Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,123 members, 7,814,939 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:29 AM

VAT Brouhaha: SE Should Assume A Neutral Stand. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / VAT Brouhaha: SE Should Assume A Neutral Stand. (4223 Views)

SE Should Never Get Senate President Or House Speaker Role / A Selfless And Neutral Stand Of Igbos On who to Vote come 2023 / Job Slots Brouhaha: Senate Leaders Move To Appease Aggrieved Members (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

VAT Brouhaha: SE Should Assume A Neutral Stand. by Igboid: 7:58pm On Oct 04, 2021
Somehow, I like the position of SE Governors on this stuff.
I think we should assume a neutral ground and let SS/SW battle it out with the North, while we watch from sidelines.

cc:Bkayy
Slayerforever

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: VAT Brouhaha: SE Should Assume A Neutral Stand. by chenny360(m): 7:59pm On Oct 04, 2021
Let see
Re: VAT Brouhaha: SE Should Assume A Neutral Stand. by Igboid: 8:04pm On Oct 04, 2021
chenny360:
Let see

They should be diplomatic and assume an inconclusive stand tomorrow.

Reschedule meeting and strategically drag feet until we see who is winning between SS/SW and the North, then we move in and help the faction.

About time we started playing "sophisticated" and interest based politics.

26 Likes 2 Shares

Re: VAT Brouhaha: SE Should Assume A Neutral Stand. by Nadaken: 8:05pm On Oct 04, 2021
That's your cup of tea

Uzomdima, umuahi are Fulani slaves, umuwanyi, ikpeazu, obiano are weaklings so it's not as if they are taking a neutral stand as cordinated plan

They are just simply ball lickers and weaklings

It doesn't matter because the VAT issue whether FG gets a good decision or not wike and Lagos would continue to collect the VAT ignoring FG

34 Likes 4 Shares

Re: VAT Brouhaha: SE Should Assume A Neutral Stand. by Okwyjesus(m): 8:07pm On Oct 04, 2021
Igboid:
I think we should assume a neutral ground and let SS/SW battle it out with the North, while we watch from sidelines.

Slayerforever

Wetin we get to fight VAT for. Na. SE/SW wahala.

3 Likes

Re: VAT Brouhaha: SE Should Assume A Neutral Stand. by Igboid: 8:07pm On Oct 04, 2021
This is a good opportunity to have to play the "neutral" game other parts of the South have played on us in the past.
One good turn deserves another.

Play neutral and exploit both waring factions (SW/SS vs North) and then pitch tent with the eventual winners.

We have been in Nigeria long enough to start playing politics the Nigerian sophisticated way.

17 Likes

Re: VAT Brouhaha: SE Should Assume A Neutral Stand. by Igboid: 8:10pm On Oct 04, 2021
Okwyjesus:

Wetin we get to fight VAT for. Na. SE/SW wahala.

The three regions (SW,SS and North) connived and stripped us of all oil producing Igbo speaking communities after the war.
Now they are fighting over the spoils of the war.
Our card should be to play neutral. And use our neutral position to extract benefits from both parties before choosing side with the eventual winner. cool

23 Likes

Re: VAT Brouhaha: SE Should Assume A Neutral Stand. by Afamed: 8:11pm On Oct 04, 2021
Igboid:

Slayerforever
The question I think you should first ask yourself. How much vat is coming from SE?

33 Likes 5 Shares

Re: VAT Brouhaha: SE Should Assume A Neutral Stand. by Tingotoe: 8:11pm On Oct 04, 2021
Igboid:

Slayerforever
Your governors are mostly silent on the issue because your states rake in more from VAT than they contribute. Only a few staes in the federation subsidize the rest

32 Likes 3 Shares

Re: VAT Brouhaha: SE Should Assume A Neutral Stand. by SlayerForever: 8:13pm On Oct 04, 2021
I don't think they are being neutral. I think they're just watching to see the SW/SS win.

1 Like

Re: VAT Brouhaha: SE Should Assume A Neutral Stand. by Igboid: 8:13pm On Oct 04, 2021
I will give up hope on this current set of SE Political office holders, if they rise up from that Enugu meeting tomorrow and choose a side between the two waring factions!

The logical and rational position SE should take should be a "Neutral" position.

They should declare that meeting "inconclusive" and then fix a future date for further deliberations.
This way they buy time and drag fit to see who is likely to win between both factions.

12 Likes

Re: VAT Brouhaha: SE Should Assume A Neutral Stand. by Blue3k(m): 8:14pm On Oct 04, 2021
The SE joining makes no difference in the courts decision so it doesn't matter. The better argument will win the day. It's a court case not a vote.

15 Likes

Re: VAT Brouhaha: SE Should Assume A Neutral Stand. by SlayerForever: 8:14pm On Oct 04, 2021
Tingotoe:
Your governors are mostly silent on the issue because your states all take in more from VAT than they contribute. Only a few staes in the federation are subsidizing the rest

We will only take this claim serious when VAT proceeds are published.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: VAT Brouhaha: SE Should Assume A Neutral Stand. by FakeUnity: 8:14pm On Oct 04, 2021
Igboid:

They should be diplomatic and assume an inconclusive stand tomorrow.

Reschedule meeting and strategically drag feet until we see who is winning between SS/SW and the North, then we move in and help the faction.

About time we started playing "sophisticated" and interest based politics.

I think I agree with you, we need to start playing yoruba brand of 'sophisticated' politics of hypocrisy and shamelessness that you just described especially when don't really have much to gain or lose.

We have put our necks on the chopping block for ingrates in this country for too long. Ingrates who can never reciprocate same gesture if the shoe was on their feet.

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: VAT Brouhaha: SE Should Assume A Neutral Stand. by Igboid: 8:15pm On Oct 04, 2021
Afamed:

The question I think you should first ask yourself. How much vat is coming from SE?

How much FG parastatals are located in South East?
How much oil producing communities were stripped from SE and added to SS?

A region without even an international airport, whose growing international airport in Enugu was snuffed out of life by bitter Nigeria bureaucracy.

11 Likes

Re: VAT Brouhaha: SE Should Assume A Neutral Stand. by Igboid: 8:16pm On Oct 04, 2021
Blue3k:
The SE joining makes no difference in the courts decision so it doesn't matter. The better argument will win the day. It's a court case not a vote.

Just as BRACED joining the suit makes no difference, Right?

5 Likes

Re: VAT Brouhaha: SE Should Assume A Neutral Stand. by Covidodo: 8:17pm On Oct 04, 2021
SE governors are hiding because they bring nothing significant to the table .
Imagine a Boko Haram ravaged Bornu state generating more revenue than most of the AfghanEASTERN States grin cheesy

26 Likes 3 Shares

Re: VAT Brouhaha: SE Should Assume A Neutral Stand. by Afamed: 8:19pm On Oct 04, 2021
Igboid:

How much FG parastatals are located in South East?
How much oil producing communities were stripped from SE and added to SE?

A region without even an international airport, whose growing international airport in Enugu was snuffed out of life by bitter Nigeria bureaucracy.
Oil stripped from SE added to SE? What a confusionist

9 Likes

Re: VAT Brouhaha: SE Should Assume A Neutral Stand. by Blue3k(m): 8:19pm On Oct 04, 2021
Igboid:

Just as BRACED joining the suit makes no difference, Right?

It makes no difference. If Rivers win the get paid regardless if they join the suit. If FG wins the status quo remains regardless if they lifted a finger. Do you need it repeated again?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: VAT Brouhaha: SE Should Assume A Neutral Stand. by Igboid: 8:19pm On Oct 04, 2021
Tingotoe:
Your governors are mostly silent on the issue because your states all take in more from VAT than they contribute. Only a few staes in the federation are subsidizing the rest

SE is confident of it's financial sustainability which is why we want Biafra, of course with addition of all Igbo proud speaking groups carved into SS and NC.

Furthermore, we didn't have much to gain either when we supported SS push for 13% derivation.
But that era of emotional politics of right and wrong should be history in Igboland.

Taking a neutral ground on this VAT issue is SE best stand.

8 Likes

Re: VAT Brouhaha: SE Should Assume A Neutral Stand. by Covidodo: 8:19pm On Oct 04, 2021
FakeUnity:

I think I agree with you, we need to start playing yoruba brand of 'sophisticated' politics of hypocrisy and shamelessness that you just described especially when don't really have much to gain or lose.

We have put our necks on the chopping block for ingrates in this country for too long. Ingrates who can never reciprocate same gesture if the shoe was on their feet.
Osu man screaming Yoruba.
You want to use Yoruba to save face . Every sane human knows your governors are scared because they are as parasitic as the Northerners you lots love to vilify.

He that comes to equity must come with clean hands .
I'm sure you people from the East are secretly fasting and praying that the FG wins this VAT war .

Anything East in Nigeria is blighted. Whether South East or North East .
The 2 regions now share similar Economic and security climates .

PS: Were you talking about the politics of shamelessness played by your fore fathers led by Azikwe when he went into an alliance with the Fulani only for him and his people to cowardly stab the North in the back .
You lots murdered both their civilian and military leaders in one clean sweep .

We haven't forgotten Ekwueme and Sylvester Ugor.
Daniel Kanu and his love for Sanni Abacha 's rectum also has a place in history .

Or is it politics of shamelessness only when the SW works with the North ?

23 Likes 4 Shares

Re: VAT Brouhaha: SE Should Assume A Neutral Stand. by FakeUnity: 8:20pm On Oct 04, 2021
Afamed:

It doesn't matter, we stand to gain or lose nothing. Why then should we join in breaking our heads over VAT?

2 Likes

Re: VAT Brouhaha: SE Should Assume A Neutral Stand. by FakeUnity: 8:22pm On Oct 04, 2021
Covidodo:

Osu man screaming Yoruna

Ewedu muslim, how many rotten human skulls are you hiding under your bed in obomoso? grin

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: VAT Brouhaha: SE Should Assume A Neutral Stand. by Igboid: 8:22pm On Oct 04, 2021
Blue3k:

It makes no difference. If Rivers win the get paid regardless if they join the suit. If FG wins the status quo remains regardless if they lifted a finger. Do you need it repeated again?

How will Rivers win nah?
Who controls the supreme Court judges?

If the FG see a United South and a possible Political crisis should Rivers lose the case, they will yield.
This is why Rivers went to tag along other SS states. And are hoping SE offer our emotional sympathy support as usual, which I expect SE governors to not offer this time around.
It's not just a legal battle, it's a political face-off.

SE can offer a soft landing to the North on the political angle, if they give us some concessions of course.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: VAT Brouhaha: SE Should Assume A Neutral Stand. by noleflendum: 8:23pm On Oct 04, 2021
Ass licker governors from the land of killing policemen are cowards like Ojukwu

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: VAT Brouhaha: SE Should Assume A Neutral Stand. by unohbethel(m): 8:26pm On Oct 04, 2021
Emmm I think u have a point @ poster.... for once let's play sophisticated and watch from the sidelines

3 Likes

Re: VAT Brouhaha: SE Should Assume A Neutral Stand. by Igboid: 8:27pm On Oct 04, 2021
FakeUnity:

Damn right!

We have to learn to be ruthless,only feather our own nests even if we have to burn other people's nest and the tree the nest is built on, to do so.

I want to see a level of political sagacity from SE Governors come tomorrow.

Umahi Better not disappoint.

7 Likes

Re: VAT Brouhaha: SE Should Assume A Neutral Stand. by Blue3k(m): 8:27pm On Oct 04, 2021
Igboid:

How will Rivers win nah?
Who controls the supreme Court judges?

If the FG see a United South and a possible Political crisis should Rivers lose the case, they will yield.
This is why Rivers went to tag along other SS states.
It's not just a legal battle, it's a political face-off.

SE can offer a soft landing to the North on the political angle, if they give us some concessions of course.

The will win the same way they always do. They've beat the FG multiple times in the supreme court regarding revenue. You're just trying to form important for nothing like you don't understand how courts work. Can you even name all the judges on the supreme court.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: VAT Brouhaha: SE Should Assume A Neutral Stand. by unohbethel(m): 8:27pm On Oct 04, 2021
noleflendum:
Ass licker governors from the land of killing policemen are cowards like Ojukwu
this one cant do without tribal slurs

Pele ur case is on another level

1 Like 1 Share

Re: VAT Brouhaha: SE Should Assume A Neutral Stand. by MrMaestro: 8:28pm On Oct 04, 2021
You can rationalize the south east governors actions as strategy all you want. But the fact remains that they are slow moving and have yet to act as a group. There is no strategy.

2 governors have already stated a stance against it. That shows there’s no stance or strategy, and if there is they’ve already shown they’re against it. Unless they go back on their word and support SS/SW.

6 Likes

Re: VAT Brouhaha: SE Should Assume A Neutral Stand. by Tingotoe: 8:30pm On Oct 04, 2021
Igboid:

SE is confident of it's financial sustainability which is why we want Biafra, of course with addition of all Igbo proud speaking groups carved into SS and NC.

Furthermore, we didn't have much to gain either when we supported SS push for 13% derivation.
But that era of emotional politics of right and wrong should be history in Igboland.

Taking a neutral ground on this VAT issue is SE best stand.
A neutral stand on the issue means that if the status quo is not maintained, such a stand will be counterproductive for you

2 Likes

Re: VAT Brouhaha: SE Should Assume A Neutral Stand. by Igboid: 8:31pm On Oct 04, 2021
Blue3k:

The will win the same way they always do. They've beat the FG multiple times in the supreme court regarding revenue. You're just trying to form important for nothing like you don't understand how courts work. Can you even name all the judges on the supreme court.

Don't be silly.
The VAT is issue is unlike anything in the past.
Nothing is guaranteed here.
If victory is sure for Rivers, they wouldn't be dragging the rest of SS along!
Don't come here talking nonsense.
The Unity of NIGERIA is the foremost principle guiding every aspect of Nigeria, including supreme Court judgements.

If such rulling threatens the unity of the country, supreme Court will not give it.

3 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

NBC To Regulate Social Media Platforms, Online Content Creators, Others / Nigerians Lie: How Pastor Adeboye Lied His Way To Fame-Superego / Congratulations Ogbeni Rauf Aregbesola.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.