Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,947 members, 7,835,153 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 06:10 AM

Religion: The Oldest Scam Of All - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Religion: The Oldest Scam Of All (2086 Views)

The Religion The Is Practicing What Jesus Taught. / How Is Religion The Cause Of Backwardness In Nigeria And Africa? / Is Religion The Problem Of The World? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Religion: The Oldest Scam Of All by truthCoder: 11:52am On Oct 08, 2021
I will be doing a dossier on religion generally and the basis of how and why it was invented to scam people.

This would be documented here.

Before you judge or attack me, ask yourself this important question. Is your opinion based on logic or influenced mainly by the environment in which you have grown up?

Thanks

TruthCoder

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Religion: The Oldest Scam Of All by truthCoder: 12:08pm On Oct 08, 2021
All religions funnily share the same concepts.

It is extremely ironical that we have 4,300 religions in the world and a majority of them share the same concepts and principles.

All religions have the following concepts in common:
*A belief in the supernatural and the spiritual world.
*A belief in the existence of a soul.
*A collection of sacred writings or scriptures.
*Organized Institutions with designated leaders.
*Strong sense of community based on rituals and festivals.
*A requirement to pray to a deity.
*Rewards and Punishments

In summary, at religions are the same at the core. The implementation, culture and deployment is what makes them different.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Religion: The Oldest Scam Of All by truthCoder: 12:22pm On Oct 08, 2021
Why the need for a religion?

Humans have a very advanced thought process. Our minds are vast super highways with many thoughts and ideas transversing, mixing and updating every second.

What makes us nature's prime is our ability to absorb events in our environment and adapt our survival to it as efficiently as possible. We can for example see that when a natural forest fire burns everything including animals, their taste is remarkably improved when compared to eating those animal meats raw. So we socially adapt to looking for only fire burnt animals for our meals and when this becomes inconvenient, we advance to burning the meat ourself whenever there is a fire. To advance further, we bring the fire home and keep it burning till we devise means of creating our own fire. No other animal has perfected this dynamic adaptations as efficiently as the human race.

This simple fire analogy explains the history of how we invent, innovate and ensure that we modify or adapt our understandable environment to conditions that make our lives easier.

As long as we understand the process, can replicate it and can modify to our tastes and wishes, we humans operate efficiently and effectively

The main issue arises in situations that we cannot understand or explain. This has been the greatest mind-boggling problem humans have periodically faced for centuries.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Religion: The Oldest Scam Of All by truthCoder: 12:47pm On Oct 08, 2021
When a logical human cannot understand the logic behind an event or replicate its occurrence, he is usually stuck and his mind continually tries to unravel the mystery.

Humans are social beings. They move in herds and cluster together, instinctively as a protection mode. If an event becomes unexplainable, it disrupts the herd flow and humans become afraid, especially if it is life threatening.

To resolve this debacle, events are always classified into three, no matter the human gathering. They are the natural, man made and super-natural events.

We have the natural events which humans have understood to be part of the life they belong to. These are events that happen just because it is part of nature. A snake will bite if you step on its tail. When you are thirsty, taking water from a stream makes you feel better. Everyone knows this and accepts it.

We also have the man made events. When a human comes across a tract of well cultivated land, he knows it was done by a human because he too could do same. If he sees a basket, he is not troubled as he has seen his herd members do same. He can even understand and explain the process.

Finally we have the supernatural events. This a huge pit where humans dump every other thing that they can not classify as either natural or man made. Anything a human does not understand the process nor can replicate is termed supernatural. It must be noted that since we have different communities of humans each with different levels of logical understanding of events, what is natural or man-made in one community might be completely super-natural in another community. Thus a man from a community that has never seen a basket made nor understands the process might be shocked to see one on his hunting path and term it supernatural.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Religion: The Oldest Scam Of All by truthCoder: 12:55pm On Oct 08, 2021
Life becomes easier for the herd when every unexplainable event is termed Supernatural.

There obviously must be a being or deity that controls all those events that humans cannot explain.

The woven basket on the hunting path, the thunder that stuck the tree yesterday and setting it on fire or the sudden death of a loved one. Anything that cannot be explained is in summary done by the workings of a behind-the-scene being.

The bid to understand this being, what he/She/It/They want and how to ensure humans are on their good sides is what made the first religious scammers to invent religion.

----To be continued.

3 Likes

Re: Religion: The Oldest Scam Of All by Dtruthspeaker: 3:00pm On Oct 08, 2021
truthCoder:
...Before you judge or attack me, ask yourself this important question. Is your opinion based on logic or influenced mainly by the environment in which you have grown up?

Thanks

TruthCoder

It is also logical to be influenced by your environment. You can not expect an Osun born boy to be speaking Efik in his Osun Village. grin
Re: Religion: The Oldest Scam Of All by Greatzeus(m): 3:58pm On Oct 08, 2021
For me,I'm not so keen on religion or religious activities,but I believe and do exercise faith in the divine.
For me, I believe in the existence of God,the supreme being,from whom all things originated, including the Universe,humans, animals and nature.
For me I believe that Jesus came into this world at a time,as the Bible said and I believe God's holy spirit inspired men to write the Holy Bible.
Re: Religion: The Oldest Scam Of All by truthCoder: 4:24pm On Oct 08, 2021
Greatzeus:
For me,I'm not so keen on religion or religious activities,but I believe and do exercise faith in the divine.
For me, I believe in the existence of God,the supreme being,from whom all things originated, including the Universe,humans, animals and nature.
For me I believe that Jesus came into this world at a time,as the Bible said and I believe God's holy spirit inspired men to write the Holy Bible.

Why do you have these beliefs?

Does it in any way relate to the environment in which you grew up or the associations you made?

If you were born into an emirate family in Kano, would you for example still have these beliefs?

Do your per chance remember that the Europeans who brought Christianity to Africa and the Invading Arabs who brought Islam did so as a means of conquest and not because they so much want your salvation?

2 Likes

Re: Religion: The Oldest Scam Of All by SanctifiedSista(f): 4:46pm On Oct 08, 2021
Spirituality, d best decision u can ever make
Serving Jesus Christ and his kingdom wink wink wink wink cheesy cheesy grin grin grin..wen others are saying there is a casting down, u can't relate

This Sunday, come and hear what God has to say abt that puzzling questions in ur heart
Re: Religion: The Oldest Scam Of All by hupernikao: 5:08pm On Oct 08, 2021
truthCoder:
I will be doing a dossier on religion generally and the basis of how and why it was invented to scam people.

Before you judge or attack me, ask yourself this important question. Is your opinion based on logic or influenced mainly by the environment in which you have grown up?

Thanks

TruthCoder

I also hope you will be able to provide sound judgment and discussion when the time comes.

And I hope you have read well in what you want to put your hands into and not "prouding" on videos you watch or internet results you read.
Re: Religion: The Oldest Scam Of All by truthCoder: 5:15pm On Oct 08, 2021
hupernikao:

I also hope you will be able to provide sound judgment and discussion when the time comes.

And I hope you have read well in what you want to put your hands into and not "prouding" on videos you watch or internet results you read.

Thanks for this. I promise i will do my best in this analysis.

Whilst i am not perfect, i am ready to engage in discussions based on good reason as we progress on this narrative.
Re: Religion: The Oldest Scam Of All by truthCoder: 5:30pm On Oct 08, 2021
SanctifiedSista:
Spirituality, d best decision u can ever make
Serving Jesus Christ and his kingdom wink wink wink wink cheesy cheesy grin grin grin..wen others are saying there is a casting down, u can't relate

This Sunday, come and hear what God has to say abt that puzzling questions in ur heart

There is one feeling of invincibility that religion gives its addicts.

They believe they are protected and thus can barge into places to profess their addiction into the faces of others.

How would you have felt if during bible study, a fanatical muslim barges in and starts telling you that mohammed is the savior and tells you to come to their mosque on Friday?

Religious addicts are the same irrespective of the religion viz islam, christianity or nazism. They will do the most illogical as long as the leader calls them to do it.

This advert is a spam.

Thanks

2 Likes

Re: Religion: The Oldest Scam Of All by hupernikao: 5:35pm On Oct 08, 2021
truthCoder:
When a logical human cannot understand the logic behind an event or replicate its occurrence, he is usually stuck and his mind continually tries to unravel the mystery.

Humans are social beings. They move in herds and cluster together, instinctively as a protection mode. If an event becomes unexplainable, it disrupts the herd flow and humans become afraid, especially if it is life threatening.

To resolve this debacle, events are always classified into three, no matter the human gathering. They are the natural, man made and super-natural events.

We have the natural events which humans have understood to be part of the life they belong to. These are events that happen just because it is part of nature. A snake will bite if you step on its tail. When you are thirsty, taking water from a stream makes you feel better. Everyone knows this and accepts it.

We also have the man made events. When a human comes across a tract of well cultivated land, he knows it was done by a human because he too could do same. If he sees a basket, he is not troubled as he has seen his herd members do same. He can even understand and explain the process.

Finally we have the supernatural events. This a huge pit where humans dump every other thing that they can not classify as either natural or man made. Anything a human does not understand the process nor can replicate is termed supernatural. It must be noted that since we have different communities of humans each with different levels of logical understanding of events, what is natural or man-made in one community might be completely super-natural in another community. Thus a man from a community that has never seen a basket made nor understands the process might be shocked to see one on his hunting path and term it supernatural.

Your premise of argument is already flawed the moment you affirmed that the supernatural means, Anything a human does not understand the process nor can replicate.

It's an assumption that comes from your background, exposure and environment. Supernatural never meant "can't be explained". There are things supernatural, that can be taught and explained, just like there are things natural that cant be explained.

Man's life here is natural life, yet even the best of our science is yet to understand or explain how life started. Will you then term that supernatural?

Your choice of words in your write up are very subjective to your background and exposure. You cant speak on an issue as global and old as religion with a localized mindset. You will need to consult wide.

And lastly, for you to be talking of religion in its context of age-longed human practice and still refer to it as scam, makes your topic offtrack. You may need to consult a dictionary for the word "scam".

You can argue about modernize or organized religion as you want, but calling religion as related to man's existence "scam" shows you likely haven't study far on this. Religion is as old to humanity as his first intuition to his environment. Your write up never address the purpose of you writing.
Re: Religion: The Oldest Scam Of All by truthCoder: 6:01pm On Oct 08, 2021
hupernikao:

Your premise of argument is already flawed the moment you affirmed that the supernatural means, Anything a human does not understand the process nor can replicate.

It's an assumption that comes from your background, exposure and environment. Supernatural never meant "can't be explained". There are things supernatural, that can be taught and explained, just like there are things natural that cant be explained.

Man's life here is natural life, yet even the best of our science is yet to understand or explain how life started. Will you then term that supernatural?

Your choice of words in your write up are very subjective to your background and exposure. You cant speak on an issue as global and old as religion with a localized mindset. You will need to consult wide.

And lastly, for you to be talking of religion in its context of age-longed human practice and still refer to it as scam, makes your topic offtrack. You may need to consult a dictionary for the word "scam".

You can argue about modernize or organized religion as you want, but calling religion as related to man's existence "scam" shows you likely haven't study far on this. Religion is as old to humanity as his first intuition to his environment. Your write up never address the purpose of you writing.

I expect ‘defenses’ like this to come up. The bird is not yet out of the bag and you are already claiming it is a red flamingo.

Oxford dictionary defines supernatural as “events attributed to some force beyond understanding or the laws of nature “

If something is beyond understanding, how then can you explain what you dont understand?

The attempts of religion to explain “supernatural events “ will be be reviewed in further discussions. Just stay tuned.

The title of this discourse is religion as the oldest scam. How do you expect me to start without going to the beginning?

Oxford also defines a scam as “a dishonest scheme”. This discourse would focus on showing the reader how proponents of religion used the different branches to rob humans if their lives, assets and families from the beginning of time till date.

Stay tuned

1 Like

Re: Religion: The Oldest Scam Of All by hupernikao: 7:48pm On Oct 08, 2021
truthCoder:

I expect ‘defenses’ like this to come up. The bird is not yet out of the bag and you are already claiming it is a red flamingo.

Oxford dictionary defines supernatural as “events attributed to some force beyond understanding or the laws of nature “

If something is beyond understanding, how then can you explain what you dont understand?

The attempts of religion to explain “supernatural events “ will be be reviewed in further discussions. Just stay tuned.

The title of this discourse is religion as the oldest scam. How do you expect me to start without going to the beginning?

Oxford also defines a scam as “a dishonest scheme”. This discourse would focus on showing the reader how proponents of religion used the different branches to rob humans if their lives, assets and families from the beginning of time till date.

Stay tuned

Obviously, you side step a case I gave you that fault your definition of supernatural. Is man's life supernatural? Animal's life? Can you explain where and how man's life begins?

Now from your points. Since we can't explain where life begins based on your own belief, then the life we live and all animals are supernatural life. Do you agree with that. That is your premise of argument. So let's agree on this first to be on the same page. That what can't be explain is term supernatural.

This is the first.
Re: Religion: The Oldest Scam Of All by hupernikao: 7:53pm On Oct 08, 2021
truthCoder:

Stay tuned

Secondly, I told you to go and check what scam is, Check it well and inspect your usage. The reason being that your choice of words in your argument, will be taken seriously and use to examine what you know.

Scam is an act of dishonest. It means a deliberate attempt in dishonest.

Religion you portray above in all your write up can't fall into that category, as the religion you are discussing is based on man's perception, the knowing and the unknowing of his environment. That can't be called a scam.
Man didn't start up believing in supernatural or a god to scam or to use it as tool of dishonesty. It's an inherent construct in man. I have explained this earlier.

A scam is towards another. Your discussion is handling how religion begins in man not how man has used it for other means.

You will need to stay on point or correct your title to be exact on your thoughts.
Re: Religion: The Oldest Scam Of All by bobestman(m): 11:30pm On Oct 08, 2021
The best post I have seen in this Religious Section.
Many of these Religious ppl don't know that their 3 major Religion (Chrislamjew) copied from a certain indigenous people.
Their books all copied from the histories of those ppl
They don't know that all that is required is Righteousness which could be gotten by obeying the laws of the Creator or God of those ppl
The Messiah who is from those certain ppl taught Righteousness and obedience to the laws of his Father and not Religion
Many Africans don't know that those Religions was created by a ppl who hate them and they forced it on them with whips.
Those braiwashed and ignorants ppl will never believe that many things in their books were made up to control them and that the truth can only come from their own woken not religious ppl.
I weep for these ppl cos of their ignorance. May the Awakening wind blow on their faces and may it remove their blindness so they can see clearly. Iseee/Asee/Amen

2 Likes

Re: Religion: The Oldest Scam Of All by Bacteriologist(m): 12:07am On Oct 09, 2021
truthCoder:

It is extremely ironical that we have 4,300 religions in the world and a majority of them share the same concepts and principles.

*Rewards and Punishments

In summary, at religions are the same at the core. The implementation, culture and deployment is what makes them different.

I disagree completely with this.
Re: Religion: The Oldest Scam Of All by Smartb0y: 2:24am On Oct 09, 2021
truthCoder:

Thanks

TruthCoder
how do you explain voodou
Re: Religion: The Oldest Scam Of All by truthCoder: 10:22am On Oct 09, 2021
truthCoder:
Life becomes easier for the herd when every unexplainable event is termed Supernatural.

There obviously must be a being or deity that controls all those events that humans cannot explain.

The woven basket on the hunting path, the thunder that stuck the tree yesterday and setting it on fire or the sudden death of a loved one. Anything that cannot be explained is in summary done by the workings of a behind-the-scene being.

The bid to understand this being, what he/She/It/They want and how to ensure humans are on their good sides is what made the first religious scammers to invent religion.

----To be continued.

Unexplainable events will always lead to assumptions. This is in the nature of humans. Look around you. When people collectively don't have factual information about something, some people in that group will always give an assumption on the possibilities behind those events.

It was initially assumed that the earth was flat. This assumption was based on the limited knowledge available to the wise people of that period. When knowledge expanded, the assumption was dumped.

In relation to supernatural events, the long standing assumption has been that unexplainable events should have been triggered by a super being that has extreme powers.

Every herd has a leader. Be it a wolf pack or a group of humans, there will always be someone or some people who will influence decisions for the others. This leadership position always comes with reverence and respect. The leaders will always have the power to reward or punish herd members on a case by case basis. It is easy to understand why special reverence must now be given to a being who is evidently more powerful than the physical and mortal human herd leader.

Religion was invented to find a means to connect with the supernatural powers that have been identified by a herd of people. With religion, humans tried to show respect to the supernatural being, or god, and influence his or decisions for rewards and punishments via inducements usually called sacrifices.
Re: Religion: The Oldest Scam Of All by LordReed(m): 10:53am On Oct 09, 2021
Bacteriologist:

I disagree completely with this.

Why?
Re: Religion: The Oldest Scam Of All by truthCoder: 12:27pm On Oct 09, 2021
For the purpose and scope of this discourse, a god would be defined as any deity or being that the people of a particular region has attributed supernatural powers and reverence to.

Religion is the belief in and the worship of a god.

Most gods originated from humans observing events that they don't understand and attributing these events to the action of a supernatural being.
Re: Religion: The Oldest Scam Of All by truthCoder: 12:37pm On Oct 09, 2021
The first gods were primitive and related to natural events which were termed supernatural during these periods.

Yes. It is possible to downgrade an event from being supernatural to natural once knowledge increases. This has been done severally in history.

The first gods were the gods of the sun, rain, ocean, thunder, fertility, death etc.

These natural events were deemed supernatural in the very old past when humans didn't understand them, hence the worship.

Ancestor worship, the belief in life after death, the immortality of the soul and many other concepts crept in slowly over the years as religion became refined.
Re: Religion: The Oldest Scam Of All by Bacteriologist(m): 12:41pm On Oct 09, 2021
LordReed:

Why?

Religions do not share the same concepts. Now, generally you can say that religion contains the same things. But taking a closer view religions approach these things in very very different manners.

truthCoder:

True, but what the Muslim would term the spiritual world is completely different from the Christian spiritual world. You will never experience a trinity in the Islam spirit world, for example. As well as some of the spirtual concepts in Islam would be joked about in Christianity. You will find more differences as you begin to consider the spiritual words of many other religions.

truthCoder:

I might agree with this.

truthCoder:

*A collection of sacred writings or scriptures. .

Again true generally speaking, but the claims of the scriptures and the way the stories of the so-called sacred writings are written are very different in many different religions. Islam claims the Bible couldn't have been from Allah (a.k.a not sacred) and Christians claim likewise that the Quran could not have come from Yahweh.

Each religion believes its own book is the correct book and all the rest are made up. They may all have books, but that's not the point. The claims of the book are not the same in all religions. They contradict one another, therefore they literally cannot be the same.

truthCoder:

*Organized Institutions with designated leaders. .
Some less popular religions do not have an organised structure like spirituality, which is a word for many different personalised religions. Even some popular religions do not have a centralised authority, such as Hinduism and Buddhism.

truthCoder:

*Strong sense of community based on rituals and festivals. .

Most religions do encourage social festivals and rituals I would agree.

truthCoder:

*A requirement to pray to a deity..
Prayer is a common feature in most of the religions that I know of. But some religions do not make an obligation of it. Some religions do not even have a deity, such as Buddhism. So who can they be said to be praying to?

truthCoder:

*Rewards and Punishments.

I would agree with this.

truthCoder:

Sharing some similar properties does not mean they are the same. Humans share all bodily features with dogs. But that is not to say humans and dogs are the same.
L
Now, broadly speaking you could say we are both mammals, but on closer scrutiny humans and dogs are obviously different. All religions share some features, however, are not the same, because they claim different things and their values differ greatly.

This is the reason why all religions cannot all be true. But they can all be false.
Re: Religion: The Oldest Scam Of All by truthCoder: 12:53pm On Oct 09, 2021
Every religion has a priest or a leader who is tasked with communicating with the gods.

The intermediary is usually a very powerful political figure in the community. They can influence government strategies and economic direction. Their pronouncements can mean either life or death.

This powerful position has always been an avenue to amass personal wealth or power for the bearers and as such exposes the very nature of the scam which religion is.

Every religion collects. To understand the scam in any organisation, just follow the money.

Religion has always collected resources for the benefits of the priests. If the religion is not collecting physical resources, it is collecting the sweat and blood of the members. People have been told to kill for the religion. People have also been killed for the religion.

No matter the religion that is practised in any corner of the world, there is always a giver (who is the believer) and the collector (who is usually the priest on behalf of the god)

A giver is promised positive rewards that add to his or her resources here on earth or in the assumed home of the god being worshipped (called heaven). The bad humans who do not do the biddings of the religion are promised severe punishments.

When good events happen to a human, it is advertised as being a blessing from the god, when bad events happen, it is evidently the wrath of the god
Re: Religion: The Oldest Scam Of All by truthCoder: 1:01pm On Oct 09, 2021
Bacteriologist:

Religions do not share the same concepts. Now, generally you can say that religion contains the same things. But taking a closer view religions approach these things in very very different manners.

True, but what the Muslim would term the spiritual world is completely different from the Christian spiritual world. You will never experience a trinity in the Islam spirit world, for example. As well as some of the spirtual concepts in Islam would be joked about in Christianity. You will find more differences as you begin to consider the spiritual words of many other religions.

I might agree with this.

Again true generally speaking, but the claims of the scriptures and the way the stories of the so-called sacred writings are written are very different in many different religions. Islam claims the Bible couldn't have been from Allah (a.k.a not sacred) and Christians claim likewise that the Quran could not have come from Yahweh.

Each religion believes its own book is the correct book and all the rest are made up. They may all have books, but that's not the point. The claims of the book are not the same in all religions. They contradict one another, therefore they literally cannot be the same.

Some less popular religions do not have an organised structure like spirituality, which is a word for many different personalised religions. Even some popular religions do not have a centralised authority, such as Hinduism and Buddhism.

Most religions do encourage social festivals and rituals I would agree.

Prayer is a common feature in most of the religions that I know of. But some religions do not make an obligation of it. Some religions do not even have a deity, such as Buddhism. So who can they be said to be praying to?

I would agree with this.

Sharing some similar properties does not mean they are the same. Humans share all bodily features with dogs. But that is not to say humans and dogs are the same.
L
Now, broadly speaking you could say we are both mammals, but on closer scrutiny humans and dogs are obviously different. All religions share some features, however, are not the same, because they claim different things and their values differ greatly.

This is the reason why all religions cannot all be true. But they can all be false.

When you have over 4,600 variations of a concept based on different cultures and time, you cant expect them to be 100% equal in all dimensions. If people from 100 countries are told to cook rice today, they will all cook it differently. Does that mean they didn't cook rice?

In fact, it would have been a bonus for religion if all the different cultures in the world at different times were able to practice religion exactly without the influence of one community on another. If one of the 4,600 gods were real, should he or she or it not have manifested to everyone using the same template?

Islam is a plagiarized version of christianity and judaism. Islam would be discussed on its own at a later point.
Re: Religion: The Oldest Scam Of All by truthCoder: 1:28pm On Oct 09, 2021
Smartb0y:
how do you explain voodou

Voodoo is a form of religion that involves sorcery and black magic.

Magic is the application of beliefs, rituals or actions employed in the belief that they can subdue or manipulate natural or supernatural beings and forces.(Wikipedia).

In the past, people revered magic. Nowadays, the behind-the-scene workings of any magical sequence can be understood as they all involve tricks, sleight of hands and other skills learnt and practiced with time.

Magic has been the corner piece of religion.

Almost every religion has one form of magic or another.

To understand magic, you need to first understand the classifications of people within a religion. We have the tricksters and the tricked.

The tricksters know the secrets and rituals. They know the processes to recreate the tricks and they keep this knowledge a secret. We also have the tricked. This is the majority of the members of any religion. They are the sheep.

Fear is a currency spent in every religion. Mr A must do XYZ or ABC will happen to him. If he doesn't do the XYZ, the tricksters know how to ensure ABC happens to Mr A. Many means are employed.

No Voodoo can stand the test of logic. No spiritual magic can be replicated if all the tools of the tricksters are removed.

Voodoo or juju or black magic or sorcery are all tricks employed by the religious tricksters to keep people in perpetual fear.

They employ poisons, venoms, murder, arson and any tool to keep people in fear.

I always like the story of Moremi from Ife whose people were being ravaged in battle by a group of 'spirits'. These 'spirits' didn't look human and moremi decided to unravel the mystery so she allowed herself to be captured. At the next raid, she was taken by these invading spirits to their place. When they got there, she discovered that the spirits were actually humans who were dressed in raffia to look like spirits. So she escaped and went back to her people to tell them this secret. The next time the spirits attacked, the people of Ife were ready with fire. Suddenly, the spirits were afraid of fire as they didn't want to get burnt and ran away.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Religion: The Oldest Scam Of All by Smartb0y: 1:37pm On Oct 09, 2021
truthCoder:

Voodoo is a form of religion that involves sorcery and black magic.

Magic is the application of beliefs, rituals or actions employed in the belief that they can subdue or manipulate natural or supernatural beings and forces.(Wikipedia).

In the past, people revered magic. Nowadays, the behind-the-scene workings of any magical sequence can be understood as they all involve tricks, sleight of hands and other skills learnt and practiced with time.

Magic has been the corner piece of religion.

Almost every religion has one form of magic or another.

To understand magic, you need to first understand the classifications of people within a religion. We have the tricksters and the tricked.

The tricksters know the secrets and rituals. They know the processes to recreate the tricks and they keep this knowledge a secret. We also have the tricked. This is the majority of the members of
very enlightening,i look forward to more post
Re: Religion: The Oldest Scam Of All by Dtruthspeaker: 1:57pm On Oct 09, 2021
truthCoder:

Why do you have these beliefs?

Because they have been verified by me and they are profitable to me.

truthCoder:

Does it in any way relate to the environment in which you grew up or the associations you made?

That is the Power of Verification! Drinkable Water looks the same everywhere, the way it is in my town. So definitely, I believe in drinkable water because I have proven it to be truly fit for my consumption.

The same for the other things I have to regularly do.

truthCoder:

If you were born into an emirate family in Kano, would you for example still have these beliefs?

Yes! And this is where the value and right of independence is key, for definitely whilst subject and subordinate to the Owner of the house I live in, Nature has provided independence to grown persons.

And based on independence a person can act freely.

truthCoder:

Do your per chance remember that the Europeans who brought Christianity to Africa and the Invading Arabs who brought Islam did so as a means of conquest and not because they so much want your salvation?

Surely, our knowledge on this area of religion comes from the Armed Robbers who invaded our Natural Territories, However, they did bring BOTH Good and Evil things, exactly as our families, neighbours and friends sometimes do.

So it is still the same duty that we have already learnt (or ought to learn) to Separate the good from the evil where the aptness of the idiom "You do not throw away the baby with the bath water" comes in.
Re: Religion: The Oldest Scam Of All by truespeak: 2:02pm On Oct 09, 2021
truthCoder:

*Rewards and Punishments

Naah!

All religions require a devotion and regular doings of a thing or things, so you are wrong!
Re: Religion: The Oldest Scam Of All by truthCoder: 2:04pm On Oct 09, 2021
Humans are evolving with the passing of time.

So is the classification of events into the three broad categories of natural, man-made and supernatural.

Some events that have been termed supernatural in the past have been redefined as natural or even man-made.

Who remembers the film 'the gods must be crazy' where the pilot drops a coke bottle and the inhabitants below thought it was gift from the gods?

The white man was viewed as a god by many tribes initially upon first contact due to the special powers they had via their guns, medicine and dress.

The supernatural pool is reducing in contents but the brewers of religion are fighting immensely to include many things in the pool.

Things which were normal human events like getting married and having kids are now becoming more supernatural with the different interpretations of the priests.

Humans currently don't understand everything in the universe. We are too new and belong to so small a part of the universe to understand it completely. However, knowledge is increasing daily.

Proponents of religion claim that since we cannot fully explain the universe, then it supports their own theory that their own god is responsible for it.

Bertrand Russell was clear in his teapot analogy when he illustrated that "the philosophic burden of proof lies upon a person making unfalsifiable claims, rather than shifting the burden of disproof to others."

From time immemorial till date, none of the 4,600 gods have ever come out to show clarity on this concept of religion. All the gods always have communicated via the priests and tricksters who are also collecting cash from the followers. None of the gods have addressed everyone in the world at once (a power which allegedly they have).

Instead of clearing this seeming mess, what we have noticed generations after generations is the intense competition amongst these religions for followers.

Even within the same religion, other branches have stood up to compete against others all for the heart and soul of the worshippers.

The question is why?

I have discussed the primitive religions and how we all started from there. I will delve into the modern religions and how they have advanced the scams even further

to be continued....
Re: Religion: The Oldest Scam Of All by truthCoder: 2:07pm On Oct 09, 2021
truespeak:

Naah!

All religions require a devotion and regular doings of a thing or things, so you are wrong!

Please read what i wrote and then read what you wrote.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Is It Biblical To Hate Muslims Especially Terrorists? / Can Prayer Change Destiny? / .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 124
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.