Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,944 members, 7,817,771 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:15 PM

My Son's Girlfriend Comes To Our House To Sleep Everyday - Family (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Son's Girlfriend Comes To Our House To Sleep Everyday (50159 Views)

‘My Boyfriend Pays The Rent For Our House But He Doesn’t Know I’m The Landlord’ / My Husband Has Become A Domestic Slave In Our House & I Do Not Know How To Stop / My Wicked Wife Didn't Buy Christmas Clothes For Our House Help (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Son's Girlfriend Comes To Our House To Sleep Everyday by AkaraAndBread: 10:30am On Oct 11, 2021
Simran94:

The only option you a d your husband have now since your son has refused to listen, tell him to leave your house and continue with his escapades somewhere else.
Simple!!!

Lie lie. Na aje butter pikin wey him be. Dem bury him placenta for inside the house so there is absolutely no hope of him moving out any time soon if at all.
Re: My Son's Girlfriend Comes To Our House To Sleep Everyday by Depressed101: 10:30am On Oct 11, 2021
wisemum:
I am bringing this topic here to see if I can get any good advise from youths of the same generation.

My son returned from schooling abroad two years ago and after completing his NYSC, has been trying to get a job. None has been forthcoming but he tries to keep occupied, trying his hands on different projects. He still lives at home but says that once he is financially stable, he will get his own apartment and move out.

He is generally a calm, law abiding , likeable gentleman until when he recently started bringing home this girl who dresses like a prostitute and who I discovered stays overnight in his room with him. His dad and I have fought him over this subject to no avail. I confronted the girl to tell her I do not feel comfortable with her sleeping overnight in my house especially since I do not know her family and will be held responsible if anything happens to her. She apologized to me and promised not to come to sleep over again. However, I noticed that after that, he started sneaking her in at late hours of the night when he thinks we have gone to bed, sometimes when it is past midnight. He hasn't introduced the girl to us as anything to him even though I have asked him several times what his intentions with this girl is but he will just say she is a friend that makes him happy- that's all.

He told his uncle that he likes the girl. I don't even know what else to do. I have tried talking to him, reasoning with him, but it all falls on his deaf ears. I do not like this girl at all. She comes across to me as a street girl- even though she is generally polite when she meets me at home anytime she comes during the day. I investigated and found out her work place is not far from our house. What I do not like about her is that she dresses, exposing delicate parts of her body and is a chain smoker.

Furthermore, to me, a girl who sleeps out in a mans' parent house, continually disregarding how his parents feel about it, cannot be good news. Once, I caught her almost naked in the night walking along the corridor leading to my sons room. She ran inside his room when she saw me. I was so embarrassed and wondered what if my husband had been the one who ran into her? What kind of thing is this? Only her pant on, breasts bare. It was the following day I traced her to her work place and gently but sharply and firmly told her I do not permit her to sleep over in my house again. His dad also spoke with him. I also spoke to him. Everything has been to no avail.

He still sneaks her in. Or did she jazz him?, Please advise me. Thanks.
hard truth but I will have to tell you, she's a hoe, asin hoelosho, and your son doesn't know it because he's a gentleman who studied abroad, he thinks he has found love, alas it's not love, the girl is using him to pass nights at your house..
Re: My Son's Girlfriend Comes To Our House To Sleep Everyday by Bamzyriches451: 10:32am On Oct 11, 2021
Na waoo
Re: My Son's Girlfriend Comes To Our House To Sleep Everyday by shantti(m): 10:33am On Oct 11, 2021
Midas01:
See this mumu....As long as they're married she has a stake in that house whereas the son does not.

Also, in the case of any eventuality, the woman will assume ownership of them house, not the son.

U r d mumu, she cannot throw that young man out of that house so far her husband was d one that built it. U tink d boy doesn't have a stake too in case of any eventuality. (Yes, what d boy is doing is wrong, but only his dad can throw him out)
Re: My Son's Girlfriend Comes To Our House To Sleep Everyday by Stevenbright(m): 10:33am On Oct 11, 2021
Klass99:

It really doesn't matter where they (children) are trained. Pikin wey no wan get sense, no go get sense and sometimes you can do everything right as a parent, train them in the way to go and they still turn out to be a real nightmare. Because, they have a mind and a will of their own, like her son is displaying.

@ OP, I'm sorry about what you're experiencing, you and hubby are doing what you know best. Maybe it's time to try a different approach? Though I honestly don't know any other approach short of military like force to reset your son's brain - I don't even know what I am saying sef.

I'm not a parent but I feel you, nothing breaks a parent's heart like a child's continuous rebellion, considering all the sacrifices you make for their sake.

Modified to add: As usual they are blaming the mother for spoiling her child and not training him, when they don't even know that for a fact. How are some people so naïve and oblivious of the reality that children will exercise their God-given free will, to do what pleases them, irrespective of quality home training.

Most of you criticizing the OP know the 10 Commandments and were taught right from wrong, good and evil by your parents or the Sunday school teachers your parents drove you to. But, when you wanted to steal, lie or have sex/fornicate you still did anyway and even rebelled at your parents in other heart breaking ways. Will you now claim your parents spoilt you and didn't train you as well?

ITK people I hail o!

Your points are alright but I want you to know that in some cases, the fault is from the parents as a result of their negligence.
Re: My Son's Girlfriend Comes To Our House To Sleep Everyday by mrdino(m): 10:33am On Oct 11, 2021
wisemum:
I am bringing this topic here to see if I can get any good advise from youths of the same generation.

My son returned from schooling abroad two years ago and after completing his NYSC, has been trying to get a job. None has been forthcoming but he tries to keep occupied, trying his hands on different projects. He still lives at home but says that once he is financially stable, he will get his own apartment and move out.

He is generally a calm, law abiding , likeable gentleman until when he recently started bringing home this girl who dresses like a prostitute and who I discovered stays overnight in his room with him. His dad and I have fought him over this subject to no avail. I confronted the girl to tell her I do not feel comfortable with her sleeping overnight in my house especially since I do not know her family and will be held responsible if anything happens to her. She apologized to me and promised not to come to sleep over again. However, I noticed that after that, he started sneaking her in at late hours of the night when he thinks we have gone to bed, sometimes when it is past midnight. He hasn't introduced the girl to us as anything to him even though I have asked him several times what his intentions with this girl is but he will just say she is a friend that makes him happy- that's all.

He told his uncle that he likes the girl. I don't even know what else to do. I have tried talking to him, reasoning with him, but it all falls on his deaf ears. I do not like this girl at all. She comes across to me as a street girl- even though she is generally polite when she meets me at home anytime she comes during the day. I investigated and found out her work place is not far from our house. What I do not like about her is that she dresses, exposing delicate parts of her body and is a chain smoker.

Furthermore, to me, a girl who sleeps out in a mans' parent house, continually disregarding how his parents feel about it, cannot be good news. Once, I caught her almost naked in the night walking along the corridor leading to my sons room. She ran inside his room when she saw me. I was so embarrassed and wondered what if my husband had been the one who ran into her? What kind of thing is this? Only her pant on, breasts bare. It was the following day I traced her to her work place and gently but sharply and firmly told her I do not permit her to sleep over in my house again. His dad also spoke with him. I also spoke to him. Everything has been to no avail.

I have a few question:

1. Is he an only child?
2. Is he genuinely searching for a job or just claiming to do so?
Re: My Son's Girlfriend Comes To Our House To Sleep Everyday by Semaj77(m): 10:34am On Oct 11, 2021
wisemum:

Your son is the irresponsible one , I see how you make it seem he's a nice boy and may have been polluted by this girl. The truth is your son is no better than this girl , you don't mention how your son is allowing her stay over and disregarding yours and your husband's command but quick to mention how a girl can sleep in the house of her boyfriend's parent.

1 Like

Re: My Son's Girlfriend Comes To Our House To Sleep Everyday by Nobody: 10:34am On Oct 11, 2021
AkaraAndBread:

Lie lie. Na aje butter pikin wey him be. Dem bury him placenta for inside the house so there is absolutely no hope of him moving out any time soon if at all.
Then they should continue to condone the disrespect.
The day parents realize that they need to let their kids be on their own/live on their at some points in their lives, they themselves will have peace of mind

2 Likes

Re: My Son's Girlfriend Comes To Our House To Sleep Everyday by Semaj77(m): 10:36am On Oct 11, 2021
Bewiseedet:
Mind your business. Your son is matured enough to chose who to love. Isn't it better you try to know the lady better than just portray her as a prostitute?

But she's minding her own business , the house belongs to her and her husband so if you want to live there you have to abide by their rules even if you are a child. If the boy wants that kind of freedom he should get his own place , she isn't against that.
Re: My Son's Girlfriend Comes To Our House To Sleep Everyday by Stevenbright(m): 10:36am On Oct 11, 2021
Klass99:

It really doesn't matter where they (children) are trained. Pikin wey no wan get sense, no go get sense and sometimes you can do everything right as a parent, train them in the way to go and they still turn out to be a real nightmare. Because, they have a mind and a will of their own, like her son is displaying.

@ OP, I'm sorry about what you're experiencing, you and hubby are doing what you know best. Maybe it's time to try a different approach? Though I honestly don't know any other approach short of military like force to reset your son's brain - I don't even know what I am saying sef.

I'm not a parent but I feel you, nothing breaks a parent's heart like a child's continuous rebellion, considering all the sacrifices you make for their sake.

Modified to add: As usual they are blaming the mother for spoiling her child and not training him, when they don't even know that for a fact. How are some people so naïve and oblivious of the reality that children will exercise their God-given free will, to do what pleases them, irrespective of quality home training.

Most of you criticizing the OP know the 10 Commandments and were taught right from wrong, good and evil by your parents or the Sunday school teachers your parents drove you to. But, when you wanted to steal, lie or have sex/fornicate you still did anyway and even rebelled at your parents in other heart breaking ways. Will you now claim your parents spoilt you and didn't train you as well?

ITK people I hail o!

Your points are alright but I want you to know that in some cases, the fault is from the parents as a result of their negligence.
Re: My Son's Girlfriend Comes To Our House To Sleep Everyday by Vireani79: 10:36am On Oct 11, 2021
bigjackass:
Uk kill you there. Even people in the UK will not watch their jobless child frolick with useless company without a fight. You no just get sense at all and you are obviously a teenager or in your early twenties. No difference between you and the young boy and girl in question. Whether the girl is from a poor or rich background is cancelled if she can't show some respect to her boyfriend's parents. I repeat she's a prostitute because no self respecting girl will be comfortable in this situation. It will be a different case if she has no place to sleep at night. Must she spend the night there? Must she force them to accept her by disrespecting them? And having the guts to walk around the house naked where other people live. You are a big idiôt if you see nothing wrong with such behavior.
The boy sneaking her in and out of his parents house like a cheap whóre does not see a future with her and he will discard her for a responsible lady when he starts working and gets his life together

Oga u are a low life
I have nothing to tell u
The gal go get belle and nothing una go do plus the mama
Una go rant tire
Re: My Son's Girlfriend Comes To Our House To Sleep Everyday by Semaj77(m): 10:37am On Oct 11, 2021
Unruly7:
How you portray the girl evil without saying anything bad about your son lol

If the girl is a chain smoker it means your son is a chronic smoker

If the girl is a prostitute it means your son is one

If the girl is not responsible for sleeping in a man house, your son is irresponsible for sneaking in a girl in his father's house VERY DISRESPECTFUL

Atleast the girl is working your son isn't working

The problem here is your son maybe you help him get a job and his own apartment

Since he has decided to be useless let him continue

Before you quote me remember The girl won't come to the house if the boy didn't invite her

Exactly! We are quick to demonize other people's children but believe our own children are saints
Re: My Son's Girlfriend Comes To Our House To Sleep Everyday by Thereishel: 10:37am On Oct 11, 2021
Do your investigation and trace her parents and report her. If this doesn't work, involve police and let her sign a form banning her from your house. Seek prayer from true men of God to deliver your son from this Delilah that doubled as Jezebel.
Re: My Son's Girlfriend Comes To Our House To Sleep Everyday by Semaj77(m): 10:39am On Oct 11, 2021
icecool12:
As long as they’re not disturbing u with ringtone at night, let them be..

Let the son get his own apartment , he can't live their own house with his own rules. If he gets his own apartment the parents have no say to whom he invites there
Re: My Son's Girlfriend Comes To Our House To Sleep Everyday by Stanleyq: 10:39am On Oct 11, 2021
They are his Business, many people die today during sex romp, it can happen to any one, if the girl or the boy dies in his house nko, is it now whose business...
Re: My Son's Girlfriend Comes To Our House To Sleep Everyday by ivolt: 10:40am On Oct 11, 2021
Bewiseedet:
Mind your business. Your son is matured enough to chose who to love. Isn't it better you try to know the lady better than just portray her as a prostitute?
Mind her business in her own house?
Re: My Son's Girlfriend Comes To Our House To Sleep Everyday by Juliusmomoh: 10:40am On Oct 11, 2021
Mercychen:

Who do you this strong this early momoh? SMH.
By the way who are you? Please don't mention me again. Biko.
So anty mercychen or mercychinwo ...
You get mind carry my name insult abi? cheesy cheesy
How are you
Re: My Son's Girlfriend Comes To Our House To Sleep Everyday by Valuc: 10:43am On Oct 11, 2021
Send him back to abroad
Re: My Son's Girlfriend Comes To Our House To Sleep Everyday by Dchair2: 10:43am On Oct 11, 2021
Bewiseedet:

A very unreasonable response to a concerned parent! There are two pressing issues here, his conducts in their home which is against the values of the parents, and the person of the lady. If the young man is matured enough as you claim and wants to live the way he wants, then let him go rent his own apartment. It's true the young man is matured enough as you say, but what is your yard stick of measuring the maturity of a person whom you haven't seen nor interacted with, and no matter how matured one may be in this life you would sometimes need guidance and direction from more experienced people.
Re: My Son's Girlfriend Comes To Our House To Sleep Everyday by MARKone(m): 10:44am On Oct 11, 2021
Bewiseedet:

All these Calabar dog eating dolts, did you even read what the woman wrote? Na your type dey share puzzy with him son, Ode.
Re: My Son's Girlfriend Comes To Our House To Sleep Everyday by dfrost: 10:45am On Oct 11, 2021
nrexzy:

Naaah na adults it should be handled diplomatically make e no from frying Pan enter fire...

Of course. I was only referring to arranging a meeting so the lady in question will be present. She won't.

Everything rests on the young man and his parents.

Who opens door for the lady?
Re: My Son's Girlfriend Comes To Our House To Sleep Everyday by Sunnydoo: 10:47am On Oct 11, 2021
Proverbs 22:6;Train up a child in the way he should go; even when he is old he will not depart from it.

Your son"s way of living is as a result of the life style he lived while schooling abroad, and this has now become his way of life.

It's good to give our children the best of education, but all we are giving them should rest on a godly education. When godly education is foundational, then their life"s will go in the right direction in this decayed world system.

Start praying for him and also ask God for forgiveness, for the errors u made. Also, go to church together, then u will see the fulfilment of this bible verse when u let Gos step in.

Proverbs 21:1 The king’s heart is like a stream of water directed by the LORD; he guides it wherever he pleases.

All will be well, if you let God fix him from his foundation.
Re: My Son's Girlfriend Comes To Our House To Sleep Everyday by Nobody: 10:48am On Oct 11, 2021
Bewiseedet:
Inside her own house kwa? Not even the son house..... What if that girl sleeps there overnight one day and did not wake up the next day, what do you think will happen?
Re: My Son's Girlfriend Comes To Our House To Sleep Everyday by bigjackass: 10:48am On Oct 11, 2021
Vireani79:

Oga u are a low life
I have nothing to tell u
The gal go get belle and nothing una go do plus the mama
Una go rant tire
lol, low life? Idîot. I have also visited Germany and South Africa if na by travelling abroad levels undecided. 'She go get belle' shows who is really the lowlife here. You are not a decent person at all. If she get Belle who enter problem? Me? The mama? Or herself and the boy who has no job and lives with his parents.
Re: My Son's Girlfriend Comes To Our House To Sleep Everyday by jesmond3945: 10:51am On Oct 11, 2021
wow your own son fucking in your own house damn. Your son doesn't respect you at all. I think you should be more in his life right now. He is depressed due to lack of jobs so he is using the girl to cure konji but to do it in your house, thats the height of disrespect. He would definitely get the girl pregnant and you would have a grandchild
wisemum:

Re: My Son's Girlfriend Comes To Our House To Sleep Everyday by nrexzy: 10:55am On Oct 11, 2021
dfrost:

Of course. I was only referring to arranging a meeting so the lady in question will be present. She won't.

Everything rests on the young man and his parents.

Who opens door for the lady?

True
Re: My Son's Girlfriend Comes To Our House To Sleep Everyday by viktohmarkz(m): 10:55am On Oct 11, 2021
Different strokes for different folks....

When your son was abroad did you try to know the sort of life he lived?

Have you tried to hear from him how he got to know the girl in question?

Its your roof and you call the shots, but have you sat the girl down to try to reason with her? Know her long term goals and future ambition?
Because to your son he's found one who fits his kinda person .... Carefree, sexy and wild

If you go hard on him and he finally moves out, he might not come visiting often because to him you guys arent okay with his taste

But if you go soft, try to know the girl, advice her not to wear this provoking wears outside, but can do so when your son settles down with her
Also try telling your son you want to see her parents if she cant produce them, then draw the line
Re: My Son's Girlfriend Comes To Our House To Sleep Everyday by INTEGRITYA1(m): 10:56am On Oct 11, 2021
Unruly7:
How you portray the girl evil without saying anything bad about your son lol

If the girl is a chain smoker it means your son is a chronic smoker

If the girl is a prostitute it means your son is one

If the girl is not responsible for sleeping in a man house, your son is irresponsible for sneaking in a girl in his father's house VERY DISRESPECTFUL

Atleast the girl is working your son isn't working

The problem here is your son maybe you help him get a job and his own apartment

Since he has decided to be useless let him continue

Before you quote me remember The girl won't come to the house if the boy didn't invite her

I like people who can tell you the truth to your face without mincing their words, it's a gift/quality that very few possessed.

What a very brutal response. I salute you.

1 Like

Re: My Son's Girlfriend Comes To Our House To Sleep Everyday by Craggybogg: 10:57am On Oct 11, 2021
Chai, That girl dey ride your son ehn he don forget him sense for her p****. He needs church deliverance ASAP.
Re: My Son's Girlfriend Comes To Our House To Sleep Everyday by 1Sharon(f): 11:03am On Oct 11, 2021
shantti:

She cannot throw a man out of his father's house. Only his father can do this. It his her husband's house not her personnal house unless she bought the land herself and erected the building with her money

Look at them. It's not her house too seriously?

So the wife is a stranger, not his family?

Pls don't get married.
Re: My Son's Girlfriend Comes To Our House To Sleep Everyday by WriterX(m): 11:07am On Oct 11, 2021
nairaland and its band of advice givers and life coaches

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (14) (Reply)

If You Used These Perfumes And You're Not Married Hmmmm... / My Aunty Always Comes Into My Room Without Excuse / Kenyan Couple Who Wore T-shirts To Their Simple Wedding Welcome Bouncing Baby

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 101
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.