Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,016 members, 7,818,004 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:36 AM

The Moon Is Leaving Us: The Earth And Moon Are Drifting Apart - Scientists (Pix) - Science/Technology (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / The Moon Is Leaving Us: The Earth And Moon Are Drifting Apart - Scientists (Pix) (58935 Views)

Moon Is Shrinking, And Researchers Reveal Reasons / NASA Announces It Has Found Water On The Moon For The First Time (Photos) / Earth Blamed For Sudden Rusting Of The Moon That Has Baffled Scientists (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Moon Is Leaving Us: The Earth And Moon Are Drifting Apart - Scientists (Pix) by Workch: 8:54am On Oct 03, 2021
Aurelius1:
You who claim to be intelligent and knowledgeable what have you invented with your knowledge? Abeg go siddon! Who your knowledge epp? Abeg make i deyjam "Ameno" by Era and sip my cold origin.
i don’t claim to be intelligent, I just carefully read articles, research the veracity of the claims before posting ignorant comments.

You should learn to do that

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Moon Is Leaving Us: The Earth And Moon Are Drifting Apart - Scientists (Pix) by Ugo4hotish(m): 8:55am On Oct 03, 2021
Ever8090:
This people will always have one nonsense thing to say..who measured the distance to note that it is exactly an inch and half..I know before opening the trend that they will definitely mention "billion years" and they did not disappoint at usual...

Wetin concern me, with my 100 naira, I just win 75,000 naira on bet9ja grin I needed the money so bad and God did it for me..I am greatly happy

A Nigerian ignorant idiot speaking

2 Likes

Re: The Moon Is Leaving Us: The Earth And Moon Are Drifting Apart - Scientists (Pix) by EMILO2STAY(m): 8:56am On Oct 03, 2021
okoroemeka:
scientist are people that use facts to prove a point, before they reached that conclusion it will be years of research by world leading astronomical scientists and institutions to make such a statement and the type of equipments they use to do such findings you can't even believe such things are possible,yes God may create all things but God didn't create hi tech gadgets we are opportuned to use in this generation,they are made by scientists.
rubbish, go and get me the facts used used to determine the distance of the sun which is said to be 93million miles from earth.

1 Like

Re: The Moon Is Leaving Us: The Earth And Moon Are Drifting Apart - Scientists (Pix) by Aurelius1(m): 8:57am On Oct 03, 2021
Workch:
i don’t claim to be intelligent, I just carefully read articles, research the veracity of the claims before posting ignorant comments.

You should learn to do that
No qualms bro. Advice noted. Thanks
Re: The Moon Is Leaving Us: The Earth And Moon Are Drifting Apart - Scientists (Pix) by EMILO2STAY(m): 8:57am On Oct 03, 2021
PROVERBZ:
this one is actually the most useless question.

How did you know the moon was 230 thousand kilometers from here, did you measure it.
those are not my figures, but the official figures given by NASA , so shut up if you know nothing .
Re: The Moon Is Leaving Us: The Earth And Moon Are Drifting Apart - Scientists (Pix) by Workch: 8:58am On Oct 03, 2021
EMILO2STAY:
rubbish, go and get me the facts used used to determine the distance of the sun which is said to be 93million miles from earth.
I just posted it but you didn’t read it. Because you are illiterate.

Go and read about laser range measurement.
You can determine the distance if anything in the universe by measuring the redshift and other parameters.

You still will not check because you just an illiterate who wants to keep embarrassing himself here

1 Like

Re: The Moon Is Leaving Us: The Earth And Moon Are Drifting Apart - Scientists (Pix) by Nobody: 8:59am On Oct 03, 2021
Abascoh:
All these satanically inspired scientists deceiving themselves and other gullible fools. Instead of them to accept the reality of God's existence and his omnipotence over everything, they are there running around with stupid theories about things. The earth collided with a mysterious unknown object as big as mars and some of the debris from the collision somehow managed to gather together and create the moon which then somehow managed to get into perfect sync in the solar system with all the planets and celestial bodies with the earth rotating and revolving around it? This is the crap that these foolish "woke" people believe is sensible but believing that there is a higher power that simply set all these things in motion is a big NO? Look at the perfect symmetry of the solar system and the perfect unison in which all these different creatures and forces in the universe work and tell me how it's sensible to believe that all these things happened by accident.

Gibberish....

We have all seen the effect of science through technology which you are using to typing this nonsense,medicine and vaccine(perhaps you should have been denied polio,measles,Tb,yellow fever,chicken pox,BCG etc vaccination when you were a kid) and should have be offered holy water alone up till today.....

2 Likes

Re: The Moon Is Leaving Us: The Earth And Moon Are Drifting Apart - Scientists (Pix) by PROVERBZ(m): 9:00am On Oct 03, 2021
Drsnives:

Stop quoting them, lala is only concerned about snake threads while the other na to ban person for harmless comment
haha

Lalasticlala seun myndd44 we need an astronomy section section I'm willing to run it please.
The fee Nigerians that know about astronomy have to go to foreign Facebook groups or forum to discourse.

Most Nigerians don't even know that Pluto has been declassified to a dwarf planet and no longer a real planet.
They were only thought that there are 9planets but the forgot to mention that this was only for our solar system and there are billions of plants in the universe.

Infact Nigerians don't know what that the sun is s star.

1 Like

Re: The Moon Is Leaving Us: The Earth And Moon Are Drifting Apart - Scientists (Pix) by Temptee101(m): 9:01am On Oct 03, 2021
Ever8090:
This people will always have one nonsense thing to say..who measured the distance to note that it is exactly an inch and half..I know before opening the trend that they will definitely mention "billion years" and they did not disappoint at usual...

Wetin concern me, with my 100 naira, I just win 75,000 naira on bet9ja grin I needed the money so bad and God did it for me..I am greatly happy

Please u fit share your games with me?
Re: The Moon Is Leaving Us: The Earth And Moon Are Drifting Apart - Scientists (Pix) by APOSTLECHUMA: 9:01am On Oct 03, 2021
BIBLICALLY, THE MOON REPRESENTS THE CHURCH, WHILE THE SUN REPRESENTS CHRIST AS HE IS OUR SUN OF RIGHTEOUSNESS. IF THE MOON IS SEPERATING FROM EARTH, ITS A GREAT SIGN THAT GOD IS ABOUT TO TAKE AWAY HIS SAINTS (THE CHURCH) FROM THIS SIN CURSED EARTH AND IT MEANS THAT RAPTURE IS PRETTY CLOSE. NB: FIRST BIBLE THAT GOD WROTE WAS WRITTEN IN NATURE THROUGH THE SIGNS OF ZODIAC. IF YOU FOLLOW THOSE SIGNS, U WONT BE FAR FROM GOD. THE 3 WISE MEN, WERENT MEN OF GOD BUT WERE THE 1ST TO KNOW ABOUT THE BIRTH OF CHRIST BECAUSE THEY WERE ASTRONOMERS. EVERYTHING HAS A SPIRITUAL MEANING AND APPLICATION. 1ST SIGN OF ZODIAC IS VIRGIN, WHILE THE LAST IS LEO. THE 1ST SIGN SPOKE ABOUT CHRIST'S 1ST COMING THROUGH HIS VIRGIN BIRTH TO SAVE HUMANITY WHILE HIS 2ND COMING WILL BE LIKE A LION AS HE IS THE LION OF THE TRIBE OF JUDAH AND WIL DEVOUR HIS ENEMIES AND THATS THE LEO SIGN. 07054142412

1 Like

Re: The Moon Is Leaving Us: The Earth And Moon Are Drifting Apart - Scientists (Pix) by michoim(m): 9:01am On Oct 03, 2021
Phiniter:
na Buhari cause am...
Lol!
Re: The Moon Is Leaving Us: The Earth And Moon Are Drifting Apart - Scientists (Pix) by Workch: 9:01am On Oct 03, 2021
PROVERBZ:
haha

Lalasticlala seun myndd44 we need an astrology section section I'm willing to run it please.
The fee Nigerians that know about astrology have to go to foreign Facebook groups or forum to discourse.

Most Nigerians don't even know that Pluto has been declassified to a dwarf planet and no longer a real planet.
They were only thought that there are 9planets but the forgot to mention that this was only for our solar system and there are billions of plants in the universe.

I think you need to know the difference between “astrology” and “astronomy” yourself.
Re: The Moon Is Leaving Us: The Earth And Moon Are Drifting Apart - Scientists (Pix) by PROVERBZ(m): 9:03am On Oct 03, 2021
Workch:
I think you need to know the difference between “astrology” and “astronomy” yourself.
thank you
Re: The Moon Is Leaving Us: The Earth And Moon Are Drifting Apart - Scientists (Pix) by Franking: 9:03am On Oct 03, 2021
So when Muslims can't find the moon they won't end their ramadan?
Re: The Moon Is Leaving Us: The Earth And Moon Are Drifting Apart - Scientists (Pix) by Drsnives(m): 9:04am On Oct 03, 2021
PROVERBZ:
haha

Lalasticlala seun myndd44 we need an astrology section section I'm willing to run it please.
The fee Nigerians that know about astrology have to go to foreign Facebook groups or forum to discourse.

We know that one nah.. haba we are not that dumb
Re: The Moon Is Leaving Us: The Earth And Moon Are Drifting Apart - Scientists (Pix) by jaxxy(m): 9:04am On Oct 03, 2021
So what are we gonna do about it
Re: The Moon Is Leaving Us: The Earth And Moon Are Drifting Apart - Scientists (Pix) by kingxsamz(m): 9:06am On Oct 03, 2021
Abascoh:
All these satanically inspired scientists deceiving themselves and other gullible fools. Instead of them to accept the reality of God's existence and his omnipotence over everything, they are there running around with stupid theories about things. The earth collided with a mysterious unknown object as big as mars and some of the debris from the collision somehow managed to gather together and create the moon which then somehow managed to get into perfect sync in the solar system with all the planets and celestial bodies with the earth rotating and revolving around it? This is the crap that these foolish "woke" people believe is sensible but believing that there is a higher power that simply set all these things in motion is a big NO? Look at the perfect symmetry of the solar system and the perfect unison in which all these different creatures and forces in the universe work and tell me how it's sensible to believe that all these things happened by accident.

But you believe that a white man with supernatural powers is coming back to earth on a horse to take you into his ancient kingdom in the sky? Lol, religious folks over here seem to be very dumb sha.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Moon Is Leaving Us: The Earth And Moon Are Drifting Apart - Scientists (Pix) by PROVERBZ(m): 9:06am On Oct 03, 2021
Drsnives:

We know that one nah.. haba we are not that dumb
I'm telling you bro. Nigerians don't know. I was a t the hostel in my university recently and when I mentioned it and told them that all the stars they see at night are suns that are very far away they where fucking mind blown.

1 Like

Re: The Moon Is Leaving Us: The Earth And Moon Are Drifting Apart - Scientists (Pix) by juniormod: 9:07am On Oct 03, 2021
Ever8090:
I no dey use any site, na oluwa..if to say I be d type wey dey stake big, today bet9ja for find where them go borrow money pay me� but I dey play responsibly
Baba please you fit drop ur WhatsApp number, we fit dey share updates via bet
Re: The Moon Is Leaving Us: The Earth And Moon Are Drifting Apart - Scientists (Pix) by Difrent: 9:07am On Oct 03, 2021
MansoryMX:

I am seriously trying to understand this your comment

Means either you missed moonlight stories while growing up or such tales were not told where you come from....
Re: The Moon Is Leaving Us: The Earth And Moon Are Drifting Apart - Scientists (Pix) by CountLaka(m): 9:09am On Oct 03, 2021
Betting is HARAM, even Bible said it.

Ever8090:
them dey teach person gamble? grin...anyway it is football betting where you bet on outcome of games..Lt is bit easier if you watch football games as it enables you know the strength of teams.
Like myself, I bet responsibly I have the app on my phone I bet from their o don't need to go to s betting shop to place my bet.
And I stake 100 naira mostly, I don't stake huge amount as it is dangerous to do so.
Re: The Moon Is Leaving Us: The Earth And Moon Are Drifting Apart - Scientists (Pix) by PROVERBZ(m): 9:10am On Oct 03, 2021
EMILO2STAY:
those are not my figures, but the official figures given by NASA , so shut up if you know nothing .
I said your question was the most stupid one for a reason. There are various ways that scientists can discover distance including studying light.

But your question regarding the distance of the moon is stupid because humans have sent probes around our solar system, even to the sun and humans have been on the moon. If you have questioned how they knew the distance to objects in different solar systems or galaxies that would have been a question to entertain.

1 Like

Re: The Moon Is Leaving Us: The Earth And Moon Are Drifting Apart - Scientists (Pix) by emmyyoung688: 9:11am On Oct 03, 2021
Ever8090:

abeg no use am bet oooo thinking you will win more....use and do better things... congrats..

1 Like

Re: The Moon Is Leaving Us: The Earth And Moon Are Drifting Apart - Scientists (Pix) by bayelsaowei(m): 9:11am On Oct 03, 2021
I hope they didn't connect it to global warming and all that..
Re: The Moon Is Leaving Us: The Earth And Moon Are Drifting Apart - Scientists (Pix) by PROVERBZ(m): 9:12am On Oct 03, 2021
jaxxy:
So what are we gonna do about it
nothing. The earth might have been destroyed by climate change or its collision with others celestial bodies when our galaxy collides with the andremoda galaxy before the moon totally breaks free of the earth's gravity.
Re: The Moon Is Leaving Us: The Earth And Moon Are Drifting Apart - Scientists (Pix) by EMILO2STAY(m): 9:13am On Oct 03, 2021
Workch:
I just mentioned how but you didn’t bother checking up how laser ranging measurement works because you are illiterate.

Go and check how it works
you said I can do it myself ,so I said show me how in details. and I am also assuming you must have done it too since the common man can do it any where.

see my friend you are saying nonsense and you know it. you call me an illiterate well let the illiterate educate you who is supposedly literate, the moon is a plasma 100%, and not a solid ball of rock reflecting light from the sun. it is on record in the journals of the astronomical society that stars can be seen through the moon. professor R. foster first made this assertion in the 50,s and has been proven to be right.

so every thing you said here about moon having mirrors is nonsense.

1 Like

Re: The Moon Is Leaving Us: The Earth And Moon Are Drifting Apart - Scientists (Pix) by kingxsamz(m): 9:14am On Oct 03, 2021
Ever8090:

Lol, why won't we be considered backwards when we have folks like you? You haven't even tried to find out how they arrived at that conclusion or how they were able to make their findings. And you're calling it nonsense.
Lol, but you believed when they told you the earth rotates and even fixed 24hours to compliment it.
If we check now, there is a chance that you're a Christian. So if you can't believe this information in this modern age of technology, how then can you believe the one that says the universe was created by a magical man in 6days, written by goat herders thousands of years ago?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Moon Is Leaving Us: The Earth And Moon Are Drifting Apart - Scientists (Pix) by GetMeRight: 9:14am On Oct 03, 2021
Ever8090:

Must ignorant people contribute to every thread? I guess they can't help it, always craving for attention
Re: The Moon Is Leaving Us: The Earth And Moon Are Drifting Apart - Scientists (Pix) by GetMeRight: 9:15am On Oct 03, 2021
kingxsamz:

Lol, why won't we be considered backwards when we have folks like you? You haven't even tried to find out how they arrived at that conclusion or how they were able to make their findings. And you're calling it nonsense.
Lol, but you believed when they told you the earth rotates and even fixed 24hours to compliment it.
If we check now, there is a chance that you're a Christian. So if you can't believe this information in this modern age of technology, how then can you believe the one that says the earth was created by a magical man in 6days, written by goat herders thousands of years ago?

What do you expect from someone who is trying to win 75k with 100 naira?

1 Like

Re: The Moon Is Leaving Us: The Earth And Moon Are Drifting Apart - Scientists (Pix) by Drsnives(m): 9:16am On Oct 03, 2021
PROVERBZ:
I'm telling you bro. Nigerians don't know. I was a t the hostel in my university recently and when I mentioned it and told them that all the stars they see at night are suns that are very far away they where fucking mind blown.
Lol. Nawa
Re: The Moon Is Leaving Us: The Earth And Moon Are Drifting Apart - Scientists (Pix) by ehissi(m): 9:17am On Oct 03, 2021
Hmmmmm......

Buhari is even driving the moon away! What Buhari cannot spoil does not exist
Re: The Moon Is Leaving Us: The Earth And Moon Are Drifting Apart - Scientists (Pix) by WaffenSS(m): 9:17am On Oct 03, 2021
Geminiboi:
Terrifying shocked shocked shocked

Soon there would be no night time, only daytime. Be scared people....

Er, day-night cycle is because of Earth's rotation. Nothing to do with the moon.

Besides, by the time the moon is fully gone in millions of years, it's doubtful if life would be thriving by then.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Man Resumes Work, Meets Python In His Shop In Lagos / Delta Engineer Who Converted Keke To An "Aeroplane" Becomes Online Sensation / Massive Marine Skull Larger Than Human Body Reveals (Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.