Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,579 members, 7,837,186 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 06:24 PM

VAT Brouhaha: SE Should Assume A Neutral Stand. - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / VAT Brouhaha: SE Should Assume A Neutral Stand. (4260 Views)

SE Should Never Get Senate President Or House Speaker Role / A Selfless And Neutral Stand Of Igbos On who to Vote come 2023 / Job Slots Brouhaha: Senate Leaders Move To Appease Aggrieved Members (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: VAT Brouhaha: SE Should Assume A Neutral Stand. by 7lives: 9:48am On Oct 05, 2021
Afamed:

The question I think you should first ask yourself. How much vat is coming from SE?

Don't mind the attention seekers.

5 Likes

Re: VAT Brouhaha: SE Should Assume A Neutral Stand. by 7lives: 9:56am On Oct 05, 2021
Newton85:
You can't join in the first place because VAT, as presently constituted benefits your South Eastern States, which are parasitic like the vast majority of states in Nigeria. Are you guys this dumb?

So you don't know that empty barrel makes the most.

4 Likes

Re: VAT Brouhaha: SE Should Assume A Neutral Stand. by 7lives: 9:58am On Oct 05, 2021
Igboid:

Not really.
VAT or no VAT, Ndiigbo will be fine.
We have enough middle class with unlimited remittances from Europe and North America and even South East Asia to absorb whatever Economic shortages we might face.

We are just not giving any body free support anymore on anything.

We only support when we have something to gain in return.

VAT or no VAT, SE will be fine grin

This is really not our battle.
So we are better served playing the neutral waiting game and exploiting both sides when and where possible .

No wonder rere run.

2 Likes

Re: VAT Brouhaha: SE Should Assume A Neutral Stand. by Igboid: 10:04am On Oct 05, 2021
For those talking about Igbo presidency.
It is on record that no part of the South have ever supported Igbo presidency. Looking at the recent call for southern solidarity in presidency in 2023, it's obvious the SS and SW are not being sincere, since they expect the slot to still be up for grabs despite having both tested VP and Presidency recently with SE having none. One would think that if equity was the theme, then any Southern Solidarity would be to insist on equity by backing a SE presidency, but obviously peeps want to play "sophisticated politics".

We will get Igbo presidency from the North not from wicked opportunists down souths.
SE will strategically align with the North for Northern presidency in 2023 and 2027 and even forever, in exchange for strategic reward this time around.

Or just play neutral and watch things unfold and pick side.

1 Like

Re: VAT Brouhaha: SE Should Assume A Neutral Stand. by Ovamboland(m): 11:40am On Oct 05, 2021
FakeUnity:

I think I agree with you, we need to start playing yoruba brand of 'sophisticated' politics of hypocrisy and shamelessness that you just described especially when don't really have much to gain or lose.

We have put our necks on the chopping block for ingrates in this country for too long. Ingrates who can never reciprocate same gesture if the shoe was on their feet.

What kind of politics were you playing when your people were becoming first President, first VC of all existing universities, first Chief of Army staff, first Senate president, first VP, first speaker, and multiple senate president in the 4th republic

Tinubu came to upend your applecart and out of frustration you've been telling lies to be marginalized from the leadership and governance of Nigeria. What did your people achieve for holding those top positions? What should ethnic groups who never had held any of those positions do? Or what should Yoruba who have been excluded for 50 years do while Ibo was collaborating with the North?

No wonder you all hate Tinubu with a passion and swear with your lives that he will not make further progress in his politics even thoug he has never managed your state funds. Your elites who have been first this and that since Nigeria independence have no responsibility for your predicament, it's only Tinubu

3 Likes

Re: VAT Brouhaha: SE Should Assume A Neutral Stand. by Blue3k(m): 12:40pm On Oct 05, 2021
SlayerForever:

I don't think we are getting anything of the sorts. As per Ndoni and Oyigbo. No no no. What I read was in dispute was the jurisdiction of certain oil wells in the area. Not communities.

cc Eastlink

Lol you're right these clowns don't know what they're talking about like always. There's already an established constitutional process on how to adjust borders but nobody following it. The court case does nothing to get back get back ceded territories after the war. They only looking at maps to see see what already belongs to who.

Chapter 1 part 2 section 8

(3) A bill for a Law of a House of Assembly for the purpose of creating a new local government area shall only be passed if -

(a) a request supported by at least two-thirds majority of members (representing the area demanding the creation of the new local government area) in each of the following, namely -

(i) the House of Assembly in respect of the area, and

(ii) the local government councils in respect of the area, is received by the House of Assembly;

(b) a proposal for the creation of the local government area is thereafter approved in a referendum by at least two-thirds majority of the people of the local government area where the demand for the proposed local government area originated;

(c) the result of the referendum is then approved by a simple majority of the members in each local government council in a majority of all the local government councils in the State; and

(d) the result of the referendum is approved by a resolution passed by two-thirds majority of members of the House of Assembly.

(4) A bill for a Law of House of Assembly for the purpose of boundary adjustment of any existing local government area shall only be passed if-

(a) a request for the boundary adjustment is supported by two-thirds majority of members (representing the area demanding and the area affected by the boundary adjustment) in each of the following, namely -

(i) the House of Assembly in respect of the area, and

(ii) the local government council in respect of the area, is received by the House of Assembly; and

(b) a proposal for the boundary adjustment is approved by a simple majority of members of the House of Assembly in respect of the area concerned.
Igboid:

Getting back Oyigbo and ONELGA will be a game changer.
It will send chills down many Igbo haters spines.
It will cause a domino effect.
Talkative Wike will scatter party and reveal lots of hidden secrets.

I can't wait for us to pull this off.

This VAT war better not stop.
proeast:

They can start with the oil wells that have been ceded to Imo State, extend it to Abia by ceding back Obigbo to them. Then sit back and watch Wike or any future governor cut to size.

If Hope is street wise, he would have rallied SE governors to reach agreement with the FG that would back the status quo on VAT if only our lands and oil wells are given back to us.
OfoIgbo:

If the federal government and the courts will adjust these artificial Rivers state boundaries in ways that will favour Imo and Abia, I believe it makes excellence sense for Igbos to pay back the federal government, by backing her stance on the VAT controversy. It is a price worth paying.
Re: VAT Brouhaha: SE Should Assume A Neutral Stand. by Igboid: 1:19pm On Oct 05, 2021
Blue3k:

Lol you're right these clowns don't know what they're talking about like always. There's already an established constitutional process on how to adjust borders but nobody following it. The court case does nothing to get back get back ceded territories after the war. They only looking at maps to see see what already belongs to who.

Lol!

You have been here since yesterday Crying like a Banshee!
Let us worry about how to go about addressing perceived injustice by playing our politics better and exploiting loopholes in the law.
Stop taking Panadol for another man headache.
You are the clown here.

1 Like

Re: VAT Brouhaha: SE Should Assume A Neutral Stand. by Blue3k(m): 1:26pm On Oct 05, 2021
Igboid:

Lol!

You have been here since yesterday Crying like a Banshee!
Let us worry about how to go about addressing perceived injustice by playing our politics better and exploiting loopholes in the law.
Stop taking Panadol for another man headache.
You are the clown here.

Lol you don't even know the laws not to speak of loopholes mumus. You clowns never achieve anything because you're ignorant on basic facts. Lol mumus always get mad when facts are brought to face like fools rejecting wisdom. Notice you can't debunk anything stated about what the constitution says. You're not getting back any ceded territories unless the process is followed.
Re: VAT Brouhaha: SE Should Assume A Neutral Stand. by Igboid: 1:38pm On Oct 05, 2021
Blue3k:

Lol you don't even know the laws not to speak of loopholes mumus. You clowns never achieve anything because you're ignorant on basic facts. Lol mumus always get mad when facts are brought to face like fools rejecting wisdom. Notice you can't debunk anything stated about what the constitution says. You're not getting back any ceded territories unless the process is followed.

Local witch.
Cry louder.
We will get them all back. Write it down somewhere!
All! Not even one will be left.
There is nothing to debunk. Your argument is a non issue.
My thread says we have a lot to gain by staying Neutral in any confrontation between SS/SW and the North.
You have been here crying like a witch burning on a stake in middle age Europe since then.
Jumping around!

Who doesn't know there would be legal impediments to reversing injustices neighbors in SS and SW meted on SE since 1970?
Are you this dense?

NIGERIA is a lawless society, where power makes might. All you need is to find the right power and you can find a loophole in the law to drive home your motive.

We will worry about the laws when we get there. For now we work on the political angle.

You are empty, I swear.
Re: VAT Brouhaha: SE Should Assume A Neutral Stand. by Blue3k(m): 1:41pm On Oct 05, 2021
[s]
Igboid:

Local witch.
Cry louder.
We will get them all back. Write it down somewhere!
All! Not even one will be left.
There is nothing to debunk. Your argument is a non issue.
My thread says we have a lot to gain by staying Neutral in any confrontation between SS/SW and the North.
You have been here crying like a witch burning on a stake in middle age Europe since then.
Jumping around!

Who doesn't know there would be legal impediments to reversing injustices neighbors in SS and SW meted on SE since 1970?
Are you this dense?

NIGERIA is a lawless society, where power makes might. All you need is to find the right power and you can find a loophole in the law to drive home your motive.

We will worry about the laws when we get there. For now we work on the political angle.

You are empty, I swear.
[/s]

Lol rambling nonsense like usual you Igbos are an illogical bunch. There's no clever loopholes just follow the process mumu. The Neutrality issue has been debunked as well. Your pressence isn't need so stay out the way as you planned.

1 Like

Re: VAT Brouhaha: SE Should Assume A Neutral Stand. by Igboid: 1:47pm On Oct 05, 2021
Blue3k:
[s][/s]

Lol rambling nonsense like usual you Igbos are an illogical bunch. There's no clever loopholes just follow the process mumu. The Neutrality issue has been debunked as well. Your pressence isn't need so stay out the way as you planned.

You are a burning witch on a stake.
Your cries is like a music to my ears.
Cry harder!
You have spent hours on this to thread arguing non existent issues and making a nuisance of yourself while show casing your empty skull in the process.

Move along, I don't entertain clowns.
Re: VAT Brouhaha: SE Should Assume A Neutral Stand. by Blue3k(m): 1:55pm On Oct 05, 2021
[s]
Igboid:

You are a burning witch on a stake.
Your cries is like a music to my ears.
Cry harder!
You have spent hours on this to thread arguing non existent issues and making a nuisance of yourself while show casing your empty skull in the process.

Move along, I don't entertain clowns.
[/s]

More mumu rambling from the idiot who can't understand basic facts. Lol watching you guys whine Gowan Balkanized Igbo territories is hilarious. You guys know you're not getting it back without following the process that's why you guys cry endlessly on this website about it. I doubt they even want to go back seeing how badly run places like Abia are.
Re: VAT Brouhaha: SE Should Assume A Neutral Stand. by Igboid: 1:56pm On Oct 05, 2021
Blue3k:
[s][/s]

More mumu rambling from the idiot who can't understand basic facts. Lol watching you guys whine Gowan Balkanized Igbo territories is hilarious. You guys know you're not getting it back without following the process that's why you guys cry endlessly on this website about it.

So you know we are not getting them back, while then are you crying like a witch on a stake in this thread since yesterday?
Why don't you chillax? grin
Re: VAT Brouhaha: SE Should Assume A Neutral Stand. by Midas01: 1:57pm On Oct 05, 2021
SS doesn't need your assistance or emotional empathy as you'd like to put it.

I hope you know the SE is the weakest link in the South politically , economically and otherwise. Just a friendly reminder.

Igboid:

How will Rivers win nah?
Who controls the supreme Court judges?

If the FG see a United South and a possible Political crisis should Rivers lose the case, they will yield.
This is why Rivers went to tag along other SS states. And are hoping SE offer our emotional sympathy support as usual, which I expect SE governors to not offer this time around.
It's not just a legal battle, it's a political face-off.

SE can offer a soft landing to the North on the political angle, if they give us some concessions of course.

2 Likes

Re: VAT Brouhaha: SE Should Assume A Neutral Stand. by Blue3k(m): 2:00pm On Oct 05, 2021
Igboid:

So you know we are not getting them back, while then are you crying like a witch on a stake in this thread since yesterday?
Why don't you chillax? grin

You been crying for decades when will yall stop reminding everyone about Gowan beating yall? Follow the process and you will it's conditional statement..
Re: VAT Brouhaha: SE Should Assume A Neutral Stand. by Igboid: 2:00pm On Oct 05, 2021
Midas01:
SS doesn't need your assistance or emotional empathy as you'd like to put it.

I hope you know the SE is the weakest link in the South politically , economically and otherwise. Just a friendly reminder.

We are about to put your words to test, which is why we are taking a neutral ground!
We know you don't need our assistance, which is exactly why we are chillaxing.

You have any issues with that? smiley
Re: VAT Brouhaha: SE Should Assume A Neutral Stand. by Igboid: 2:04pm On Oct 05, 2021
Blue3k:

You been crying for decades when will yall stop reminding everyone about Gowan beating yall? Follow the process and you will it's conditional statement..

Some people have had their crude oil shared by the whole country for years too and have to battle hard to get 13% of it which we unfortunately assisted them then to achieve.

I bet everyone has their own injustice to fight for .
I wonder why you have been crying all thread because Ndiigbo insists on fighting for our own injustice which some people who call themselves Southerners were major beneficiaries of?

Why are you Crying like a witch on this thread?

You say we are not important, I say no problem, but we still remain neutral.
You say our neutrality doesn't matter, I say no problem, we still remain Neutral.

What is the color of your witchcraft? grin
I wouldn't know, but we remain neutral and fight for our own interests.
Re: VAT Brouhaha: SE Should Assume A Neutral Stand. by Blue3k(m): 2:13pm On Oct 05, 2021
[s]
Igboid:

Some people have had their crude oil shared by the whole country for years too and have to battle hard to get 13% of it which we unfortunately assisted them then to achieve.

I bet everyone has their own injustice to fight for .
I wonder why you have been crying all thread because Ndiigbo insists on fighting for our own injustice which some people who call themselves Southerners were major beneficiaries of?

Why are you Crying like a witch on this thread?

You say we are not important, I say no problem, but we still remain neutral.
You say our neutrality doesn't matter, I say no problem, we still remain Neutral.

What is the color of your witchcraft? grin
I wouldn't know, but we remain neutral and fight for our own interests.

[/s]

Lol rambling mumu with 3 lines of dialogue. You can only repeat we're neutral like you're Switzerland then cry when people remind you you're not needed in the fight. Its court case not a vote. I'm enjoy hitting you with facts you can't argue against then seeing you repeat yourself on like broken record shouting we're neutral.

1 Like

Re: VAT Brouhaha: SE Should Assume A Neutral Stand. by Igboid: 2:18pm On Oct 05, 2021
Blue3k:
[s][/s]

Lol rambling mumu with 3 lines of dialogue. You can only repeat we're neutral like you're Switzerland then cry when people remind you you're not needed in the fight. Its court case not a vote. I'm enjoy hitting you with facts you can't argue against then seeing you repeat yourself on like broken record shouting we're neutral.

You are a witch burning on a stake.
Your cries here is a sweet music to my ears.
You have no facts to present.

You are a jellyfish.
I said we will take back all that was taken from us, and we don't do that by backing those who were direct beneficiaries to our own injustice.

This is common sense.

But what do I get?
A bushbaby crying in my thread all day and night.
Your pains are only just starting. grin

We remain Neutral!
Re: VAT Brouhaha: SE Should Assume A Neutral Stand. by Blue3k(m): 2:25pm On Oct 05, 2021
Igboid:

[s]You are a witch burning on a stake.
Your cries here is a sweet music to my ears.
You have no facts to present.

You are a jellyfish.
I said we will take back all that was taken from us, and we don't do that by backing those who were direct beneficiaries to our own injustice.

This is common sense.

But what do I get?
A bushbaby crying in my thread all day and night.
Your pains are only just starting. grin

We remain Neutral![/s]

Lol see three lines of dialogue. We remain neutral, we will take back lands and cry more witch. Lol if rivers wins at court again it will be hilarious watch you clowns cry about Gowan more.

1 Like

Re: VAT Brouhaha: SE Should Assume A Neutral Stand. by Igboid: 2:27pm On Oct 05, 2021
Blue3k:

Lol see three lines of dialogue. We remain neutral, we will take back lands and cry more witch. Lol if rivers wins at court again it will be hilarious watch you clowns cry about Gowan more.

They have not won yet.
And common sense dictates we don't support those sitting on top of injustice meted on us while crying for injustice themselves.
We would be stupid to do that.

SE best card remains to remain neutral.

You can go jump on a moving train track if you are this pained.
Re: VAT Brouhaha: SE Should Assume A Neutral Stand. by Blue3k(m): 2:30pm On Oct 05, 2021
Igboid:

They have not won yet.
And common sense dictates we don't support those sitting on top of injustice meted on us while crying for injustice themselves.
We would be stupid to do that.

SE best card remains to remain neutral.

You can go jump on a moving train track if you are this pained.

Play your neutrality card did I tell you not to ndi-Switzerland? November 1st is around the corner.

2 Likes

Re: VAT Brouhaha: SE Should Assume A Neutral Stand. by Igboid: 2:36pm On Oct 05, 2021
Blue3k:

Play your neutrality card did I tell you not to ndi-Switzerland? November 1st is around the corner.

So why have you been dying on this thread?
Telling us we are not important?
That we are not needed?
That our neutrality is inconsequential?
That we are going to lose?
Like really? We don't have right to even choose what our best interests are without witches like you coming to tell us what is best for us?

Are you listening to yourself? What is the difference between what you have done on this thread so far and witchcraft? grin
Re: VAT Brouhaha: SE Should Assume A Neutral Stand. by Midas01: 2:42pm On Oct 05, 2021
SS / SW unity is what I love to see kiss
seunmsg:
If SE want to chicken out, it’s cool. SW and SS are good together, we shall fight the battle to the end. We fought for the 13% derivation, abrogation of onshore and offshore dichotomy and other issues with our SS brothers while the SE stood aloof. When Jonathan was held captive by the ruling cabal, we fought to a standstill until he was made the Acting president. So, this is nothing new.

2 Likes

Re: VAT Brouhaha: SE Should Assume A Neutral Stand. by Blue3k(m): 2:42pm On Oct 05, 2021
Igboid:

So why have you been dying on this thread?
Telling us we are not important?
That we are not needed?
That our neutrality is inconsequential?
That we are going to lose?
Like really? We don't have right to even choose what our best interests are without witches like you coming to tell us what is best for us?

Are you listening to yourself? What is the difference between what you have done on this thread so far and witchcraft? grin

Lol mumu you're back your default programming? Nobody can tell you the truth your pressence no being needed without you crying? Did I say you're going to lose in court? Lol primitive man do you really believe in witchcraft?
Re: VAT Brouhaha: SE Should Assume A Neutral Stand. by Kinematics: 2:43pm On Oct 05, 2021
Dem dey talk VAT parasite SE too wan talk?

Nothing I no go see for nairaland...

3 Likes

Re: VAT Brouhaha: SE Should Assume A Neutral Stand. by Igboid: 2:43pm On Oct 05, 2021
Blue3k:

Lol mumu you're back your default programming? Nobody can tell you the truth your pressence no being needed without you crying? Did I say you're going to lose in court? Lol primitive man do you really believe in witchcraft?

You are still burning on your stake.
Cry harder.
Re: VAT Brouhaha: SE Should Assume A Neutral Stand. by Midas01: 2:44pm On Oct 05, 2021
You people just say baseless rubbish to massage your ego.

Remittances powering the country but you need Rivers and Lagos VAT to pay your workers grin
mightyhaze:
How will they know that remittances from diaspora is what's essentially rowing the badly battered economy boat..

Presently in my area now,infact the whole country the people building houses now with speed are those that have people abroads.. imagine somebody converting say 10,000 pounds.. omo any project you point u go just dey hama am dey go..

Most Nigerians salaries and incomes now no reach 500k (less than 1k USD).. Na remittances dey power the country now

2 Likes

Re: VAT Brouhaha: SE Should Assume A Neutral Stand. by Igboid: 2:46pm On Oct 05, 2021
seunmsg:
If SE want to chicken out, it’s cool. SW and SS are good together, we shall fight the battle to the end. We fought for the 13% derivation, abrogation of onshore and offshore dichotomy and other issues with our SS brothers while the SE stood aloof. When Jonathan was held captive by the ruling cabal, we fought to a standstill until he was made the Acting president. So, this is nothing new.

Liar.
SW was nowhere to be found on 13% derivation formula.
It was SE who supported SS.
Maybe tomorrow we would also be told how SW supported GEJ in 2011 and 2105 more than SE.
Ana emenu.

Anyway, all those are in the past now.
SE will only support her own interests. Anyother interest, we play neutrality.
Chikina.

2 Likes

Re: VAT Brouhaha: SE Should Assume A Neutral Stand. by Blue3k(m): 2:49pm On Oct 05, 2021
Igboid:

You are still burning on your stake.
Cry harder.

Lol we'll see how you guys react if you guys lose November 1st. Just look at how you guys are bashing the imo supreme court justice over a temporary Injunction.
Re: VAT Brouhaha: SE Should Assume A Neutral Stand. by bjnice(m): 2:49pm On Oct 05, 2021
Igboid:
Somehow, I like the position of SE Governors on this stuff.
I think we should assume a neutral ground and let SS/SW battle it out with the North, while we watch from sidelines.

cc:Bkayy
Slayerforever

For a region that generates the lowest IGR, it is expected. After all, you are part of the beneficiary of the unjust distribution of our commonwealth.

By the way, who is asslicking the North now? And who is the slave of the North? You know the answer right? If I hear Tinubu or Yoruba for your mouth eh.

3 Likes

Re: VAT Brouhaha: SE Should Assume A Neutral Stand. by mightyhaze: 2:53pm On Oct 05, 2021
Midas01:
You people just say baseless rubbish to massage your ego.

Remittances powering the country but you need To Rivers and Lagos VAT to pay your workers grin
okpe

No be people dey pay those vats?

So na only yorobalagosians dey pay all those vats abi?

Okpetu grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

See Igwe Okoro The 110-year-old Igbo Man That Found Alaba Int. Market Lagos / Is Wike Wearing Asiwaju Logo Themed Cap? / Peter Obi Retires Tinubu In Lagos: Pictures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.