Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,915 members, 7,824,842 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 06:52 PM

Please, How Can I Improve My Spoken English? - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Please, How Can I Improve My Spoken English? (24524 Views)

Please How Can I Improve My Spoken English / How Do I Improve My Spoken English? I Need Your Advice Please!!! / Please How Do I Improve My Grades(cgpa)? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Please, How Can I Improve My Spoken English? by folake4u(f): 9:38pm On Oct 16, 2021
Sapiosexuality:
Watch Nickelodeon.

Spot on! You Sabi.

Inasmuch movies will help improve diction, kids channel will be twice effective.
Re: Please, How Can I Improve My Spoken English? by AlmaIganishire: 9:42pm On Oct 16, 2021
Good question. There are different platforms to use for this but you will be needing Oraimo Freepods 3 in other to enhance your hearing of the English words.

With Oriamo Freepods 3, you can Hear it. See it. Feel it.
The difference on bass, lasting battery, clear voice in the call, in-ear or half in-ear 2 modes...and whatever you need!

Re: Please, How Can I Improve My Spoken English? by Noblewealth(m): 9:43pm On Oct 16, 2021
The best way is to read articles and columns on newspaper.Listen to radio presenters that disseminate good english and watch soap opera more.. Also surround yourself with people who speaks more of English and try as much as possible to get your tenses right then fluency will chip in...

For years and now I still read newspaper columns either stale or latest... Updating is the key

1 Like

Re: Please, How Can I Improve My Spoken English? by airsaylongcome: 9:43pm On Oct 16, 2021
adeniyi65:

Sir.check out our literature section and those articles on politics.you will have no option than to accept that we have quite lot of articulated speakers and writers here just as the number of average English expert (those you mentioned) is infinite.

Do a basic comparison. How many views does the Top Post on the Literature sub forum get? How many threads there get in FP? Compare that with the politics section. How many views there? How many get on FP? How many have proper English grammar?
Re: Please, How Can I Improve My Spoken English? by adeniyi65(m): 9:43pm On Oct 16, 2021
0m0nnakoda:
Why the enslavement?

Are you English?

What are you doing to improve your spoken Yoruba?
Sir.there are some ambition that requires fluency in english.we just have to accept it.
Re: Please, How Can I Improve My Spoken English? by ORLAHOLUWA(m): 9:43pm On Oct 16, 2021
Learn how to talk with teeth eg effrything

1 Like

Re: Please, How Can I Improve My Spoken English? by kunle75(m): 9:45pm On Oct 16, 2021
Saneesk:
Nairalanders please i need suggestions as to how i can improve my ospoken English to absolute fluency.

Read more of newspapers and listen to news
Re: Please, How Can I Improve My Spoken English? by solomonedavid(m): 9:47pm On Oct 16, 2021
You actually can't learn proper English seeing American movies,British movies is better, but u gat put ear wella ��

1 Like

Re: Please, How Can I Improve My Spoken English? by Diligent1(f): 9:49pm On Oct 16, 2021
Saneesk:
Nairalanders please i need suggestions as to how i can improve my ospoken English to absolute fluency.
Get A'1 IN ENGLISH from book shop is between N800 and N1,000 read it and thank later.
Re: Please, How Can I Improve My Spoken English? by Pharaohny: 9:51pm On Oct 16, 2021
Sabadon:
Biy queen premier

Start from......"i go up, up i go" grin grin grin

You well sooooo
Lol

1 Like

Re: Please, How Can I Improve My Spoken English? by JaskanFactor: 9:52pm On Oct 16, 2021
Why do you want to improve your spoken English, when you already a child of God.
Being yourself speaking like you is worth far more to you than any English.
Cause if you dont know English language is for casting spells, English grammar is named after the magic book of grimoire.

You want to learn how to become arrogant , but it will weaken your spirit against evil.
its better to be yourself and speak like you, you are already a star.

In case you dont know English and England is inside big disgrace right now. Oxford and Cambridge are deeply satanic places.
You want to speak like people in the middle of a podophile epidemic, who have to drink until they throw up every time.
You want to speak like people who get sexually aroused from being tied up and beaten.

Why do you want to copy hell , when you can be free.
Re: Please, How Can I Improve My Spoken English? by CocoaOla: 9:53pm On Oct 16, 2021
Saneesk:

Can queen Elizabeth of England speak your language fluently stop enslaving your self for people that don't give a fuc ck about you your race

Do your best leave the rest

Embrace your culture to the world speak your language to the world let white man study your language in high institutions abroad stop Simping and monkeying around
Re: Please, How Can I Improve My Spoken English? by adeniyi65(m): 10:00pm On Oct 16, 2021
airsaylongcome:

Do a basic comparison. How many views does the Top Post on the Literature sub forum get? How many threads there get in FP? Compare that with the politics section. How many views there? How many get on FP? How many have proper English grammar?
Post from literature section will always find it difficult to find their way to FP because the mods know it takes a miserable calamitous viral prone crime incident to reach fp. together with instant politics gist and news and celebrity updates.
Nigeria or let even say Africa at large doesn't cultivate the habit of reading.hence fp will favour traffic worthy post to less visit articles and literatures.
Re: Please, How Can I Improve My Spoken English? by 0m0nnakoda: 10:06pm On Oct 16, 2021
adeniyi65:

Sir.there are some ambition that requires fluency in english.we just have to accept it.
Fluency is a word . The most politically or economically successful Nigerians have not needed superlative "fluency" whatever that word means. "fluency" often ends up working for the less fluent. That is how it is at the highest level in Nigeria.

That is not the main thing.
If you are fluent in any ONE language you will do well
The problem is many young people are not fluent in ANY language
They are poor communicators

And communication is what really matters

Patience Jonathan is very fluent n pidgin and a good communicator.

Yes

DiarisGod

1 Like

Re: Please, How Can I Improve My Spoken English? by Pumpumking: 10:07pm On Oct 16, 2021
Saneesk:

angry
Re: Please, How Can I Improve My Spoken English? by Pumpumking: 10:09pm On Oct 16, 2021
Saneesk:

well can u spek english sir & it depend if u tryin to get half cast or lightskin womens....... but first u need to goto london sir. Am from london! (no oofeinse) angry
Re: Please, How Can I Improve My Spoken English? by GupbisFounder(m): 10:10pm On Oct 16, 2021
I love this... Thanks so much!
Ademola47:

Firstly, you need to take away shyness and pride (no offence is meant whatsoever). Be proud to speak anyhow, anywhere in as much as the message you are trying to pass is well understood.

Now, let's create a tailor-made solution.

You see brother, Rome wasn't built in a day. In this context, you can't learn perfect English in a day. It's a gradual and manual process that will later become automatic (when you become fluent).

Get a good O level English textbook. Read and understand the parts of speech and their uses.

Now, write a one-page text in your native language. Then, translate to English on another page. Place a mirror, preferably in your room, and read both texts. Now, try to paraphrase the English text as if though you were being interviewed at reading a written text. Repeat the process for a month. Take note of the time spent and fluency.

In two week's time, you should be an above-average speaker.

Remember, speak outside. Don't be shy.

Lastly, don't try to bend English or form British/American accent.

PS: Watching American movies won't help a lot because, most likely, he won't understand what they are saying (since they'll be speaking deep accent)
Enjoy!

2 Likes

Re: Please, How Can I Improve My Spoken English? by lastchild: 10:20pm On Oct 16, 2021
ever since I took up a teaching job, my spoken English improved dramatically, that's why whenever I want to lament over poor salary in teaching job, i would quickly remember all that teaching job did for me

2 Likes

Re: Please, How Can I Improve My Spoken English? by Rollitout: 10:23pm On Oct 16, 2021
Saneesk:

Try duolingo
Re: Please, How Can I Improve My Spoken English? by Nobody: 10:27pm On Oct 16, 2021
Saneesk:
1. Watch english movies with subtitle
2. Read english novels (James Hadley chase)
3. Practice delivering speech withing the comfort of your bedroom.
4. Employ the service of an English teacher for a month or thereabouts.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Please, How Can I Improve My Spoken English? by sylve11: 10:30pm On Oct 16, 2021
AfroKnight:
You learn to speak a language fluently by speaking along.

Play a recording of a sentence or passage and speak along as it plays.

Very correct. cool
Re: Please, How Can I Improve My Spoken English? by Dicedpineappple(f): 10:39pm On Oct 16, 2021
Watch Indian movies ...

Korean movies...

But only the ones with subtitles....
It really helped me a lot back then...

And read,not just books but books you have fun reading....
It helps good vocabulary stick with you..
Re: Please, How Can I Improve My Spoken English? by Valuc: 10:42pm On Oct 16, 2021
Op.. goan read .
Re: Please, How Can I Improve My Spoken English? by mrdipye(m): 10:45pm On Oct 16, 2021
Listen to Eminem

1 Like

Re: Please, How Can I Improve My Spoken English? by Danidinho4: 10:45pm On Oct 16, 2021
Buy Queens Primer and Brighter grammar...I get am for my shop grin

PS: I recommend you watch news, programmes or platforms that encourages debate/ arguments.
No forget to put ear for ground.
Re: Please, How Can I Improve My Spoken English? by 2braithe: 10:50pm On Oct 16, 2021
InTheCloudySky:
Read books by classic writers like Dostoyevsky, Tolstoy, Camus, Elliott, Bronte, etc.

Personally,I dislike reading.I only read academic books for the sake of good grades.

What can someone like me do?
Re: Please, How Can I Improve My Spoken English? by bezimo(m): 10:50pm On Oct 16, 2021
Listen to news
Listen to discussions and note how ideas are expressed
Read more
Take note of how sentences are made
You pick up by that.
Re: Please, How Can I Improve My Spoken English? by jaeyking(m): 10:51pm On Oct 16, 2021
Saneesk:

An advice to you

Watch alot of cartoons
Disney and co.
. that's where u would learn the best
Re: Please, How Can I Improve My Spoken English? by 2braithe: 10:55pm On Oct 16, 2021
FutureIsFemale:
Who that one epp?

It's obvious you haven't reached that stage in life where you'll be required to have near excellent oratory skills.
Re: Please, How Can I Improve My Spoken English? by 2braithe: 10:55pm On Oct 16, 2021
jaeyking:

An advice to you

Watch alot of cartoons
Disney and co.
. that's where u would learn the best

Car what??

Please please please.
You want him to start acting childish.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Admission Injustice By ABSU (picture ) / Apart From English, Which Language Is More Useful Globally? / Private Universities In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.