Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,432 members, 7,954,714 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 07:46 AM

Marginalisation: Women Playing The Victim Cards - Family (19) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Marginalisation: Women Playing The Victim Cards (22842 Views)

Family Sacks Mother Of Eight-year-old Rape Victim For Seeking Justice / Italian lady with a Nigerian mother complains about being a victim of racism / Benue Flood Victim Delivered Of Triplets (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Marginalisation: Women Playing The Victim Cards by Nobody: 7:18am On Oct 15, 2021
FreeIgboho:

See underlined below: Marginalization of women is a worldwide phenomenon ; the only exception is Nigeria where a genius named bukatyne has determined it doesn't exist!

Miss/Mrs Igboho please rest, rest in Jesus name. Amen!

2 Likes

Re: Marginalisation: Women Playing The Victim Cards by angelfallz(m): 8:05am On Oct 15, 2021
Just say you want quota system.

FreeIgboho:

See underlined below: Marginalization of women is a worldwide phenomenon ; the only exception is Nigeria where a genius named bukatyne has determined it doesn't exist!
Re: Marginalisation: Women Playing The Victim Cards by Nobody: 8:38am On Oct 15, 2021
mrblessed:
It doesn't make sense to argue or pretend that women don't suffer marginalisation, if you adhere strictly to the literary and figurative meanings of the word. If you admit that the world has patriarchal foundation and imprints, and turn around to deny that women are not marginalised, know it that you are a drooling hypocrite. The contention is not about what caused marginalisation, or the various forms it manifest itself, but whether it actually exists or not.

The trouble with our Nigerian women is that they don't tend to sincerey fight against these marginalisations, but are easily poised to extract benefits from it and at the same time complain about male domination and control when they are not interesting in ending or reducing it.
Very apt.
Re: Marginalisation: Women Playing The Victim Cards by mariahAngel(f): 10:09am On Oct 15, 2021
bukatyne:

1. Can you point to a post where I said I am doing better than all the women on this thread? Or where I said only my parents invested in me? I rejected the tag of marginalization and victimhood freeigboho wanted to dash me. I am free to speak about my reality as you are free to speak about yours. I am sure if I went from one thread to another complaining how a man did something to me, it would be ok. I am sorry, I honestly do not have any sob story to tell. Maybe I have a natural anti-bullshit repellant? undecided

2. I believe my phrases are clear and to the point. I do not have women who whine constantly about men, society, patriarchy and all sorts around me. They understand that women would win some and lose some which also goes for men. Women are not saints neither are men demons. So the wise thing is to look at a situation on a case by case basis and judge. The women also know that men and women are not same and learn their leverage per time to enjoy themselves. They do not leave the gifts they have and start eyeing the supposed gifts men have.

3. And who told you that men don't suffer setbacks because of their gender? You want to have a gender conversation without understanding that both genders have pros and cons? Please.

4. And you know that men don't suffer setbacks due to their gender because? Please refer to point 3.

5. Nope. Because I have not seen the real issues in this 2021. People have thrown a challenge to list the marginalization women experience and I have not picked a concrete one.
a. Someone said there is no equal representation of women in positions of power: Have you seen anywhere were there is equal representation of gender in this world? There are more men or more women in a sphere of life for a reason: we are different; motivated by different things and want different things. The person did not request 50% of women as truck pushers or garbage collectors or truck drivers or NEPA officials or road construction workers. Or we do not care about 50% representation in these spheres? It is fine for men to dominate? Switzerland scores highest on the equality scale yet they had to introduce quota systems to bring up the women representation in politics to less than 40%. Does that not show the issue is not 'marginalization' but the fact that less women are interested in politics than men? Perhaps those interested in 50% representation should take it up with God.

b. You raised the issue of ancestral inheritance in Igbo land: Women do not inherit ancestral land, men do. Except things have changed, ancestral land is passed on to men for their families (wives & children). If a man is the head of the family and lineages are patrilinear, how would a woman inherit ancestral land if the land is to be maintained in that ancestry? Except a woman ensures that she marries a man from her locality/ancestry, she cannot pass the land to her children because her children would be from her husband's place. Yorubas who pass on lands to their children (male & female) do not have the concept of ancestral land and wives do not inherit in Yorubaland. Besides, are you saying there is nothing women benefit in Igbo culture that men don't?

c. You mentioned a cabal marginalizing you from contesting for president of your department: Like Primadonna said, you did not want it bad enough. If you did, a group of boys sagging their trousers and telling you that they would not add your name to the ballot wouldn't have deterred you. You could have contested for VP and set the president up to take his place, find bigger/higher cabals and aligned with them or reported them to the departmental dean/ the student liaison officer/ the responsible person. You could have also campaigned and if your name did not come out in the ballot, cause a fuse/cry/fight etc. till the election is scattered.

6. I wish I understood the question. I have not said any woman waited for handouts or whatever. undecided

7. I had the same beliefs before I heard of feminism, while I identified with feminism and now I no longer identify with feminism. My posts are here on NL and more than 95% of my posts and threads have had same consistency. I have grown more and realized that feminism and Christianity are not compatible ( I had a thread on that) and Christianity is more important to me. A single verse of the Bible 'I can do ALL things through Christ who strengthens me' is sufficient. Anything I want to be, as long as it is in His will or good, I can achieve it. I have also read what people term 'inequality' between sexes and it is just people highlighting what is perceiving to be the advantage of a gender over the other in a certain situation or the consequences of their actions and choices. People are also pushing for equality in outcome i.e. A & B should do the same thing and have the same results which is impossible; it is against the principle of life. You can only have equality of opportunities which for most part has been achieved.

Women have left the power they have (their femininity aka influence and sympathy) to chase what they think men have. Those who are exposed in life understand that the person wearing the crown is necessarily not in control. There are godfathers and mothers controlling them and enjoying the privileges without the burden of power.

Blessed are those who have you on their debate team.
Be sure to run for presidency in your lifetime.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Marginalisation: Women Playing The Victim Cards by Logic200: 11:23am On Oct 15, 2021
This will help those who have limits for what they can reason.(feminism)

First debate is based on three principle.

*resource (could include history ,science,art,and documents)

*common and technical sense

*consciousness

When you want to understand how to win a debate you have to first of all go into findings,written ideologies are not final,they are written by people who research in the confined of their comfort zone.

To be able to have more perception you can widen the search and see the difference then compare and contrast.

Example: the Scandinavian law on equality and why it is always refered.then compare it to the other dimensions or continent .other than what was researched by prior researchers.

Then create and avenue of consciousness in your thought and practically involve common sense ,if the case may be, then technical understanding can be brought in by using a real world example and cause.

Listen to your debator,he might know something you don't then you judge by placing your ability to comprehend.
Know when to quit .(at the time when you are out of reasons)

This is how to stand up and take away marginalization of debate just as how bukatyne did.

Peace.it's just logic
Re: Marginalisation: Women Playing The Victim Cards by Regex: 11:04pm On Oct 15, 2021
FreeIgboho:

And what law says a woman can not be president of Nigeria?

Also, aren't women contesting for it?

1 Like

Re: Marginalisation: Women Playing The Victim Cards by bukatyne(f): 7:57am On Oct 16, 2021
mariahAngel:

Blessed are those who have you on their debate team.
Be sure to run for presidency in your lifetime.

Awwwww, thanks and on my birthday.

O Lord, art thou speaking to me?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Marginalisation: Women Playing The Victim Cards by mariahAngel(f): 9:21am On Oct 16, 2021
bukatyne:

Awwwww, thanks and on my birthday.

O Lord, art thou speaking to me?

Happy birthday dear.

You're a great woman.
A woman after God's heart, who lives to please God.
You will be celebrated wherever you go in the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (Reply)

My Parents Divorce Left My Life In Shambles / A Brother Needs Your Advice. / What’s Your Mum’s Favorite Statement When Angry?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.