Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,654 members, 7,816,682 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:09 PM

Reno Omokri: There Are Other Ethnic Nations More Tribalistic Than Fulani - Politics (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Reno Omokri: There Are Other Ethnic Nations More Tribalistic Than Fulani (34735 Views)

Over 70% Of Africa Nations More Peaceful Than US, Says Peacepro / Why Do A Lot Of Nigerians Of Other Ethnic Groups Reject Igbo Presidency? / Wike Tells Other Ethnic Groups In Rivers Ntoor ?!!¡¿!? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Reno Omokri: There Are Other Ethnic Nations More Tribalistic Than Fulani by GeneralPula: 7:43am On Oct 12, 2021
Coronabirus:
IGBOS MARGINALISATION OF NIGERIANS
*THIS IS THE REASON WHY HAUSAS, YORUBAS, EDO AND THE NIGER DELTA MAN WILL NOT TRUST THE IBO MAN AT THE CENTER AND WHY THE HAUSAS MAY NOT WANT TO RELINQUISH POWER IN NIGERIA*
Any historians in the house to vet this:
Forgotten History Of Igbo Tribe And Northern Alliance.
Do you know that when Tafawa Balewa was Prime Minister of Nigeria;
Chief of Army Staff was from SE
Chief of Naval Staff was from SE
IG of Police was from SE
Chief of Defence Staff was from SE
Internal Affairs Minister SE
External Affairs Minister SE
Education Minister South SE
Many other key ministries to SE
Parliament President SE
Unilag VC from SE
The University of Ibadan VC from SE
North resisted same at ABU!
Still, there was dissatisfaction by SE, the officers from the region killed this same Balewa!!!!
Out of all the most senior officers in Nigeria, SE has 37, none was killed. 8 from the north, all of them were killed. 10 from the west, 2 were killed.
Then Ironsi imposed a unitary system of government on the country so that everything can belong to a region who snatched it!
We must know our history so that when we want to make corrections, we will not end up concealing the truth. This has nothing to do with tribalism but everything to do with the truth.....at times when lies litter the streets. There is a tendency to think those are truths and facts.
*What follows are documented facts that can be cross-checked for authenticity!"*
Thou shall know the truth and the truth shall set you free.
*“Prof. Ben Nwabueze was the man who drafted the constitution that took away powers from regions and handed it to the central government because his brother Aguiyi Ironsi was the head of state then. Today, he is shouting restructuring that he helped to destroy. We won’t forget.”*.
WHAT BIAFRANS WILL NEVER TELL YOU ABOUT THE REAL CAUSE OF THEIR WOES IN NIGERIA TODAY:
The Igbo man is known to enjoy blaming the Hausa fulanis, Yorubas and indeed every other Nigerian tribe and Lord Luggard/Britain for their seeming claim of being in third class citizen status in Nigeria. In their perpetual attempts to play the victim card, they recount the political events of Nigeria from 1914 to the present in a half-baked and highly selective manner which cleverly avoids the mention of the roles played by their elite who by all natural laws of judgement were actually responsible for the woes that befell not only the Igbo race but the entire Nigeria nation.
However, the national archives have the complete and unedited history of Nigeria regarding the political events beginning way back from even before 1914. I will therefore proceed to furnish my readers with the complete story for all to read and be endowed with enough facts so as to judge and act from an informed position.
Shortly after the 1914 Amalgamation of the Northern and Southern Protectorates, it started getting clear that the country was bound to fail as the amalgamation in question was done with colonial fiat without the consent and consensus of the different tribes which were over 300. This prompted the political leaders to start asking for de-amalgamation so as to forestall the future danger which the forced amalgamation portended.
To that end, Ahmadu Bello, speaking on behalf of the Northern protectorate in 1944 described the amalgamation as "The mistake of 1914 which if allowed to remain will ultimately lead to unstoppable bloodshed and a failed country".
Awolowo, speaking on behalf of the Yorubas and Western minorities, described Nigeria as a mere geographical expression not qualified to be called a country let alone a nation. Awolowo added that if the amalgamation could not be reversed, then Nigeria should be structured as a strictly federal state so as to enable each tribe enjoy autonomy this freedom from being dominated by any one single tribe.
But Nnamdi Azikiwe, speaking for the Igbos, denounced Awolowo and Ahmadu Bello, terming them ethnic champions. He accused them of nursing a sectional agenda against the unity of Nigeria, and he declared further that the Unity of Nigeria was non-negotiable.
After moving the motion for independece in 1953, Anthony Enahoro proposed that a secession clause should be incorporated into the future constitution of Nigeria so as to give legal backing for any tribe to peacefully exit the forced union if it feels marginalized in future. According to Enahoro, such provision in our constitution would instill in all Nigeria's future leaders the fear of the consequences of misgovernance. But Azikiwe, speaking on behalf of Igbos, rose against him in the parliament and labelled him an agent of disunity, and enemy of Nigeria. At a later date, Awolowo too made a case for secession clause, but Azikiwe again resisted him and instigated the colonial authorities to threaten him and Enahoro with charges of treasonable felony if they didn't stop proposing secession clause for the future constitution. While Azikiwe did all these, Igbos cheered and urged him on because they felt the future Nigeria was theirs to dominate and lord it over every other tribe
Before independece, Tafawa Balewa too had in a public speech described Nigeria as a British experiment and Nigeria's unity as a British intention which Nigerians themselves don't believe in. But Azikiwe kicked and demonized him too. Had Azikiwe co-operated with Enahoro, Awolowo, Ahmadu Bello and Tafawa Balewa about the secession clause, Nigeria perhaps would not have been this misgoverned.
It should be noted that there were many Igbo members of the parliament in which Azikiwe fought against Awolowo's secession clause proposal in the link above, but not a single one of them rose against Azikiwe or condemned him.
Igbos initially never wanted to hear anything like secession in Nigeria because they so much believed, though falsely, that they were the most educated tribe.
As an evidence of Igbo domination agenda hence their initial resistance to the idea of secession; here is a quote:
"From all indications, the god of us Igbos have destined us to rule the whole of Africa"

Hmmm

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Reno Omokri: There Are Other Ethnic Nations More Tribalistic Than Fulani by Zakiushenry: 7:44am On Oct 12, 2021
Yoruba that can sell a fellow brother
Re: Reno Omokri: There Are Other Ethnic Nations More Tribalistic Than Fulani by Gireiboy(m): 7:45am On Oct 12, 2021
Onepeople:
fuul,don't quote me to say rubbish next time,the fuul did not mention igbos ,but your low life knows who he is referring to except you are dumb.
So, does that mean; you believe Igbo's are the most tribalistic people in the country?
Re: Reno Omokri: There Are Other Ethnic Nations More Tribalistic Than Fulani by Seun360(m): 7:49am On Oct 12, 2021
Coronabirus:
*THIS IS THE REASON WHY HAUSAS, YORUBAS, EDO AND THE NIGER DELTA MAN WILL NOT TRUST THE IBO MAN AT THE CENTER AND WHY THE HAUSAS MAY NOT WANT TO RELINQUISH POWER IN NIGERIA*
Chief of Army Staff was from SE
Chief of Naval Staff was from SE
IG of Police was from SE
Chief of Defence Staff was from SE
Internal Affairs Minister SE
External Affairs Minister SE
Education Minister South SE
Many other key ministries to SE
Parliament President SE
Unilag VC from SE
The University of Ibadan VC from SE
North resisted same at ABU!
Still, there was dissatisfaction by SE, the officers from the region killed this same Balewa!!!!
Out of all the most senior officers in Nigeria, SE has 37, none was killed. 8 from the north, all of them were killed. 10 from the west, 2 were killed.
Then Ironsi imposed a unitary system of government on the country so that everything can belong to a region who snatched it!
We must know our history so that when we want to make corrections, we will not end up concealing the truth. This has nothing to do with tribalism but everything to do with the truth.....at times when lies litter the streets. There is a tendency to think those are truths and facts.
*What follows are documented facts that can be cross-checked for authenticity!"*
*“Prof. Ben Nwabueze was the man who drafted the constitution that took away powers from regions and handed it to the central government because his brother Aguiyi Ironsi was the head of state then. Today, he is shouting restructuring that he helped to destroy. We won’t forget.”*.
WHAT BIAFRANS WILL NEVER TELL YOU ABOUT THE REAL CAUSE OF THEIR WOES IN NIGERIA TODAY:
The Igbo man is known to enjoy blaming the Hausa fulanis, Yorubas and indeed every other Nigerian tribe and Lord Luggard/Britain for their seeming claim of being in third class citizen status in Nigeria. In their perpetual attempts to play the victim card, they recount the political events of Nigeria from 1914 to the present in a half-baked and highly selective manner which cleverly avoids the mention of the roles played by their elite who by all natural laws of judgement were actually responsible for the woes that befell not only the Igbo race but the entire Nigeria nation.
However, the national archives have the complete and unedited history of Nigeria regarding the political events beginning way back from even before 1914. I will therefore proceed to furnish my readers with the complete story for all to read and be endowed with enough facts so as to judge and act from an informed position.
Shortly after the 1914 Amalgamation of the Northern and Southern Protectorates, it started getting clear that the country was bound to fail as the amalgamation in question was done with colonial fiat without the consent and consensus of the different tribes which were over 300. This prompted the political leaders to start asking for de-amalgamation so as to forestall the future danger which the forced amalgamation portended.
To that end, Ahmadu Bello, speaking on behalf of the Northern protectorate in 1944 described the amalgamation as "The mistake of 1914 which if allowed to remain will ultimately lead to unstoppable bloodshed and a failed country".
Awolowo, speaking on behalf of the Yorubas and Western minorities, described Nigeria as a mere geographical expression not qualified to be called a country let alone a nation. Awolowo added that if the amalgamation could not be reversed, then Nigeria should be structured as a strictly federal state so as to enable each tribe enjoy autonomy this freedom from being dominated by any one single tribe.
But Nnamdi Azikiwe, speaking for the Igbos, denounced Awolowo and Ahmadu Bello, terming them ethnic champions. He accused them of nursing a sectional agenda against the unity of Nigeria, and he declared further that the Unity of Nigeria was non-negotiable.
After moving the motion for independece in 1953, Anthony Enahoro proposed that a secession clause should be incorporated into the future constitution of Nigeria so as to give legal backing for any tribe to peacefully exit the forced union if it feels marginalized in future. According to Enahoro, such provision in our constitution would instill in all Nigeria's future leaders the fear of the consequences of misgovernance. But Azikiwe, speaking on behalf of Igbos, rose against him in the parliament and labelled him an agent of disunity, and enemy of Nigeria. At a later date, Awolowo too made a case for secession clause, but Azikiwe again resisted him and instigated the colonial authorities to threaten him and Enahoro with charges of treasonable felony if they didn't stop proposing secession clause for the future constitution. While Azikiwe did all these, Igbos cheered and urged him on because they felt the future Nigeria was theirs to dominate and lord it over every other tribe
Before independece, Tafawa Balewa too had in a public speech described Nigeria as a British experiment and Nigeria's unity as a British intention which Nigerians themselves don't believe in. But Azikiwe kicked and demonized him too. Had Azikiwe co-operated with Enahoro, Awolowo, Ahmadu Bello and Tafawa Balewa about the secession clause, Nigeria perhaps would not have been this misgoverned.
It should be noted that there were many Igbo members of the parliament in which Azikiwe fought against Awolowo's secession clause proposal in the link above, but not a single one of them rose against Azikiwe or condemned him.
Igbos initially never wanted to hear anything like secession in Nigeria because they so much believed, though falsely, that they were the most educated tribe.
As an evidence of Igbo domination agenda hence their initial resistance to the idea of secession; here is a quote:
"From all indications, the god of us Igbos have destined us to rule the whole of Africa"

Hmmm, history class.

2 Likes

Re: Reno Omokri: There Are Other Ethnic Nations More Tribalistic Than Fulani by sageb: 7:51am On Oct 12, 2021
so true
Re: Reno Omokri: There Are Other Ethnic Nations More Tribalistic Than Fulani by TemmyT002(m): 7:52am On Oct 12, 2021
WesternOligarch:

Igbos grin grin grin una no dey disappoint.

Why didn't you say this when he was supporting kanu?

Wonderful question
Re: Reno Omokri: There Are Other Ethnic Nations More Tribalistic Than Fulani by berbs: 7:56am On Oct 12, 2021
I'm other news, Reno is rooting for South westerners for 2023. Opari.
Re: Reno Omokri: There Are Other Ethnic Nations More Tribalistic Than Fulani by Nobody: 8:09am On Oct 12, 2021
DenreleDave:

Bro shut up..

Igbo son is Omo igbó... So how is it derogatory?

Ordinarily saying Omo igbó without adding anytin to it is not derogatory at all

Oga don't be stupid. Give me cases where the word is used without any insults on it.
Re: Reno Omokri: There Are Other Ethnic Nations More Tribalistic Than Fulani by Nobody: 8:10am On Oct 12, 2021
obynzo:

Oga I was born and brought up in Lagos. We know the subtle tribalism that Yorubas exhibit I experienced it first hand in my Masters in Unilag so bros it is my experience you don't have to agree with it. I saw it first hand from the lecturer complaining that there are more igbos in the class to deliberately giving soft landing to yoruba students. There was also a Yoruba guy employed by Anambra state civil service after NYSC he is presently a director. So many other Yorubas also graduated from my school FUTO during my BSc with good grades, but it doesn't rule out the fact that ethnic groups in Nigeria exhibit tribalism in one form or the other so accusing other groups and saying Yoruba are least tribalistic is a blatant lie at best.

Of course a deeply ethnic tribalist will see others as so and read meaning to their every action.

Go back and look at the members of academic staff in that your FUTO and tell us how many other ethnic groups are represented there compared with Universities in the West.

Even though Reno didn't mention any tribe but even you knew who he meant.

Everyone knows that you guys are clannish.

The history of Nigeria from Independence bears witness to this.

It's something you can't deny.

See what Senator Stella Oduah did when she was made the minister of aviation. She fired others and snuck in her clansmen to most of the positions in the ministry.

It was a huge uproar then.

Reno is right. Give Igbo man power and watch how clannish he can be.

The same way Azikiwe put his kinsman as the VC of the University of Ibadan. And so on.

Don't even get me started otherwise we won't leave here.

Imagine, the Catholic archdiocese of Washington DC had a Nigerian priest to cater to Nigerian Catholics and before long, the Igbos who made up majority of them were clamouring that the priest be saying the Mass strictly in Igbo since they were the majority.

Go to Catholic churches in the east and you won't hear them sing the hymns in any other language except in Igbo but in Yorubaland all parishes sing hymns in every language on earth as long as they are taught.

It's a shame really and I don't see it changing simply because you have refused to acknowledge the problem.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Reno Omokri: There Are Other Ethnic Nations More Tribalistic Than Fulani by PerfectlyPerfect(m): 8:12am On Oct 12, 2021
puremaker7:
you idiot, I said you can't get it easily...
they will raise the price, same land an indigene can get for certain price won't go to you at that certain price..
You dumbass, land is sold at a cheaper rate to indigenes everywhere. If you're from my village you can buy a parcel of land at 5M but someone from the next village will buy that same land at 7M. It's not about tribe. A Yoruba man will buy the land at 7M, not because he's Yoruba but because he's not from that village. You'll get privileges because you're from that place. I'm sure it's the same wherever you're from. An indigene of Ibeju Lekki can buy a parcel of land at 10M but someone from the next community will buy it at 20M.
Quit being silly by half.
I don't know why you dumbasses keep saying you're accommodating. Did you give them house and lands for free? Are they not paying tax and even to the ọmọ ilẹs?
You can only beat yourself for accommodating people when you do that for free without charging.
Nobody is doing us any favour for settling in any part of the country. You should even show your appreciation for contributing to the revenue of the state.
How can I pay you my money for a property you put out for sale then you turn around to say you've done me a favour?

Ndị Ara!
Re: Reno Omokri: There Are Other Ethnic Nations More Tribalistic Than Fulani by DenreleDave(m): 8:15am On Oct 12, 2021
obynzo:

Oga don't be stupid. Give me cases where the word is used without any insults on it.

Don't be f@@ lish bro... It is used without insult...

Even for market, we dey call Omo igbó and dem dey respond... Even some igbós like calling dem selves Omo igbós bcox they are proud of it..

1 Like

Re: Reno Omokri: There Are Other Ethnic Nations More Tribalistic Than Fulani by oyatz(m): 8:22am On Oct 12, 2021
loveth360:
Yorubas the least tribalist yet afonjas are rejoicing,what if una be us that are not tribalist at all.

Most Nigerians are tribalistic to varying degrees because

1) Nigeria hasn't existed together as a nation for long.

2) Nigeria is a poor country with little avaialable funds and economic opportunities such that an average citizen will need to 'know' someone in charge of dispensing the national cake before he/she can have a good share of the cake.

3) People who spend their first 18 years in cosmopolitan areas like Lagos, Abuja, Kano are less likely to attach great importance to tribal sentiments.

1 Like

Re: Reno Omokri: There Are Other Ethnic Nations More Tribalistic Than Fulani by Evercurious(f): 8:22am On Oct 12, 2021
obynzo:

Oga you are a very poor liar at that. So just take a chill pill and don't type so you don't expose your shallowness.

Which shallowness? If no fit ,others fit. Okay? I m not male but a female fyi
Re: Reno Omokri: There Are Other Ethnic Nations More Tribalistic Than Fulani by Nobody: 8:24am On Oct 12, 2021
You want us to start again abi

Coronabirus:
Chief of Army Staff was from SE correct
Chief of Naval Staff was from SE So Admiral Wey a Yoruba man is now igbo
IG of Police was from SE So Louis Edet is Now an igbo man
Chief of Defence Staff was from SE that post was none existent in the 60s
Internal Affairs Minister SE So Majekodumi is now south east
External Affairs Minister SE So Mathew Mbu is now south east
Education Minister South SE correct
Many other key ministries to SE can you give me the names of the key ministries
Parliament President SE Nwafor Orizu was elected by caucus of both NCNC and NPC
Unilag VC from SE Eni Njoku was appointed by the outgoing British Federal commisioner
The University of Ibadan VC from SE Kenneth Dike was appointed by the British
North resisted same at ABU! How did the north resist the first VC of ABU was Norman Foster a white man
There was crisis in the Western Region caused by Ladoke Akintola and Sardauna that was what led to the coup
But the decree was never used. Gowon put a decree that gave rise to the quasi federal system we have today and not Ironsi. If you must know Gowon repealed Ironsi's decree after he was killed.

After moving the motion for independece in 1953, Anthony Enahoro proposed that a secession clause should be incorporated into the future constitution of Nigeria so as to give legal backing for any tribe to peacefully exit the forced union if it feels marginalized in future. According to Enahoro, such provision in our constitution would instill in all Nigeria's future leaders the fear of the consequences of misgovernance. But Azikiwe, speaking on behalf of Igbos, rose against him in the parliament and labelled him an agent of disunity, and enemy of Nigeria. At a later date, Awolowo too made a case for secession clause, but Azikiwe again resisted him and instigated the colonial authorities to threaten him and Enahoro with charges of treasonable felony if they didn't stop proposing secession clause for the future constitution

Try and be smart in spreading lies, so you mean to tell me in Lancaster conference of 56 that only Azikiwe would over rule both Awolowo and Sardauna? Oga fear God with these lies naaaa. You didn't tell people that the terms the British gave for independence talks at Lancaster was that the borders of colonial Nigeria must remain and that no secession was allowed. It was the British that over ruled Awo and Sardauna and not Azikiwe. Stop twisting history abeg

. While Azikiwe did all these, Igbos cheered and urged him on because they felt the future Nigeria was theirs to dominate and lord it over every other tribe

Show us the transcripts of that meeting. If the meeting was chaired in igbo I wonder how Awolowo and co could understand igbo to say that these statement were attributed to Zik.

Re: Reno Omokri: There Are Other Ethnic Nations More Tribalistic Than Fulani by Evercurious(f): 8:25am On Oct 12, 2021
emapeteum:

This is how a failure reason.They leave the issue and attack the messenger

You re the failure in your reasoning. So every wealth acquired is now I'll gotten? Pls get lost... See MUMU messager with evil and misleading messager
Re: Reno Omokri: There Are Other Ethnic Nations More Tribalistic Than Fulani by Evercurious(f): 8:26am On Oct 12, 2021
emapeteum:

Sorry,am not poor.I have a trace of Igbo blood,but I don't agree with your aggressive , deceitful way of life.always thinking that you're the smartest when you are not.

That you ve traces of igbo blood never stopped you from being envious obviously...
Re: Reno Omokri: There Are Other Ethnic Nations More Tribalistic Than Fulani by Nobody: 8:27am On Oct 12, 2021
DenreleDave:

Don't be f@@ lish bro... It is used without insult...

Even for market, we dey call Omo igbó and dem dey respond... Even some igbós like calling dem selves Omo igbós bcox they are proud of it..

Dude don't be naive or play gas lighting you know what I am talking about. So let's no play dumb, in the market there is already and understanding between you guys and it's no big deal, you know the aspects I am talking about but as usual you want to gas light.
Re: Reno Omokri: There Are Other Ethnic Nations More Tribalistic Than Fulani by Evercurious(f): 8:28am On Oct 12, 2021
Odkosh:
And you want to get out of school, yet you don't know difference between full and fool Hahahahahaha

It's obvious you dont lack sense if you never knew the reason for such being spelt differently... Naa that school be the only school around? Dopemu
Re: Reno Omokri: There Are Other Ethnic Nations More Tribalistic Than Fulani by oyatz(m): 8:30am On Oct 12, 2021
TripleOh7:

Of course a deeply ethnic tribalist will see others as so and read meaning to their every action.

Go back and look at the members of academic staff in that your FUTO and tell us how many other ethnic groups are represented there compared with Universities in the West.

See what Senator Stella Oduah did when she was made the minister of aviation. She fired others and snuck in her clansmen to most of the positions in the ministry.

The same way Azikiwe put his kinsman as the VC of the University of Ibadan. And so on.

Imagine, the Catholic archdiocese of Washington DC had a Nigerian priest to cater to Nigerian Catholics and before long, the Igbos who made up majority of them were clamouring that the priest be saying the Mass strictly in Igbo since they were the majority.

Go to Catholic churches in the east and you won't hear them sing the hymns in any other language except in Igbo but in Yorubaland all parishes sing hymns in every language on earth as long as they are taught.

It's a shame really and I don't see it changing simply because you have refuse to acknowledge the problem.

This may be true but misleading.

Churches are not stupid, they know what they are doing.

In the S/west, most churches have some members who are non-Yorubas, so it is necessary to sing church songs in their languages to make them feel at home and have sense of belonging.

In the S/East where most communuties are almost homogenous, they only sing in Igbo languages.

When i was serving in the North, one of my happiest moments were when i attended NCCF fellowship praise and worship services with the ways they sing in many different languages including my mother tongue.
Re: Reno Omokri: There Are Other Ethnic Nations More Tribalistic Than Fulani by jaxxy(m): 8:32am On Oct 12, 2021
Onepeople:
oga i completely agree with your views, but we have to be a bit sincere to ourselves, the war did not end today, over 50years the war ended, igboman is still suffering the aftermath of the war,let be a little bit rational ,going by the current happening in the country, can you honestly said that igboman have been treated fairly? Is only true reconciliation that can heal the country.

In Rwanda, the Hutu and tutsi tribe fought a tribal war about 30years ago ,a genuine leader came in and was able to manage and position the country to greatness. The eastern region suffered so much damage both human, economically and otherwise during and after the war,after that you subjected him to all manner of marginalisation,he survived it ,you want him to continue in this manner without end in sight?

Don't forget something led us to that war ,has any of those issues been addressed, i am not entirely blaming the current administration but i believe for we to continue to exist as an entity,their should be some sort of restructuring, which an average fulani man have said no to.these are the things that encourage hatred, when APC came into power, as an igboman i supported Buhari, believing in his change mantra, what did i get ,one hateful speech to another.

They took over the leadership of the country and share the major positions between the north and the west, like the rest of the country don't matter, these things widen our unity.

Hmmm. Yes there may have been some marginalization b4 bt after 1999 I think that hasn’t been the case, the political playing ground was opened up to fair play and ability to pull ur weight and negotiate ur place.

After the war many Igbos have achieved a lot not just in business bt in government service and even in the Nigerian armed forces. They have gotten to the highest levels of their careers. The only difference is they worked harder for it unlike the North that gets it easily cos they are backward education wise.

Development wise I think Igbos were left out bt many other regions were left out also so it’s hard to know if this is a major issue. Ur governors and legislators always had a responsibility to draw attention to both ur state and federal projects. Probably they did and didn’t get a good response at the federal at the time. We can’t say.
Re: Reno Omokri: There Are Other Ethnic Nations More Tribalistic Than Fulani by Nobody: 8:32am On Oct 12, 2021
TripleOh7:

It's a shame really and I don't see it changing simply because you have refuse to acknowledge the problem.

This is where God will punish you. You now want to start with lies. There is always one service in igbo several masses are in English. When I was in FUTO. We had several Yorubas as lecturers. Even in my department. In Chemical Engineering we had Dr Effiong and so many non igbos. Lagos is more cosmopolitan than anywhere in Igbo land. How many Yorubas live in the east let me ask you apart from those in federal jobs.

Zik had a ceremonial post so how can he fix anybody? Kenneth Dike was appointed VC of UI by the British and expatriate lecturers.
In Washington if they are clamoring that is no issue after all in UK celestial Church of christ have service in Yoruba was it now an issue

1 Like

Re: Reno Omokri: There Are Other Ethnic Nations More Tribalistic Than Fulani by NgwalandAbia(m): 8:33am On Oct 12, 2021
puremaker7:
oponu agba

Otu mamagi
Re: Reno Omokri: There Are Other Ethnic Nations More Tribalistic Than Fulani by Nobody: 8:33am On Oct 12, 2021
UnabashedIPOB:

First off, what in my piece according to your response is a big lie? Please, do NOT tell me anything about Awolowo giving Igbos more money than the 20 Nigerian pounds...not pound sterling because that's a bold face lie and very insulting to the intelligence of every Igbo family that went through that ordeal. We are all aware what roles people from different ethnic groups played during and after the war against Igbos, Okay! Who coined the phrase "The weapon of war is starvation" and it became a government policy that was used to starve and kill millions of Biafran children? So, please spare me the agony and let's deal with facts here and not make beliefs and innuendos. That aside, one of the reasons why Igbos have a greater population outside of Igbo land according to you is because, "Their land is badly ravaged with terrible gully erosions which seem to be eating away at the region." That reasoning is far from the truth. Before the war and the erosion problems now ravaging some parts of Igbo land, a large number of Igbos were living in different parts of the country outside the Eastern region (southeast and south-south). However, a greater number still resided in the Eastern part of the country not until after the war and the introduction of the scorched earth economic policies of the Federal Government of LIEGERIA. It's in the nature of Igbo people to travel and it has absolutely nothing to do with their land mass. Let me remind you that the State of New York which has a land mass of 47,224 sq. miles, has a population of 19,378,102 while Montana, with a land mass of 145,556 sq. miles has a population of 989,415. So, land mass has absolutely nothing to do with Igbos migrating to other parts of the country, rather it has everything to do with the economic policies of successive governments of the country instituted to destroy the economy of the southeast. Have you ever asked yourself, "Why were all the seaports in the Eastern zone (Port Harcourt, Onne, Warri and Calabar) closed?" If you would take time to answer that question, then all your reasons why Igbos migrate to other places would simply fall like a deck of cards.

I'll address the phrases you highlighted.

20 Nigerian pounds not pound sterling because that's a bold face lie and very insulting to the intelligence of every Igbo family that went through that ordeal.

20 Nigerian pounds. Good. In the history of wars, have you ever seen one side compensating the enemy after the war? Even if it was 1 pound, that was generous.

The weapon of war is starvation

That was and is a statement of fact. At the time of that war, starvation was a strategic way of forcing a quick submission and end to the war.
Go and check the pictures from the war. Ojukwu and family looked very robust and healthy while his people starved. He could have stopped the war but he wanted his people to starve to death so that he could gain the sympathy of the outside world.

That aside, one of the reasons why Igbos have a greater population outside of Igbo land according to you is because, "Their land is badly ravaged with terrible gully erosions which seem to be eating away at the region." That reasoning is far from the truth.

Read to comprehend. I mentioned more than one reason for the dispersal of Igbo people from the east. Not just erosion. You are comparing the state of New York to Alaigbo. Lol. You are hilarious. Even IF you had the capacity to erect a skyscraper in Igboland, who would be foolish to do so on a land that is gradually being washed away by serious gully erosions?

So, land mass has absolutely nothing to do with Igbos migrating to other parts of the country, rather it has everything to do with the economic policies of successive governments of the country instituted to destroy the economy of the southeast. Have you ever asked yourself, Why were all the seaports in the Eastern zone (Port Harcourt, Onne, Warri and Calabar) closed?

Igbos have always been in alliance with the government at the center. ALWAYS. The only time you guys started playing the opposition was in 2015 when Jonathan lost and it has been bitter wailing since then. You'll need to ask yourselves why you haven't done anything for yourselves if you've always been at the center of power for most of Nigeria's democracy as well as some of its military rule.

Don't blame the Yorubas or ethnicities for that please.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Reno Omokri: There Are Other Ethnic Nations More Tribalistic Than Fulani by Nobody: 8:37am On Oct 12, 2021
TripleOh7:

I'll address the phrases you highlighted.

20 Nigerian pounds. Good. In the history of wars, have you ever seen one side compensating the enemy after the war? Even if it was 1 pound, that was generous.

Germans were compensated after WW2 the marshal plan rebuilt Germany

That was and is a statement of fact. At the time of that war, starvation was a strategic way of forcing a quick submission and end to the war.
Go and check the pictures from the war. Ojukwu and family looked very robust and healthy while his people starved. He could have stopped the war but he wanted his people to starve to death so that he could gain the sympathy of the outside world.

When Germans were starving was Hitler starving? That your statement is just rubbish. Starvation as a weapon is a war crime, if roles were reversed would you say this same thing now

Read to comprehend. I mentioned more than one reason for the dispersal of Igbo people from the east. Not just erosion. You are comparing the state of New York to Alaigbo. Lol. You are hilarious. Even IF you had the capacity to erect a skyscraper in Igboland, who would be foolish to do so on a land that is gradually being washed away by serious gully erosions?

Igbos have always been in alliance with the government at the center. ALWAYS. The only time you guys started playing the opposition was in 2015 when Jonathan lost and it has been bitter wailing since then. You'll need to ask yourselves why you haven't done anything for yourselves if you've always been at the center of power for most of Nigeria's democracy as well as some of its military rule.

Igbos were never in alliance with the centre. All throughout military rule who were in alliance? Yorubas

Don't blame the Yorubas or ethnicities for that please.

Re: Reno Omokri: There Are Other Ethnic Nations More Tribalistic Than Fulani by georgeakins: 8:41am On Oct 12, 2021
Ayilara1:
He just doesn't want to mention the igbo's, they're tribalism gidigan.

They have problem with the entire North and part problem with the Yoruba's, especially the Muslim Yoruba's. Very trubalistic set of people.

Give them Biafra today and they will wipe of mosque and every Hausa and Yoruba in their region.

There's no Yoruba in their region, please.

99% of the inhabitants of that region are Ibos.

No Yoruba man speaks Ibo language because they don't live there.
Re: Reno Omokri: There Are Other Ethnic Nations More Tribalistic Than Fulani by Oduduwa707: 8:41am On Oct 12, 2021
loveth360:
With this statement from reno Omokri,We yorubas now believe reno Omokri is greater than Abiola,Tinubu and Awolowo combinegrin grin

What a mumu button well pressed.

Okoro Savage wey ur family gift to highest bidder still dey get mouth... Awon Omo Irankiran. angry

1 Like

Re: Reno Omokri: There Are Other Ethnic Nations More Tribalistic Than Fulani by BJanta: 8:48am On Oct 12, 2021
BSsniffer:
Many Nigerians think Fulani are clannish. Some are. But there are other ethnic nations that are MORE tribalistic. It is not apparent because they are not in power. Give them power and it will become obvious. The least tribalistic nationality in Nigeria are Yoruba.

#TableShaker

https://mobile.twitter.com/renoomokri/status/1447538520801882114

It's the Igbos, even they are so among themselves with their ' he no come from local government mentality' The entire Nigeria knows.But we should thank GOD that the Igbos are so insignificant as a region, as a people and as individuals that they , either peacefully or violently , can not influence anything to their own favour in this country.This is a deserved calamity to them

1 Like

Re: Reno Omokri: There Are Other Ethnic Nations More Tribalistic Than Fulani by emapeteum(m): 8:49am On Oct 12, 2021
Evercurious:

That you ve traces of igbo blood never stopped you from being envious obviously...
Am not envious of ill gotten wealth and unnecessary arrogance.Am well read and well informed with God's blessings.Am only envious of the Jews because of their contributions to global science and engineering.A tribe of less than 15 million people but with Nobel laureates than China.These are the people am envious of ,not a primitive tribe with stupid arrogance.

8 Likes

Re: Reno Omokri: There Are Other Ethnic Nations More Tribalistic Than Fulani by Evercurious(f): 8:50am On Oct 12, 2021
Odkosh:
And you want to get out of school, yet you don't know difference between full and fool Hahahahahaha

It's obvious you dont lack sense if you never knew the reason for such being spelt differently... Naa that school be the only school around? Dopemu
Re: Reno Omokri: There Are Other Ethnic Nations More Tribalistic Than Fulani by Evercurious(f): 8:55am On Oct 12, 2021
emapeteum:

Am not envious of ill gotten wealth and unnecessary arrogance.Am well read and well informed with God's blessings.Am only envious of the Jews because of their contributions to global science and engineering.A tribe of less than 15 million people but with Nobel laureates than China.These are the people am envious of ,not a primitive tribe with stupid arrogance.

Oga when you re done crying come collect broken bottle wipe your tears..I'll gotten wealth indeed. Go ask the spirit of God to search you.. envy dey worry you...
Re: Reno Omokri: There Are Other Ethnic Nations More Tribalistic Than Fulani by Nobody: 8:57am On Oct 12, 2021
[quote author=obynzo post=106665658][/quote]

Lol. Germany was paid compensation for a war they started and killed millions of Jews? Hahahahaha. You are a comedian indeed.

Check below please.

When Germans were starving was Hitler starving? That your statement is just rubbish. Starvation as a weapon is a war crime, if roles were reversed would you say this same thing now

Read my post again. I said at the time when that statement was made, starvation was a war policy. You want to tell me that if Ojukwu had had that same advantage he wouldn't have taken it? Abegi. Same Biafran soldiers that were beheading the soldiers of the federal forces that they captured. That was the real war crime during that period. Go find out. On the other hand, captured Biafran soldiers were reintegrated into the Nigerian army.

Igbos were never in alliance with the centre. All throughout military rule who were in alliance? Yorubas

Lol. This shows you know NOTHING about the history of Nigeria. Please educate yourself. Look at the parties at the center and who the Igbos supported at the time. This here is not a history class and I'm not your history teacher. I'm sure you're smart enough to do your own personal research

Oh and btw, a statement you made on your earlier post that you know the roles played by other ethnicities to make the life of the Igbo man terrible during the war. I say that's absolute bunkum. You only know what the then propaganda machine, Radio Biafra wanted you to know, most of which were lies.

It was so bad that the Igbos thought the federal forces were going to kill all of them, but when Obasanjo got to the east driving the Biafran soldiers away, the easterners who were expecting to be shot were shocked when the Nigerian army started binding their wounds and feeding them.

If truly Nigeria wanted to wipe out the Igbos, why didn't the soldiers do so when they got to the east?

Food for thought.

1 Share

Re: Reno Omokri: There Are Other Ethnic Nations More Tribalistic Than Fulani by Nobody: 9:01am On Oct 12, 2021
obynzo:

This is where God will punish you. You now want to start with lies. There is always one service in igbo several masses are in English. When I was in FUTO. We had several Yorubas as lecturers. Even in my department. In Chemical Engineering we had Dr Effiong and so many non igbos. Lagos is more cosmopolitan than anywhere in Igbo land. How many Yorubas live in the east let me ask you apart from those in federal jobs.

Zik had a ceremonial post so how can he fix anybody? Kenneth Dike was appointed VC of UI by the British and expatriate lecturers.
In Washington if they are clamoring that is no issue after all in UK celestial Church of christ have service in Yoruba was it now an issue

You don't know the half of it. I assure you. Azikiwe was a very corrupt human being. Go and do your proper research.

I'm talking about songs in indigenous languages during Mass this one is talking about English. Lol.

I'm sure the truth is choking you right now. You never thought the person you were talking to is Catholic.

We know you better than than you know yourselves.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply)

Dino Melaye On The Reconciliation Move With Aggrieved Governorship Aspirants / Osinbajo Formally Takes Over Villa Chapel / Lagos To Jail Street Hawkers From July 1- Ambode

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 171
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.