread my duvet and slept that night.
Next morning,the same dude came and took me to one of the airlines sales rep at the domestic terminal.After discussing with the lady, he told me the lady would fix me on the next flight to Ph,he gave his phone number and left. I thanked the guy a million times even if e no give me one penny I appreciated his efforts.
After waiting for hours not far from this lady,she didn't look at me like someone was waiting on her.They called the next flight to Ph was boarding but she didn't bother to say a word to me.So I went up to her and asked her howfar and why I was waiting on her.Then she told me she was sorry that the flight was fully booked that there were no spare seats. That she told Mr.pero she would help me if there were empty seats remaining.
For the first time,I felt like crying.All my hopes turned into glass.
Saying to myself I really need to call my mum and explain this thing to her so she can relate it to my dad so they can know and find a way to send me some money rather than thinking I was still in Lagos probably because I wanted to flex a little.

Boss man, come complete your story na

2 Likes

Re: What's The Weirdest Thing Hunger Made You Do? by Kingluqman(m): 5:40pm On Sep 30, 2021
I had to be licking butter and salt in the middle of the night when I couldn't sleep.

Today... Alhamdulillah!!!
Re: What's The Weirdest Thing Hunger Made You Do? by Mikael0407(m): 5:40pm On Sep 30, 2021
For the first time in my life I put pride aside and entered street to beg random people for any small thing they could spare... Omoh I for die for hunger otherwise embarassed
Re: What's The Weirdest Thing Hunger Made You Do? by kechywillz(m): 5:42pm On Sep 30, 2021
Ate unripe mango,when u open when unriped ,it is white in color,ate it as if was just a way to calm the worms eating up my stomach walls

These was during my university days,woke up in the mid night and brushed my teeth,after brushing my teeth,I started licking the paste
Re: What's The Weirdest Thing Hunger Made You Do? by MubaraqAbba(m): 5:55pm On Sep 30, 2021
Re: What's The Weirdest Thing Hunger Made You Do? by Gfskw: 6:02pm On Sep 30, 2021
Sleep
Re: What's The Weirdest Thing Hunger Made You Do? by babavik: 6:02pm On Sep 30, 2021
Debauhaus1990:
I didn't eat for a whole day, the following morning I became unstable, shaky, hungry all was happening at once. I just took palm oil mixed it with salt and just drank it. I wasn't satiated yet, I had to eat the kponmo my brother soaked overnight because I would have died if I didn't eat it.
Btw, hunger is the only thing that can humble anybody.
Guy you don burst my eye glass LOL
Re: What's The Weirdest Thing Hunger Made You Do? by millionboi(m): 6:06pm On Sep 30, 2021
SonofGod231:
I had to beg my sister back in Nigeria to send me a few bucks. I bought a big loaf of bread and ate it, morning, afternoon and night,in such a way that I would be praying it doesn't finish because I would have to resort to eating groundnut and crackers day and night.
Luckily,I got an offer I was waiting for from Nigeria to come back home and work for the federal government based on my training.
The money they sent me could only take me as far as Lagos because I've already used from there to buy one or two for my peeps back home the week before without really calculating myself,I was looking at what I should at least get for everyone at home.
By the time I landed at MMI Airport I had just 200 hundred naira on me and I needed to be in port harcourt,which was my final destination.
The shame of calling my Parents to tell them after staying abroad for years, I could not complete my Tfare from Lagos down to phc was embarrassing. The guy man I was chitchatting with all along from Kuala Lumpur airport told me,he also doesn't have one Kobo on him that he was waiting for them to just come and pick him after I opened up to him that I going to Ph.
So I decided to walk into of those offices at the outskirts of the airport,it was for one of those domestic airlines where forgetten and unrecovered luggages were kept just around the airport.
First,I went and sat there.After much contemplating. I went to met the receptionist there and told her my story,everyone told me they don't have money to give me ooo. They offered me a phone. I used it to call my godfather in ph but after telling me "so you don't even have any money on you there?"And how much was the flight from Lagos to Ph?He told me he would get back to me and didn't bother to call me back or pick again. I waited til night and decided to call my dad but after telling him I was in Lag. I could not summon the words to tell him I was stranded and needed help. So when he asked me when I was going to be in ph,I told him I was coming that I am in Lagos already.I also spoke with my mum and told her the same thing.
Then I came back to the reality of things,that I don't have one naira on me. I was just seating at that office with all my bags and luggage like i was waiting for one fancy car coming to pick me up.
It around 10pm I was hungry but that was just the least of the problems. One guy,a travels agent who had earlier seen me there,came in and saw the hunger and struggle in my eyes. He cared to ask, so I told him my lifetime experience.He told me not to worry,took me to a private waiting lounge at the airport where some persons were already waiting.On the Ironbar benches there was where I spread my duvet and slept that night.
Next morning,the same dude came and took me to one of the airlines sales rep at the domestic terminal.After discussing with the lady, he told me the lady would fix me on the next flight to Ph,he gave his phone number and left. I thanked the guy a million times even if e no give me one penny I appreciated his efforts.
After waiting for hours not far from this lady,she didn't look at me like someone was waiting on her.They called the next flight to Ph was boarding but she didn't bother to say a word to me.So I went up to her and asked her howfar and why I was waiting on her.Then she told me she was sorry that the flight was fully booked that there were no spare seats. That she told Mr.pero she would help me if there were empty seats remaining.
Saying to myself I really need to call my mum and explain this thing to her so she can relate it to my dad so they can know and find a way to send me some money rather than thinking I was still in Lagos probably because I wanted to flex a little.
your story no complete

1 Like

Re: What's The Weirdest Thing Hunger Made You Do? by hakeemhakeem(m): 6:39pm On Sep 30, 2021
Offpoint1:
Ate eba with palm oil and salt...
Ate fufu with leftover indomie water
Ate raw rice with my neigbour's stew aroma
Trek from Oda Town in Akure to Futa to borrow N500.
Trek from Badadgry to Ajah for 30k job's interview...
If suffering was person, then it's Offpoint.

Life's brutal and those from less privilege homes take the worse share of it.

You don't know what the fxxck life is until you left your parents at teenage age, we ain't there yet but we will fight poverty with the last drop of our blood.
For those who got parental/relatives support and are still eating from their parents... You don't know y'all are lucky bastxxds

Badagry to ajah ahh I pray you shall cruise your personal cars to ply those route very soon

1 Like

Re: What's The Weirdest Thing Hunger Made You Do? by HiideaConsole(m): 7:15pm On Sep 30, 2021
Rice and palm oil

Licked sugar for energy

Slept too, lmao

I'm not proud of this one tho' : I took cornflakes from a junior student who had in abundance and won't share if asked... Told myself I'll tell him or pay him, never did

Used Aroma to get satisfied. Lmao

We're not where we used to be anymore, there's much to still do, we're not where we want to be also
Re: What's The Weirdest Thing Hunger Made You Do? by emysmile: 7:19pm On Sep 30, 2021
grin grin grin
Shellsploit:
I ate a whole guava tree until the tree was naked...

Date: 18-08-2021
grin[quote author=Shellsploit post=106308927]I ate a whole guava tree until the tree was naked...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What's The Weirdest Thing Hunger Made You Do? by Teejaney88(m): 7:22pm On Sep 30, 2021
Back then at school, will cook rice with ONLY Maggi as the ingredient. I used #10 onga to give it that "reddish" colour, I survived on these for weeks...
Re: What's The Weirdest Thing Hunger Made You Do? by FullBlastLight: 7:31pm On Sep 30, 2021
slawormiir:
Damnnn niggar

Grab my weed to read tales..

To be sincere....haven't experience tough hunger though right from birth... not because say na me huzzle pass....or we get money for the family...but every body concentrated their love and care for me.....
As the only niggar among six children.....

Respect to all those who don really suffer

As everybody com dey drop 4 u, instead of u 2 personally develop ur human capacity, na im u com dey smoke weed & following pu**y upandan? Huh?

May d Almighty God deliver dis dude, las las!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What's The Weirdest Thing Hunger Made You Do? by onyenna85000: 7:32pm On Sep 30, 2021
When I did my prescience program at unizik, there came a time I had only 1000# to spend for month. Due to the fact that mango trees were flanking my hostel then. I devised a means to harvest them mangoes to the point I had about 150 pieces of them. Men , I ate mango morning, afternoon and night. I vividly recall not going to toilet for two good weeks ,I thought I would be sick but I survived somehow to Gods Glory.
Now it's a story to be told and am now living large with my wife and kids. I know everyone will tell his or her story one day but I won't allow my kids to tell such story.
Re: What's The Weirdest Thing Hunger Made You Do? by Alfaozeeyah: 7:57pm On Sep 30, 2021
I took the fridge compressor my neighbor changed from his fridge for me to eat. But thank God today I bought a new fridge for the same neighbor.
Re: What's The Weirdest Thing Hunger Made You Do? by Enn214(m): 8:00pm On Sep 30, 2021
cheesy grin hunger fit cause anything
Re: What's The Weirdest Thing Hunger Made You Do? by Federalofficia(m): 8:12pm On Sep 30, 2021
Abeg shay na bybroad you trek go ajah from badagry or you trek on top water ?
Offpoint1:
Ate eba with palm oil and salt...
Ate fufu with leftover indomie water
Ate raw rice with my neigbour's stew aroma
Trek from Oda Town in Akure to Futa to borrow N500.
Trek from Badadgry to Ajah for 30k job's interview...
If suffering was person, then it's Offpoint.

Life's brutal and those from less privilege homes take the worse share of it.

You don't know what the fxxck life is until you left your parents at teenage age, we ain't there yet but we will fight poverty with the last drop of our blood.
For those who got parental/relatives support and are still eating from their parents... You don't know y'all are lucky bastxxds
Re: What's The Weirdest Thing Hunger Made You Do? by kcdendelo: 8:42pm On Sep 30, 2021
I had no money to buy food and i was licking cubes of sugar
Re: What's The Weirdest Thing Hunger Made You Do? by sugarlyn: 8:47pm On Sep 30, 2021
Hunger made me eat fresh peppers and salt, then I stepped it down with alot of water.

If you visit me, you will think I just finished eating pepper soup grin.
No matter how hard life turns out to be, "life is sweet".
With God by your side, there must certainly be a way out.
Re: What's The Weirdest Thing Hunger Made You Do? by buzorcharles(m): 9:28pm On Sep 30, 2021
Offpoint1:

Our ancestor trekked from one state to another, people trekked from Libya to Europe

It's generations that trekked not just ppl. Ppl die on the way some continued and most that started the trip never saw the end
Re: What's The Weirdest Thing Hunger Made You Do? by Shellsploit: 9:36pm On Sep 30, 2021
AngelicBeing:
Hian,like seriously, eating a whole guava tree, wetin person no go read for nairaland.com, where is EFCC when you need them, get Shellsploit arrested and jailed for 300 years for guava and vegetation cruelly shocked

grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: What's The Weirdest Thing Hunger Made You Do? by Kingjabon: 10:01pm On Sep 30, 2021
man is currently experiencing correct hunger right now in the hostel. Funniest part i don't even know how to make money legally and na 2k be my food money from house. As a matter of fact, the 2k no dey pass 4days. Everybody for here dey do Yahoo but i can not just see myself doing that,Like this LIFE don tire me walai.
if u can help me with anything,my acc number is 0234700344,GT Bank
Re: What's The Weirdest Thing Hunger Made You Do? by lordally(m): 10:04pm On Sep 30, 2021
SonofGod231:

So last last na still Mumsy and Popsy been come through for you!!! Omo ehhh God bless them abeg
Re: What's The Weirdest Thing Hunger Made You Do? by maik99(m): 11:27pm On Sep 30, 2021
saddler:
undecided

Mix cooked rice and stew with raw garri ...

It was delicious and now i crave it even when i have other foods to eat

which kain waste be this? you had rice and stew, why add the garri?
Re: What's The Weirdest Thing Hunger Made You Do? by macho44(m): 11:34pm On Sep 30, 2021
lordally:

Guy you don off me!! grin grin cheesy cheesy
grin
Re: What's The Weirdest Thing Hunger Made You Do? by MightyHand(m): 12:49am On Oct 01, 2021
I was broke with zero foodstuff, went to the garden pluck pawpaw ate in the morning, afternoon and also for dinner. My waste the following morning ehn, It was a terrible situation then sha..
Re: What's The Weirdest Thing Hunger Made You Do? by favelli(m): 4:31am On Oct 01, 2021
YoungLionken:
Never been in such mental position, if so, I woulda teamed up with people on agriculture...

How would you have done that? I mean starvation sets in I know one becomes more creative in his thinking. But team up with people in agriculture? What would you offer them in other to get food when your broke to the teeth

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Expect 50% Increase In Prices Of Bread - Bakers Tell Nigerians / My Posh Food Thread ❤ / Beware Of Reddish Palm Oil, NAFDAC Warns Nigerians

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.