Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,597 members, 7,809,167 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:28 AM

Should I Tell My Dad That My Step-brother Is Not His Son ? - Family (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Should I Tell My Dad That My Step-brother Is Not His Son ? (47150 Views)

Unusual Behavior Between My Step Brother And My Wife / My Brother Is Sleeping With Our Cousin / I’m Pregnant For My Sister's Brother-In-Law. I’m Scared To Tell My Sister (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should I Tell My Dad That My Step-brother Is Not His Son ? by AreaFada2: 2:37pm On Oct 14, 2021
Juliusmomoh:
I have found out and am with the evidence that he don't belong here...

Should i go ahead and tell my dad that the child he suffer to train is not his? ..

Or i should tell him to conduct DNA test on all of us? (i can foot the bill) .

Am confuse
As a first son, I am surprised by the question you are asking. I do not know the culture you are from, but you concealing such evil act is a grave sin against your family line. Never mind God, if you have any Abrahamic faith. I know you care about your dad and about his health and well-being.

If you are finding it hard to tell your dad, spare a thought for his friend who knew but couldn't say. What if he told your dad and the wife accused the friend of wooing her or even of attempted rape? Women can do an awful lot to save face.

By the way, if you do not get back to your dad's friend by Sunday, what is he going to do? Why such an ultimatum?

Now listen. You can go about telling your dad indirectly. Call him and sit down with him. Tell him that you need his advice about something troubling your mind. That you got to find out that the adorable son of your very close friend is not his. That a mutual friend who knew but couldn't tell him all these years revealed it to you with evidence. That the friend is so dear to your heart that you are worried about his well-being and the potential impact on his family if told. But on the other hand, you would be complicit if you didn't tell your good friend. Imagine if he finds out years later that you knew. You believe that the boy also deserves to know his true bloodline. Dad, what would you advise me to do?
If your dads advises you to let the sleeping dog lie, then pray over it that no sin should be on your head. Move on and ask the friend of your dad to not raise the matter again.

If he says that your friend needs to know, no matter what, then schedule a family meeting. At least your siblings who can make it to attend should be present and you can tell him. When you tell him, first say it halfway. Things like paternity fraud is not rare these days. It happens sadly and people have to cope with it as as best they can. Be ready to take him to a hospital. Ideally, locate a nearby hospital in advance. Somebody should stay with him for the next few days, even if he appears to have taken it quite well initially.

Good luck.

1 Like

Re: Should I Tell My Dad That My Step-brother Is Not His Son ? by mikkyt(m): 2:37pm On Oct 14, 2021
Andreas Periera (Manchester United Loanee) Wonder goals⚽⚽⚽are not Properly hyped .

He scored another stunner yesterday

Watch here⚽⚽⚽⚽��

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N09M3hvCbuk
Re: Should I Tell My Dad That My Step-brother Is Not His Son ? by Hassanmaye(m): 2:38pm On Oct 14, 2021
DONFRANSKID:
I can't trust the other gender
Lol that's why we keep on saying that gender nairaland think we are misogynist

1 Like

Re: Should I Tell My Dad That My Step-brother Is Not His Son ? by Acidosis(m): 2:42pm On Oct 14, 2021
If your mother in law is still with your dad as a full fledged wife, it is important to let him know. If she's late or something, it's best to stay mute on the matter.
Re: Should I Tell My Dad That My Step-brother Is Not His Son ? by Chigold101(m): 2:43pm On Oct 14, 2021
Juliusmomoh:

Should i go ahead and tell my dad that the child he suffer to train is not his? ..

Am confuse
What if your Dad knows more than you think?

Think about it

1 Like

Re: Should I Tell My Dad That My Step-brother Is Not His Son ? by AreaFada2: 2:43pm On Oct 14, 2021
Hassanmaye:

Lol that's why we keep on saying that gender nairaland think we are misogynist

The way most women are saying oversabi, let the sleeping dog lie, shows that many are not sure of themselves. grin cheesy

At least many are unsure of their firstborn.

What they forget is that the more they condemn paternity test, the more they make men suspicious.

Kai! shocked shocked

1 Like

Re: Should I Tell My Dad That My Step-brother Is Not His Son ? by temielects(m): 2:45pm On Oct 14, 2021
Juliusmomoh:

Am confuse
If you are a christian pray hard on this,i see this as a way the devil wants to attack your well being spiritually mentally,financially putting you in a tight corner you may have to decide if your long time brother stays with the family or leaves of which your stepmother will never be pleased with, other hand your guilty conscience won't be pleased with you not letting the old man knows what you know,seek spiritual help this is beyond physical, Shalom!
Re: Should I Tell My Dad That My Step-brother Is Not His Son ? by AreaFada2: 2:46pm On Oct 14, 2021
Chigold101:

What if your Dad knows more than you think?

Think about it
Let the dad confirm his suspicion. Dads may suspect but won't really know. How many dads of 76 do paternity test just for fun? When did paternity test even become more popular and affordable?
Re: Should I Tell My Dad That My Step-brother Is Not His Son ? by Jesuschild: 2:46pm On Oct 14, 2021
Juliusmomoh:

Jesus !!!
Na only god go safe us o..

So i should tell popsy ba?
Telling the truth wouldn't make your teeth fall out of your mouth. Be responsible and tell
Re: Should I Tell My Dad That My Step-brother Is Not His Son ? by iykedonp: 2:46pm On Oct 14, 2021
You haven't done DNA test and you are here saying that you have evidence to prove it. Listen, until it is proven, you don't have any evidence.
On another note, don't give anybody kobo because of this. They might milk you dry and the person in question might also be your blood brother.
Re: Should I Tell My Dad That My Step-brother Is Not His Son ? by ThinkSmarter: 2:50pm On Oct 14, 2021
Juliusmomoh:

Am confuse
Follow the path of wisdom and ignore.
ur dad is the legitimate father since he paid the bride price and was fully married to the lady within the period the child is born.
Even so many impotent men have legitimate wives and children.
In ur mind, just assume that the young man was adopted.
don't set fire u can't control.
U will regret it, if u insist...
Re: Should I Tell My Dad That My Step-brother Is Not His Son ? by Coly2012(m): 2:53pm On Oct 14, 2021
If u are good with ur step brother,call him and discuss it with him,and let him go and look for his father,at least it's better the news comes out from him than you.
Re: Should I Tell My Dad That My Step-brother Is Not His Son ? by abbey621(m): 2:55pm On Oct 14, 2021
Those advising you to keep secrets and not tell the old man are nothing but ignorant crechins. Do you think the old man would forgive you once he's gone? Does your step bro know the truth? Don't you think you owe it to him as well to reveal it? The difference between the whites and our pathtic African sentiments is that when it comes to issues like this, they prefer facts than emotional reasoning. If you are truly the son of your father then you owe him the truth otherwise you might as well be called a basta*d as well.
Re: Should I Tell My Dad That My Step-brother Is Not His Son ? by McTobe(m): 2:59pm On Oct 14, 2021
Handle this matter with utmost caution. If the division and problems it will cause to your family will be greater than the peace and General Good of the family then let the matter rest and also explain same to your siblings, since they respect you they will agree with you.
Juliusmomoh:

Am confuse
Re: Should I Tell My Dad That My Step-brother Is Not His Son ? by Prettychild(f): 2:59pm On Oct 14, 2021
Kylekent59:

Let us assume that after you told your father about him, he was sent packing. After that, would you be happy?

Your dad had spent on him, and it's his time to make your father proud, but you want him away.

I hope you are not about to make a mistake. You sounded like a female because some of them don't reason before taking action.
The truth is that even if you don’t tell your Dad, sooner or later he will get to know so it’s best you tell him in order to avoid future heart attack

1 Like

Re: Should I Tell My Dad That My Step-brother Is Not His Son ? by SpaceAngel: 3:00pm On Oct 14, 2021
Re: Should I Tell My Dad That My Step-brother Is Not His Son ? by Lovexme(m): 3:01pm On Oct 14, 2021
Juliusmomoh:

My step-bros is 46

Juliusmomoh:

Yeah she's alive but in another state. We are all grown up men now... My step-bros is 42

So, which is it?

1 Like

Re: Should I Tell My Dad That My Step-brother Is Not His Son ? by royalmu: 3:03pm On Oct 14, 2021
Juliusmomoh:
Note i don't hate him..
I love him with my everything.

I just discover recently that he's not my dad son..

Are you sure you're your father's son?
Re: Should I Tell My Dad That My Step-brother Is Not His Son ? by McTobe(m): 3:03pm On Oct 14, 2021
You know the kind of person your Dad is better than any one on this forum. But what I understand about old people is that they have seen so much in their lifetime, you will be also shocked to find out that your dad may know about it, again I will advise you handle the matter with caution especially as regards the way the person that is not a legitimate child of your dad will react to it.
Juliusmomoh:

I know am his legitimate son... My problem now is, what if i tell him and this old man died out of surprise?
Re: Should I Tell My Dad That My Step-brother Is Not His Son ? by emmabest2000(m): 3:04pm On Oct 14, 2021
Juliusmomoh:

My step-bros is 46

46 and 42 na only you come

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Tell My Dad That My Step-brother Is Not His Son ? by emmabest2000(m): 3:05pm On Oct 14, 2021
Juliusmomoh:

Yeah she's alive but in another state. We are all grown up men now... My step-bros is 42

Story boy

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Tell My Dad That My Step-brother Is Not His Son ? by biggie73(m): 3:05pm On Oct 14, 2021
The DNA on you guys will be cool.
Re: Should I Tell My Dad That My Step-brother Is Not His Son ? by Raph82(m): 3:10pm On Oct 14, 2021
Juliusmomoh:

I was told by my dad's friend. I think he want want the son back to the original family after sunday... I will never let it happen...
This matter requires wisdom. Ur dad's friend is a devil, sorry for the harsh word I used on him. For him to have known about this all these while and keep mute, only to come out now with this plan shows something is fishy. He's an evil maradona with hidden agenda. I will advise u to inform the police about this matter, then go ahead and tell ur father that this is what his friend told u.
Re: Should I Tell My Dad That My Step-brother Is Not His Son ? by McTobe(m): 3:10pm On Oct 14, 2021
I agree totally with you
Oblongata:
I realized long ago that having blood ties does not make a family.

If your step bro is family enough, then he is your brother.
Re: Should I Tell My Dad That My Step-brother Is Not His Son ? by joyandfaith: 3:10pm On Oct 14, 2021
Juliusmomoh:

Am confuse

What if your dad already knew of it and decided to let it go?
Re: Should I Tell My Dad That My Step-brother Is Not His Son ? by Juliusmomoh: 3:12pm On Oct 14, 2021
Lovexme:

So, which is it?
I can't just guess his age.. But i know he's above 40
Re: Should I Tell My Dad That My Step-brother Is Not His Son ? by Amumaigwe: 3:14pm On Oct 14, 2021
Juliusmomoh:

Am confuse

What's your business? You are scheming to disinherit your half brother and tear your father's heart as well as his family apart. This kind of manipulative actions never ends well. Let the sleeping dog lie.
Re: Should I Tell My Dad That My Step-brother Is Not His Son ? by izubext007: 3:15pm On Oct 14, 2021
Yes tell your dad......but u should also suspect your mum as well.
Re: Should I Tell My Dad That My Step-brother Is Not His Son ? by kindlyheart: 3:18pm On Oct 14, 2021
Juliusmomoh:

Am just afraid...
What if i tell him and got heart-break and die... He's 76 plus

please just forget and let it slide unless you are planning to send your dad sad to his grave. allow the old man enjoy his old age peacefully
Re: Should I Tell My Dad That My Step-brother Is Not His Son ? by gabicon: 3:18pm On Oct 14, 2021
Juliusmomoh:

Am confuse

We Africans need Change our paradigm of who children are to parents. Sperm and eggs contribution is the tiniest part of parent and child relationship. A child nurtured, admonished, educated, disciplined and cultured is who a son or daughter is. It takes work and relationship to achieve this. Your father loves your brother and has made sacrifices for him so does your brother also, they are both victims of a fraud from a woman, why make them suffer for something they are not responsible for? Why break your dad in his old age? My dear take that secret with you to the grave, if you destroy a good relationship because you have legitimate reasons, someone else too will destroy you too because they feel they have legitimate reasons. The pain and heart aches won't be worth it.

1 Like

Re: Should I Tell My Dad That My Step-brother Is Not His Son ? by jimmynauty: 3:18pm On Oct 14, 2021
FreeSpirited:
Imagine ur Dad runs DNA on all of u and it turns out u are also not his child cool...
Nothing is impossible especially if it involves vagina people and paternity.

Futureisfemale lol

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Advice Needed / Beautiful Lady In Wheelchair Got Married To The Love Of Her Life / “My Husband Is Gay, I Still Beg Him For Sex – Woman

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.