Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,554 members, 7,819,997 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:04 AM

URGENT - In State Of Delimma - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / URGENT - In State Of Delimma (17965 Views)

Difficulty Upgrading Certificate In State Civil Service / Lecturing In State University Vs Federal Polytechnic / Poor State Of Police Barracks Around Nigeria (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: URGENT - In State Of Delimma by Dialpad: 1:45pm On Oct 06, 2021
Find a way out of this country... whichever way you can, just try
Re: URGENT - In State Of Delimma by dedollarman(m): 1:46pm On Oct 06, 2021
Don't be in hurry to leave ur brothers house just apply Option A or B for another two years if u are financially stable u can then rent your personal house to start your private life
Re: URGENT - In State Of Delimma by dingbang(m): 1:46pm On Oct 06, 2021
Give woman belle.

3 Likes

Re: URGENT - In State Of Delimma by Curious345: 1:46pm On Oct 06, 2021
Don't take any crypto or ponzi advice.
. They are coming below this chat in a geefee
Re: URGENT - In State Of Delimma by delzbaba(m): 1:47pm On Oct 06, 2021
you call this dilemma? people never see food chop for days na dat one be dilemma,,,what you have is a luxury of options.

2 Likes

Re: URGENT - In State Of Delimma by Curious345: 1:47pm On Oct 06, 2021
dingbang:
Give woman belle.
brooooooooh...

Why are you thinking from down - up?
Re: URGENT - In State Of Delimma by Fvckyouall: 1:47pm On Oct 06, 2021
ambr055i:
Please, I need your advice because right now I'm confused about where to go, it's a lifelong decision.

I just turned 34 last month, still living with my uncle, but no pressure on his part is a big house. Currently, I teach in a school where my net salary and my home lesson inclusive are approx. N 100000 a month. I have a master's degree in engineering, so I haven't put that certificate to use. I have a saving of 900k, it will be higher by December. Although it would have been more than that, I lost 400,000 to the detriment of a bad investment. Last two years, I had an illness that struck (ENT related), which doesn't have a cure. One of the symptoms is vertigo (a sensation of feeling off-balance). This made me change my mind about travelling. For a few months now, I haven't had the experience.

I have three thoughts, but I can only do one at a time.

Firstly, leave my uncle's house, get an apartment. Use the rest of the money to start a business as a side hustle while working with the school.

Secondly, leave my uncle's house, get an apartment. Next, I invest my time in a tech skill (web dev, programming or data science).

Thirdly, travel to the US for my PhD program. I have already been preparing for my GRE before now.

Thank you.

Continue staying in your uncles house and saving money. Renting an apartment would eat your savings, my bro lived with my parents till he was like 37 and he saved up lots of money to start a very big business now he has a chain of stores and houses.
Always save

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: URGENT - In State Of Delimma by peedeeasobie(m): 1:48pm On Oct 06, 2021
ambr055i:
Please, I need your advice because right now I'm confused about where to go, it's a lifelong decision.

I just turned 34 last month, still living with my uncle, but no pressure on his part is a big house. Currently, I teach in a school where my net salary and my home lesson inclusive are approx. N 100000 a month. I have a master's degree in engineering, so I haven't put that certificate to use. I have a saving of 900k, it will be higher by December. Although it would have been more than that, I lost 400,000 to the detriment of a bad investment. Last two years, I had an illness that struck (ENT related), which doesn't have a cure. One of the symptoms is vertigo (a sensation of feeling off-balance). This made me change my mind about travelling. For a few months now, I haven't had the experience.

Firstly, leave my uncle's house, get an apartment. Use the rest of the money to start a business as a side hustle while working with the school.

Secondly, leave my uncle's house, get an apartment. Next, I invest my time in a tech skill (web dev, programming or data science).

Thirdly, travel to the US for my PhD program. I have already been preparing for my GRE before now.

Thank you.

What is your priority? Relationship?

My guy, don't let anybody pressure into leaving your uncle's house since he is not disturbing you.

If I'm in your shoes, I work my way out for PhD... when you come back, you will afford to stay in any apartment of your choice.

Meanwhile, start applying in places-private universities as a lecturer

1 Like

Re: URGENT - In State Of Delimma by Emmypure: 1:48pm On Oct 06, 2021
When you come back from dilemma, come meet me for state if lagos,Sapa dey hold here.
Re: URGENT - In State Of Delimma by TrincoMarley: 1:49pm On Oct 06, 2021
Go for your PHD.
A Masters degree holder in Engineering shouldn't be teaching with 100k per month, on a good day, but we're in Nigeria. So run while you can. To a better place where your qualifications can at least give you a better life, and you can take care of your health in the near future.

But if you feel Nigeria will be better for you, remain in your Uncle's house and develop those IT skills. Don't be in a rush to leave free accomodation yet. Not on 100k per month.
Re: URGENT - In State Of Delimma by project8(m): 1:49pm On Oct 06, 2021
Y not stay in your uncle's house, build yourself from there. If a lady truly loves you she can follow you anywhere and can endure your situation after all it's not permanent. Except if you have other reasons y you would want to move out. Ohh and the PhD ? 2million is too small to run a PhD here in Nigeria talk more of going to a foreign country with less than or even a million naira
Re: URGENT - In State Of Delimma by afrodoc2: 1:49pm On Oct 06, 2021
ambr055i:

Thank you.

Leave Zoogeria for the US and get your PhD.
Re: URGENT - In State Of Delimma by TVTKOKO(m): 1:49pm On Oct 06, 2021
Your Phd bro.. Sure bet
Re: URGENT - In State Of Delimma by Wahalaperson: 1:49pm On Oct 06, 2021
Baba, any opportunity to Jakpa, take it, I promise you won't regret it.
Re: URGENT - In State Of Delimma by MondayOsunbor(m): 1:50pm On Oct 06, 2021
ambr055i:

Thank you.

you have a way out this dump called Nigeria and you are wasting time
Re: URGENT - In State Of Delimma by dingbang(m): 1:50pm On Oct 06, 2021
Curious345:
brooooooooh...

Why are you thinking from down - up?
come and beat me in my house. I am eating chicken please, dont stress me
Re: URGENT - In State Of Delimma by mazzam11(f): 1:50pm On Oct 06, 2021
ambr055i:

Thank you.

Brother. Save more buy a car and join bolt. Be Your own boss. Let's say monthly you make 70k from bolt and your usual side lessons will make you like 50k I guess.
Re: URGENT - In State Of Delimma by UndauntedYOCA(f): 1:51pm On Oct 06, 2021
Stay in your uncle's house, divide the money and do business/businesses (don't put your eggs in one basket (I learnt the hard way) and continue teaching if it makes you happy.
You can always travel when you have sufficient funds.
Stay in your uncle's house as long as he isn't disturbing you and until you have more than enough to live well while on your own.
Moving out too early without enough money will bring you down and slow down the progress your business. It does more harm than good sef.
You go dey alright.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: URGENT - In State Of Delimma by hisexcellency34: 1:51pm On Oct 06, 2021
You mean Ronaldo De Lima??
Re: URGENT - In State Of Delimma by obamartins(m): 1:51pm On Oct 06, 2021
Stay in ur uncles' and build your funds for PhD. PhD ain't cheap, except u land a scholarship. Gather money, leave relationship, that shit is more expensive to maintain than a Mercedes Benz GLK.

5 Likes

Re: URGENT - In State Of Delimma by alizma: 1:51pm On Oct 06, 2021
mignone:
I really don't know which is best for u bt Since ur uncle doesn't have a problem with accommodating u like u said, what happened to staying there if plan A or B is the way? I say this cos renting an apartment will likely gulp abt half of ur savings.
I share your position. If any of the A or B is to be chosen, stay in your uncle's house and get things balanced first before moving out
Re: URGENT - In State Of Delimma by MondayOsunbor(m): 1:51pm On Oct 06, 2021
Dialpad:
Find a way out of this country... whichever way you can, just try

find your way out is same as sake first the kingdom of God all else will be added unto you

Nigeria is a dump
Re: URGENT - In State Of Delimma by aikyg(m): 1:52pm On Oct 06, 2021
If your uncle is not disturbing you, please continue to stay in that house until you are ready to start your own family.
Re: URGENT - In State Of Delimma by PointZerom: 1:52pm On Oct 06, 2021
ambr055i:

If you were in shoes which will you opt for. I think I'm too old staying with my uncle. It is depriving me of having a serious relationship, no lady is going to take a man who doesn't have his apartment. That's not the issue though, I'm more concerned about my financial situation.

If you want to set up a business pls, pls and pls again. REMAIN WITH YOUR UNCLE and grow the business. As the business flourishes every other thing will fall in place.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: URGENT - In State Of Delimma by Today007: 1:52pm On Oct 06, 2021
As a lady, I left home at 25. By the time I was 28, I had so much experience with responsibility such that settling down was no longer a challenge.
Leave and go stay on your own. Experiment first, role play with relationships and your siblings. I started with one room and grew to become bigger with hardwork, avoiding distraction and minding my business. I nor do pass my self. Be courageous cos this is your life.

6 Likes

Re: URGENT - In State Of Delimma by Cubeman: 1:53pm On Oct 06, 2021
Irrespective of plans and options, you need to move away from your brother's house. You are too old to be there.
Re: URGENT - In State Of Delimma by Akalia(m): 1:53pm On Oct 06, 2021
ambr055i:

Thank you.

900k is too meager a sum for running a doctorate degree in the states. I suggest you still stay put at your uncle's place and save up some more doh to get a place of your own and start a viable business.
Re: URGENT - In State Of Delimma by Limassol(m): 1:54pm On Oct 06, 2021
Go for your P.H.D. I suggest this 100%.
Re: URGENT - In State Of Delimma by AutoChick4U(f): 1:54pm On Oct 06, 2021
ambr055i:

If you were in shoes which will you opt for. I think I'm too old staying with my uncle. It is depriving me of having a serious relationship, no lady is going to take a man who doesn't have his apartment. That's not the issue though, I'm more concerned about my financial situation.
Travel out pls
Re: URGENT - In State Of Delimma by myonlineworld94: 1:55pm On Oct 06, 2021
*_Are you a seller ? Looking for where to list your products ? Search no more go to www.sellersmart.com.ng and list your products for free �
Be it land, cars � housing properties , *gold* bars, silvers, clothing,makeups kits,sport kits����� , electronics,real estates,home interior designs and exteriors building plans cloths shoes bags ����� music equipment�� and so on_*

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Why Relying On A Single Source Of Income Is Bad / Has Your Boss In The Office Ever Approached You? / Now That You’ve Received Your January Salary, What Next?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.