Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,120 members, 7,953,464 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 04:45 PM

I Can't Sleep At Night Please What Can I Do - Health (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / I Can't Sleep At Night Please What Can I Do (32537 Views)

What Helps You Sleep At Night? / Who Else Can't Sleep With The Lights On? / Blood Comes Out Of My Private Part At Night, Please Help!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Can't Sleep At Night Please What Can I Do by Greenerie(f): 10:33pm On Oct 28, 2021
So sorry darling.Ure still grieving,give urself time,gradually ur emotional wounds will heal..You really need to process ur feelings and don't hold back your tears and pain.

.While grieving,pray,sing,pour your heart out to God,ask him to comfort you,to help u and carry you through...if you pray this from depths of ur heart ,he will answer you.dont isolate urself from people,go out to places,just go, even if you sit alone...just leave the house and hang out... attend church services,where u interact with others..

Find a job or something to keep you busy, to help support urself and ur family.You will get better and better gradually,be patient.

Don't forget to pray and get closer to God,He will sustain u and send helpers to u.He is the comforter.My thoughts and prayers are with you this difficult period.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Can't Sleep At Night Please What Can I Do by Lovelash: 10:33pm On Oct 28, 2021
Sorry for your loss. May his soul rest in peace
In Jesus name.
Sleeplessness is one of the the things that happens with grief, give yourself time and your sleep will come back gradually. At such times, prayer and thanking God for everything most especially your late brother's life are of great help. Are you aware you can pray and ask God to make you have sound sleep? Try it, for it works.
May God console those he left behind in Jesus name. [q1uote author=joshawesome post=106488583]Good morning happy people of nairaland.

I will try to be brief as possible. During the lock down my elder brother was seriously ill, we all thought it normal malaria and typhoid but getting to the hospital he was diagnosed of kidney diseases at it last stage (CKD). We all brace up and gave him all the support needed during the stage from one dialysis section to another something thrice a week.

It became worse and no improvement at sight, I literally do all thing for him, from bathing to feeding and carry him around the hospital but he faith he will come out of it. During the process he used all of his life saving to the extend of collecting and seeking financial assistance from people because the doctor advice to undergo kidney transplants.

On 2 April 2021 we went from dialysis, nurses were complaining that I allow him to drink a lot of water because at that stage he have a daily water intake and also needed blood. He did the blood transfusion and the dialysis but he had a breathing issue, the nurse place him on breathing machine the oxygen got exhausted and he was normal.

We went home by 12am, on getting home we ask for water, I told him to wait because I can even hear noise of water around his thoracic cavity. He was having difficult I had to call one of his friend so that we can take him back to the hospital but he gave up the ghost and we bury him that the same day because that was his wish. Due to his name, I was confused and angry at myself and everyone that we lost him due to 5 million needed for the transplant.

Months later I was able to get over his death a bit and went back to school, wrote the exam and graduated with first class even though the examination I didn't prepared much due to what happened. It was just God hand at work ( It only a fool that say there is no God).

Now the problem is that I can't sleep and remember my brother death that I should have done more. His death is like 5 months from now but it still fresh in my memory recently. My brother play a vital role in my education from paying my fee and monthly allowance and advice. I was thinking of using drugs so that I can sleep at time but talk me out of it. Pls how can I re again myself and also am an introvert I don't have people to talk to and I hardly go out.[/quote]
Re: I Can't Sleep At Night Please What Can I Do by EUFX1: 10:34pm On Oct 28, 2021
Sorry for your loss and may he RIP
For your solution
There is always sleep for a tired man with a full stomach.. ..
Just make sure your are very tired..you have eaten well. Then take a good bath... You will sleep.
Re: I Can't Sleep At Night Please What Can I Do by Frenzy024: 10:35pm On Oct 28, 2021
U need to see a therapist bro
Re: I Can't Sleep At Night Please What Can I Do by Bigii(m): 10:36pm On Oct 28, 2021
joshawesome:
Good morning happy people of nairaland.

I will try to be brief as possible. During the lock down my elder brother was seriously ill, we all thought it normal malaria and typhoid but getting to the hospital he was diagnosed of kidney diseases at it last stage (CKD). We all brace up and gave him all the support needed during the stage from one dialysis section to another something thrice a week.

It became worse and no improvement at sight, I literally do all thing for him, from bathing to feeding and carry him around the hospital but he faith he will come out of it. During the process he used all of his life saving to the extend of collecting and seeking financial assistance from people because the doctor advice to undergo kidney transplants.

On 2 April 2021 we went from dialysis, nurses were complaining that I allow him to drink a lot of water because at that stage he have a daily water intake and also needed blood. He did the blood transfusion and the dialysis but he had a breathing issue, the nurse place him on breathing machine the oxygen got exhausted and he was normal.

We went home by 12am, on getting home we ask for water, I told him to wait because I can even hear noise of water around his thoracic cavity. He was having difficult I had to call one of his friend so that we can take him back to the hospital but he gave up the ghost and we bury him that the same day because that was his wish. Due to his name, I was confused and angry at myself and everyone that we lost him due to 5 million needed for the transplant.

Months later I was able to get over his death a bit and went back to school, wrote the exam and graduated with first class even though the examination I didn't prepared much due to what happened. It was just God hand at work ( It only a fool that say there is no God).

Now the problem is that I can't sleep and remember my brother death that I should have done more. His death is like 5 months from now but it still fresh in my memory recently. My brother play a vital role in my education from paying my fee and monthly allowance and advice. I was thinking of using drugs so that I can sleep at time but talk me out of it. Pls how can I re again myself and also am an introvert I don't have people to talk to and I hardly go out.

I am crying already. I feel your pains bro. I wish I am close to you to talk to you. Be strong and think less. Never have I felt so deeply sorry for someone as I am feeling right now.
Re: I Can't Sleep At Night Please What Can I Do by Mbaku(m): 10:37pm On Oct 28, 2021
shogsman:

Look at the crap you're spewing,your grunts have normalized fraud like it's acceptable, you think everybody is a petty fraudster like y'all
And look at the crap you also wrote because you failed to read his follow up messages.. Nigerians.. You only quoted this because it’s against your “ethics” per say.. make una try Dey read

Re: I Can't Sleep At Night Please What Can I Do by schoolboymatt(m): 10:37pm On Oct 28, 2021
better format
guy man! grin cheesy

3 Likes

Re: I Can't Sleep At Night Please What Can I Do by itubaba001: 10:38pm On Oct 28, 2021
To help yourself go google about anxiety and trauma , it's effect and how to overcome them . By the time your have self awareness of these thing .. you will be more relax and sleep will come ... You will even complain of oversleeping . Just relax op ,with time u will be fine .
Re: I Can't Sleep At Night Please What Can I Do by SATANlST: 10:39pm On Oct 28, 2021
this is a pathetic story, i hope u find peace soon,
but bro how u take graduate with first class for this type of english?

[s]wrote the exam and graduated with first class[/s]

3 Likes

Re: I Can't Sleep At Night Please What Can I Do by medriano: 10:39pm On Oct 28, 2021
I’m sorry about your brother, may his soul find rest.
You haven’t still come to terms about your brother’s death.
Now, you feel guilty and sad cos you think you didn’t do much for him. You did your best and I’m sure your brother knows that and appreciates your effort.
Stop beating yourself up. Your brother would want you to be happy and move on.
You should see a doctor so they know what help to render.
You’ll be fine. Stay blessed.
Re: I Can't Sleep At Night Please What Can I Do by emmykk(m): 10:39pm On Oct 28, 2021
joshawesome:

Now the problem is that I can't sleep and remember my brother death that I should have done more. His death is like 5 months from now but it still fresh in my memory recently. My brother play a vital role in my education from paying my fee and monthly allowance and advice. I was thinking of using drugs so that I can sleep at time but talk me out of it. Pls how can I re again myself and also am an introvert I don't have people to talk to and I hardly go out.
So unfortunate that he died of such a painful death caused by vital organ wahala.
may his soul rest in the lord.

As for you who can not sleep because of his memory and for not doing much this is what I have for you.
You can't mourn someone completely in one day or years they live in our memory forever.

He is gone now ,you that is alive should take care of yourself by making sure you don't over think and cause another sickness to yourself.
To help yourself a little play games online,stay where people are much like church, brothel,or company of friends.

The only thing you own your brother is to assist his kids if he has any and pray for his soul.
Death is inevitable,you and all of us will die one day we need God to help us to atleast live long.
Re: I Can't Sleep At Night Please What Can I Do by medriano: 10:40pm On Oct 28, 2021
mastravel:
Somehow for a "First class" graduate.
You should learn how to proofread before you post next time.

Oh please, let the OP be. Can’t you see he’s mourning? Some of you are just nasty.
Re: I Can't Sleep At Night Please What Can I Do by Nobody: 10:41pm On Oct 28, 2021
Re: I Can't Sleep At Night Please What Can I Do by Kellie069(m): 10:42pm On Oct 28, 2021
Omo I pray you find peace of mind! Sorry about your loss,
Re: I Can't Sleep At Night Please What Can I Do by chukwudi3(m): 10:43pm On Oct 28, 2021
[Take one spoon of native oil or drink a liquid milkquote author=joshawesome post=106488583]Good morning happy people of nairaland.

Now the problem is that I can't sleep and remember my brother death that I should have done more. His death is like 5 months from now but it still fresh in my memory recently. My brother play a vital role in my education from paying my fee and monthly allowance and advice. I was thinking of using drugs so that I can sleep at time but talk me out of it. Pls how can I re again myself and also am an introvert I don't have people to talk to and I hardly go out.[/quote]
Re: I Can't Sleep At Night Please What Can I Do by Alecheni: 10:43pm On Oct 28, 2021
My dear sorry for your loss,see try to listed to music or watch movies whenever the thought come over to your mind,those two things will bring sleep to your face.
Re: I Can't Sleep At Night Please What Can I Do by house10s: 10:44pm On Oct 28, 2021
joshawesome:

u brother died, but u are quick to jump on insult because u pass ur exams by defending God shey.

defender

black man mentality is really caved

2 Likes

Re: I Can't Sleep At Night Please What Can I Do by chukwudi3(m): 10:45pm On Oct 28, 2021
Take one spoon of red oil or liquid milk[color=#990000][/color]
joshawesome:

Re: I Can't Sleep At Night Please What Can I Do by dailytells: 10:47pm On Oct 28, 2021
Try and sleep because Las Las u will get high BP

Meanwhile is you don't want to sleep know that Mark Zuckerberg has changed the Facebook name.

https://dailytells.com.ng/breaking-facebook-changes-name-to-meta/

Re: I Can't Sleep At Night Please What Can I Do by Nobody: 10:48pm On Oct 28, 2021
It's so heartbreaking reading this...

I'm sorry for what you're passing through...

Remember, it is normal to grieve...

Take a short vacation, and grieve him.

If you want to cry, please do. Release the emotions, and understand that death is something that awaits us all.

Sooner or later, we're all going to die, young or old.

Life is not fair. It has never been fair...

Don't do any drugs... Allow yourself to grieve...

Gradually, you'll be able to move on...

If you need someone to talk to, please send me a DM.
Re: I Can't Sleep At Night Please What Can I Do by Nebutaman(m): 10:49pm On Oct 28, 2021
Dear friend, I am happy that you believe in God and I am sure you have prayed to God for help in the way you know how but still have the problem of sleeping. I don't know your religion however there is a non-directional prayer you can do that will help you. Simply sing HU in the night for 20 to 30 minutes at bedtime preferably in your usual sleeping position. HU is a holy and sacred for God. It is sung in a long drawn out manner with the outgoing breath like HUUUUUUUUUUUU. First take a deep breath and exhale gradually. Do that for about three times and then at the fourth try sing HU. Do it quietly and with reverence to God. HU has healed a lot of hearts and helped many find peace and divine love in their lives. For more information about HU, kindly visit www.eckankar.org or search for HU on YouTube.

Thank you and remain blessed.

May the blessings be
Re: I Can't Sleep At Night Please What Can I Do by chukel(m): 10:53pm On Oct 28, 2021
Classical onset sign of depression. Seek medical help before it gets worse.
Btw, i don't believe the first class part of the thread.
Re: I Can't Sleep At Night Please What Can I Do by Alfamann: 10:53pm On Oct 28, 2021
joshawesome:
It was just God hand at work ( It only a fool that say there is no God).

THIS^ is your problem.
Re: I Can't Sleep At Night Please What Can I Do by Weallbloom: 10:54pm On Oct 28, 2021
You are dealing with the loss of your brother and going through a period of mourning. I think the problem is that you are concerned about the way your brother took ill and died. You somewhat feel that it is cruel and wondering why life will visit such punishment on him. This has shaken your faith in everything, including life. But know that his death wasn't a punishment. It is just a translation.
Your brother is continuing existence in another place. Death isn't a punishment. Your brother made the choice to end this current lifetime because the body wasn't fit for use to sustain him anymore. He is Soul and Soul does not die.
You said that you're an introvert. But to come to terms with this transition, you need to talk to someone. A professional person, not just friends. If you are Christian, I suggest you find a Catholic church and book an appointment with a priest. Tell him you want to talk and then talk. Open your heart and express your feelings, fears and concerns. Your desires too.
As for not sleeping, follow this link www.hearhu.org and learn about HU, an ancient mantra that can help you. Follow the direction and sing it to release your inner tensions, and help you solve your daily problems. It can make you more calm, strong and centered. Chanting HU heals, brings inner guidance, opens your dreams, and replaces fear with love. You can play the audio on the website of people singing HU. It's really helpful.
What I suggested for you helped my mother after my younger brother died on the day of the last presidential election. She was heartbroken, gave up on everything and couldn't sleep. She developed high blood pressure. But following this steps helped her recover.
Oh, when you sing HU, subtly ask that you wish to see your brother, just to know he's doing ok. Please be sincere about your request. Watch your dreams, you will see him.
You will be fine.
Re: I Can't Sleep At Night Please What Can I Do by Beey(f): 10:56pm On Oct 28, 2021
joshawesome:

Grief is a tough journey to walk but you must take it each day at a time. It’s not unusual to be put on sleeping pills after loss of a loved one. Remember sleep is very important not only for your body’s immune system but your mental health. Constant lack of sleep is not something you should take lightly. If you can afford, I’d advise you talk with a doctor about this who may give you a sleep aid. You may also be referred to a psychotherapist who will help you deal with grief. Please also let friends help you. What do you do during your free time? Staying indoors will only worsen your grief. Try jogging or gym, probably a class for something you enjoy doing such as cooking , coding etc. Also talk with people. I am so sorry for the loss of your brother. I hope you overcome this tough stage.

1 Like

Re: I Can't Sleep At Night Please What Can I Do by Nobody: 10:57pm On Oct 28, 2021
Op, take heart. With time and prayers, you'll get over it.
Also, you have to stop blaming yourself for his death.
Re: I Can't Sleep At Night Please What Can I Do by Nekky5(f): 10:57pm On Oct 28, 2021
Sorry for the loss of your brother! The pain is much I understand but you have to accept that his time has come. Nothing in life actually takes God unawares. He alone holds the key to everything on earth. Stop blaming yourself and anyone around you as regards the negligence towards his health. Help would have come if his end has not been destined at that time. Look out for all the good things he did and achieved in his life time and press on to uphold those good legacies he left behind. All is well. We will all exit this world someday but should be on the note that we lived well on earth. You will be fine!!
Re: I Can't Sleep At Night Please What Can I Do by spiceadole: 10:57pm On Oct 28, 2021
joshawesome:

God helped you pass exam.. but could not heal your brother.
You are That FOOL.
Continue deceiving yourself

1 Like

Re: I Can't Sleep At Night Please What Can I Do by Calibrator: 10:57pm On Oct 28, 2021
Took me like five years after the death of my mother to cure insomnia and we weren't even best of friends.
Re: I Can't Sleep At Night Please What Can I Do by Easylifelomo(m): 10:57pm On Oct 28, 2021
Sorry o, may his Soul Rest in Perfect peace

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Unvaccinated Tiktoker Begs People To Get Vaccinated, Before Dying Days Later / I Need A Very Big Peni*s Pleas Please / 55-year-old Father Of Six Commits Suicide In Ibadan Over Economic Hardship

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 96
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.