Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,443 members, 7,816,020 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:37 PM

Family Land: My Step elder Brother Wants The Survey Document To Bear His Name - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Family Land: My Step elder Brother Wants The Survey Document To Bear His Name (13925 Views)

I Don't Want My Son To Bear My Surname. Could This Be Possible? / My Younger Brother Wants To Finance My Wedding. / He Got My Sister Pregnant, Rejected It, Now He Wants The Child 16 Years After (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Family Land: My Step elder Brother Wants The Survey Document To Bear His Name by Karemarealty288(m): 5:40pm On Oct 16, 2021
Survey can carry more than one name.
Re: Family Land: My Step elder Brother Wants The Survey Document To Bear His Name by EndBuhariNow(m): 5:47pm On Oct 16, 2021
PeaceJoyLove:

Your advice sound logical, but still not for one reason. Why the stress on the first son? Are the other children worthless?

What pains me most is that the useless boy mention 5 boys for the 1st wife and 3 boys for the second wife.. what about the girls? Oh! Only boys should share? If he doesnt recognise the girls, then I will ne the first to make sure the first son cheats him too. He is as guilty as the first son. I know with 100% assurance if he was the 1st son, he would do worse. So, I dont pity the useless boy. Shame on him. Shame on all cultures that dont value women. You people should be ashamed of the so called first son rubbish. Rubbish over rubbish.. shame on you all.

First son indeed. Rubbish..
until women start thinking straight and be relevant to themselves instead of whom to cheat to get iPhone and make-up, then we will start taking them serious and including them in the sharing , a person who can not develop herself, how are we sure she will develop properties left for her ... average Nigeria ladies don't think straight... anyway the boy is fighting for his brothers not only for his own personal interest
Re: Family Land: My Step elder Brother Wants The Survey Document To Bear His Name by emonis88: 5:49pm On Oct 16, 2021
Don't, don't, I mean, don't ever allow such,if he wants a survey with his name he should go n buy his own, tomorrow na war btw u people n his sons o!
Re: Family Land: My Step elder Brother Wants The Survey Document To Bear His Name by EndBuhariNow(m): 5:49pm On Oct 16, 2021
AngelicBeing:
Hahaha, this is called, cunning man died, cunning man bury am, sense no go kill you grin
no be cunning man oooo... nah wetin we called, the end justify the means

1 Like

Re: Family Land: My Step elder Brother Wants The Survey Document To Bear His Name by Emeguy(m): 5:51pm On Oct 16, 2021
temitope27:
there is nothing like culture or tradition again, we are all under the law of the federal republic of Nigeria
My friend before the feredal law there was orthodox law, (customary court) well recognize in Nigeria, bro's there are no illegitimate children, but illegitimate wife, Nigeria is not a Sharia nation, no legally married second wife in court, ask ur lawyer, I smell greed among Brother, in case u are not ok with the arrangement, ask the elders to intervene, probably share the land, he will still have the largest share, as the elder son, u are lucky not be from my region, first son take all, no doubt
Re: Family Land: My Step elder Brother Wants The Survey Document To Bear His Name by Emmzi(m): 5:51pm On Oct 16, 2021
Bro, get a deed of partition from the court since its a family land, get a lawyer draft one for the family. Deed of partition will share the land amongst each of you, that way every one has his own land...then each person can do a survey with his own name of his own portion of land.
Re: Family Land: My Step elder Brother Wants The Survey Document To Bear His Name by Raxxye(m): 5:53pm On Oct 16, 2021
He's not your step brother since he's your father's son; he's your half brother.

Half brother is when you share one of the parents- mother or father.
Step brother, on the other hand is a relationship in which your mother is currently married to his dad or your father is currently married to his mother. In this case you two are really not related by blood!
Re: Family Land: My Step elder Brother Wants The Survey Document To Bear His Name by Nobody: 5:55pm On Oct 16, 2021
EndBuhariNow:
until women start thinking straight and be relevant to themselves instead of whom to cheat to get iPhone and make-up, then we will start taking them serious and including them in the sharing , a person who can not develop herself, how are we sure she will develop properties left for her ... average Nigeria ladies don't think straight... anyway the boy is fighting for his brothers not only for his own personal interest
Bro, we arent talking about two people in love. We are talking about siblings. Equality in the family. Come on guy?

Dont ever mention me again. And I pray if your papa has any property, the first son will cheat you. You no well at all. Stop disrespecting women.
Re: Family Land: My Step elder Brother Wants The Survey Document To Bear His Name by Nobody: 5:57pm On Oct 16, 2021
babaolofin:

You say Sharia will likely recognize polygamy which means you are not sure, then, you don't know what is happening in other states.
Then, educate us what is going-on in other states since you know it. We dey read..
Re: Family Land: My Step elder Brother Wants The Survey Document To Bear His Name by Amadi84: 6:01pm On Oct 16, 2021
You guys should share the properties at once. He can now survey his own and put his name on it.

Do not allow him do what you complained about.
First sons atimes are crazy.
Re: Family Land: My Step elder Brother Wants The Survey Document To Bear His Name by noblemuk: 6:03pm On Oct 16, 2021
My Advice,

I advise you based on my experience as a real estate developer. Your brother may mean well but not know the best way to handle the situation.

My Advice, register a company where you all are directors. Use the company name to proces the survey and all other documents. This will give you all, equal power to weild decisions on the property as long as you all own same shares in the company. If there would be a sharing formular then a share holders agreement can tidy that up.

Regards.

Eleken:
My late dad's land... my step elder brother wants to carry land survey on the property and he want the documents to carry his name...

The first son... 5 boys from his mother side and 3 boys from my mother side.

The document bearing his name, the right approach?

He's the first son of my dad.
Is there any cause for alarm..?
My mum just called now to inform me about it.

Mod help me please.. Lawyers in the house please.
What are the right approach to go about this.
Thanks...
Re: Family Land: My Step elder Brother Wants The Survey Document To Bear His Name by ThinkSmarter: 6:11pm On Oct 16, 2021
dominique:

Two women can't be legally married to one man, one marriage will not be recognized by the law. Did your father not leave a will? If your eldest brother was a responsible person, he ought to have liquidated the property and shared it amongst you all regardless of gender. If he's the very greedy type, just remove your hands from the property. Perops like that can go extra lengths to make sure you don't stop him from claiming the property.
U re drunk in christian religion.
the law recognises polygamous marriage.

1 Like

Re: Family Land: My Step elder Brother Wants The Survey Document To Bear His Name by ciencee(m): 6:25pm On Oct 16, 2021
habsydiamond:
If you guys allow him put his name on it... It is as if u have all given the land to him.. If u take him to court he will win since his name is on the document as the owner. Best leave ur father's name there so as to be on the safer side
Op, this is the best advice you need,
Either you people surveys the land in your father's Name, or the land is divided into two, so that you people in your mother's side will decide what to do with your portion.
Re: Family Land: My Step elder Brother Wants The Survey Document To Bear His Name by byteem: 6:27pm On Oct 16, 2021
Eleken:
My late dad's land... my step elder brother wants to carry land survey on the property and he want the documents to carry his name...

The first son... 5 boys from his mother side and 3 boys from my mother side.

The document bearing his name, the right approach?

He's the first son of my dad.
Is there any cause for alarm..?
My mum just called now to inform me about it.

Mod help me please.. Lawyers in the house please.
What are the right approach to go about this.
Thanks...

No it should be your family name with due representatives. He can be the head of the family as first son if there is no older person.. but not in his name
Re: Family Land: My Step elder Brother Wants The Survey Document To Bear His Name by numericalguy(m): 6:28pm On Oct 16, 2021
Crochet:
He is the first son dude his decision stand.

Stop being dvmbb. It is a family decision and if he insists on being unruly, the courts will jail him.

Be guided
Re: Family Land: My Step elder Brother Wants The Survey Document To Bear His Name by temitope27(m): 6:33pm On Oct 16, 2021
Emeguy:

My friend before the feredal law there was orthodox law, (customary court) well recognize in Nigeria, bro's there are no illegitimate children, but illegitimate wife, Nigeria is not a Sharia nation, no legally married second wife in court, ask ur lawyer, I smell greed among Brother, in case u are not ok with the arrangement, ask the elders to intervene, probably share the land, he will still have the largest share, as the elder son, u are lucky not be from my region, first son take all, no doubt
thou in Yoruba culture especially we akure people, properties are shared equally among the children even women get equal, properties are not shared to wives except if her children are not matured enough
Re: Family Land: My Step elder Brother Wants The Survey Document To Bear His Name by StUriah(m): 6:38pm On Oct 16, 2021
Let the family engage the services of a lawyer and instruct him to prepare a legal document with the family name or with the name of the deceased father. On the document, all the children's names must appear as SIGNATORIES and everyone should append it as stakeholders.

For example, the document can be named as:

Mr. Bobrisky J.Brown's Estate(s)

or

Toto Tiwa's Descendants' Properties.

Once signed and a Notary Public stamp is placed on it, the document becomes legally binding.

Next is to publicise in the Media as a way of notifying the general public. Then, that document can be used for whatever you intended to use it for, be it survey, leasing, or outright sale.
Re: Family Land: My Step elder Brother Wants The Survey Document To Bear His Name by Crochet: 6:48pm On Oct 16, 2021
Keep quiet and watch your tongue, do u think you are talking to your age mate, be guided and let this be the first and last you would use such tone. Be warned!
numericalguy:

Stop being dvmbb. It is a family decision and if he insists on being unruly, the courts will jail him.

Be guided
Re: Family Land: My Step elder Brother Wants The Survey Document To Bear His Name by Xbs1: 7:24pm On Oct 16, 2021
Hmmmm
Re: Family Land: My Step elder Brother Wants The Survey Document To Bear His Name by Housing(m): 7:31pm On Oct 16, 2021
dominique:
It all boils down to culture and tradition, if the tradition in where you come from states that the first son has rights to the property, you won't be able to fight this. Don't you have sisters from your mother or step mum? They don't matter abi? If you have sisters and you don't see anything wrong in excluding them from the property, them you shouldn't be too upset that your older brother wants to exclude you from same property.

Please always restraint from given I'll advise. If you don't know much about a Topic it is not compulsory to comment or contribute. I use to respect your moniker a lot but uninformed comment in the recent time proof otherwise.
NB: If you know you belong to a polygamous bsetting, just carry your eyes away from father's property and hustle to acquire your own property. A lot of people are in their untimely graves because they were dragging piece of land or one small bungalow with siblings.

Addendum: Some culture excludes female children from benefiting from their fathers inheritance, but the Supreme court has invalidated that. So how will first son be the sole or major beneficiary to the detriment of others simply because of a culture that doesn't promote equity and justice.
Re: Family Land: My Step elder Brother Wants The Survey Document To Bear His Name by MummyD2020(f): 7:41pm On Oct 16, 2021
Eleken:
We are not fighting over the Land.
He's not in the country.. he called me few days ago.. that there's need to conduct survey on our dad's property in which all of us obliged. The process kicked off today. Dunno what prompted my mum to asked the surveyor the document will bear which name. The man said what came out of his mouth.

Long story aside we have sorted it out.. the document bears my late dad's name.

For monika that talked about tradition, we don't do that. Every son of the soil have share on his father's property.

The Thread now is for inexperienced like me to learn.

Bye everyone

Daughter nko?
Re: Family Land: My Step elder Brother Wants The Survey Document To Bear His Name by Uguruzik(m): 7:41pm On Oct 16, 2021
Its very wrong, it must not bear his name alone
Re: Family Land: My Step elder Brother Wants The Survey Document To Bear His Name by MummyD2020(f): 7:43pm On Oct 16, 2021
The guy is not ashamed? If he is doing well in abroad, he will not be after whose name is on the property. Greedy people
Re: Family Land: My Step elder Brother Wants The Survey Document To Bear His Name by numericalguy(m): 8:02pm On Oct 16, 2021
Crochet:
Keep quiet and watch your tongue, do u think you are talking to your age mate, be guided and let this be the first and last you would use such tone. Be warned!

I can't count how many f00lish wannabe thugs like you I have thrown behind bars.

You are all the same. Very st00peed and very very ignorant.

Be guided.
Re: Family Land: My Step elder Brother Wants The Survey Document To Bear His Name by Crochet: 8:17pm On Oct 16, 2021
Don't make me pick you up, for the last time watch your tongue, I belive you Dont know the person you are exchanging words with becareful. I wont warn you again.
numericalguy:

I can't count how many f00lish wannabe thugs like you I have thrown behind bars.

You are all the same. Very st00peed and very very ignorant.

Be guided.
Re: Family Land: My Step elder Brother Wants The Survey Document To Bear His Name by numericalguy(m): 8:40pm On Oct 16, 2021
Crochet:
Don't make me pick you up, for the last time watch your tongue, I belive you Dont know the person you are exchanging words with becareful. I wont warn you again.

Mr pick up, please pick me up.
Re: Family Land: My Step elder Brother Wants The Survey Document To Bear His Name by EndBuhariNow(m): 8:40pm On Oct 16, 2021
PeaceJoyLove:

Bro, we arent talking about two people in love. We are talking about siblings. Equality in the family. Come on guy?

Dont ever mention me again. And I pray if your papa has any property, the first son will cheat you. You no well at all. Stop disrespecting women.
how is the first son going to cheat me when I have even bought enough land that will even go my ground children round ... I don't need family properties
Re: Family Land: My Step elder Brother Wants The Survey Document To Bear His Name by Oladecent: 8:52pm On Oct 16, 2021
All you need is court order ASAP before he puts his intentions into action. I can do that for you �‍⚖️ 08060473437.
Re: Family Land: My Step elder Brother Wants The Survey Document To Bear His Name by soloehis(m): 8:55pm On Oct 16, 2021
Share the land among ur selfs first and survey it with a layout showing every one portion
Re: Family Land: My Step elder Brother Wants The Survey Document To Bear His Name by Primusinterpares(m): 9:06pm On Oct 16, 2021
numericalguy:

Another liar.

If the courts finds out that he fraudulently put his name on the documents, not only will the court reverse it, he could risk jail time sef.
barrister kindly explain.
Are you saying if a legal document is presented before the court. Someone can challenge that and provide proof that those docs were fake and the court will judge in favor of the other?
Re: Family Land: My Step elder Brother Wants The Survey Document To Bear His Name by numericalguy(m): 9:15pm On Oct 16, 2021
Primusinterpares:
barrister kindly explain.
Are you saying if a legal document is presented before the court. Someone can challenge that and provide proof that those docs were fake and the court will judge in favor of the other?

Not only will the judge rule in his favour. The judge can further direct the IGP to arrest and prosecute the fraudulent land grabber.

Trying to steal family properties has sent many to jail. Don't try it except if those involved don't know their rights.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Revive The Habit Of Self-sufficiency- For Every Nigerian Woman/girl / Couples Attending Different Churches,is It Wise? / Baby Prefers Home-made Goat Milk Formula To Breast Milk

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.