Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,225 members, 7,829,377 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 05:42 AM

"Virginity Doesn't Guarantee A Successful Marriage" Is A Statement Of Stupidity - Family (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / "Virginity Doesn't Guarantee A Successful Marriage" Is A Statement Of Stupidity (28290 Views)

It Takes Stupidity To Remain Married - Nigerian Man Married For 38 Years (Video) / Virginity Doesn't Guarantee A Stable Marriage (a Must Read for young ladies) / Is This What Being A Supportive Husband Means Or Just Plain Stupidity? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "Virginity Doesn't Guarantee A Successful Marriage" Is A Statement Of Stupidity by Gfskw: 6:02pm On Oct 03, 2021
Your opinion
Re: "Virginity Doesn't Guarantee A Successful Marriage" Is A Statement Of Stupidity by henrybomb(m): 6:02pm On Oct 03, 2021
AfroKnight:
Any guy who allows virginity alone to sway his choice of a wife, is playing Russian roulette with his future. Look beyond the virginity. Open your eyes.

Virginity is a good sign but it can also be a mask.
Finally someone is talking from perspective
Some people here are not open minded so they actually see my suggestions or opinion as a blind argument.

2 Likes

Re: "Virginity Doesn't Guarantee A Successful Marriage" Is A Statement Of Stupidity by whitebeard(m): 6:04pm On Oct 03, 2021
OP na your own you they talk sha..! Keep ur opinion to ur self..!

1 Like

Re: "Virginity Doesn't Guarantee A Successful Marriage" Is A Statement Of Stupidity by henrybomb(m): 6:06pm On Oct 03, 2021
deltateam:

Shut up.
Una too get wahala
Blood pressure is real put yourself together

1 Like

Re: "Virginity Doesn't Guarantee A Successful Marriage" Is A Statement Of Stupidity by Elporo(m): 6:06pm On Oct 03, 2021
Tourist123:
reminds me of my Virgin ex those days. We were in a serious relationship and planned in getting married, because I was sure she would be my wife, I decided to devirgin her. Omo na so this girl begin knack her next door neighbor o. When I discovered I asked her why? She said she wanted to know what it feels like to do it with other ppl. Lol Imagine we had gotten married.
Marriage is a big deal and anybody that prioritizes Virginity over Love, good moral conduct and SENSE is heading for doom

Ha Ha .. the manufacturer calls it a defective product wink
Re: "Virginity Doesn't Guarantee A Successful Marriage" Is A Statement Of Stupidity by kevoh(m): 6:07pm On Oct 03, 2021
Elporo:

Senior man, I beg to differ. With due respect; let us make a conscious decision to educate each other about the risk or reward which follows a decision/investment or task.

Yes, you can marry a virgin or non-virgin - that is fine. But, let no man stand up to tell his counterpart that there is no difference btw a virgin and a non-virgin.

That a man should consider other things, that a man should be concerned about other things. Yes, other things are important - but are they all as equally important.
The difference between virgin and non virgin ends on the first day of marriage. It becomes useless as P in psychology. You are not going to use your virginity or non-virginity to take care of the myriad of responsibilities that come with marriage and family life.

2 Likes

Re: "Virginity Doesn't Guarantee A Successful Marriage" Is A Statement Of Stupidity by Topman0001(m): 6:12pm On Oct 03, 2021
I'm happy that the point you're trying to make is an opinion and not an affirmatory confirmation.

If our opinions are different, it doesn't mean I'm wrong or you're right, it just means we're different.
Judging from the angle of psychology, I can detect or guess our differences

1) I'm married and you're single
2) I'm older; you're younger
3) I'm experienced; you're inexperienced
4) I've dated both the virgin and non-virgin but probably you've not
5) I'm viewing from the perspective or reality; you view from angle of religion

Do you now see why your opinion does not justify the truth.
Re: "Virginity Doesn't Guarantee A Successful Marriage" Is A Statement Of Stupidity by Nobody: 6:14pm On Oct 03, 2021
Elporo:

I no believe say girls they kpansh from early age like that. Me dey think sey them go first reach like 18 or 20 before the thing start.
guy,are you for real. As early as 12,13 they're already into it
Re: "Virginity Doesn't Guarantee A Successful Marriage" Is A Statement Of Stupidity by Nobody: 6:16pm On Oct 03, 2021
Crystyano:

I as an inventless black negroe..I am a disgrace to humanity

Fixed.

1 Like

Re: "Virginity Doesn't Guarantee A Successful Marriage" Is A Statement Of Stupidity by betwo: 6:21pm On Oct 03, 2021
henrybomb:
So if you were to choose between a virgin with bad and annoying character or a non virgin with a calm and amazing character which will you choose?
this question is bias
Re: "Virginity Doesn't Guarantee A Successful Marriage" Is A Statement Of Stupidity by Elporo(m): 6:21pm On Oct 03, 2021
kevoh:

The difference between virgin and non virgin ends on the first day of marriage. It becomes useless as P in psychology. You are not going to use your virginity or non-virginity to take care of the myriad of responsibilities that come with marriage and family life.

Hypothetically speaking:

I buy a brand new Toyota.
You buy a fairly used Toyota.

Would you consider your Toyota and mine in similar shape?
Would the insurance company give you the same deal, I get?

Please answer ooh. Is a brand new Toyota the same as a fairly used Toyota; once the cellophane has been torn of the brand new Toyota?
Re: "Virginity Doesn't Guarantee A Successful Marriage" Is A Statement Of Stupidity by Godwin25king: 6:21pm On Oct 03, 2021
jmoore:
So you had a bath, got dressed, sprayed perfume and walked out of the hostel to head to the class for lectures.

Then you meet someone dressed in rags with the most offensive smell ever. He says to you "being clean is not a guarantee for a successful graduate".

That marks are not given for being clean doesn't mean you should be a dirty pig. You being clean is for your own good, it's healthy to be clean.
Is being dirty a guarantee to be a successful graduate?

Now, you can see where I am heading to. Being a virgin till marriage is a healthy lifestyle. Borehole doesn't guarantee anything. Therefore, let virgins be free to virgins.

I love your beautiful illustration wink
Re: "Virginity Doesn't Guarantee A Successful Marriage" Is A Statement Of Stupidity by Figger(m): 6:21pm On Oct 03, 2021
Only virgins deserves a bride price. E no easy abeg.
Re: "Virginity Doesn't Guarantee A Successful Marriage" Is A Statement Of Stupidity by eneyoduke(m): 6:22pm On Oct 03, 2021
Connected but no Internet
Re: "Virginity Doesn't Guarantee A Successful Marriage" Is A Statement Of Stupidity by JovialJune(f): 6:22pm On Oct 03, 2021
[s]
advanceDNA:

Guilt-trip you?? Babe..the only reason I said u are responding with emotions is bwcos u ignore context and start finding gender wars,
If you are not responding with emotions why are u all over this thread claiming the a virgin won't be a virgin for ever..??
Claiming some people don't have right to have an opinion because they are not virgins??

...u sound like u are pained cos u are probably not a virgin....

Look I've told u before and I'll tell u again..i don't attack you or women ..I told someone there is nothing nice about men and women having over 20 body counts before marriage ..it's fvcimg irritating..

I'm a fan of discipline....I'm not perfect in all areas...but jumping from one pvssy to another is not one of vices
[/s]

2 Likes

Re: "Virginity Doesn't Guarantee A Successful Marriage" Is A Statement Of Stupidity by Skillsnigeria: 6:23pm On Oct 03, 2021
I so much love virgin ladies
Re: "Virginity Doesn't Guarantee A Successful Marriage" Is A Statement Of Stupidity by JovialJune(f): 6:24pm On Oct 03, 2021
Elporo:

Hypothetically speaking:

Please answer ooh. Is a brand new Toyota the same as a fairly used Toyota; once the cellophane has been torn of the brand new Toyota?

Don't be daft, is being a virgin equal to the myriad responsibilities faced in marriage?

3 Likes

Re: "Virginity Doesn't Guarantee A Successful Marriage" Is A Statement Of Stupidity by JovialJune(f): 6:27pm On Oct 03, 2021
jmoore:

And being married means automatic wisdom?
Is the topic about perfection?

You came up with ridiculous analogies that I crushed, hence you are trying to divert away from the crux of the matter.

So what is the crux of the matter? Explain to us, you keep bringing up stupid illustrations describing virgins from non virgins, not once did you explain how being a virgin guarantee successful marriage, so tell us how.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Virginity Doesn't Guarantee A Successful Marriage" Is A Statement Of Stupidity by advanceDNA: 6:32pm On Oct 03, 2021
JovialJune:
[s][/s]

Lol
Re: "Virginity Doesn't Guarantee A Successful Marriage" Is A Statement Of Stupidity by JovialJune(f): 6:32pm On Oct 03, 2021
Ikpunwanyianamb:

You are empty headed chicken brain grin cheesy cheesy which one is will her virginity remain forever ? Like a kindergarten question and you expect me to come down to your level to answer that,lol

I want you guys to know how daft you are na, in all of your heads, and as Op said, virginity guarantee successful marriage, so once she becomes loose, will the marriage fail? Or will she remain a virgin so that marriage will be successful?

3 Likes

Re: "Virginity Doesn't Guarantee A Successful Marriage" Is A Statement Of Stupidity by Nobody: 6:32pm On Oct 03, 2021
chival:
Virginity is a virtue no doubt and young ladies should strive to go to their marriage beds with their virginity still intact. However, the truth is that virginity alone will not guarantee a successful marriage. I have been married for almost 13 years and I know marriage takes a lot of work and sacrifice on BOTH sides.
This guy is 100% in agreement. Excellent write up.

2 Likes

Re: "Virginity Doesn't Guarantee A Successful Marriage" Is A Statement Of Stupidity by Elporo(m): 6:35pm On Oct 03, 2021
JovialJune:

Don't be daft, is being a virgin equal to the myriad responsibilities faced in marriage?

Responsibilities like paternity fraud?

Do you suppose a virgin wife cannot run home?
Re: "Virginity Doesn't Guarantee A Successful Marriage" Is A Statement Of Stupidity by JovialJune(f): 6:38pm On Oct 03, 2021
Elporo:

Responsibilities like paternity fraud?

Do you suppose a virgin wife cannot run home?

Smh, let me down to your level,

Paternity fraud of other children apart from the first?

Do you suppose a non virgin cannot run a home?

3 Likes

Re: "Virginity Doesn't Guarantee A Successful Marriage" Is A Statement Of Stupidity by Carot: 6:39pm On Oct 03, 2021
JovialJune:

And any man in this corrupt world, that didn't keep his manhood for his wife, is an average, rotten, overused, smelly man.
a man is supposed to be experienced prior to marriage
Re: "Virginity Doesn't Guarantee A Successful Marriage" Is A Statement Of Stupidity by LegalWolf: 6:40pm On Oct 03, 2021
jmoore:
So you had a bath, got dressed, sprayed perfume and walked out of the hostel to head to the class for lectures.

Then you meet someone dressed in rags with the most offensive smell ever. He says to you "being clean is not a guarantee for a successful graduate".

That marks are not given for being clean doesn't mean you should be a dirty pig. You being clean is for your own good, it's healthy to be clean.

Now, you can see where I am heading to. Being a virgin till marriage is a healthy lifestyle. Borehole doesn't guarantee anything. Therefore, let virgins be free to virgins.

Your analogy is bereft of any logic. In fact, you failed to prove anything with the gibberish you typed. You can go smell nice to class, attend all lectures and fail woefully. On the other hand, you may smell terribly and pass exams wonderfully well. Passing is not a function of how you attend classes or what you wear for lectures, but your ability to give the examiner what he wants. Similarly, successful marriage is a function of how partners understand each other and their commitment NOT one dumb useless criteria such as virginity.

Go learn how to construct argument and stop spilling rubbish on Nairaland

4 Likes

Re: "Virginity Doesn't Guarantee A Successful Marriage" Is A Statement Of Stupidity by kevoh(m): 6:41pm On Oct 03, 2021
Elporo:

Hypothetically speaking:

Your Toyota analogy is puerile! A wife is not an object but a human being. You have failed to see that there's variety and diversity in marriage.

Some like virgins, some don't give a damn. Some like short women, others tall women, some don't care. Some like breasts, others don't care. Some handsome men get married to ugly women, while others insist on pretty ladies. Do you see where I'm driving at now?

These things don't matter when financial issues or other unforseen problems start crippling in and you're incapable of handling them. Woe betide you, if your wife is a foul mouthed virgin! She will insult the hell out of your life. Or you have a dirty virgin that can not do basic house keeping or cooking or get the kids ready on time for school. The ones that will bring family baggage to your house etc. Same logic applies to a non virgin that is incapable! By that time, looking for the approval of insurance company will evaporate!

I want to believe you are not (yet) married, which is why you have formed such opinion.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Virginity Doesn't Guarantee A Successful Marriage" Is A Statement Of Stupidity by franzis(m): 6:42pm On Oct 03, 2021
Most self acclaimed virgins have done everything sex ( sucked dick , received head , anal , BDSM and more ) related except vaginal penetration

1 Like

Re: "Virginity Doesn't Guarantee A Successful Marriage" Is A Statement Of Stupidity by lawkenoz(m): 6:42pm On Oct 03, 2021
derecho:
Funny but I agree that a virgin can turn a prostitute. Like I always say
Every prostitute was once a virgin...
However, a virgin need not be a prostitute.

It's not about being 5mins or 3secs man, it's what is preferable.
No responsible man would want his wife to be warming another man's bed.
Satisfaction is relative...there are women who are addicted to sex so forget satisfaction for those ones.Sex is a thing of the mind.
But since we are not here for sex education, let's address the issue.

The issue is a reaction to a statement that being a virgin doesn't guarantee a successful marriage.
This seeks to find out one thing amongst others: does virginity before marriage matter? Or how does it affect marriage positively?

Wisdom, I believe is better than strength (since you mentioned weakness).
You don't go all out to hire a thief because you are financially strong. Though, anyone could become a thief, no wise employer would employ a thief when you have someone with a similar qualifications and no bad record of theft.
A wise man sees trouble afar off and hides himself but a fool rages on and is destroyed.

God designed sex to be explored in marriage AND HE IS WISER THAN ANYONE.
Sexual defilement and wrong exposure to sex has its consequences.

Why choose to fetch water with a basket instead of an good bucket?
Even if you are "capable" and can go a hundred times, it's wisdom to conserve your strength and use it for other profitable ventures.

My brother all you said is also true, but remember not everyone shares your religious belief system, that a woman is not a virgin doesn't also make her a prostitute.

Does virginity matter in marriage? The answer is dependent on what people value. If it's what you value for your marriage above all else then yes! Some men don't attach value to it, they will look at compatibility of both virgin and non virgin women in terms of what they have to offer and bring to the table. Only when that criteria evens out between both women will virginity be the deal breaker. If the non virgin woman exceeds the other in all other criteria any sensible man will pick that option and vice versa without recourse to who is a virgin or not.

Unless your trying to say all non virgins who married cheat on thier spouses then I don't know what to tell you. Comparison of a thief and a non virgin woman just doesn't cut it. No married woman will remain a virgin, there's no guarantee that you marry a virgin and she won't cheat tomorrow, women's minds work differently from men.

So if it's about the OPs statement, virginity isn't the sole determinant of a successful marriage. There are marriages where women married as virgin turn olosho.... isn't that a conclusive answer to the question?

2 Likes

Re: "Virginity Doesn't Guarantee A Successful Marriage" Is A Statement Of Stupidity by Indispensable85(m): 6:43pm On Oct 03, 2021
jmoore:

Your write up is pedestrian and empty.

1 Like

Re: "Virginity Doesn't Guarantee A Successful Marriage" Is A Statement Of Stupidity by JovialJune(f): 6:44pm On Oct 03, 2021
Chukwudiajibo:
Virginity has a strong connection from the kingdom of God, That is why God sent his son Jesus into this world through a virgin, that shows that virginity is a sacred, any woman who married as a virgin have obtain favour from the lord, she will automatically inherit the kingdom of God.

Automatically? So if a virgin is a liar, a thief, a murderer, all these sins will be overlooked because she is a virgin? It is either you are a prophet of doom, or you reason from your anus, a born again christian inclined in christ will not say these.

3 Likes

Re: "Virginity Doesn't Guarantee A Successful Marriage" Is A Statement Of Stupidity by JovialJune(f): 6:45pm On Oct 03, 2021
Carot:
a man is supposed to be experienced prior to marriage

Says who?

3 Likes

Re: "Virginity Doesn't Guarantee A Successful Marriage" Is A Statement Of Stupidity by Indispensable85(m): 6:46pm On Oct 03, 2021
brodalikeme:

I find it unthinkable that someone would suggest that a single aspect of an item can make it perfect when other parts are not right. This is laughable!
I bet you’re not married yet.
Forget the context of this discussion, think about life in general. Perfection, peace excellence etc. are a sum total of different things.

THIS IS BOT AN ATTACK ON VIRGINITY PLEASE!!!

Na small pikin dey worry am.
He's obviously not married.
He knows nothing about marriage.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (19) (Reply)

Why I Do Not Want To Have Babies After Two Years Of Marriage - Lady Reveals / 6 Hilarious Ways Nigerian Mothers Make Conversation With Children / How Many Chances Do You Give Before You Cut Someone Off?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.