Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,349 members, 7,957,929 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 03:11 AM

Marginalisation: Women Playing The Victim Cards - Family (16) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Marginalisation: Women Playing The Victim Cards (22879 Views)

Family Sacks Mother Of Eight-year-old Rape Victim For Seeking Justice / Italian lady with a Nigerian mother complains about being a victim of racism / Benue Flood Victim Delivered Of Triplets (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Marginalisation: Women Playing The Victim Cards by FreeIgboho: 4:32pm On Oct 14, 2021
advanceDNA:

No be only you get internet ..

Definitions from Oxford
marginalized
/ˈmɑːdʒɪnəlʌɪzd/
Learn to pronounce

adjective
adjective: marginalized; adjective: marginalised
(of a person, group, or concept) treated as insignificant or peripheral.
"members of marginalized cultural groups"
marginalize
/ˈmɑːdʒɪn(ə)lʌɪz/

So I ask again....How are women treated insignificant in 2021

He pretends not to see peripheral. Are women not marginalized in the church? Are they treated as insignificant? It is people who fought for women to be able to take leadership roles in some churches
Re: Marginalisation: Women Playing The Victim Cards by Karleb(m): 4:36pm On Oct 14, 2021
angelfallz:
Your sister is greedy and deceitful.

There are valid reasons why girls are given more money than their brothers in school. So don't take it as a bad bias. It was my mum that told me about these reasons.

1. Women's consumer products like body cream, weavon, making hair, fixing nails, makeup etc are generally more expensive than men's consumer products.

2. To avoid any guy using money to get to the girl.

This 2nd reason is the most important according to my mum. A girl that has enough money to take care of herself would not be easily influenced by guys who are trying to use money to get to her.

It is because of this reason that I said your sister is greedy and deceitful. She had enough money yet she still comes to you for more(greed) and pretends that she doesn't have(deceit).

It would be easy for her to fall prey to guys that use money to lure girls. Just saying. undecided

Bros, calm down now. cheesy

Firstly, I doubt if she knew the amount my dad was sending to me, all I am aware of is that she's aware she gets money more frequently than I do. Besides, she was a kid then and obviously my dad's favorite as at then.

Personally, I don't even see it as an issue.

Those reasons are just excuses to me sha. If you would send more to your daughter, what stops you from sending that same amount you send to your son too? undecided Are you not scared your son might go into fraud? undecided

As for the last paragraph , seriously? One would think you knew her personally.

2 Likes

Re: Marginalisation: Women Playing The Victim Cards by advanceDNA: 4:40pm On Oct 14, 2021
Samunosuke:

That’s the worst part imho. Laying back and believing it’s doa will further lead us down this rabbit hole. An example: Most organizations (mine included) don’t have cessation clauses to their equality policies which means they never expect to achieve it and will continue ad infinitum. No one has said we will stop once we achieve x,y and z, so why stop?

What is pandered online and what happens in reality are very much at odds with each other. Switching the discourse to equity allows them to continue pushing equal outcomes knowing that their initial push for equal opportunities has been achieved.

Goal posts will always move.

Scandinavian countries are the highest when it comes to forcin equality accross board. It's a 20year plan..data shows it's already failing before the halftime

No society can fuction continously with equal mix of men and women accross board... final outcomes which influenced by natural differenced between both genders will play itself out..

...nature already saw it coming by giving the gender that don't have womb more appetite for risk and resilience.....

Again...it's a lost cause...
Re: Marginalisation: Women Playing The Victim Cards by cococandy(f): 4:41pm On Oct 14, 2021
bukatyne:

Biko, there are enough marginalized women on this thread to want to recruit me by force.

My parents especially my mother has invested too much in me for me to think I am marginalized.

And I have seen that around me.

DO NOT add ME to your marginalized women statistics.

Even women who believe men & women are not equal are breaking grounds daily doing whatever they like with their lives.

The irony is that you don't even realize you keep infantilizing women with your posts.

In this 21st Century free Nigeria that you can be whatever you desire, you are still saying there are systemic bla bla bla making women not to succeed.

In today's Nigeria?

If the women around you are like that, the women around me are not.

They set goals no matter how small or big and smash it.

It is also a fallacy to think that anything falls into any one's laps in this world. Of you want something, better be willing to work (negative or positive) for it.

Like Yorubas would say:
> Eni ti a jeun gboingboin a ti lekun gboingboin.

> Ikoko to a je ata, idi e gbona.

Or if it is the Biblical version you want:
The kingdom of God suffereth violence and the violent taketh it by force.

To achieve ANYTHING in this life, you have to pay the price and work for it. The difference is that what I do to achieve A might not be what you do to achieve same.

There is nowhere in the world that equal outcomes ever occurred; and it will never happen.

Can you point to one woman on this thread who you sincerely believe is doing less for themselves than you are?
Whose parents or mothers on this thread didn’t invest in them?

Are you assuming that because we speak on these issues, we are not taking initiatives on our own and achieving our set goals? Because I’d like to really understand what goes through your mind when you’re making posts like these. “Oh these women are whiners. They expect things handed to them. They have victim mentality. The women around me are high achievers. They are infantilized” (I can’t remember all of your usual phrases)

The broader issue is that despite whatever opportunities there are, and how many women succeed by taking those opportunities, the men do not have to suffer set backs specifically because of their gender. And the women do. And it shouldn’t be so.

No one is saying women should not take opportunities because they will encounter gender based set backs. No one said women won’t succeed if they try. And no one said men don’t experience set backs. The problem is the setbacks men encounter are not based on their gender.

See you often make broad discussions about yourself and how amazing you are. By reverting the conversation to how you take responsibility for your own life and choices all what not. (Not the first time. Not the 10th time ) maybe primadonna is newer to these discussions and my question to her caught her off guard but if she’s been following similar threads like this, she would understand where that question was coming from. You will unfailingly try to equate the broad topic to your own perceptions of individual success and try to dismiss the real issues that affect other women because in your opinion it doesn’t apply to you so it doesn’t matter.

So I’d like for you to be direct and tell us which woman on this thread is lazy and waiting for a handout

And you’ve called yourself a feminist before. If you didn’t believe there are issues with gender equality, why would you support a movement for gender equality? Was it a buzzword for you then? And now you’ve decided you no longer want to go with the “trend”? Or do you sincerely believe gender issues have all been amicably resolved since the first time you thought you were a feminist and therefore there’s no problem with inequality anymore?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Marginalisation: Women Playing The Victim Cards by PrimadonnaO(f): 4:43pm On Oct 14, 2021
bukatyne:

I have asked examples of marginalization, I have not seen.

A man stopped his wife from working, a man married his daughter off, bla bla.

Is it constitutional?

Is it legal?

That is the discussions we should be having.

Exactly my point.

I was asking someone else that same question, too.

1 Like

Re: Marginalisation: Women Playing The Victim Cards by advanceDNA: 4:46pm On Oct 14, 2021
FreeIgboho:

He pretends not to see peripheral. Are women not marginalized in the church? Are they treated as insignificant? It is people who fought for women to be able to take leadership roles in some churches

Which people ..the word fought for itself..Gal 3v28..There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus.

Besides no law in Nigeria or chriatain d that stopped anybody from calling themswlves pastor whether male or false . there has always been liberty in christaindom.....

Someone can set up a church and say they don't want women pastors, that's their individual doctorine

So I don't get your marginaliztiom claim..

1 Like

Re: Marginalisation: Women Playing The Victim Cards by mariahAngel(f): 5:03pm On Oct 14, 2021
FreeIgboho:

Oh! The church too?
Is there a law preventing women from preaching the gospel or starting a church?
Why should women take up leadership roles, instead of being leaders? You become a leader by starting, not by waiting until it is given to you.
Re: Marginalisation: Women Playing The Victim Cards by Regex: 5:20pm On Oct 14, 2021
I saw this thread and ignored it as usual but on a second thought I have to add to what have already been said by bukatyne, crackhaus PrimadonnaO and others who are trying to enlighten these self entitled, good for nothing women with low self esteem who thinks that they and every other women are in bond age of the mind.

A lot of you women screaming marginalisation this marginalisation that are small in mind, and lack imagination. A lot have not left their zone to other zone to actually see life.

I came to the UK and I saw the difference between women in Nigeria and women here. Nigerian women (feminist) are self entitled prats who would prefer to be fed by men and still scream men are feeding them. See bus drivers here UK I mean coach bus, go to warehouses, and see women grind there.

No, you prats should continue in your delusion while the world leaves you behind. Nansense and dirty pussy.

1 Like

Re: Marginalisation: Women Playing The Victim Cards by RightToReject(m): 5:41pm On Oct 14, 2021
pocohantas:

Who doesn’t know he is a veteran liar and blackmailer? Always masking his disgusting and inciting nature with big unnecessary vocabulary. Relation indeed. undecided

Lol. Queen, I know you wish you could afford to hate me.
Re: Marginalisation: Women Playing The Victim Cards by cococandy(f): 5:57pm On Oct 14, 2021
mariahAngel:

Oh! The church too?
Why should women take up leadership roles, instead of being leaders? You become a leader by starting, not by waiting until it is given to you.

I’m a Catholic by birth. There’s no federal law saying I can’t be a priest but based on tradition and expectation, I’m not allowed to go seminary school to become a priest. I will encounter opposition if I try. I will be refused acceptance if I try. If by some miracle I succeed, I will be shunned by the population and no one will come to my masses because as a woman, my divine place is among the laity not the priesthood.
This is based purely on gender and not anything I’ve done or haven’t done. Because there’s no law barring me from priesthood it doesn’t mean I’m not barred anyway.

By talking about this, does it mean I’m expecting leadership to be handed to me rather than going ahead to take it for myself? Or am I pointing out that obvious obstacle that is placed in front of the woman for just being a woman?

I know this is not a uniquely Nigerian problem. However does it not count as marginalization?

2 Likes

Re: Marginalisation: Women Playing The Victim Cards by mariahAngel(f): 6:03pm On Oct 14, 2021
cococandy:

I’m a Catholic by birth. There’s no federal law saying I can’t be a priest but based on tradition and expectation, I’m not allowed to go seminary school to become a priest. I will encounter opposition if I try. I will be refused acceptance if I try. If by some miracle I succeed, I will be shunned by the population and no one will come to my masses because as a woman, my divine place is among the laity not the priesthood.
This is based purely on gender and not anything I’ve done or haven’t done. By talking about this, does it mean I’m expecting leadership to be handed to me rather than going ahead to take it for myself? Or am I pointing out that obvious obstacle that is placed in front of the woman for just being a woman?

I know this is not a uniquely Nigerian problem. However does it not count as marginalization?

When we as women can start the foundation, then we can set our own rules.
The Catholic was built by men, and the rules were set by men.
No law stops a woman from starting the foundation of a church.
Re: Marginalisation: Women Playing The Victim Cards by reddingtonblack: 6:05pm On Oct 14, 2021
RightToReject:

I stated clearly there that yes, our women who choose not to marry for one good reason or another do get ancestral land in Igbo families where principle reigns supreme over expediency - the good thing is that such families are in the majority.

While on the other hand, it's only a contentious and contemptuous married woman who gets a share of an ancestral land through her husband's family that will insist on also getting ancestral land from her father's ancestral land too - talk about greed pro-max.

cococandy, this man here as express my reserved comment for you.
You want to get land from ur father house nd still want to co-own land your hubby got as inheritance, to think you even said lets be rational undecided
whether your hubby sells the land or build on it, you're a beneficiary, those your brothers that got inheritance, some women all in the name of wife stand to be a beneficiary tew .. the customs as left no one out. its all about being rational las las male/female child benefit on a single entry.

1 Like

Re: Marginalisation: Women Playing The Victim Cards by Karleb(m): 6:14pm On Oct 14, 2021
Walkee:
lol
1. It is absurd to compare race and gender.
2. Google are at the very forefront of promoting this gender narrative that's like asking Adamu Garba if sharia is good or bad.

Lastly, there are millions of blacks in good position. Good government positions sef. In fact blacks are even over represented in Caucasian societies. You hear Nigerians winning governorship positions in Canada, Sweden, mayors in the UK etc. How many whites can win elections in a black dominated society?

You deserve my follow.

A black man will shout racism if he is denied the right to contest for the office of president in USA but I can't contest in the governorship election in Kano state because common Nigerian sense dictates that I'm not from kano state.

3 Likes

Re: Marginalisation: Women Playing The Victim Cards by cococandy(f): 6:23pm On Oct 14, 2021
mariahAngel:

When we as women can start the foundation, then we can set our own rules.
The Catholic was built by men, and the rules were set by men.
No law stops a woman from starting the foundation of a church.
okay. Well at least you didn’t try to say the marginalization in that church is imaginary and made up by me. You agree it exists. That’s all we are speaking of.

So it’s a religion by men for men. And as one of the oldest of the modern religions, it’s had enormous influence on the society and the other churches that branched out from it. There was a time when the church was government. So is it reasonable to see how it influenced perceptions and consequently outcomes for women?

No?

3 Likes

Re: Marginalisation: Women Playing The Victim Cards by cococandy(f): 6:24pm On Oct 14, 2021
Sigh. Okay.
reddingtonblack:

cococandy, this man here as express my reserved comment for you.
You want to get land from ur father house nd still want to co-own land your hubby got as inheritance, to think you even said lets be rational undecided
whether your hubby sells the land or build on it, you're a beneficiary, those your brothers that got inheritance, some women all in the name of wife stand to be a beneficiary tew .. the customs as left no one out. its all about being rational las las male/female child benefit on a single entry.
Re: Marginalisation: Women Playing The Victim Cards by mrblessed(m): 6:41pm On Oct 14, 2021
It doesn't make sense to argue or pretend that women don't suffer marginalisation, if you adhere strictly to the literary and figurative meanings of the word. If you admit that the world has patriarchal foundation and imprints, and turn around to deny that women are not marginalised, know it that you are a drooling hypocrite. The contention is not about what caused marginalisation, or the various forms it manifest itself, but whether it actually exists or not.

The trouble with our Nigerian women is that they don't tend to sincerey fight against these marginalisations, but are easily poised to extract benefits from it and at the same time complain about male domination and control when they are not interesting in ending or reducing it.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Marginalisation: Women Playing The Victim Cards by FreeIgboho: 6:48pm On Oct 14, 2021
mariahAngel:

Oh! The church too?

You obviously don't know your Bible. See below, after my next post
Re: Marginalisation: Women Playing The Victim Cards by FreeIgboho: 6:49pm On Oct 14, 2021
advanceDNA:

Which people ..the word fought for itself..Gal 3v28..There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus.

Besides no law in Nigeria or chriatain d that stopped anybody from calling themswlves pastor whether male or false . there has always been liberty in christaindom.....

Someone can set up a church and say they don't want women pastors, that's their individual doctorine

So I don't get your marginaliztiom claim..

You obviously don't know your Bible. See below

1 Like

Re: Marginalisation: Women Playing The Victim Cards by Nobody: 6:59pm On Oct 14, 2021
cococandy:

This is based purely on gender and not anything I’ve done or haven’t done. Because there’s no law barring me from priesthood it doesn’t mean I’m not barred anyway.

By talking about this, does it mean I’m expecting leadership to be handed to me rather than going ahead to take it for myself? Or am I pointing out that obvious obstacle that is placed in front of the woman for just being a woman?

But in Scandinavian countries that is the most Egalitarianistic-Equalistic, women tend to run away from male dominated fields even more than traditionally conservative Societies like Arab nation's and the middle East, remember these nation's have taking steps legally, socially to remove any Patriachal strongholds holding women back yet we have gender equality paradox

You can't fight Nature, evolution genetics
Women are hardwired for some roles same as men in generalizations as exceptions exist based on Biology, social constructionist have tried to re-engineering these Societies yet they are experiencing the opposite of what they anticipated, Biology doesn't give a damn about metaphysical components ( religion/Patriachal beliefs or ideologies like Feminism/LGBTQ), about your feelings concerning reality, until women respect these immutable facts of millions of years of evolution they would never understand truth or logic
Re: Marginalisation: Women Playing The Victim Cards by Logic200: 6:59pm On Oct 14, 2021
As a woman you only have the power to create when you can create.
Absurd is when you can't create and cry that it's the opposite sex that always create then you are strictly confused.
Because we have made laws to help you create on your own but you still want to only do it in the confined of what was already created by us.
This is what it is ,women can't do certain things but men in the couple of years have created avenue for women to do it but they still feel men have the control because they can't create their own world and because they don't have the natural built whilt to do it.
Marginalization...... A word created by the economist yes ago on how to differentiate revenue.this is now in literal meaning turn to be used on gender or culture and others. The world can simply work because women are much more caring and able to make a home and men are the builder of nation.
It's not marginalization but fate.
Peace
mrblessed:
It doesn't make sense to argue or pretend that women don't suffer marginalisation, if you adhere strictly to the literary and figurative meanings of the word. If you admit that the world has patriarchal foundation and imprints, and turn around to deny that women are not marginalised, know it that you are a drooling hypocrite. The contention is not about what caused marginalisation, or the various forms it manifest itself, but whether it actually exists or not.

The trouble with our Nigerian women is that they don't tend to sincerey fight against these marginalisations, but are easily poised to extract benefits from it and at the same time complain about male domination and control when they are not interesting in ending or reducing it.
Re: Marginalisation: Women Playing The Victim Cards by cococandy(f): 7:00pm On Oct 14, 2021
Okay
JESHAL:

But in Scandinavian countries that is the most Egalitarianistic-Equalistic, women tend to run away from male dominated fields even more than traditionally conservative Societies like Arab nation's and the middle East, remember these nation's have taking steps legally, socially to remove any Patriachal strongholds holding women back yet we have gender equality paradox

You can't fight Nature, evolution genetics
Women are hardwired for some roles same as men in generalizations as exceptions exist based on Biology, social constructionist have tried to re-engineering these Societies yet they are experiencing the opposite of what they anticipated, Biology doesn't give a damn about metaphysical components ( religion/Patriachal beliefs or ideologies like Feminism/LGBTQ), about your feelings concerning reality, until women respect these immutable facts of millions of years of evolution they would never understand truth or logic
Re: Marginalisation: Women Playing The Victim Cards by bukatyne(f): 7:09pm On Oct 14, 2021
FreeIgboho:

Bros, they are far heavily underrepresented in major roles in Nigeria of today: they are at the margins - MARGINALIZED!

(I keep calling u bros because I suspect u r a man cheesy)

Your suspicion is really none of my business:

What major roles are women underrepresented?
Why are the women underrepresented?
Is there a law stopping women achieving the level of representation they think is 'fair'?
Do women have access/rights to choose who represents them today?
Do the same number of men & women contest/compete for these positions?
Do women win these positions in the polls and are denied?
How many women have expressed interest and pushed their interest through in these positions?

2 Likes

Re: Marginalisation: Women Playing The Victim Cards by cococandy(f): 7:10pm On Oct 14, 2021
mrblessed:
It doesn't make sense to argue or pretend that women don't suffer marginalisation,
we are getting somewhere

if you adhere strictly to the literary and figurative meanings of the word. If you admit that the world has patriarchal foundation and imprints, and turn around to deny that women are not marginalised, know it that you are a drooling hypocrite .
from your mouth to the universe? cool

The contention is not about what caused marginalisation, or the various forms it manifest itself, but whether it actually exists or not.
apt

Now this is where there is debate. Although it’s a gross generalization, I do agree with you that many Nigerian women haven’t even begun to grasp the magnitude of this discourse. I have no studies but I hope it’s not the majority of us . For many of us, it boils down to money and our realization that it will require aeons of enlightenment for the men to get on the same page with us on this issue. So when you mention equality, all the women hear is a system where the men get away with everything they usually get away with and the women still end up with half the bills and more of the work. So to them feminists want to create a system that will require them to financially care for a man.

But shocker is we will still end up with it anyway. Might as well operate from a system that’s actively recognizing biases when they pop up and where penalties exist for such biases.

2 Likes

Re: Marginalisation: Women Playing The Victim Cards by Godoverevery: 7:10pm On Oct 14, 2021
cococandy:

Can you point to one woman on this thread who you sincerely believe is doing less for themselves than you are?
Who’s parents or mothers on this thread didn’t invest in them?

Are you assuming that because we speak on these issues, we are not taking initiatives on our own and achieving our set goals? Because I’d like to really understand what goes through your mind when you’re making posts like these. “Oh these women are whiners. They expect things handed to them. They have victim mentality. The women around me are high achievers. They are infantilized” (I can’t remember all of your usual phrases)

The broader issue is that despite whatever opportunities there are, and how many women succeed by taking those opportunities, the men do not have to suffer set backs specifically because of their gender. And the women do. And it shouldn’t be so.

No one is saying women should not take opportunities because they will encounter gender based set backs. No one said women won’t succeed if they try. And no one said men don’t experience set backs. The problem is the setbacks men encounter are not based on their gender.

See you often make broad discussions about yourself and how amazing you are. By reverting the conversation to how you take responsibility for your own life and choices all what not. (Not the first time. Not the 10th time ) maybe primadonna is newer to these discussions and my question to her caught her off guard but if she’s been following similar threads like this, she would understand where that question was coming from. You will unfailingly try to equate the broad topic to your own perceptions of individual success and try to dismiss the real issues that affect other women because in your opinion it doesn’t apply to you so it doesn’t matter.

So I’d like for you to be direct and tell us which woman on this thread is lazy and waiting for a handout

And you’ve called yourself a feminist before. If you didn’t believe there are issues with gender equality, why would you support a movement for gender equality? Was it a buzzword for you then? And now you’ve decided you no longer want to go with the “trend”? Or do you sincerely believe gender issues have all been amicably resolved since the first time you thought you were a feminist and therefore there’s no problem with inequality anymore?

Read what you just typed again very slowly and you see what you just pointed out is gender discrimination not marginalisation.

If a woman face obstacles based on gender that discrimination not marginalisation coco.

Marginalisation is purely you saying woman are insignificant in this country.
Re: Marginalisation: Women Playing The Victim Cards by cococandy(f): 7:11pm On Oct 14, 2021
Okay
Godoverevery:

Read what you just typed again very slowly and you see what you just pointed out is gender discrimination not marginalisation.

If a woman face obstacles based on gender that discrimination not marginalisation coco.

Marginalisation is purely you saying woman are insignificant in this country.
Re: Marginalisation: Women Playing The Victim Cards by Godoverevery: 7:14pm On Oct 14, 2021
cococandy:

Discrimination my dear not marginalisation......once there no law stopping you from becoming a priest you are not marginalized.

1 Like

Re: Marginalisation: Women Playing The Victim Cards by mariahAngel(f): 7:15pm On Oct 14, 2021
cococandy:
okay. Well at least you didn’t try to say the marginalization in that church is imaginary and made up by me. You agree it exists. That’s all we are speaking of.

So it’s a religion by men for men. And as one of the oldest of the modern religions, it’s had enormous influence on the society and the other churches that branched out from it. There was a time when the church was government. So is it reasonable to see how it influenced perceptions and consequently outcomes for women?

No?

I wouldn’t say women were marginalized by the church because women were given a place in the church, and not treated like they didn’t matter.

Now, if we as women want more (than what is offered to us), if we want change, we have to start our own foundation, and not expect already established rules to change and leadership handed to us.
We have to start a new dispensation.
We have to be ready to work the talk too.

1 Like

Re: Marginalisation: Women Playing The Victim Cards by bukatyne(f): 7:16pm On Oct 14, 2021
FreeIgboho:

Bros, nobody is talking about you in partucular. The question is wether women in general are marginalized in today's Nigeria (let me translate it for you: "Are women heavily underrepresented in major roles in Nigeria of today). The answer of course is a resounding YES! So that's settled: WOMEN ARE MARGINALIZED IN NIGERIA OF TODAY!!!

But beyond that, looking objectively, do you really think women have a fair shake in today's Nigerian society? Don't you think tradition, culture, etc put women in general in a position that's far too subservient to men?
Don't you think there ought be an on-going struggle to change that a bit? I'd advice you and others to JOIN THAT STRUGGLE! That's the only way change occurs.

I am not marginalized; your sisters are not marginalized; the women on this thread are not marginalized; Ini Edo that started the rant is not marginalized....

Yet women are marginalized.

So because we do not have 50% representation of governors or presidents, women are marginalized? undecided

Do you even understand that men and women are different and want different things?

Must the quality of a woman's life be measured in relation to a man's?

Can't a woman define what a good life means to her and work for it?

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Marginalisation: Women Playing The Victim Cards by mariahAngel(f): 7:19pm On Oct 14, 2021
FreeIgboho:

You obviously don't know your Bible. See below, after my next post

You’d have to understand the traditions of the people of that time to understand that verse.

1 Like

Re: Marginalisation: Women Playing The Victim Cards by Logic200: 7:19pm On Oct 14, 2021
bukatyne:

I am not marginalized; your sisters are not marginalized; the women on this thread are not marginalized; Ini Edo that started the rant is not marginalized....

Yet women are marginalized.

So because we do not have 50% representation of governors or presidents, women are marginalized? undecided

Do you even understand that men and women are different and want different things?

Must the quality of a woman's life be measured in relation to a man's?

Can't a woman define what a good life means to her and work for it?
well said
Re: Marginalisation: Women Playing The Victim Cards by Nobody: 7:24pm On Oct 14, 2021
crackhaus:

cheesycheesy

You see this group of snowflakes, very peculiar set... They have one thing in common that has made anyone with a working brain NOT take them very seriously.

One second, they're telling us how every woman should have a right to her own choices and must not be attacked for it.
The very next second, they're blacklisting any woman who chose to have a different opinion from them.

Enemy within... cheesy

Honestly, I don't understand why they feel the need to recruit and bring everyone on board. If one woman amongst 100 doesn't agree with them on one specific topic, then that person should just be killed and left to rotten. I value people who have individual mindset, whether they right or wrong it doesn't matter.

Enemy within... Bruh I'm weak.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Marginalisation: Women Playing The Victim Cards by Logic200: 7:25pm On Oct 14, 2021
A woman must not rule the world to prove her point.
Women can start be creating life saving technologies to gain power.
Well women have been president in other countries and have done that severally.in a man's world .men allowed that.
Marginalization is a false word for this

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (Reply)

Young Lady In Makurdi Declared Missing (see Photos) / What Exactly Is A Man's Duty In The Home Nowadays / When Is The Right Time For A Child To Start School ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 117
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.