Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,490 members, 7,819,785 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:17 PM

The Moon Is Leaving Us: The Earth And Moon Are Drifting Apart - Scientists (Pix) - Science/Technology (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / The Moon Is Leaving Us: The Earth And Moon Are Drifting Apart - Scientists (Pix) (58963 Views)

Moon Is Shrinking, And Researchers Reveal Reasons / NASA Announces It Has Found Water On The Moon For The First Time (Photos) / Earth Blamed For Sudden Rusting Of The Moon That Has Baffled Scientists (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Moon Is Leaving Us: The Earth And Moon Are Drifting Apart - Scientists (Pix) by Jamesbiodun(m): 8:19am On Oct 03, 2021
Funny grin
Re: The Moon Is Leaving Us: The Earth And Moon Are Drifting Apart - Scientists (Pix) by tonididdy(m): 8:19am On Oct 03, 2021
Workch:
The moon is not a light, the moon reflects the light from the sun in the night. Sun is the only source of light in our solar system

Excuse me... You don't expect me to break it down for you like a kid, of course I know that. undecided

The battery is not the light @night but the bulbs are. How the battery is the most important, nobody cares.
Re: The Moon Is Leaving Us: The Earth And Moon Are Drifting Apart - Scientists (Pix) by Glycolite: 8:20am On Oct 03, 2021
dazzlingd:
I knew daft people will come to ruin this thread, I suggest a simple IQ test should be conducted for people to comment on science related threads.

Seun, create a simple IQ test, and anyone that does not pass minimum requirement should be disallowed from commenting on science related threads.

Majority are daft in this part of the world, fools are irritating

You all that claims high IQ are the lowest of low in the intelligency spectrum.
You're all doing this to put up bs facade of intelligency,when you're not sh*t!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Moon Is Leaving Us: The Earth And Moon Are Drifting Apart - Scientists (Pix) by Workch: 8:20am On Oct 03, 2021
tonididdy:

Excuse me... You don't expect me to break it down for you like a kid, of course I know that. undecided

The battery is not the light @night but the bulbs are. How the battery is the most important, nobody cares.
oh ok
Re: The Moon Is Leaving Us: The Earth And Moon Are Drifting Apart - Scientists (Pix) by Workch: 8:21am On Oct 03, 2021
dazzlingd:
I knew daft people will come to ruin this thread, I suggest a simple IQ test should be conducted for people to comment on science related threads.

Seun, create a simple IQ test, and anyone that does not pass minimum requirement should be disallowed from commenting on science related threads.

I swear, it’s needed. Some people already think it’s a lie because they have poor science background

2 Likes

Re: The Moon Is Leaving Us: The Earth And Moon Are Drifting Apart - Scientists (Pix) by Kajaard: 8:21am On Oct 03, 2021
dazzlingd:

cheesy grin cheesy

2 Likes

Re: The Moon Is Leaving Us: The Earth And Moon Are Drifting Apart - Scientists (Pix) by Oju4190: 8:22am On Oct 03, 2021
Why is it that earthquake doesn't occur in Nigeria........Upon all the drilling that is taking place.....I would have love to experience one in my lifetime

1 Like

Re: The Moon Is Leaving Us: The Earth And Moon Are Drifting Apart - Scientists (Pix) by Glycolite: 8:22am On Oct 03, 2021
Workch:
Because I understand basic science, I did and understood basic physics and geography in school. Hence I was able to fathom that the moon is responsible for the ocean tides and the force generated from this interaction creates a kinetic energy for the moon in the opposite direction.

It didn’t just stop there, there are thousands of experiments to demonstrate this and show the evidence.

Please,can you bring forward one of those verifiable experiments ?
Re: The Moon Is Leaving Us: The Earth And Moon Are Drifting Apart - Scientists (Pix) by chyzoo4u(m): 8:22am On Oct 03, 2021
dazzlingd:

I was waiting to read your insightful scientific contribution after condemning "daft people," I was disappointed after all.

Anyways, I have nothing to contribute too.

1 Like

Re: The Moon Is Leaving Us: The Earth And Moon Are Drifting Apart - Scientists (Pix) by Djyucee1(m): 8:22am On Oct 03, 2021
Social distancing
Re: The Moon Is Leaving Us: The Earth And Moon Are Drifting Apart - Scientists (Pix) by Ever8090: 8:23am On Oct 03, 2021
dynicks:
Bros abeg which site you dey use make your analysis?
I no dey use any site, na oluwa..if to say I be d type wey dey stake big, today bet9ja for find where them go borrow money pay me� but I dey play responsibly
Re: The Moon Is Leaving Us: The Earth And Moon Are Drifting Apart - Scientists (Pix) by notoriousbabe: 8:23am On Oct 03, 2021
Oju4190:
How will the moon not move away from us...... When the atrocities of world is so much
them tell you sey dem no dey fok, kidnap, rob or fornicate inside moon? Sidon there!

1 Like

Re: The Moon Is Leaving Us: The Earth And Moon Are Drifting Apart - Scientists (Pix) by Jhagz(m): 8:24am On Oct 03, 2021
Wetin concern me I go don already die by then….Na my children and grandchildren wahala grin
Re: The Moon Is Leaving Us: The Earth And Moon Are Drifting Apart - Scientists (Pix) by Raalsalghul: 8:24am On Oct 03, 2021
MaxieMan:
grin
Just an inch is nothing to worry about na. Oyibo people self.

Allow the moon to do it's thing.

You have to understand that there might be far reaching ramifications with such movement.

1 Like

Re: The Moon Is Leaving Us: The Earth And Moon Are Drifting Apart - Scientists (Pix) by Workch: 8:24am On Oct 03, 2021
Glycolite:

Please,can you bring forward one of those verifiable experiments ?

Laser ranging measurements of the change in the distance from the Earth to the Moon tell us that the Moon is moving away from the Earth at a rate of about 3.78 cm per year.
So go get all the apparatus need to perform this. You are welcome

2 Likes

Re: The Moon Is Leaving Us: The Earth And Moon Are Drifting Apart - Scientists (Pix) by EMILO2STAY(m): 8:24am On Oct 03, 2021
if you believe this, your worse than an animal, because even animals will not believe this. And when I said that the so called scientist are lying, people here called me slowpoke.

2 Likes

Re: The Moon Is Leaving Us: The Earth And Moon Are Drifting Apart - Scientists (Pix) by hotseat: 8:25am On Oct 03, 2021
It is often said that "what cannot be cured must be endured".

Nature must take its course!

Las las all man go return to dust!

So why worry!
Re: The Moon Is Leaving Us: The Earth And Moon Are Drifting Apart - Scientists (Pix) by MangekyoAlt: 8:25am On Oct 03, 2021
Who measured the distance of the moon from the earth that they knew that it moved a couple of inches from it?
Useless scientist ditching out trash to gullible people
Re: The Moon Is Leaving Us: The Earth And Moon Are Drifting Apart - Scientists (Pix) by Microwhy: 8:26am On Oct 03, 2021
Dem don leave blackhole alone.

1 Like

Re: The Moon Is Leaving Us: The Earth And Moon Are Drifting Apart - Scientists (Pix) by Shaaz00: 8:27am On Oct 03, 2021
Geminiboi:
Terrifying shocked shocked shocked

Soon there would be no night time, only daytime. Be scared people....

There will be night time.....just no moon
Re: The Moon Is Leaving Us: The Earth And Moon Are Drifting Apart - Scientists (Pix) by Alusiizizi(m): 8:29am On Oct 03, 2021
If the moon is speeding up, then that means that the rotation of the earth is slowing down. Soon one side of the earth will be eternally pointed towards the sun(and therefore be turned into an oven) and the other side away from(and therefore a deep freezer). The only habitable parts of the earth would then be a small twilight zone.

1 Like

Re: The Moon Is Leaving Us: The Earth And Moon Are Drifting Apart - Scientists (Pix) by judinho07(m): 8:29am On Oct 03, 2021
Ever8090:
This people will always have one nonsense thing to say..who measured the distance to note that it is exactly an inch and half..I know before opening the trend that they will definitely mention "billion years" and they did not disappoint at usual...

Wetin concern me, with my 100 naira, I just win 75,000 naira on bet9ja grin I needed the money so bad and God did it for me..I am greatly happy
."do giveaway nah..bro..!!!!
Re: The Moon Is Leaving Us: The Earth And Moon Are Drifting Apart - Scientists (Pix) by Olam09(m): 8:30am On Oct 03, 2021
Geminiboi:

It's not about there will be no night time.. the thing is that at night the sky is gonna be always dark.
Re: The Moon Is Leaving Us: The Earth And Moon Are Drifting Apart - Scientists (Pix) by Aurelius1(m): 8:30am On Oct 03, 2021
Geminiboi:

Wrong! As long as the earth rotates there'll be both day and night, only that there'll be no moon to light up the sky in the night.
Re: The Moon Is Leaving Us: The Earth And Moon Are Drifting Apart - Scientists (Pix) by Nobody: 8:35am On Oct 03, 2021
Geminiboi:

something that might take another 2 billion years to actualise. Pls merry. Scientist ain't even sure of their guess work.

1 Like

Re: The Moon Is Leaving Us: The Earth And Moon Are Drifting Apart - Scientists (Pix) by mrfoxx(m): 8:35am On Oct 03, 2021
I won't be alive to see it visible tho so it doesn't concern me...
My guess is before it finally disappears and we stop seeing the moon will take another over 10million years lol... Why should I be concerned right now. Even my bones will be laughing out loud at what's happening then...

Allow us live in peace and not create unnecessary panic abeg lol
Re: The Moon Is Leaving Us: The Earth And Moon Are Drifting Apart - Scientists (Pix) by Alusiizizi(m): 8:35am On Oct 03, 2021
rottennaija:

That you don't like what you heard doesn't mean it's nonsense. It's a fact that the universe is still expanding. And as it is expanding, planets, objects are moving away from each other. It's also a fact that our star, the sun is burning away. Eventually, it will burn out its energy source which is helium and die out, but that's is many millions of years away.

A small correction, hydrogen is what is being burned up at the moment. After it uses up all(most) of the hydrogen, which at that point would have been converted to helium, then it starts burning up helium as it's main energy source.

1 Like

Re: The Moon Is Leaving Us: The Earth And Moon Are Drifting Apart - Scientists (Pix) by Nobody: 8:36am On Oct 03, 2021
Ever8090:
This people will always have one nonsense thing to say..who measured the distance to note that it is exactly an inch and half..I know before opening the trend that they will definitely mention "billion years" and they did not disappoint at usual...

Wetin concern me, with my 100 naira, I just win 75,000 naira on bet9ja grin I needed the money so bad and God did it for me..I am greatly happy
congrats. More wins.

2 Likes

Re: The Moon Is Leaving Us: The Earth And Moon Are Drifting Apart - Scientists (Pix) by Workch: 8:36am On Oct 03, 2021
EMILO2STAY:
if you believe this, your worse than an animal, because even animals will not believe this. And when I said that the so called scientist are lying, people here called me slowpoke.
But you can measure the distance by yourself, don’t you think you are the person worse than an animal here?

Laser ranging measurements of the change in the distance from the Earth to the Moon tell us that the Moon is moving away from the Earth at a rate of about 3.78 cm per year.

You can do it by yourself

1 Like

Re: The Moon Is Leaving Us: The Earth And Moon Are Drifting Apart - Scientists (Pix) by MansoryMX(m): 8:36am On Oct 03, 2021
nijaomegacode:
OMG we all gonna die!
I don't wanna due cry

Hahahahahaha cheesy I read this your comment in the voice of that little crazy fucker that always shout “WE ARE GONNA DIEEEEE!!!” in the carton movie titled “The Nutjob”.

1 Like

Re: The Moon Is Leaving Us: The Earth And Moon Are Drifting Apart - Scientists (Pix) by Workch: 8:37am On Oct 03, 2021
MangekyoAlt:
Who measured the distance of the moon from the earth that they knew that it moved a couple of inches from it?
Useless scientist ditching out trash to gullible people
you are the illiterate here.

This part is the world is full of illiterates who think they are knowledgeable

1 Like

Re: The Moon Is Leaving Us: The Earth And Moon Are Drifting Apart - Scientists (Pix) by Aurelius1(m): 8:37am On Oct 03, 2021
omojeesu:

A time will come that finally this will happen:

Matthew 24:29 Immediately after the tribulation of those days shall the SUN be darkened, and the MOON shall not give her light, and the STARS shall fall from HEAVEN, and the powers of the heavens shall be shaken:

Revelation 21:1 And I saw a NEW HEAVEN and a NEW EARTH: for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away; and there was NO MORE SEA
Prophets of doom must always have something to say to justify any thing. What can you say about the stars falling from the sky? Can a star fall from the sky? Hope you know that the sun is a star? Can the sun fall from the sky?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Man Resumes Work, Meets Python In His Shop In Lagos / Delta Engineer Who Converted Keke To An "Aeroplane" Becomes Online Sensation / Massive Marine Skull Larger Than Human Body Reveals (Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.