Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,597 members, 7,809,167 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:31 AM

I Graduated With 2:1 But This Is Making Two Years Now No Work - Jobs/Vacancies (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / I Graduated With 2:1 But This Is Making Two Years Now No Work (36770 Views)

I Graduated Bottom Of My Class But Got A ₦120m-Per-Annum Job (Photos) / Graduated 2016. It's 7 years already / How To Write The Perfect CV For Someone With No Work Experience (Part 2) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Graduated With 2:1 But This Is Making Two Years Now No Work by KingEbukasBlog(m): 12:24pm On Oct 13, 2021
McSaviour:
I don’t know why I born in to this evil country!

Learn high income skills like copywriting , running facebook/instragram ads etc And you'll never go broke
Ive never used my degree and I studied Comp Sci in a prestigious Nigerian University

Send me a message to get started

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Graduated With 2:1 But This Is Making Two Years Now No Work by Educram: 12:25pm On Oct 13, 2021
McSaviour:
I hear NPA recruitment is out, kindly check the internet for details. If you have an interest in content writing, you can message me and I link you with my boss.
I understand the feeling of a man staying without a job, it can lead to depression. I once pass through this phase and I won't pray such for anyone.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Graduated With 2:1 But This Is Making Two Years Now No Work by SarkinYarki: 12:25pm On Oct 13, 2021
McSaviour:
Did your great grandfather father create any jobs ? Did did your grand father create any jobs? Did your father create any job? You are now towing their path mad later your son will say the same thing .....Young Man you have 2:1 which means your IQ is above 80 ...go out there and make magic and stop waiting for imaginary jobs ..it's people that creates jobs , jobs don't fall from heaven

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Graduated With 2:1 But This Is Making Two Years Now No Work by swot200: 12:25pm On Oct 13, 2021
KingEbukasBlog:

Learn high income skills like copywriting , running facebook/instragram ads etc And you'll never go broke
Ive never used my degree and I studied Comp Sci in a prestigious Nigerian University

Please sir would you be willing to work me through

2 Likes

Re: I Graduated With 2:1 But This Is Making Two Years Now No Work by ChiefJusticeFuc: 12:26pm On Oct 13, 2021
HighQue007:

You sounded like a learned and an illiterate at the same time.

?

How can I be an illiterate when I am reading and posting here?

Do you even know what the word ''illiterate'' means? It means one who can neither read nor write and is not be confused for retardism. There are many illiterates from the past who geniuses .

Stuff your worthless degree up your ass and go find a real skill that does not involve you sitting in an office doing nothing useful .

3 Likes

Re: I Graduated With 2:1 But This Is Making Two Years Now No Work by onlysose(m): 12:27pm On Oct 13, 2021
your 2,1 is useless, since it did not make you innovative enough to create a job for yourself

1 Like

Re: I Graduated With 2:1 But This Is Making Two Years Now No Work by Educram: 12:27pm On Oct 13, 2021
KingEbukasBlog:

Good point. This is the same information I will keep telling my younger ones. Nigeria's workforce is more than I am a graduate with a first-class certificate.

1 Like

Re: I Graduated With 2:1 But This Is Making Two Years Now No Work by Kidzzy(m): 12:27pm On Oct 13, 2021
you are funny
just two years
i laugh in pigin
Re: I Graduated With 2:1 But This Is Making Two Years Now No Work by LockDown69(m): 12:27pm On Oct 13, 2021
Getting a 1st class or 2.1 should never be a yardstick that you will secure a job or excel in life. People have gotten jobs with a pass degree in an instant and alot with little or no qualification have made it in life. My candid advice, learn a skill or two and don't always bank on your Educational qualifications, Do not put your eggs in one basket.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Graduated With 2:1 But This Is Making Two Years Now No Work by bonnyhope: 12:28pm On Oct 13, 2021
Just 2 yrs
You are complaining

You never see anything

1 Like

Re: I Graduated With 2:1 But This Is Making Two Years Now No Work by Selfmotivated: 12:29pm On Oct 13, 2021
McSaviour:
No work any where except stressful teaching job with poor pay. Just go and learn a skill or find something but just keep searching for job
Re: I Graduated With 2:1 But This Is Making Two Years Now No Work by dobosky(m): 12:29pm On Oct 13, 2021
McSaviour:
I have 2.1 in Ghana , did masters in U.S, doing PhD ( though I don abandon am for now ). But what's putting food on my table is the Skills I learn. Digital marketing, graphic design,Web- development and social media marketing as well as cyber security etc. There is no week I don't get job.

What am trying to say is, keep your 2.1 for now and face reality. Skills matter now. All the best.

16 Likes 5 Shares

Re: I Graduated With 2:1 But This Is Making Two Years Now No Work by bonnyhope: 12:30pm On Oct 13, 2021
KingEbukasBlog:

There is nothing prestigious about any Nigerian Universities

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Graduated With 2:1 But This Is Making Two Years Now No Work by azidomedogo: 12:33pm On Oct 13, 2021
even we way dey work sef dey endure, employers no wan increase salary again knowing fully well d economic situation. This life no balance ! cry

2 Likes

Re: I Graduated With 2:1 But This Is Making Two Years Now No Work by Werehkpe: 12:33pm On Oct 13, 2021
Only 2 years and you are complaining?

This one na learner ooooooooooooo

People wen graduate with 1st class from top top universities, some still de find work for close to 1 decade.

Better be calming down and be prayerful

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Graduated With 2:1 But This Is Making Two Years Now No Work by BlissGod: 12:33pm On Oct 13, 2021
McSaviour:

It still baffles me that a full grown adult will graduate from school and still have the guts to call him or herself jobless. It's a disgrace.

Nigeria puts most people on disadvantage but you were sent to school to clearly use your brain and not function in the system. Truth is most of you can't even write a CV nor a letterhead.

You are a human for God sake, leave the comfort of your house and go and learn an apprentice work and start something from there. Imagine two years of wasted time. What kind of laziness is that.

Mr man or woman be useful to yourself and everyone around. Am not going to preach you'll soon find a job to make you feel better that's non.sense.

Get up your damn axx and get something doing. Learn some digital work and find job in Upwork or Fiverr. Please be useful to yourself and stop this pathetic pitiful mentality thats creepy.

Life doesn't feed us rose it gives us thorns and thisles and we discover the rose in it.

Don't even think of doing yahoo or yahoo plus it's an avenue for lazy folks.

In between you didn't even tell us what you studied in school and what you're doing presently to prove to you your mind is lazy.

7 Likes

Re: I Graduated With 2:1 But This Is Making Two Years Now No Work by Ten06(m): 12:34pm On Oct 13, 2021
Which course did you read? Some of us may need your service
Re: I Graduated With 2:1 But This Is Making Two Years Now No Work by gabicon: 12:35pm On Oct 13, 2021
McSaviour:

The dynamics of the game you are playing have changed but you are still using tactics of the former dynamics. Because you got a 2:1 doesn't make you entitled to a job even in America. The question every employer of labor wants to know is "what can you do for my coy?" can you make my processes run better? can you guarantee better sales? can you cut costs? What can you do and how do you intend to do it?

It takes the average graduate 2 years to figure out how the labor market works, you may need to go get skills relevant to your chosen career path, you may need to do professional exams, you may need to intern, you may need to work for free for a period. The labor market is highly competitive and saturated so a stand-out will be good in securing a Job. The worst part of it all is that the future is going to be experienced more drastic changes in employment, with the introduction of robotics, artificial intelligence, and the internet of things.

So go to google and search for the soft and hard skills of the future, choose one each. Get the necessary material to learn these skills and be a master in them. Join associations and forums that trade in these skills so that you are aware of new opportunities and finally pray for God's help.

Saying Amen is not a plan, you ought to have faith but the factor that makes your faith work is the corresponding action which is being skilled.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Graduated With 2:1 But This Is Making Two Years Now No Work by christistruth01: 12:35pm On Oct 13, 2021
McSaviour:

Go and Start a Farm or raise some Urban Friendly easy to raise mini Livestock if you are in a town Eg Quails, Grasscutter, Muscovy duck,Rabbits
Re: I Graduated With 2:1 But This Is Making Two Years Now No Work by McSaviour(m): 12:36pm On Oct 13, 2021
Aremu01:

Your own better na jus two years
This is my 8th year... Nothing

Thank God for copywriting
Copywriting how ,guys put me on !

1 Like

Re: I Graduated With 2:1 But This Is Making Two Years Now No Work by unisnaira: 12:36pm On Oct 13, 2021
Recency, Frequency and Monetary value (RFM) model in choosing business to venture into is actually key. kindly highlight fast growing business with quick value to customers [quote author=smilinfaze post=106699062]If you don't have 2.1 wot will you do? focus on one thing that has these 3 qualities (value, frequency, and volume)
Re: I Graduated With 2:1 But This Is Making Two Years Now No Work by businessgirl(f): 12:37pm On Oct 13, 2021
frankie2K:
Use your degree to apply for masters in Europe, mainly Estonia and Finland. With strong motivation letter and good English score in ielts, you will get a scholarship in Finland
Hi. Can you put me through on this?
Re: I Graduated With 2:1 But This Is Making Two Years Now No Work by Maski87: 12:37pm On Oct 13, 2021
People wey get first class never get job,nay you go get job
Re: I Graduated With 2:1 But This Is Making Two Years Now No Work by kennyansome: 12:38pm On Oct 13, 2021
Ur contact pls
KingEbukasBlog:

Re: I Graduated With 2:1 But This Is Making Two Years Now No Work by dododawa1: 12:39pm On Oct 13, 2021
2:1 2:2 2:3 2:4 school people and certificate,mostly YORUBAS and IGBOS,Yet to see HAUSA/FULANI bragging about grade but with their cow,their in millions, nonsense.
Re: I Graduated With 2:1 But This Is Making Two Years Now No Work by poiZon: 12:39pm On Oct 13, 2021
samuelson06:

Yeneka, nso ke akekod ke ufök nwed? Akpa ma inam utom nwed nkpö?
Mkpa mah inam...
Ado se ukod?
Re: I Graduated With 2:1 But This Is Making Two Years Now No Work by xandy84: 12:39pm On Oct 13, 2021
You write as if you hate western education. Universities was never design to be a stopgap as you said. It was design to supply skilful people to various occupation. Can you hire a non graduate to design and construct a bridge? Absolutely No except you want the bridge to collapse.
Our problem as a country is lack of planning and population explosion. Think about it, the population of UK was less than 60 million in 1960 and it's 67 million in 2020. Population of Nigeria in 1960 was 45 millions and had increase to 206 million in 2020. We quadrupled our population in less than 80 years without planning for increase in population.
Our solution to our unemployment is government planning and stagnated population

ChiefJusticeFuc:
You should direct your angst at the useless paper degree awarding university that you wasted 4ys of your life attending.

University degrees are a scam and only meant to act as a labor supply stopgap.

98% of degrees being peddled are worthless and utterly useless as they do not in any way transfer any skill set or knowledge to you.

Universities only exist to act as a stopgap for labor supply. You spend 5ys chasing a degree and then the compulsory NYSC.

If this scam system did not exist, do you know how many people will flood the labor market each year?

Go and learn a real trade skill and stop complaining that nobody wants to hire your zero talent self entitled ass.

3 Likes

Re: I Graduated With 2:1 But This Is Making Two Years Now No Work by McSaviour(m): 12:40pm On Oct 13, 2021
samuelson06:

Yeneka, nso ke akekod ke ufök nwed? Akpa ma inam utom nwed nkpö?
Yes!
0️⃣8️⃣1️⃣0️⃣0️⃣6️⃣2️⃣5️⃣2️⃣3️⃣4️⃣
Re: I Graduated With 2:1 But This Is Making Two Years Now No Work by micflo28(m): 12:40pm On Oct 13, 2021
Sir OP, do anything possible to survive this regime, This regime is not focused on job creation at all. Try and survive first pending when a reasonable government steps in. Swallow your pride and find even a roadside vulcanizer or construction site to help out pending when everything gets better. Don't stop developing your skills and interacting with people in a friendly manner. Don't give up.

1 Like

Re: I Graduated With 2:1 But This Is Making Two Years Now No Work by Nobody: 12:41pm On Oct 13, 2021
after several jobs hunting with no success i invest the little i have in bet9ja i told myself since there are no jobs lets try gambling bro its another tragedy grin grin grin.
Re: I Graduated With 2:1 But This Is Making Two Years Now No Work by tctrills: 12:42pm On Oct 13, 2021
You start your post by saying you graduated with a 2:1, this shows you don't understand the job market. A 2:1 means nothing to an employer. Employers have seen enough 2:1 holders with their head up in their ass
First what did you study. A first class in religious education would limit your chances of getting any job.
2. Where do you stay. If you went back to your village after school, you won't have as much opportunities than if you where in a city like lagos.
4. Do you look down on low paying jobs. Any job adds to your knowledge, experience and character. Be ready to take any job even if it's one Unbefitting of a 2.1 graduate like you.
3. What have you been doing since you graduated. You can learn a new language, skill or training.
I studied engineering, at a point after school, I went to learn truck repairs under some mechanics
You can imagine how that blew up my cv, I got employed on my very next interview.
4. Are you current with trends? What industris are growing. What skills would you need to fit into those industries.
5. Do you have a profile on linkedIn?
6. Have you tried online jobs
So stop complaining until you have done all you should.
On a personal note, I looked at your profile to find out your interest on nairaland and I was not surprised to find that all you do was religious related. I also love religion but for now, deal more mith science and technology, education, vacancies, business. Leave religion until you get a job

8 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Access Bank And It's Outrageous Recruitment Requirement / Someone Should Interpret (Pics Attached). / Vacancies at Eko hotels

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.