Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,541 members, 7,812,683 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 05:33 PM

Please, How Can I Improve My Spoken English? - Education (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Please, How Can I Improve My Spoken English? (24506 Views)

Please How Can I Improve My Spoken English / How Do I Improve My Spoken English? I Need Your Advice Please!!! / Please How Do I Improve My Grades(cgpa)? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Please, How Can I Improve My Spoken English? by Diligent1(f): 8:17am On Oct 19, 2021
yunqdady:

That's basic na. For WAEC people
The book will build his confidence to speak.
Re: Please, How Can I Improve My Spoken English? by Diligent1(f): 8:18am On Oct 19, 2021
yunqdady:

That's basic na. For WAEC people
A'1 IN ENGLISH will build his confidence to speak and write.
Re: Please, How Can I Improve My Spoken English? by Nobody: 8:39am On Oct 19, 2021
2braithe:

Learn what exactly?

How to speak English better
Re: Please, How Can I Improve My Spoken English? by 0m0nnakoda: 8:48am On Oct 19, 2021
Crystyano:

Whatever you are doing intentionally is worth doing well including speaking Spanish, English,French, Yoruba,etc

Some can speak more than one language well_after learning.

Let 2braithe learn

Define "well" what the hell does that mean?
So if I play football I must play like Messi
How many things in this life do you do well

Spare us the takeaway tinned wisdom

Many of us play football tennis and other games we are not professionals and cannot play as well as professionals
We take photographs but are not photographers we cook but are not caterers , We make love but are not professionals, etc. So that your idea is just fake wisdom

How many Nigerians speak their mother tongue well
Re: Please, How Can I Improve My Spoken English? by Nobody: 8:56am On Oct 19, 2021
0m0nnakoda:

Define "well" what the hell does that mean?
So if I play football I must play like Messi
How many things in this life do you do well

Spare us the takeaway tinned wisdom

Many of us play football tennis and other games we are not professionals and cannot play as well as professionals
We take photographs but are not photographers we cook but are not caterers , We make love but are not professionals, etc. So that your idea is just fake wisdom

How many Nigerians speak their mother tongue well

Bullshit

What sort of useless comparison/analogy/diversion is this??

Is it even only Messi that plays football well

Doing things well is not perfection

Even professionals are not perfect

What stops you from speaking your mother tongue and English well??

To hell with your definition of 'well' !!!!
Re: Please, How Can I Improve My Spoken English? by 0m0nnakoda: 9:07am On Oct 19, 2021
Crystyano:

Bullshit

What sort of useless comparison/analogy/diversion is this??

Is it even only Messi that plays football well

Doing things well is not perfection

Even professionals are not perfect

What stops you from speaking your mother tongue and English well??

To hell with your definition of 'well' !!!!

I did not define well. I asked you to .
You introduced the term here so define it
It is essentially meaningless because it is not defined and means different things to different people

So the idea of

What is worth doing is worth doing well is native wisdom for children. There will always be someone somewhere that does it more "well"

We do thousands of things in this life and do not have to be experts at them all.

I reserve the right to choose not to speak English well. I speak enough to meet my needs period. What stops you speaking Ogoni well?

English is not our language and there is no need to become an expert. As long as one is understood that is all that matters
Re: Please, How Can I Improve My Spoken English? by Nobody: 9:10am On Oct 19, 2021
0m0nnakoda:

I did not define well. I asked you to .
You introduce the term here so define it
It is essentially meaningless because it is not defined and means different things to different people

To the idea of

What is worth doing is worth doing well is native wisdom for children. There will always be someone somewhere that does it more "well"

We do thousands of things in this life and do not have to be experts at them all.

English is not our language and there is no need to become an expert. As long as one is understood that is all that matters

If you can be understood

Then, you have done well

In other words
You have tried
Re: Please, How Can I Improve My Spoken English? by 0m0nnakoda: 9:19am On Oct 19, 2021
Crystyano:

If you can be understood

Then, you have done well

In other words
You have tried

If you study in any English or American University you will get it.

Many Asians come in yearly with really poor English compared to Nigerians and they do well

You are better appreciated for being real=authentic than for any fake/cultivated accents

Nigerian have enough English .That is not our priority right now
Re: Please, How Can I Improve My Spoken English? by Nobody: 9:24am On Oct 19, 2021
0m0nnakoda:

If you study in any English or American University you will get it.

Many Asians come in yearly with really poor English compared to Nigerians and they do well

You are better appreciated for being real=authentic than for any fake/cultivated accents

Nigerian have enough English .That is not our priority right now

I can use whatever accent I want

You have also used ' well'..... for Asians

I don't care about what you think of Asians

If they don't appreciate me
I will appreciate myself

Nigerians must continue to learn English so that there will be understanding to some extent

Stop comparing us to XYZ

XYZ are not special
Re: Please, How Can I Improve My Spoken English? by 0m0nnakoda: 9:34am On Oct 19, 2021
Crystyano:

I can use whatever accent I want

You have also used ' well'..... for Asians

I don't care about what you think of Asians

If they don't appreciate me
I will appreciate myself

Nigerians must continue to learn English so that there will be understanding to some extent

Stop comparing us to XYZ

XYZ are not special

You seem to have a comprehension problem

What is my business with you or your accent?

There are many meanings to the word "well" e.g. a place that people fetch water from
Is there a crime in using the word; well?

When we say Asians "do well" it simply means they thrive or prosper as individuals
It has NOTHING to do with doing A THING well as in what is worth doing ......

That is why I would advise folk like you to forget English . It is not and cannot be your forte. Stick to Yoruba or Urhobo and you will "do well"
Re: Please, How Can I Improve My Spoken English? by Nobody: 9:41am On Oct 19, 2021
0m0nnakoda:

You seem to have a comprehension problem

What is my business with you or your accent?

There are many meanings to the word "well" e.g. a place that people fetch water from
Is there a crime in using the word; well?

When we say Asians "do well" it simply means they thrive or prosper as individuals
It has NOTHING to do with doing A THING well as in worth is worth doing ......

That is why I would advise folk like you to forget English . It is not and cannot be your forte. Stick to Yoruba or Urhobo and you will "do well"

Bullshit

You came up with the issue of fake accents

Nigerians also prosper as individuals

I am not Hell-bent on what is worth doing is worth doing well

I don't care about Bla Bla Bla

You don't have to apply Bla Bla Bla

I don't have to forget English

Your comprehension skills are not needed by me

Stop quoting me

It's of no use
Re: Please, How Can I Improve My Spoken English? by 0m0nnakoda: 9:55am On Oct 19, 2021
Crystyano:

Stop quoting me

It's of no use
Are you not the ignoramus that quoted me first , talking nonsense about "enslavery" trying to correct my English with your semi-literate ideas.
You are barely literate and have no business correcting anyone

You quoted me out of nowhere to tell me that "enslavement" is not a word and I should have written "enslavery" > I schooled you on that .Instead of keeping quiet you are still talking rubbish
Re: Please, How Can I Improve My Spoken English? by Adeapex(m): 11:26am On Oct 19, 2021
Read books and watch American movies
Re: Please, How Can I Improve My Spoken English? by Nobody: 4:03pm On Oct 19, 2021
0m0nnakoda:

Are you not the ignoramus that quoted me first , talking nonsense about "enslavery" trying to correct my English with your semi-literate ideas.
You are barely literate and have no business correcting anyone

You quoted me out of nowhere to tell me that "enslavement" is not a word and I should have written "enslavery" > I schooled you on that .Instead of keeping quiet you are still talking rubbish

Nah

I am not the one that tried to correct your English

Case closed!!!
Re: Please, How Can I Improve My Spoken English? by UCHIHAmask: 2:37pm On Oct 20, 2021
Saneesk:
Nairalanders please i need suggestions as to how i can improve my ospoken English to absolute fluency.
Just read novels or anything written in English..
Within a year you would be surprised at yourself...
My years in junior secondary school,all I could speak was Yoruba,I never for onced met anyone in an English conversation,I wasn't even conscious of the language..
I gained mastery by reading novels,articles and science reviews everyday,gaining those knowledge boosted my self esteem because without it,even after reading vigorously,you would stutter in public..

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Unizik Admission List / Private Universities In Nigeria / Spiritual Benefits Of Alligator Pepper

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.