Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,597 members, 7,809,168 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:32 AM

A Company Didn't Accept My Resignation - Jobs/Vacancies (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / A Company Didn't Accept My Resignation (30203 Views)

Yet To Receive My Salary After My Resignation Last Year / CEO Who Fired 900 Staff On Brutal Zoom Call Faces Mass Resignation Of Exec's / Re: A Company Didn't Accept My Resignation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Company Didn't Accept My Resignation by Nobody: 4:32am On Oct 15, 2021
osazsky:
fg that u are reporting to has not paid it's own staff pensions..my boss retired 8 months ago in a fg uni.he hasn't been paid a penny..until someone told him that fg borrowed all our monies remitted into pension schemes my question is this..does fg have the right to borrow money from our various pensions administrators
grin so it reach the extend buhari done begin borrow pension money...nawa oo
There is no where buhari and APC will not borrow from.
I wonder how dey plan to pay these debts
Re: A Company Didn't Accept My Resignation by BouquiLake: 4:47am On Oct 15, 2021
You should have written a reminder to them when it was a week to the effective date and also write another one on the date stating that you are handing dropping all the company'sproperty in your care. This you can envelope and drop with your secretary. You can also state in the letter the issue of the pension. You may even copy PENCOM so that it will be on record.

Seeeker:
I don't know what to call this... I tendered a resignation letter with 3 weeks notice despite that no notice clause is contained in my appointment letter.

They just collected the letter and said nothing. When the resignation became effective, I left the company and they still didn't tell me anything about handing over to someone else as is the practice there in case of sack.

It's been a month I left and they still didn't contact me about handing over. My concern is that they didn't remit a Kobo into my pension account. Why I'm expecting them to ask me to hand over is that I have in my custody about 5k belonging to the company. I didn't borrow the money. It was kind of something left in my care.

So, if they later ask me to come and do proper handing over, should I ask them about my pension? Some people sacked in the past said their pension was not remitted too.
Re: A Company Didn't Accept My Resignation by Rewawriters01: 4:49am On Oct 15, 2021
Copywriting is using the power of the written words to make sales.

Copywriting is one skill that when you master, you can write your own paychecks.

We spend 4 to 6 years in the university studying, only to come out to look for job and sometimes we don't get that job.

Even if we get the job, we are being underpaid.

Life in Nigeria now is very hard that even if you are being paid N100,000 you will still struggle to survive.

How many people even get paid such an amount.

With Copywriting you work with foreign clients and get paid in dollars.

But what if i tell you that you can become a copywriter in 3 months with the right training and dedication?

Would you like to tap from this rich industry?

I would be holding a 3 day free class in Copywriting and LinkedIn marketing starting on Monday 18th of Oct.2021.

Send a whatsapp message to this no. to join for free.

Re: A Company Didn't Accept My Resignation by crafteck(m): 4:58am On Oct 15, 2021
They ain't done using u
Re: A Company Didn't Accept My Resignation by connection77: 4:59am On Oct 15, 2021
Sebi na only you waka go there na only you go waka comot there now no be by force jare
Re: A Company Didn't Accept My Resignation by sotomayor: 5:19am On Oct 15, 2021
1AJDJySUMwXbQ1svYT24M964MZ4uo2Lchj
Re: A Company Didn't Accept My Resignation by geunik(m): 5:35am On Oct 15, 2021
Seeeker:
I don't know what to call this... I tendered a resignation letter with 3 weeks notice despite that no notice clause is contained in my appointment letter.

They just collected the letter and said nothing. When the resignation became effective, I left the company and they still didn't tell me anything about handing over to someone else as is the practice there in case of sack.

It's been a month I left and they still didn't contact me about handing over. My concern is that they didn't remit a Kobo into my pension account. Why I'm expecting them to ask me to hand over is that I have in my custody about 5k belonging to the company. I didn't borrow the money. It was kind of something left in my care.

So, if they later ask me to come and do proper handing over, should I ask them about my pension? Some people sacked in the past said their pension was not remitted too.
You have broken fedeal labor law. Resignation is a month notice in Nigeria not 3 weeks. It is USA that uses 2 weeks. They can use that against you
Re: A Company Didn't Accept My Resignation by dahmie2013: 6:10am On Oct 15, 2021
Some employers are wicked. May God save us from them.
Re: A Company Didn't Accept My Resignation by Psoul(m): 7:01am On Oct 15, 2021
Seeeker:

You should've done the handover and make sure that it is documented.
Then write them a letter telling them that you have noticed that they did not remit you Pension contributions.
Ask them to pay it to you directly.
Give them 2 weeks to respond.
If they fail, send them a reminder.
If they still fail, write them through a lawyer.
Make sure they receive and sign all the letters you sent to them.
It will be very important for u in future.
Re: A Company Didn't Accept My Resignation by 9icetoo(m): 7:03am On Oct 15, 2021
Seeeker:

Report the non remittance of your pension to the pension commission. Don't wait for them.

Re: A Company Didn't Accept My Resignation by Hassanmaye(m): 7:21am On Oct 15, 2021
Ynix:

That is where Federal Ministry of Labour and Employment comes in, all you have to do is know your Labour law
Thank you sir
Re: A Company Didn't Accept My Resignation by Emeguy(m): 7:32am On Oct 15, 2021
Let Lapo be abeg, all these micro-fiance bank self, na their tradition, u have moved on, they will call u soonest
Re: A Company Didn't Accept My Resignation by JayPeeOham: 7:53am On Oct 15, 2021
slawormiir:
Damnnn niggarrrr
Wahalar nor dey finish ..maybe the company don tire for your matter....

And bros op.....correct the headline....they accepted your resignation....but they don't give a fuckkkkk

Hahhah.....for bubu administration......both the employee and the employer don tire

My point exactly!

I thought Op was gonna say that they called him back when he left...but rather they played a silent one on him.

It's just like breaking up with a girl by simply avoiding her without telling her that it's over...lol
Re: A Company Didn't Accept My Resignation by bukatyne(f): 7:59am On Oct 15, 2021
Seeeker:

Who will I return it to since they didn't tell me to do so? Will I just go there and say, this is your 5k left with me? There should be a procedure.

Return all the company things you have in your possession and write an official letter to demand for your pension.
Re: A Company Didn't Accept My Resignation by JohnBloggs: 8:19am On Oct 15, 2021
This man David Ezuzu is a fraudster and a thief

Re: A Company Didn't Accept My Resignation by BamakSNR(m): 8:36am On Oct 15, 2021
Let your lawyer talk to them about your pension grin cool
Re: A Company Didn't Accept My Resignation by Ofadaman(m): 8:39am On Oct 15, 2021
Most people end up with problems for themselves because they allow many things to chance, what stops you from asking questions about the status of your employment or receive receipt or some form of documentation. This is the kind of employer that can really mess up your referrals and give you really bad referrals when a new employer asks them for your reference.

Be careful and try to clear everything before moving on
Re: A Company Didn't Accept My Resignation by sabreal: 9:16am On Oct 15, 2021
Is there anything like acceptance if resignation in your contract?

If not, I don't think there any law either, except the pension demand for it when you want to collect your pension.

My advice:

1. Go to your pension office, explain to them as regards your unremitted pension, no acceptance of resignation, and other things necessary which the company is not providing

Follow up with pension company so that they report the employer to pencom or write the employer to let them know they are working against the laws.

2. Go and return their money. They are not suppose to ask you about that, but sure it is documented. Better, discuss with the person in.charge to provide account no to pay the money. Make you send a mail to discuss how the money remain in your custody, ask for account to pay, and demand for receipt or acknowledge of the deposit in the company's account. Never pay to personal account ti avoid paying twice.

You can ask if you need more adviser

Seeeker:

Re: A Company Didn't Accept My Resignation by Freighthost: 9:37am On Oct 15, 2021
Life is nw hell in Nigeria

D torture is much

Sir
Move on n find a better means

D suffering is too much since dis taliban came
Re: A Company Didn't Accept My Resignation by Artzdanielsz(m): 9:55am On Oct 15, 2021
Companies in naija ehhh

Q: What goes up and never comes down?
A: My age!

Happy super birthday to me
Re: A Company Didn't Accept My Resignation by safer23(m): 10:06am On Oct 15, 2021
If they've been rightly deducting it from your salary, Sue them to court - industrial court to be precise and claim for damages.

No even think am twice!!!!

Seeeker:

Re: A Company Didn't Accept My Resignation by theamazonguru(m): 11:11am On Oct 15, 2021
HitlerGaddafi:

E pele o Mr labour law

Lol, it sounds funny but it's actually not funny.
The guy is very right.
I have been working in my organization, but there was no pension for over 8 years.

Just last year, we woke up from our sleep, formed a union, activated the labout law, petitioned the Federal Ministry of Employment in the state where the company is resident.
Management was summoned for a meeting. In fact several , meetings.
It was not a small tussle, but because we are aware the labor law empowers us to get our pension fund, we were not detered at all.

Let me shock you, just last week, I was sent a summary of my pension by my PFA. I have almost 2m sitting in my pension account. This is for about a year ooh. Imagine I have had pension for the whole 10 years I have been working for the company, that means I would be looking at about 20m by now.

The problem with most of us (employees) is we don't know our right, even those that do, will be afraid to take a step.

This is a company that has always threatened us subtly about joining any labour union.
The month you go on leave. You loose so much because they claim they are paying your reliever.
But right now, we go on leave, get the usual 21 days leave bonus, and still get the full month salary. This is the standard, which we have been denied for years.

See ehn. Nothing changes until you change, wake up from your sleep, put up a fight. These guys are not ready to give you your right. You need to fight for it.

Peace.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Hyundai Heavy Industry Intakes (batch 1---6). / ★ Job/vacancies Section Awards 2014 ★ / Dangote Truck Drivers With HND/BSc: No Respect For Nigerian Graduates

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.