Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,791 members, 7,824,289 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 07:27 AM

Nigeria At 61: Colonial Masters Plundered Our Resources – Abdulsalami Abubakar - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria At 61: Colonial Masters Plundered Our Resources – Abdulsalami Abubakar (17073 Views)

Wike Receives Osinbajo, Abdulsalami Abubakar In Rivers (Photos) / "I Am Glad The PDP Is Going To Court” – Abdulsalami Abubakar / Buhari, Jonathan, Shonekan, Obasanjo, Abdulsalami Abubakar Meet In Aso Rock (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria At 61: Colonial Masters Plundered Our Resources – Abdulsalami Abubakar by Linusjnr(m): 12:59pm On Oct 01, 2021
That's how me too I'll tell my children "I grew up in a generation you and your evil colleagues siphoned our oil money for yourself and your unborn generation"... Always shifting blames.... Spits sad
Re: Nigeria At 61: Colonial Masters Plundered Our Resources – Abdulsalami Abubakar by BigBashiru: 12:59pm On Oct 01, 2021
duro4chang:
Always blaming others. You are all failure.

1 year ago, I would have said what you said but today I don't agree. Colonization is evil. And we are still recovering. The colonized Canadian natives are still suffering till this day.
Re: Nigeria At 61: Colonial Masters Plundered Our Resources – Abdulsalami Abubakar by GEEBITE: 1:00pm On Oct 01, 2021
You have to insult to pass the message which is full.of inaccurate facts . University of Ibadan was founded in 1949.The first electricity company in Nigeria was established in 1929 and in fact the present NEPA (ECN). was founded in 1951.My hometown in Oyo state was electrified in the late 1930s.

The colonial masters did a better job with the resources they had than this kleptomaniac Abdussalami who looted billions of dollars in just 9months . Obasanjo kept quiet on this for the sake of tranquility and went after Abacha's loot.
Reflect7:

SHUT UP. HE IS SAYING THE TRUTH. Oyinbo asss licker.

The British ruled for 80 years, exporting our resources, and at the end we did not have a single power plant or university or expressway or industry.

Kainji dam was our first power plant, commissioned by the Balewa administration in 1964.

Prior to that the British merely imported a few industrial generators to power the GRAs they were living in, while the rest of Nigeria used lanterns and candles.

Nigeria was a near total bush in 1960 at independence with mass illiteracy and malnutrition.

What did your 'perfect white man' do with the trillions he made from our exports in 80 years?

You are VERY LUCKY we gained independence in 1960 which led to mass education investment by the black govts.

Or else by now you would be hunting cockroaches and tapping palm wine in the bush like your illiterate grandpa did under colonial rule.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria At 61: Colonial Masters Plundered Our Resources – Abdulsalami Abubakar by BigBashiru: 1:00pm On Oct 01, 2021
Linusjnr:
That's how me too I'll tell my children "I grew up in a generation you and your evil colleagues siphoned our oil money for yourself and your unborn generation"... Always shifting blames.... Spits sad

A lot of African States were colonized and are still either being colonized or seriously interfered with up until this day such as Mali.
Re: Nigeria At 61: Colonial Masters Plundered Our Resources – Abdulsalami Abubakar by SeanBeezy(m): 1:01pm On Oct 01, 2021
The LITTLE one that was left, how did y'all manage it?
Re: Nigeria At 61: Colonial Masters Plundered Our Resources – Abdulsalami Abubakar by ddeola: 1:01pm On Oct 01, 2021
And una sef plunder Naija treasury. undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided
Re: Nigeria At 61: Colonial Masters Plundered Our Resources – Abdulsalami Abubakar by kudinkarfe: 1:02pm On Oct 01, 2021
“My generation grew up under the military rule and we were told how our Abdulsalam Abubakar siphoned our treasury (Abatcha loot). That is how they continue deceiving their followers with blame game, they will never accept responsibility of failing Nigerians. Continue.
Re: Nigeria At 61: Colonial Masters Plundered Our Resources – Abdulsalami Abubakar by Linusjnr(m): 1:03pm On Oct 01, 2021
Then why struggling for independence when we can't fully have it?

BigBashiru:

A lot of African States were colonized and are still either being colonized or seriously interfered with up until this day such as Mali.
Re: Nigeria At 61: Colonial Masters Plundered Our Resources – Abdulsalami Abubakar by Evercurious(f): 1:05pm On Oct 01, 2021
Lovenorth:

Ipob terrorists' spokesperson

Boko haram alias Gumi association of Bandits and terrorists secretary/ treasurer.. DOPEMU
Re: Nigeria At 61: Colonial Masters Plundered Our Resources – Abdulsalami Abubakar by Linusjnr(m): 1:06pm On Oct 01, 2021
Nigeria is just 61 for God sake.. USA is 200+
ken6488:
Rest

USA
Australia
Canada

Where all colonised
Re: Nigeria At 61: Colonial Masters Plundered Our Resources – Abdulsalami Abubakar by duro4chang(m): 1:06pm On Oct 01, 2021
BigBashiru:

1 year ago, I would have said what you said but today I don't agree. Colonization is evil. And we are still recovering. The colonized Canadian natives are still suffering till this day.
You forgot to tell us these people have stolen and still stealing. America and canada were also colonised like your country. These people have no idea but to steal and begin to blame others.
Re: Nigeria At 61: Colonial Masters Plundered Our Resources – Abdulsalami Abubakar by takimsipho(m): 1:07pm On Oct 01, 2021
Reflect7:

The British ruled for 80 years, exporting our resources, and at the end we did not have a single power plant or university or expressway or industry.

Kainji dam was our first power plant, commissioned by the Balewa administration in 1964.

Prior to that the British merely imported a few industrial generators to power the GRAs they were living in, while the rest of Nigeria used lanterns and candles.

Nigeria was a near total bush in 1960 at independence with mass illiteracy and malnutrition.

What did your 'perfect white man' do with the trillions he made from our exports in 80 years?

You are VERY LUCKY we gained independence in 1960 which led to mass education investment by the black govts.

Or else by now you would be hunting cockroaches and tapping palm wine in the bush like your illiterate grandpa did under colonial rule.

it's you that should shut up. I grew up reading about the fight for independence from colonial rule and all the glorification of the resistance movement. But became disappointed as I realised they just inherited the colonialist exploitative methods. 61 years of independence and you still want to blame white people, it is estimated that Abacha only, looted about 15 billion USD as of the 90s exchange. From 1960 till now about over 500 billion USD has been stolen from public Treasury in this country. Na oyibo do am? It's africans like you and I. Paul Biya has been president of Cameroon for over 30 years, Mugabe had to be forced out, more than half of those people who fought for independence ended up becoming despots and authoritarian. Abeg me I have mature pass that one. They said the palm oil seeds Malaysia got to start their own oil palm production was gotten from this country, can we compete with them today?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria At 61: Colonial Masters Plundered Our Resources – Abdulsalami Abubakar by membranus: 1:09pm On Oct 01, 2021
ofiko123:
May God help this country called Nigeria.. Nigeria will definitely be great again I am too sure about that..

Dream on; you have a right to it.
Re: Nigeria At 61: Colonial Masters Plundered Our Resources – Abdulsalami Abubakar by janetakan(f): 1:10pm On Oct 01, 2021
This man needs to shut up!
Re: Nigeria At 61: Colonial Masters Plundered Our Resources – Abdulsalami Abubakar by mandax: 1:11pm On Oct 01, 2021
Reflect7:

What colonial masters got from Nigeria after independence till today, is a million times more than what the colonial masters got from Nigeria before independence.
Colonial masters control Nigeria’s oil and gas deposits through handing political supremacy in Nigeria to Nigeria’s Arewa north.

You need to borrow sense.

Re: Nigeria At 61: Colonial Masters Plundered Our Resources – Abdulsalami Abubakar by Angelfrost(m): 1:11pm On Oct 01, 2021
BigBashiru:

You are lying and living in self deceit...

Indeed, colonization is a huge evil... But, what can be more evil than Africans stealing and plundering their own resources at the very detriment of generations unborn??!

Learn to take responsibility for your life.... This blame game will take you no where fast!
Re: Nigeria At 61: Colonial Masters Plundered Our Resources – Abdulsalami Abubakar by BabaO2: 1:12pm On Oct 01, 2021
Was it colonial masters that awarded udoji allowance claiming nigeria problem was not money but how to spend the money?
Was it colonial masters that borrowed IMF money?
Colonial masters only augmented the incapability of the north by handling over power to them for them to still be in charge of Nigeria by proxy
Re: Nigeria At 61: Colonial Masters Plundered Our Resources – Abdulsalami Abubakar by duro4chang(m): 1:13pm On Oct 01, 2021
Reflect7:

No wonder your father and mother are begging for alms.
Re: Nigeria At 61: Colonial Masters Plundered Our Resources – Abdulsalami Abubakar by BigBashiru: 1:20pm On Oct 01, 2021
Angelfrost:

You are lying and living in self deceit...

Indeed, colonization is a huge evil... But, what can be more evil than Africans stealing and plundering their own resources at the very detriment of generations unborn??!

Learn to take responsibility for your life.... This blame game will take you no where fast!

has it ever occurred to you that those African leaders plundering Africans resources might be doing so under western duress? this is what is happening in francophone Africa today. any leader that doesn't agree to steal resources and send to France is either removed or harmed.
Re: Nigeria At 61: Colonial Masters Plundered Our Resources – Abdulsalami Abubakar by Nobody: 1:20pm On Oct 01, 2021
Shut up ya mouth! Greedy lots..

Our fathers were just greedy and despirate to run a country they can't manage!!

Yes the consequences now..
Re: Nigeria At 61: Colonial Masters Plundered Our Resources – Abdulsalami Abubakar by Illshef(m): 1:21pm On Oct 01, 2021
hmmm...
Re: Nigeria At 61: Colonial Masters Plundered Our Resources – Abdulsalami Abubakar by BigBashiru: 1:21pm On Oct 01, 2021
duro4chang:
You forgot to tell us these people have stolen and still stealing. America and canada were also colonised like your country. These people have no idea but to steal and begin to blame others.

the Canadian natives (metis, inuit, aborigines, cree, Mohawks, etc are still suffering till this day as their land was taken from them by the British.
Re: Nigeria At 61: Colonial Masters Plundered Our Resources – Abdulsalami Abubakar by Nobody: 1:23pm On Oct 01, 2021
Reflect7:

I would prefer the British rule to continue!! Things would have been better!! Our early nationalist were just greedy and despirate to run a country they can't manage! Imagine up til now, it takes decades to construct just a road in this con3... Shame
Re: Nigeria At 61: Colonial Masters Plundered Our Resources – Abdulsalami Abubakar by zombieHUNTER: 1:23pm On Oct 01, 2021
Reflect7:

If Nigeria got her Independence same as South Africa.. we would have been a top notch country..

We got it too early.. and the military took over
Re: Nigeria At 61: Colonial Masters Plundered Our Resources – Abdulsalami Abubakar by FallenShitHole: 1:24pm On Oct 01, 2021
Reflect7:

HE MEANT TO SAY FOREIGN FULANIS FROM FUTA JALON AND AIDED BY THE BRITISH, PLUNDERED BIAFRAN'S RESOURCES.
Re: Nigeria At 61: Colonial Masters Plundered Our Resources – Abdulsalami Abubakar by Gamesmart: 1:24pm On Oct 01, 2021
Reflect7:

Mentally-ill man, so what education did your black govts give before white man came?

What development did they establish?

Were your dumb ancestors not hunting cockroaches and tapping palm wine in the bush before the Whites?
Re: Nigeria At 61: Colonial Masters Plundered Our Resources – Abdulsalami Abubakar by Angelfrost(m): 1:24pm On Oct 01, 2021
BigBashiru:

has it ever occurred to you that those African leaders plundering Africans resources might be doing so under western duress? this is what is happening in francophone Africa today. any leader that doesn't agree to steal resources and send to France is either removed or harmed.

You are too negative and limited in your thinking... You need to change this mentality. I mean this with all due respect.

Leadership can never be denied! Leadership, true leadership births a nation that can never bow to external forces! Do some research please.

Quit making excuses for the lack of leadership quality of your failed elders! They failed not because their hands were tied, but because their consciences were corrupted by greed and lack of patriotism!!! SIMPLE!!!

Note: I don't deny the presence of external influences all round, but when you see leaders with vision, nothing will hold them back!!!
Re: Nigeria At 61: Colonial Masters Plundered Our Resources – Abdulsalami Abubakar by mamaafrik(m): 1:25pm On Oct 01, 2021
Reflect7:

you are not intelligent ,he get any country wey oyinbo never reach,even USA,but how come Nigeria own different.
We are silly to keep buying blames every now and then.
It is why we fail
Re: Nigeria At 61: Colonial Masters Plundered Our Resources – Abdulsalami Abubakar by Nobody: 1:27pm On Oct 01, 2021
Useless talk!!

South Africa, Kenya, Ghana and other seemingly British colonized countries around the world are at least stable. Why is Nigeria so different Extended white rule in Nigeria, would have been better

This con3 needs massive structural reforms.. .
Re: Nigeria At 61: Colonial Masters Plundered Our Resources – Abdulsalami Abubakar by ofiko123(m): 1:27pm On Oct 01, 2021
membranus:

Dream on; you have a right to it.

Yeah I have a right to.
Re: Nigeria At 61: Colonial Masters Plundered Our Resources – Abdulsalami Abubakar by Fash20: 1:27pm On Oct 01, 2021
And you did your too mofo
Re: Nigeria At 61: Colonial Masters Plundered Our Resources – Abdulsalami Abubakar by CXLVII: 1:28pm On Oct 01, 2021
At 61, still blaming colonial masters

Smh.....

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Get Ready To Pack Out Of Imo Government House - Sen. Sam Anyanwu Fires Uzodinma / Most Wanted Kidnapper In Delta State Is A PhD Holder — Commissioner Of Police / Nigeria’s Population Explosion Is Frightening - Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.