Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,843 members, 7,810,254 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:43 AM

My Uncle Has Decided To End His Marriage Of 30 Years - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Uncle Has Decided To End His Marriage Of 30 Years (57709 Views)

Why Do Marriage Of Uneducated Couples Last Longer Than The Educated Ones? / My Marriage Of 10 Months Is Gradually Crashing / Man To End Marriage Of 16 Years With His Wife After Discovering Her Real Age (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Uncle Has Decided To End His Marriage Of 30 Years by olisefom: 6:11pm On Oct 17, 2021
There's a huge difference between going to work everyday till dawn and staying at home with an uncultured woman...these set of women don't respect closeness. The man must have been a good man though.

7 Likes

Re: My Uncle Has Decided To End His Marriage Of 30 Years by jcross19: 6:11pm On Oct 17, 2021
APCNig:

No, he has just be accommodating the uncouth woman because of his children. Now, the children are old and independent and do not need the support of a mother as such.
that's an excuse he needs...
Re: My Uncle Has Decided To End His Marriage Of 30 Years by newoffer: 6:11pm On Oct 17, 2021
[Na she go suffer. No pepe. I have a friend whose parents are separated but just stick to keep the kids stable some women are terrible.quote author=Sonnobax15 post=106810054] lipsrsealed
The same thing is currently happening to my uncle..To the extent that he even wanted to sell one of his duplex but his children and wife collaborated and even had to beat my uncle to coma....... imagine father wey send all him four out of 5 sons to go and study for the U.K.......
My uncle is currently filing for divorce at this moment,but the woman dey vow say if my uncle venture leave her,say my uncle go see pepper....[/quote]
Re: My Uncle Has Decided To End His Marriage Of 30 Years by pfadom: 6:12pm On Oct 17, 2021
Xj2020:

My question is what could possibly make a man throw in the towel and walk out of his marriage after so many years together?

I will like to know.

The answer to the question in bold letters is RETIREMENT.

While the man was in active service, he stayed mostly outside, enjoying the company of friends and associate to suppress the trauma of being married to a thorn in his flesh. But upon retirement, he's got to face the reality of his beloved wife especially now that the kids are grown-ups and are already on their own. He either face the problem and solve it now or run away from it through divorce.

He didn't see the character of the woman as any issue of concern in the past 35 years even though the nuclear and immediate extended may have raised concerns. He was either living in self-denial or simply felt unconcerned. He now has to spend most of his retirement life time the woman he didn't create time to work on.

Lessons for all.

5 Likes

Re: My Uncle Has Decided To End His Marriage Of 30 Years by Terrier99: 6:12pm On Oct 17, 2021
The woman thought she was indispensable because he tolerated her for long. grin

Let her go to Codedruns, she will see suitors there.
Re: My Uncle Has Decided To End His Marriage Of 30 Years by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 6:13pm On Oct 17, 2021
Conpat:

This is happening in my own family right now. My mother was always telling my older brother that our father's house was his own.She will say things like do you want to spoil the kitchen sink and block the drainage system, don't you know this house is yours.

My mother was always talking with my older brother in private and filling his head with only god knows what.My brother will misbehave and when confronted he will fight with my older sisters and be saying things like do and go marry, this is not your house. You have married, go to your husband's house I don't know what you are looking for here

Today he is over 40 and still living in our father's house with our parents. My father was telling me that to even buy bread or gas in the house he does not, yet he works. I think he is waiting for the day our father will die so the house can go to him like he has was told over the years.My father has never said anything about the house being his own or talked about a will or inheritance, but mother and son since decided who is getting the house.

I like my mother she is honestly not a bad person just flawed but this thing you have talked about is so real and I don't know if some mothers do it knowingly or unknowingly. She has now seen how her 2 male children are useless and not helpful, last month I sent her some money and she was thanking and blessing me saying it is we the female children that are actually helpful. I said to myself so it is now you know.

I pray I don't make the same mistakes with my own sons. Me and my sisters want to put money together to renovate the house for our parents comfort but one is not very interested and she has been asking, why should we spend money renovating a house for our brother to come and inherit. He is not even the first born child.

Sorry for the long talk, your post just triggered me to talk. I also support what you said on another thread about training children to be independent and responsible enough to hustle their success instead of fighting over inheritance and fathers properties. I have noticed that it is mainly male children who do this dragging of inheritance and fighting for property
Madam, thank you, thank you and thank you for sharing!

I thought what u described only happens in nollywood home movies

2 Likes

Re: My Uncle Has Decided To End His Marriage Of 30 Years by Oyiboman69: 6:13pm On Oct 17, 2021
pocohantas:

Sad one. Are the kids bewitched or do they know something we don’t know? How can all his MALE SONS be this useless?
bad woman will always turn your children against you...pray you're not bless with one,or else, your old age will be a disaster...

1 Like

Re: My Uncle Has Decided To End His Marriage Of 30 Years by Abujason: 6:13pm On Oct 17, 2021
Xj2020:
He is a very principled man. Very religious and doesn't play with his God been a devoted Muslim. Extremely rich and bless with four grown up children with the second of his children getting married in a month time.

He retired from the bank 2 years ago having risen to the pinnacle of his career in the banking industry having served in different capacities for almost 35 years.

Yes, the wife is uncultured and ill-mannered. He knows already and has been managing her all these years.

He is presently in court seeking to divorce his wife and has vowed that nothing would stop him from divorcing his wife.

My question is what could possibly make a man thrown in the towel and walk out of his marriage after so many years together?

I will like to know.

Yes na.
If the woman no fit allow you rest, then make everyone go answer him papa name na.
30 years means nothing. Life is too short for a man to be dealing with a nosy, suspicious and nagging woman.

1 Like

Re: My Uncle Has Decided To End His Marriage Of 30 Years by Abujaexpress: 6:15pm On Oct 17, 2021
Xj2020:
He is a very principled man. Very religious and doesn't play with his God been a devoted Muslim. Extremely rich and bless with four grown up children with the second of his children getting married in a month time.

He retired from the bank 2 years ago having risen to the pinnacle of his career in the banking industry having served in different capacities for almost 35 years.

Yes, the wife is uncultured and ill-mannered. He knows already and has been managing her all these years.

He is presently in court seeking to divorce his wife and has vowed that nothing would stop him from divorcing his wife.

My question is what could possibly make a man thrown in the towel and walk out of his marriage after so many years together?

I will like to know.
After 30 years of productive marriage!? Your uncle suddenly realised that he cannot tolerate the wife- who bore him 4 grown up children? Haba! The 30 years of "managing" the wife is longer than the the further years he will live with the woman as husband and wife.

Your uncle must have found another woman somewhere who has in one way or the other 'captured" his heart and changed his marital orientation towards his wife and the marriage.

If I were your uncle, I will tolerate the wife till death separate them.

4 Likes

Re: My Uncle Has Decided To End His Marriage Of 30 Years by humilitypays(m): 6:15pm On Oct 17, 2021
After 30 years of marriage, as a Nigerian couple, sex is dead already and buried, the only thing that unite couple at that age is children and shared ideologies like religion (religious activities and participations), etc.

Since the children are siding with their mother, it means the man and his wife have no other shared interest or bond to unite them cos sex had died years ago in that union, so I see no turning back.

The man should leave the woman alone and relocate somewhere and remarry a sweet sixteen babe to give him joy till he signs out of this hectic world cool

3 Likes

Re: My Uncle Has Decided To End His Marriage Of 30 Years by Herculex03(m): 6:16pm On Oct 17, 2021
One thing about this marriage thing no matter how much of a hard guy you are you must compromise one day
In conclusion marriage is not a profitable investment for a man
At the end of the day man wants to have kids what can he do about that

6 Likes

Re: My Uncle Has Decided To End His Marriage Of 30 Years by house10s: 6:16pm On Oct 17, 2021
Xj2020:

I will like to know.
to save his heart of hyper tension wire
Re: My Uncle Has Decided To End His Marriage Of 30 Years by dreality: 6:18pm On Oct 17, 2021
Only stupid men go to court to get married. Then, your most of your powers are handed over to the wife

1 Like

Re: My Uncle Has Decided To End His Marriage Of 30 Years by Atticusxsz(m): 6:18pm On Oct 17, 2021
Sonnobax15:
lipsrsealed
The same thing is currently happening to my uncle..To the extent that he even wanted to sell one of his duplex but his children and wife collaborated and even had to beat my uncle to coma....... imagine father wey send all him four out of 5 sons to go and study for the U.K.......
My uncle is currently filing for divorce at this moment,but the woman dey vow say if my uncle venture leave her,say my uncle go see pepper....

This your uncle matter na serious gbedu o! See pepper in this context is going extreme and even diabolical if need be. undecided
Re: My Uncle Has Decided To End His Marriage Of 30 Years by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 6:18pm On Oct 17, 2021
jimmychang:

Who serious go serious for life...I was told my dad's properties were mine since I can remember.I AM THE FIRST CHILD AND THE FIRST SON (MAD COMBO)grin. RIGHT NOW I DON'T GIVE A Bleep.I Just want to build my own from scratch.
are u sure grin?
Give me a proof

Are u presently living Spartan life or enjoyment life inspire u surrounded by wealth.
Re: My Uncle Has Decided To End His Marriage Of 30 Years by Eriokanmi: 6:19pm On Oct 17, 2021
Peace!
Re: My Uncle Has Decided To End His Marriage Of 30 Years by Sonnobax15(m): 6:19pm On Oct 17, 2021
Atticusxsz:

This your uncle matter na serious gbedu o! See pepper in this context is going extreme and even diabolical. undecided
Exactly...That diabolical part na true...you just hit the nail on the head..

1 Like

Re: My Uncle Has Decided To End His Marriage Of 30 Years by jaxxy(m): 6:19pm On Oct 17, 2021
Xj2020:

I will like to know.

Nobody wants to live under same roof with a nagging or terrible woman. It’s not rocket science. undecided

A bad attitude cannot hide it will always show its self and character. And yes it will only adds negative energy to everything it touches.

Nobody wants to deal with that all their life. Everybody deserves happiness/peace of mind and should seek it undecided

2 Likes

Re: My Uncle Has Decided To End His Marriage Of 30 Years by humilitypays(m): 6:20pm On Oct 17, 2021
Conpat:

This is happening in my own family right now. My mother was always telling my older brother that our father's house was his own.She will say things like do you want to spoil the kitchen sink and block the drainage system, don't you know this house is yours.

My mother was always talking with my older brother in private and filling his head with only god knows what.My brother will misbehave and when confronted he will fight with my older sisters and be saying things like do and go marry, this is not your house. You have married, go to your husband's house I don't know what you are looking for here

Today he is over 40 and still living in our father's house with our parents. My father was telling me that to even buy bread or gas in the house he does not, yet he works. I think he is waiting for the day our father will die so the house can go to him like he has was told over the years.My father has never said anything about the house being his own or talked about a will or inheritance, but mother and son since decided who is getting the house.

I like my mother she is honestly not a bad person just flawed but this thing you have talked about is so real and I don't know if some mothers do it knowingly or unknowingly. She has now seen how her 2 male children are useless and not helpful, last month I sent her some money and she was thanking and blessing me saying it is we the female children that are actually helpful. I said to myself so it is now you know.

I pray I don't make the same mistakes with my own sons. Me and my sisters want to put money together to renovate the house for our parents comfort but one is not very interested and she has been asking, why should we spend money renovating a house for our brother to come and inherit. He is not even the first born child.

Sorry for the long talk, your post just triggered me to talk. I also support what you said on another thread about training children to be independent and responsible enough to hustle their success instead of fighting over inheritance and fathers properties. I have noticed that it is mainly male children who do this dragging of inheritance and fighting for property
So much lessons to learn on parenting, thanks for this sincere comment

2 Likes

Re: My Uncle Has Decided To End His Marriage Of 30 Years by WhatCanIsay(m): 6:21pm On Oct 17, 2021
Saintmary:
It's all well and good to speculate about this family.
But, let's consider these:

What did this man do with his energetic years?
Was he a present dad or the 'drop money' type?
Was he a faithful husband?
Was he peaceful with his family when he was the sole authority?
How can 6 people gang up against you without an exception? (Is the mother's juju that strong?)
He decided, unilaterally, to sell a property without considering his family's opinion, is that the right thing to do?

I personally suspect that he has an away child or children somewhere and the main family is already fighting for property early before his expected demise.
Else, why would he file for divorce on a whim if he doesn't have options hidden somewhere?

P. S. Nigerians always tell women to endure horrible marriages, but when it comes to men?
'he needs peace of mind' becomes the mantra.

You are confusing the stories. The Op didn't tell us that his children are against him.

What you suspect is not the reality too, or else the Op tells us otherwise.

How sure are you that he filed for the divorce on a whim? What of the possibility that he has been thinking of it for long before finally growing some balls?

A lot of conjectures. Personally, peace of mind matters for both gender, it's not male or female exclusive. If someone wants out after trying all possible means of reconciliation, let the person have his or her way. It's difficult for both parties but letting go at times is the best option.

1 Like

Re: My Uncle Has Decided To End His Marriage Of 30 Years by Oyiboman69: 6:21pm On Oct 17, 2021
Saintmary:
It's all well and good to speculate about this family.
But, let's consider these:

What did this man do with his energetic years?
Was he a present dad or the 'drop money' type?
Was he a faithful husband?
Was he peaceful with his family when he was the sole authority?
How can 6 people gang up against you without an exception? (Is the mother's juju that strong?)
He decided, unilaterally, to sell a property without considering his family's opinion, is that the right thing to do?

I personally suspect that he has an away child or children somewhere and the main family is already fighting for property early before his expected demise.
Else, why would he file for divorce on a whim if he doesn't have options hidden somewhere?

P. S. Nigerians always tell women to endure horrible marriages, but when it comes to men?
'he needs peace of mind' becomes the mantra.
rubbish.... undecided

1 Like

Re: My Uncle Has Decided To End His Marriage Of 30 Years by Crochet: 6:21pm On Oct 17, 2021
Hmmm
Re: My Uncle Has Decided To End His Marriage Of 30 Years by Dpundict: 6:22pm On Oct 17, 2021
Sonnobax15:
grin Na real male sons indeed grin. But aunty Poco, there's nothing these sons know that my dad who's the closest man to their father don't know......The Problem all started when my uncle sat his wife down,and told her he want to sell one of his buildings (precisely the one in PH) so that he can use the money to build a house in his home town since he's already aging...But the wife didn't agree to his plan... Instead,she insisted on the fact that everything belongs to her children and my uncle shouldn't even dare sell any of his property cheesy

Imagine am na cheesy. Children wey about 3 oury of the 5 dey do well..
I suspect he may just be the provider not the father. I am just saying
Re: My Uncle Has Decided To End His Marriage Of 30 Years by Uguruzik(m): 6:22pm On Oct 17, 2021
I think your uncle would be the right person to answer your question.
Re: My Uncle Has Decided To End His Marriage Of 30 Years by AfroKnight: 6:22pm On Oct 17, 2021
You didn’t mention a 2nd wife which suggests he (even though a Muslim) didn’t take another wife.

Hmmm.

Men run away from wahala. A few things could make a man utter such a vow. He is tired.

Nobody should beg him to continue enduring what he is running away from.

6 Likes

Re: My Uncle Has Decided To End His Marriage Of 30 Years by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 6:22pm On Oct 17, 2021
JAYUK:
With the advent of internet and Nigerians being the number addicts to it, it has broken more homes,created more problems that we cannot comprehend nor fathom, women are the most affected, the more learned and older they are,the more volatile,it's now a virus.

grin grin grin grin grin
They are naturally insatiable no matter what u do!
Only God can arrest them

1 Like

Re: My Uncle Has Decided To End His Marriage Of 30 Years by Deepthoughts: 6:22pm On Oct 17, 2021
Xj2020:

I will like to know.
But is your question not an irony!,you have already stated in the write up that the wife was I'll mannered n the man was only managing her all the while perhaps hoping for a positive change from her which doesn't appear to ever come,so don't you think the man get fed up just like any other man would?.

1 Like

Re: My Uncle Has Decided To End His Marriage Of 30 Years by Kamachicho(f): 6:23pm On Oct 17, 2021
This could be a case of mid-life crises

1 Like

Re: My Uncle Has Decided To End His Marriage Of 30 Years by crafteck(m): 6:24pm On Oct 17, 2021
Wats ur own
Re: My Uncle Has Decided To End His Marriage Of 30 Years by brownemmanuel43(m): 6:24pm On Oct 17, 2021
After 30 godamn years, mehnnnnn that your uncle must have endured to the last, for him to come up with divorce

1 Like

Re: My Uncle Has Decided To End His Marriage Of 30 Years by KingWarri: 6:24pm On Oct 17, 2021
daddytime:
Life goes on..

They both tried in tolerating each other's excesses over the years.

We no get that kind patience again these years.

5 years sef na Golden jubilee these days..

Maybe the niqqa don turn #Redpiller

1 Share

Re: My Uncle Has Decided To End His Marriage Of 30 Years by seniormallam(m): 6:25pm On Oct 17, 2021
Make somebody drop small thing for me to take hold pocket go work tomorrow please, na beg I dey please

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Mother Buys Ford Mustang For Her Son For His 21st Birthday (Photos) / Hilarious Photo: How Birthdays Are Celebrated In The Village / Wife Of One Month Jumps Fence After Her Husband Demanded For Her SIM Card

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.