Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,547 members, 7,812,736 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 06:17 PM

My Hubby Now Detests Me Cause I Don’t Pick My Calls - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Hubby Now Detests Me Cause I Don’t Pick My Calls (2158 Views)

My Fiancée Has Stopped Picking My Calls, Please Advise Me On What To Do / From Befriending Widow To Sleeping With Our Maid, My Hubby Has Done It All- Wife / My Hubby Is A Nymphomaniac, Please Help (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Hubby Now Detests Me Cause I Don’t Pick My Calls by Dclog: 8:02pm On Oct 08, 2021
Before I begin let me point this outfit. I am a mess, I can be a mess. I am very non challant about everything in this life, I hardly take anything serious, even me myself I don’t take me serious. Maybe that’s why I do t know how to wear makeup.
I am in to fashion, I sell clothes, so I go to the market most of the time almost daily to shop for prints. As soon as I am in the market, I forget everything my mind is fully in my hustle that I might not even hear my phone ring ( does this happen to anyone else) during this period if oga calls and I am don’t pick his call. Wahala big one. All means to explain to him that I get engrossed sometimes in shopping has proved abortive
So I sought for a solution and got a second phone that probably rings louder hoping this will help my people still nothing oo sometimes I might not even know the phone ringing is mine
Each time I pick up the phone and see all his missed calls i immediately hate myself. Cause he has always warned that I stay reacheable severally I have even lost count and warned that the next time it happens it’s over
In as much as I’m carefree, I care about this man a lot and I hate seeing him mad so I find myself treading with caution Checking my phones at intervals or sometimes even holding it so u would know if it rings.
But somehow he just thinks I am intentionally doing it, he finds it unbelievable that someone will have a phone and not pick calls. Many times than more the iPhone will just move to silence on its own or either by mistake
Now this has caused distance between us. This isn’t something I can fight cause it isn’t intentional but hubby has concluded it is.
Is there anyone that is this carefree with their phones how does your partner handle it, do they hate you for this reason or your guys just walk through it like it’s a norm

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Hubby Now Detests Me Cause I Don’t Pick My Calls by Nobody: 8:11pm On Oct 08, 2021
Don't dish out what you can't take, if the reverse was the case you will accuse him of cheating. Find a way to stop this bad habit permanently before he permanently drift away from you

27 Likes

Re: My Hubby Now Detests Me Cause I Don’t Pick My Calls by Nobody: 8:15pm On Oct 08, 2021
As a mess and a carefree person that you are why not allow him take a second wife that will be there for him when he calls?
Hanti work on yasef, get a PA or sales girl or someone who is close to always remind you of the phone. It is called handset for a reason.

8 Likes

Re: My Hubby Now Detests Me Cause I Don’t Pick My Calls by DaddyRochie1642: 8:16pm On Oct 08, 2021
Iyaebe:
Don't dish out what you can't take, if the reverse was the case you will accuse him of cheating. Find a way to stop this bad habit permanently before he permanently drift away from you

So you're Wise like this

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Hubby Now Detests Me Cause I Don’t Pick My Calls by Kobojunkie: 8:17pm On Oct 08, 2021
Dclog:
Now this has caused distance between us. This isn’t something I can fight cause it isn’t intentional but hubby has concluded it is.
Is there anyone that is this carefree with their phones how does your partner handle it, do they hate you for this reason or your guys just walk through it like it’s a norm
What in the world is a norm where marriage is concerned? Why does it matter what other folks do I'm their own relationships regarding this. Focus on resolving your own issues abeg. undecided

You are able to change your phone habits - Anyone is able to do it. The question however is do you want to accommodate your husband in this or not? undecided

1 Like

Re: My Hubby Now Detests Me Cause I Don’t Pick My Calls by Nobody: 8:19pm On Oct 08, 2021
Hmm..Marriage wahala no dey finish. My sister it is well... smiley
Re: My Hubby Now Detests Me Cause I Don’t Pick My Calls by socialmediaman: 8:19pm On Oct 08, 2021
Madam you’re playing with your marriage. Many men will end relationships because of exactly what you described, especially if there’s no resolution in sight. Self discipline is important to maintain a healthy relationship. Once you lose that connection with him, you can’t simply turn a switch back to what it used to be, it’s gone!

If it helps, buy an Apple or Smart Watch that vibrates on your wrist when your phone rings.

Update:
This isn’t your case, but I’ve come across some people who do it because they’re worried he’ll stay too long on the phone when they’re in the middle of business and need to concentrate. What I tell them is, pick his call, explain the situation and promise to call back once you’re disposed. With time he’ll reduce his frequency without being offended

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Hubby Now Detests Me Cause I Don’t Pick My Calls by ramaju: 8:20pm On Oct 08, 2021
See self justification.

2 Likes

Re: My Hubby Now Detests Me Cause I Don’t Pick My Calls by sisisioge: 8:24pm On Oct 08, 2021
I like simple solutions to issues. Just buy those blue tooth earpiece and wear one whenever you're in the market or the wristwatch. You cant miss those. Good luck.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Hubby Now Detests Me Cause I Don’t Pick My Calls by Sonnobax15(m): 8:39pm On Oct 08, 2021
DaddyRochie1642:

So you're Wise like this
lipsrsealed I'm even surprised as well

Re: My Hubby Now Detests Me Cause I Don’t Pick My Calls by yungchop: 8:40pm On Oct 08, 2021
Ended my last relationship because of this. How exactly the Bleep will I keep calling and you won't pick?? Imagine you also saying you're non challant about this shitty attitude. In my own case, even texts she replied only when she feels like. That is wickedness.

5 Likes

Re: My Hubby Now Detests Me Cause I Don’t Pick My Calls by chatinent: 9:01pm On Oct 08, 2021
I assume you had the time in the world to type this and that showed you are really concerned about the issue.

Get a phone you can navigate well.

For a start, when you get to work after a while, call him to know how he is doing. Make a routine.

Maybe he is worried you don't call, and you don't receive either. It is hurtful and can introduce suspicion.

Keep your phone handy.

All will be fine if you prioritise more important things over material things.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Hubby Now Detests Me Cause I Don’t Pick My Calls by Elporo(m): 9:12pm On Oct 08, 2021
Dclog:

In as much as I’m carefree, I care about this man a lot and I hate seeing him mad so I find myself treading with caution Checking my phones at

Madam, are you really sure you care about this man? wink

3 Likes

Re: My Hubby Now Detests Me Cause I Don’t Pick My Calls by Rubbiish(m): 9:32pm On Oct 08, 2021
@ Dclog
What u are saying doesn't even make sense!
How do u manage your business without knowing how to use your phone? Don't u have parents & siblings? How do they communicate with u? No one will tolerate this kind of attitude! Your husband really tried for tolerating u this long!

3 Likes

Re: My Hubby Now Detests Me Cause I Don’t Pick My Calls by PrimadonnaO(f): 10:04pm On Oct 08, 2021
I personally don't know what to say about this to ease your distress.

I think it's really irresponsible when an adult using a phone cannot be easily reached.

Personally, I get pissed when my calls go unanswered, worse when it's even a habit.

There'd always be one-off situations, but you must try to do something about putting an end to the recurrence.

Please get a smart watch or original buetooth pods.

6 Likes

Re: My Hubby Now Detests Me Cause I Don’t Pick My Calls by Nobody: 10:10pm On Oct 08, 2021
If this has been going on for the most part of your marriage, then he should be used to it by now and adjust.
Everything is about understanding. Since you've already explained to him that it's because you're always engrossed in your biz that you don't get to hear your phone ring, he should have stopped calling you during biz hours.

Let him get busy and stop disturbing you with incessant calls.

2 Likes

Re: My Hubby Now Detests Me Cause I Don’t Pick My Calls by Danjikanbauchi: 11:23pm On Oct 08, 2021
Last time I shot my Indian girlfriend because of this shitty act of missing my 3 calls. Gave her two bullets on her head. undecided undecided be careful
Re: My Hubby Now Detests Me Cause I Don’t Pick My Calls by Danjikanbauchi: 11:25pm On Oct 08, 2021
Mercychen:
If this has been going on for the most part of your marriage, then he should be used to it by now and adjust.
Everything is about understanding. Since you've already explained to him that it's because you're always engrossed in your biz that you don't get to hear your phone ring, he should have stopped calling you during biz hours.

if you tryed this shiiit with me ama closed the shop and sell it off or you pack out of me house.
Re: My Hubby Now Detests Me Cause I Don’t Pick My Calls by Justbehave(m): 11:36pm On Oct 08, 2021
Iyaebe:
So this girl get small sense?
Re: My Hubby Now Detests Me Cause I Don’t Pick My Calls by Justbehave(m): 11:40pm On Oct 08, 2021
Mercychen:

Rubbish. Op take this and watch your home get destroyed.

1 Like

Re: My Hubby Now Detests Me Cause I Don’t Pick My Calls by Justbehave(m): 11:45pm On Oct 08, 2021
Madam better go and apologize to your husband and take corrections.Put yourself in his shoes and ask yourself if you can condone such act from him.
Re: My Hubby Now Detests Me Cause I Don’t Pick My Calls by bigjackass: 1:03am On Oct 09, 2021
How will it be if your marriage hits the rocks because of this nonsense you posted here. Sorry but you are not a wise person at all. You will come to your senses when you finally drive your husband away from the marriage

1 Like

Re: My Hubby Now Detests Me Cause I Don’t Pick My Calls by Nobody: 3:29am On Oct 09, 2021
DaddyRochie1642:

So you're Wise like this

As in eh...
Her replies don dey make sense this days o grin
Re: My Hubby Now Detests Me Cause I Don’t Pick My Calls by Nobody: 3:33am On Oct 09, 2021
Mercychen:

I sincerely hope your response will be the same if the case were reversed and by the way can't she adjust?? Why does it have to be the man that'll make the adjustments??

1 Like

Re: My Hubby Now Detests Me Cause I Don’t Pick My Calls by Vision101(m): 3:35am On Oct 09, 2021
Some married women are like this. My wife is one of them. She will keep her phone somewhere and be somewhere else. I will always tell her that the phone is called mobile phone.

Even I, when I'm in some activities I don't like my phone around me. In some days I don't receive calls for half of the day but as soon as I'm free I'll begin to return all the calls. Even unsaved numbers that called me twice, I'll return the call.

Try and change the habit hence it's an issue. Cultivate the habit of calling him when you are free even when he didn't call and tell him that you are using the opportunity to let him know you're missing his calls were not deliberate.

Different wahala for relationships.

2 Likes

Re: My Hubby Now Detests Me Cause I Don’t Pick My Calls by Piptocoin: 3:40am On Oct 09, 2021
Why does he always have to do the calling? Don't you care about him to call him as often as he does?
Re: My Hubby Now Detests Me Cause I Don’t Pick My Calls by Nobody: 4:31am On Oct 09, 2021
Danjikanbauchi:
if you tryed this shiiit with me ama closed the shop and sell it off or you pack out of me house.

Story.

Favfables:

I sincerely hope your response will be the same if the case were reversed and by the way can't she adjust?? Why does it have to be the man that'll make the adjustments??

It will still be same same. I don't see why you should be disturbing people with unnecessary calls when you know they are busy. Apart from emergency calls ( which is not even the case here) any other call at such times is not necessary. Let him learn to live with it.

2 Likes

Re: My Hubby Now Detests Me Cause I Don’t Pick My Calls by Shokoloko(f): 4:33am On Oct 09, 2021
Dclog:
Before I begin let me point this outfit. I am a mess, I can be a mess. I am very non challant about everything in this life, I hardly take anything serious, even me myself I don’t take me serious. Maybe that’s why I do t know how to wear makeup.
I am in to fashion, I sell clothes, so I go to the market most of the time almost daily to shop for prints. As soon as I am in the market, I forget everything my mind is fully in my hustle that I might not even hear my phone ring ( does this happen to anyone else) during this period if oga calls and I am don’t pick his call. Wahala big one. All means to explain to him that I get engrossed sometimes in shopping has proved abortive
So I sought for a solution and got a second phone that probably rings louder hoping this will help my people still nothing oo sometimes I might not even know the phone ringing is mine
Each time I pick up the phone and see all his missed calls i immediately hate myself. Cause he has always warned that I stay reacheable severally I have even lost count and warned that the next time it happens it’s over
In as much as I’m carefree, I care about this man a lot and I hate seeing him mad so I find myself treading with caution Checking my phones at intervals or sometimes even holding it so u would know if it rings.
But somehow he just thinks I am intentionally doing it, he finds it unbelievable that someone will have a phone and not pick calls. Many times than more the iPhone will just move to silence on its own or either by mistake

Ty this solution.
Think about the best time you can be reached. Let him know that staying reachable and chasing money hardly go hand in hand. Choose two particular hours that you will be reachable, perhaps 10-11am and 2-3pm.

Put a reminder or alarm on your phone. Once it gets to that time call him or hold the phone in your hand and find a quiet spot or text him.

You are not carefree. Your personality is the type that loves routine and not spontaneity. If you have a time set out for your husband's calls you will not have this issue anymore
Re: My Hubby Now Detests Me Cause I Don’t Pick My Calls by Nobody: 5:17am On Oct 09, 2021
Mercychen:

Story.

It will still be same same. I don't see why you should be disturbing people with unnecessary calls when you know they are busy. Apart from emergency calls ( which is not even the case here) any other call at such times is not necessary. Let him learn to live with it.

How would you know when church call is emergency if you don't pick it up?? Abi is there a way to know if a call is an emergency call by not picking it??

And you haven't answered me, why does it have to be the man who'll adjust, why can't the woman adjust??

1 Like

Re: My Hubby Now Detests Me Cause I Don’t Pick My Calls by Nobody: 5:18am On Oct 09, 2021
Mercychen:

Story.

How would you know when a call is emergency if you don't pick it up?? Abi is there a way to know if a call is an emergency call by not picking it??

And you haven't answered me, why does it have to be the man who'll adjust, why can't the woman adjust??

1 Like

Re: My Hubby Now Detests Me Cause I Don’t Pick My Calls by Nobody: 5:38am On Oct 09, 2021
Favfables:

How would you know when a call is emergency if you don't pick it up?? Abi is there a way to know if a call is an emergency call by not picking it??

I'm sure OP is already so used to the calls that she has unconsciously formed an impression of it and prolly knows when its not an emergency call. Too much of everything makes it lose relevance.

To your question. The woman obviously cant adjust because it a weakness she has and that she already admitted in her post that she can't help it even though she has tried severally to change. As for the man who still has the will power, it will be a lot easier for him to do.

2 Likes

Re: My Hubby Now Detests Me Cause I Don’t Pick My Calls by Danjikanbauchi: 5:54am On Oct 09, 2021
Mercychen:

It will still be same same. I don't see why you should be disturbing people with unnecessary calls when you know they are busy. Apart from emergency calls ( which is not even the case here) any other call at such times is not necessary. Let him learn to live with it.. tongue

Aaah see small pikin brain oooo. Walahi I can swear you never pass 22 years. Because if na like this you deh reason then marriage still far from you.the Aunty I mean the OP is matured and married she don't want drama inaher home.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Who’s The Mom” – Mom And Lookalike Daughter Leaves Many Gushing Over Their Dance / Should I Go Thru Wit My Weddin / Meet Seyi Kolade Nigerian Woman Who Has Slept With 370 Men

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.