Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,171 members, 7,815,099 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:16 AM

My Son's Girlfriend Comes To Our House To Sleep Everyday - Family (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Son's Girlfriend Comes To Our House To Sleep Everyday (50120 Views)

‘My Boyfriend Pays The Rent For Our House But He Doesn’t Know I’m The Landlord’ / My Husband Has Become A Domestic Slave In Our House & I Do Not Know How To Stop / My Wicked Wife Didn't Buy Christmas Clothes For Our House Help (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Son's Girlfriend Comes To Our House To Sleep Everyday by Nobody: 11:07am On Oct 11, 2021
Bewiseedet:
Mind your business. Your son is matured enough to chose who to love. Isn't it better you try to know the lady better than just portray her as a prostitute?
Matured in his parents house? You need sense!
Re: My Son's Girlfriend Comes To Our House To Sleep Everyday by yewawa: 11:12am On Oct 11, 2021
Please dont mind your business....like somebody said you should do o....please intervene with prayer,help your son to choose right prayerfully.Please do it now before it is too late.Pray,pray and pray anyhow and wherever you can pray to help him positively."Na you see am o,Na you bring am o"statement of some parents have caused a lot of regret to some brilliant men that suppose to have it good in their marriage.For me,prayerfully separate them if their union will be in trouble in future.I am facing it now,but I will be there for my children,yes I will,they won't face what am facing now.
Re: My Son's Girlfriend Comes To Our House To Sleep Everyday by Klass99(f): 11:12am On Oct 11, 2021
smiley
Re: My Son's Girlfriend Comes To Our House To Sleep Everyday by kenmaro: 11:15am On Oct 11, 2021
Tell the girl and your son that you would get the girl arrested when next you see her in your house on claims that she is an intruder. And please, ensure you do that when she does. Approve of her bail after a minimum of one week in police custody and that her parents must sign the bail bond before her release. Note, your son may react. Be ready for that as how strong you and your hubby stand on your action will reset him positively if you're firm and negatively if you're weak.

Since your son has displayed some acts of irresponsibility and disrespect to his parents, never you raise funds for renting an apartment for him, you could augment him with part of the cost, at most 50%, on the pretext it's a loan but don't expect a refund.
Re: My Son's Girlfriend Comes To Our House To Sleep Everyday by salvation77177: 11:16am On Oct 11, 2021
This matter is simple. Since he is matured and likes to do things his way, let him go look for an apartment and live an independent life Rather than be looking for a job he is busy sleeping around with a woman in his family house. It's an insult and lack of respect for his parents in the first case. One of the disadvantages of sending young children abroad nowadays.
Re: My Son's Girlfriend Comes To Our House To Sleep Everyday by Nobody: 11:18am On Oct 11, 2021
wisemum:
I am bringing this topic here to see if I can get any good advise from youths of the same generation.

My son returned from schooling abroad two years ago and after completing his NYSC, has been trying to get a job. None has been forthcoming but he tries to keep occupied, trying his hands on different projects. He still lives at home but says that once he is financially stable, he will get his own apartment and move out.

He is generally a calm, law abiding , likeable gentleman until when he recently started bringing home this girl who dresses like a prostitute. His dad also spoke with him. I also spoke to him. Everything has been to no avail.

He still sneaks her in. Or did she jazz him?, Please advise me. Thanks.

Some male kids are not meant for abroad life because all they learn are rotten things.

If he can't follow your rules, then let him go back to that same abroad and finish what he started.
I don't want to say you didn't raise him well. But your son is living a bad lifestyle.
Re: My Son's Girlfriend Comes To Our House To Sleep Everyday by BreakingNews21: 11:18am On Oct 11, 2021
This story is creative bs. Op has his pronouns and genders all mixed up. sad
Re: My Son's Girlfriend Comes To Our House To Sleep Everyday by neighbourhud: 11:18am On Oct 11, 2021
Boss13:
Seems your son wants to be independent and live like a married. He should do that in his own house.
Q.E.D
quod erat demonstrandum
Re: My Son's Girlfriend Comes To Our House To Sleep Everyday by Osanoghodua1: 11:21am On Oct 11, 2021
It's best you talk it over with your son and see how he can stop bringing her home. Ma, your son needs Jesus. You can start praying about this issue. He schooled abroad and he Is a matured man. You need to deal wisely with this matter. God bless your family.
Re: My Son's Girlfriend Comes To Our House To Sleep Everyday by ajericho(m): 11:23am On Oct 11, 2021
Mercychen:
How old is he? Anyways, that's not necessary as what he needs now is serious dicipline before he lands you into a big trouble or gets himself killed. A girl who smokes is capable of anything.

Now, the house belongs to you, not him. First things first, when he gets back today, tell him to hand over the key to that room because it's the privilege you gave him to have a room to himself that is making him to misbehave. Tell him to move his things out in 1hr and Collect the key from him. Lock up the room!
You need your hubby to join you in carrying out this mission.
This solves the issue of bringing the girl home.
As for where he'll be sleeping, let him be sleeping in the sitting room. People who don't have bedrooms sleep in the parlor. That's his punishment for being stubborn.

Secondly, tell the girl to stop coming to the house. don't just stop her from sleeping ( which is not going to be possible again though). Tell her outrightly. Biko.

Also call your son and warn him of the dangers of dating a girl who smokes. Maybe he's cool with it because he schooled abroad and now has that abroad mentality that smoking is normal. That is abroad. You cant compare a female abroad smoker to a female Nigerian smoker. Just so he knows and doesn't think it's normal here. That girl is rotten.

Disease dey town. Tell him to retract now before he contracts the deadly disease.

The way you people term smokers ehn
Re: My Son's Girlfriend Comes To Our House To Sleep Everyday by Solatium(m): 11:25am On Oct 11, 2021
Midas01:
He's just being a man but if a woman tried it you will call her olosho. Your hypocrisy stinks to the high heavens.

The girl that sleeps over at his place is a boy abi?
i no blame you,your cognitive ability is zero that is why you can't infer from the passage that the girl is also been a girl.. pẹlẹ grin
Re: My Son's Girlfriend Comes To Our House To Sleep Everyday by Knows(m): 11:29am On Oct 11, 2021
Studied abroad and no work yet? It’s finished
Re: My Son's Girlfriend Comes To Our House To Sleep Everyday by WaffenSS(m): 11:30am On Oct 11, 2021
wisemum:
I am bringing this topic here to see if I can get any good advise from youths of the same generation.

My son returned from schooling abroad two years ago and after completing his NYSC, has been trying to get a job. None has been forthcoming but he tries to keep occupied, trying his hands on different projects. He still lives at home but says that once he is financially stable, he will get his own apartment and move out.

He is generally a calm, law abiding , likeable gentleman until when he recently started bringing home this girl who dresses like a prostitute and who I discovered stays overnight in his room with him. His dad and I have fought him over this subject to no avail. I confronted the girl to tell her I do not feel comfortable with her sleeping overnight in my house especially since I do not know her family and will be held responsible if anything happens to her. She apologized to me and promised not to come to sleep over again. However, I noticed that after that, he started sneaking her in at late hours of the night when he thinks we have gone to bed, sometimes when it is past midnight. He hasn't introduced the girl to us as anything to him even though I have asked him several times what his intentions with this girl is but he will just say she is a friend that makes him happy- that's all.

He told his uncle that he likes the girl. I don't even know what else to do. I have tried talking to him, reasoning with him, but it all falls on his deaf ears. I do not like this girl at all. She comes across to me as a street girl- even though she is generally polite when she meets me at home anytime she comes during the day. I investigated and found out her work place is not far from our house. What I do not like about her is that she dresses, exposing delicate parts of her body and is a chain smoker.

Furthermore, to me, a girl who sleeps out in a mans' parent house, continually disregarding how his parents feel about it, cannot be good news. Once, I caught her almost naked in the night walking along the corridor leading to my sons room. She ran inside his room when she saw me. I was so embarrassed and wondered what if my husband had been the one who ran into her? What kind of thing is this? Only her pant on, breasts bare. It was the following day I traced her to her work place and gently but sharply and firmly told her I do not permit her to sleep over in my house again. His dad also spoke with him. I also spoke to him. Everything has been to no avail.

Interesting how your blames are focused on the girl and not your jobless, wayward, rude, inconsiderate, ungrateful, freeloading son.

2 Likes

Re: My Son's Girlfriend Comes To Our House To Sleep Everyday by nnamdiosu(m): 11:31am On Oct 11, 2021
wisemum:

He is generally a calm, law abiding , likeable gentleman until when he recently started bringing home this girl who dresses like a prostitute and who I discovered stays overnight in his room with him. His dad and I have fought him over this subject to no avail. I confronted the girl to tell her I do not feel comfortable with her sleeping overnight in my house especially since I do not know her family and will be held responsible if anything happens to her. She apologized to me and promised not to come to sleep over again. However, I noticed that after that, he started sneaking her in at late hours of the night when he thinks we have gone to bed, sometimes when it is past midnight. He hasn't introduced the girl to us as anything to him even though I have asked him several times what his intentions with this girl is but he will just say she is a friend that makes him happy- that's all.

He told his uncle that he likes the girl. I don't even know what else to do. I have tried talking to him, reasoning with him, but it all falls on his deaf ears. I do not like this girl at all. She comes across to me as a street girl- even though she is generally polite when she meets me at home anytime she comes during the day. I investigated and found out her work place is not far from our house. What I do not like about her is that she dresses, exposing delicate parts of her body and is a chain smoker.

Furthermore, to me, a girl who sleeps out in a mans' parent house, continually disregarding how his parents feel about it, cannot be good news. Once, I caught her almost naked in the night walking along the corridor leading to my sons room. She ran inside his room when she saw me. I was so embarrassed and wondered what if my husband had been the one who ran into her? What kind of thing is this? Only her pant on, breasts bare. It was the following day I traced her to her work place and gently but sharply and firmly told her I do not permit her to sleep over in my house again. His dad also spoke with him. I also spoke to him. Everything has been to no avail.

Does the door to the house have a key?
Does the gate have a key
Can you lock the door or gate and keep the key in your room or pockets
Can you enforce a rule that everyone be in the house at a particular time, e.g 10pm as deadline?
Can you enter your son's room any night and tell anyone you see there, oya come out and leave the house?
Can you call police to come and arrest someone as an intruder in the house?

I think the above questions will answer any question you have to deal with the solution.

Girls like that are dangerous. THEY ACT AS INFORMERS TO THE BIG BOYS (KIDNAPPERS AND ROBBERS) OUTSIDE.
BE SMART AND INTENTIONAL

3 Likes

Re: My Son's Girlfriend Comes To Our House To Sleep Everyday by ghettochild(m): 11:32am On Oct 11, 2021
Leave ur son alone.. he's old enough unless u want to ban him from bringing her into the house and am sure it wont go down well.
U shd even be happy he's not bringing home different girls.
Parent shd Learn to stop enforcing their ideals on kids.
Note that u cant choose a wife for him..
And from this post.. it means even if u your kids want to be serious with any lady.. you need to do some vetting.
Your kids has lived abroad n has realized so many things we frown upon in Nigeria is nothing over there..
Plz leave him be.
And learn to tolerate his gf.
If he loves her. There's nothing u can do...and this is not jazz.
Your son is a liberal man.
Just let him get a job n watch how he would leave the house so quickly.
Am sure ur actions will make him do that as soon as he gets a job
Re: My Son's Girlfriend Comes To Our House To Sleep Everyday by Govocrete: 11:32am On Oct 11, 2021
larryking540:
the guy is just been lazy ,that is why I tell parents never make their home too comfortable for their children to stay ,who will school oversea and return back ,na mad ness

You are right, people look for opportunities to go abroad to hustle just for a year in other to change their entire family destiny. He when abroad to waste resources in the name of the school.

I wished he work as a labourer at a construction site before going abroad, his brain would have reset properly.
Re: My Son's Girlfriend Comes To Our House To Sleep Everyday by ghettochild(m): 11:34am On Oct 11, 2021
nnamdiosu:

Does the door to the house have a key?
Does the gate have a key
Can you lock the door or gate and keep the key in your room or pockets
Can you enforce a rule that everyone be in the house at a particular time, e.g 10pm as deadline?
Can you enter your son's room any night and tell anyone you see there, oya come out and leave the house?
Can you call police to come and arrest someone as an intruder in the house?

I think the above questions will answer any question you have to deal with the solution.

Girls like that are dangerous. THE ACT AS INFORMERS TO THE BIG BOYS OUTSIDE.
BE SMART AND INTENTIKNAL
A very very bad advise.. do that n watch u son rebel against u.
Plz don't follow this advise ooo
Re: My Son's Girlfriend Comes To Our House To Sleep Everyday by jimb(m): 11:36am On Oct 11, 2021
Bewiseedet:
Mind your business. Your son is matured enough to chose who to love. Isn't it better you try to know the lady better than just portray her as a prostitute?

are you sure you are not the son in question?

just wait until popsy come, your beating go be like that lesbian own.
Re: My Son's Girlfriend Comes To Our House To Sleep Everyday by YoungBlackRico(m): 11:38am On Oct 11, 2021
Bewiseedet:
You obviously have no sense.
Re: My Son's Girlfriend Comes To Our House To Sleep Everyday by Bewiseedet(m): 11:39am On Oct 11, 2021
YoungBlackRico:
You obviously have no sense.
Do you have a spare sense?
Re: My Son's Girlfriend Comes To Our House To Sleep Everyday by Bewiseedet(m): 11:41am On Oct 11, 2021
jimb:

are you sure you are not the son in question?

just wait until popsy come, your beating go be like that lesbian own.
Old man go understand better than mumsy.
Re: My Son's Girlfriend Comes To Our House To Sleep Everyday by larryking540: 11:42am On Oct 11, 2021
Govocrete:

You are right, people look for opportunities to go abroad to hustle just for a year in other to change their entire family destiny. He when abroad to waste resources in the name of the school.

I wished he work as a labourer at a construction site before going abroad, his brain would have reset properly.
,he couldn't even go there to enter a different level of career that's a hot cake there ,he finsih university carry e bag come back,na WA sha ,well the mother knows what's best for him , people from Italy they enter Germany or Holland ,from there to UK from UK to Canada,,,,it's just a pity sha
Re: My Son's Girlfriend Comes To Our House To Sleep Everyday by Bewiseedet(m): 11:43am On Oct 11, 2021
NetValueFX:
Matured in his parents house? You need sense!
Should he rob a bank?
Re: My Son's Girlfriend Comes To Our House To Sleep Everyday by larryking540: 11:44am On Oct 11, 2021
ghettochild:
Leave ur son alone.. he's old enough unless u want to ban him from bringing her into the house and am sure it wont go down well.
U shd even be happy he's not bringing home different girls.
Parent shd Learn to stop enforcing their ideals on kids.
Note that u cant choose a wife for him..
And from this post.. it means even if u your kids want to be serious with any lady.. you need to do some vetting.
Your kids has lived abroad n has realized so many things we frown upon in Nigeria is nothing over there..
Plz leave him be.
And learn to tolerate his gf.
If he loves her. There's nothing u can do...and this is not jazz.
Your son is a liberal man.
Just let him get a job n watch how he would leave the house so quickly.
Am sure ur actions will make him do that as soon as he gets a job
bring a lady home and bring a lady who doesn't dress properly is a 2 different thing bro ,no body wants his or her son to marry a hooligan
Re: My Son's Girlfriend Comes To Our House To Sleep Everyday by Bewiseedet(m): 11:45am On Oct 11, 2021
BKsoul:
Inside her own house kwa? Not even the son house..... What if that girl sleeps there overnight one day and did not wake up the next day, what do you think will happen?
Think positive
Re: My Son's Girlfriend Comes To Our House To Sleep Everyday by platido(m): 11:46am On Oct 11, 2021
wisemum:

Tell her if she doesn't stop coming around the house, even if your son invites her,you will report her to her Boss. And that might cause her, her job
Re: My Son's Girlfriend Comes To Our House To Sleep Everyday by Bewiseedet(m): 11:50am On Oct 11, 2021
Dchair2:

A very unreasonable response to a concerned parent! There are two pressing issues here, his conducts in their home which is against the values of the parents, and the person of the lady. If the young man is matured enough as you claim and wants to live the way he wants, then let him go rent his own apartment. It's true the young man is matured enough as you say, but what is your yard stick of measuring the maturity of a person whom you haven't seen nor interacted with, and no matter how matured one may be in this life you would sometimes need guidance and direction from more experienced people.
I like your point.
Re: My Son's Girlfriend Comes To Our House To Sleep Everyday by kushme: 11:51am On Oct 11, 2021
wisemum:

The pvssy jazz abi? she got him pussified, he was calm but became hot-head after meeting her.

Her place of work is close to your house. The girl did her homework very well. She probably gathered Intel on him and made the relationship happen. She sees gold to dig in your ground.

- Is there anything like generally polite and disrespectful. I am confused, after warning her, then the sneaking in the middle of the night started, I guess she suggested that to him and the pussy-whipped bought the idea wholeheartedly.

The girl is street and a hustler and more experienced that your pussified son. Remember he told you and his uncle that she makes him happy. grin Her plan is perfectly working. Until he finds peace, happy(she) stays.

It is obvious the girl is on a mission. It's quite unfortunate your pussified son has blocked any sense of rational reasoning threatening the wild sex he's currently exploring.
Re: My Son's Girlfriend Comes To Our House To Sleep Everyday by Bewiseedet(m): 11:54am On Oct 11, 2021
Semaj77:

But she's minding her own business , the house belongs to her and her husband so if you want to live there you have to abide by their rules even if you are a child. If the boy wants that kind of freedom he should get his own place , she isn't against that.
The boy is living in his parent house, so if the mother finds any problem with his lifestlye then let her park n go to her own parents house. Simple
Re: My Son's Girlfriend Comes To Our House To Sleep Everyday by okorogodwin4(m): 11:54am On Oct 11, 2021
Expect a baby soon
Re: My Son's Girlfriend Comes To Our House To Sleep Everyday by slimmoney(m): 11:55am On Oct 11, 2021
i honestly think u have issues with ur son and not the girl, if ur son had follow up with ur norms, he wouldn't have ended with such person, there is a saying, every woman no matter how worst the person is, has someone somewhere for her.
Re: My Son's Girlfriend Comes To Our House To Sleep Everyday by Bewiseedet(m): 11:58am On Oct 11, 2021
GlitznGlamour:
If they drop needle on your head, it will echo. You're very stupid with this rubbish you just typed. Give birth to your own child and give this advice to yourself whenever he/she does something similar, I can bet you'll die before a year. Fool.
What as my comment got to do with you wishing me death? We live in a small world bro. I wish you long life and good health.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

If You Used These Perfumes And You're Not Married Hmmmm... / Men, Can You Take Your Wife Back After Cheating On You? / UPDATE: Snake In My Roof

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 96
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.