Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,774 members, 7,817,165 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:33 AM

Umahi: Ebonyi People Marginalised By Igbos, Will Never Be Part Of Biafra - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Umahi: Ebonyi People Marginalised By Igbos, Will Never Be Part Of Biafra (25296 Views)

Ebonyi People Marginalised By Igbos, We’ll Never Be Part Of Biafra: Gov. Umahi / Umahi: Ebonyi People Will Vote Tinubu, Not Peter Obi, Labour Party / Umahi: Ebonyi Can Never Be Part Of Biafra, We Are Better In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Umahi: Ebonyi People Marginalised By Igbos, Will Never Be Part Of Biafra by JANK23H(m): 8:46am On Oct 07, 2021
SlayerForever:
Did this dwarfish fool really say this? angry
He sure did. grin grin

It's an open secret that Ebonyi,Ika and Nsukka people have always been derided and described as fake Igbos.

1 Like

Re: Umahi: Ebonyi People Marginalised By Igbos, Will Never Be Part Of Biafra by bassammy: 8:48am On Oct 07, 2021
Speak for yourself sir, we Ebonyians are marginalize, stigmatized by fellow Igbos But i take exception to that. BIAFRA is better off. Although the pursuit approach now is wrong. Ebonyi is worst hit by Biafra agitational crisis than Abia and Enugu. Or even when it comes to complying with the already quashed sit-at-home Ipob order, everywhere is usually grounded in Ebonyi compare to other eastern states. Sorry we believe in Biafra, Not Ipob or ESN.
Re: Umahi: Ebonyi People Marginalised By Igbos, Will Never Be Part Of Biafra by Kemetals: 8:49am On Oct 07, 2021
Thats your own opinion. You have to wear your thinking cap. inferiority complex is your major problem.

1 Like

Re: Umahi: Ebonyi People Marginalised By Igbos, Will Never Be Part Of Biafra by Nobody: 9:00am On Oct 07, 2021
Abagworo:

You are not wrong but it exists only in Anambra State not Imo or Abia. I only got to know about it on Nairaland and later through live discussions. I believe Anambra as a State discriminated against other Igbos which birthed much of the disunity but in recent years the unity has improved.

The disunity we have today were all created by Abia and Imo from sacking non Indigenes to implementing policies targeting others.

Anambra has always been at the forefront of uniting others for peaceful co-existence even to their own detriment.

This is just the fact

1 Like

Re: Umahi: Ebonyi People Marginalised By Igbos, Will Never Be Part Of Biafra by OgatheTop: 9:11am On Oct 07, 2021
AkalaJ:
Where is the lie in what he said? Umahi the table shaker. grin grin cheesy Igbos no go eat or sleep dis night upon hearing this news.

You're a phool!
Re: Umahi: Ebonyi People Marginalised By Igbos, Will Never Be Part Of Biafra by Emmanuel909090: 9:13am On Oct 07, 2021
Hmmm
Re: Umahi: Ebonyi People Marginalised By Igbos, Will Never Be Part Of Biafra by paramakina202: 9:28am On Oct 07, 2021
zinizta:

This is the fact here

I can tell Igbo people want Biafra but not this nnamdi kanu/ipob brand

Remove ipob and many other igbos will support Biafra - they are going about the right thing the wrong way.

Biafra will never be actualized by violence.

IPOB is a ruinous gang that is bent on destruction of Igboland.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Umahi: Ebonyi People Marginalised By Igbos, Will Never Be Part Of Biafra by AdakaBoro8(m): 9:31am On Oct 07, 2021
RobbStark:

You dey mind that mumu miscreant and the rest of them telling me that Ijaw land is owned by Biafrans wen even ebonyi is saying otherwise.

I laff them Ghana must go laff.
miscreants in Nland never learn
who could be the idiot that saying Ijaw land is owned by biafurus?
useless people that afraid to stay alone..... they want to rubbed their cursed lives on the great Ijaws....
who will even be with drug peddlers..?....ashawo people..?.....ritualist people..?....baby factory people..?.....fake product sellers..?.....criminal and rejected cursed landlocked people..?
Re: Umahi: Ebonyi People Marginalised By Igbos, Will Never Be Part Of Biafra by Kenneth10110(m): 9:32am On Oct 07, 2021
paramakina202:
Even my state will not be part of Nnamdi KANU's Biafra.
Even his village Afaraukwu Ibeku will not like to belong in IPOB's Biafra.
Biafra has become an affliction that ndi Igbo have to discard by all means possible.

Aboki we already know your status.

1 Like

Re: Umahi: Ebonyi People Marginalised By Igbos, Will Never Be Part Of Biafra by AdakaBoro8(m): 9:34am On Oct 07, 2021
afonjaheadhunts:

Umahi, INC, IYC and LINC are all in the same both of self foolery Umahi is no different from those groups and simply trying to reap rewards from the centre like the groups have been doing when push comes to shove water will find its level and the people will identify with the reality that IJaw can never deal with, Ijaw is limited to 2 LGA in Bayelsa. grin

Have a good floating day.
happy deluded life....

1 Like

Re: Umahi: Ebonyi People Marginalised By Igbos, Will Never Be Part Of Biafra by nsiba: 9:36am On Oct 07, 2021
JANK23H:

He sure did. grin grin

It's an open secret that Ebonyi,Ika and Nsukka people have always been derided and described as fake Igbos.

A family friend of ours left Diamond Bank for GTB simply for the fact that he was from Asaba and the promotion due him was given to lesser person in qualification and job performance.
He was told something to his face that will never make him ever identify as Ibos, the derogatory comments he tolerated back then in St Dennis Boys Onitsha won't be repeated in adulthood

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Umahi: Ebonyi People Marginalised By Igbos, Will Never Be Part Of Biafra by PrinceOfLagos: 9:37am On Oct 07, 2021
Sammy07:

Lol. U don dey forget home small small.
When last did you go home?

I am Lagos and Lagos is me

Sink that in and stop asking me silly question

2 Likes

Re: Umahi: Ebonyi People Marginalised By Igbos, Will Never Be Part Of Biafra by AdakaBoro8(m): 9:39am On Oct 07, 2021
SlayerForever:

Everybody who agreed with what Umahi said are non Igbos like yourself and they are all lying. You better receive sense.
Umahi a whole leader of Ebonyi lying..?... see how foolish and deluded you sound
Re: Umahi: Ebonyi People Marginalised By Igbos, Will Never Be Part Of Biafra by Cognitivereason: 9:42am On Oct 07, 2021
I think it unwise to judge an entire tribe by the few you have met..
I have met anambra people who aren't proud..
Ave equally met Yoruba's who are worse than proud..
The person you related with is wicked not the entire Enugu people please..

InHeaven:
I've stayed and relate with Eboyans, truth be told, they're different from Igbo in character. They're cool and friendly to be with.

You see those Anambrarian, they're very PROUD. You'll even observe that trait from here.
That's why I doubt Juliusmalema /Melezenawi is from Anambra cos he's different

Enugu People, devil in disguise. Very wicked.

Had a friend from IMO STATE, he's cool but womanize alot

I've related and still relating with those State indigene so it isn't fabrication.

2 Likes

Re: Umahi: Ebonyi People Marginalised By Igbos, Will Never Be Part Of Biafra by idealogical: 9:49am On Oct 07, 2021
5 SE States - 1 = 4..

grin grin grin grin grin

Re: Umahi: Ebonyi People Marginalised By Igbos, Will Never Be Part Of Biafra by AdakaBoro8(m): 10:00am On Oct 07, 2021
bassammy:
Speak for yourself sir, we Ebonyians are marginalize, stigmatized by fellow Igbos But i take exception to that. BIAFRA is better off. Although the pursuit approach now is wrong. Ebonyi is worst hit by Biafra agitational crisis than Abia and Enugu. Or even when it comes to complying with the already quashed sit-at-home Ipob order, everywhere is usually grounded in Ebonyi compare to other eastern states. Sorry we believe in Biafra, Not Ipob or ESN.
no sir, Ebonyians are not Igbos.... though biafra is good..
Re: Umahi: Ebonyi People Marginalised By Igbos, Will Never Be Part Of Biafra by AdakaBoro8(m): 10:14am On Oct 07, 2021
Juliusmalema:

We have stated it clearly here than ebonyians are not igbos and Umahi has affirmed that.

Give any historical appreciation that supports Igbo origin. Most of them are northern migrants.
this is the hard truth the slayerforever hated to hear..... how can ebonyi be Igbo?
Re: Umahi: Ebonyi People Marginalised By Igbos, Will Never Be Part Of Biafra by warlordd(m): 10:18am On Oct 07, 2021
Umahi is absolutely right! Even my own dear state of Anambra will NEVER be part Kanu's Biafra. Ipob has become an affliction, a plague and an epidemic all rolled into one! I wish the FG will hang the stupid Kanu to compensate for all the atrocities committed by the brainless Ipob, including the murder of Ahmed Gulak

1 Like

Re: Umahi: Ebonyi People Marginalised By Igbos, Will Never Be Part Of Biafra by ziondaughter247: 10:20am On Oct 07, 2021
Abagworo:

You are not wrong but it exists only in Anambra State not Imo or Abia. I only got to know about it on Nairaland and later through live discussions. I believe Anambra as a State discriminated against other Igbos which birthed much of the disunity but in recent years the unity has improved.

You are right. Imo state Igbos are one of the most educated and progressive igbos. This discriminatory behaviour is an Anambra thing and funny enough I read a study that shows that Anambra is partly igala. They are very mixed...You will find the real non-mixed igbos around imo/Abia...
Re: Umahi: Ebonyi People Marginalised By Igbos, Will Never Be Part Of Biafra by ediko5(m): 10:23am On Oct 07, 2021
talk2maurice:

This one that will be totally insignificant 2 months after his handover? This generation of Igbo governors will surely meet their Waterloo when Buhari is gone.. Always complaining of marginalisations yet he has been the leader of the South East governors forum for almost 5 years nonstop and no one is complaining. This is a position that used to be rotated around the Governors of the 5 Eastern States on yearly basis. If it was the governor of say Imo or Anambra that has hyjacked the position as he did, he would have ran away from that forum shouting marginalization. How is he being marginalized by a group he heads and speaks for?

His immediate elder brother was made the head of the Regional security group, ebubeagu. His brother used to be the head of the South East branch of the PDP. Ebonyi produced both the Senate president in Pius Anyim under Obasanjo and secretary to the government of Nigeria under Jonathan in the same Pius Anyim using Eastern slots! He collects his bribe money from Buhari and like an excited child, starts to foam in the mouth as if his vociferous support for Buhari is a general consensus of the igbos. This guy helped to impose the new Ohaneze president! So how is he being marginalized? In the old Anambra of 40 years back or what?

Your point is political. In the general view what Umahi said is correct. Igbos are the most segregating tribe in Nigeria. They don't just stereotype other tribes but within the Igbo tribes.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Umahi: Ebonyi People Marginalised By Igbos, Will Never Be Part Of Biafra by MercyQuinn(f): 10:25am On Oct 07, 2021
CHEAP RICE FROM COTONOU ‼️
CHEAP RICE FROM COTONOU‼️
CHEAP RICE FROM COTONOU‼️

GET AFFORDABLE BAG OF RICE FOR JUST ₦18000

Contact +22952029032 on WhatsApp
Call +23409077436040

Limited rice stock available
Re: Umahi: Ebonyi People Marginalised By Igbos, Will Never Be Part Of Biafra by Slimwhyt(m): 10:26am On Oct 07, 2021
This man is foolish sha
Re: Umahi: Ebonyi People Marginalised By Igbos, Will Never Be Part Of Biafra by Concience55: 10:26am On Oct 07, 2021
[quote author=Ezewuzie01 post=106509483]The rogue Simon Ekpa who is threatening fire and brimstone on Anambra state because of election is from which state? Dave Umahi better call your brothers to order. Anambra is known for peace. We won't allow abakiliki people to cause chaos in Anambra state.[/quote
"Abakaliki people"? ......Igbo, a people divided against itself.
Re: Umahi: Ebonyi People Marginalised By Igbos, Will Never Be Part Of Biafra by AdakaBoro8(m): 10:28am On Oct 07, 2021
netmillionaires:
Kai!... See Fulani people all over the thread trying their luck with the divide and rule strategy. This silly man only speaks for himself... If Nigeria should divide today, where do you want Ebonyi to belong then. I am sure this stupid man wouldn't want to stay with the Hausa and Fulanis.
ebonyi republic is enough to be great...
Re: Umahi: Ebonyi People Marginalised By Igbos, Will Never Be Part Of Biafra by truthstands01: 10:38am On Oct 07, 2021
Umahi, you don't have a say in this, it will be by referendum, the people decides...

2 Likes

Re: Umahi: Ebonyi People Marginalised By Igbos, Will Never Be Part Of Biafra by AdakaBoro8(m): 10:40am On Oct 07, 2021
Emperor5:
Irrespective of politics, umahi have made a significant point about ebonyians and Biafra. Over the years Ebonyi is been marginalized by other Igbo state in East just like Nsuka people there by seeing them as third class Igbo with mockery name "Nwa abankelele" umahi is very realistic but he must be attack by ipob miscreants because he said the truth. The more Ebonyians understand this and denounce Biafra agitation the better for them. Delta and rivers made a good choice by not allowing Ipob to disorganized development in thire state, I believe it's a high time for ebonyi to follow Sue. Any ebonyi or Nsuka man that die because of Biafra died in vein
one thing is that a truth can never hide forever..... Igbos are giving ebonyians and nsukkas fake love just to have for population advantage during election time,,,, Ibos hated ebonyins and nsukas like they hate fulanis.... i know ebonyians will soon got their freedom, but nsukkas are the ones in big trap

2 Likes

Re: Umahi: Ebonyi People Marginalised By Igbos, Will Never Be Part Of Biafra by AdakaBoro8(m): 10:42am On Oct 07, 2021
Verysmart101:

Who forced them if I may ask?
asked the Ibo elders on how their ancestors deceived and convinced ebonyians to be part of Igbo
Re: Umahi: Ebonyi People Marginalised By Igbos, Will Never Be Part Of Biafra by Concience55: 10:43am On Oct 07, 2021
Igalla's in Anambra pretending they love Ebonyi more than Umahi does. Wonders shall never end. The Ebonyians knows how the Igalla's in Ananbra see them.
Re: Umahi: Ebonyi People Marginalised By Igbos, Will Never Be Part Of Biafra by Idiko1: 10:50am On Oct 07, 2021
camri:

Ebonyi State will never be part of Biafra due to the marginalisation and slavery its people has suffered in the hands of other Igbos, says Governor Dave Umahi.

“Ebonyi will never be part of Biafra because of the marginalisation and slavery that Ebonyi people had been subjected to over the years by their South East brothers” Mr Umahi said on Wednesday.

Agitations for the sovereign state of Biafra, led by secessionist group Indigenous People of Biafra has been rife in recent years. Mr Umahi has never hidden his opposition to IPOB agitations.

The governor was reacting angrily to allegations that Ebonyi indigenes were responsible for the fatal attacks that is ravaging Anambra State.

He described the allegation as false, adding, “if any Ebonyi person is caught in killing, that person should be killed too.”
According to him, the killings in Anambra are political killings that have no link with Ebonyi people.

He said criminals who were from other states in the South-East zone had been arrested for the killings and other heinous crimes in Ebonyi State, without announcing their states of origin.

The governor, who is the chairman of the South-East Governors’ Forum, wondered why other people derive joy in tarnishing the image of Ebonyi people.

Anambra State is literally under siege as unknown gunmen have upped their attacks around the state ahead of the governorship election scheduled for November 6.

Many residents, including prominent physician Chike Akunyili have been murdered in the past few weeks.

Government and private assets such as police, SSS and INEC offices have also come under arsonists’ attacks.

Attorney General Abubarkar Malami on Wednesday threatened that a state of emergency might be imposed if the attacks do not cease.

He said the Buhari regime has the responsibility to ensure elections hold and also protect lives and properties.

https://gazettengr.com/ebonyi-people-marginalised-by-igbos-well-never-be-part-of-biafra-gov-umahi/

Umahi is a basement fool. There was nobody in the apex corridor power in the defunct eastern region who hailed from the present Imo State. At least, Akanu Ibiam the governor of eastern region hailed from the present Ebonyi State. What form of marginalization is dumbass talking about?

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Amaechi Tipped As DG Buhari Presidential Campaign Office As Party Zone VP To S/W / PDP Will Sack Buhari In 2019 -bode George / Does The Police Have Any Constitutional Right To Go Through A Citizen`s Phone?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.