Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,944 members, 7,952,804 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 02:18 AM

My Uncle Has Decided To End His Marriage Of 30 Years - Family (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Uncle Has Decided To End His Marriage Of 30 Years (58403 Views)

Why Do Marriage Of Uneducated Couples Last Longer Than The Educated Ones? / My Marriage Of 10 Months Is Gradually Crashing / Man To End Marriage Of 16 Years With His Wife After Discovering Her Real Age (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Uncle Has Decided To End His Marriage Of 30 Years by Gee64: 8:26pm On Oct 17, 2021
E don taste another punana when e sweet pass madam own.
Re: My Uncle Has Decided To End His Marriage Of 30 Years by vickydevoka(m): 8:27pm On Oct 17, 2021
viewflux:

My mum was doing similar thing to us about who and who owns what in my dad property in PH and the village and also trying to pitch us the children against him with so many spurious accusations, but we figured it out on time and slit 4 against 1(the last boy). I sat her down to told her the truth that she can take a bow if she is tired of the union and that i will not visit her wherever she is and that my dad is the one that commands the authority to shear his property and not her. the last daughter told her that if she disturbs the man too much and he decides to take another woman as wife that she will welcome the new wife with open hand.

When she saw it was 4 to 1 against her nagging behavior, that was how she cool till today. her reasoning done stable. what the mothers do first is the buy the children to there side then start attacking the husband because the children has her backing. this was what lead the man in Kano to burn down his house to ground level because the children and his wife where against him so nobody could lay claim to the building.

children has a big roll to play in mother/father misunderstanding.
U n ur siblings are Wise

1 Like

Re: My Uncle Has Decided To End His Marriage Of 30 Years by Klass99(f): 8:30pm On Oct 17, 2021
smiley

1 Like

Re: My Uncle Has Decided To End His Marriage Of 30 Years by petitejolie(f): 8:30pm On Oct 17, 2021
Nothing wrong in wanting to spend his last few years in peace.
Re: My Uncle Has Decided To End His Marriage Of 30 Years by FreeIgboho: 8:37pm On Oct 17, 2021
GboyegaD:
Many things that he only can answer. He tolerated her this many years and should be able to tolerate her longer except if she's very toxic in any aspect of life.

What you people don't realise is that it takes a looong time to grow up and be able to throw off societal shackles. He finally grew up and decided to do what's best for them instead of worrying about what people would say or disappointing in-laws!
Re: My Uncle Has Decided To End His Marriage Of 30 Years by Lamasta(m): 8:38pm On Oct 17, 2021
descarado:

Exactly.

You would have learnt a life lesson from your uncle. Not random posts by people who doesn't wear the shoe.
See as the guy is dissecting his uncles family here.
The thing tire local man self

Re: My Uncle Has Decided To End His Marriage Of 30 Years by Evercurious(f): 8:39pm On Oct 17, 2021
pocohantas:

Sad one. Are the kids bewitched or do they know something we don’t know? How can all his MALE SONS be this useless?

My dear you never see... If you look closely, their mum is the wahala their. Always making their sons useless by embibling in them unnecessary entitlement attitude . They wld want to gain control of the mens' wealth their their children especially their sons

1 Like

Re: My Uncle Has Decided To End His Marriage Of 30 Years by theamazonguru(m): 8:41pm On Oct 17, 2021
Beloved3:

Hmmm Klass is back with the adorable Klassics. grin Nice one.

I believe the older you grow the calmer/unbothered you should become because the kind tension and stress a young man or woman's system and heart can withstand is different from when old.

Maybe the uncle had a terrifying experience one day and realized he could snap anytime soon if he doesn't do something quick. Or maybe baba just wants a fresh start and a new/younger wife for retirement life. grin grin

But my only question is........

30 years. How can someone be a bad person for 30 years? Like live all your life with a bad character. What a waste. Aren't humans supposed to strive to improve and be a better person everyday.

Honestly.

We should just pray to marry right.
If you jam the wrong spouse omo your body go tell you. Life go just tire the person.

Marriage is sweet if you are blessed with the gift of the right man or woman.
You always look forward to returning home, to the warm embrace of your lovely spouse.

But if it's the opposite, fear go dey catch you to go back home ni.

Marriage can be heaven on earth as well as a living hell.
CHOOSE RIGHT.

1 Like

Re: My Uncle Has Decided To End His Marriage Of 30 Years by Evercurious(f): 8:44pm On Oct 17, 2021
Sonnobax15:
grin Na real male sons indeed grin. But aunty Poco, there's nothing these sons know that my dad who's the closest man to their father don't know......The Problem all started when my uncle sat his wife down,and told her he want to sell one of his buildings (precisely the one in PH) so that he can use the money to build a house in his home town since he's already aging...But the wife didn't agree to his plan... Instead,she insisted on the fact that everything belongs to her children and my uncle shouldn't even dare sell any of his property cheesy

Imagine am na cheesy. Children wey about 3 out of the 5 dey do well..

On top of the man money? Dem no born that woman well...
Re: My Uncle Has Decided To End His Marriage Of 30 Years by Gkemz: 8:45pm On Oct 17, 2021
You didn't tell us what influenced his divorce decision and you expect us to tell you the reason behind his decision. Are we seers or oracles?

Back to the question... I guess the man is tired of her nuisances to the family and to the society and it seems like he had tolerated her enough as a principled man. Though I'm not surprised this is happening in a tribe where divorce and infidelity are prevalent.
Re: My Uncle Has Decided To End His Marriage Of 30 Years by brownemmanuel43(m): 8:47pm On Oct 17, 2021
neonly:

Dat a million questions dat need a millions answer
One old told me onetime dat if a man can successful train his children to success level d wife go der pray make d man die so she can
It really sad now dat we dont have wives again but Jezebel most men in dis forums have der own shares in dis problems at home it just take d grace of Jehovah to survive from dis so call gender in dis our generation
Rather than asking why yur uncle is trowing in d towel now just try and console him that he tried all dis years
U deserve a very good outing every Sunday
Re: My Uncle Has Decided To End His Marriage Of 30 Years by Bashir75: 8:49pm On Oct 17, 2021
Xj2020:
He is a very principled man. Very religious and doesn't play with his God been a devoted Muslim. Extremely rich and bless with four grown up children with the second of his children getting married in a month time.

He retired from the bank 2 years ago having risen to the pinnacle of his career in the banking industry having served in different capacities for almost 35 years.

Yes, the wife is uncultured and ill-mannered. He knows already and has been managing her all these years.

He is presently in court seeking to divorce his wife and has vowed that nothing would stop him from divorcing his wife.

My question is what could possibly make a man thrown in the towel and walk out of his marriage after so many years together?

I will like to know.

I'm not God or an oracle but there is a tendency to not want to spend your last quarter of life doing the same. If life with her has been tumultuous and he was able to managed her because he was young and strong , it may end terrible for him when he’s old and weak Perhaps, he knew many things shrouded from family and public that may have formed his decision.[color=#000000][/color]
Re: My Uncle Has Decided To End His Marriage Of 30 Years by adeniyi65(m): 8:52pm On Oct 17, 2021
Xj2020:
He is a very principled man. Very religious and doesn't play with his God been a devoted Muslim. Extremely rich and bless with four grown up children with the second of his children getting married in a month time.

He retired from the bank 2 years ago having risen to the pinnacle of his career in the banking industry having served in different capacities for almost 35 years.

Yes, the wife is uncultured and ill-mannered. He knows already and has been managing her all these years.

He is presently in court seeking to divorce his wife and has vowed that nothing would stop him from divorcing his wife.

My question is what could possibly make a man thrown in the towel and walk out of his marriage after so many years together?

I will like to know.
Why not ask your uncle out.
Re: My Uncle Has Decided To End His Marriage Of 30 Years by reddingtonblack: 8:56pm On Oct 17, 2021
cosmos1440:

Women, especially mothers, have a way of turning children against their own father.
Yes, it is bewitchment but not the type you see in movies, this type of bewitchment starts from when the child (especially sons)is a baby, it grows as the child grows and unfortunately, very few men escape this type of bewitchment.

I am glad someone figure it all out, mothers play deciet and manipulate their kids into thinking, if not for her activeness there father won't have taken care of them undecided

1 Like

Re: My Uncle Has Decided To End His Marriage Of 30 Years by udemzyudex(m): 9:04pm On Oct 17, 2021
He is your uncle and you can't talk to him directly to gain some wisdom on the matter with him, I mean from someone who have gather lots of experience for 30 years of marriage.

Haba go and ask your uncle pls,then come back here and tell us your findings.
Re: My Uncle Has Decided To End His Marriage Of 30 Years by CJ310(m): 9:05pm On Oct 17, 2021
Why not ask him. How do you expect nairalanders to know
Re: My Uncle Has Decided To End His Marriage Of 30 Years by Charly68: 9:05pm On Oct 17, 2021
Sonnobax15:
lipsrsealed
The same thing is currently happening to my uncle..To the extent that he even wanted to sell one of his duplex but his children and wife collaborated and even had to beat my uncle to coma....... imagine father wey send all him four out of 5 sons to go and study for the U.K.......
My uncle is currently filing for divorce at this moment,but the woman dey vow say if my uncle venture leave her,say my uncle go see pepper....
He is already seeing pepper so nothing new than to throw her out
Re: My Uncle Has Decided To End His Marriage Of 30 Years by Evercurious(f): 9:09pm On Oct 17, 2021
Conpat:

This is happening in my own family right now. My mother was always telling my older brother that our father's house was his own.She will say things like do you want to spoil the kitchen sink and block the drainage system, don't you know this house is yours.

My mother was always talking with my older brother in private and filling his head with only god knows what.My brother will misbehave and when confronted he will fight with my older sisters and be saying things like do and go marry, this is not your house. You have married, go to your husband's house I don't know what you are looking for here

Today he is over 40 and still living in our father's house with our parents. My father was telling me that to even buy bread or gas in the house he does not, yet he works. I think he is waiting for the day our father will die so the house can go to him like he has was told over the years.My father has never said anything about the house being his own or talked about a will or inheritance, but mother and son since decided who is getting the house.

I like my mother she is honestly not a bad person just flawed but this thing you have talked about is so real and I don't know if some mothers do it knowingly or unknowingly. She has now seen how her 2 male children are useless and not helpful, last month I sent her some money and she was thanking and blessing me saying it is we the female children that are actually helpful. I said to myself so it is now you know.

I pray I don't make the same mistakes with my own sons. Me and my sisters want to put money together to renovate the house for our parents comfort but one is not very interested and she has been asking, why should we spend money renovating a house for our brother to come and inherit. He is not even the first born child.

Sorry for the long talk, your post just triggered me to talk. I also support what you said on another thread about training children to be independent and responsible enough to hustle their success instead of fighting over inheritance and fathers properties. I have noticed that it is mainly male children who do this dragging of inheritance and fighting for property

Dont waste you money renovating any house. Let her sort out the mess the created for herself... I tell you, she is only feeling remorseful because it didnt turn out the way she expected. Should the table turn around in your brother's favor, you ll see another version of your so called good mother. Don't be deceived... She is only this nice you see cos she needs your help... My mum is same as yours and I ve seen through her over the years.. They don't change no matter how nice you re to them..As for me , I ve cut off from mine for now . I dont know what made her 'loose guard' and said her mind recently. My dear I sharp sharp cut off from her cos I saw she is still same and wont change. I only keep in touch with my dad but that one too, I m also careful with him.

Good luck to you wey wan be ' good ' pikin... My policy now is ' of you dont ve any good plan or intention towards me,I ll return same energy to you. Be it my siblings , parents or whoever it is'... I cant be foolish all in the name of family members that re so selfish and self centred

2 Likes

Re: My Uncle Has Decided To End His Marriage Of 30 Years by TheGreatOne90: 9:09pm On Oct 17, 2021
Sonnobax15:
grin Na real male sons indeed grin. But aunty Poco, there's nothing these sons know that my dad who's the closest man to their father don't know......The Problem all started when my uncle sat his wife down,and told her he want to sell one of his buildings (precisely the one in PH) so that he can use the money to build a house in his home town since he's already aging...But the wife didn't agree to his plan... Instead,she insisted on the fact that everything belongs to her children and my uncle shouldn't even dare sell any of his property cheesy

If this is what actually happened, then the man has been enduring alot. We are talking about the house i built with my money ? If na me, all them would be roasting in hell, including the useless bastards, that call themselves sons.
How on earth, can you sit and watch a woman completely turn your own children against you. The children you trained with your sweat and blood, to the extent of trying to kill you ?
Re: My Uncle Has Decided To End His Marriage Of 30 Years by SarkinYarki: 9:11pm On Oct 17, 2021
Xj2020:

I will like to know.

Do you know the meaning of extremely rich at all? Clowns

1 Like

Re: My Uncle Has Decided To End His Marriage Of 30 Years by Evercurious(f): 9:19pm On Oct 17, 2021
Spherical77:
That your brother is taken advantage of you guys because you are ladies. How i wish your dad would shock his eye balls in allocating equal parts of the building to all his children, backing it up legally with other family members. Even though your mum spoilt him to an ectend, his common sense at his age should tell him to be responsible

He can NEVER be responsible cos his mum has taught him to be so. She has taught him never to take responsibility nor be responsible. He has been taught to be so selfish, self centred and entitled.. To see how 'wicked' these mums cld be, they re ready to make their daughters get so inconvenienced, collect money from them and hand over to the guys.. Even make the ladies run the house and all expenses including feeding the FOOLS they have nurtured from their various homes. These in turn cld lead to friction in the homes of the ladies if not properly handled... VERY WICKED MOTHERS INDEED

1 Like

Re: My Uncle Has Decided To End His Marriage Of 30 Years by seguno2: 9:23pm On Oct 17, 2021
Xj2020:

I will like to know.

If you really want to know, should you not ask your uncle
Re: My Uncle Has Decided To End His Marriage Of 30 Years by GetMeRight: 9:24pm On Oct 17, 2021
Sonnobax15:

Wife and children are already patiently waiting for the time he will die. Lol
Re: My Uncle Has Decided To End His Marriage Of 30 Years by GetMeRight: 9:25pm On Oct 17, 2021
seguno2:

If you really want to know, should you not ask your uncle

He already knew that of his uncle, his question is an open question.
Re: My Uncle Has Decided To End His Marriage Of 30 Years by Oracleforce: 9:28pm On Oct 17, 2021
Xj2020:

I will like to know.

An average Igbo lady lacks good manners...discard her like a sachet of water...after all, you don chop her for a good 30 years so by now, she will be as empty as dry cassava.

There are so many young ladies out there that will give you value for your money...they have good cunt, boobs, and butts
Re: My Uncle Has Decided To End His Marriage Of 30 Years by JustforMen: 9:39pm On Oct 17, 2021
those goddamn children belong to the woman.
men are decieved into thinking that the children are their own... nothing is further away from the truth. it is fraud that capitalizes on the weakness of men to care and protect.
the kids are yours only to cater and sweat for.
if you want to have a troublesome marriage, let your wife notice that you are close to the children... you won't believe the extent to which she will go to make your life hell because the children are her pawns in the game and they are leaving her side to yours.
you go out to suffer humiliation and danger to cater for them imps with their mother yet you will here some nonsense like you don't have time for them.
there are only 24hrs in a day which you try to use to get resources to provide them comfort but the witch will poison their minds against you telling them that you have abandoned them.
now the worst case if you dont have money, then you become an irresponsible man that does not provide for "his own family" even though on average, the poorest man is still able to provide for an ungrateful bitch what she can't or won't provide for herself selfish, scheming ass.
marriage offers no advantage to a man at all but he has been decieved into believing he is less of a man if he does not find a leech to take care off for the rest of her ungrateful, unproductive life.
so it is common for some worthless idiots to turn against the man that literally gave his useful life to cater, care and provide for them because their mother tells them he is a no good man.
but men will as usual continue to be the emotional gender while they deceive themselves that the are the rational genders.
a man is literally a donkey who is considered useless bonce he cannot be used.
you never see men poisoning the children against their mother but a woman will naturally do it to gain advantage over the man. remember, no woman ever marries for love but for what she can get from the deluded fool of a patner.
if they ever loved, they won't "monkey branch" or up- date!
Abujaexpress:
After 30 years of productive marriage!? Your uncle suddenly realised that he cannot tolerate the wife- who bore him 4 grown up children? Haba! The 30 years of "managing" the wife is longer than the the further years he will live with the woman as husband and wife.

Your uncle must have found another woman somewhere who has in one way or the other 'captured" his heart and changed his marital orientation towards his wife and the marriage.

If I were your uncle, I will tolerate the wife till death separate them.
Re: My Uncle Has Decided To End His Marriage Of 30 Years by brownemmanuel43(m): 10:02pm On Oct 17, 2021
cmecproblem:
All through the years he probably lived apart because of work but now he's forced to live close to her. I know someone like that. He only stayed in the marriage cos he worked in Abuja and family lived in Asaba. But after retirement he had to go back to Asaba. Few weeks he left the marriage.
Damn it man. Is this for real or a movie?
Re: My Uncle Has Decided To End His Marriage Of 30 Years by brownemmanuel43(m): 10:07pm On Oct 17, 2021
Origin:

That man is running after other women and the wife knows...

You need to be an insider to understand these people's actions
U are sounding like a bittered soul or battered soul?
Life is too oooo shot for being bittered
Re: My Uncle Has Decided To End His Marriage Of 30 Years by brownemmanuel43(m): 10:14pm On Oct 17, 2021
Prettychild:

Why didn’t he divorce her since? Is it now that she is no longer appealable that he wants to divorce her? Who does he want to marry her now? Smh!
This is a very stupid comment

1 Like

Re: My Uncle Has Decided To End His Marriage Of 30 Years by faithfull18(f): 10:21pm On Oct 17, 2021
This is serious.
Re: My Uncle Has Decided To End His Marriage Of 30 Years by medriano: 10:31pm On Oct 17, 2021
Sonnobax15:
lipsrsealed
The same thing is currently happening to my uncle..To the extent that he even wanted to sell one of his duplex but his children and wife collaborated and even had to beat my uncle to coma....... imagine father wey send all him four out of 5 sons to go and study for the U.K.......
My uncle is currently filing for divorce at this moment,but the woman dey vow say if my uncle venture leave her,say my uncle go see pepper....
You can imagine that. So he is forbidden to sell his own property?
Their mum is a disgrace. These days, hardworking men do not even care about their father’s properties.
Like they beat their dad up, their own children will do worse to them. He should divorce that woman fast.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Lady Celebrates As Court Dissolves Her Marriage (Photos) / Man Backs His Baby To A Bank In Port-Harcourt. Photos / Mention The Year You Will Like To Get Married And At What Age

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.