Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,668 members, 7,955,436 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 05:36 AM

I Can't Sleep At Night Please What Can I Do - Health (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / I Can't Sleep At Night Please What Can I Do (32548 Views)

What Helps You Sleep At Night? / Who Else Can't Sleep With The Lights On? / Blood Comes Out Of My Private Part At Night, Please Help!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Can't Sleep At Night Please What Can I Do by 15ssDRIVE(m): 1:00am On Oct 29, 2021
Always remember you must not die like this, meaning you need to do everything to make you stay alive, with your heads up.

Mingle
Re: I Can't Sleep At Night Please What Can I Do by PeachtreeReside(f): 1:13am On Oct 29, 2021
In your troubles, you still found the energy to be snarky by including the only a fool believes there is no God... Nigerian Christians....

My condolence on your brother's passing. May your healing come at the appropriate time.

Why do we find it difficult adhering to Medical Practitioners advice though? Your not keeping his water intake low as advised by the nurses was wrong.

Stay strong.
Re: I Can't Sleep At Night Please What Can I Do by McOluOmo: 1:21am On Oct 29, 2021
Benbisco:

So sorry about your loss.

Whatever you do, please do not take any substance to induce sleep otherwise you will become addicted to and completely dependent on it .

However, check this out :

Psalm 127:2 KJV
It is vain for you to rise up early, to sit up late, to eat the bread of sorrows: for so he giveth his beloved sleep.

Blessings!
hw can i like this ur comment 1k times?

Re: I Can't Sleep At Night Please What Can I Do by DrFunmisticGlow: 1:33am On Oct 29, 2021
joshawesome:
Good morning happy people of nairaland.

I will try to be brief as possible. During the lock down my elder brother was seriously ill, we all thought it normal malaria and typhoid but getting to the hospital he was diagnosed of kidney diseases at it last stage (CKD). We all brace up and gave him all the support needed during the stage from one dialysis section to another something thrice a week.

It became worse and no improvement at sight, I literally do all thing for him, from bathing to feeding and carry him around the hospital but he faith he will come out of it. During the process he used all of his life saving to the extend of collecting and seeking financial assistance from people because the doctor advice to undergo kidney transplants.

On 2 April 2021 we went from dialysis, nurses were complaining that I allow him to drink a lot of water because at that stage he have a daily water intake and also needed blood. He did the blood transfusion and the dialysis but he had a breathing issue, the nurse place him on breathing machine the oxygen got exhausted and he was normal.

We went home by 12am, on getting home we ask for water, I told him to wait because I can even hear noise of water around his thoracic cavity. He was having difficult I had to call one of his friend so that we can take him back to the hospital but he gave up the ghost and we bury him that the same day because that was his wish. Due to his name, I was confused and angry at myself and everyone that we lost him due to 5 million needed for the transplant.

Months later I was able to get over his death a bit and went back to school, wrote the exam and graduated with first class even though the examination I didn't prepared much due to what happened. It was just God hand at work ( It only a fool that say there is no God).

Now the problem is that I can't sleep and remember my brother death that I should have done more. His death is like 5 months from now but it still fresh in my memory recently. My brother play a vital role in my education from paying my fee and monthly allowance and advice. I was thinking of using drugs so that I can sleep at time but talk me out of it. Pls how can I re again myself and also am an introvert I don't have people to talk to and I hardly go out.
sorry about the loss of your brother.

you are grieving. I would advise going to a doctor to get sleeping medication, but he will only give you for a short while probably a week max because their long term use will make sleeplessness (isonmia) worse. You should also go to your school counselor or a psychologist to help with the grieving process. I just lost my grandma a few weeks ago, and am so busy planning the burial, I have not had time to grieve and process the feelings of her death.

Do you know that psychiatrists also help treat isommia?!
Re: I Can't Sleep At Night Please What Can I Do by WantsandMore: 2:09am On Oct 29, 2021
Lifestyle changes while you mourn… intermittent fasting while you cut down carbs & do a lot of fat based diet & veggies & exercise too…
Re: I Can't Sleep At Night Please What Can I Do by Ahulu(m): 2:20am On Oct 29, 2021
So sorry for your loss.The feelings will ease overtime. Meanwhile, rely on God to give you the inner peace to cope through prayer. May you find comfort in Him.
Re: I Can't Sleep At Night Please What Can I Do by Desusi: 2:22am On Oct 29, 2021
Its a pity my friend, its one of those things that accompany this life's journey. Your inability to sleep certainly was because of you lost brother. Sorry for the lost.Cheer up.l experience same when l lost my wife in 2017 until l remarried recently. The question is,have you been born again? I mean,be a child of God?Are you a Christian? Then,cleave unto Christ, find a Bible believing church and fellowship with people of God,then maintain a steady prayer lifestyle. Anytime you wake up in the night take up your issues to God, sincerely, your life can never remained same.
Re: I Can't Sleep At Night Please What Can I Do by Originalsly: 2:28am On Oct 29, 2021
When you have problems on your mind you cannot sleep. From your write up it seems like you strongly believe your brother didn't have to die..... if only N5 million raised. Allow me to take your mind somewhere else. I'll pretend your brother really had bad kidneys .... did the hospital ever ask anyone in the family to offer a kidney? I wouldn't be surprised if many at that hospital are told they need kidney. Do you know the price for kidneys?... and the worldwide demand? Was your brother buried with both kidneys? That 5 million would've done nothing to change the outcome. Did you find out if they.ever done kidney transplant?... and where are the patients now? You did your best .... like a brother is supposed to do. If you didn't try... then I can underst and why your conscience would not let you rest. When your brother comes to mind ... think about his positives and most if all... to live an upright life that would've made him proud ... be mindful of what you do and say so that his time and money and teachings shall not be in vain. Make him proud.
Re: I Can't Sleep At Night Please What Can I Do by sammirano2: 2:31am On Oct 29, 2021
Op. So sorry for your loss. It will wear off. How old was tour brother?
Re: I Can't Sleep At Night Please What Can I Do by manee2(m): 2:45am On Oct 29, 2021
Homeboiy:
The more your trying the remove your mind from thinking about him

The most you will think about him.

Use that time of the night to start learning how to bomb clients

E go help you

Not funny
Re: I Can't Sleep At Night Please What Can I Do by africandollar: 3:06am On Oct 29, 2021
Na first class dey write all dis kain dirty English? Fear God nau! angry

1 Like

Re: I Can't Sleep At Night Please What Can I Do by Jamenzy: 3:20am On Oct 29, 2021
I will advice you go for check up most especially your BP and your sugar level and do some exercises like juggling to free your mind because you have so many thought running through your mind. You can ask Google for help as well. Sorry for your loss.
Re: I Can't Sleep At Night Please What Can I Do by nijanigga: 3:35am On Oct 29, 2021
Go get thyme herbs and make thyme tea ,you will sleep like a baby watch how to make it on YouTube
Re: I Can't Sleep At Night Please What Can I Do by iyke649(m): 3:37am On Oct 29, 2021
joshawesome:

I will try to be brief as possible. During the lock down my elder brother was seriously ill, we all thought it normal malaria and typhoid but getting to the hospital he was diagnosed of kidney diseases at it last stage (CKD). We all brace up and gave him all the support needed during the stage from one dialysis section to another something thrice a week.

It became worse and no improvement at sight, I literally do all thing for him, from bathing to feeding and carry him around the hospital but he faith he will come out of it. During the process he used all of his life saving to the extend of collecting and seeking financial assistance from people because the doctor advice to undergo kidney transplants.

On 2 April 2021 we went from dialysis, nurses were complaining that I allow him to drink a lot of water because at that stage he have a daily water intake and also needed blood. He did the blood transfusion and the dialysis but he had a breathing issue, the nurse place him on breathing machine the oxygen got exhausted and he was normal.

We went home by 12am, on getting home we ask for water, I told him to wait because I can even hear noise of water around his thoracic cavity. He was having difficult I had to call one of his friend so that we can take him back to the hospital but he gave up the ghost and we bury him that the same day because that was his wish. Due to his name, I was confused and angry at myself and everyone that we lost him due to 5 million needed for the transplant.

Months later I was able to get over his death a bit and went back to school, wrote the exam and graduated with first class even though the examination I didn't prepared much due to what happened. It was just God hand at work ( It only a fool that say there is no God).

Now the problem is that I can't sleep and remember my brother death that I should have done more. His death is like 5 months from now but it still fresh in my memory recently. My brother play a vital role in my education from paying my fee and monthly allowance and advice. I was thinking of using drugs so that I can sleep at time but talk me out of it. Pls how can I re again myself and also am an introvert I don't have people to talk to and I hardly go out.
Difficulty in sleeping is one of the symptoms of kidney disease. I think you should go for a medical check up in order to rule that out
Re: I Can't Sleep At Night Please What Can I Do by Benresmy(m): 3:42am On Oct 29, 2021
joshawesome:

I will try to be brief as possible. During the lock down my elder brother was seriously ill, we all thought it normal malaria and typhoid but getting to the hospital he was diagnosed of kidney diseases at it last stage (CKD). We all brace up and gave him all the support needed during the stage from one dialysis section to another something thrice a week. Go a

let him drink campari or smoke ibo tongue tongue tongue like 4 rap, he will be to sleep well then.
Re: I Can't Sleep At Night Please What Can I Do by Whyme111(m): 3:54am On Oct 29, 2021
Many will not understand,I found myself in that same shoes last year,my only brother I talk and confined in left without a word.my while life crashed.pls my dear brother if you can pray,pray to God for his soul and also make sure you avoid some of the things that could lead to such illness.God will help you to regain your sleep. Rip to ur brother grin[i][/i][/i][i][i][/i] grin
Re: I Can't Sleep At Night Please What Can I Do by Mom007(f): 3:55am On Oct 29, 2021
Hello joshawesome. I hope you see this. I'm really sorry for the loss of your brother, especially under such harrowing and stressful circumstances. That you find it difficult sleep at nights is troubling. I was in that position some time ago until someone reminded me that God wishes to give all his beloved rest. Yes, God exists and He desires that we cast all our Cares and hurts on him. Do you have a personal relationship with God? I mean besides the 'crowd mentality' of going to church, do you fellowship with God one on one? If no, its easy to start. Just pick a time, one which you will be available everyday and give it to God. Preferably the first thing you do in the early morning before you start your day, everyday. Pray to start, then Sit in silence and read his word. He will begin to commune with you and He will give you rest. You can contact me for more info on this new and beautiful relationship with God. Cheers friend.
Re: I Can't Sleep At Night Please What Can I Do by ubola: 3:56am On Oct 29, 2021
joshawesome:
Thank very much how do pass through that stage. I even stay at his house everything just keep on reminding me of him. Something I felt the world was wicked, five million to save a life but no one helped but they are those that spent that amount at a blink of eye well I remember his word no one hold u anything
How did you get first class with this kinda grammar?

1 Like

Re: I Can't Sleep At Night Please What Can I Do by Judybash93(m): 4:17am On Oct 29, 2021
joshawesome:

"It's only a fool that says there is no God"

Hey! I've corrected it on your behalf.

And you're right, i don't think any smart person will like to throw themselves under such a heavy claim that your god doesn't exist but many do not believe that your god exists and I'm one of them.

Seek professional help from a certified psychotherapist, you'll get over it. Stay safe
Re: I Can't Sleep At Night Please What Can I Do by NaijaCoverBlog(m): 4:49am On Oct 29, 2021
I pray that God Almighty Will help you out, so that, you will start to sleep at night.
Re: I Can't Sleep At Night Please What Can I Do by abeniagbon(m): 5:02am On Oct 29, 2021
joshawesome:

Get yourself a girl that is so beautiful and that can you her punna.... The memory will fade off. And you will gain some sleep.... It works try it
Re: I Can't Sleep At Night Please What Can I Do by elizabethbrown: 5:35am On Oct 29, 2021
If you want to sleep very well in the night time, you should avoid to sleep in the day time, another thing, you should do simple exercise in the morning time. Please avoid to use smartphone at the night time after 10 p.m
Doing simple massage regularly will supports to improving your body function and keep you healthy. This will also providing you good sleep.
Re: I Can't Sleep At Night Please What Can I Do by Fxwarrior: 5:44am On Oct 29, 2021
joshawesome:

Op I believe you feel betrayed because of not getting #5 million to save his life. You also feel angry at yourself because you feel you could have done more to save his life but you need to first of all forgive yourself.

Even your brother knows it's not your fault and that's why he instructed to be buried immediately to rid you of this burden.

We get to understand that in this life, family and friends will fail us when it comes to money issues.

May he rest in peace. Op play cool music, zero your thoughts, close your eyes and you will find yourself sleeping.

Quit thinking over the issue.
Re: I Can't Sleep At Night Please What Can I Do by Cassetteman: 5:57am On Oct 29, 2021
if it is u are seeing him Everytime like maybe he is appearing to u in dreams or another way round u can cook is best food then u can sprinkle some away from every were there is road in ur compound try this and get back to testify how it is
Re: I Can't Sleep At Night Please What Can I Do by sinola(m): 6:31am On Oct 29, 2021
Please check your BP and cholesterol level... Very important
Re: I Can't Sleep At Night Please What Can I Do by ejimatic: 6:38am On Oct 29, 2021
joshawesome:

Now the problem is that I can't sleep and remember my brother death that I should have done more. His death is like 5 months from now but it still fresh in my memory recently. My brother play a vital role in my education from paying my fee and monthly allowance and advice. I was thinking of using drugs so that I can sleep at time but talk me outand make of it. Pls how can I re again myself and also am an introvert I don't have people to talk to and I hardly go out.
. Sorry about the loss. You now have depression because of your experience and that is why you can't sleep. You will be fine .it is a matter of time. Pls go and buy Amitriptyline 25 mgs I don't know your age but divide it into two. It is not a sleeping pill but will help in improving your mood and make you sleep. If you sleep more you may reduce the dosage. Take it for 7 days . The truth is you will be fine. The drug is good for clinical anxiety and depression
Re: I Can't Sleep At Night Please What Can I Do by nentokritji(m): 6:43am On Oct 29, 2021
If u are a christian, read the bible more at night and pray asking GOD to take it away. He will do it, sorry for ur lost.
Re: I Can't Sleep At Night Please What Can I Do by eagleonearth(m): 6:55am On Oct 29, 2021
joshawesome:

sorry for your loss, may his soul find repose in the Lord's bossom. Forgive yourself and understand that it's not entirely your fault. Start eating fruits regularly and eating heavy foods in the evening and you will start sleeping again. Meanwhile the grammatical errors are too much for a first class graduate na

1 Like

Re: I Can't Sleep At Night Please What Can I Do by AlanSugar(m): 6:56am On Oct 29, 2021
Cooked up story.
5m for what, kidney transplant? Nah!
He was angry for not getting the money, from who, angry with who!
Lastly, this silly grammatically constructed write-up, from a first class candidate who didn't prepare for exams
God indeed!
Re: I Can't Sleep At Night Please What Can I Do by Warlord2014(m): 7:07am On Oct 29, 2021
Bobmarie:
Wickedness. Lol.
I am serious o... It is an act of wickedness.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

I Want An Abortion / 55-year-old Father Of Six Commits Suicide In Ibadan Over Economic Hardship / Doctor At Sayemi Natu­ralscience Centre Raped Me - Woman Claims

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 108
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.