Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,306 members, 7,811,909 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 11:12 PM

Pandora Papers: I Broke No Law ― Peter Obi - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Pandora Papers: I Broke No Law ― Peter Obi (15979 Views)

Pandora Papers: I Am Yet To Receive Invitation From EFCC – Peter Obi / Pandora Papers: I Have $15 Million In Offshore Accounts - Peter Obi / I Didn't Violate Any Law - Peter Obi On Pandora Paper (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pandora Papers: I Broke No Law ― Peter Obi by humility33(m): 7:58am On Oct 08, 2021
TsaTrinity:
This is clearly a witch hunt.
For God sake, Obi isn't the only Nigerian mentioned in that report; not even the only politician. Why is he the only one in the media?

They're Tinubu media warriors

They know he may likely be the VP of Atiku and that may prove hard for Tinubu quest for presidency so... the best they can do right now is to pull him down like they did to Jonathan fear SW politicians in all honesty the crafty and betrayal is top notch
Re: Pandora Papers: I Broke No Law ― Peter Obi by Nobody: 7:59am On Oct 08, 2021
Wahalaperson:
wow, so you even didn't bother reading the report but you are here defending the thief, Wahala, I remove hand for una matter abeg.

Mr you pointed out something we didn't by any means read.

So go back to where you read such and show us unless you are officially declaring how ssstttuupppiddd and fffooolishhh you are.

Waiting....show us by screenshot.
Re: Pandora Papers: I Broke No Law ― Peter Obi by SLOVFO(m): 8:00am On Oct 08, 2021
dignity33:
Nigeria Media company is one of problem we have . Once Election is near and you give them Brown Envelope they will continue to paint the good person bad in Public to give the public no option but reverse to those old corrupt people. All this Pandora is all about 2023 election. i never see a place in that report that suggested wrong doing or Corruption of any kind. why won't premuimtime allowed this man to rest, many Nigeria know that Peter Obi remain one of the most clean Politician we have in Nigeria today. who are those Corrupt politician that are sponsoring all this nonsense from premiumtime. The same way Saharareport tarnish the image of Bukola Sariki when he was SP, now what do we have as a senate president rubber toy in the hand of President. I repeat Media company is as corrupt as Nigeria Politicians and this why Nigeria public keep on making a mistake in the choice of a leader.

That's it my brother. We have a media that can do and undo for the "brown envelope". We have politicians that are in office looting our commonwealth and no one is talking about them. But they are putting all their energy into disparaging a man better than them.
Re: Pandora Papers: I Broke No Law ― Peter Obi by HustlePro: 8:01am On Oct 08, 2021
dizon:
The kind of politics we play in this country is satanic. People will just go out and manufacture all sorts of lies against someone just because of politics. I read the entire jargons they wrote about this man and I don't see any crime he committed in the entire long story. All I see is an attempt by desperate politicians to paint him bad.
they think this is 2014. They don't know that the political landscape has changed. They think this strategy still works.

What they don't know that their Buhari has done so much damage to render such tools useless.

Bro, wait for 2022 when the real action will begin. I love the fact that the North is not look their way but their own interest. E go shock them.
Re: Pandora Papers: I Broke No Law ― Peter Obi by Wahalaperson: 8:01am On Oct 08, 2021
humility33:

Did u establish those companies with the state money?
Oga he said he broke no law so let the CCT and EFCC take it from there

Even if Christ is to come contest for presidency u guys will find one corruption case to tie him with...

Though i know rarely there exist a corrupt free politician in this country..... even fashola was accused of corruption during his time Osibanjo the NEMA case etc but of a truth this three men including Obi u know if any should emerge president they will do excellently well
wow, I guess atiku bagudu that was named want to also contest for president, buhari and tinubu they were listed were also mentioned because of their ambitions, right? Weather you will make a good president or not doesn't matter here, a thief is a thief, there's nothing like a holy thief.
Re: Pandora Papers: I Broke No Law ― Peter Obi by franudi: 8:01am On Oct 08, 2021
LegendHero:
”According to him, the publication did not also allege that he had been engaged in unlawful business ventures at any time whatsoever, adding that his understanding was that the allegation bordered more on tax avoidance and non-declaration of some jointly owned assets.”

See the nonsense Obi Pandora is saying. He even admit non-declaration of some jointly owned assets lol. If Nigeria is a working country, they should have invited the man by now to now tell the law when they start accepting ignorance.

You were also operating a foreign account while being an elected government. Rubbish and nonsense.
My friend you are not making any sense.
Re: Pandora Papers: I Broke No Law ― Peter Obi by Nobody: 8:02am On Oct 08, 2021
humility33:

They know he may likely be the VP of Atiku and that may prove hard for Tinubu quest for presidency so... the best they can do right now is to pull him down like they did to Jonathan fear SW politicians in all honesty the crafty and betrayal is top notch
I figured. Why fear the CV and capacity of a dot Republic politician? Abi is there more to this?
Re: Pandora Papers: I Broke No Law ― Peter Obi by RiceProducers: 8:03am On Oct 08, 2021
bigpicture001:

Tax avoidance is not a crime but tax evasion is .!

Please read my post. His enemies don't want him in jail. They want to expose him and damage his positive public perception. A politician should not be throwing the "i committed no crime" argument. They want to run you off politics and you are saying you don't deserve jail. Who your jailing help?
Re: Pandora Papers: I Broke No Law ― Peter Obi by Lightorder: 8:03am On Oct 08, 2021
LegendHero:
”According to him, the publication did not also allege that he had been engaged in unlawful business ventures at any time whatsoever, adding that his understanding was that the allegation bordered more on tax avoidance and non-declaration of some jointly owned assets.”

See the nonsense Obi Pandora is saying. He even admit non-declaration of some jointly owned assets lol. If Nigeria is a working country, they should have invited the man by now to now tell the law when they start accepting ignorance.

You were also operating a foreign account while being an elected government. Rubbish and nonsense.
He should have closed down his already existing foreign businesses as a governor,because he is not from your village . The way you guys display stupidity and deadly hatred in a good English language is just amazing

1 Like

Re: Pandora Papers: I Broke No Law ― Peter Obi by humility33(m): 8:04am On Oct 08, 2021
Wahalaperson:
wow, I guess atiku bagudu that was named want to also contest for president, buhari and tinubu they were listed were also mentioned because of their ambitions, right? Weather you will make a good president or not doesn't matter here, a thief is a thief, there's nothing like a holy thief.

Tell me who amongst the top echelon of nigeria politician that is clean even Osibanjo

The reason why the country is worse off now under buhari is not only because of corruption but gross incompetency

If buhari was as intelligent in business and economic investment like atiku, BAT, OBi and even Osibanjo Nigeria wont be in this mess

Even Trump was accused of not disclosing tax paid by his companies
Re: Pandora Papers: I Broke No Law ― Peter Obi by MICHEALADEX(m): 8:04am On Oct 08, 2021
Juliusmalema:

He broke no law Mr. Ethnicity and tribal blindness can make even those that claim to live in developed civilization look stupid.

There is no constitutional clause that mandates him to declare jointly owned assets. If such clause exist it is like scaring investors away because there are silent investors who will never want to be known.

Nigeria wants foreign investment, and same foreign countries wants investment from other nations even Nigeria.

Is it not selfishness and wickedness to tell others to come And invest but gets bitter when others goes out to invest.

This is foolishness. Why won't you declare your full worth including shares in other investment or are they not part of his assets and liabilities? Or couldn't those private investment be a conduit pipe for looting?

Let's reason beyond sentiment
Re: Pandora Papers: I Broke No Law ― Peter Obi by SLOVFO(m): 8:06am On Oct 08, 2021
LegendHero:

Peter Obi is one politicians we all should be proud of in Nigeria. You can't count 10 past governors like him in Nigeria. I doubt if you can. After all these, no evidence that he embezzled or stole state's fund...just they way he chose to handle his business. If we could get many politicians like them... Mind you I am not holding brief for him. Politicians generally can't be trusted.
Re: Pandora Papers: I Broke No Law ― Peter Obi by Wahalaperson: 8:07am On Oct 08, 2021
Juliusmalema:

So go back to where you read such and show us unless you are officially declaring how ssstttuupppiddd and fffooolishhh you are.

it shows how foolish you lots are, you run to defend a thief simply because he's from the enclave, with stupid people like you in abundance in Nigeria I'm scared we will never get it right

Re: Pandora Papers: I Broke No Law ― Peter Obi by StreetMedia: 8:08am On Oct 08, 2021
TheSupleemLeada:
Obi Pandora is a big criminal, he should be in chains.

In saner climes this idiot would currently be locked up in a penitentiary.
You think your brain is working right?.
A big FOOL you are.

Cry me a lagoon... Gooner!.
Re: Pandora Papers: I Broke No Law ― Peter Obi by Nobody: 8:08am On Oct 08, 2021
MICHEALADEX:

This is foolishness. Why won't you declare your full worth including shares in other investment or are they not part of his assets and liabilities? Or couldn't those private investment be a conduit pipe for looting?

Let's reason beyond sentiment

Wonderful reasoning?

So it there are 4 investors, one person will collectively Declare for others on what is jointly owned?... Wonderful.

I give up on academic myopism in Nigeria even when constitution doesn't say so

1 Like

Re: Pandora Papers: I Broke No Law ― Peter Obi by RiceProducers: 8:09am On Oct 08, 2021
humility33:

Tinubu's case is already in the media. Even Nairaland has a few threads on it.
I find that most PDP supporters are naive about politics and life in general.
Re: Pandora Papers: I Broke No Law ― Peter Obi by ppogba: 8:13am On Oct 08, 2021
rickyrex:
bro a jointly owned asset should be declared on what ground. Is it a private asset. Is just like telling a shareholder in Nestle to declare Nestle asset cause his a part owner... Every other partners right need to be considered

If you are a NESTLE shareholder and you are contesting for a position that requires your assets to be declared, YOU MUST DECLARE YOUR NESTLE SHARES.

Assets jointly or severally held are to be declared.

It is unfortunate when politicians are found wanting and take their matter to the court of public opinion seeking from ethnic and religious SIN-PARTY.
Re: Pandora Papers: I Broke No Law ― Peter Obi by Nobody: 8:14am On Oct 08, 2021
Can you see this man? He is talking. With confidence. Only in this country. He should tell us where he got money to be buying foreign properties as governor.

He should tell us why he did not declare the assets as he was required to by law - probably because he did not own them until he became governor. Nonsense.
Re: Pandora Papers: I Broke No Law ― Peter Obi by Tecord1(m): 8:16am On Oct 08, 2021
TheSupleemLeada:
Obi Pandora is a big criminal, he should be in chains.

In saner climes this idiot would currently be locked up in a penitentiary.
How many of the non Nigerians mentioned in the pandora papers have been indicted... Also last i checked, it wasn't only Peter Obi's name that was mentioned.
Re: Pandora Papers: I Broke No Law ― Peter Obi by dapolaw(m): 8:17am On Oct 08, 2021
Children of hates and anger.... Please which law did Tinubu break by using bullion van to convey his personal money to his personal house?
Re: Pandora Papers: I Broke No Law ― Peter Obi by Trentee4eva: 8:17am On Oct 08, 2021
Give Tinubu’s supporters some soap. It's being long they jerked off with such propaganda and campaign of calumny.
Re: Pandora Papers: I Broke No Law ― Peter Obi by cardoctor(m): 8:17am On Oct 08, 2021
He broke no law.
Re: Pandora Papers: I Broke No Law ― Peter Obi by fredoooooo: 8:18am On Oct 08, 2021
U just broke Avatar... obi pandora
Re: Pandora Papers: I Broke No Law ― Peter Obi by Trentee4eva: 8:19am On Oct 08, 2021
dapolaw:
Children of hates and anger.... Please which law did Tinubu break by using bullion van to convey his personal money to his personal house?
Actually it wasn't money. They were tissue papers. At least we don't have any tissue laundry laws
Re: Pandora Papers: I Broke No Law ― Peter Obi by Nobody: 8:20am On Oct 08, 2021
Wahalaperson:
it shows how foolish you lots are, you run to defend a thief simply because he's from the enclave, with stupid people like you in abundance in Nigeria I'm scared we will never get it right

Some ssssttttuuuuppppiddddity are legendary...you couldn't even provr your point..lol...waste of education.

1 Like

Re: Pandora Papers: I Broke No Law ― Peter Obi by g4gerald: 8:21am On Oct 08, 2021
LegendHero:

Am not here to argue weda wat he did was wrong or not but if this is the only crime dat anyone cud possibly lay hands on against Mr Peter Obi in a country as corrupt as Nigeria then am really impress wit dat man (Obi)
Re: Pandora Papers: I Broke No Law ― Peter Obi by KinSlayer: 8:23am On Oct 08, 2021
dizon:
The kind of politics we play in this country is satanic. People will just go out and manufacture all sorts of lies against someone just because of politics. I read the entire jargons they wrote about this man and I don't see any crime he committed in the entire long story. All I see is an attempt by desperate politicians to paint him bad.
I made a post yesterday that people don't read. Most times you see in nairaland a long post, and then some comments like 'I did not read the writeup' or 'who do they want to read this writeup?'. And that's how they mislead people. They will use a headline to make people draw conclusions and then explain the headline later in the article to cover themselves against litigation. If people would read more... and I'm not talking about understanding ooh. Forget understanding first. Just read!!!
Anyways, Whatever
Re: Pandora Papers: I Broke No Law ― Peter Obi by barcaboi(m): 8:25am On Oct 08, 2021
Juliusmalema:

Wonderful, so I should declare my part of asset if I co owned company A with 3 other people.

The constitution didn't make provision for such.

Reason properly next time.
The constitution made mention of all investments both owned and co owned and premium posted that particular section. Also it was discovered he lied because it is sole ownership. Read all again. Y’all say dumb things to defend ur favorite. Me reason well? Who isn’t here? Read the report again and think logically. They didn’t accuse him of fraud; only asset declarations he cld easily say tax avoidance or something. Make Una no dey defend nonsense abeg
Re: Pandora Papers: I Broke No Law ― Peter Obi by PHIPEX(m): 8:27am On Oct 08, 2021
Wahalaperson:
why are you all turning blind eye to what the investigation revealed? The investigation reveals he owns the companies fully, they are not jointly owned as the thief is claiming, read the original report, he set some of this companies up four years into his term as a governor, why are you guys so daft and stubborn?
Which of the report did you see he owns a company fully? Don't you know there are shareholders in every company?

1 Like

Re: Pandora Papers: I Broke No Law ― Peter Obi by JaroMan: 8:28am On Oct 08, 2021
Buccalcavity2:

Amazing! While politicians in North America are scampering to dis-associate themselves from Pandora to limit their political liabilities, Nigerian politicians, a presidential hopeful for that matter is still bragging with it. Only in Nigeria.
Some people are even saying that he doesn't have to declare jointly owned asset to CCB. Really? So what's the essence of asset declaration if I don't need to declare a jointly owned asset? When did tax avoidance become something to brag about and you claim that you will raise revenue when you become president. From who then? Sometimes silence is rich.
If he declares jointly own assets, he will get sued by his closet partners. Please let's me sensible
Re: Pandora Papers: I Broke No Law ― Peter Obi by Gbajure(m): 8:28am On Oct 08, 2021
Juliusmalema:
I find the Pandora nonsense of a publication insulting.

If people who claims they are educated and have PhD could write such petty nonsense then education actually means nothing in Nigeria because if it the average baked masses won't be commenting nonsense.

[b]Constitution provides you to declare your assets and not what you co owned with others.
There are investors who wants their privacy then why must you expose them.

Secondly, Nigeria even gullible people wants foreign investment , so is it now a crime for other countries to invite Nigerians to invest in their countries?

What sort of selfish is this that you want Britain to invest in Nigeria but don't want Nigerians to invest in Britain?[/b]

Are Nigerians that educationally down and selfish?

Also Tax evasion is a crime and he hasn't seen commiting any.

Avoidance of tax through inheritance , what is inherited and decides in how to utilize it, how is it a crime to invest an inheritance in other civilization?

When greedy elites are paid to research, they always ends up hurriedly showing how myopic and empty they are and their foolish followers follows suit in showing how upgraded their stupidity now ranks.

At the bolder, is that ur constitution cos that is NOT what nigeria constitution obligates.
Re: Pandora Papers: I Broke No Law ― Peter Obi by JaroMan: 8:30am On Oct 08, 2021
LegendHero:

That’s the only thing you hear in Nigeria.

Even as an auditor in some consulting firm, you have to declare the bank accounts, stocks, financial interest you, your wife, or children has to the company let alone an elected governor of a country.
This is different from Peter Obi case.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

PDP Crisis: Why Is Atiku Afraid To Let Ayu Go? / We did not attack Gov Fubara, he was in the midst of aggressive people - Police / 2016 Bleak As Budget Failure Looms

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.