Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,173 members, 7,849,622 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 06:15 AM

Religion: The Oldest Scam Of All - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Religion: The Oldest Scam Of All (2112 Views)

The Religion The Is Practicing What Jesus Taught. / How Is Religion The Cause Of Backwardness In Nigeria And Africa? / Is Religion The Problem Of The World? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Religion: The Oldest Scam Of All by Dtruthspeaker: 5:49am On Oct 11, 2021
SSIPON:

Who created the virus software that they inherited?

WRONG QUESTION!
Since there was no problem at this Stage and the Source of the Problem has been Identified, further enquiries can not be undertaken.

And you have run out of valid reasonable questions to Ask.
Re: Religion: The Oldest Scam Of All by SSIPON(m): 6:28am On Oct 11, 2021
Dtruthspeaker:

WRONG QUESTION!
Since there was no problem at this Stage and the Source of the Problem has been Identified, further enquiries can not be undertaken.

There is no such thing as a wrong question. The virus came from somewhere. Now the question is, "Who created the virus?". Since all things originate from the creator, did the creator create the virus? if no, then who did? If the creator of the virus was the creator's archenemy, who created the archenemy? If th archenemy turned against the creator? What tempted him to turn against the creator? And why does the creation have to suffer what the creator could have easily prevented in the first place?
Re: Religion: The Oldest Scam Of All by Dtruthspeaker: 6:44am On Oct 11, 2021
SSIPON:

There is no such thing as a wrong question.

There is.

When a person reaches his destination, he no longer continues to travel. HE STOPS.

And we have reached our destination, so we can no longer travel.
Re: Religion: The Oldest Scam Of All by truthCoder: 8:18am On Oct 11, 2021
Dtruthspeaker:

There is.

When a person reaches his destination, he no longer continues to travel. HE STOPS.

And we have reached our destination, so we can no longer travel.

in order words, you don't have an answer.....
Re: Religion: The Oldest Scam Of All by truthCoder: 8:22am On Oct 11, 2021
Dtruthspeaker:

WRONG QUESTION!

the creation fable of the christian and islam religion is so messed up when subject to a logical analysis.

If the creator is all knowing and all perfect, why is it that his creations have to suffer from so much imperfections?

It is like Apple making iPhones with so many faults and blaming the phones for the faults. To make matters worse, apple keeps making phones with bad components for thousands of years, never for once correcting the flaw and still expecting the phones to correct themselves.
Re: Religion: The Oldest Scam Of All by Nobody: 8:55am On Oct 11, 2021
truthCoder:

Don't mind him

Unlike budaatum and some other bastards that go off point , diverting and turning statements upside down

You never said anything unrelated to the topic

You never asked an unrelated question

That bastard will still come up with another diversion

She is not a billionaire but she's more unnecessarily arrogant than a billionaire

She denies her own statements yet accuses others baselessly

MaxInDHouse and Image123 have proven to be pointless by pointlessly defending pointlessness

The worst that can be done is the use of arms and ammunitions towards death
Re: Religion: The Oldest Scam Of All by Dtruthspeaker: 5:45pm On Oct 11, 2021
truthCoder:

the creation fable of the christian and islam religion is so messed up when subject to a logical analysis.

If the creator is all knowing and all perfect, why is it that his creations have to suffer from so much imperfections?

The topic is not about creation.

truthCoder:

It is like Apple making iPhones with so many faults and blaming the phones for the faults. To make matters worse, apple keeps making phones with bad components for thousands of years, never for once correcting the flaw and still expecting the phones to correct themselves.

A BAD PRODUCT IS NOT THE SAME AS A DAMAGED PRODUCT, SO GET IT RIGHT! grin
Re: Religion: The Oldest Scam Of All by Dtruthspeaker: 5:48pm On Oct 11, 2021
truthCoder:

In other words, after our final exam paper, the exam is OVER AND CAN NOT CONTINUE.
Re: Religion: The Oldest Scam Of All by Pastafari: 5:49pm On Oct 11, 2021
truthCoder:

Have you tried the creation of my religion?
You may want to try it before taking your final decision to become an irreligous.
Re: Religion: The Oldest Scam Of All by truthCoder: 7:49pm On Oct 11, 2021
Pastafari:
Have you tried the creation of my religion?
You may want to try it before taking your final decision to become an irreligous.

What is your religion?
Re: Religion: The Oldest Scam Of All by Pastafari: 8:01pm On Oct 11, 2021
truthCoder:

What is your religion?
Pastafarianism
Re: Religion: The Oldest Scam Of All by truthCoder: 9:05pm On Oct 11, 2021
Pastafari:
Pastafarianism
Lol
Re: Religion: The Oldest Scam Of All by Pastafari: 9:26pm On Oct 11, 2021
truthCoder:

Lol
what's funny?
Re: Religion: The Oldest Scam Of All by sonmvayina(m): 10:48pm On Oct 11, 2021
I really blame the catholic for this mess they caused to mankind..
Re: Religion: The Oldest Scam Of All by Smartb0y: 11:08pm On Oct 11, 2021
I fall somewhere inbetween this religion mumbo jumbo. I simply cannot make up my mind if there is a supreme being or not.
The more scientific we get,the less humane we become.
@op,i asked yesterday "what's our purpose on this earth",although your response was meaningful,you failed to see the angle i was projecting it from.
Still i love what you're doing here.its really nice to have something(perspective) different for a change.
My contribution: Always ask questions,whether you're afraid or comfortable with what you believe in,for in that moment when you stop asking questions,you've lost the true "BELIEF/RELIGION"
Re: Religion: The Oldest Scam Of All by Nobody: 11:17pm On Oct 11, 2021
Dtruthspeaker:

In other words, after our final exam paper, the exam is OVER AND CAN NOT CONTINUE.

You are deceiving yourself
Re: Religion: The Oldest Scam Of All by truthCoder: 5:40am On Oct 12, 2021
Pastafari:
Pastafarianism

Tell us about your religion then

Tell us your creation story

Tell us why your religion is supreme
Re: Religion: The Oldest Scam Of All by truthCoder: 5:53am On Oct 12, 2021
sonmvayina:
I really blame the catholic for this mess they caused to mankind..

On the other hand, I actually appreciate the catholic for putting a hold on the islamic jihadist.

The crusades helped in setting stumbling blocks for the terror spreading islamists. The whole world would have been under total islamic darkness by now.

The case of Nigeria, if the British has delayed their coming by just 50 years, the whole south west would have been under islamic rule.

Of all gods ever invented by man, the islamic god has proven to be one of the worst, even more brutal than the aztec gods in human sacrifice appetite.

1 Like

Re: Religion: The Oldest Scam Of All by truthCoder: 6:13am On Oct 12, 2021
Smartb0y:
I fall somewhere inbetween this religion mumbo jumbo. I simply cannot make up my mind if there is a supreme being or not.
The more scientific we get,the less humane we become.
@op,i asked yesterday "what's our purpose on this earth",although your response was meaningful,you failed to see the angle i was projecting it from.
Still i love what you're doing here.its really nice to have something(perspective) different for a change.
My contribution: Always ask questions,whether you're afraid or comfortable with what you believe in,for in that moment when you stop asking questions,you've lost the true "BELIEF/RELIGION"

We humans are environmental magnets. We attract influences from the society in which we grow up. Despite the seeming differences we have on the outside, we have similar hardware specs inside. If you bring a spanish baby and raise him in a core yoruba village with no spanish influence, he would grow up speaking yoruba and loving yoruba food. He won't just start speaking spanish magically unless he learns it.

Most of us grew up in religious homes. We learnt to go to churches and mosques or conduct our religions' rituals as a part of life. It is not easy to just remove this cloak especially since we are still within that environment.

It takes a long time of studies, logical thoughts and allowing your mind to unbiased analysis and even at that, to take the step is not easy.

Take your time. One thing i want to assure is that you are not going to any hell for thinking it true.

The Bible in 1John 4 vs 1 says "do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits to see whether they are from God, for many false prophets have gone out into the world. The Bible even acknowledges that there are many false prophets (and religions?) and implores you to 'test every spirit'. It tells you this so you can remain in its hold but if you extrapolate this admonition to actually test every spirit, then the christian god's spirit also should be subject to your test. Can the christian god pass its own tests? Human sacrifice, wars, corruption, hate, etc...If the christian god is actually represented by these pastors and bishops with their corruption and excessive feeding on the poor.

I will end this by another quote from the Bible:
Matthew 7:15-20
15 “Beware of false prophets, who come to you in sheep’s clothing, but inwardly they are ravenous wolves. 16 You will know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes from thornbushes or figs from thistles? 17 Even so, every good tree bears good fruit, but a bad tree bears bad fruit. 18 A good tree cannot bear bad fruit, nor can a bad tree bear good fruit. 19 Every tree that does not bear good fruit is cut down and thrown into the fire. 20 Therefore by their fruits you will know them.

Replace prophets with religion and it suddenly becomes clearer.

1 Like

Re: Religion: The Oldest Scam Of All by Pastafari: 6:40am On Oct 12, 2021
truthCoder:

Tell us about your religion then

Tell us your creation story

Tell us why your religion is supreme
Our creator is the only treu God, the Flying Spaghetti Monster.
Our religion is Supreme because it is backed by empirical evidence
Re: Religion: The Oldest Scam Of All by truthCoder: 6:43am On Oct 12, 2021
Pastafari:
Our creator is the only treu God, the Flying Spaghetti Monster.
Our religion is Supreme because it is backed by empirical evidence

ok. happy flying bro.
Re: Religion: The Oldest Scam Of All by Alienhunter: 10:58am On Apr 11, 2022
truthCoder:

Voodoo is a form of religion that involves sorcery and black magic.

Magic is the application of beliefs, rituals or actions employed in the belief that they can subdue or manipulate natural or supernatural beings and forces.(Wikipedia).

In the past, people revered magic. Nowadays, the behind-the-scene workings of any magical sequence can be understood as they all involve tricks, sleight of hands and other skills learnt and practiced with time.

Magic has been the corner piece of religion.

Almost every religion has one form of magic or another.

To understand magic, you need to first understand the classifications of people within a religion. We have the tricksters and the tricked.

The tricksters know the secrets and rituals. They know the processes to recreate the tricks and they keep this knowledge a secret. We also have the tricked. This is the majority of the members of any religion. They are the sheep.

Fear is a currency spent in every religion. Mr A must do XYZ or ABC will happen to him. If he doesn't do the XYZ, the tricksters know how to ensure ABC happens to Mr A. Many means are employed.

No Voodoo can stand the test of logic. No spiritual magic can be replicated if all the tools of the tricksters are removed.

Voodoo or juju or black magic or sorcery are all tricks employed by the religious tricksters to keep people in perpetual fear.

They employ poisons, venoms, murder, arson and any tool to keep people in fear.

I always like the story of Moremi from Ife whose people were being ravaged in battle by a group of 'spirits'. These 'spirits' didn't look human and moremi decided to unravel the mystery so she allowed herself to be captured. At the next raid, she was taken by these invading spirits to their place. When they got there, she discovered that the spirits were actually humans who were dressed in raffia to look like spirits. So she escaped and went back to her people to tell them this secret. The next time the spirits attacked, the people of Ife were ready with fire. Suddenly, the spirits were afraid of fire as they didn't want to get burnt and ran away.

A recent comment from you brought me to your page. I liked the reasoning there. But, as with all intelligence on earth, you have made the inevitable blunder. Whether it is Jordan Peterson or a random Kevin Yue I'm admiring, they all fall into this trap; getting over their heads.

Let me give you a tip (because you have potential), intelligence is no different from wealth or political power. It can be developed. And if you aren't extremely vigilant, it will consume you the same way power corrupts. It will be your doom. Beware.

Now, to your general mindset about religions: you are like a train that was on track and then derailed because you assume too much. In this particular post, you try to explain magic away. Yet you clearly have no clue how real magic works. Wisdom is you NOT explaining what you do not understand, like God or the history of mankind. If you attempt it, your ignorance will stink like a skunk, as it does here. And when the wise attempt to explain what they do not fully understand, they always leave a caveat that says "I don't know, maybe I missed something" lest they misguide others. If you are reckless with intelligence, you abuse power.
Re: Religion: The Oldest Scam Of All by truthCoder: 11:03am On Apr 11, 2022
Alienhunter:

A recent comment from you brought me to your page. I liked the reasoning there. But, as with all intelligence on earth, you have made the inevitable blunder. Whether it is Jordan Peterson or a random Kevin Yue I'm admiring, they all fall into this trap; getting over their heads.

Let me give you a tip (because you have potential), intelligence is no different from wealth or political power. It can be developed. And if you aren't extremely vigilant, it will consume you the same way power corrupts. It will be your doom. Beware.

Now, to your general mindset about religions: you are like a train that was on track and then derailed because you assume too much. In this particular post, you try to explain magic away. Yet you clearly have no clue how real magic works. Wisdom is you NOT explaining what you do not understand, like God or the history of mankind. If you attempt it, your ignorance will stink like a skunk, as it does here. And when the wise attempt to explain what they do not fully understand, they always leave a caveat that says "I don't know, maybe I missed something" lest they misguide others. If you are reckless with intelligence, you abuse power.

Can you summarize your point?

All these words and i have no clue of what you want to say.
Re: Religion: The Oldest Scam Of All by Alienhunter: 1:32pm On Apr 11, 2022
truthCoder:

Can you summarize your point?

All these words and i have no clue of what you want to say.

I take back all I said to you. You are correct and wise. Enjoy your day.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

On The Issue Of Star Stealing And Spiritual Husbands And Wife / Which Church Do You Attend / Beware NOT Everyone Posting Here Are Human Beings

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 124
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.