Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,607 members, 7,812,998 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 02:46 AM

My Son's Girlfriend Comes To Our House To Sleep Everyday - Family (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Son's Girlfriend Comes To Our House To Sleep Everyday (50102 Views)

‘My Boyfriend Pays The Rent For Our House But He Doesn’t Know I’m The Landlord’ / My Husband Has Become A Domestic Slave In Our House & I Do Not Know How To Stop / My Wicked Wife Didn't Buy Christmas Clothes For Our House Help (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Son's Girlfriend Comes To Our House To Sleep Everyday by prigoz(m): 9:45am On Oct 11, 2021
Bewiseedet:
Mind your business. Your son is matured enough to chose who to love. Isn't it better you try to know the lady better than just portray her as a prostitute?
But not in his parents house, he should behave himself.

1 Like

Re: My Son's Girlfriend Comes To Our House To Sleep Everyday by chris51(f): 9:46am On Oct 11, 2021
bigjackass:
What rubbish. You and your husband are too gentle. Since they have refused to listen the next thing is to change it for them especially the girl. Next time you see her in your house use stick pursue am comot. Nonsense

God bless you real good.

1 Like

Re: My Son's Girlfriend Comes To Our House To Sleep Everyday by chris51(f): 9:46am On Oct 11, 2021
chris51:

God bless you real good.
Re: My Son's Girlfriend Comes To Our House To Sleep Everyday by bluefilm: 9:46am On Oct 11, 2021
wisemum:
I am bringing this topic here to see if I can get any good advise from youths of the same generation.

My son returned from schooling abroad two years ago and after completing his NYSC, has been trying to get a job. None has been forthcoming but he tries to keep occupied, trying his hands on different projects. He still lives at home but says that once he is financially stable, he will get his own apartment and move out.

He is generally a calm, law abiding , likeable gentleman until when he recently started bringing home this girl who dresses like a prostitute and who I discovered stays overnight in his room with him. His dad and I have fought him over this subject to no avail. I confronted the girl to tell her I do not feel comfortable with her sleeping overnight in my house especially since I do not know her family and will be held responsible if anything happens to her. She apologized to me and promised not to come to sleep over again. However, I noticed that after that, he started sneaking her in at late hours of the night when he thinks we have gone to bed, sometimes when it is past midnight. He hasn't introduced the girl to us as anything to him even though I have asked him several times what his intentions with this girl is but he will just say she is a friend that makes him happy- that's all.

He told his uncle that he likes the girl. I don't even know what else to do. I have tried talking to him, reasoning with him, but it all falls on his deaf ears. I do not like this girl at all. She comes across to me as a street girl- even though she is generally polite when she meets me at home anytime she comes during the day. I investigated and found out her work place is not far from our house. What I do not like about her is that she dresses, exposing delicate parts of her body and is a chain smoker.

Furthermore, to me, a girl who sleeps out in a mans' parent house, continually disregarding how his parents feel about it, cannot be good news. Once, I caught her almost naked in the night walking along the corridor leading to my sons room. She ran inside his room when she saw me. I was so embarrassed and wondered what if my husband had been the one who ran into her? What kind of thing is this? Only her pant on, breasts bare. It was the following day I traced her to her work place and gently but sharply and firmly told her I do not permit her to sleep over in my house again. His dad also spoke with him. I also spoke to him. Everything has been to no avail.

He still sneaks her in. Or did she jazz him?, Please advise me. Thanks.

Uwa mmebi.
Re: My Son's Girlfriend Comes To Our House To Sleep Everyday by sugah: 9:48am On Oct 11, 2021
Unruly7:
How you portray the girl evil without saying anything bad about your son lol

If the girl is a chain smoker it means your son is a chronic smoker

If the girl is a prostitute it means your son is one

If the girl is not responsible for sleeping in a man house, your son is irresponsible for sneaking in a girl in his father's house VERY DISRESPECTFUL

Atleast the girl is working your son isn't working

The problem here is your son maybe you help him get a job and his own apartment

Since he has decided to be useless let him continue

Before you quote me remember The girl won't come to the house if the boy didn't invite her

Thank you!!!!.

OP, unfortunately you've made the situation worse with your high-handedness...sneaking around sex is sweeter than full freedom sex so there's no stopping them now.

1 Like

Re: My Son's Girlfriend Comes To Our House To Sleep Everyday by bigcee(m): 9:49am On Oct 11, 2021
Bewiseedet:
Mind your business. Your son is matured enough to chose who to love. Isn't it better you try to know the lady better than just portray her as a prostitute?
Try dey use your senses na undecided
Re: My Son's Girlfriend Comes To Our House To Sleep Everyday by lordatkinson07(m): 9:49am On Oct 11, 2021
She has packed come house be dat.
Indirectly telling you that her bride price payment can be later things and if possible, should not bother.
Re: My Son's Girlfriend Comes To Our House To Sleep Everyday by abeniagbon(m): 9:51am On Oct 11, 2021
wisemum:
I am bringing this topic here to see if I can get any good advise from youths of the same generation.

My son returned from schooling abroad two years ago and after completing his NYSC, has been trying to get a job. None has been forthcoming but he tries to keep occupied, trying his hands on different projects. He still lives at home but says that once he is financially stable, he will get his own apartment and move out.

He is generally a calm, law abiding , likeable gentleman until when he recently started bringing home this girl who dresses like a prostitute and who I discovered stays overnight in his room with him. His dad and I have fought him over this subject to no avail. I confronted the girl to tell her I do not feel comfortable with her sleeping overnight in my house especially since I do not know her family and will be held responsible if anything happens to her. She apologized to me and promised not to come to sleep over again. However, I noticed that after that, he started sneaking her in at late hours of the night when he thinks we have gone to bed, sometimes when it is past midnight. He hasn't introduced the girl to us as anything to him even though I have asked him several times what his intentions with this girl is but he will just say she is a friend that makes him happy- that's all.

He told his uncle that he likes the girl. I don't even know what else to do. I have tried talking to him, reasoning with him, but it all falls on his deaf ears. I do not like this girl at all. She comes across to me as a street girl- even though she is generally polite when she meets me at home anytime she comes during the day. I investigated and found out her work place is not far from our house. What I do not like about her is that she dresses, exposing delicate parts of her body and is a chain smoker.

Furthermore, to me, a girl who sleeps out in a mans' parent house, continually disregarding how his parents feel about it, cannot be good news. Once, I caught her almost naked in the night walking along the corridor leading to my sons room. She ran inside his room when she saw me. I was so embarrassed and wondered what if my husband had been the one who ran into her? What kind of thing is this? Only her pant on, breasts bare. It was the following day I traced her to her work place and gently but sharply and firmly told her I do not permit her to sleep over in my house again. His dad also spoke with him. I also spoke to him. Everything has been to no avail.

Just carry the girl inside your motor and take her to her home to know her parent... Or better still tell her to give you her address to know her parent... And try to go and see her parent with your boy.. na to marry dey do your boy
Re: My Son's Girlfriend Comes To Our House To Sleep Everyday by Nobody: 9:51am On Oct 11, 2021
wisemum:

The truth is bitter. You have to take your stand.

1. I studied abroad too, and I can understand him. Though, I am not of his generation. I am far older than him.

2. You have no choice but to take your stand.

3. He needs to be busy. He needs to get out of the house and hustle more. But it's not easy to hustle. I know. There is no job.

4. If God blesses you, create a job for him. This is a time where no one says a kind of job doesnt suit him or her. Since he wants to start living his life, then, be harsh with him to get ready to start being responsible for his actions.

5. If I was you, I would just lease a farm for him, and tell him to go cultivate it. Well, I can do that cos I know the ins and out of it. After all, that's the main job one can do without relying on govt these days. He should go hustle on the farm. If he doesnt want to, I would kick him out. Simple. He should go hustle and return with N10million to N40milliin plus and move abroad again or start something meaningful. Farming is a kind of hustle I know any young Nigerian who has sometimes cash like N3-5million can do without waiting for govt. And he should do what herdsmen arent interested in. If he researches well and does the right thing, herdmen will not even cross his path. Only his God, his destiny, and his own willingness that are factors to his success. Many young men that I have shown the way come home every summer to hustle instead of doing petty jobs abroad during summer. And they are making it big time. I give them the details and they execute it themselves. Let him get very busy away in the rural area, his brain will come back to normal. If it doesnt, then, it means there is something wrong with him and the girl is not his problem.

1 Like

Re: My Son's Girlfriend Comes To Our House To Sleep Everyday by elonmuskbaby: 9:51am On Oct 11, 2021
bigjackass:
this is how you will ruin your children's life because you want to be the woke parent. Apart from smoking and indecent dressing, that is a very disrespectful girl that will destroy the family. Why can't she just listen to them and come during the day and leave later without spending the night? undecided They should get to know her while she obviously has no regard for them whatsoever in their own house. She doesn't rate them at all. And there is no love there. She's just a prostitute that gets paid for her nightly services because a girl that has sense will not be comfortable using her boyfriend's house as a hotel after his parents have told her to stop sleeping there
exactly.a girl with family values will even find it disrespectful and demeaning for a man to sneak her into his house under his parents nose

The first issue is where are her parents,it's not about being rich or poor but her values.she wants to use the backdoor in forcing a decent family to allow her marry their son when she has no roots
Re: My Son's Girlfriend Comes To Our House To Sleep Everyday by jaxxy(m): 9:51am On Oct 11, 2021
wisemum:

Rather that being reactive, be proactive in ur relationships with ur son. What do I mean?

Instead ot reacting to what ur son is doing with this gal and getting worked up about Smtn that might be nothing. Sit ur son Down and ask him what his plans are and what type of gal e would like to settle down with, what she kind of person she must be as what she might be doing. Then him how he plans to achieve that and then ask him what are his intentions with this current gal. If he says it’s just fun accept it and encourage him him to find the type of gal that suits him based on ur discussions. Also share ideas on the type of gal u think might be beneficial to him.

By this u are getting closer to his personal interests without being intrusive and he will appreciate u better than u chasing him or his guest around like they are criminals. Yes u can still set ur rules and guidelines and show ur displeasure only where necessary bt don’t make him feel uncomfortable.

Try to be friendly or indifferent than a villain in their relationship or entanglement while advising him.
Re: My Son's Girlfriend Comes To Our House To Sleep Everyday by Nobody: 9:52am On Oct 11, 2021
wisemum:

The only option you a d your husband have now since your son has refused to listen, tell him to leave your house and continue with his escapades somewhere else.
Simple!!!
Re: My Son's Girlfriend Comes To Our House To Sleep Everyday by Liftme(f): 9:52am On Oct 11, 2021
Unruly7:

If the girl is not responsible for sleeping in a man house, your son is irresponsible for sneaking in a girl in his father's house VERY DISRESPECTFUL

Before you quote me remember The girl won't come to the house if the boy didn't invite her

how can I like this a million times over kiss

1 Like

Re: My Son's Girlfriend Comes To Our House To Sleep Everyday by AkaraAndBread: 9:53am On Oct 11, 2021
wisemum:

Furthermore, to me, a girl who sleeps out in a mans' parent house, continually disregarding how his parents feel about it, cannot be good news. Once, I caught her almost naked in the night walking along the corridor leading to my sons room. She ran inside his room when she saw me. I was so embarrassed and wondered what if my husband had been the one who ran into her? What kind of thing is this? Only her pant on, breasts bare. grin It was the following day I traced her to her work place and gently but sharply and firmly told her I do not permit her to sleep over in my house again. His dad also spoke with him. I also spoke to him. Everything has been to no avail.

He still sneaks her in
. Or did she jazz him?, Please advise me. Thanks.

Hahahaha ... No be jazz matter, Madam.

If your son is a graduate and is old enough to work yet he still brings a woman into his parents' house to spend the night then I believe it is not the woman that you should be talking to.

In fact, that "boy" that you call your son has been fed with a silver spoon for too long. That's why he has the guts to be sleeping with a woman under his parents' roof.

Leave the poor lady alone. No be she cause am. Na opportunity wey she see.

In fact, if there is anyone that should be reprimanded then it should be you and your husband because your son lacks respect and discipline.

He still wants to eat his cake and have it. Even after his parents have expressed their displeasure with his sh!t, the "boy" has still chosen to stay and continue F!CKING the girl under his parents' roof. No right thinking man will do that.

If he is old enough to f!ck anyone he likes then he should be old enough to rent his own place (no matter how small) in order to do as he likes...

... but what am I saying sef. Why should he even THINK ABOUT renting his own place when he knows "Mummy and Daddy" can always do that for him.

But they wouldn't, would they? They "enjoy" his company. You and your hubby still want A FULL GROWN MAN around the house... a full grown man that you will dictate your rules and regulations to.

Face the disrespect that your son is giving you and your husband quietly and don't bring your matter here. That "boy" seems to be a spoilt "child".

Even before I got married, DEM NO BORN ME WELL TO CARRY WOMAN INTO MY PAPA HOUSE TO SLEEP WITH AM.

Sorry if my tone sounds a bit harsh. I have a relative who complained the same thing about her "son" ... (as if the MEN in question are teenagers). Stuff like that just pisses me off.

1 Like

Re: My Son's Girlfriend Comes To Our House To Sleep Everyday by Lindner: 9:54am On Oct 11, 2021
It's already too late. Your son also smokes and possibly do drugs. The only thing within your control right now is that he doesn't disrespect you by doing those things in your house. You gave him too much free hand.

You need to start by shocking both your son and the olosho girl. Wait till he smuggles her in again and throw both of them out in the middle of the night, seize the key to his room. He's able to bring olosho home because he has a room.

But again, you heaped all the blame on the girl, there is the possibility that your son is worse. He's not doing stuffs in your presence. Like I said, it's too late. Just manage him till he gets his own house and pray for him that he doesn't loose his life or encounters a life bending tragedy.

3 Likes

Re: My Son's Girlfriend Comes To Our House To Sleep Everyday by OChimex: 9:54am On Oct 11, 2021
wisemum:

First, your name is entirely different from who you are.
Second, there is nothing you can do about your son now because it's a bit late. You guys brought him up with so much freedom and sending him abroad did worse.
You and your husband failed at parenting. For the fact that you only find the girl to be at fault proves me right.

Now, you and your husband need to be stern with the boy, like damn serious with threats of throwing him into the streets if he doesn't stop being stupid.

Most of you wealthy parents always spare the rod a lot and spoil your children and eventually come to cry at old age.

2 Likes

Re: My Son's Girlfriend Comes To Our House To Sleep Everyday by LastProphet: 9:54am On Oct 11, 2021
Madam this is definitely one of the projects you said he's trying his hands on, only difference is that this one is a very personal project not to be shared with anyone. So pray Madam wahala cycling to your house
Re: My Son's Girlfriend Comes To Our House To Sleep Everyday by Bishop(m): 9:54am On Oct 11, 2021
wisemum:

It always ends up in a bad way, my brother did exactly the same thing. He is left with 2 untrained children out of wedlock and no wife
Re: My Son's Girlfriend Comes To Our House To Sleep Everyday by larryking540: 9:54am On Oct 11, 2021
Bewiseedet:
my guy don't talk like that ,if calamity befall this young man ,am sure u will still be the one saying he was not rasied properly
Re: My Son's Girlfriend Comes To Our House To Sleep Everyday by Govocrete: 9:55am On Oct 11, 2021
Schooled abroad, return to serve his NYSC and now hunting for a job.

Which country did he school? China, Cyprus or Malaysia?

I need to ask because he should not continue to be a liability. He should be man enough to rent his house.

It's total disrespect that he bring his girlfriend into the parent's house to sleep. If this is practice wherever he schooled, he should also know that once you are 18yrs over there you can also leave your parents house.

1 Like

Re: My Son's Girlfriend Comes To Our House To Sleep Everyday by larryking540: 9:56am On Oct 11, 2021
Bishop:

It always ends up in a bad way, my brother did exactly the same thing. He is left with 2 untrained children out of wedlock and no wife

hmmmm,the best thing to do is for op to send the son to another state ,let's see how he will cope ,he needs to settle down with a job ,the lady is just around him with the mindset of my boyfriend school abroad
Re: My Son's Girlfriend Comes To Our House To Sleep Everyday by Ken4ward: 9:56am On Oct 11, 2021
She has a plan, once she's pregnant for your son, that's the end of discussion.
Re: My Son's Girlfriend Comes To Our House To Sleep Everyday by adedayourt(m): 9:56am On Oct 11, 2021
Bewiseedet:

You words are disgustingly irritating. So you trying to say the wellbeing of a son is not the business of his mother
Re: My Son's Girlfriend Comes To Our House To Sleep Everyday by Vireani79: 9:56am On Oct 11, 2021
bigjackass:
this is how you will ruin your children's life because you want to be the woke parent. Apart from smoking and indecent dressing, that is a very disrespectful girl that will destroy the family. Why can't she just listen to them and come during the day and leave later without spending the night? undecided They should get to know her while she obviously has no regard for them whatsoever in their own house. She doesn't rate them at all. And there is no love there. She's just a prostitute that gets paid for her nightly services because a girl that has sense will not be comfortable using her boyfriend's house as a hotel after his parents have told her to stop sleeping there

U know u are a total idiot
Na ur papa make the gal prostitute
That a person smokes doesn't mean she is a prostitute
Grow up
Leave nigeria for once
Even go to Benin republic
It's will cost u just 3k from mile 2
Una no know anything
I have lived in the UK and these things are normal
I have been here long enough to know what is woke and what's not
The woman's problem is she thinks the gal is beneath her family
If she like agree if she like no agree
That gal is here to stay and the son loves her
She do pass herself she go carry belle to solidify her stand
And nothing a fool like u will do about it
Anofia
Re: My Son's Girlfriend Comes To Our House To Sleep Everyday by Midas01: 9:57am On Oct 11, 2021
All these stupid redpillers and frustrated meninists here won't dare call their fellow brolosho names.

Now reverse the roles with the woman's daughter and all hell will let loose.

Truth be told, @ op your son is a very big disappointment. Imagine bringing a girl home to sleep over and the girl walking around your house naked, lol.

All that and you don't think your son is the real problem.

2 Likes

Re: My Son's Girlfriend Comes To Our House To Sleep Everyday by EngineerOloye: 9:57am On Oct 11, 2021
wisemum:

This never spoil nah...
Wait for one of the days he will sneaker her in, but make sure it is on a Friday night, so you are sure the next morning the girl no dey go work.
Buy yam, palm oil, small aso ebi & small small engagement things... Around 2 am Saturday morning, Knock down into the room and bring those things in. Tell him you are okay with the choice he has for his future, be serious and talk about future with the girl and all. Finish all your shenanigans before 4am to leave their room, but make sure to tell tham that you are following him, taking those things to the girls house by 7am in the morning. Afterwards, excuse them and let the fighting begin. He will get sense by force to decide if that is how his destiny wants to run his tomorrow for him!!!
Re: My Son's Girlfriend Comes To Our House To Sleep Everyday by Kimjongun: 9:58am On Oct 11, 2021
I love the fact that this post was made by a woman, where are the feminist again?
Re: My Son's Girlfriend Comes To Our House To Sleep Everyday by Nobody: 9:58am On Oct 11, 2021
Unruly7:

Epic! grin
Re: My Son's Girlfriend Comes To Our House To Sleep Everyday by larryking540: 9:58am On Oct 11, 2021
Govocrete:
Schooled abroad, return to serve his NYSC and now hunting for a job.

Which country did he school? China, Cyprus or Malaysia?

I need to ask because he should not continue to be a liability. He should be man enough to rent his house.

It's total disrespect that he bring his girlfriend into the parent's house to sleep. If this is practice wherever he schooled, he should also know that once you are 18yrs over there you can also leave your parents house.
the guy is just been lazy ,that is why I tell parents never make their home too comfortable for their children to stay ,who will school oversea and return back ,na mad ness
Re: My Son's Girlfriend Comes To Our House To Sleep Everyday by Hawkeyez: 9:59am On Oct 11, 2021
Bewiseedet:
So her soon is not her business,smh
Re: My Son's Girlfriend Comes To Our House To Sleep Everyday by house10s: 9:59am On Oct 11, 2021
wisemum:

isn't it better u see d girl he brings in than the one he meet outside.

u claim u don't know her but..

u know her father
u know where she works
u trace her to work place yet ur son isnt working.

u are simply using ur hands to create distance btw u n ur son.

best b nice to her n tell her to stop sneaking in n help out with house work.
Re: My Son's Girlfriend Comes To Our House To Sleep Everyday by charles2468(m): 9:59am On Oct 11, 2021
All I noticed and observed here, is that your son haven't lived the life he wants, maybe all these years he had not flex and had much dealings with ladies, so now he wants to flex and live life, but the only God thing to do for him is to tell him the danger of the type of life he wants to live now cos if care is not taking he will get d lady pregnant or contact STD or HIV, the lady in question from what you said is a runs girl, forget her been calm in greeting you, if she succeed to get her way in, you will regret it. In all your son is not well trained or you people failed your obligation there cos no matter what he supposed have that respect and regard to you people been the parents.
So kindly do your homework well.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

Men, Can You Take Your Wife Back After Cheating On You? / If You Used These Perfumes And You're Not Married Hmmmm... / UPDATE: Snake In My Roof

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 154
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.