Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,802 members, 7,817,319 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:16 AM

Baby Born With Traditional Beads In Lagos - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Baby Born With Traditional Beads In Lagos (47194 Views)

Nigerian Girl Born With Blue Eyes In Delta Experiences Stigmatization (Photos) / 5 Things Only Those Born With A Wooden Spoon Understand! / Photo: 52-year Old Woman Delivers Baby With Traditional Beads In Her Hands (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Baby Born With Traditional Beads In Lagos by Chinum: 8:31am On May 22, 2015
Hmmm grin

Despite adopting several family planning strategies, a 52-year-old grandmother, Mrs. Funke Adamson, has ended up giving birth to a baby girl clutching white ‘Ileke’ (Yoruba name for beads) on her hands. Funke, a traditional worshipper said she was delivered of the baby that has now been described by many as a “miracle child” on Monday, May 11, 2015 at a Trado-medical home in Apapa.

Speaking to Vanguard, she said: “I received a message from an Osun Custodian who said that a child is on the way for me. I didn’t believe him. I didn’t realize until the baby was three and half month old when I began to experienced flow of membranous fluid.”

When Vanguard visited the home of the Adamson at No.16 Olayinka Street, Ijora, Apapa-Iganmu Local Council Development Area, LCDA last Monday during the naming ceremony, it was gathered that Funke and her husband, Mr. Hamzat Adamson, 63-year-old never planned to have a child at this time.

Sources said that Funke who celebrated her 50 years birthday two years ago had already entered her menopause age. The baby named Bukola came three years after another 32-year-old single mother, Mrs. Kikelomo Ilori was delivered of a baby boy in a Cherubim & Seraphim Church, purportedly clutching a Holy Quran. On the signs discovered during her pregnancy, Funke noted that prior to her discovery, she couldn’t sleep comfortably for two months.

“So I started praying before I later discovered that I was pregnant. Also, while trying to open a perfume, it caught fire, which made me suffer severe burns. After discovering the pregnancy, I couldn’t sleep without having a dream. In these dreams, I often found myself sitting at the shore,” Funke added. After her birth, the grandmother explained that the traditional healers who attended to her raised alarm that they found the baby clutching white beads.

“When I heard this, I was afraid. I told them to inform my husband for any possible solution. Rather than demand that they discard the beads, he said they should be kept. After regaining my strength I removed the beads and tied it on her wrist,” she said. Corroborating her story, the husband, Hamzat said “I was surprised when I saw the baby delivered holding beads in his hands. But I realized that the beads are important and that was why we have decided not to throw it away.”

Similarly, Rashidat Ojesanmi, the Osun custodian who gave the family the prophesy said “I was consulting the deities when I got the revelation that she would be blessed with a unique gift, which I told her. But she didn’t believe. Later, when the revelation was further revealed that she will be blessed with an important child, she declined, saying that she cannot conceive at her age.

She said so because of the family planning she had earlier done and considering her age. But as prophesied, few months later, she called me and told me of the signs she discovered.” Also speaking, a midwife, Mrs. Adenike Adeyemo, described the case as one out of ten cases, saying “it is rare to have such cases because at this age, the woman may have entered menopause stage.”

- See more at: http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/05/baby-born-with-traditional-beads-in-lagos/#sthash.Ynoq9Hzc.dpuf

3 Likes

Re: Baby Born With Traditional Beads In Lagos by estyvino(m): 8:35am On May 22, 2015
Call her traditional baby

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Baby Born With Traditional Beads In Lagos by Dyt(f): 8:39am On May 22, 2015
Yimu but u can call the baby
Orishafunmi
grin grin

37 Likes 1 Share

Re: Baby Born With Traditional Beads In Lagos by Nobody: 8:45am On May 22, 2015
Hallucination is a bad Disease.

45 Likes

Re: Baby Born With Traditional Beads In Lagos by Nobody: 8:47am On May 22, 2015
So many strange things happening everywhere, this is very strange.. To the scientist in d house who will not believe , Oya sample ur ideas grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Baby Born With Traditional Beads In Lagos by MrScript(m): 8:54am On May 22, 2015
Dey s pishure, buh I still dnt believe

15 Likes

Re: Baby Born With Traditional Beads In Lagos by ArchEnemy(m): 8:55am On May 22, 2015
undecided
Berra go and give your life to Christ and lead your baby in the way of the Lord; Ileke or no ileke

55 Likes 1 Share

Re: Baby Born With Traditional Beads In Lagos by Sijo01(f): 9:28am On May 22, 2015
Hmmmmm, hope this is not Oya, (Sango wife) lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Baby Born With Traditional Beads In Lagos by dre11(m): 9:43am On May 22, 2015
Strange things happens in a strange way.....

Photo: 52-Year Old Woman Delivers Baby With Traditional Beads In Her Hands.......
Cc lalasticlala thinking

4 Likes

Re: Baby Born With Traditional Beads In Lagos by okooloyun1(m): 9:47am On May 22, 2015
Re: Baby Born With Traditional Beads In Lagos by holluwai(m): 9:48am On May 22, 2015
They should let us know where the baby was gotten from. Na one ifa place, pretty clear.

7 Likes

Re: Baby Born With Traditional Beads In Lagos by baybeeboi: 9:48am On May 22, 2015
Ifa has done his work.
That is no miracle, that is oracle.

12 Likes

Re: Baby Born With Traditional Beads In Lagos by MizMyColi(f): 9:48am On May 22, 2015
cheesy

Just one question, okay twosmiley.

Is there a possibility that these beads could have been worn on the baby?
Was there a video evidence or even a pictorial that the baby emerged from the vajay clutching those?

Until these questions are answered satisfactorily, this is a hoax!

63 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Baby Born With Traditional Beads In Lagos by Nobody: 9:49am On May 22, 2015
Lol the blouse nko?

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Baby Born With Traditional Beads In Lagos by Sunnycliff(m): 9:49am On May 22, 2015
Something strange keeps occurring these days! Medical experts any explanation for these?
Re: Baby Born With Traditional Beads In Lagos by Nobody: 9:49am On May 22, 2015
I smell Lies

She should have come complete with her leg beads, ear rings, shoes and headtie...with a strong letter from Sango.

Bead ko, Chain ni.

Abeg who knows the winner of the 2015 Presidential election in Nigeria...I am at an interview now.

55 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Baby Born With Traditional Beads In Lagos by lomprico(m): 9:49am On May 22, 2015
Wesss saaaa! Don jazzies!

1 Like

Re: Baby Born With Traditional Beads In Lagos by MARKone(m): 9:49am On May 22, 2015
why is it stuffs like this only happen in yoruba land undecided

One day, one go commot with his/her permanent voters card.

37 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Baby Born With Traditional Beads In Lagos by eleko1: 9:50am On May 22, 2015
undecided VICKYROTEX come see IYANGBALI pikin oooo cheesy grin.Omo orisa .IlekeIdi,come see ur handwork sad
Re: Baby Born With Traditional Beads In Lagos by ZYZZA: 9:50am On May 22, 2015
;Dthe lie no sweat . There just want the baby to be known

Next

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Baby Born With Traditional Beads In Lagos by Nobody: 9:50am On May 22, 2015
Hmmmmm..... if the baby isnt born with quoran, it will be a bible, now we are seeing babies born with beads..... *sighs* .....

3 Likes

Re: Baby Born With Traditional Beads In Lagos by JustCurious: 9:50am On May 22, 2015
Re: Baby Born With Traditional Beads In Lagos by loomer: 9:51am On May 22, 2015
Lalalalalalalalalalalalalalalala

1 Like

Re: Baby Born With Traditional Beads In Lagos by youngice(m): 9:51am On May 22, 2015
Reminds me of that show
nkan be

1 Like

Re: Baby Born With Traditional Beads In Lagos by ThisMeansWAR: 9:51am On May 22, 2015
Niceeee

The gods of yorubaland are alive.. We don't worship god that was killed like a chicken on the cross or d one that like sucking human blood and fhucking small picking.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Baby Born With Traditional Beads In Lagos by tupacshakur(m): 9:51am On May 22, 2015
MizMyColi:
cheesy

I don't want to believe you're a S-BAN member.
Re: Baby Born With Traditional Beads In Lagos by datmac99: 9:51am On May 22, 2015
that's an abomination.
Re: Baby Born With Traditional Beads In Lagos by KAPOVee: 9:52am On May 22, 2015
Fetishes child

8 Likes

Re: Baby Born With Traditional Beads In Lagos by tupacshakur(m): 9:52am On May 22, 2015
Chinum:
Hmmm grin
Despite adopting several family planning strategies, a 52-year-old grandmother, Mrs. Funke Adamson, has ended up giving birth to a baby girl clutching white ‘Ileke’ (Yoruba name for beads) on her hands.

Ilekeh, your attention is needed here.

I'm sure you must have a contribution to make.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

“My Husband Is Gay, I Still Beg Him For Sex – Woman / Three Powerful Prayers That Could Turn Your Husband Back To God. / Advice Needed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.