Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,044 members, 7,818,140 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:48 AM

My Uncle Has Decided To End His Marriage Of 30 Years - Family (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Uncle Has Decided To End His Marriage Of 30 Years (57756 Views)

Why Do Marriage Of Uneducated Couples Last Longer Than The Educated Ones? / My Marriage Of 10 Months Is Gradually Crashing / Man To End Marriage Of 16 Years With His Wife After Discovering Her Real Age (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Uncle Has Decided To End His Marriage Of 30 Years by Nobody: 10:31pm On Oct 17, 2021
He may be privy to an evil plot from the woman. You know he had just retired the woman may be after his gratuity. I've heard very sorry story of men that died mysteriously moment they get their gratuity.
Re: My Uncle Has Decided To End His Marriage Of 30 Years by medriano: 10:34pm On Oct 17, 2021
SMH

An average Igbo lady lacks good manners...discard her like a sachet of water...after all, you don chop her for a good 30 years so by now, she will be as empty as dry cassava.

There are so many young ladies out there that will give you value for your money...they have good cunt, boobs, and butts [/quote
Re: My Uncle Has Decided To End His Marriage Of 30 Years by Saintmary(f): 10:49pm On Oct 17, 2021
Boss13:

The man married the woman and she bears his last name. It was his decision and so if he regrets it, he can undo the decision.

I don't have time to educate minors tonight.

Come back when you grow up abeg
Re: My Uncle Has Decided To End His Marriage Of 30 Years by Saintmary(f): 10:51pm On Oct 17, 2021
WhatCanIsay:

You are confusing the stories. The Op didn't tell us that his children are against him.

What you suspect is not the reality too, or else the Op tells us otherwise.

How sure are you that he filed for the divorce on a whim? What of the possibility that he has been thinking of it for long before finally growing some balls?

A lot of conjectures. Personally, peace of mind matters for both gender, it's not male or female exclusive. If someone wants out after trying all possible means of reconciliation, let the person have his or her way. It's difficult for both parties but letting go at times is the best option.

Like I said, it's all speculation. No one knows the real truth save for the hubby and wifey.
Re: My Uncle Has Decided To End His Marriage Of 30 Years by Noblewealth(m): 11:09pm On Oct 17, 2021
This is when he want to enjoy his sweat to the fullest and doesn't needs any disturbance...

Me wey never marry the kind wahala wey my girlfriend of 3 years dey give me, don dey give me rethink...

All we all crave for is PEACE..
Re: My Uncle Has Decided To End His Marriage Of 30 Years by Prettychild(f): 11:10pm On Oct 17, 2021
brownemmanuel43:

This is a very stupid comment
It’s stupid to you because you don’t know the gravity of what is at stake. He didn’t divorce her since when she was younger and another person that likes her like that will go for her, it’s after 30 years when she is already nursing grand children. What makes him think that the lady he is eyeing will be better?
Re: My Uncle Has Decided To End His Marriage Of 30 Years by Mybrotheralso: 11:24pm On Oct 17, 2021
Conpat:

This is happening in my own family right now. My mother was always telling my older brother that our father's house was his own.She will say things like do you want to spoil the kitchen sink and block the drainage system, don't you know this house is yours.

My mother was always talking with my older brother in private and filling his head with only god knows what.My brother will misbehave and when confronted he will fight with my older sisters and be saying things like do and go marry, this is not your house. You have married, go to your husband's house I don't know what you are looking for here

Today he is over 40 and still living in our father's house with our parents. My father was telling me that to even buy bread or gas in the house he does not, yet he works. I think he is waiting for the day our father will die so the house can go to him like he has was told over the years.My father has never said anything about the house being his own or talked about a will or inheritance, but mother and son since decided who is getting the house.

I like my mother she is honestly not a bad person just flawed but this thing you have talked about is so real and I don't know if some mothers do it knowingly or unknowingly. She has now seen how her 2 male children are useless and not helpful, last month I sent her some money and she was thanking and blessing me saying it is we the female children that are actually helpful. I said to myself so it is now you know.

I pray I don't make the same mistakes with my own sons. Me and my sisters want to put money together to renovate the house for our parents comfort but one is not very interested and she has been asking, why should we spend money renovating a house for our brother to come and inherit. He is not even the first born child.

Sorry for the long talk, your post just triggered me to talk. I also support what you said on another thread about training children to be independent and responsible enough to hustle their success instead of fighting over inheritance and fathers properties. I have noticed that it is mainly male children who do this dragging of inheritance and fighting for property
Check my thread, we have similar problem with our first son

1 Like

Re: My Uncle Has Decided To End His Marriage Of 30 Years by aspabay(m): 11:40pm On Oct 17, 2021
Xj2020:
He is a very principled man. Very religious and doesn't play with his God been a devoted Muslim. Extremely rich and bless with four grown up children with the second of his children getting married in a month time.

He retired from the bank 2 years ago having risen to the pinnacle of his career in the banking industry having served in different capacities for almost 35 years.

Yes, the wife is uncultured and ill-mannered. He knows already and has been managing her all these years.

He is presently in court seeking to divorce his wife and has vowed that nothing would stop him from divorcing his wife.

My question is what could possibly make a man thrown in the towel and walk out of his marriage after so many years together?

I will like to know.

You called the wife 'Uncultured and ill-mannered' and still asking us what will make a man divorce his wife? Na wá for you oo
Re: My Uncle Has Decided To End His Marriage Of 30 Years by Ebookherbs(m): 12:24am On Oct 18, 2021
obi cubana made his money from luxury hotels and selling of drinks...

but i really want to start mine with one everyday sharp food commodity....

food stuffs sells faster but nothing sells even more faster than grounded pepper....
we all needs it to cook all our foods.

my fellow nairalanders please who can teach me on how to start up this grounded pepper business here in Nigeria?

i really want to startup this business and be supplying in bulk to market women and road side raw food sellers...

grounded pepper can be used to cook all delicacy of foods

so please who can help me with any idea on how to start it...

will be starting with just 1 paint of pepper for trial just to see how it goes

please you guys should advice me on how to start it...

your opinions are needed here

thanks....
Re: My Uncle Has Decided To End His Marriage Of 30 Years by riches4me(m): 12:38am On Oct 18, 2021
I will continue to say it. Court marriage certificate should carry an validity date of five years. After it couples should renew.
Re: My Uncle Has Decided To End His Marriage Of 30 Years by SweetiliciousD: 12:41am On Oct 18, 2021
pocohantas:

Sad one. Are the kids bewitched or do they know something we don’t know? How can all his MALE SONS be this useless?

..... The kids were bought over by their Mum.

What those vagina people can't do does not exist.
Re: My Uncle Has Decided To End His Marriage Of 30 Years by numericalguy(m): 12:45am On Oct 18, 2021
Mrkumareze:

Grown children re involved, divorcing her is an insult to the children .. Since the man is rich, getting the wife a separate house would be a good idea..
The man ran away from reality all dis while, now he's beginning to face it..

So the man should die early because he doesn't want the grown children to feel insulted abi
Re: My Uncle Has Decided To End His Marriage Of 30 Years by Nobody: 12:55am On Oct 18, 2021
sisisioge:

He seek peace now that he is retired and likely to spend more time at home. Back in the days, he could easily escape to work while she does her wahala but now that his bones are growing tired and not able to easily escape, he needs to find someone who understands the importance of peaceful cohabitation or close shop on company.

By the way, it's not a gender monopoly, we all want peace now and always. I had some encounter with a fighting couple some 2 days ago and was scared to my marrow. Na real wa....why are people fighting biko! Whew!
Great writeup
Re: My Uncle Has Decided To End His Marriage Of 30 Years by bepositive11: 1:55am On Oct 18, 2021
Xj2020:
He is a very principled man. Very religious and doesn't play with his God been a devoted Muslim. Extremely rich and bless with four grown up children with the second of his children getting married in a month time.

He retired from the bank 2 years ago having risen to the pinnacle of his career in the banking industry having served in different capacities for almost 35 years.

Yes, the wife is uncultured and ill-mannered. He knows already and has been managing her all these years.

He is presently in court seeking to divorce his wife and has vowed that nothing would stop him from divorcing his wife.

My question is what could possibly make a man thrown in the towel and walk out of his marriage after so many years together?

I will like to know.

As someone else has pointed out, you yourself answered your own question. He can no longer take it

I just want to also point out that by managing her behaviour, your uncle made her more comfortable with her bad behaviour. From the get go, he should have drawn the line and told her to behave well or she's out. That would've made her correct her behaviour

Did your uncle even date her before they got married? I wonder if he knew about her bad behaviours before they got married

1 Like

Re: My Uncle Has Decided To End His Marriage Of 30 Years by Karnice600: 2:31am On Oct 18, 2021
You just said he's a muslim, so its no big deal. He'll definitely remarry several more to cover up for this one. It could be infidelity matters, most likely. Some men are so principled that they even follow due legal processes to kill. I smell infidelity.
Re: My Uncle Has Decided To End His Marriage Of 30 Years by bigcasava1(m): 2:41am On Oct 18, 2021
Xj2020:

I will like to know.
when you get there u will know. The man don't want to die early considering now he has retired from his job. He needs to shed off anytin that can kill him early.
Re: My Uncle Has Decided To End His Marriage Of 30 Years by Mraphel: 2:44am On Oct 18, 2021
Sonnobax15:
lipsrsealed
The same thing is currently happening to my uncle..To the extent that he even wanted to sell one of his duplex but his children and wife collaborated and even had to beat my uncle to coma....... imagine father wey send all him four out of 5 sons to go and study for the U.K.......
My uncle is currently filing for divorce at this moment,but the woman dey vow say if my uncle venture leave her,say my uncle go see pepper....
In this case ur uncle is at fault
Re: My Uncle Has Decided To End His Marriage Of 30 Years by moshino(m): 3:53am On Oct 18, 2021
Xj2020:

I will like to know.

This is a question you should've asked your uncle.
Re: My Uncle Has Decided To End His Marriage Of 30 Years by philus66(m): 5:31am On Oct 18, 2021
Xj2020:

He retired from the bank 2 years ago having risen to the pinnacle of his career in the banking industry having served in different capacities for almost 35 years

I will like to know.

Maybe it has been 30 years of endurance..
Re: My Uncle Has Decided To End His Marriage Of 30 Years by Taiwo20(m): 5:40am On Oct 18, 2021
All these years, his job was the hideout. He goes to work early and comes back late. Now that he's retired he has to face the woman from morning to night.

And Baba doesn't really have a social life what do you expect.

Xj2020:

I will like to know.
Re: My Uncle Has Decided To End His Marriage Of 30 Years by brownemmanuel43(m): 6:40am On Oct 18, 2021
Prettychild:

It’s stupid to you because you don’t know the gravity of what is at stake. He didn’t divorce her since when she was younger and another person that likes her like that will go for her, it’s after 30 years when she is already nursing grand children. What makes him think that the lady he is eyeing will be better?
This sounds so selfish to me, u didn't care for the uncle's peace of mind rather u are only looking at the angle and selfishness of the woman.
Uncle endured her attitudes bcs all this while, he had being going to work, so there was no room then for the uncle to be exchanging words with her. But now that baba retired, all he really need now is peace of mind before be can join his ancestors.
Re: My Uncle Has Decided To End His Marriage Of 30 Years by Joydan95: 6:42am On Oct 18, 2021
brownemmanuel43:

U sounds so stupid
That was exactly how your mum felt after giving birth to you, cow. And to even think that you are not the Op to give me such reply, I distribute the stupidity to all your worthless generations and loins .
Re: My Uncle Has Decided To End His Marriage Of 30 Years by brownemmanuel43(m): 6:49am On Oct 18, 2021
Oracleforce:

An average Igbo lady lacks good manners...discard her like a sachet of water...after all, you don chop her for a good 30 years so by now, she will be as empty as dry cassava.

There are so many young ladies out there that will give you value for your money...they have good cunt, boobs, and butts
HV u seen where your stupid has landed u. The uncle is an afonja but bcs of owo mi da, u won't read
Re: My Uncle Has Decided To End His Marriage Of 30 Years by brownemmanuel43(m): 6:58am On Oct 18, 2021
Joydan95:

That was exactly how your mum felt after giving birth to you, cow. And to even think that you are not the Op to give me such reply, I distribute the stupidity to all your worthless generations and loins .
My only pity is the young man that married u, bcs I know the hell your husband is going through in his marriage. Greet him for me before sending him to his ancestors
Re: My Uncle Has Decided To End His Marriage Of 30 Years by HRMK: 7:09am On Oct 18, 2021
SIMPLE!A BETTER ALTERNATIVE AT THE CORNER!A SIDECHICK!!
Re: My Uncle Has Decided To End His Marriage Of 30 Years by Realtonytonero: 7:26am On Oct 18, 2021
The man used work as an escape from reality at home. Now he is retired, he finds out he can't spend his remaining years in bondage
Re: My Uncle Has Decided To End His Marriage Of 30 Years by gabicon: 7:58am On Oct 18, 2021
Xj2020:

I will like to know.

Let me just drop some quotes to explain the situation your Uncle is presently in.

“A quarrelsome wife is like a constant dripping.” Proverbs 19:13

“Better to live on a corner of the roof than share a house with a quarrelsome wife.” Proverbs 21:9

“Better to live in a desert than with a quarrelsome and ill tempered wife.” Proverbs 21:19

If we go by the last quote, your uncle choose the desert to living with his wife. The pain full part of all this is that if they did seek professional help from a counselor or therapist earlier in the marriage, things will have been different, they both will have enjoyed their marriage. A little digging into the life and past of his wife will reveal the root cause of the challenge, once the root cause is fixed the problem goes away. Unfortunately, Africans don't like to admit there is a problem not to talk of getting help early.
Re: My Uncle Has Decided To End His Marriage Of 30 Years by Godstime234: 7:59am On Oct 18, 2021
Na wa o
Re: My Uncle Has Decided To End His Marriage Of 30 Years by Hassanmaye(m): 8:02am On Oct 18, 2021
Sonnobax15:
grin Na real male sons indeed grin. But aunty Poco, there's nothing these sons know that my dad who's the closest man to their father don't know......The Problem all started when my uncle sat his wife down,and told her he want to sell one of his buildings (precisely the one in PH) so that he can use the money to build a house in his home town since he's already aging...But the wife didn't agree to his plan... Instead,she insisted on the fact that everything belongs to her children and my uncle shouldn't even dare sell any of his property cheesy

Imagine am na cheesy. Children wey about 3 out of the 5 dey do well..
Lol that gender
Re: My Uncle Has Decided To End His Marriage Of 30 Years by Joydan95: 8:32am On Oct 18, 2021
brownemmanuel43:

My only pity is the young man that married u, bcs I know the hell your husband is going through in his marriage. Greet him for me before sending him to his ancestors
He is enjoying heaven on earth
Re: My Uncle Has Decided To End His Marriage Of 30 Years by brownemmanuel43(m): 8:42am On Oct 18, 2021
Joydan95:

He is enjoying heaven on earth
U say hell on earth?
I know your type jare

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Wife Of One Month Jumps Fence After Her Husband Demanded For Her SIM Card / He Got My Sister Pregnant, Rejected It, Now He Wants The Child 16 Years After / Doctor Explain How Black Nigerian Couple Give Birth To White Baby

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.