Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,897 members, 7,817,644 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:17 PM

Marginalisation: Women Playing The Victim Cards - Family (17) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Marginalisation: Women Playing The Victim Cards (21878 Views)

Family Sacks Mother Of Eight-year-old Rape Victim For Seeking Justice / Italian lady with a Nigerian mother complains about being a victim of racism / Benue Flood Victim Delivered Of Triplets (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Marginalisation: Women Playing The Victim Cards by advanceDNA: 7:26pm On Oct 14, 2021
FreeIgboho:

You obviously don't know your Bible. See below

i dont dialogue with people that dont understand context in scripture....u dont even know how to interpret or connect scripture as a whole..

so when paul was speaking, it was only married people that attend church..so who should single women ask question since they dont have husband...u dont know the meaning of the instruction paul gave, and i'm ashamed to be dialoguing with your kind....
Do you even understand the letter of paul to corinthians church at all? do u even understand the corinthians..

2 Likes

Re: Marginalisation: Women Playing The Victim Cards by Logic200: 7:34pm On Oct 14, 2021
How many scientist are women.?
Is there also marginalization to that?
Or it just because they don't want to go into it.

1 Like

Re: Marginalisation: Women Playing The Victim Cards by Nobody: 7:34pm On Oct 14, 2021
mariahAngel:

Hehehehehehehehehehehehehehe cheesy
You know what's up!

And trust me, she's been marked and has officially been labeled a pick me (or whatever they call it) for daring to have a different opinion from the one she should.

Oh! And by the way, the male version of that is called a simp. And count yourself fortunate if you're labeled one of those on a toxic hate filled forum like this one. cheesy
It means you don't give and get as much hate as you should to and from the opposite gender.

Asin, why should I agree with everyone just to show solidarity to a cause that I don't believe in, because I am scared of being called a simp or pickme.

Is Nairaland feeding us?, or are we begging for food from anyone on Nairaland that we cannot simply have our own opinion, so that the breadcrumbs we use to get will not suddenly seize.

Even me as a Christian don't support everything that Christians do and that doesn't make me a traitor. I am not a Robot, I have an individual mindset of my own.

2 Likes

Re: Marginalisation: Women Playing The Victim Cards by Nobody: 7:37pm On Oct 14, 2021
Women CHOOSE social sciences because “owie big number make my head hurt”, women overwhelmingly show lower average IQ scores, what they’re good at is cramming, when faced with any challenge in life they can’t cheat their way out of they fail.

Women expect you to believe in inner beauty but they never believe in inner riches. Just because I don’t have the latest phone or flashy car doesn’t mean I’m not rich (on the inside).

1 Like

Re: Marginalisation: Women Playing The Victim Cards by FreeIgboho: 7:43pm On Oct 14, 2021
bukatyne:

Your suspicion is really none of my business:

What major roles are women underrepresented?
Why are the women underrepresented?
Is there a law stopping women achieving the level of representation they think is 'fair'?
Do women have access/rights to choose who represents them today?
Do the same number of men & women contest/compete for these positions?
Do women win these positions in the polls and are denied?
How many women have expressed interest and pushed their interest through in these positions?

See below. Find Nigeria's rank

3 Likes

Re: Marginalisation: Women Playing The Victim Cards by shaybebaby(f): 7:54pm On Oct 14, 2021
FreeIgboho:

Seems like Nigeria didn't make the list, lol. grin

Jokes asides though, not one evidence to the buttress their vituperations has been produced. In the entire thread, nothing. Zilch! Nada!!

2 Likes

Re: Marginalisation: Women Playing The Victim Cards by FreeIgboho: 7:57pm On Oct 14, 2021
advanceDNA:

i dont dialogue with people that dont understand context in scripture....u dont even know how to interpret or connect scripture as a whole..

so when paul was speaking, it was only married people that attend church..so who should single women ask question since they dont have husband...u dont know the meaning of the instruction paul gave, and i'm ashamed to be dialoguing with your kind....
Do you even understand the letter of paul to corinthians church at all? do u even understand the corinthians..

Genius Mr. Context, please explain to us the context of "as the law says" AND "for it is disgraceful for a woman to speak in church"

1 Like

Re: Marginalisation: Women Playing The Victim Cards by FreeIgboho: 8:01pm On Oct 14, 2021
mariahAngel:

You’d have to understand the traditions of the people of that time to understand that verse.

See above and explain traditions of underlined. So u now subject biblical instructions to traditions of people of the time. Why then do u do things like circumcision and covering head?

1 Like

Re: Marginalisation: Women Playing The Victim Cards by crackhaus: 8:04pm On Oct 14, 2021
Are the activists still trying to force the marginalisation agenda on the rest of the world?

2 Likes

Re: Marginalisation: Women Playing The Victim Cards by angelfallz(m): 8:06pm On Oct 14, 2021
You guys are still arguing with that person? It is like the person was paid to argue about 50% representation. grin

bukatyne:

I am not marginalized; your sisters are not marginalized; the women on this thread are not marginalized; Ini Edo that started the rant is not marginalized....

Yet women are marginalized.

So because we do not have 50% representation of governors or presidents, women are marginalized? undecided

Do you even understand that men and women are different and want different things?

Must the quality of a woman's life be measured in relation to a man's?

Can't a woman define what a good life means to her and work for it?
Re: Marginalisation: Women Playing The Victim Cards by angelfallz(m): 8:08pm On Oct 14, 2021
I am beginning to think they were paid to do this.

crackhaus:
Are the activists still trying to force the marginalisation agenda on the rest of the world?
Re: Marginalisation: Women Playing The Victim Cards by bukatyne(f): 8:10pm On Oct 14, 2021
cococandy:

1. Can you point to one woman on this thread who you sincerely believe is doing less for themselves than you are?
Who’s parents or mothers on this thread didn’t invest in them?

2. Are you assuming that because we speak on these issues, we are not taking initiatives on our own and achieving our set goals? Because I’d like to really understand what goes through your mind when you’re making posts like these. “Oh these women are whiners. They expect things handed to them. They have victim mentality. The women around me are high achievers. They are infantilized” (I can’t remember all of your usual phrases)

3. The broader issue is that despite whatever opportunities there are, and how many women succeed by taking those opportunities, the men do not have to suffer set backs specifically because of their gender. And the women do. And it shouldn’t be so.

4. No one is saying women should not take opportunities because they will encounter gender based set backs. No one said women won’t succeed if they try. And no one said men don’t experience set backs. The problem is the setbacks men encounter are not based on their gender.

5. See you often make broad discussions about yourself and how amazing you are. By reverting the conversation to how you take responsibility for your own life and choices all what not. (Not the first time. Not the 10th time ) maybe primadonna is newer to these discussions and my question to her caught her off guard but if she’s been following similar threads like this, she would understand where that question was coming from. You will unfailingly try to equate the broad topic to your own perceptions of individual success and try to dismiss the real issues that affect other women because in your opinion it doesn’t apply to you so it doesn’t matter.

6. So I’d like for you to be direct and tell us which woman on this thread is lazy and waiting for a handout

7. And you’ve called yourself a feminist before. If you didn’t believe there are issues with gender equality, why would you support a movement for gender equality? Was it a buzzword for you then? And now you’ve decided you no longer want to go with the “trend”? Or do you sincerely believe gender issues have all been amicably resolved since the first time you thought you were a feminist and therefore there’s no problem with inequality anymore?

1. Can you point to a post where I said I am doing better than all the women on this thread? Or where I said only my parents invested in me? I rejected the tag of marginalization and victimhood freeigboho wanted to dash me. I am free to speak about my reality as you are free to speak about yours. I am sure if I went from one thread to another complaining how a man did something to me, it would be ok. I am sorry, I honestly do not have any sob story to tell. Maybe I have a natural anti-bullshit repellant? undecided

2. I believe my phrases are clear and to the point. I do not have women who whine constantly about men, society, patriarchy and all sorts around me. They understand that women would win some and lose some which also goes for men. Women are not saints neither are men demons. So the wise thing is to look at a situation on a case by case basis and judge. The women also know that men and women are not same and learn their leverage per time to enjoy themselves. They do not leave the gifts they have and start eyeing the supposed gifts men have.

3. And who told you that men don't suffer setbacks because of their gender? You want to have a gender conversation without understanding that both genders have pros and cons? Please.

4. And you know that men don't suffer setbacks due to their gender because? Please refer to point 3.

5. Nope. Because I have not seen the real issues in this 2021. People have thrown a challenge to list the marginalization women experience and I have not picked a concrete one.
a. Someone said there is no equal representation of women in positions of power: Have you seen anywhere were there is equal representation of gender in this world? There are more men or more women in a sphere of life for a reason: we are different; motivated by different things and want different things. The person did not request 50% of women as truck pushers or garbage collectors or truck drivers or NEPA officials or road construction workers. Or we do not care about 50% representation in these spheres? It is fine for men to dominate? Switzerland scores highest on the equality scale yet they had to introduce quota systems to bring up the women representation in politics to less than 40%. Does that not show the issue is not 'marginalization' but the fact that less women are interested in politics than men? Perhaps those interested in 50% representation should take it up with God.

b. You raised the issue of ancestral inheritance in Igbo land: Women do not inherit ancestral land, men do. Except things have changed, ancestral land is passed on to men for their families (wives & children). If a man is the head of the family and lineages are patrilinear, how would a woman inherit ancestral land if the land is to be maintained in that ancestry? Except a woman ensures that she marries a man from her locality/ancestry, she cannot pass the land to her children because her children would be from her husband's place. Yorubas who pass on lands to their children (male & female) do not have the concept of ancestral land and wives do not inherit in Yorubaland. Besides, are you saying there is nothing women benefit in Igbo culture that men don't?

c. You mentioned a cabal marginalizing you from contesting for president of your department: Like Primadonna said, you did not want it bad enough. If you did, a group of boys sagging their trousers and telling you that they would not add your name to the ballot wouldn't have deterred you. You could have contested for VP and set the president up to take his place, find bigger/higher cabals and aligned with them or reported them to the departmental dean/ the student liaison officer/ the responsible person. You could have also campaigned and if your name did not come out in the ballot, cause a fuse/cry/fight etc. till the election is scattered.

6. I wish I understood the question. I have not said any woman waited for handouts or whatever. undecided

7. I had the same beliefs before I heard of feminism, while I identified with feminism and now I no longer identify with feminism. My posts are here on NL and more than 95% of my posts and threads have had same consistency. I have grown more and realized that feminism and Christianity are not compatible ( I had a thread on that) and Christianity is more important to me. A single verse of the Bible 'I can do ALL things through Christ who strengthens me' is sufficient. Anything I want to be, as long as it is in His will or good, I can achieve it. I have also read what people term 'inequality' between sexes and it is just people highlighting what is perceiving to be the advantage of a gender over the other in a certain situation or the consequences of their actions and choices. People are also pushing for equality in outcome i.e. A & B should do the same thing and have the same results which is impossible; it is against the principle of life. You can only have equality of opportunities which for most part has been achieved.

Women have left the power they have (their femininity aka influence and sympathy) to chase what they think men have. Those who are exposed in life understand that the person wearing the crown is necessarily not in control. There are godfathers and mothers controlling them and enjoying the privileges without the burden of power.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Marginalisation: Women Playing The Victim Cards by bukatyne(f): 8:12pm On Oct 14, 2021
FreeIgboho:

To think I was expecting answers to the questions I asked below. undecided
Re: Marginalisation: Women Playing The Victim Cards by crackhaus: 8:13pm On Oct 14, 2021
bukatyne:

I am not marginalized; your sisters are not marginalized; the women on this thread are not marginalized; Ini Edo that started the rant is not marginalized....

Yet women are marginalized.

So because we do not have 50% representation of governors or presidents, women are marginalized? undecided

Do you even understand that men and women are different and want different things?

Must the quality of a woman's life be measured in relation to a man's?

Can't a woman define what a good life means to her and work for it?
Tor...

Trust me, even if equality of outcomes is finally achieved (highly unlikely anyway) and this set of women don't see any man to drag rights with anymore, they will move on to start dragging rights with children.

For instance, if there's a fire in a public building, why should the children be saved first before women? angry
This is proof that women are marginalized. grin

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Marginalisation: Women Playing The Victim Cards by bukatyne(f): 8:13pm On Oct 14, 2021
angelfallz:
You guys are still arguing with that person? It is like the person was paid to argue about 50% representation. grin

I wanted to clear him not to put his marginalization tag on me. undecided

I asked questions expecting answers, mbanu!

Of course, some people are paid for misinformation, disinformation and agendas.

3 Likes

Re: Marginalisation: Women Playing The Victim Cards by Nobody: 8:16pm On Oct 14, 2021
crackhaus:

Tor...

Trust me, even if equality of outcomes is finally achieved (highly unlikely anyway) and this set of women don't see any man to drag rights with anymore, they will move on to start dragging rights with children.

For instance, if there's a fire in a public building, why should the children be saved first before women? angry
This is proof that women are marginalized. grin

grin cheesy
They have started educated mordern women

1 Like

Re: Marginalisation: Women Playing The Victim Cards by crackhaus: 8:17pm On Oct 14, 2021
bukatyne:

To think I was expecting answers to the questions I asked below. undecided
Don't hold your breath...

Best case scenario, the only answer they can come up with is that women have access but conditioning and shampoo is preventing them from stepping up.

1 Like

Re: Marginalisation: Women Playing The Victim Cards by Nobody: 8:18pm On Oct 14, 2021
bukatyne:

1. Can you point to a post where I said I am doing better than all the women on this thread? Or where I said only my parents invested in me? I rejected the tag of marginalization and victimhood freeigboho wanted to dash me. I am free to speak about my reality as you are free to speak about yours. I am sure if I went from one thread to another complaining how a man did something to me, it would be ok. I am sorry, I honestly do not have any sob story to tell. Maybe I have a natural anti-bullshit repellant? undecided

2. I believe my phrases are clear and to the point. I do not have women who whine constantly about men, society, patriarchy and all sorts around me. They understand that women would win some and lose some which also goes for men. Women are not saints neither are men demons. So the wise thing is to look at a situation on a case by case basis and judge. The women also know that men and women are not same and learn their leverage per time to enjoy themselves. They do not leave the gifts they have and start eyeing the supposed gifts men have.

3. And who told you that men don't suffer setbacks because of their gender? You want to have a gender conversation without understanding that both genders have pros and cons? Please.

4. And you know that men don't suffer setbacks due to their gender because? Please refer to point 3.

5. Nope. Because I have not seen the real issues in this 2021. People have thrown a challenge to list the marginalization women experience and I have not picked a concrete one.
a. Someone said there is no equal representation of women in positions of power: Have you seen anywhere were there is equal representation of gender in this world? There are more men or more women in a sphere of life for a reason: we are different; motivated by different things and want different things. The person did not request 50% of women as truck pushers or garbage collectors or truck drivers or NEPA officials or road construction workers. Or we do not care about 50% representation in these spheres? It is fine for men to dominate? Switzerland scores highest on the equality scale yet they had to introduce quota systems to bring up the women representation in politics to less than 40%. Does that not show the issue is not 'marginalization' but the fact that less women are interested in politics than men? Perhaps those interested in 50% representation should take it up with God.

b. You raised the issue of ancestral inheritance in Igbo land: Women do not inherit ancestral land, men do. Except things have changed, ancestral land is passed on to men for their families (wives & children). If a man is the head of the family and lineages are patrilinear, how would a woman inherit ancestral land if the land is to be maintained in that ancestry? Except a woman ensures that she marries a man from her locality/ancestry, she cannot pass the land to her children because her children would be from her husband's place. Yorubas who pass on lands to their children (male & female) do not have the concept of ancestral land and wives do not inherit in Yorubaland. Besides, are you saying there is nothing women benefit in Igbo culture that men don't?

c. You mentioned a cabal marginalizing you from contesting for president of your department: Like Primadonna said, you did not want it bad enough. If you did, a group of boys sagging their trousers and telling you that they would not add your name to the ballot wouldn't have deterred you. You could have contested for VP and set the president up to take his place, find bigger/higher cabals and aligned with them or reported them to the departmental dean/ the student liaison officer/ the responsible person. You could have also campaigned and if your name did not come out in the ballot, cause a fuse/cry/fight etc. till the election is scattered.

6. I wish I understood the question. I have not said any woman waited for handouts or whatever. undecided

7. I had the same beliefs before I heard of feminism, while I identified with feminism and now I no longer identify with feminism. My posts are here on NL and more than 95% of my posts and threads have had same consistency. I have grown more and realized that feminism and Christianity are not compatible ( I had a thread on that) and Christianity is more important to me. A single verse of the Bible 'I can do ALL things through Christ who strengthens me' is sufficient. Anything I want to be, as long as it is in His will or good, I can achieve it. I have also read what people term 'inequality' between sexes and it is just people highlighting what is perceiving to be the advantage of a gender over the other in a certain situation or the consequences of their actions and choices. People are also pushing for equality in outcome i.e. A & B should do the same thing and have the same results which is impossible; it is against the principle of life. You can only have equality of opportunities which for most part has been achieved.

Women have left the power they have (their femininity aka influence and sympathy) to chase what they think men have. Those who are exposed in life understand that the person wearing the crown is necessarily not in control. There are godfathers and mothers controlling them and enjoying the privileges without the burden of power.

You spoke sound logic albeit with some metaphysical components of spirituality, very rare in women these days

1 Like

Re: Marginalisation: Women Playing The Victim Cards by cococandy(f): 8:21pm On Oct 14, 2021
Noted
bukatyne:

Re: Marginalisation: Women Playing The Victim Cards by Nobody: 8:22pm On Oct 14, 2021
FreeIgboho:

Yet all the Scandinavian countries are experiencing wider gender differences

cheesy
Is Biology not wonderful based on evolution
grin
Is God not good based on metaphysics/divinity/spirituality
Re: Marginalisation: Women Playing The Victim Cards by FreeIgboho: 8:23pm On Oct 14, 2021
bukatyne:

Who said EQUAL representation of women ? Show us who. Things have to be reasonable and somewhat comparable to other places. See below

1 Like

Re: Marginalisation: Women Playing The Victim Cards by Nobody: 8:26pm On Oct 14, 2021
FreeIgboho:

Who said EQUAL representation of women ? Show us who. Things have to be reasonable and somewhat comparable to other places. See below

Understand evolutionary realities that led to traditional gender roles, you can't fight Nature and Biology
Re: Marginalisation: Women Playing The Victim Cards by bukatyne(f): 8:26pm On Oct 14, 2021
FreeIgboho:

You don't want equal representation of women?

You now want something comparable to other places? So if the average of women representation in power is 10% worldwide, you are fine with 10%? shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

Who would have thought!

1 Like

Re: Marginalisation: Women Playing The Victim Cards by Nobody: 8:28pm On Oct 14, 2021
FreeIgboho:

Nation's that have these so-called Egalitarianistic-Equalism are experiencing single motherhood crisis with dysfunctional children because you can't model society by disempowering men(fathers) to empower Women

1 Like

Re: Marginalisation: Women Playing The Victim Cards by FreeIgboho: 8:29pm On Oct 14, 2021
JESHAL:

Yet all the Scandinavian countries are experiencing wider gender differences

cheesy
Is Biology not wonderful based on evolution
grin
Is God not good based on metaphysics/divinity/spirituality

Scandinavian countries are doing best. You didn't read the table well.

1 Like

Re: Marginalisation: Women Playing The Victim Cards by Nobody: 8:30pm On Oct 14, 2021
bukatyne:

You now want something comparable to other places? So if the average of women representation in power is 10% worldwide, you are fine with 10%? shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

Who would have thought!

Equality is an euphemism for female supremacy and special female privilege by giving the female gender as special victimhood status for being the evolutionary weaker sex

1 Like

Re: Marginalisation: Women Playing The Victim Cards by FreeIgboho: 8:31pm On Oct 14, 2021
JESHAL:

Nation's that have these so-called Egalitarianistic-Equalism are experiencing single motherhood crisis with dysfunctional children because you can't model society by disempowering men(fathers) to empower Women

Says who? Yet they are the most advanced countries and your country people are clamoring to go there

3 Likes

Re: Marginalisation: Women Playing The Victim Cards by Nobody: 8:31pm On Oct 14, 2021
FreeIgboho:

Scandinavian countries are doing best. You didn't read the table well.

Research gender equality paradox in Nordic Scandinavian countries

You can't cheat Nature
Re: Marginalisation: Women Playing The Victim Cards by crackhaus: 8:32pm On Oct 14, 2021
angelfallz:
I am beginning to think they were paid to do this.

It's just posturing for them, nothing more...

The ones who push the narrative of the 'girl child in the north' as part of their talking points, NONE of them have actually stepped foot in the north to physically address this cultural issue affecting the girl child... something which they want us all to believe they care so much about.

Na to stay on the internet and be typing jargons about what they think should be and what should not be. cheesy

4 Likes

Re: Marginalisation: Women Playing The Victim Cards by Nobody: 8:33pm On Oct 14, 2021
FreeIgboho:

Says who? Yet they are the most advanced countries and your country people are clamoring to go there

Arab Emirates societies that are Patriachal are doing relatively well

1 Like

Re: Marginalisation: Women Playing The Victim Cards by FreeIgboho: 8:34pm On Oct 14, 2021
bukatyne:

Who would have thought!

Bros, there is no absolute equality in anything, but there is such a thing as a thing being waayy too lopsided

2 Likes

Re: Marginalisation: Women Playing The Victim Cards by FreeIgboho: 8:35pm On Oct 14, 2021
JESHAL:

Arab Emirates societies that are Patriachal are doing relatively well

You are misreading the table. They are doing worst

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (Reply)

Why The Rate Of Divorce Is High & Why Families Break Up / Why Do You Give Money To Your Mom Instead Of Your Dad? / How Much Of Your Children Do You Know?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 102
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.