Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,713 members, 7,816,935 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:33 PM

Is Your Employer Underpaying You? - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Is Your Employer Underpaying You? (10929 Views)

Frustrated Employee Blasts His Employer For Always Messing With His “small” Sala / How To Earn The Respect Of Your Employer / Please Help: I Have Issues With My New Employer (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Your Employer Underpaying You? by madridguy(m): 12:18pm On Oct 18, 2021
If you're good at baking, getting another job won't be hard.

Sonnobax15:
lipsrsealed
Yeah.....that was back then cha...if you've ever been privileged to work in a bakery before, you'll understand what I meant......How person go hustle for over 13 hours,yet,at the end of the week,when you minus your transport from your salary,you fit even faint self..... Because you go surprise say all the mumu hustling na road dem dey enter undecided

While my boss dey change women like say na wrapper undecided.
Re: Is Your Employer Underpaying You? by Sonnobax15(m): 12:21pm On Oct 18, 2021
madridguy:
If you're good at baking, getting another job won't be hard.

Bro, baking get grade.....Who good for bread baking fit no sabi shishi for cake baking...... Most times,those girls who bake cakes do bring their cakes for me to help them bake them with my oven.... But had it been I've got no idea about it,na only God know how many people cake wey I for don burn to ashes undecided
Re: Is Your Employer Underpaying You? by zedegit: 12:22pm On Oct 18, 2021
Olatheo:
Those people that are working can comment on that. I beg I'm looking for job o, help me a brother. Hunger is killing

What course did you study?
Skills?
Re: Is Your Employer Underpaying You? by olola4(m): 12:22pm On Oct 18, 2021
Tokskob2008:

Brother I will grateful if you can hook me up with one of those side gigs abeg.

What are the I.T skills you have?
Re: Is Your Employer Underpaying You? by Olarexxie(m): 12:23pm On Oct 18, 2021
olola4:
No matter how much my employer is paying me, I cherish the freedom I enjoy to take up multiple side gig while in the office.

Baba hook me up for one side gig na
I dey pH
Re: Is Your Employer Underpaying You? by madridguy(m): 12:25pm On Oct 18, 2021
Do you know bread baking? If your answer is yes, look for another bakery.

Sonnobax15:
Bro, baking get grade.....Who good for bread baking fit no sabi shishi for cake baking...... Most times,those girls who bake cakes do bring their cakes for me to help them bake them with my oven.... But had it been I've got no idea about it,na only God know how many people cake wey I for don burn to ashes undecided
Re: Is Your Employer Underpaying You? by Sonnobax15(m): 12:27pm On Oct 18, 2021
madridguy:
Do you know bread baking? If your answer is yes, look for another bakery.

I'm currently running one with my friend at this moment.... Just that we've got a little setback which we've been tackling for the past four months now... Probably by the end of coming month, everything will surely fall in place,by the grace of God cheesy
Re: Is Your Employer Underpaying You? by bularuz(m): 12:28pm On Oct 18, 2021
millionboi:
Like for osinbanjo share for tinubu

Who you go vote for?

Report for bubu

1 Like

Re: Is Your Employer Underpaying You? by madridguy(m): 12:29pm On Oct 18, 2021
Which type of setback are you tackling? Is it formation / recipes?

Sonnobax15:
I'm currently running one with my friend at this moment.... Just that we've got a little setback which we've been tackling for the past four months now... Probably by the end of coming month, everything will surely fall in place,by the grace of God cheesy
Re: Is Your Employer Underpaying You? by Judgement12(m): 12:29pm On Oct 18, 2021
I'm not only under paid I'm being marginalised in my place of work currently, if not how can i get a payslipt of 700k and reaching to my bank I will see only 300k, when I ask questions they will start giving me unnecessary reasons for deduction
Re: Is Your Employer Underpaying You? by Tokskob2008: 12:29pm On Oct 18, 2021
olola4:

What are the I.T skills you have?
Oh I.T skills? I'm afraid aside the basic computer programs such as Excel and co, I don't know have further knowledge about it.
Re: Is Your Employer Underpaying You? by Olatheo(m): 12:30pm On Oct 18, 2021
zedegit:

What course did you study?
Skills?
I'm a graduate of Electrical/Electrical Engineering. I've a practical knowledge about cabling and installation of CCTV, VoIP, wireless. I'm still acquiring skill on Mechanical and Electrical drawing (M&E) though
Re: Is Your Employer Underpaying You? by Sonnobax15(m): 12:31pm On Oct 18, 2021
madridguy:
Which type of setback are you tackling? Is it formation / recipes?

Money bro.....Plus the inflation on price of ingredients..... Mennnnnnnn,it's really been hard oh cheesy
Re: Is Your Employer Underpaying You? by topianotope: 12:36pm On Oct 18, 2021
Tokskob2008:

Brother I will grateful if you can hook me up with one of those side gigs abeg.
Please help in other gig i will be very happy.
Re: Is Your Employer Underpaying You? by madridguy(m): 12:39pm On Oct 18, 2021
Inflation is hitting every sector of the economy really hard.

Sonnobax15:
Money bro.....Plus the inflation on price of ingredients..... Mennnnnnnn,it's really been hard oh cheesy
Re: Is Your Employer Underpaying You? by Sonnobax15(m): 12:42pm On Oct 18, 2021
madridguy:
Inflation is hitting every sector of the economy really hard.

Yeah.. That's the truth......
Re: Is Your Employer Underpaying You? by zedegit: 12:46pm On Oct 18, 2021
Olatheo:
I'm a graduate of Electrical/Electrical Engineering. I've a practical knowledge about cabling and installation of CCTV, VoIP, wireless. I'm still acquiring skill on Mechanical and Electrical drawing (M&E) though

Setup a thread on Nairaland with your contact details. If you are good, the jobs would be too much to handle for you.

Do it now.
Re: Is Your Employer Underpaying You? by zedegit: 12:48pm On Oct 18, 2021
Judgement12:
I'm not only under paid I'm being marginalised in my place of work currently, if not how can i get a payslipt of 700k and reaching to my bank I will see only 300k, when I ask questions they will start giving me unnecessary reasons for deduction

If you have a better offer, quit. That's what I would do.
They do it because they think you got no choice.
Re: Is Your Employer Underpaying You? by Boogyman557: 12:49pm On Oct 18, 2021
HOLLY GRAM cool MY GUY WHO SUPPLIES ME KUSH DOES NOT ADD ANY EXTRA KUSH ANYMORE BUT I GUESS IS D CUNTREE ECONOMY. WTF MAN
Re: Is Your Employer Underpaying You? by sweetilicious(f): 12:55pm On Oct 18, 2021
Human beans
SomiNJ:
Is your employer underpaying you?
Do you think your unfair boss is carting away the millions and just giving you peanuts to survive?

More than 80% of the industrial actions in places of work is due to Poor wages, Lack of fringe benefits, absence of promotional opportunities, faulty incentive schemes, dissatisfaction with job evaluation and performance appraisal methods are other economic causes of poor industrial relations.

You will always see staff grumbling about how they are underpaid and overused by their employers

As an employee, there are three things that should be of utmost concern to you

(1) Your job security
(2) Your Value in the company
(3) Your perceived worth to the company

Questions To evaluate your job security
1. How does my company make money?
2. Why did they employ me?
3. Can I grow my career in this company?

To rate your value to the company, ask:
1. How valuable is my work to the running of the company?
2. How many functions depend on me to run?
3. How dispensable am I here (Can I be easily replaced)?

Your worth in company
1. How much of my efforts contributes directly to success and flow of income to the company?
2. If I leave today, will it affect the flow of income to the company?

Answer this correctly and you’ll get the best leverage on how to ask for a pay raise rather than just making unreasonable demands.

Stop Begging for a pay Raise, Do this Instead!
If you really trust your guts, instead of asking for a pay raise which puts you at the mercy of your boss, get into the sales area.
That way you can earn commissions, rates and bonuses from your employer.

See a clear illustration, Titi (not real name), works as an administrative secretary and her job role is to prepare the property documents and transmit to customer.

Titi has worked with the company for 3 years. Her start salary was 60k and now it’s 80k

but she was grumbling when a much younger marketer was employed in less than 4 months with a start salary of 350k, official car and other juicy bonuses.

This is what she didn’t know…. In the eyes of the employer, it’s contribution to the revenue bucket and not Duration that matters.

Re: Is Your Employer Underpaying You? by Olatheo(m): 12:55pm On Oct 18, 2021
zedegit:

Setup a thread on Nairaland with your contact details. If you are good, the jobs would be too much to handle for you.

Do it now.
okay. Thanks for this word of enlightenment
Re: Is Your Employer Underpaying You? by techWriter3: 1:11pm On Oct 18, 2021
Like for osinbanjo stock for tinubuWho you betweens referendum for?
Re: Is Your Employer Underpaying You? by Davash222(m): 1:24pm On Oct 18, 2021
Sonnobax15:
lipsrsealed
Yeah.....that was back then cha...if you've ever been privileged to work in a bakery before, you'll understand what I meant......How person go hustle for over 13 hours,yet,at the end of the week,when you minus your transport from your salary,you fit even faint self..... Because you go surprise say all the mumu hustling na road dem dey enter undecided

While my boss dey change women like say na wrapper undecided.
You worked as a mixer, baker , or operator??

2 Likes

Re: Is Your Employer Underpaying You? by Gmajor(m): 1:40pm On Oct 18, 2021
SomiNJ:
Is your employer underpaying you?
Do you think your unfair boss is carting away the millions and just giving you peanuts to survive?

More than 80% of the industrial actions in places of work is due to Poor wages, Lack of fringe benefits, absence of promotional opportunities, faulty incentive schemes, dissatisfaction with job evaluation and performance appraisal methods are other economic causes of poor industrial relations.

You will always see staff grumbling about how they are underpaid and overused by their employers

As an employee, there are three things that should be of utmost concern to you

(1) Your job security
(2) Your Value in the company
(3) Your perceived worth to the company

Questions To evaluate your job security
1. How does my company make money?
2. Why did they employ me?
3. Can I grow my career in this company?

To rate your value to the company, ask:
1. How valuable is my work to the running of the company?
2. How many functions depend on me to run?
3. How dispensable am I here (Can I be easily replaced)?

Your worth in company
1. How much of my efforts contributes directly to success and flow of income to the company?
2. If I leave today, will it affect the flow of income to the company?

Answer this correctly and you’ll get the best leverage on how to ask for a pay raise rather than just making unreasonable demands.

Stop Begging for a pay Raise, Do this Instead!
If you really trust your guts, instead of asking for a pay raise which puts you at the mercy of your boss, get into the sales area.
That way you can earn commissions, rates and bonuses from your employer.

See a clear illustration, Titi (not real name), works as an administrative secretary and her job role is to prepare the property documents and transmit to customer.

Titi has worked with the company for 3 years. Her start salary was 60k and now it’s 80k

but she was grumbling when a much younger marketer was employed in less than 4 months with a start salary of 350k, official car and other juicy bonuses.

This is what she didn’t know…. In the eyes of the employer, it’s contribution to the revenue bucket and not Duration that matters.

BULLSH1T

this your post is an ill thought out propaganda.
You're insinuating that unless your job directly generates money for the business, then, they're free you pay you whatever they want.
So a business can pay their inventory manager 40k even though the person works 12 hours per day.
E no make sense nah.
Concluding that if you're not paid enough, you should simply become a marketer is bonkers.
Re: Is Your Employer Underpaying You? by Lamasta(m): 1:46pm On Oct 18, 2021
millionboi:
Like for osinbanjo share for tinubu

Who you go vote for?
Is this what this thread is all about
Re: Is Your Employer Underpaying You? by riverbird: 1:54pm On Oct 18, 2021
Tokskob2008:
Hmm.... If 18k for a month isn't underpayment then I wonder what it is..

Oga this one is pure slavery so please stop seeing yourself as an employee angry

1 Like

Re: Is Your Employer Underpaying You? by Sonnobax15(m): 1:59pm On Oct 18, 2021
Davash222:

You worked as a mixer, baker , or operator??
Mixer, scaler,moulder,and sometimes as a baker when baker disappoint us.
Re: Is Your Employer Underpaying You? by Loveknitting: 3:26pm On Oct 18, 2021
Sonnobax15:

Seriously the price on baking ingredients is getting scaring.
Re: Is Your Employer Underpaying You? by Loveknitting: 3:27pm On Oct 18, 2021
Sonnobax15:

That's a lot.
Re: Is Your Employer Underpaying You? by Munzy14(m): 4:06pm On Oct 18, 2021
Dozis:
There is no salary that is ever enough, human wants are forever insatiable
Deep words
Re: Is Your Employer Underpaying You? by Munzy14(m): 4:18pm On Oct 18, 2021
Sonnobax15:
Wow...really a multitasking stuff...

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Get The Skills To Live The Way You Want! / Nigerian Staff Sue Virgin Atlantic Airways For N5bn / PSC Approves Promotion Of 3 AIGs To DIGs, 4 CPs To AIGs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.