Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,331 members, 7,836,399 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 07:08 AM

VAT Brouhaha: SE Should Assume A Neutral Stand. - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / VAT Brouhaha: SE Should Assume A Neutral Stand. (4251 Views)

SE Should Never Get Senate President Or House Speaker Role / A Selfless And Neutral Stand Of Igbos On who to Vote come 2023 / Job Slots Brouhaha: Senate Leaders Move To Appease Aggrieved Members (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: VAT Brouhaha: SE Should Assume A Neutral Stand. by Newton85: 8:32pm On Oct 04, 2021
Afamed:

The question I think you should first ask yourself. How much vat is coming from SE?
Lol, don't mind the clown. Regions/states who contribute a huge chunk of VAT are slugging it out with FG and an Eboe is talking? Lol, Eboe psychosis on steroid.

15 Likes

Re: VAT Brouhaha: SE Should Assume A Neutral Stand. by Igboid: 8:34pm On Oct 04, 2021
Tingotoe:
A neutral stand on the issue means that if the status quo is not maintained, such a stand will be counterproductive for you

It will not be.

A neutral ground will be maintained just long enough to see who would win and then taking sides with them!
If current status quo remains, then we will be fine with it.
Make all man enjoy one Naijeriya they all fought for!
Hopefully, if current status quo remains, it would mean we supported the winning North in last minute, maybe with concession of punishing Rivers State by returning all oil Wells including Obiigbo they stole from us in 1970 back to us! cool

3 Likes

Re: VAT Brouhaha: SE Should Assume A Neutral Stand. by Newton85: 8:35pm On Oct 04, 2021
FakeUnity:

It doesn't matter, we stand to gain or lose nothing. Why then should we join in breaking our heads over VAT?
You can't join in the first place because VAT, as presently constituted benefits your South Eastern States, which are parasitic like the vast majority of states in Nigeria. Are you guys this dumb?

13 Likes

Re: VAT Brouhaha: SE Should Assume A Neutral Stand. by Blue3k(m): 8:35pm On Oct 04, 2021
Igboid:

Don't be silly.
The VAT is issue is unlike anything in the past.
Nothing is guaranteed here.
If victory is sure for Rivers, they wouldn't be dragging the rest of SS along!
Don't come here talking nonsense.
The Unity of NIGERIA is the foremost principle guiding every aspect of Nigeria.

If such rulling threatens the unity of the country, supreme Court will not give it.

Nothing is guaranteed in life. Nobody was dragged they came on their own based on their own interest in the case. Ok we'll wait for the ruling. Just sit by your presssence is not needed or demanded.

4 Likes

Re: VAT Brouhaha: SE Should Assume A Neutral Stand. by Okwyjesus(m): 8:38pm On Oct 04, 2021
Igboid:

The three regions (SW,SS and North) connived and stripped us of all oil producing Igbo speaking communities after the war.
Now they are fighting over the spoils of the war.
Our card should be to play neutral. And use our neutral position to extract benefits from both parties before choosing side with the eventual winner. cool

Very correct. SE should be out of the VAT fight. Enough of enemies for saying the truth abeg.

6 Likes

Re: VAT Brouhaha: SE Should Assume A Neutral Stand. by Igboid: 8:39pm On Oct 04, 2021
Blue3k:

Nothing is guaranteed in life. Nobody was dragged they came on their own based on their own interest in the case. Ok we'll wait for the ruling. Just sit by your presssence is not needed or demanded.

Get off my thread if you have nothing to comment.
You don't know more than Wike and Rivers State who went and dragged the entire SS states into the suit.
Neither do you know more than Lagos that has dragged the entire SW into the suit.

And Yes! Should play the Neutral role here and watch things from the sidelines.

That's the most rational thing we should be doing.
There will be no emotional or sympathy support to SW/SS coalition from us.

We are for everyone and for no one!

That's sophisticated politics 101 . grin

5 Likes

Re: VAT Brouhaha: SE Should Assume A Neutral Stand. by duro4chang(m): 8:39pm On Oct 04, 2021
Afamed:

The question I think you should first ask yourself. How much vat is coming from SE?
Your question has answered all other questions .

7 Likes

Re: VAT Brouhaha: SE Should Assume A Neutral Stand. by Tingotoe: 8:39pm On Oct 04, 2021
Igboid:

It will not be.

A neutral ground will be maintained just long enough to see who would win and then taking sides with them!
If current status quo remains, then we will be fine with it.
Make all man enjoy one Naijeriya they all fought for!
Hopefully, if current status quo remains, it would mean we supported the winning North in last minute, maybe with concession of punishing Rivers State by returning all oil Wells including Obiigbo they stole from us in 1970 back to us! cool
If you remain neutral those who want to change the status quo stand a greater chance of winning and then you lose out on the free VAT money, but if you join the other side you get to keep the free cash flowing grin

3 Likes

Re: VAT Brouhaha: SE Should Assume A Neutral Stand. by Igboid: 8:43pm On Oct 04, 2021
Tingotoe:
If you remain neutral those who want to change the status quo stand a greater chance of winning and then you lose out on the free VAT money, but if you join the other side you get to keep the free cash flowing grin

Not really.
VAT or no VAT, Ndiigbo will be fine.
We have enough middle class with unlimited remittances from Europe and North America and even South East Asia to absorb whatever Economic shortages we might face.

We are just not giving any body free support anymore on anything.

We only support when we have something to gain in return.

VAT or no VAT, SE will be fine grin

This is really not our battle.
So we are better served playing the neutral waiting game and exploiting both sides when and where possible .

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: VAT Brouhaha: SE Should Assume A Neutral Stand. by mightyhaze: 8:46pm On Oct 04, 2021
Wisdom!

South east don't want to fight anybody.. we want to be sophisticated' and just 'build bridges'. kiss

5 Likes

Re: VAT Brouhaha: SE Should Assume A Neutral Stand. by Igboid: 8:47pm On Oct 04, 2021
mightyhaze:
Wisdom!

South east don't want to fight anybody.. we want to be sophisticated' and 'build bridges'.

Gbam!

2 Likes

Re: VAT Brouhaha: SE Should Assume A Neutral Stand. by Blue3k(m): 8:53pm On Oct 04, 2021
Igboid:

Get off my thread if you have nothing to comment.
You don't know more than Wike and Rivers State who went and dragged the entire SS states into the suit.
Neither do you know more than Lagos that has dragged the entire SW into the suit.

And Yes! Should play the Neutral role here and watch things from the sidelines.

That's the most rational thing we should be doing.
There will be no emotional or sympathy support to SW/SS coalition from us.

We are for everyone and for no one!

That's sophisticated politics 101 . grin

Lol long mumu rants after your foolish logic was exposed. Your presence isn't demanded or needed. Join the FG if you like supreme court will hear the case shortly. You weirdos just like inflating your egos about irrelevant stuff.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: VAT Brouhaha: SE Should Assume A Neutral Stand. by Tingotoe: 8:56pm On Oct 04, 2021
Igboid:

Not really.
We have enough middle class with unlimited remittances from Europe and North America and even South East Asia to absorb whatever Economic shortages we might face.

So we are better served playing the neutral waiting game and exploiting both sides when and where possible .
You've started going sentimental with your Ndigbo will be fine talk. No government in the south east can make ends meet without federal handouts from VAT. This is the story of at least 2/3rds of the states across the country. Your governors know this fact better than you hence their refusal to support the change

7 Likes

Re: VAT Brouhaha: SE Should Assume A Neutral Stand. by mightyhaze: 8:56pm On Oct 04, 2021
Igboid:

Not really.

How will they know that remittances from diaspora is what's essentially rowing the badly battered economy boat..

Presently in my area now,infact the whole country the people building houses now with speed are those that have people abroads.. imagine somebody converting say 10,000 pounds.. omo any project you point u go just dey hama am dey go..

Most Nigerians salaries and incomes now no reach 500k (less than 1k USD).. Na remittances dey power the country now

2 Likes

Re: VAT Brouhaha: SE Should Assume A Neutral Stand. by Igboid: 8:58pm On Oct 04, 2021
Tingotoe:
You've started going sentimental with your Ndigbo will be fine talk. No government in the south east can make ends meet without federal handouts from VAT. This is the story of at least 2/3rds of the states across the country. Your governors know this fact better than you hence their refusal to support the change

Ndiigbo are the least dependent on Government in the whole country.
I tell you, we will be fine, VAT or no VAT.

4 Likes

Re: VAT Brouhaha: SE Should Assume A Neutral Stand. by Igboid: 9:06pm On Oct 04, 2021
Blue3k:

Lol long mumu rants after your foolish logic was exposed. Your presence isn't demanded or needed. Join the FG if you like supreme court will hear the case shortly. You weirdos just like inflating your egos about irrelevant stuff.

Did take your meds today?
So you mean Rivers State was stupid in dragging other SS states along and Lagos was stupid in dragging other SW along?

If the presence of other SW and SS states other than Lagos and Rivers will not influence court outcome, why then did the governors meet?

Are you saying the Governors are stupid while jellyfish like you are wise?

Ewu Gambia, sit down let me lecture you.
This is not just a legal case, this is a political face-off.
Know this and know peace.
You want to turn it North vs South.
But this is not SE battle, we have nothing to lose or gain in this battle, so we will play the Neutral game.

And should the North need an alliance, we would be willing to offer it, once they are ready to trade on our own terms.
We should be eyeing the return of all Igbo speaking territories carved into SS from Imo and Abia (Egbema and Oyigbo) as a starting point. cool

This is the type of sophisticated politics SE Should be Looking to play to get even.

Not victim or sympathy politics where by we support ingrates and people who ganged against us in the past to feather their own nests!

Go and hit your head on the wall if you are angry.
I hope we have PAs and Aides to SE governors taking notes here.

5 Likes

Re: VAT Brouhaha: SE Should Assume A Neutral Stand. by Blue3k(m): 9:10pm On Oct 04, 2021
Igboid:

Did take your meds today?
So you mean Rivers State was stupid in dragging other SS states along and Lagos was stupid in dragging other SW along?

If the presence of other SW and SS states other than Lagos and Rivers will not influence court outcome, why then did the governors meet?

Are you saying the Governors are stupid while jellyfish like you are wise?

Ewu Gambia, sit down let me lecture you.
This is not just a legal case, this is a political face-off.
Know this and know peace.
You want to turn it North vs South.
But this is not SE battle, we have nothing to lose or gain in this battle, so we will play the Neutral game.

And should the North need an alliance, we would be willing to offer it, once they are ready to trade on our own terms.
We should be eyeing the return of all Igbo speaking territories carved into SS from Imo and Abia (Egbema and Oyigbo) as a starting point. cool

This is the type of sophisticated politics SE Should be Looking to play to get even.

Not victim or sympathy politics where by we support ingrates and people who ganged against us in the past to feather their own nests!

Go and hit your head on the wall of you are angry.
I hope we have PAs and Aides to SE governors taking notes here.

Lol this weirdo crying like a wounded animal because you're not needed in the court case. How did rivers and lagos drag the other states clown? Did they threaten to cane the other governors or economic sanctions. They're simply showing solidarity because they feel its in their interest but you're too dense to see the obvious.

11 Likes

Re: VAT Brouhaha: SE Should Assume A Neutral Stand. by Igboid: 9:17pm On Oct 04, 2021
Blue3k:

Lol this weirdo crying like a wounded animal because you're not needed in the court case. How did rivers and lagos drag the other states clown? Did they threaten to cane the other governors or economic sanctions. They're simply showing solidarity because they feel its in their interest but you're too dense to see the obvious.

Lol!
You are a jelly fish.

Who talked about threat here?
Are you okay at all?

Why are you running around like a pained witch because I said that SE will not show support to any of the waring party?
You dragged your dead body here to tell me how SE is not important bla bla bla bla!

How is that any of your concerns how we intend to play our politics on this matter of national importance?
The thread is basically saying that it is not in SE interest to show support to SW and SS on this issue, bad you are here bleating like a he-goat.

SE is not important, ngwanu leave my thread since we are not important, mba! You are here Crying like a baby bush.

3 Likes

Re: VAT Brouhaha: SE Should Assume A Neutral Stand. by FakeUnity: 9:19pm On Oct 04, 2021
Newton85:
You can't join in the first place because VAT, as presently constituted benefits your South Eastern States, which are parasitic like the vast majority of states in Nigeria. Are you guys this dumb?

Like I said, we will support whatever is in our INTEREST FIRST not yours. You've always done the same so why shouldn't we?

Have you ever seen Osun or Oyo senators and reps supporting resource control since 1999?

We will start doing what is ONLY best for us and remain neutral where we don't stand to lose or gain anything supporting strangers who have never done same for us.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: VAT Brouhaha: SE Should Assume A Neutral Stand. by Tingotoe: 9:21pm On Oct 04, 2021
Igboid:

Ndiigbo are the least dependent on Government in the whole country.
I tell you, we will be fine, VAT or no VAT.
Okay grin

1 Like

Re: VAT Brouhaha: SE Should Assume A Neutral Stand. by Blue3k(m): 9:22pm On Oct 04, 2021
Igboid:

Lol!
You are a jelly fish.

Who talked about threat here?
Are you okay at all?

Why are you running around like a pained witch because I said that SE will not show support to any of the waring party?
You dragged your dead body here to tell me how SE is not important bla bla bla bla!

How is that any of your concerns how we intend to play our politics on this matter of national importance?

SE is not important, ngwanu leave my thread since we are not important, mba! You are here Crying like a baby bush.

I told you it doesn't matter if SE now you're crying cause you were exposed. The supreme court doesn't care who joins. Why are asking mumu questions like I told you what the SE must do? Lol mumu don't forget to tell us how rivers and lagod forced the other governors to join. Did the cane them or sanction them?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: VAT Brouhaha: SE Should Assume A Neutral Stand. by Igboid: 9:22pm On Oct 04, 2021
FakeUnity:

Like I said, we will support whatever is in our INTEREST FIRST not yours. You've always done the same so why shouldn't we.

Have you ever seen Osun or Oyo senators and reps supporting resource control since 1999?

Very simple stuff. cool

Neutrality on this issue is in our best interest.
And should it become more intriguing,we will support any of the party ( SS/SW or North) who offers us something we can't refuse.

Isn't this how all politics are played and how the rest of Nigeria have played their politics before now why tagging it "sophisticated" politics?

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: VAT Brouhaha: SE Should Assume A Neutral Stand. by Igboid: 9:25pm On Oct 04, 2021
Blue3k:

I told you it doesn't matter if SE now you're crying cause you were exposed. The supreme court doesn't care who joins. Why are asking mumu questions like I told you what the SE must do? Lol mumu don't forget to tell us how rivers and lagod forced the other governors to join. Did the cane them or sanction them?

You are silly.
The supreme Court doesn't care who joins, yet Rivers dragged the rest of SS and Lagos dragged the rest of SW into the suit, while peeps expect SE to follow suit? grin So that you can run along with North vs South Agenda.

Sorry it will not Agend.

SE will remain neutral.
Go hit your face on the wall, no one cares, we maintain neutrality!

2 Likes

Re: VAT Brouhaha: SE Should Assume A Neutral Stand. by FakeUnity: 9:26pm On Oct 04, 2021
Igboid:

Very simple stuff. cool

Neutrality on this issue is in our best interest.
And should it become more intriguing,we will support any of the party ( SS/SW or North) who offers us something we can't refuse.

Isn't this how all politics are played and how the rest of Nigeria have played their politics before now why tagging it "sophisticated" politics?

I don't know why they are crying foul for the same thing they have always done without remorse and claim they are 'sophisticated'.

We also want to be 'sophisticated' and play sleazy politics without being 'emotional' as they always accuse us of doing. grin
Re: VAT Brouhaha: SE Should Assume A Neutral Stand. by Igboid: 9:27pm On Oct 04, 2021
FakeUnity:

I don't know why they are crying foul for the same thing they have always done without remorse and claim they are 'sophisticated'.

We also want to be 'sophisticated' and play sleazy politics without being 'emotional' as they always accuse us of doing. grin

I tire.
Someone cannot be neutral and sophisticated in peace again?

Ikegwuru!

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: VAT Brouhaha: SE Should Assume A Neutral Stand. by Blue3k(m): 9:29pm On Oct 04, 2021
Igboid:

You are silly.
The supreme Court doesn't care who joins, yet Rivers dragged the rest of SS and Lagos dragged the rest of SW into the suit, while peeps expect SE to follow suit? grin So that you can run along with North vs South Agenda.

Sorry it will not Agend.

SE will remain neutral.
Go hit your face on the wall, no one cares, we maintain neutrality!

Lol tell us how they dragged them mumu, with cane or sanctions. Stay neutral you dont matter so you can stop crying and asking me dumb questions. The court will hear the case regardless. This is a legal battle not a vote.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: VAT Brouhaha: SE Should Assume A Neutral Stand. by seunmsg(m): 9:31pm On Oct 04, 2021
If SE want to chicken out, it’s cool. SW and SS are good together, we shall fight the battle to the end. We fought for the 13% derivation, abrogation of onshore and offshore dichotomy and other issues with our SS brothers while the SE stood aloof. When Jonathan was held captive by the ruling cabal, we fought to a standstill until he was made the Acting president. So, this is nothing new.

12 Likes

Re: VAT Brouhaha: SE Should Assume A Neutral Stand. by Newton85: 9:32pm On Oct 04, 2021
FakeUnity:

Like I said, we will support whatever is in our INTEREST FIRST not yours. You've always done the same so why shouldn't we?

We will start doing what is ONLY best for us and remain neutral where we don't stand to lose or gain anything supporting strangers who have never done same for us.
For you to remain "neutral" you have to be in the discussion in the first place. Like, Lagos and Rivers are fighting their own battles alone so how can parasitic South Eastern States, who are benefitting from the present VAT arrangement help both States in this VAT fight? Imagine Lagos asking for the help of parasitic South Eastern States who are benefitting from her (Lagos)? Are you delusional?

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: VAT Brouhaha: SE Should Assume A Neutral Stand. by Igboid: 9:33pm On Oct 04, 2021
Blue3k:

Lol tell us how they dragged then mumu with cane or sanctions. Stay neutral you dont matter so you can stop crying and asking me dumb questions. The court will hear the case regardless. This is a legal battle not a vote.

You you silly.
They dragged them by appealing to their sense of shared interests.
Common sense.
I can't be spoon feeding you.

We are neutral. You are the witch crying blood all over this thread on top of our neutrality.
We don't matter, yet you have been here screaming like a witch set on fire in middle age Europe- go figure.
I'm not the cause of your pains, when you are tired, you drag your decomposing dead body off my thread. Ozu!

3 Likes

Re: VAT Brouhaha: SE Should Assume A Neutral Stand. by Igboid: 9:36pm On Oct 04, 2021
Newton85:
For you to remain "neutral" you have to be in the discussion in the first place. Like, Lagos and Rivers are fighting their own battles alone so how can parasitic South Eastern States, who are benefitting from the present VAT arrangement help both States in this VAT fight? Imagine Lagos asking for the help of parasitic South Eastern States who are benefitting from her (Lagos)? Are you delusional?

Lol!
The parasites are those who cry on top of every Biafra thread preaching fake Unity.

You and I know that if you conduct a referendum in the SE today, the unanimous decision will be in favor of secession from Nigeria!
There are two sides to the VAT battle, those for and those against.
SE will not take any side.
We will be Neutral.

You can go jump into the ocean if it helps soothe your pains.

5 Likes

Re: VAT Brouhaha: SE Should Assume A Neutral Stand. by Blue3k(m): 9:38pm On Oct 04, 2021
Igboid:

You you silly.
They dragged them by appealing to their sense of shared interests.
Common sense.
I can't be spoon feeding you.

Oh so you admit they joined because it's in there interest like I said in the beginning mumu. Lol you clowns are too stupid for your own good. Appealing to shared interest is called dragging them in your idiotic mind.

Blue3k:

3 Likes

Re: VAT Brouhaha: SE Should Assume A Neutral Stand. by Newton85: 9:40pm On Oct 04, 2021
Igboid:

Lol!
The parasites are those who cry on top of every Biafra thread preaching fake Unity.

You and I know that if you conduct a referendum in the SE today, the unanimous decision will be in favor of secession from Nigeria!
There are two sides to the VAT battle, those for and those against.
SE will not take any side.
We will be Neutral.

You can go jump into the ocean if it helps soothe your pains.
You're not even in the VAT discussion in the first. States that matter are the ones fighting the FG. Go to bed with your grandiose delusions.

8 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

VP Shettima Charges Tax Reforms Committee To Develop Economic Roadmap / Obaseki Targets ₦‎70 Billion IGR In 2024 / MEND Writes An Open Letter To Nigerian Soldiers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.