Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,757 members, 7,824,176 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:59 AM

I Can't Sleep At Night Please What Can I Do - Health (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / I Can't Sleep At Night Please What Can I Do (32237 Views)

What Helps You Sleep At Night? / Who Else Can't Sleep With The Lights On? / Blood Comes Out Of My Private Part At Night, Please Help!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Can't Sleep At Night Please What Can I Do by Nobody: 10:58pm On Oct 28, 2021
Warlord2014:

You did everything possible for a brother in such situation...the only thing you didn't have was money to fight the sickness.

You being unable to sleep is for a reason... Just stay awake and figure out a permanent solution to poverty.
5mil is just a token to a lot of Nigerians out there, but wickedness could not allow them to render a help.

Stay awake, stay strong and figure out a permanent solution to poverty.

Sorry for the lose bro.
Wickedness. Lol.
Re: I Can't Sleep At Night Please What Can I Do by Donjovinco: 10:58pm On Oct 28, 2021
If that is the case is simple now, start to do sports and kind of overstretched yourself a bit.And if want more insight follow articles from this link I m dropping I think you will be better.https://jovinletter.com/2021/10/28/5-unusual-secretes-that-can-sustain-your-marriage
Re: I Can't Sleep At Night Please What Can I Do by SeriouslySense(m): 10:59pm On Oct 28, 2021
Whenever i have difficulty sleeping, i pick up a book on some skills, or if i am not relaxed, i watch something, drugs are not advised, rather you can take some green tea, or herbal tea. smiley smiley smiley
Re: I Can't Sleep At Night Please What Can I Do by Patrioticman007(m): 11:00pm On Oct 28, 2021
Brunosamel:
There are some scars that will never heal no matter how much you try I'm sorry for your loose... Seems to be you have a sleeping disorder because of your trauma maybe you should visit a doctor or a therapist if you financially stable but if you are not then, do this instead of trying hard to sleep why dont you do the opposite by staying awake remove the thought of not being able to sleep and replace I don't want to sleep you will be shock about the result.... I came across this technique in a book may be it might work for, maybe not and finally don't take a sleeping pills cuz it not worth it....

The technique you mentioned ( about not wanting to sleep) is an old tradition. The op should try reading the holy Quran at night, sleep will visit him before he finish reading one or two surahs. This a well recognized fact.
Re: I Can't Sleep At Night Please What Can I Do by mytty: 11:01pm On Oct 28, 2021
My dear, WATCH PASTOR CHRIS TOMORROW, HEALING STREAMS LIVE HEALING SERVICE WITH PASTOR CHRIS, 6 PM TOMORROW FRIDAY TO 31ST SUNDAY, YOU MUST SURELY COME BACK WITH TESTIMONY,
IT'S MASSIVE,
BRING ALL THE SICK PERSONS YOU KNOW,
THERE ARE HEALING CENTRES ALL OVER THE WORLD, YOU CAN ALSO WATCH VIA SOCIAL MEDIA, LOVEWORLD RADIO, LIVETVAPP,
YOU CAN'T AFFORD TO MISS THIS PROGRAM,
IT'S THE PROGRAM OF THE NOW, selah

Re: I Can't Sleep At Night Please What Can I Do by Goldiness: 11:04pm On Oct 28, 2021
You have to work on your mind, and pray to God to help you through it all. Sing songs, dance, go out and meet friends, talk to people in church, immediately after church don't be in hurry to go home, sit down and look for who to talk to, join groups and use your extra time, read books, watch films, just find something distracting, before you know it you will heal. Look for people and suitations that will help you improve and sleep well at night, I tell you. And when it's night read and meditate on God's word, the Bible it will help you alot.
Re: I Can't Sleep At Night Please What Can I Do by Prettyclown: 11:06pm On Oct 28, 2021
May his soul rest in the blossom of the lord, bro he is gone there's notin, absolutely notin u and i can do, u need to pull yourself together and face reality, especially now that u are a graduate, focus on building yourself, i know it's not easy, u just have to move on, may the lord give u the strength, might and faith to overcome ur sadness... Amen
joshawesome:
Good morning happy people of nairaland.

I will try to be brief as possible. During the lock down my elder brother was seriously ill, we all thought it normal malaria and typhoid but getting to the hospital he was diagnosed of kidney diseases at it last stage (CKD). We all brace up and gave him all the support needed during the stage from one dialysis section to another something thrice a week.

It became worse and no improvement at sight, I literally do all thing for him, from bathing to feeding and carry him around the hospital but he faith he will come out of it. During the process he used all of his life saving to the extend of collecting and seeking financial assistance from people because the doctor advice to undergo kidney transplants.

On 2 April 2021 we went from dialysis, nurses were complaining that I allow him to drink a lot of water because at that stage he have a daily water intake and also needed blood. He did the blood transfusion and the dialysis but he had a breathing issue, the nurse place him on breathing machine the oxygen got exhausted and he was normal.

We went home by 12am, on getting home we ask for water, I told him to wait because I can even hear noise of water around his thoracic cavity. He was having difficult I had to call one of his friend so that we can take him back to the hospital but he gave up the ghost and we bury him that the same day because that was his wish. Due to his name, I was confused and angry at myself and everyone that we lost him due to 5 million needed for the transplant.

Months later I was able to get over his death a bit and went back to school, wrote the exam and graduated with first class even though the examination I didn't prepared much due to what happened. It was just God hand at work ( It only a fool that say there is no God).

Now the problem is that I can't sleep and remember my brother death that I should have done more. His death is like 5 months from now but it still fresh in my memory recently. My brother play a vital role in my education from paying my fee and monthly allowance and advice. I was thinking of using drugs so that I can sleep at time but talk me out of it. Pls how can I re again myself and also am an introvert I don't have people to talk to and I hardly go out.
Re: I Can't Sleep At Night Please What Can I Do by ugotaya: 11:12pm On Oct 28, 2021
joshawesome:

I will try to be brief as possible. During the lock down my elder brother was seriously ill, we all thought it normal malaria and typhoid but getting to the hospital he was diagnosed of kidney diseases at it last stage (CKD). We all brace up and gave him all the support needed during the stage from one dialysis section to another something thrice a week.

It became worse and no improvement at sight, I literally do all thing for him, from bathing to feeding and carry him around the hospital but he faith he will come out of it. During the process he used all of his life saving to the extend of collecting and seeking financial assistance from people because the doctor advice to undergo kidney transplants.

On 2 April 2021 we went from dialysis, nurses were complaining that I allow him to drink a lot of water because at that stage he have a daily water intake and also needed blood. He did the blood transfusion and the dialysis but he had a breathing issue, the nurse place him on breathing machine the oxygen got exhausted and he was normal.

We went home by 12am, on getting home we ask for water, I told him to wait because I can even hear noise of water around his thoracic cavity. He was having difficult I had to call one of his friend so that we can take him back to the hospital but he gave up the ghost and we bury him that the same day because that was his wish. Due to his name, I was confused and angry at myself and everyone that we lost him due to 5 million needed for the transplant.

Months later I was able to get over his death a bit and went back to school, wrote the exam and graduated with first class even though the examination I didn't prepared much due to what happened. It was just God hand at work ( It only a fool that say there is no God).

Now the problem is that I can't sleep and remember my brother death that I should have done more. His death is like 5 months from now but it still fresh in my memory recently. My brother play a vital role in my education from paying my fee and monthly allowance and advice. I was thinking of using drugs so that I can sleep at time but talk me out of it. Pls how can I re again myself and also am an introvert I don't have people to talk to and I hardly go out.

What your brother will wish for you now is to be strong and be yourself once again. you're slightly going into depression which he won't be happy about. why don't you turn all this life experience around and let it be your turning point for good health, good life and success so that wherever your brother look down on you, he will be so proud for the man you will become.

When life throws you lemon please make lemonade out of it. Its not easy but you can sail through it and God will keep you safe and sound all the way.

Take heart and move on.
Re: I Can't Sleep At Night Please What Can I Do by Aremson14(m): 11:15pm On Oct 28, 2021
I got over mine by remembering one day I will also go just lyk everybody will go so whats the need of worrying, what will be will be. Its not easy even till now it still affects me, but I just try to take my mind off remembering.
Re: I Can't Sleep At Night Please What Can I Do by jubrilELsudan: 11:15pm On Oct 28, 2021
IT'S OK TO GRIEF.

IT'S OK TO CRY.

IT'S OK TO BE IN DEPRESSION.

IT'S OK TO HAVE PTSD.

IT'S OK TO FEEL GUILTY THAT YOU COULD HAVE DONE MORE FOR HIM .

THERE IS NO TIME FRAME TO GRIEF.....GRIEF FOR AS LONG AS YOU CAN.

ALL YOU DID WAS ALL YOU DID AND ALL YOU DID WAS ENOUGH.

YOUR BROTHER IS IN A BETTER PLACE AWAY FROM THIS WICKED WORLD.

A PLACE WHERE THERE IS NO SICKNESS....A PLACE WHERE DEATH HAVE NO POWER OVER HIM.

THERE IS NO GREATER JOY THAN TO BE ABSENT FROM THE BODY AND BE PRESENT WITH THE LORD.

Re: I Can't Sleep At Night Please What Can I Do by Johnsown1(m): 11:17pm On Oct 28, 2021
Sorry for your sad ordeal and may his soul rest in peace,Amen. I will advice you to visit a doctor or you can try to be more busy than your are now by getting a job and little intake of alcohol helps sometimes.
Re: I Can't Sleep At Night Please What Can I Do by Calitoscassius(m): 11:18pm On Oct 28, 2021
Guilt, guilt, guilt..

Stop feeling guilty it is not your fault ya brother died.
Re: I Can't Sleep At Night Please What Can I Do by handyman90: 11:20pm On Oct 28, 2021
It shall be well with you brother, may God take over the situation and comfort you in every way.. Amen
Re: I Can't Sleep At Night Please What Can I Do by Nobody: 11:23pm On Oct 28, 2021
Wick3:
No offence intended, but after reading your post and your replies to comments, I somehow doubt your "first class" claim.
LOL grin
Re: I Can't Sleep At Night Please What Can I Do by OAKSFIVEFARMS: 11:29pm On Oct 28, 2021
Re: I Can't Sleep At Night Please What Can I Do by numtums(m): 11:29pm On Oct 28, 2021
Brunosamel:
There are some scars that will never heal no matter how much you try I'm sorry for your loose... Seems to be you have a sleeping disorder because of your trauma maybe you should visit a doctor or a therapist if you financially stable but if you are not then, do this instead of trying hard to sleep why dont you do the opposite by staying awake remove the thought of not being able to sleep and replace I don't want to sleep you will be shock about the result.... I came across this technique in a book may be it might work for, maybe not and finally don't take a sleeping pills cuz it not worth it....
What's the name of the book?
Re: I Can't Sleep At Night Please What Can I Do by Yktv: 11:33pm On Oct 28, 2021
Losing a loved one is like an amputation. You heal eventually but a part of you is gone forever. What would have made your brother happy? Try to do those things. Time heals all, register at a gym and work out daily, you'll be fine eventually. Godspeed
Re: I Can't Sleep At Night Please What Can I Do by Evercurious(f): 11:33pm On Oct 28, 2021
joshawesome:
Swinol what what does it do and I hope it won't cause any health problem

Pls dont take any drugs for what you re doing through (insomnia). All is see is that you re fast losing the zeal (stream ) for things around you.. Nothing seem to matter anymore. But you ve got to move on.. Pls be careful so you dont fall into depression.. Try ,come out and start talking to people. It ll help you get over the shock of your brother's death.

May the Peace of God that passes all understanding be with you
Re: I Can't Sleep At Night Please What Can I Do by Obamise(f): 11:33pm On Oct 28, 2021
Depression can kill.

Everyone, I NEED YOUR HELP.

It's hard getting help in the country but if you can help in any way or this way I'll appreciate.

I'm participating in #FCMBFlexxtern. To meet up, I need votes to push up my chance of being chosen.
3705 votes to go

Vote for me, pls. It only takes 1 minute.

#FCMBFlexxtern5: https://apply.fcmb.com/flexxtern/contest/flexxtern5/submission/790/

Thanks a lot�‍♀️
help me tell a friend by reposting
Re: I Can't Sleep At Night Please What Can I Do by ModelLook(m): 11:35pm On Oct 28, 2021
Why is this post just making Front Page now after the OP posted since 6th Oct, 2021.

When he needed help was when all these advice would have been needed not now.

I feel he would have gotten the answers he seeks then when he needed them the most.

It is well with you. Your condition is a case of PTSD (Post Traumatic Stress Disorder).

You will be fine.

As for your brother, am so sorry to hear about what happened to him. There was a someone who had Chronic Kidney Failure (On Dialysis) also. Was given 3 Months to live if the person doesnt transplant aswell. They needed about 21Million Naira to fly to India for the transpant but today, this person is Alive. No Transplant. The person's Kidney Regenerated back on its own by itself and Healed Up. The Doctors were shocked. The person's has the Before and After test result done.

What happened? The person met someone.
That someone introduced the person to something to take. This person took it and it worked and it Regenerated the persons entire KIDNEYS, LIVER AND HEART (The person heart use to be Enlarged but it healed along too).

Along the line, this person's Genotype changed too aswell from AS to AA. And everything the person spent was not even up to 1 Million Naira atall.

This is a TRUE LIFE STORY. No Jokes!!!

I just feel that God has a reason for everything and why things happen.

I wish I knew u before now, I would have helped your brother but God knows best.
Re: I Can't Sleep At Night Please What Can I Do by federal9: 11:37pm On Oct 28, 2021
joshawesome:

Chat moderator is your calling. Pm me to link you.
Re: I Can't Sleep At Night Please What Can I Do by IMPARTIAL: 11:40pm On Oct 28, 2021
Commit your problems to God.

He will surely sort you out. Believe me!
Re: I Can't Sleep At Night Please What Can I Do by snoopz: 11:41pm On Oct 28, 2021
Go to the hospital and visit a counselor...
There are things you need to get off your chest. Do that and thank me later
Re: I Can't Sleep At Night Please What Can I Do by Stallione(m): 11:49pm On Oct 28, 2021
U need to take mkpuru mmili morning and night grin
Re: I Can't Sleep At Night Please What Can I Do by NwaOhafia: 11:54pm On Oct 28, 2021
joshawesome:

Take heart bro, I understand just how you feel. I lost my brother 31st Jan and the incident is still fresh in my mind.

I am always angry at myself and always thinking I would have done more.

I still find it hard staying alone and I hardly go out, now I brought two of my friends to stay with me and they driving me crazy.

It got to a point I felt like asking God why do he give us love ones if they will go this way and leave us with so much hurt.

My brother was full of dreams but in everything we give thanks

1 Like

Re: I Can't Sleep At Night Please What Can I Do by geezynoni: 11:59pm On Oct 28, 2021
You will be fine las las... mingle with people.
Re: I Can't Sleep At Night Please What Can I Do by frustratedlife: 12:03am On Oct 29, 2021
Sorry for the loss bro
Re: I Can't Sleep At Night Please What Can I Do by EngrSaks(m): 12:29am On Oct 29, 2021
Sorry about your situation, what helps me to sleep soundly is listening to this youtube page at night, all night. Just relax and let it play

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JGt27plghpk
Re: I Can't Sleep At Night Please What Can I Do by Zagee: 12:30am On Oct 29, 2021
Process of grief, been on this path for 3years now and still can't sleep sometimes when you remember lost loved ones. It's a hard process you just have to get used to.
Re: I Can't Sleep At Night Please What Can I Do by Nobody: 12:47am On Oct 29, 2021
joshawesome:
Thank very much how do pass through that stage. I even stay at his house everything just keep on reminding me of him. Something I felt the world was wicked, five million to save a life but no one helped but they are those that spent that amount at a blink of eye well I remember his word no one hold u anything
Sorry for your loss .may God comfort you . even thou you drop the 5m for the transplant, there's still possibility that he may still give up the ghost . cause our medical practitioner in naija are very mean . most times they'll know that this person can't make it but still they'll still collect their own money.. Same way they did to my uncles twin . the little boy later died after spending alot of money .
Re: I Can't Sleep At Night Please What Can I Do by Nobody: 12:56am On Oct 29, 2021
Sorry for your loss. You are still grieving, get into therapy if you can. May the Lord continue to comfort you.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

14-Year-Old Girl In Owerri Is HIV Positive After She Was Sexually Abused (Photos / Senegal Confirms First Coronavirus Case, Patient Is A French Man / Mosquito Farm Owner Believes That Enzymes From Mosquitoes May Cure HIV/AIDS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.