Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,453 members, 7,812,384 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 12:34 PM

Please, How Can I Improve My Spoken English? - Education (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Please, How Can I Improve My Spoken English? (24505 Views)

Please How Can I Improve My Spoken English / How Do I Improve My Spoken English? I Need Your Advice Please!!! / Please How Do I Improve My Grades(cgpa)? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Please, How Can I Improve My Spoken English? by Nobody: 9:02am On Oct 17, 2021
Sabadon:
Buy queen premier

Start from......"i go up, up i go" grin grin grin
Oga, you harsh oh!
Anyway, it's called "Queen prinee" and premier.
Re: Please, How Can I Improve My Spoken English? by Tsolutionifede(m): 9:09am On Oct 17, 2021
dan9ice:

Especially with subtitles.
It'll he'll your vocabulary

If I'm watching American movies, if I'm not with my dictionary app, I won't be comfy grin
ur English still never shumkusticitly
Re: Please, How Can I Improve My Spoken English? by hefeeluv: 9:23am On Oct 17, 2021
Saneesk:
Nairalanders please i need suggestions as to how i can improve my ospoken English to absolute fluency.
Read more and listen more
So simple.
Read good novels and watch alot of European English movies, your subconscious mind will dwell in the sphere of better English
Re: Please, How Can I Improve My Spoken English? by denjjy(m): 10:05am On Oct 17, 2021
The first thing you need to do is to develop a self confidence/self esteem. Enrolling as a teacher in a public or private school will give you the opportunity to develop your spoken English everyday and will help to speak English with full confidence. Download Collins dictionary, it will help develop you on words and vocabularies usage.
Re: Please, How Can I Improve My Spoken English? by 2braithe: 10:17am On Oct 17, 2021
0m0nnakoda:
Embarrass myself? In another man's language? Do not be ridiculous

By the way who is the ignoramus embarrassing himself?

What the hell is "enslavery"?

Is is not better to keep silent when people suspect you are a fool . That way there is doubt rather than speak to confirm their suspicion.

Guy the word is enslavement , there is nothing like "enslavery"

Anyway there is no pride in mastering another man's language that is ENSLAVEMENT

I accept my mistake."Enslavement" not "Enslavery".I have added to my pool of knowledge.
The bolded really made you feel better,right?

You keep saying "another man's language".Have you forgotten that English is our official language?
English is an official language in about 67 countries including 27 non-sovereign entities.We have english speakers in virtually every country.

Tell me which country recognizes Igbo,yoruba and hausa as an official language.Not even in our Nigeria here.
We may have its speakers in many nations but it still doesn't measure up to the number of English speakers.

If you speak hausa to me,I will not understand.If you are non igbo,if I speak igbo to you,you may not understand.But if we both speak English,we will understand each other.
Re: Please, How Can I Improve My Spoken English? by Babsreus(m): 10:20am On Oct 17, 2021
anthonyuncle:
1. follow news, interviews, and educative programs on television.

2. surround yourself with people that enjoy having conversations in English.

3. watch the soap opera tinsel

I have never really understood why they call some shows soap opera, can you please explain why it's called that
Re: Please, How Can I Improve My Spoken English? by Nobody: 10:35am On Oct 17, 2021
Saneesk:
Nairalanders please i need suggestions as to how i can improve my ospoken English to absolute fluency.
Watch mostly English movies.
Re: Please, How Can I Improve My Spoken English? by tunary(m): 12:07pm On Oct 17, 2021
Ademola47:

Firstly, you need to take away shyness and pride (no offence is meant whatsoever). Be proud to speak anyhow, anywhere in as much as the message you are trying to pass is well understood.

Now, let's create a tailor-made solution.

You see brother, Rome wasn't built in a day. In this context, you can't learn perfect English in a day. It's a gradual and manual process that will later become automatic (when you become fluent).

Get a good O level English textbook. Read and understand the parts of speech and their uses.

Now, write a one-page text in your native language. Then, translate to English on another page. Place a mirror, preferably in your room, and read both texts. Now, try to paraphrase the English text as if though you were being interviewed at reading a written text. Repeat the process for a month. Take note of the time spent and fluency.

In two week's time, you should be an above-average speaker.

Remember, speak outside. Don't be shy.

Lastly, don't try to bend English or form British/American accent.

PS: Watching American movies won't help a lot because, most likely, he won't understand what they are saying (since they'll be speaking deep accent)
Enjoy! wow.

This is just the answer to what the OP seek for
Re: Please, How Can I Improve My Spoken English? by femi4: 12:21pm On Oct 17, 2021
Saneesk:
Watch British movies more not Americans
Read novels more
Listen and watch both BBC radio n tv
And communicate in English more
Re: Please, How Can I Improve My Spoken English? by 0m0nnakoda: 12:27pm On Oct 17, 2021
2braithe:

I accept my mistake."Enslavement" not "Enslavery".I have added to my pool of knowledge.
The bolded really made you feel better,right?

What is "bolded" ?
what exactly does that mean. ? Is that another word you just made up?
The word is "emboldened"

Do not go around correcting people about English . This is even more annoying when your offering is full of silly solecisms.
Re: Please, How Can I Improve My Spoken English? by ImaIma1(f): 1:52pm On Oct 17, 2021
Read novels
Re: Please, How Can I Improve My Spoken English? by Nobody: 2:40pm On Oct 17, 2021
By reading novels, especially American novels
Re: Please, How Can I Improve My Spoken English? by Jumbojax(m): 2:54pm On Oct 17, 2021
Hollywood movies go on imdb, and search for anything you connect with, trust me there's something for everyone
Re: Please, How Can I Improve My Spoken English? by playfrank(m): 2:55pm On Oct 17, 2021
Watch cartoons with subtitle
Saneesk:
Re: Please, How Can I Improve My Spoken English? by orumba(m): 3:19pm On Oct 17, 2021
Speak like obi cubana
Re: Please, How Can I Improve My Spoken English? by anthonyuncle(m): 3:38pm On Oct 17, 2021
vickydevoka:

Zee world nko

zee gịnị?
Re: Please, How Can I Improve My Spoken English? by rhames(m): 4:33pm On Oct 17, 2021
Saneesk:

Listen more to BBC and CNN news even if they are full of lies.

Read a lot of magazines

Watch a lot of American and British movies and comedies

Read a lot of books from novels, biographies and across all genres: E g James Hadley Chase

Among other suggestions above.

Cheers
Re: Please, How Can I Improve My Spoken English? by vickydevoka(m): 4:51pm On Oct 17, 2021
anthonyuncle:

zee gịnị?
That's whar she told me
Re: Please, How Can I Improve My Spoken English? by oshorstan(f): 5:07pm On Oct 17, 2021
Read columns from newspaper, watch channels TV, watch British movies
Re: Please, How Can I Improve My Spoken English? by 2braithe: 7:27pm On Oct 17, 2021
0m0nnakoda:

What is "bolded" ?
what exactly does that mean. ? Is that another word you just made up?
The word is "emboldened"

Do not go around correcting people about English . This is even more annoying when your offering is full of silly solecisms.

You knew what I was referring to but deliberately missed the point.
You even decided to edit out a major bone of contention just to focus on my error.
Again,I accept my mistake."emboldened" not "bolded".You are happy now, right?

You are just plainly aggressive, nothing more.
Re: Please, How Can I Improve My Spoken English? by anthonyuncle(m): 7:56pm On Oct 17, 2021
Babsreus:

I have never really understood why they call some shows soap opera, can you please explain why it's called that

shows that are called soap operas are shows that have new episodes every day of the week,and run for more than 26 weeks or a year long.

they are termed "soap operas" because they originated from radio dramas that were originally being sponsored by soap manufacturers.
Re: Please, How Can I Improve My Spoken English? by jeyem(m): 8:22pm On Oct 17, 2021
Come to United state of American and go to state like Utah, Wyoming, Colorado, New Mexico, North Dakota, South Dakota, Alabama, Oklahoma, Wisconsin or Wisconsin, your English will improve by fire by fire and you will also forget eba, Amala for the main time, you
Will focus on rice spaghetti and noddles. Thank me later
Re: Please, How Can I Improve My Spoken English? by 0m0nnakoda: 10:21pm On Oct 17, 2021
2braithe:

You knew what I was referring to but deliberately missed the point.
You even decided to edit out a major bone of contention just to focus on my error.
Again,I accept my mistake."emboldened" not "bolded".You are happy now, right?

You are just plainly aggressive, nothing more.

Like I said English is another man's language and nothing to be proud of
You were the one that started the error spotting only to be schooled that it was enslavement and not enslavery as you ignorantly said
Now you are whining like an oestral canine
If you live in a glass house do not throw stones,
Your English is not that great and I am sure that would be the case with other Nigerian languages too

Try to focus on Yoruba or Ijaw and leave English alone we are not English

Once again release your self from enslavement
Re: Please, How Can I Improve My Spoken English? by Nobody: 11:08am On Oct 18, 2021
Skyview01:
Read a lot of books. It really helped me. Also, listen to a lot of audio books, will help with your pronunciation.
Why are you lieing? Which book did you read?? I taught you everything you know in ENGLISH LANGUAGE..so give credit to me..... Good morning and happy new week...
Re: Please, How Can I Improve My Spoken English? by mrkia(m): 9:25pm On Oct 18, 2021
Tried to hired me and I will taught you how to spoke fluenting English.....
Re: Please, How Can I Improve My Spoken English? by Nobody: 12:01am On Oct 19, 2021
0m0nnakoda:

Like I said English is another man's language and nothing to be proud of
You were the one that started the error spotting only to be schooled that it was enslavement and not enslavery as you ignorantly said
Now you are whining like an oestral canine
If you live in a glass house do not throw stones,
Your English is not that great and I am sure that would be the case with other Nigerian languages too

Try to focus on Yoruba or Ijaw and leave English alone we are not English

Once again release your self from enslavement

Whatever you are doing intentionally is worth doing well including speaking Spanish, English,French, Yoruba,etc

Some can speak more than one language well_after learning.

Let 2braithe learn
Re: Please, How Can I Improve My Spoken English? by 2braithe: 2:11am On Oct 19, 2021
Crystyano:

Whatever you are doing intentionally is worth doing well including speaking Spanish, English,French, Yoruba,etc

Some can speak more than one language well_after learning.

Let 2braithe learn

Learn what exactly?
Re: Please, How Can I Improve My Spoken English? by yunqdady: 6:22am On Oct 19, 2021
Diligent1:

Get A'1 IN ENGLISH from book shop is between N800 and N1,000 read it and thank later.
That's basic na. For WAEC people
Re: Please, How Can I Improve My Spoken English? by yunqdady: 6:22am On Oct 19, 2021
JaskanFactor:
Why do you want to improve your spoken English, when you already a child of God.
Being yourself speaking like you is worth far more to you than any English.
Cause if you dont know English language is for casting spells, English grammar is named after the magic book of grimoire.

You want to learn how to become arrogant , but it will weaken your spirit against evil.
its better to be yourself and speak like you, you are already a star.

In case you dont know English and England is inside big disgrace right now. Oxford and Cambridge are deeply satanic places.
You want to speak like people in the middle of a podophile epidemic, who have to drink until they throw up every time.
You want to speak like people who get sexually aroused from being tied up and beaten.

Why do you want to copy hell , when you can be free.
U well so
Re: Please, How Can I Improve My Spoken English? by yunqdady: 6:23am On Oct 19, 2021
CocoaOla:

Can queen Elizabeth of England speak your language fluently stop enslaving your self for people that don't give a fuc ck about you your race

Do your best leave the rest

Embrace your culture to the world speak your language to the world let white man study your language in high institutions abroad stop Simping and monkeying around
U would have taken you seriously if you wrote this in your local dialect
Re: Please, How Can I Improve My Spoken English? by JaskanFactor: 7:00am On Oct 19, 2021
yunqdady:

U well so

U Sleep So

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Unizik Admission List / Private Universities In Nigeria / 8 Types Of Food For Broke University Students

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.