Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,669 members, 7,827,458 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 12:21 PM

Have You Ever Been Scammed By A Close Friend Or Relative? Share Your Experience - Crime (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Have You Ever Been Scammed By A Close Friend Or Relative? Share Your Experience (20851 Views)

Woman Stabs Her Relative On The Head With A Broken Bottle For Shaming Her Son / Woman Attacks, Strips Close Friend For Sleeping With Her Husband / Lady Laments After Her Close Friend Was Stabbed To Death In Abuja. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Have You Ever Been Scammed By A Close Friend Or Relative? Share Your Experience by Calitoscassius(m): 6:26pm On Oct 22, 2021
bepositive11:

I read the latter comment as well. Your mother is enabling his bad behaviour. If you really want to get through to him, let him deal with the consequences of his actions accordingly

You should be conscious of your safety though is you should take that route. Only God knows what that man is capable of. Men like him can be very wicked
He has threatned me already in 2019 he said if i make any mistakes he will deal with me, i don't know what that means.
Re: Have You Ever Been Scammed By A Close Friend Or Relative? Share Your Experience by Calitoscassius(m): 6:29pm On Oct 22, 2021
Martinez39s:
WTF! You are a big foòl. To think I was even pitying you. grin Anyway, enjoy a happy waiting since 2014. Hopefully, he will give you your properties when your are 70+. cheesy I wonder why your supposed mother isn't looking out for you... what do I know? Anybody who can take advantage of your like this, despite your past help, deserves no pity or consideration.

Mumu. SMH. Happy waiting.
What? You want me to kill him? Or what? You think i have not thought of that many times?.
Re: Have You Ever Been Scammed By A Close Friend Or Relative? Share Your Experience by Calitoscassius(m): 6:32pm On Oct 22, 2021
Maryandrea:
I pity u.even ur own mother z siding him.beta arrest him ND retrieve ur properties.

My father is against him though, my father is on my side, my step brother was also fighting my father for been on my side, my father have not spoken to my brother since 2014.

I don't know man! the whole thing is just sad.

Alot of my friends warned me about leaving family members in charge of projects and businesses but i didn't listen.
Re: Have You Ever Been Scammed By A Close Friend Or Relative? Share Your Experience by Calitoscassius(m): 6:35pm On Oct 22, 2021
Martinez39s:
Chai! This is really bad. So there is nothing you can do?
At this moment i am just waiting.
Re: Have You Ever Been Scammed By A Close Friend Or Relative? Share Your Experience by vinexe: 7:30pm On Oct 22, 2021
I can't never forget what happened to me in 2016..... in the pursue of traveling abroad.... it is a heartbreak story ….. I stumbled on this woman called joy she is a winners chapels member...… it was a friend that give me her contact then . and this lady stay in Abuja she told me that they can get a job for me in Canada cues I am in to industrial maintenance engineering... but I need to paid for the registration fees 20k . I said ok she send me her acct number I sent 20k for her...… after some weeks she called me requested for 30k that I should send it with my passport number... I send the 30k for her... this woman later called me to informed me that I need to come to Abuja for my biometric and other things and I also need to paid for my fight ticket and my bta to Canada, is my responsibility to take care of it … she told me to come to Abuja on the 16 of April 2016... but I need to send the total of 370k …. I said ok I call the person that directed me to her she said she traveled … that I should do what ever she told me to do .. she said by next month I will be traveling out of Nigeria.....I was very happy to hear this I don't know that the are working hand to hand . I began to sorts for money . then I have a Bajaj machine I bought about 120k , I started looking for a buyer at the end I managed to sold it 80k I said in my mind since I will be traveling out there is know need for me to keep the machine..so I send the 370k to her making it 420k total I have sent to her.... 3 days to 16 of April she called me asking me if I have a place to stay at Abuja I said know she said I need to paid for a hotel at least 2days she told me that were about 6 in number that is traveling to Canada that were going to meet each other in Abuja ... she said she can paid it for me cues all of us need to stay in one hotel … she said the hotel will cost about 22k by then i began to have bubbled mind make this thing no be scam ooo oh God help me... after i encouraged my self that I will be in Abuja by 3 days time to see every thing by my self... i send the 22kevery thing is now 442k... she send me address to come to Abuja gwagwrada presidential villa.... i enter bus from Lagos to Abuja . call Mrs. joy informed her that am on my way to Abuja she said ok when i get to park i should call her she will come and pick me .... i get to Abuja i called this woman number the number is switch off .. i keep on calling her but is not going through i stayed in Abuja for about 4 days calling this woman the number is not going i called the person that directed me to her the person said that she is not in the town maybe the woman have battery low.. i ask this person have battery for 3 days the next thing she cut the call and her number went off... I spend about 60k with my transportation to and FRO and hotel in Abuja. before i finally come back to Lagos.. i have lot every thing i have .. i am 28 years as of 2016 i want to killed my self i don't come outside for about 3days crying.. the next 4days i went to the bank were i usually send the money from i explained everything to the manager .. the manager ask me to give him the acct num which i did .. after every thing he told me that the person that have the acct is in delta state .... but for them to help me that i need to bring police report for them to see what they can do for me .... i went to police station after every thing i paid some money to them i was given police repot i go along with the receipt of the all transfer i made to the woman ..... so i took it to the bank so the manager told me that after they have finished what they want to do . i need to paid in 100k in to the acct so that the person will go to bank to withdraw the money and she will arrested on attempt to withdraw... i told the man that i don't have any money with me again ..... i went back to the police station and tell them what the manager said ... they told me not to send any money to the acct ... that the person will suspect that this is a planed work ….. the ask me to paid them 50k that the will do the job and i will get back my money.... i said ok let me go and look for money for them... na so i take run run run ...... and didn't return............... till today the number is not going through ..
Re: Have You Ever Been Scammed By A Close Friend Or Relative? Share Your Experience by Adekunle813: 8:12pm On Oct 22, 2021
DavidEsq:

This is where u are mistaken. Na ur family go do u pass. I no dey trust anybody but I no dey show am. U go think say I trust u but e go shock u if u seem my mind.

That was why I said, "nonetheless, no loose guard
Re: Have You Ever Been Scammed By A Close Friend Or Relative? Share Your Experience by Polynek(m): 9:48pm On Oct 22, 2021
bepositive11:

I know you didn't encourage him but I think you allowing him to keep the remaining 10k since he was still a student may have been a form of enabling even though you were trying to be understanding

Some people know that what they're doing is wrong but still do it if they know that they will get away with it. We have to put our foot down and give them some tough love

I'm not blaming you for his actions though. As you said, being an adult, he's solely responsible for his actions
Okay ok now I understand ur point, You are making sense too. Jox dat I don't like stressing tinx, too much
Re: Have You Ever Been Scammed By A Close Friend Or Relative? Share Your Experience by Blake755: 11:19pm On Oct 22, 2021
vinexe:
I can't never forget what happened to me in 2016..... in the pursue of traveling abroad.... it is a heartbreak story ….. I stumbled on this woman called joy she is a winners chapels member...… it was a friend that give me her contact then . and this lady stay in Abuja she told me that they can get a job for me in Canada cues I am in to industrial maintenance engineering... but I need to paid for the registration fees 20k . I said ok she send me her acct number I sent 20k for her...… after some weeks she called me requested for 30k that I should send it with my passport number... I send the 30k for her... this woman later called me to informed me that I need to come to Abuja for my biometric and other things and I also need to paid for my fight ticket and my bta to Canada, is my responsibility to take care of it … she told me to come to Abuja on the 16 of April 2016... but I need to send the total of 370k …. I said ok I call the person that directed me to her she said she traveled … that I should do what ever she told me to do .. she said by next month I will be traveling out of Nigeria.....I was very happy to hear this I don't know that the are working hand to hand . I began to sorts for money . then I have a Bajaj machine I bought about 120k , I started looking for a buyer at the end I managed to sold it 80k I said in my mind since I will be traveling out there is know need for me to keep the machine..so I send the 370k to her making it 420k total I have sent to her.... 3 days to 16 of April she called me asking me if I have a place to stay at Abuja I said know she said I need to paid for a hotel at least 2days she told me that were about 6 in number that is traveling to Canada that were going to meet each other in Abuja ... she said she can paid it for me cues all of us need to stay in one hotel … she said the hotel will cost about 22k by then i began to have bubbled mind make this thing no be scam ooo oh God help me... after i encouraged my self that I will be in Abuja by 3 days time to see every thing by my self... i send the 22kevery thing is now 442k... she send me address to come to Abuja gwagwrada presidential villa.... i enter bus from Lagos to Abuja . call Mrs. joy informed her that am on my way to Abuja she said ok when i get to park i should call her she will come and pick me .... i get to Abuja i called this woman number the number is switch off .. i keep on calling her but is not going through i stayed in Abuja for about 4 days calling this woman the number is not going i called the person that directed me to her the person said that she is not in the town maybe the woman have battery low.. i ask this person have battery for 3 days the next thing she cut the call and her number went off... I spend about 60k with my transportation to and FRO and hotel in Abuja. before i finally come back to Lagos.. i have lot every thing i have .. i am 28 years as of 2016 i want to killed my self i don't come outside for about 3days crying.. the next 4days i went to the bank were i usually send the money from i explained everything to the manager .. the manager ask me to give him the acct num which i did .. after every thing he told me that the person that have the acct is in delta state .... but for them to help me that i need to bring police report for them to see what they can do for me .... i went to police station after every thing i paid some money to them i was given police repot i go along with the receipt of the all transfer i made to the woman ..... so i took it to the bank so the manager told me that after they have finished what they want to do . i need to paid in 100k in to the acct so that the person will go to bank to withdraw the money and she will arrested on attempt to withdraw... i told the man that i don't have any money with me again ..... i went back to the police station and tell them what the manager said ... they told me not to send any money to the acct ... that the person will suspect that this is a planed work ….. the ask me to paid them 50k that the will do the job and i will get back my money.... i said ok let me go and look for money for them... na so i take run run run ...... and didn't return............... till today the number is not going through ..
Jesus Christ some people worst pass devil oo chai op am really sorry about what happened to you some people wicked sha I hope you doing well now
Re: Have You Ever Been Scammed By A Close Friend Or Relative? Share Your Experience by bepositive11: 4:55am On Oct 23, 2021
Calitoscassius:
He has threatned me already in 2019 he said if i make any mistakes he will deal with me, i don't know what that means.

Not surprised. Please be careful

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Been Scammed By A Close Friend Or Relative? Share Your Experience by bepositive11: 4:59am On Oct 23, 2021
Polynek:
Okay ok now I understand ur point, You are making sense too. Jox dat I don't like stressing tinx, too much

Don't stress bro
Re: Have You Ever Been Scammed By A Close Friend Or Relative? Share Your Experience by Misternas89(m): 7:02am On Oct 23, 2021
psalmz:
read what u wrote,with all your monickers ,this is the English u can come up with ,I won’t glorify u by responding to your inutile ,insensate,undiscerning ,inane stale statements
Baba correct spelling na “Moniker”. Stop these big big grammars abeg, u don pay Jeff2010?? I hate it when someone is being cheated just as you did to that young man.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Have You Ever Been Scammed By A Close Friend Or Relative? Share Your Experience by vinexe: 7:05am On Oct 23, 2021
[quote author=Blake755 post=106977707]
Jesus Christ some people worst pass devil oo chai op am really sorry about what happened to you some people wicked sha I hope you doing well now to be alive today in the land of the living is also doing well in life .. thank u for ur concern .... am back in lagos cos this matter take me back to village. were i spent about 4years i just come back to lagos last year ..
Re: Have You Ever Been Scammed By A Close Friend Or Relative? Share Your Experience by SavageResponse(m): 9:02am On Oct 23, 2021
Try not to keep people with questionable character as friends!

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Been Scammed By A Close Friend Or Relative? Share Your Experience by Dartilo(m): 9:29am On Oct 23, 2021
True Life story...
So back den in Uniben me and this guy we became friends as we were room mate in hall three,I was in my year 3 while he was in year 4,we were both Edo guys but e was based in Lagos,so he had deep knowledge about crypto and forex back den of which I had no interest den at all...So after uni days we were sti very close,whenever he comes to Benin we hang out,so immediately after sch I decided to meet him to teach me forex,omo I was broke so many things in my hand I needed to be dong something at least,once there is something doing there exist little hope t
Re: Have You Ever Been Scammed By A Close Friend Or Relative? Share Your Experience by Dartilo(m): 9:35am On Oct 23, 2021
Dartilo:
True Life story...
So back den in Uniben me and this guy we became friends as we were room mate in hall three,I was in my year 3 while he was in year 4,we were both Edo guys but e was based in Lagos,so he had deep knowledge about crypto and forex back den of which I had no interest den at all...So after uni days we were sti very close,whenever he comes to Benin we hang out,so immediately after sch I decided to meet him to teach me forex,omo I was broke so many things in my hand I needed to be dong something at least,once there is something doing there exist little hope t

Instead he told me to invest with him that I will be guaranteed 20% of my investment monthly,this was around April 2020,so at first I invested 20k by month end he ask for my wallet address so I can be paid my capital and investment,I told him no need to avoid charges since I am going to reinvest,this time I added 50k....While was I doing this I trust the nigga too much to scam or decieve me due to all our memories together in Uniben and we stayed together for a year,so third month I sti did not withdraw I added 20K again,as a fresh graduate I was trying to invest all I can....Out agreement was that there might be some month wen there would be no interest at all being that those month were filled to losses so I agreed too....Meanwhile back den in sch this nigga got about 3000$ in it's wallet as gain from investment,so I was well assured he knew what he was doing
Re: Have You Ever Been Scammed By A Close Friend Or Relative? Share Your Experience by Calitoscassius(m): 9:36am On Oct 23, 2021
bepositive11:

Not surprised. Please be careful
I am. I ve not crossed part with ever since that.
Re: Have You Ever Been Scammed By A Close Friend Or Relative? Share Your Experience by Dartilo(m): 9:39am On Oct 23, 2021
Dartilo:

Instead he told me to invest with him that I will be guaranteed 20% of my investment monthly,this was around April 2020,so at first I invested 20k by month end he ask for my wallet address so I can be paid my capital and investment,I told him no need to avoid charges since I am going to reinvest,this time I added 50k....While was I doing this I trust the nigga too much to scam or decieve me due to all our memories together in Uniben and we stayed together for a year,so third month I sti did not withdraw I added 20K again,as a fresh graduate I was trying to invest all I can....Out agreement was that there might be some month wen there would be no interest at all being that those month were filled to losses so I agreed too....Meanwhile back den in sch this nigga got about 3000$ in it's wallet as gain from investment,so I was well assured he knew what he was doing

So I told a mutual friend of us,look at wat am doing o, every hard this is not time to waste money,this guy I told has been my friend from jss3 same secondary sch til ss3 straight till this day,we gain admission and graduated together from uniben we are even currently serving at the same PPA currently in the Nysc program...So due to the trust the new guy had for me e invested 40k straight,blv me this was huge funds for us because we jus graduated November 2019 and we were yet to be working self....My people up till this day we did not see our funds the guy started telling story till we got
Re: Have You Ever Been Scammed By A Close Friend Or Relative? Share Your Experience by Dartilo(m): 9:43am On Oct 23, 2021
Dartilo:

So I told a mutual friend of us,look at wat am doing o, every hard this is not time to waste money,this guy I told has been my friend from jss3 same secondary sch til ss3 straight till this day,we gain admission and graduated together from uniben we are even currently serving at the same PPA currently in the Nysc program...So due to the trust the new guy had for me e invested 40k straight,blv me this was huge funds for us because we jus graduated November 2019 and we were yet to be working self....My people up till this day we did not see our funds the guy started telling story till we got

We got tired and left it all for God...So march,my guy did not quarrel me,e was even the one consoling me,that there is a reason for everything,so due to the fact the guy stays in Lagos he hardly pick or reply chats....So march I obeyed d clarion call still in Benin,while my guy had to camp in Ebonyi...
So at Ebonyi camp after about six months my guy met investor the guy with our money in Ebonyi, according to the story he almost faint,e was ����
Re: Have You Ever Been Scammed By A Close Friend Or Relative? Share Your Experience by Dartilo(m): 9:48am On Oct 23, 2021
Dartilo:

We got tired and left it all for God...So march,my guy did not quarrel me,e was even the one consoling me,that there is a reason for everything,so due to the fact the guy stays in Lagos he hardly pick or reply chats....So march I obeyed d clarion call still in Benin,while my guy had to camp in Ebonyi...
So at Ebonyi camp after about six months my guy met investor the guy with our money in Ebonyi, according to the story he almost faint,e was ����

In disbelief he walks up to my friend and had a chat with him,so with no intention of embarrassing him they got talking and became pals in camp,so my friend called me on phone and said howfa I net this our investor in Ebonyi camp o,and I was like guy come back with our money o...He was like that is not the problem,that from the guys physical look e shows the guy is going through alot that it's best we don't add up to what he is facing in life,we should juz forget and let it go for old time sake...This is my childhood friend I referred that's now begging on his behalf...so I later got to learn that after sch the guy has been going through alot,so I had no choice than to wave the debt of my heart forever
Re: Have You Ever Been Scammed By A Close Friend Or Relative? Share Your Experience by Dartilo(m): 9:50am On Oct 23, 2021
Dartilo:

In disbelief he walks up to my friend and had a chat with him,so with no intention of embarrassing him they got talking and became pals in camp,so my friend called me on phone and said howfa I net this our investor in Ebonyi camp o,and I was like guy come back with our money o...He was like that is not the problem,that from the guys physical look e shows the guy is going through alot that it's best we don't add up to what he is facing in life,we should juz forget and let it go for old time sake...This is my childhood friend I referred that's now begging on his behalf...so I later got to learn that after sch the guy has been going through alot,so I had no choice than to wave the debt of my heart forever

So I took my phone while still in camp In Edo I called our investor and I ask if he saw my friend in camp,so we talk and I told him we have decided to clear the debt,now this time he picked my call...he was excited so after all that we came back to normal,our video calls,calling and texting,till another one hit me again last month through him
Re: Have You Ever Been Scammed By A Close Friend Or Relative? Share Your Experience by Dartilo(m): 9:56am On Oct 23, 2021
Dartilo:

So I took my phone while still in camp In Edo I called our investor and I ask if he saw my friend in camp,so we talk and I told him we have decided to clear the debt,now this time he picked my call...he was excited so after all that we came back to normal,our video calls,calling and texting,till another one hit me again last month through him

So last month while chatting,I told him I needed usdt asaply e told me of his vendor,who he has been dealing with,meanwhile I had vendor already but his was a little bit less expensive so I transfer 116k to the vendor to purchase 200usdt,this na alloweee money mk I save so I can trade forex myself o...Till this day I nor c usdt,I nor c BTC,I nor c my money....
While disturbing him e gave me vendor number,vendor nor dey pick my call,he too picks occasionally telling me that he has not eaten for days he has no card to call his guy...Now am a little bit confused I don't know how to get my money back,and in my current financial position the money is huge....he and the vendors no longer pick or respond to my text...

This is fr the second time...
So pls how do I get my money back?
Do I made a mistake for forgiving and trusting an old friend all over again....

Mind you back den in sch he never display any of this attitude,so me too shock.

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Been Scammed By A Close Friend Or Relative? Share Your Experience by bepositive11: 2:22pm On Oct 23, 2021
Calitoscassius:
I am. I ve not crossed part with ever since that.

I hope he pays the price some day
Re: Have You Ever Been Scammed By A Close Friend Or Relative? Share Your Experience by Nobody: 6:19pm On Oct 23, 2021
Calitoscassius:
Scammed? My step brother lives in my mansion with his wife and kids since 2014, he refused to move out, refused to hand over the mansion's document and other properties of mine that he changed the ownerships to his name. All is because i wanted him to help me in buidling these houses which I gave him all the money for and his wife is driving my Range Rover i shipped from the UK myself..

We have been quarreling over these properties since 2014. Everything i did for him and his wife and kids he still had the mind to take over my properties.

To be honest with you , you are playing with your life . Your mother is biased cuz he is also her son but the truth is , her advice will lead to your death if care is not taken .

Be sure you do not ever tell your mother or any family member whenever you want to touch down in Nigeria or else , you won't live to tell the story ! If you don't want to die , follow up your brother with everything within your power and recover what is yours cuz in Nigeria , most people only understand violence . Then after that , disconnect completely and do not bother coming home to relate with so called brother or Family . Do what you can for them but from arms-length . He will still try to kill you though whether you recover your properties or not and he will most definitely use your weakness ; your mother to get you . She wouldn't know that she is the trap, so thread carefully .

I really feel sorry for you . Good luck !

8 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Been Scammed By A Close Friend Or Relative? Share Your Experience by azammi(m): 8:04pm On Oct 23, 2021
Good advice , I’m sure diabolical means will be applied also
Classyuniquebae:

To be honest with you , you are playing with your life . Your mother is biased cuz he is also her son but the truth is , her advice will lead to your death if care is not taken .

Be sure you do not ever tell your mother or any family member whenever you want to touch down in Nigeria or else , you won't live to tell the story ! If you don't want to die , follow up your brother with everything within your power and recover what is yours cuz in Nigeria , most people only understand violence . Then after that , disconnect completely and do not bother coming home to relate with so called brother or Family . Do what you can for them but from arms-length . He will still try to kill you though whether you recover your properties or not and he will most definitely use your weakness ; your mother to get you . She wouldn't know that she is the trap, so thread carefully .

4 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Been Scammed By A Close Friend Or Relative? Share Your Experience by Calitoscassius(m): 2:38pm On Oct 24, 2021
Classyuniquebae:

He has already threatned me, You know? Alot of people warned me about involving him in my dealings but i didn't listen, i told them look! He is my brother i trust him! I thought that they were tryiing to interfere in me and my brother's family relationship. But they were right all along. My father also warned me about him, Dad warned me that my brother is a dangerous man. He was also right.

Mum told me she managed to get some property documents from him not long ago but it turned out the documents were fake. I checked the documents with few lawyers and property surveyors it was fake.

He cannot be that dangerous surely, can he?
Re: Have You Ever Been Scammed By A Close Friend Or Relative? Share Your Experience by Nobody: 3:50pm On Oct 24, 2021
Calitoscassius:
He has already threatned me, You know? Alot of people warned me about involving him in my dealings but i didn't listen, i told them look! He is my brother i trust him! I thought that they were tryiing to interfere in me and my brother's family relationship. But they were right all along. My father also warned me about him, Dad warned me that my brother is a dangerous man. He was also right.

Mum told me she managed to get some property documents from him not long ago but it turned out the documents were fake. I checked the documents with few lawyers and property surveyors it was fake.

He cannot be that dangerous surely, can he?

For those of us that grew up in rural parts of Nigeria, I've seen worse case scenarios just like yours and you know the twist to the story ? Most of those men whose brothers ate their millions sent for one project or the other , or converted their properties to theirs all ended up dead in one way or the other.
I'm not trying to scare you but a brother who can do this to his own brother had already killed you in his mind a long time ago , doing it physically would be just nothing to him . What's is holding him is not having you within reach .

This is a case that can be simply handled if you had wanted to . Speak to him in the language he understands, if you know what I mean .

You should either move on or do the needful .

4 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Been Scammed By A Close Friend Or Relative? Share Your Experience by AlphaMogul: 7:12pm On Oct 25, 2021
Nlanalyst:
Reading through this thread https://www.nairaland.com/6812771/robbed-thieves-placed-palm-oil made me create this to narrate my own ordeal.

All fingers pointing to his friend. I don't think he should be carried away.

I had an experience one time although nothing fetish was involved.

Someone cleared my account and made away with my life savings running into 400k plus.
The guy was so smart but luck later ran out of him. First, he had been watching for a very long time as he had access to everything about me. I just lost my phone and I was using a small torch light phone then. Long and short, he registered for UBA Mobile banking on his phone and he had gotten my card details the day I begged him to borrow me his phone to pay for a stuff online. I didn't know he activated the screen recording and from there he got every of my card details. Shortly after, after he had activated the mobile banking. he transferred #350k to a paga agent and as God would have it the money hung in the air due to bad network. He went ahead to credit a newly created betting account with #120k. I have never indulged in betting all my life.

The next thing I saw in my inbox was a message from an unknown number telling me I will regret ever trying to drag babe with her. Which was really shocking as I can't remember ever stooping low to fight a fellow man because of a lady. I have never done that and will never do that, no insult intended please.
Turned out the message was to sway suspicion, to cause me to start imagining who could be targeting me because of a lady while the real culprit would remain unnoticed.
The guy most have waited all his life expecting the paga agent to receive the money that never entered.

The money was finally reversed to my account the next day which was when I saw my balance and saw that more than 100k was missing. What happened, was that, the guy that carried out this act had access to my phone and he deleted the alerts while I didn't suspect a thing. The other thing he did was that....

He went to the agent hours before doing the transaction. Requested for his details and told him he had transferred the money already. He waited for a while knowing fully well that he didn't do any transfer. The agent asked him to drop his number that he would call him when he finally sees the money. Mind you, this particular paga agent was in a different city from ours. It was after he returned home he now did the transaction and coincidentally the money truly hung in the air as he already lied. I Sha was credited the next day (Sunday) and to my utmost dismay, he was the very first person I narrated my ordeal to out of frustration and he still went ahead to tell me what to do while sympathizing with me and as well raining curses on whoever carried out the act. Not knowing he was the very person.

How he was busted.

I went to bank the next day being Monday and UBA was really helpful. They gave me the details of the paga agent and the manager was so concerned about my case that he personally decided to message the betting site himself. The tears in my red eyes and the catarrh in my nose plus the hiccups must have really driven him to no choice or perhaps it's just God. He asked me to go to a nearby police station and make reports that they will tell me what to do. While I got there and they were asking for bribes inspite of my situation I returned to him (the manager) out of frustration and he decided to cut corners for me. I sincerely don't know how he did it.
All I know is that he sent sportybet a message and he asked me to come back the next day. The next day, Tuesday, I was there and he said they haven't replied him. I even thought it was the usual gimmick to frustrate me into moving on. I went back there the next day Wednesday and to my greatest surprise, the details from the betting account into which my money was credited was staring at me on the computer screen of the manager. I didn't need anyone to tell me who the culprit was. I was even thinking someone probably created a parody account of this culprit so as to further sway suspicion. But it was real.

It was John, my roommate of 3 years, my supposed best friend of 13 years. We've shared everything together in between these years. A feel for friendship wanted to let me overlook the whole thing but then when I thought about what I would have lost if not for mercy of God and when I thought about how he would have feigned innocence if he wasn't caught and would have wasted my life savings feeding his betting addiction,I trashed the feels.

He was handed over to the police which was where he narrated his tactics.
It took like forever before Sporty bet could refund my money tho, I have even almost lost interest. I just kept bombarding their email with a reminder.

Share your own experience.
SMH... Never trust nobody!
Re: Have You Ever Been Scammed By A Close Friend Or Relative? Share Your Experience by ipobarethieves: 10:08pm On Oct 26, 2021
Nor mind the scam artist.
Misternas89:

Baba correct spelling na “Moniker”. Stop these big big grammars abeg, u don pay Jeff2010?? I hate it when someone is being cheated just as you did to that young man.
Re: Have You Ever Been Scammed By A Close Friend Or Relative? Share Your Experience by SavageResponse(m): 12:23am On Oct 29, 2021
vinexe:
I can't never forget what happened to me in 2016..... in the pursue of traveling abroad.... it is a heartbreak story ….. I stumbled on this woman called joy she is a winners chapels member...… it was a friend that give me her contact then . and this lady stay in Abuja she told me that they can get a job for me in Canada cues I am in to industrial maintenance engineering... but I need to paid for the registration fees 20k . I said ok she send me her acct number I sent 20k for her...… after some weeks she called me requested for 30k that I should send it with my passport number... I send the 30k for her... this woman later called me to informed me that I need to come to Abuja for my biometric and other things and I also need to paid for my fight ticket and my bta to Canada, is my responsibility to take care of it … she told me to come to Abuja on the 16 of April 2016... but I need to send the total of 370k …. I said ok I call the person that directed me to her she said she traveled … that I should do what ever she told me to do .. she said by next month I will be traveling out of Nigeria.....I was very happy to hear this I don't know that the are working hand to hand . I began to sorts for money . then I have a Bajaj machine I bought about 120k , I started looking for a buyer at the end I managed to sold it 80k I said in my mind since I will be traveling out there is know need for me to keep the machine..so I send the 370k to her making it 420k total I have sent to her.... 3 days to 16 of April she called me asking me if I have a place to stay at Abuja I said know she said I need to paid for a hotel at least 2days she told me that were about 6 in number that is traveling to Canada that were going to meet each other in Abuja ... she said she can paid it for me cues all of us need to stay in one hotel … she said the hotel will cost about 22k by then i began to have bubbled mind make this thing no be scam ooo oh God help me... after i encouraged my self that I will be in Abuja by 3 days time to see every thing by my self... i send the 22kevery thing is now 442k... she send me address to come to Abuja gwagwrada presidential villa.... i enter bus from Lagos to Abuja . call Mrs. joy informed her that am on my way to Abuja she said ok when i get to park i should call her she will come and pick me .... i get to Abuja i called this woman number the number is switch off .. i keep on calling her but is not going through i stayed in Abuja for about 4 days calling this woman the number is not going i called the person that directed me to her the person said that she is not in the town maybe the woman have battery low.. i ask this person have battery for 3 days the next thing she cut the call and her number went off... I spend about 60k with my transportation to and FRO and hotel in Abuja. before i finally come back to Lagos.. i have lot every thing i have .. i am 28 years as of 2016 i want to killed my self i don't come outside for about 3days crying.. the next 4days i went to the bank were i usually send the money from i explained everything to the manager .. the manager ask me to give him the acct num which i did .. after every thing he told me that the person that have the acct is in delta state .... but for them to help me that i need to bring police report for them to see what they can do for me .... i went to police station after every thing i paid some money to them i was given police repot i go along with the receipt of the all transfer i made to the woman ..... so i took it to the bank so the manager told me that after they have finished what they want to do . i need to paid in 100k in to the acct so that the person will go to bank to withdraw the money and she will arrested on attempt to withdraw... i told the man that i don't have any money with me again ..... i went back to the police station and tell them what the manager said ... they told me not to send any money to the acct ... that the person will suspect that this is a planed work ….. the ask me to paid them 50k that the will do the job and i will get back my money.... i said ok let me go and look for money for them... na so i take run run run ...... and didn't return............... till today the number is not going through .. pls sorry for my long post am typing with system

Abeg no vex, didn't you do composition in the school you attended?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Emir Of Kano Deserves No Credit: The Father Of Ese, Mr. Charles Oruru / Internet Fraud: EFCC Secures Four Convictions In One Day / Bullet From My Gun Killed Babcock Student But I Didn’t Fire It - Security Guard

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 155
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.