Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,929 members, 7,814,133 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 07:30 AM

Should I Tell My Dad That My Step-brother Is Not His Son ? - Family (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Should I Tell My Dad That My Step-brother Is Not His Son ? (47181 Views)

Unusual Behavior Between My Step Brother And My Wife / My Brother Is Sleeping With Our Cousin / I’m Pregnant For My Sister's Brother-In-Law. I’m Scared To Tell My Sister (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should I Tell My Dad That My Step-brother Is Not His Son ? by bareal(m): 1:46pm On Oct 14, 2021
Juliusmomoh:
I have found out and am with the evidence that he don't belong here...

Should i go ahead and tell my dad that the child he suffer to train is not his? ..

Or i should tell him to conduct DNA test on all of us? (i can foot the bill) .

Am confuse

You will be surprised that, your dad would tell you that he knew he was not his son and that he knew you are his father.
Re: Should I Tell My Dad That My Step-brother Is Not His Son ? by Juliusmomoh: 1:46pm On Oct 14, 2021
Ficient:

Which kind op be this sef? To settle down nack us better gist just dey hard you abi? Most people with yeye story go even dey beg us say make we no vex bcuz the story long with plenty grammar mistake, but ur story when be like wetin go sweet person aproko ears, you just give us only the last paragraph. No advice from me o, until you drop the full gist

No time to type long
Re: Should I Tell My Dad That My Step-brother Is Not His Son ? by Juliusmomoh: 1:47pm On Oct 14, 2021
sylve11:

It's not faceless forum. cool
Ok
Re: Should I Tell My Dad That My Step-brother Is Not His Son ? by pennywys(m): 1:47pm On Oct 14, 2021
Juliusmomoh:

Should i go ahead and tell my dad that the child he suffer to train is not his? ..

Am confuse
probably you are trying to protect the old man's properties all to yourself. Note every child has a sense of belonging, let the sleeping fog lie and move ur useless self forward. What if you are not legitimate child of ur father?
Stupid dudu
Re: Should I Tell My Dad That My Step-brother Is Not His Son ? by Dchampion65: 1:49pm On Oct 14, 2021
Juliusmomoh:

Am confuse

Don't swim in trouble water full of crocodile. Not every thing the eyes see, mouth will talk.
Don't sow a seed of permanent sorrow in your father's heart.
Re: Should I Tell My Dad That My Step-brother Is Not His Son ? by brownemmanuel43(m): 1:49pm On Oct 14, 2021
Juliusmomoh:

Best advice ever.
Yes she's alive.
Fine, let me tell u something bro. Their are ways u can tell your old man
1. If their this father and son relationship btw u two, just cook up a story about DNA and hear his opinion. Narrate the story very well so that by the time u open up to him, it won't be too shocking. After all your dad has seen a lot in this life at that age.
Re: Should I Tell My Dad That My Step-brother Is Not His Son ? by Drefaithful(m): 1:50pm On Oct 14, 2021
Juliusmomoh:

My step-bros is 46
and yours is? e get why
Re: Should I Tell My Dad That My Step-brother Is Not His Son ? by tunize(m): 1:50pm On Oct 14, 2021
Wawelexy:
Bro, no kill that man before him time?

just wait till he dies, then give that bastard and his mom the shock of their life by exposing them with the evidence u have.

But don't try this if ur dad is rich, cos he might have given that son of a beech a large chunk of his estate in his WILL before his death and it can't be altered after his death. Just scattere everything now make una rearrange am.(but that's if he's really wealthy).

Omo this thing dey pain eh!!
The mother is to blame and not the boy because, the boy did not give birth to himself live the guy out of it
Re: Should I Tell My Dad That My Step-brother Is Not His Son ? by Greenback: 1:50pm On Oct 14, 2021
Juliusmomoh:

Honestly i whould not be happy... But no am not the one engineering this..

I was told by my dad friend yesterday.

Am a man, hence the reason why i neet advice
And who is that your dad's friend,hope he doesn't have a hand in the,you know....
Re: Should I Tell My Dad That My Step-brother Is Not His Son ? by ObiaboAdoka(m): 1:52pm On Oct 14, 2021
Juliusmomoh:
Note i don't hate him..
I love him with my everything.

I just discover recently that he's not my dad son..

How did u discover it?
Re: Should I Tell My Dad That My Step-brother Is Not His Son ? by brownemmanuel43(m): 1:52pm On Oct 14, 2021
Juliusmomoh:

Yeah he has family members ... But what if i tell those drunkers paraiding as family members and they ended up messing things up? ..

I want to arrest the man that tell me. For knowing this for long and not letting popsy knowing about it.. But i was also thinking maybe i should just give him like 50k make the matter die codedly...

Anyway thanks for your time
The monitary aspect is a no go area and for your information for that friend to tell u this, it means other ears hv already heard about it. So it's better u spill it to your old man.
Instead of arresting the man, why not use the man and get what u want.
It would be better u tell us how the man told u and also the father of your step brother. Did he tell u the owner of the step brother?
Re: Should I Tell My Dad That My Step-brother Is Not His Son ? by Nobody: 1:53pm On Oct 14, 2021
Juliusmomoh:

Yeah she's alive but in another state. We are all grown up men now... My step-bros is 42
See, you have to tell your dad in a calm way.
Re: Should I Tell My Dad That My Step-brother Is Not His Son ? by oluwafeolami(m): 1:54pm On Oct 14, 2021
Don’t bro.
Your dad knows already
Your brother knows already.

You will be shocked when u decide to talk, besides ur dads friend might be saying the truth but his motive is just starting by telling u this secret. He has sinister plans and I wouldn’t want u to give in.

Don’t disrupt the peace and tranquility of that home cos either u tell him or not your father will every remain his father too so don’t cause division and discord to the family.

Remember ur father’s friend is not ur family member. Once u let the cat out of the bag, na that day u go know say u acted foolishly cos countable number of experiences will be related to u the day u are being tongue lashed by family members and u have just added more sworn enemies to urself and ur loved ones. Ur step mother and all her children will b top in the list.

So my small 10kobo sir, please don’t say anything.
Remember most times SILENCE IS ALWAYS GOLDEN.
Alafia oooo

2 Likes

Re: Should I Tell My Dad That My Step-brother Is Not His Son ? by fineboynl(m): 1:54pm On Oct 14, 2021
Juliusmomoh:

Nope.
I was told by his own friend.
is the man the father of the child? If not than ask him who is the father of the child.
Re: Should I Tell My Dad That My Step-brother Is Not His Son ? by domchike(m): 1:54pm On Oct 14, 2021
If you can foot the bills it means ur financially stable. Just let the child be besides its not too bad to hve more family members and besides u dont know what becomes of the child tomorrow he might even be ur Joseph
Juliusmomoh:

Am confuse
Re: Should I Tell My Dad That My Step-brother Is Not His Son ? by Iykenuwa(m): 1:55pm On Oct 14, 2021
Sterope:
Serves your father right.

Hoe

Low

Shoe

Spotted

Saw the comment and just knew.

Re: Should I Tell My Dad That My Step-brother Is Not His Son ? by Anuoluwa12345(f): 1:55pm On Oct 14, 2021
He shud tell the father. Which one is will you want to be told undecided.
Favfables:
The fact that you can foot the bills makes me conclude that you're financially awk and won't be affected by the outcome (not so much anyway), but is it the same for your brother??

Paternity fraud is devilish!!!!
Knowing and not saying makes you a culprit too...
But you have to ask yourself, if you were in your father's shoes, would you want to be told??
Re: Should I Tell My Dad That My Step-brother Is Not His Son ? by tunize(m): 1:55pm On Oct 14, 2021
Juliusmomoh:

I was told by my dad's friend. I think he want want the son back to the original family after sunday... I will never let it happen...
Why is your father's friend so suddenly interested about the paternity of the child and don't you think there's something he is still not saying. And why sey it now your papa nor get friend oooh confirm truth' you call me my friend bro when you see a deceit happening around me tell me and not conceal it.
Re: Should I Tell My Dad That My Step-brother Is Not His Son ? by stillseth: 1:56pm On Oct 14, 2021
He deserves to know the truth before he dies.
Re: Should I Tell My Dad That My Step-brother Is Not His Son ? by Anuoluwa12345(f): 1:57pm On Oct 14, 2021
Hummm true tho, not only man... That's what proves ones maturity...
nokspos:
some secrets are worth taking to grave, you are just going to create unnecessary issue, the man is old already , allow him to enjoy the rest of his life on earth in peace... i know secrets that i can never ever disclose to anybody in this life. and that's what makes you a man
Re: Should I Tell My Dad That My Step-brother Is Not His Son ? by andyanders: 1:57pm On Oct 14, 2021
Op, listen carefully before you destroy your life, father and the entire family for decades.

The man that asked you to tell your father, has a hidden agenda. At your father's age, and the guy in question at 42, why break such news to you at this time? Don't start a fight you cannot finish. We all must die one day. That man is evil.

If you and the guy has been relating well, live your life and allow him be. If you start this fight, the man could be somewhere rejoicing and laughing at your family. Ignor him.

If he wants to know, let him be the one to tell your dad and be ready to provide his evidence to substatiate his claim.
Re: Should I Tell My Dad That My Step-brother Is Not His Son ? by Soar2019: 1:58pm On Oct 14, 2021
Just before you tell him…
* remember you are not going to live in your dad’s home 4ever
* u were not there when your dad met ur mum and ur step-brother mom why put mouth on what does not concern you
*U’ve got nothing to gain to give ur dad everlasting sore that might take him to early grave
* KEEP IT TO URSELF!! and be Matured!
* even if ur dad got huge estate for u as inheritance that won’t take u far in life except what u earn by yourself
* remember u will soon be out of that same home to face ‘real-life’ and same story May have to play out for u on a different script ..different actors.
* Be matured, life is bigger out there; different balls different players.. different scripts with different actors.. kindly do not create problem in your dad home..keep it to yourself only.

1 Like

Re: Should I Tell My Dad That My Step-brother Is Not His Son ? by motayoayinde: 1:59pm On Oct 14, 2021
NA WAH OH!

SIX PAGES AND NO ONE HAS BEEN ABLE TO FIGURE OUT THAT YOUR STEP BROTHER SHOULD ACTUALLY HAVE NO BLOOD CONNECTION WITH YOU OR EITHER OF YOUR PARENTS.

YOUR STEP BROTHER IS NEITHER YOUR BIOLOGICAL BROTHER NOR YOUR FATHER'S BIOLOGICAL SON.

EXCEPT THE OP MEANS "HALF BROTHER".

3 Likes

Re: Should I Tell My Dad That My Step-brother Is Not His Son ? by fof1: 2:00pm On Oct 14, 2021
Juliusmomoh:
Note i don't hate him..
I love him with my everything.

I just discover recently that he's not my dad son..

How Did You?
Re: Should I Tell My Dad That My Step-brother Is Not His Son ? by vinexe: 2:01pm On Oct 14, 2021
i see u have already made up ur mind .... but i must tell u .. ur looking for troubles' when it finally comes face it alone ...... u think ur father don't know? tell me how old is ur step bros ......?
Re: Should I Tell My Dad That My Step-brother Is Not His Son ? by Jephyard(m): 2:01pm On Oct 14, 2021
Actually the best thing to do is to tell your dad what you heard if it true. No one knows if you your dad can withstand the news or not after all he has seen both the good and ugly side of life so what the hell do you want to tell him that he has not seen under the sun. He deserves to know the truth.

I will advice you tell him, it best he knows he might live long afterward trust me the truth always bring peace last last. No let anybody bully you not to ask or reveal what you have heard. Remember this after war there is peace. If you leave it like this it you that will carry the burden for life and it won't do your health no good.

After all your step bro is still family even if he is not the biological son of your father. You will also being doing him good by saying the truth reason being that he will know where he stand and you might not act wierd anytime he is around around the family if you don't reveal what you have heard. Save everyone the stress of tomorrow by solving the puzzle today.
Re: Should I Tell My Dad That My Step-brother Is Not His Son ? by Onarabu: 2:03pm On Oct 14, 2021
Juliusmomoh:

Honestly i whould not be happy... But no am not the one engineering this..

I was told by my dad friend yesterday.

Am a man, hence the reason why i neet advice

Then tell ur dad's friend to inform him if indeed he's friend.
Re: Should I Tell My Dad That My Step-brother Is Not His Son ? by DEBUU: 2:03pm On Oct 14, 2021
Juliusmomoh:

Yeah he has family members ... But what if i tell those drunkers paraiding as family members and they ended up messing things up? ..

I want to arrest the man that tell me. For knowing this for long and not letting popsy knowing about it.. But i was also thinking maybe i should just give him like 50k make the matter die codedly...

Anyway thanks for your time
See if you try this, you will never have peace of mind. Manage the situation well , read your Dad as if you are reading a Bible.
You must tell the man the truth since you have gotten the information. Question the man that told this very well. It's for your Dad to decide, this is a blessing in disguise.
Failure to let him know, then you have created a wound that will never heal in your life.
What about your Mum?
Re: Should I Tell My Dad That My Step-brother Is Not His Son ? by fof1: 2:03pm On Oct 14, 2021
Juliusmomoh:

Oga sonnobax...
I just receive the new yesterday... And guess what, all what they told me is true... They can't tell my father direct. Since am the first born, they had to let me know first... They said i shoul get back to them before sunday.

PLS IF U ARE IST BORN...NOTHING SPOIL...UR DAD IS STILL COVERED...ALLOW HIM TO REST FOR HIS REMAINING DAYS ON EARTH. PROTECT UR FAMILY AND SIBLINGS.
Re: Should I Tell My Dad That My Step-brother Is Not His Son ? by advanceDNA: 2:03pm On Oct 14, 2021
Juliusmomoh:

Am just afraid...
What if i tell him and got heart-break and die... He's 76 plus

If the stakes are high...like properties and other inheritances....I think u should tell now....
because if your father eventually does...u might want to say it especially when he and his mother starts to claim over-entitlement over property...that time, no body will believe u...they will just think it's becos of greed u are saying it
Re: Should I Tell My Dad That My Step-brother Is Not His Son ? by duro4chang(m): 2:04pm On Oct 14, 2021
Godispeace:
what is ya business with the proof ? over syllabus dey worry u grin grin grin
It becomes my business when it is on a forum like this. We need proof(s) to very your claim and make unbiased judgment. Do you now underrtand? Reasonable people will not jump into any matter without evidence.
Re: Should I Tell My Dad That My Step-brother Is Not His Son ? by GorillaApp(m): 2:05pm On Oct 14, 2021
FreeSpirited:
Imagine ur Dad runs DNA on all of u and it turns out u are also not his child cool...
Nothing is impossible especially if it involves vagina people and paternity.
.you are a wicked sombori grin aswear!

Op, anyhow you wan do am, let ur father know

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Baby Born With Traditional Beads In Lagos / I Would Love To Go Back To My Ex-Husband – Caroline Danjuma / Advice Needed, My Wife Is Driving Me Crazy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.