Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,809 members, 7,806,266 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 01:45 PM

Men Please Try And Reduce Your Stress And Live.. Real Life Lesson - Family (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Men Please Try And Reduce Your Stress And Live.. Real Life Lesson (47597 Views)

I Want To Divorce And Live Alone / Men,Please leave people's wives alone! / Men, Please Be Good And Kind To Your Wife If You Wish To Enjoy Your Old Age (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Men Please Try And Reduce Your Stress And Live.. Real Life Lesson by Blessiing(f): 7:53pm On Oct 10, 2021
Osobi32:
Nothing in this world is worth the stress and I will never allow any woman to stress me. Despite the stress men go through and the sacrifices they make on daily basis to make ends meet and to provide for the family, it will shock u to know that ur children will always choose their mother over u. The thought of this alone dey pain me! I came across a post on Facebook two days ago where a guy said he had 500k to share btwn his parent and that he need an advice on how to share the money...... I was surprised at the response I saw. 95% of the comments was for him to give his mom 450k and give the father 50k. Honestly I dropped tears

I will never choose my mother over my father because honestly that man has spent all his life trying to give me the best, he has been my confidant, my mentor, my advicer, my best. Friend and everything.... I dont care what anyone says but before i give my mum anything, my father would have gotten his first, i see all his struggles, silent tears and jist praying for God to bless me to fufill all my promises to him..

4 Likes

Re: Men Please Try And Reduce Your Stress And Live.. Real Life Lesson by Timoleon(m): 7:54pm On Oct 10, 2021
It’s really complicated my brother.
jojothaiv:
Going through this thread will make you understand why Wale 'It's Complicated' is really complicated.

Re: Men Please Try And Reduce Your Stress And Live.. Real Life Lesson by Amarisco(f): 8:03pm On Oct 10, 2021
WinningEleven:

You dont just come, copy and paste links and tell me you have brought proof. do you even know what a citation is

Outline the statement(s) and paragraph(s) supporting your earlier claims, telling me the exact links and page number on the research paper. This is just so lazy from your part. If it were a professpr that asked you to do what i asked of you now, you would carryover that course, no questions asked

I made a statement, gave you the references to scientific papers - not gossip magazines - that supported the statement to enable you do your own wider reading, and now you want me to copy and paste excerpts for you. Who are you?

Why not ask me to knit you a blanket too so I can read them out to you as a bedtime story.

At age 19 you don’t know how to read or follow up on research and you have the audacity to be simulating a false online reality of what it would feel like to be a whole professor. Are you feeling fine?

Stay in school pumpkin.

1 Like

Re: Men Please Try And Reduce Your Stress And Live.. Real Life Lesson by denobaba: 8:03pm On Oct 10, 2021
drimzsmoke:

Lolz,I read your other post so I'm guessing you're married,might be wrong though ...Before woman empowerment and female education,life didn't favour women either.They go to farm with our fathers,tilled the soil while pregnant,came home to cook,wash clothes and slept with our fathers when they wanted it,and our fathers kept quite a number of them(wives) then.Even in the bible,this is the same role given to women,they were at the receiving end before now....Now we are in the new age,women have evolved to the new world,men are finding it hard to cope with it
Common sense dictates I carry my woman's bag when leaving the house together
Common sense dictates I'm with her in the kitchen while cooking and assist with grating of the pepper and seiving the rice to pour inside warmer while she makes the stew
Common sense dictates you allow her hold the remote and change TV station in case of raining day
Common sense dictates I do the laundry while she go spread on the line or vice versa
Common sense dictates I follow her to the market,waits and carry whatever she is pricing/buying
Common sense dictates I carry baby and change diaper while she's washing baby's clothes or EVEN some nights when she's too tired to get up
Common sense dictates I stimulate her clitoris with whatever to make her cum and then insert my penis and do my own ejaculation afterwards
Common sense dictates we bring our resources together
I'm tired to keep on typing....there's a whole lot of common sense blah blah blah jare

With all these I've typed,some will think I'm a sissy, grin grin grin grin grin grin...if I'm "paraing",as in,ti ba decide lati para or if I decide to change it for her,na on top her knees she go dey cry dey beg me
I wish you luck, bro. Sail thee well! May common sense be there for you
when the storms come hitting. Enjoy!

1 Like

Re: Men Please Try And Reduce Your Stress And Live.. Real Life Lesson by Osobi32(m): 8:06pm On Oct 10, 2021
Blessiing:

I will never choose my mother over my father because honestly that man has spent all his life trying to give me the best, he has been my confidant, my mentor, my advicer, my best. Friend and everything.... I dont care what anyone says but before i give my mum anything, my father would have gotten his first, i see all his struggles, silent tears and jist praying for God to bless me to fufill all my promises to him..
God will surely bless u and give u the grace to fulfil ur promises.
Re: Men Please Try And Reduce Your Stress And Live.. Real Life Lesson by mrdipye(m): 8:09pm On Oct 10, 2021
Take it easy on yourself
Re: Men Please Try And Reduce Your Stress And Live.. Real Life Lesson by Belafonte(m): 8:10pm On Oct 10, 2021
Pataricatering:
Demanding your husband comes home after 8 pm is being ungrateful? Instead she should let him keep driving till 2 or 3 in the morning ?.even uber tries to limit the number of hours drivers drive just to reduce their stress- so a wife trying to reduce her husband's hours is being ungrateful ? Its better for your wife's not to talk in the house because any thing a woman utters seems to be either a challenge to your manhood or nagging - even if its for your own good .

This is nothing but sophistry and obfuscation that adds absolutely nothing of value to the thread.

You think any man wants to work at 1am or 2am? grin. Is it not common sense that of he hasn't reached his target he has to work more hours? You think Nigerian uber drivers just love waking up at 4am and getting home at 10pm? Smh

If this is the kind of logic you use in responding to your husband's arguments and assertions, no wonder he doesn't want to hear one more word from you. Some talk just makes one feel ill. smh

4 Likes

Re: Men Please Try And Reduce Your Stress And Live.. Real Life Lesson by Osobi32(m): 8:10pm On Oct 10, 2021
revcompaty:

So saddening.....
Have you ever pause to realize how many times mother's day is being celebrated in a year compared to father's day?
exactly what am talking about. I never knew what my father went through until I became a father, all the times he comes home and night and my mom will be acting up. Niggar must have had a rough day, maybe swallowed insults from different angle just to provide for his family and yet never get appreciated. This is really sad

6 Likes

Re: Men Please Try And Reduce Your Stress And Live.. Real Life Lesson by drimzsmoke(m): 8:17pm On Oct 10, 2021
denobaba:
I wish you luck, bro. Sail thee well, may common sense be there for you
Amen and you too...Boss,I just sent you an email,please,would you be kind enough to reply....Thanks
Re: Men Please Try And Reduce Your Stress And Live.. Real Life Lesson by Belafonte(m): 8:22pm On Oct 10, 2021
hedonido:
That's why it's very painful when I see well to do or even very rich men who have been mumufied by their 'dependant' wife or girlfriend who herself is from a broke background.

The least a guy can do for himself when he is expected to bear all the financial pressure in the union (whether he's dealing with a wife, girlfriend, fling or olosho) is to assert and exert his utter masculine dominance, almost to a stupendous/dictatorial/uncompromising extent. There's no nice way to say this.

I would like this a thousand times if I could. I will not get married until I know I'm set for life and my wife must ask me before she even thinks of thinking. If I deserve no respect because of lack of money, every kobo I have must count towards my respect

4 Likes

Re: Men Please Try And Reduce Your Stress And Live.. Real Life Lesson by Gunayo(m): 8:22pm On Oct 10, 2021
Taywon:
I lost my dad last year (age 62) as a result of sickness ... A very hard working man (an accountant).... His whole body system shut down .... Am still not happy about his departure.

This was a man i had great plans for.

Same here bro. Reason why God create them while we sleep still baffle me. They are the cause of most men's death. This world would have been better without them.

Re: Men Please Try And Reduce Your Stress And Live.. Real Life Lesson by InvertedHammer: 8:23pm On Oct 10, 2021
murphyibiam15:
I'm trying to encourage our men here to take good care of their health, physically and mentally.

It's not like women don't have theirs but those of the men are very much noticeable in the sense that it takes a toll on their physical and mental health.

(1) I entered lagos two weeks ago and I needed to take uber, this uber driver as I can guess will be bw his 50s and 60s.He needed to send money to his wife (3k)but somehow he couldn't do transfer since he was driving me but I helped him with my bank app while he gave me cash. Do you know after transferring the money his wife was ungrateful and demanded he returns home immediately (that was around 8pm).Now,the man started complaining to me how whether he brings money or not how his wife keeps complaining and he said he's pitying Nigerian men who are getting married to strange women and giving birth without knowing what they're going into. He looked stressed out and trying to make ends meet but yet his wife added more burden, not just financially but mentally. So tell me how this kind of stressed man won't die out so sooner than later. He was lucky somehow that one of his children got a scholarship to study in India.

(2) I attended a friend's wedding and to my utmost shock both fathers of the celebrants are late. Only their moms are still alive while other relatives represented their fathers. So I was wondering how their moms are still alive while their fathers are late.
Some may say men marry younger women that's why they die out but from the mothers of those celebrants they're not up to 60 years, so how much age difference that will make the two men be late?

Im saying this because I have noticed lots of people esp men are passing through a lot of stress, please men don't allow your wives, siblings or anything infact to overstress you to the point of dying out in time. We men aren't super beings, try to take things easy.

Just my 2cents, bye.
/
I have never met a happily married woman. Na so so complain complain. Forget the all smiley public display of affection.
Only idiotic man will try to impress a wife/woman. Just do your "best" and leave the rest to God. The few who tried ended up dead early.
/

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Men Please Try And Reduce Your Stress And Live.. Real Life Lesson by Belafonte(m): 8:23pm On Oct 10, 2021
cbrezy:

I'm really scared my dad is heading to 70's and my mum is the type that never contributed in our life financially but she's also ungrateful if my dad give her money and she's always complaining that my dad should complete our house in the village when she know that things are not going well for him, and my dad lose his first born son in 2018 from a strange health condition or attack and my dad was even scammed by spiritualist and even people who called their self Pastors and this has been hurting my dad but my mum keep pressuring him. embarassed

It is you, the children that can defend the poor man in his old age. Your mum will not rest until he gives up the ghost. That's when you children will be forming fake tears and "he was a good man". Honour him while he's still alive

3 Likes

Re: Men Please Try And Reduce Your Stress And Live.. Real Life Lesson by m140(m): 8:25pm On Oct 10, 2021
Lush100:
I will give my dad 270 and my mum 230.
I still love my mum more, but I appreciate my dad better now.
The only issue is it is my mum that can still be going to the bank.
Her strength is 101%
If one enter the shoe one will understand better
Re: Men Please Try And Reduce Your Stress And Live.. Real Life Lesson by Belafonte(m): 8:26pm On Oct 10, 2021
murphyibiam15:

Is that the only thing you picked up? The woman didn't appreciate the money since it wasn't much and yet wanted to cut short the time he has to hustle, please try to understand very well

She cannot understand because she's argumentative. She's more concerned about being right than about arriving at consensus

1 Like

Re: Men Please Try And Reduce Your Stress And Live.. Real Life Lesson by Toeyean1507(f): 8:26pm On Oct 10, 2021
Taywon:
I lost my dad last year (age 62) as a result of sickness ... A very hard working man (an accountant).... His whole body system shut down .... Am still not happy about his departure.

This was a man i had great plans for.

My mum complicated the whole issue cause she wasn't a caring type.

Story of my life only that I lost mine at 65.
That man was the reason I've been hustling.........hustle never pay but he's no more.
My mom.......her uncaring attitude is top notch.
I miss my dad seriously.
Re: Men Please Try And Reduce Your Stress And Live.. Real Life Lesson by Lightway: 8:31pm On Oct 10, 2021

3 Likes

Re: Men Please Try And Reduce Your Stress And Live.. Real Life Lesson by Belafonte(m): 8:32pm On Oct 10, 2021
i926:

This is a public forum. To grow, be ready to get lashed, when you are outta line.

You are welcome.

You are just an arsehole. You could have gracefully conceded your ere too harsh on your initial post and kept it moving, but you get high talking down on people

1 Like

Re: Men Please Try And Reduce Your Stress And Live.. Real Life Lesson by Ofadaman(m): 8:33pm On Oct 10, 2021
We live in denial ,every body dies eventually.

So we all on borrowed time, have fun, enjoy life and cut off anything stress. Even if you're married and experiencing issues, get out of the marriage and have peace ,life is too short

1 Like

Re: Men Please Try And Reduce Your Stress And Live.. Real Life Lesson by revcompaty(m): 8:35pm On Oct 10, 2021
Osobi32:
exactly what am talking about. I never knew what my father went through until I became a father, all the times he comes home and night and my mom will be acting up. Niggar must have had a rough day, maybe swallowed insults from different angle just to provide for his family and yet never get appreciated. This is really sad
Hmmm....that's the sad part, he will muzzle up despite all the load and act all strong while heavy on the inside.
It's well.

1 Like

Re: Men Please Try And Reduce Your Stress And Live.. Real Life Lesson by Belafonte(m): 8:36pm On Oct 10, 2021
MummyD2020:

Kids will always know the parents that were there for them. If both suffered for them, why will they turn there backs on the parents? Although some parents are nothing to write home about

Lol. Expert manipulation from snake language gender. So, all men abandoned by their children weren't there for them? Lol.

The only advantage women have over their husbands is manipulation of the children. The children see what their mothers want the to see and most father's never realized this until it is too late

2 Likes

Re: Men Please Try And Reduce Your Stress And Live.. Real Life Lesson by jditimiya(m): 8:41pm On Oct 10, 2021
odinson1:
I'll be A Capital FOOL if I ever Get married.

Have you been to divorce courts before?

As long as you are in Nigeria and you don't do Court wedding,you are safe if you ever get divorced

one of these days i will try and attend a session of a court case, i will call a friend that work in the high court to tell me what to do to attend one of them. I want to learn one or two.

1 Like

Re: Men Please Try And Reduce Your Stress And Live.. Real Life Lesson by 30naira: 8:42pm On Oct 10, 2021
Amarisco:
On the contrary, research indicates that women go through more e.g. victims of violence, lower pay, birth etc but just have better coping strategies. Strategies such as being more likely to seek medical help early, rely on social support systems and openly acknowledge the emotional impact of adverse experiences.

Did this research originate in Nigeria? I would like to see a source please.
Re: Men Please Try And Reduce Your Stress And Live.. Real Life Lesson by Ofadaman(m): 8:45pm On Oct 10, 2021
The world has no safety net for men, a man cannot cry, cannot complain, cannot rest, his valued is totally tied to what he brings, he labours all day , far away from his kids just to bring home the money for their fees, he cannot complain ,else he'd be proscribed a weak man. He's told to man up, slaving all his youth to climb the social ladder, he toils with his blood and sweat, it's sad that he comes home to meet a home without peace, a home were his kids hate him because their mother told them fake stories, soon his own son stands up to him fueled by hate planted by his own wife.

A man who cannot be with his kids because he has to hustle, no one appreciates father's Day, we send money to our mums and leave out our dads, we take sides of our mum in family issues, when we become rich, we say it's our mums prayer that did it, usually the dad is no longer around, because he's laboured his life and blood to do the actual work needed for you to get to where you are,we forget because he's not always around.

A woman has value just by being a woman, A man doesn't , his life and social standing is what he brings and the society has no safety net for him should he fail.

Tell this to your sons.

And if you're reading this and your father is still alive, put a call to him ,appreciate his effort,and do your best to put smile on his face everyday till he goes under ground, you owe him that much

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Men Please Try And Reduce Your Stress And Live.. Real Life Lesson by Lush100(m): 8:46pm On Oct 10, 2021
denobaba:
I wish you luck, bro. Sail thee well, may common sense be there for you

My brother, his only grace is if he gets a woman that is very very understanding.
Woman that prefer to never apologize and believe their decision is the best even when they are not contributing any penny to that decision.
Woman to beg u?
Na only if one pastor is there,
They can do it for show
U get home,
They will change it for u.
They can even tell people you wanted to do party, even when na she bring up the idea, who go believe you?
Brother, make e sail the sea,

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Men Please Try And Reduce Your Stress And Live.. Real Life Lesson by OLRAYS(m): 8:49pm On Oct 10, 2021
drimzsmoke:

For every man you know going through that kind of stress,I will show you 9 women living in hell.It's just that women are very strong MENTALLY,1/5th of the event that drove some women to church would kill a man or turn him into an alcoholic
Give a woman love,respect,attention and care...Peace of mind will be the least of the things you're going to get in return
wetin this one dey talk...pray say make God give u better wife...85% of women, no matter how hard u dey strive to satisfy them...my brother u no do anything na wetin go come out of their mouth..u never hear this adage wey say "any good thing wey woman do for her husband house na by mistake" grin

2 Likes

Re: Men Please Try And Reduce Your Stress And Live.. Real Life Lesson by 30naira: 8:51pm On Oct 10, 2021
egopersonified:
This is the effect of generations of family life. When we start solving this problem from the cause, there will never be answers.

We encourage our girls to focus on being wife materials and mothers. We teach them how to cook and take care of the home while the brothers are outside playing ball, making connections and going places. He is taught that a man's place is outside the home. To bring home the bacon. To take care of his family and be the bread winner. Till we start to teach our kids differently, we will still get this same results till eternity.

We teach our boys to not cry, don't show emotion and he bottles it up till he has a heart attack while a woman will cry from morning till night, shout out all her frustrations and be relieved from that burden.

We tell our men to take care of this girlfriend so another man doesn't snatch her. So he does two jobs and a side hustle just to 'maintain' her.

Why can't we teach our kids that both parties should be equal contributors to the family purse? Why can't the first person home make dinner? Why can't the man take the kids to the hospital while the woman goes to sell her tomatoes? Why do we have men coming on nairaland to tell us 'I take care of all the responsibilities in the home and all she does is to fill gas and she is complaining when I boil ordinary water to bath'?

Till we begin to train ourselves as one and the same unit, men will keep dieing young and women will keep enjoying the fruits of both their labours.

You feminists will find a way to drag your radical leftist ideologies into everything. Raise your voice all you want, we will not raise our boys to be the kittens you want them to be. We will keep raising strong dominant men.

The issue the op raised is for men to pay attention to their health and cut down on stress.

Nobody ever raises their daughters to be liabilities, nobody discourages girls from pursuing their dreams. In marriage there is a heirachy, a head, and a helper. If the man is fulfilling his role as a head and provider, a good woman can assist and lessen his stress.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Men Please Try And Reduce Your Stress And Live.. Real Life Lesson by royalamour(m): 8:52pm On Oct 10, 2021
Amarisco:
On the contrary, research indicates that women go through more e.g. victims of violence, lower pay, birth etc but just have better coping strategies. Strategies such as being more likely to seek medical help early, rely on social support systems and openly acknowledge the emotional impact of adverse experiences.

Not true. But that doesn't mean that many ladies are not trying.

But the pressure is much on us.
Re: Men Please Try And Reduce Your Stress And Live.. Real Life Lesson by MummyD2020(f): 8:58pm On Oct 10, 2021
Belafonte:

Lol. Expert manipulation from snake language gender. So, all men abandoned by their children weren't there for them? Lol.

The only advantage women have over their husbands is manipulation of the children. The children see what their mothers want the to see and most father's never realized this until it is too late

Abi o. Hard working and always crying of neglect gender
Re: Men Please Try And Reduce Your Stress And Live.. Real Life Lesson by Belafonte(m): 9:03pm On Oct 10, 2021
MummyD2020:

Abi o. Hard working and always crying of neglect gender

Ma, please, don't quote me again. I don't like ugly women giving me attention. it's a turn off

1 Like

Re: Men Please Try And Reduce Your Stress And Live.. Real Life Lesson by MummyD2020(f): 9:04pm On Oct 10, 2021
Belafonte:

Ma, please, don't quote me again. I don't like ugly women giving me attention. it's a turn off

Leave me na
Re: Men Please Try And Reduce Your Stress And Live.. Real Life Lesson by drimzsmoke(m): 9:05pm On Oct 10, 2021
OLRAYS:
85% of women, no matter how hard u dey strive to satisfy them...my brother u no do anything na wetin go come out of their mouth

If we continue with this habit of using phones or any other gadgets without reading their manual,we won't get the best out of them.This habit has to stop

Bros,when a woman talk say you no dey do anything,no give her word literal meaning,it might just be yesterday wey you no do wetyn she want but na so she go talk am.If you no get patience,the way them they talk go just dey vex you...Abeg try this for a change,when next she talk am,just dey look like puppy wey never chop(sober),no try defend yourself cause the matter go just escalate.After she don talk finish,tell her say make she no vex,ask her wetyn you do gangan and how you go fit make up for am.Bros abeg try this 1 for a change,then get back to me

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

How Can I Adopt A Child In Nigeria? / Queen Ella-Mo' Adenugba With Discolored BabyBump Lashes Out At Haters [PICS] / Housewife Caught With Lover At Home, Beats Up Husband

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.