Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,302 members, 7,954,197 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 02:03 PM

Family Land: My Step elder Brother Wants The Survey Document To Bear His Name - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Family Land: My Step elder Brother Wants The Survey Document To Bear His Name (14253 Views)

I Don't Want My Son To Bear My Surname. Could This Be Possible? / My Younger Brother Wants To Finance My Wedding. / He Got My Sister Pregnant, Rejected It, Now He Wants The Child 16 Years After (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Family Land: My Step elder Brother Wants The Survey Document To Bear His Name by Berezuski: 9:20pm On Oct 16, 2021
Which name.
No allow that kind nonsense o
Re: Family Land: My Step elder Brother Wants The Survey Document To Bear His Name by Primusinterpares(m): 9:21pm On Oct 16, 2021
numericalguy:

Not only will the judge rule in his favour. The judge can further direct the IGP to arrest and prosecute the fraudulent land grabber.

Trying to steal family properties has sent many to jail. Don't try it except if those involved don't know their rights.

This information is powerful.
Thanks.
Re: Family Land: My Step elder Brother Wants The Survey Document To Bear His Name by Mccullum: 9:32pm On Oct 16, 2021
Crochet:
He might be ur step brother but he is the first son. So respect him but on the other hand changing ur dad name to his own name that I don't support. But note that he has the right to sell the land and equally share it amongst you guys, but as per tradition I dont know if the ladies re entitled to any of their father properties.

Two women can be recognized as legal wives, if it's traditional wedding or religion wedding which Nigeria law granted. Except if it's a wedding that's registry that also known as court wedding with government and that means, only one man, one wife.. If not, it's allow.
Re: Family Land: My Step elder Brother Wants The Survey Document To Bear His Name by Pumpumking: 10:11pm On Oct 16, 2021
MummyD2020:
The guy is not ashamed? If he is doing well in abroad, he will not be after whose name is on the property. Greedy people

^^^story
hello pleaise can u describe yor sef from waist down ward. I like to get to no u. Are u free & do u want moiney pleiase? smiley
Re: Family Land: My Step elder Brother Wants The Survey Document To Bear His Name by KeleGod1(m): 11:43pm On Oct 16, 2021
...quote author=habsydiamond post=106786553]If you guys allow him put his name on it... It is as if u have all given the land to him.. If u take him to court he will win since his name is on the document as the owner. Best leave ur father's name there so as to be on the safer side [/quote]
Re: Family Land: My Step elder Brother Wants The Survey Document To Bear His Name by TheMostComplex1: 11:43pm On Oct 16, 2021
Crochet:
He might be ur step brother but he is the first son. So respect him but on the other hand changing ur dad name to his own name that I don't support. But note that he has the right to sell the land and equally share it amongst you guys, but as per tradition I dont know if the ladies re entitled to any of their father properties.

By law ladies are entitled to family inheritance
Re: Family Land: My Step elder Brother Wants The Survey Document To Bear His Name by berrystunn(m): 12:04am On Oct 17, 2021
Eleken:
My late dad's land... my step elder brother wants to carry land survey on the property and he want the documents to carry his name...

The first son... 5 boys from his mother side and 3 boys from my mother side.

The document bearing his name, the right approach?

He's the first son of my dad.
Is there any cause for alarm..?
My mum just called now to inform me about it.

Mod help me please.. Lawyers in the house please.
What are the right approach to go about this.
Thanks...

The land should be shared into 2 him and his brother and the you and your brothers.

Then he can go ahead to put his name on there own share. .

Call for family meeting urgent
Re: Family Land: My Step elder Brother Wants The Survey Document To Bear His Name by redsun(m): 12:44am On Oct 17, 2021
byrron:

By this medieval assertions, it simply means that traditions now overrides judicial decisions and the court's are now inferior and lacks jurisdiction to entertain and adjudicate matter's of this nature.

No wonder, the word "ignorant and layman" are frequently used in law lectures because of thoughts like the one expounded above do really exist but such thoughts and ideologies gets demystified before a judge.

How can there be jurisdictions in a structureless and lawless country? You muderfuckers just copy oyinbos laws foolishly; their judicial escapades, trickery, treacheries and binding precedents that started at the time of Norman invasion of England, without having a clue of what law and order means.

That is why you wear woolly wigs and bogus gowns in the scorching heat like caricatures of the masters. Laws emanates from their immediate environment and it's what maintains morals, ethics, standards, sanity, wheel of progress, order and peace in society. It's not something you copy from a different environment and culture.
Re: Family Land: My Step elder Brother Wants The Survey Document To Bear His Name by Nobody: 1:47am On Oct 17, 2021
redsun:

[s]How can there be jurisdictions in a structureless and lawless country? You muderfuckers just copy oyinbos laws foolishly; their judicial escapades, trickery, treacheries and binding precedents that started at the time of Norman invasion of England, without having a clue of what law and order means.

That is why you wear woolly wigs and bogus gowns in the scorching heat like caricatures of the masters. Laws emanates from their immediate environment and it's what maintains morals, ethics, standards, sanity, wheel of progress, order and peace in society. It's not something you copy from a different environment and culture[/s].

SENSELESS
Re: Family Land: My Step elder Brother Wants The Survey Document To Bear His Name by calcal: 4:02am On Oct 17, 2021
Do not fight for property ooo! one of you will perish just now. continue to struggle to get yours, GOD will help you.
Re: Family Land: My Step elder Brother Wants The Survey Document To Bear His Name by armyofone(m): 4:06am On Oct 17, 2021
Is trouble not loading ? - he is not in the country says you eh.

He has upper hand in building or developing the land prolly. So watch out. You mama has heard, seen or suspected something. You all be careful.

Eleken:
We are not fighting over the Land.
He's not in the country.. he called me few days ago.. that there's need to conduct survey on our dad's property in which all of us obliged. The process kicked off today. Dunno what prompted my mum to asked the surveyor the document will bear which name. The man said what came out of his mouth.

Long story aside we have sorted it out.. the document bears my late dad's name.

For monika that talked about tradition, we don't do that. Every son of the soil have share on his father's property.

The Thread now is for inexperienced like me to learn.

Bye everyone
Re: Family Land: My Step elder Brother Wants The Survey Document To Bear His Name by ini4brandon(m): 4:30am On Oct 17, 2021
Don't let him try it. My friend lost Thier dad's land in a high brow part of Uyo under similar circumstances. The elderly dad gave the first son money to survey the land, unknown to his siblings, he used his own name in the papers. Eventually, after thier parents died, he secretly sold off the property and used the proceeds to live posh with his wife and kids. In the process the seeds of a generational rift was sown.
Re: Family Land: My Step elder Brother Wants The Survey Document To Bear His Name by frozen70(f): 6:15am On Oct 17, 2021
Eleken:
RoyalRoy help me push this to front page.
They will start the process any moment from now

It's not necessary because the land belongs to your father, which now belongs to all of you

Putting his name their means that, it belongs to him and he can sell the land with out you guys approval

That land should rather be sold than allowing it to cause trouble
. But pls if they insist, so far is just a piece of land, tell your mum to forget it, let them, his own siblings from, who are your steps fight and kill themselves there

God will provide for you and your siblings, you will have money to buy yours
Re: Family Land: My Step elder Brother Wants The Survey Document To Bear His Name by sisisioge: 6:21am On Oct 17, 2021
Why are you still surveying the land. Sell alreafy biko.
Re: Family Land: My Step elder Brother Wants The Survey Document To Bear His Name by Jackossky(m): 8:41am On Oct 17, 2021
I have told myself never to be involved in any land brouhaha. Just for 4 feets of land, many lives could be sent to Oblivion.
Land that one can buy in few years time, you shouldn't even see your dad's land as a prized posession.
To the op, you know that your mum is the second --legally married - wife, you should bear in mind that the first-wife son ( Even an heir at that) has a 'bigger' right to the land. Well, the family owns the land.

From the way you spoke, if I was the elder brother, I will sell the land and share the money equally. Your faction seems to distrust him

Maybe that's one thing my younger ones would enjoy from me, all family heirloom/properties would be left in their care. I hate when something ties me down.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Rotimi Olowo Supports Mother Of Triplets Whose Husband Fled / What Will You Do If Your Partner Is A Chronic Liar? / My Fiancee Had An Affair With Her Business Partner

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.