Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,544 members, 7,827,035 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 05:14 AM

The Moon Is Leaving Us: The Earth And Moon Are Drifting Apart - Scientists (Pix) - Science/Technology (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / The Moon Is Leaving Us: The Earth And Moon Are Drifting Apart - Scientists (Pix) (59004 Views)

Moon Is Shrinking, And Researchers Reveal Reasons / NASA Announces It Has Found Water On The Moon For The First Time (Photos) / Earth Blamed For Sudden Rusting Of The Moon That Has Baffled Scientists (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Moon Is Leaving Us: The Earth And Moon Are Drifting Apart - Scientists (Pix) by stephenbaresi(m): 8:38am On Oct 03, 2021
Weytin come b our own now?
Re: The Moon Is Leaving Us: The Earth And Moon Are Drifting Apart - Scientists (Pix) by okoroemeka(m): 8:38am On Oct 03, 2021
Aringon:

Liars, all they do is putting fear in the minds of people. God created everything beautiful

LUBBISH

scientist are people that use facts to prove a point, before they reached that conclusion it will be years of research by world leading astronomical scientists and institutions to make such a statement and the type of equipments they use to do such findings you can't even believe such things are possible,yes God may create all things but God didn't create hi tech gadgets we are opportuned to use in this generation,they are made by scientists.

1 Like

Re: The Moon Is Leaving Us: The Earth And Moon Are Drifting Apart - Scientists (Pix) by Emmerlee(m): 8:38am On Oct 03, 2021
dazzlingd:
I knew daft people will come to ruin this thread, I suggest a simple IQ test should be conducted for people to comment on science related threads.

Seun, create a simple IQ test, and anyone that does not pass minimum requirement should be disallowed from commenting on science related threads.

Majority are daft in this part of the world, fools are irritating

Very true grin cheesy
Re: The Moon Is Leaving Us: The Earth And Moon Are Drifting Apart - Scientists (Pix) by MansoryMX(m): 8:38am On Oct 03, 2021
ateamblezing:
E no go affect Nigeria, make we bet am.

1 Like

Re: The Moon Is Leaving Us: The Earth And Moon Are Drifting Apart - Scientists (Pix) by DMerciful(m): 8:39am On Oct 03, 2021
You dey argue with people who made integrated circuit(electronic chips) powering communication over millions of miles from silicon(sand). And the funny thing is that you're taking pride in your ignorance
Ever8090:
This people will always have one nonsense thing to say..who measured the distance to note that it is exactly an inch and half..I know before opening the trend that they will definitely mention "billion years" and they did not disappoint at usual...

Wetin concern me, with my 100 naira, I just win 75,000 naira on bet9ja grin I needed the money so bad and God did it for me..I am greatly happy

2 Likes

Re: The Moon Is Leaving Us: The Earth And Moon Are Drifting Apart - Scientists (Pix) by MansoryMX(m): 8:39am On Oct 03, 2021
Mikelarteta:
Righteousness over to you.

I dey wait to see him comment cheesy

Re: The Moon Is Leaving Us: The Earth And Moon Are Drifting Apart - Scientists (Pix) by Glycolite: 8:40am On Oct 03, 2021
Workch:
Laser ranging measurements of the change in the distance from the Earth to the Moon tell us that the Moon is moving away from the Earth at a rate of about 3.78 cm per year.
So go get all the apparatus need to perform this. You are welcome

Do you mean satellite laser ranging ?
Re: The Moon Is Leaving Us: The Earth And Moon Are Drifting Apart - Scientists (Pix) by MansoryMX(m): 8:40am On Oct 03, 2021
Mikelarteta:
Righteousness over to you.

I dey wait to see him comment. Maybe baba dey Sunday school class dey speak in Tongues cheesy

1 Like

Re: The Moon Is Leaving Us: The Earth And Moon Are Drifting Apart - Scientists (Pix) by PROVERBZ(m): 8:41am On Oct 03, 2021
Geminiboi:
Terrifying shocked shocked shocked

Soon there would be no night time, only daytime. Be scared people....
haha I wish I could sit down and explain to you. Lol u lots need to go into astrology yourselfs. The moon is there night or day. Infact, the moon does not shine, it reflects off light from the sun.
The moon is just sand that used to be part of earth. Infact some planets don't have it while others have hundreds of it. With
Time(a very long time) more moons could even form from earth.)
Re: The Moon Is Leaving Us: The Earth And Moon Are Drifting Apart - Scientists (Pix) by Aurelius1(m): 8:41am On Oct 03, 2021
Workch:
you are the illiterate here.

Laser ranging measurements of the change in the distance from the Earth to the Moon tell us that the Moon is moving away from the Earth at a rate of about 3.78 cm per year.

This part is the world is full of illiterates who think they are knowledgeable
3.78cm is very negligible. After all, we've been on earth on for millenias and we never die or go extint. It's nothing to worry about.
Re: The Moon Is Leaving Us: The Earth And Moon Are Drifting Apart - Scientists (Pix) by Drsnives(m): 8:41am On Oct 03, 2021
ouvredeparis:

He'll come to tell us the moon is scared of the advent of Antichrist... That's why it is drifting away
grin
Re: The Moon Is Leaving Us: The Earth And Moon Are Drifting Apart - Scientists (Pix) by MansoryMX(m): 8:42am On Oct 03, 2021
Difrent:
So all the moonlight stories we used to hear about the moon once being close to earth is true....except the stories use to tell us that it was mans misbehaviour that made God to take it far away from us and not gravity

I am seriously trying to understand this your comment

1 Like

Re: The Moon Is Leaving Us: The Earth And Moon Are Drifting Apart - Scientists (Pix) by Workch: 8:42am On Oct 03, 2021
Aurelius1:
3.78cm is very negligible. After all, we've been on earth on for millenias and we never die or go extint. It's nothing to worry about.
This means that you didn’t read the original post.
Another evidence that you are probably very ill-informed.
Re: The Moon Is Leaving Us: The Earth And Moon Are Drifting Apart - Scientists (Pix) by ssogundele(m): 8:42am On Oct 03, 2021
Abascoh:
All these satanically inspired scientists deceiving themselves and other gullible fools. Instead of them to accept the reality of God's existence and his omnipotence over everything, they are there running around with stupid theories about things. The earth collided with a mysterious unknown object as big as mars and some of the debris from the collision somehow managed to gather together and create the moon which then somehow managed to get into perfect sync in the solar system with all the planets and celestial bodies with the earth rotating and revolving around it? This is the crap that these foolish "woke" people believe is sensible but believing that there is a higher power that simply set all these things in motion is a big NO? Look at the perfect symmetry of the solar system and the perfect unison in which all these different creatures and forces in the universe work and tell me how it's sensible to believe that all these things happened by accident.

Thanks bro for this write up. I don’t know why these woke people who parade some high sounding titles refused to believe in a Divine Creator who arranged all these celestial bodies in a person place but will be proving woke by claiming humans originate from something something and the universe from a Big Bang something! Is it not human that build house and other beautiful things we make use of? Ask them these questions and they go bunker

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Moon Is Leaving Us: The Earth And Moon Are Drifting Apart - Scientists (Pix) by shegoon: 8:43am On Oct 03, 2021
There will be night time but no source of illumination at night.Man advancement in technology would tackle this i guess. But come to think of it, of what different does that make in my country "Nigeria" where we dont usually have light at Night. Let me quickly go and buy new Generator
Geminiboi:

Re: The Moon Is Leaving Us: The Earth And Moon Are Drifting Apart - Scientists (Pix) by mybiz234: 8:44am On Oct 03, 2021
Geminiboi:

Lolz. Comment bourne our of shameless ignorance like an uneducated idiot.

Did you attend secondary school at all? Or did you just pass your exams through special centre?
Re: The Moon Is Leaving Us: The Earth And Moon Are Drifting Apart - Scientists (Pix) by BayoMaya(m): 8:45am On Oct 03, 2021
early sunday morning lie

Ever8090:
This people will always have one nonsense thing to say..who measured the distance to note that it is exactly an inch and half..I know before opening the trend that they will definitely mention "billion years" and they did not disappoint at usual...

Wetin concern me, with my 100 naira, I just win 75,000 naira on bet9ja grin I needed the money so bad and God did it for me..I am greatly happy
Re: The Moon Is Leaving Us: The Earth And Moon Are Drifting Apart - Scientists (Pix) by peacettw: 8:45am On Oct 03, 2021
Geminiboi:

The Sun is responsible for that
Re: The Moon Is Leaving Us: The Earth And Moon Are Drifting Apart - Scientists (Pix) by mannasseh(m): 8:45am On Oct 03, 2021
Ever8090:
them dey teach person gamble? grin...anyway it is football betting where you bet on outcome of games..Lt is bit easier if you watch football games as it enables you know the strength of teams.
Like myself, I bet responsibly I have the app on my phone I bet from their o don't need to go to s betting shop to place my bet.
And I stake 100 naira mostly, I don't stake huge amount as it is dangerous to do so.

abeg you fit dy send me code, I don't know how to book this matches
Re: The Moon Is Leaving Us: The Earth And Moon Are Drifting Apart - Scientists (Pix) by MansoryMX(m): 8:45am On Oct 03, 2021
Hyphy:
Better than the moon falling on us.

They actually acted a new movie about this and it scares the shit out of me! cheesy

1 Like

Re: The Moon Is Leaving Us: The Earth And Moon Are Drifting Apart - Scientists (Pix) by PROVERBZ(m): 8:46am On Oct 03, 2021
Drsnives:

grin
we need a. Astrology section on nairaland.

At lalasticlala myndd44 seun
Re: The Moon Is Leaving Us: The Earth And Moon Are Drifting Apart - Scientists (Pix) by peacettw: 8:48am On Oct 03, 2021
dazzlingd:
I knew daft people will come to ruin this thread, I suggest a simple IQ test should be conducted for people to comment on science related threads.

Seun, create a simple IQ test, and anyone that does not pass minimum requirement should be disallowed from commenting on science related threads.

Majority are daft in this part of the world, fools are irritating

Apt. I kep thinking what in the world is going on here in thiz thread?
Re: The Moon Is Leaving Us: The Earth And Moon Are Drifting Apart - Scientists (Pix) by Workch: 8:49am On Oct 03, 2021
Glycolite:

Do you mean satellite laser ranging ?
yes, they target mirror reflectors already placed on the moon, the light reflected is used to determine the distance of the moon at any point in time.

To understand fully how it works, you will need basic knowledge of principles of light waves in physics and basic astronomy knowledge which was thought in secondary school geography. Just that a lot of us didn’t take those classes seriously.

1 Like

Re: The Moon Is Leaving Us: The Earth And Moon Are Drifting Apart - Scientists (Pix) by EMILO2STAY(m): 8:51am On Oct 03, 2021
Workch:
But you can measure the distance by yourself, don’t you think you are the person worse than an animal here?

You can do it by yourself
this is nonsense , how do you measure the distance of an object 230 thousand miles away with laser? do you even think? no such thing exist. don't come here to make mouth or I will ask you to show proof of how the common man like you can measure the distance of the moon.

3 Likes

Re: The Moon Is Leaving Us: The Earth And Moon Are Drifting Apart - Scientists (Pix) by Donpaper: 8:51am On Oct 03, 2021
Street light go take over at night. No shaking!
Re: The Moon Is Leaving Us: The Earth And Moon Are Drifting Apart - Scientists (Pix) by PROVERBZ(m): 8:52am On Oct 03, 2021
ssogundele:

Thanks bro for this write up. I don’t know why these woke people who parade some high sounding titles refused to believe in a Divine Creator who arranged all these celestial bodies in a person place but will be proving woke by claiming humans originate from something something and the universe from a Big Bang something! Is it not human that build house and other beautiful things we make use of? Ask them these questions and they go bunker
believing in a supreme creator does not mean that the things that this things do not work the way this scientists have cliamed.

It's just as stupid as when someone says cars move by burning petrol and you 'no evil scientists!! We all know that God created movement of cars' you your sense
Why can't it be that the supreme creator created an algorithm that this things follow ??

1 Like

Re: The Moon Is Leaving Us: The Earth And Moon Are Drifting Apart - Scientists (Pix) by Workch: 8:53am On Oct 03, 2021
EMILO2STAY:
this is nonsense , how do you measure the distance of an object 230 thousand miles away with laser? do you even think? no such thing exist. don't come here to make mouth or I will ask you to show proof of how the common man like you can measure the distance of the moon.
I just mentioned how but you didn’t bother checking up how laser ranging measurement works because you are illiterate.

Go and check how it works

1 Like

Re: The Moon Is Leaving Us: The Earth And Moon Are Drifting Apart - Scientists (Pix) by Nobody: 8:53am On Oct 03, 2021
Geminiboi:

nightimes occurs when the earth is away from the sun during orbit not when there is no moon.
Re: The Moon Is Leaving Us: The Earth And Moon Are Drifting Apart - Scientists (Pix) by smudge2079(m): 8:53am On Oct 03, 2021
Make e dey move abeg
Re: The Moon Is Leaving Us: The Earth And Moon Are Drifting Apart - Scientists (Pix) by Drsnives(m): 8:53am On Oct 03, 2021
PROVERBZ:
we need a. Astrology section on nairaland.

At lalasticlala myndd44 seun
Stop quoting them, lala is only concerned about snake threads while the other na to ban person for harmless comment
Re: The Moon Is Leaving Us: The Earth And Moon Are Drifting Apart - Scientists (Pix) by Aurelius1(m): 8:53am On Oct 03, 2021
Workch:
This means that you didn’t read the original post.
Another evidence that you are probably very ill-informed.
You who claim to be intelligent and knowledgeable what have you invented with your knowledge? Abeg go siddon! Who your knowledge epp? Abeg make i dey jam "Ameno" by Era and sip my cold origin.
Re: The Moon Is Leaving Us: The Earth And Moon Are Drifting Apart - Scientists (Pix) by PROVERBZ(m): 8:54am On Oct 03, 2021
EMILO2STAY:
this one is actually the most useless question.

How did you know the moon was 230 thousand kilometers from here, did you measure it.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Delta Engineer Who Converted Keke To An "Aeroplane" Becomes Online Sensation / Massive Marine Skull Larger Than Human Body Reveals (Pictures) / Snake With A Foot Found In China

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.