Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,412 members, 7,822,922 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 07:28 PM

My Son's Girlfriend Comes To Our House To Sleep Everyday - Family (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Son's Girlfriend Comes To Our House To Sleep Everyday (50203 Views)

‘My Boyfriend Pays The Rent For Our House But He Doesn’t Know I’m The Landlord’ / My Husband Has Become A Domestic Slave In Our House & I Do Not Know How To Stop / My Wicked Wife Didn't Buy Christmas Clothes For Our House Help (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Son's Girlfriend Comes To Our House To Sleep Everyday by Kajaard: 9:59am On Oct 11, 2021
bigjackass:
What rubbish. You and your husband are too gentle. Since they have refused to listen the next thing is to change it for them especially the girl. Next time you see her in your house use stick pursue am comot. Nonsense

Exactly. The son is not disciplined at all. If he wants to continue fvcking pussy every night he should go get himself a flat of his own and while doing that get himself a job.

As long as he remains in his parents house he must obey their rules.

1 Like

Re: My Son's Girlfriend Comes To Our House To Sleep Everyday by gwinaB(m): 9:59am On Oct 11, 2021
Bewiseedet:
Mind your business. Your son is matured enough to chose who to love. Isn't it better you try to know the lady better than just portray her as a prostitute?

Her son is her business that's the reason she is minding him and his affairs. Should anything untoward happen to the lady, the entire family will be held responsible.

The lady's attitude doesn't show she needs to be known further. She should have respected the wish of this mother and stop sleeping over in her house. They didn't ask her to stop seeing their son but to stop sleeping over.

1 Like

Re: My Son's Girlfriend Comes To Our House To Sleep Everyday by larryking540: 10:02am On Oct 11, 2021
EngineerOloye:

This never spoil nah...
Wait for one of the days he will sneaker her in, but make sure it is on a Friday night, so you are sure the next morning the girl no dey go work.
Buy yam, palm oil, small aso ebi & small small engagement things... Around 2 am Saturday morning, Knock down into the room and bring those things in. Tell him you are okay with the choice he has for his future, be serious and talk about future with the girl and all. Finish all your shenanigans before 4am to leave their room, but make sure to tell tham that you are following him, taking those things to the girls house by 7am in the morning. Afterwards, excuse them and let the fighting begin. He will get sense by force to decide if that is how his destiny wants to run his tomorrow for him!!!
I swear,how person go school for abroad still return ,can't he think of switching country immediately,any way na the parents make the house comfortable for the guy ,

1 Like

Re: My Son's Girlfriend Comes To Our House To Sleep Everyday by Tajbol4splend(m): 10:02am On Oct 11, 2021
Bewiseedet:
Mind your business. Your son is matured enough to chose who to love. Isn't it better you try to know the lady better than just portray her as a prostitute?

You are going to make a terrible parent

2 Likes

Re: My Son's Girlfriend Comes To Our House To Sleep Everyday by Midas01: 10:04am On Oct 11, 2021
He's just being a man but if a woman tried it you will call her olosho. Your hypocrisy stinks to the high heavens.
Solatium:
Sorry mama,
i can sense your fear for your son safety and well-being,if you ask me i think he will cope,the young man he's just been a man,they will go their sperate ways when the time comes,when he's more engage with making money,just keep an eye on him so he doesn't take to Drugs.

Secondly your husband is safe,she is not going to come close,not even when your son is smashing her.
stay safe mama

3 Likes

Re: My Son's Girlfriend Comes To Our House To Sleep Everyday by sharone21(f): 10:05am On Oct 11, 2021
sisisioge:
It's the pussuyy at work.

Biko return to her work place and warn her again. Tell her the next time you notice she slept over, you would call the police and ger her arrested as an intruder and report her at her office.She no well at all.

As for your son, start making the house hot for him. If he wants to behave like abroad pikin, he should complete it. At past 18yrs, they are either contributing to the bills in the house or completely moved out. He should be very guided.

She doesn't even need to involve the Police, let her just report her to her boss...shame alone go make her leave him or at least respect herself and his parents.

She can still be a good wife material if she behaves appropriately.
Re: My Son's Girlfriend Comes To Our House To Sleep Everyday by Herculex03(m): 10:06am On Oct 11, 2021
That boy get mind o
Inside your family house you dey run things
Madam na you Bleep up Sha
Simple advice find 2by2 or cane put for house next time flog both of them better style
Re: My Son's Girlfriend Comes To Our House To Sleep Everyday by Nobody: 10:06am On Oct 11, 2021
bukatyne:

The comment I was looking for.

@Madam OP, when you are ready to stop the girl from sleeping in your house, you will.

Ahn ahn, advise the OP nau. Is it until she kills the girl with big turning-garri and it becomes a police case that you people will advice.

Na wa!
Re: My Son's Girlfriend Comes To Our House To Sleep Everyday by TheGoodJoe(m): 10:06am On Oct 11, 2021
Shedrack777:
the truth is: she's a friend that makes him happy because she always knows how to make him cum

Okay, I understand now. She makes him happy by giving him a happy ending.

Your father's school fees he paid for you did not waste. cheesy
Re: My Son's Girlfriend Comes To Our House To Sleep Everyday by lokito: 10:06am On Oct 11, 2021
Bewiseedet:

Your reasoning is appalling. Really? She should mind her business. Is it actually not her business?
Re: My Son's Girlfriend Comes To Our House To Sleep Everyday by tommy589(m): 10:07am On Oct 11, 2021
wisemum:
I am bringing this topic here to see if I can get any good advise from youths of the same generation.

My son returned from schooling abroad two years ago and after completing his NYSC, has been trying to get a job. None has been forthcoming but he tries to keep occupied, trying his hands on different projects. He still lives at home but says that once he is financially stable, he will get his own apartment and move out.

He is generally a calm, law abiding , likeable gentleman until when he recently started bringing home this girl who dresses like a prostitute and who I discovered stays overnight in his room with him. His dad and I have fought him over this subject to no avail. I confronted the girl to tell her I do not feel comfortable with her sleeping overnight in my house especially since I do not know her family and will be held responsible if anything happens to her. She apologized to me and promised not to come to sleep over again. However, I noticed that after that, he started sneaking her in at late hours of the night when he thinks we have gone to bed, sometimes when it is past midnight. He hasn't introduced the girl to us as anything to him even though I have asked him several times what his intentions with this girl is but he will just say she is a friend that makes him happy- that's all.

He told his uncle that he likes the girl. I don't even know what else to do. I have tried talking to him, reasoning with him, but it all falls on his deaf ears. I do not like this girl at all. She comes across to me as a street girl- even though she is generally polite when she meets me at home anytime she comes during the day. I investigated and found out her work place is not far from our house. What I do not like about her is that she dresses, exposing delicate parts of her body and is a chain smoker.

Furthermore, to me, a girl who sleeps out in a mans' parent house, continually disregarding how his parents feel about it, cannot be good news. Once, I caught her almost naked in the night walking along the corridor leading to my sons room. She ran inside his room when she saw me. I was so embarrassed and wondered what if my husband had been the one who ran into her? What kind of thing is this? Only her pant on, breasts bare. It was the following day I traced her to her work place and gently but sharply and firmly told her I do not permit her to sleep over in my house again. His dad also spoke with him. I also spoke to him. Everything has been to no avail.

He still sneaks her in. Or did she jazz him?, Please advise me. Thanks.

I can only imagine how you feel about this. You are a loving mother that wants to protect his son but you need to realise he is an adult,and he so much enjoys the companionship of the girl.
The problem with a lot of parents nowadays is we no longer raise our kids to be independent the way our parents did. I can bet at his age your husband was no longer living with his parent. Graduates most times don't find jobs commensurate with their level of education but they must start somewhere instead of not experiencing difficulties of paying bills.
I raise my kids the way my mother did. She never fails to remind us the constitution did not mandate her to feed or shelter us when 18.. It seem harsh but my kids know they have a grace of a year to live with us after NYSC,before it gets to 12 months the first one moved out.
Give him grace of a year to shape up and start telling him you will push him out after 12 months. Start reducing privileges you accord him, don't bother yourself about the girl anymore,it may even bring them more closer. Drop a message if he did not conform in 10 months time and I will tell you the solution my mother devised and it worked.

I pray he lives up to your expectations.
Re: My Son's Girlfriend Comes To Our House To Sleep Everyday by emmyluizzz: 10:07am On Oct 11, 2021
wisemum:
I am bringing this topic here to see if I can get any good advise from youths of the same generation.

My son returned from schooling abroad two years ago and after completing his NYSC, has been trying to get a job. None has been forthcoming but he tries to keep occupied, trying his hands on different projects. He still lives at home but says that once he is financially stable, he will get his own apartment and move out.

He is generally a calm, law abiding , likeable gentleman until when he recently started bringing home this girl who dresses like a prostitute and who I discovered stays overnight in his room with him. His dad and I have fought him over this subject to no avail. I confronted the girl to tell her I do not feel comfortable with her sleeping overnight in my house especially since I do not know her family and will be held responsible if anything happens to her. She apologized to me and promised not to come to sleep over again. However, I noticed that after that, he started sneaking her in at late hours of the night when he thinks we have gone to bed, sometimes when it is past midnight. He hasn't introduced the girl to us as anything to him even though I have asked him several times what his intentions with this girl is but he will just say she is a friend that makes him happy- that's all.

He told his uncle that he likes the girl. I don't even know what else to do. I have tried talking to him, reasoning with him, but it all falls on his deaf ears. I do not like this girl at all. She comes across to me as a street girl- even though she is generally polite when she meets me at home anytime she comes during the day. I investigated and found out her work place is not far from our house. What I do not like about her is that she dresses, exposing delicate parts of her body and is a chain smoker.

Furthermore, to me, a girl who sleeps out in a mans' parent house, continually disregarding how his parents feel about it, cannot be good news. Once, I caught her almost naked in the night walking along the corridor leading to my sons room. She ran inside his room when she saw me. I was so embarrassed and wondered what if my husband had been the one who ran into her? What kind of thing is this? Only her pant on, breasts bare. It was the following day I traced her to her work place and gently but sharply and firmly told her I do not permit her to sleep over in my house again. His dad also spoke with him. I also spoke to him. Everything has been to no avail.

your son has been jazzed

sorry there is nothing you can do
just forget about him before you die early
period!!
Re: My Son's Girlfriend Comes To Our House To Sleep Everyday by ddeola: 10:08am On Oct 11, 2021
He don chop wrong apple. May God deliver him. undecided undecided undecided undecided
Re: My Son's Girlfriend Comes To Our House To Sleep Everyday by bukatyne(f): 10:08am On Oct 11, 2021
elonmuskbaby:
e be like say she be all this civilised modern day oyinbo mom

Typical African mother go don drag her by her hair and fling her out with cane, broom or water.some go even pour kerosene for her body or soak her clothes inside water and drive her out naked

Fear sef go dey catch the girl to near that house again

The son and the girl are the same.

What son has the guts to bring his girlfriend home daily?

What girl has the guts to keep sleeping in the guy's house after the mom has sternly warned her not to?

It is well.

I believe over pampering played a crucial part in this mess.

The OP is still not seeing that her son is a major problem in this fiasco.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Son's Girlfriend Comes To Our House To Sleep Everyday by Midas01: 10:10am On Oct 11, 2021
See this mumu....As long as they're married she has a stake in that house whereas the son does not.

Also, in the case of any eventuality, the woman will assume ownership of the house, not the son.
shantti:

She cannot throw a man out of his father's house. Only his father can do this. It his her husband's house not her personnal house unless she bought the land herself and erected the building with her money

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Son's Girlfriend Comes To Our House To Sleep Everyday by Dunga2345: 10:10am On Oct 11, 2021
Bewiseedet:
Can't you comprehend with the write up before spewing rubbish..She is never against him having a GF but not to be being her home and be sleeping her own house..However, they knows nothing about the girl..If someshiukd happen to her will u be there to save their ass from the embarrassment the family will be facing? She is just acting like a responsible parent..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Son's Girlfriend Comes To Our House To Sleep Everyday by EngineerOloye: 10:11am On Oct 11, 2021
Vireani79:

U know u are a total idiot
Na ur papa make the gal prostitute
That a person smokes doesn't mean she is a prostitute
Grow up
Leave nigeria for once
Even go to Benin republic
It's will cost u just 3k from mile 2
Una no know anything
I have lived in the UK and these things are normal
I have been here long enough to know what is woke and what's not
The woman's problem is she thinks the gal is beneath her family
If she like agree if she like no agree
That gal is here to stay and the son loves her
She do pass herself she go carry belle to solidify her stand
And nothing a fool like u will do about it
Anofia
Hope I'm not mistaken responding to your message, but I will take my chance to dialogue and hope we can exchange ideas and not insults and emotions as is common on social media today.
Now, though I struggle with your opinion that a girl walking around braless in a boyfriend's family house is normal, I can certainly detect from the Mother's tone that it is radically abnormal to her, and we have to respect her reality.
And being a parent, you are granted the right to have expectations for your child/children/ward, and the girl not meeting those expectations is not necessarily a fault of yours. How you go about it may constitute a problem but the girl not meeting your expectations is certainly not a crime at this point. The son in question should however share your expectations of him, otherwise... there will be conflict. It's not too late though. We should train our sons to have a picture of a glorious future, and they will know when they see it in a woman... regards of how "rich or poor" her parents/background is.
Re: My Son's Girlfriend Comes To Our House To Sleep Everyday by Midas01: 10:11am On Oct 11, 2021
If your daughter was bringing a man home will you give this same advice ?
Tushmanny123:
Its better he is doing it in your presence, than doing it elsewhere Where anything could happen. Leave them, just advice him. He's a man now
Re: My Son's Girlfriend Comes To Our House To Sleep Everyday by wallrichy: 10:12am On Oct 11, 2021
I support this statement OP.....use that energy you used in monitoring her and going to her office to get to know very well. Probably get to know her parents or guardian also. It's possible that your son smokes too and even into more dangerous stuff which you never suspected but this girl has given you an idea of course. She might be a good girl if you take the pain 5o know her very well. I am happy that she's still polite to you despite the knowledge that you don't want her. Often when it comes to relationship, what people don't want is what we Men always love to have. I am talking from experience and this story is almost the same with my story before I got married. My wife smokes and dresses like queen Latifah and also sleep over in my house cos she was still a student then, my mum felt irritated about all these and told her not to come over again...My mum is a Jehovah witness, so you can imagine. She continued coming and I continued sneaking her in not the house and funnily whenever my mum decides to stay in the house throughout the day, she goes hungry throughout that day cos I would have gone to work and all she does will be to remain quiet in my room, no access to the kitchen or the sitting room and no noise making or answering phone cos Mum must not hear. So fortunate for her that Mum travelled out and after some years we got married but I stopped all those habits before getting married to her. I stopped the smoking habit and the manner of dressing....we have two kids now and 14 years up the ladder together and Mum has come to love her also......that's just the way it's with Mother's.....so caring and seems to know the best for their son even though they might not......

Bewiseedet:

1 Like

Re: My Son's Girlfriend Comes To Our House To Sleep Everyday by TheWolfen(m): 10:13am On Oct 11, 2021
The girl is everything your son is so that is why they both able to relate and connect with each other so well. But this also doest mean they right for each other but just two damaged souls ...
Your work as a parent isn't complete yet. Get your son a job first. Then secondly an apartment with a warning that he will be the one to pay his rent and continually give him advises and emotional support as a parent. Do what is right. It is left for him to listen or suffer the consequences. Then you will be able to justify your actions before God
Re: My Son's Girlfriend Comes To Our House To Sleep Everyday by phadul: 10:15am On Oct 11, 2021
it was the way he was raised withiut descipline how on earth will the son get liver to bring a prostitute to his own fathers house confidently shocked

1 Like

Re: My Son's Girlfriend Comes To Our House To Sleep Everyday by Nnunuisikalaka: 10:18am On Oct 11, 2021
You see this problem, in the next ten to fifteen years. That will be the norm with the parents of nowadays. My own child that I feed,house and cloth will bring babe into my house in my presence? It can only happen say I was out of town. Madam please be the parent that God made you! Give him ultimatum! Marry the girl in one week or leave my house! See how you are pushing the blame to the girl. You shouldn't choose a girl for your over- pampered baby. Likes go for likes! Growing up, my dad will always tell us' my house, my rules!! Now as a parent I don't loose guard ooo! If you are old enough to need a woman every night, get married or leave my house. On a lighter note shaa I bet that your son has never been beaten by you or your husband.
Re: My Son's Girlfriend Comes To Our House To Sleep Everyday by bigjackass: 10:19am On Oct 11, 2021
Vireani79:

U know u are a total idiot
Na ur papa make the gal prostitute
That a person smokes doesn't mean she is a prostitute
Grow up
Leave nigeria for once
Even go to Benin republic
It's will cost u just 3k from mile 2
Una no know anything
I have lived in the UK and these things are normal
I have been here long enough to know what is woke and what's not
The woman's problem is she thinks the gal is beneath her family
If she like agree if she like no agree
That gal is here to stay and the son loves her
She do pass herself she go carry belle to solidify her stand
And nothing a fool like u will do about it
Anofia
You no just get sense at all and you are obviously a teenager or in your early twenties. These parents are concerned about the personality of the girl and you are talking nonsense. I'm sure they will have the same concerns if the son had a reckless male friend that sleeps in their house. What parent will be comfortable? Besides whether the girl is from a poor or rich background is cancelled if she can't show some respect to her boyfriend's parents. Is this the UK? Parents no longer have the right to control who sleeps in their home because that is how it is done in the UK? I repeat she's a prostitute because no self respecting girl in Nigeria will be comfortable in this situation. It will be a different case if she has no place to sleep at night and she could have explained the situation when the mom told her to stop sleeping there. Must she spend the night there? Must she force them to accept her by disrespecting them? And having the guts to walk around the house naked where other people live. You are a big idiôt if you see nothing wrong with such behavior.
The boy sneaking her in and out of his parents house like a cheap whóre does not see a future with her and he will discard her for a responsible lady when he gets a job and gets his life together
Re: My Son's Girlfriend Comes To Our House To Sleep Everyday by grandstar(m): 10:19am On Oct 11, 2021
elonmuskbaby:
Mr man this is Nigeria,if the boy doesn't know what he's doing or he's naieve,the girl knows what she's doing and she's like a wolf patiently and cleverly waiting for an unguarded moment to exploit.she is looking for where to put her head.

@wisemum you are putting snake inside your pocket thinking it will not harm you because it is still calm and peaceful.

It's very possible the girl might get pregnant with another person's child and hang it on your son because she sees he has prospects or is an ajebota or she could actually trap him with pregnancy and force all of you to get her married to your son.all this she's polite Na just acting.it is not something you should overlook.if it happened in UK at least there's still support system to protect all parties involved but this is Naija where people are exploitative and the girl is looking for the family she wants to enter by force through pregnancy.dont let it slide.its an issue that you should deal with asap because Nigeria is already a misogynistic society,if push comes to shove,you will be blamed and you won't escape it.this is not a time to be doing ajebo.get police and take her to the station.she should write an undertaking and sign in the police station that she will never step into your house again and she should be arrested if she does so

True words. You're right

But again, what if he starts meeting the girl outside? That's why a lot of the time, a hard stance backfires. It just drives it underground.
That's where the real horror tends to be.

It's best you talk sense into the boy by use of questions and the parents own experiences when they were young. He'd tealise they too were young like him

1 Like

Re: My Son's Girlfriend Comes To Our House To Sleep Everyday by gentlesmithugo(m): 10:22am On Oct 11, 2021
I have a little solution to ur problem here.since he sneaked her in late in d night.y not change d key ,so he cant be able to open d door for her.or still,allow him to bring d gal inside den lock d door with another.let us see how she will sneak out in d morning.make sure she missed work that day.and make sure dey didnt eat anything so hunger will reset dia brain
Re: My Son's Girlfriend Comes To Our House To Sleep Everyday by Nobody: 10:22am On Oct 11, 2021
wisemum:

You're bringing such a delicate matter to nairaland platform...

You will end up being more confused.

Ma, treat the case as a parent you're, talk to God and leave the rest for Him (God), to handle.
Re: My Son's Girlfriend Comes To Our House To Sleep Everyday by Nwibii: 10:23am On Oct 11, 2021
Mmmmm
Some people are lucky ooo.
I just imagine what my deeperlife mum would have done.
One day I brought in my girl, my mum has to leave church early on Sunday and locked the door with my girlfriend inside from morning till evening by 8pm. grin grin grin.
The other day she saw her coming inside my room after my girlfriend finished taking her bath, she chase her out with only tower gringrin, there was no way the girl could call me since her phone was inside the room, a neighbor has to put her in till I came back. grin grin
My mum told me if I like the girl I should go and marry her and stop having s*x with her when I haven't married her.
After those experiences when ever I call her, she didn't come, so I device planB which is taking her else where.

SUMMARY.
Madam, the truth is, if you spear the rod you dpoil the child.
Re: My Son's Girlfriend Comes To Our House To Sleep Everyday by nrexzy: 10:26am On Oct 11, 2021
dfrost:

The banny no go show.

The meeting should be a surprise. Either chase her out on time or simply make the meeting happen on one of the nights she sleeps over.

Burst into the room (EFCC or Gestapo style). If they are naked, it's their business, after all the lady is comfortable walking around the house naked. angry
Naaah na adults it should be handled diplomatically make e no from frying Pan enter fire...
Re: My Son's Girlfriend Comes To Our House To Sleep Everyday by ezugegere(m): 10:26am On Oct 11, 2021
Let me see my son with a wayward lady, even in his own house, na kobo I go use reset his brain. I don't care whether he is 100 years old, as long as I'm still alive, I remain his father.
Re: My Son's Girlfriend Comes To Our House To Sleep Everyday by oliverwrites: 10:27am On Oct 11, 2021
Your husband is the reason for such rubbish. GOD forbids my soon does such, I will throw him out immediately.
Re: My Son's Girlfriend Comes To Our House To Sleep Everyday by FvckAllMods: 10:27am On Oct 11, 2021
Lol ni 2021? Not funny
bigjackass:
What rubbish. You and your husband are too gentle. Since they have refused to listen the next thing is to change it for them especially the girl. Next time you see her in your house use stick pursue am comot. Nonsense
Re: My Son's Girlfriend Comes To Our House To Sleep Everyday by mashad(m): 10:28am On Oct 11, 2021
I can't imagine myself doing this in my father's house confidently. E choke oo

Such a a spoilt brat!

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (14) (Reply)

Men, Can You Take Your Wife Back After Cheating On You? / My Neighbour Punishes His 16-year-old Daughter By Stripping Her Unclad / My Wedding Estimate 4 Years Ago

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 136
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.