Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,610 members, 7,812,999 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 03:14 AM

Exclusive Pictures Of Bishop David Oyedepo In His 4.2 Billion Naira Private Jet. - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Exclusive Pictures Of Bishop David Oyedepo In His 4.2 Billion Naira Private Jet. (91484 Views)

Throwback Photo Of Bishop David Oyedepo And His Family / David Oyedepo In Akwa-Ibom For Udom's Thanksgiving (Photos) / The Actual Declaration Of Bishop David Oyedepo. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Exclusive Pictures Of Bishop David Oyedepo In His 4.2 Billion Naira Private Jet. by Kanto: 11:56pm On Jun 03, 2011
look at foolish nigerians celebrating a 419 pastor. After scamming people of their hard earned money he goes to buy private jets while the church members remain in penury. Not a single thing is given back to the church community. Even the schools and hospitals built by the church are for business purposes designed only for the elites to the exclusion of ordinary poor church members as those schools and hospitals are very very expensive. These 419 pastors also support all the corrupt governments ruining nigeria.

Scams are always done through tricks and deception and never by force. So the fact that these 419 churches that have franchised and proliferated all over the world does not force people to part with their money does not make it any less a scam. Like every scam they use deception to fleece people of their hard earned money.

Using the name of god to do 419 is the worst type of fraud. Nigerians should beware of these fraudulent churches that have added no value to the society beyond scamming the gullible public for their personal enrichment.

1 Like

Re: Exclusive Pictures Of Bishop David Oyedepo In His 4.2 Billion Naira Private Jet. by dabraska: 12:03am On Jun 04, 2011
OgidiBoy:

Dude do me a favor and read your post and see if it's making any sense. How a grown man can write like that and claim to be a freaking graduate just

makes me sad. I'm not asking you to be perfect with your writing skills, because I'm not either. But come dude write like someone that has at least seen

the four walls of a classroom no offense.

none taken, oh! Am sorry abt dat,
Dis is 1 of ur 1st tyms of usin a system innit? I undastand, i cudnt write in full words cus am using a fone nd i assume we r educated nd we can read nd undastand 'round here.
Dese r calld abbreviations, gettit? In dis our age nd tym, sum pple r still strugglin 2 read abbreviations, Ur rily old! It took u sum tym 2 get conversant wif I.T. Wow! If i'm 2 write evryfin in full, it will take up space nd it'll b tym wastin, i hv 2 break evryfin down 2 u so dat u'll undastand cus u appear lyk a nt-so-bright person 2 me. But if u still hv questions, lemme know, i'll expantiate furtha,
Re: Exclusive Pictures Of Bishop David Oyedepo In His 4.2 Billion Naira Private Jet. by EgbeNak: 12:06am On Jun 04, 2011
@Kanto
You put it very succintly when you said :
"Scams are always done through tricks and deception and never by force. So the fact that these 419 churches that have franchised and proliferated all over the world does not force people to part with their money does not make it any less a scam. Like every scam they use deception to fleece people of their hard earned money."

1 Like

Re: Exclusive Pictures Of Bishop David Oyedepo In His 4.2 Billion Naira Private Jet. by dabraska: 12:10am On Jun 04, 2011
High_Chief:

The bolded has said it all. So you go to church for material gains? or you go to church for salvation? pls explain
'seek he 1st d kingdom of God nd His righteousness, nd all oda tins shall b added unto u', was dat part omitted 4rm ur bible??
Re: Exclusive Pictures Of Bishop David Oyedepo In His 4.2 Billion Naira Private Jet. by dabraska: 12:31am On Jun 04, 2011
Egbe Nak:

Maybe you have made it indeed, but 90% of your fellow worshiper's are still very poor. Do you fast or pray better than the other 90% members of your church. You probably became wealthy because you worked hard for it.

NB
Please tell your pastor its almost impossible for him to go to heaven, except you're one of the few who actually think its possible for camel to go through the eye of a needle .

to b sincere bro, ur d only 1 dat has raised a valid nd resonable point on dis thread, i appreciate ur point but its all about rubbin minds togeda. dats d problem, pple go 2 church cus of wat dey can gain hence, discardn d fact dat God is nt a magician, dats y dey remain poor, u myt say he's scammin us, but ma questn still remains, y is d church still growin? Dere mst b sumtin dats attractn members 2 d church, Mind u, d church operates on 4 services mw, evry sunday,
Wen i cum 2 church, I see d expensiv cars dat r being brought 2 church so ma friend, i'll say its way below 90% of poor pple, i believe dese set of pple come 2 church 4 d wrong reasons dats y dey remain poor,
Try 2 undastand ma point here, its nt lyk am backin him up but, we r calln him names, jst wat if, he's truly a man of God? dats ma question, It means we hv commitd a grave sin by mockn a man of God. Dats y i sed ur wisdom shud come into play in tins lyk dis, Pple on dis thread hv loose tongues!
Re: Exclusive Pictures Of Bishop David Oyedepo In His 4.2 Billion Naira Private Jet. by chardino(m): 12:37am On Jun 04, 2011
While poor members of the church are encouraged to give for the work of God, thieving pastors are buying private jet worth N4.2b with it. Scam in the name of God. But he see the heart of all men.

1 Like

Re: Exclusive Pictures Of Bishop David Oyedepo In His 4.2 Billion Naira Private Jet. by Connoisseur(m): 12:38am On Jun 04, 2011
dabraska:

i understand wat your sayin buh u shud know dat dis man has 3 universities (2 completed nd 1 in progress), he has written books which r best sellers, he has primary nd secondary schools, nd most importantly, he's an architect! The moni he used 2 build covenant Uni was 4rm seeds, (Jimoh Ibrahim alone contributed 250 million), nw, he's job is nt 2 giv pple moni, dats whr u get it wrong, his job is 2 empower pple, spiritually so dat dey get their own money, isnt it a member of d church dat gave 89 million as a seed, nd won a 500 million contract, dis is wat we r talkn about,
I swear, i was finkn lyk dat 2 buh I came 2 realize d fact

am happy you said people donated. They donated because they believe it was for goodwill, they believed it would be used for a greater good. Its like a common wealth (just like the oil from the ND) handed over to a man (just like our politicians) for the greater good of a people (the masses). No single man has the moral authority to use the commonwealth for his own luxury and pleasure at the expense of other benefits. The universities he built, are they in his name. I believe he holds it in trust for this organisation he is the head of. It isnt just right; this blatant display of affluence in the midst of abject poverty among his people and coming from a 'man of God', thats really gross.
Re: Exclusive Pictures Of Bishop David Oyedepo In His 4.2 Billion Naira Private Jet. by dabraska: 12:42am On Jun 04, 2011
ibrahim007:

Make una shun dis dabraska boi,dude never dey grow hair for prick sef.I wonder if he knows there's eternal lyfe.Mugu plenty!

ibrahim dey folo me talk? R u a christian? If ur nt den scrap outta here, but if u r, den luk @ ur comment, does it make sense 2 ny age lvl of human beings?
U seem 2 hv d notion dat u must b poor 2 preach d word of God nd dats totally wrong! Change it or go bak 2 Islam!
Re: Exclusive Pictures Of Bishop David Oyedepo In His 4.2 Billion Naira Private Jet. by dabraska: 12:57am On Jun 04, 2011
Connoisseur:

am happy you said people donated. They donated because they believe it was for goodwill, they believed it would be used for a greater good. Its like a common wealth (just like the oil from the ND) handed over to a man (just like our politicians) for the greater good of a people (the masses). No single man has the moral authority to use the commonwealth for his own luxury and pleasure at the expense of  other benefits. The universities he built, are they in his name. I believe he holds it in trust for this organisation he is the head of. It isnt just right; this blatant display of affluence in the midst of abject poverty among his people and coming from a 'man of God', thats really gross.

correct point! Where were u guys since And u made me argue wif riffraffs.
D man is a man of God nd also a 1st class business man. D schools built by him r strictly 4 business, if he sed it was 4 charity, we wud hv had a point by nw, but we jst feel its easy, he spent 14 million in a month on diesel alone all 'round canaanland, d lecturers in covenant uni hv d best payment scheme around nw, u see, dis tins cost moni. D only tin is dat d sch is spiritually inclined wif wateva is bin taught in winners! And mind u, Covenant uni has a board of trustees, comprisin of Jimoh Ibrahim nd d rest so he cnt take decisions solely but he's d head of d board. So u see, its lyk ur a preacher in ur church, nd u opened a skul, ur skul is a different entity 4rm d church nd shud b run as 1. So ma friend, hope u undastand whr am comin 4rm?
Re: Exclusive Pictures Of Bishop David Oyedepo In His 4.2 Billion Naira Private Jet. by HighChief4(m): 1:04am On Jun 04, 2011
dabraska:

correct point! Where were u guys since And u made me argue wif riffraffs.
D man is a man of God nd also a 1st class business man. D schools built by him r strictly 4 business, if he sed it was 4 charity, we wud hv had a point by nw, but we jst feel its easy, he spent 14 million in a month on diesel alone all 'round canaanland, d lecturers in covenant uni hv d best payment scheme around nw, u see, dis tins cost moni. D only tin is dat d sch is spiritually inclined wif wateva is bin taught in winners! And mind u, Covenant uni has a board of trustees, comprisin of Jimoh Ibrahim nd d rest so he cnt take decisions solely but he's d head of d board. So u see, its lyk your a preacher in your church, nd u opened a skul, your skul is a different entity 4rm d church nd shud b run as 1. So ma friend, hope u undastand whr am comin 4rm?

Is it the same Jimoh Ibrahim that made his money through Abacha when he was their lawyer? Why do these thieving pastors always link with the looters in the society. Is Jimoh IBRAHIM even a christian? Its all for money these days for these "preaching" thieves
Re: Exclusive Pictures Of Bishop David Oyedepo In His 4.2 Billion Naira Private Jet. by Connoisseur(m): 1:14am On Jun 04, 2011
What i dont understand is the concept of a private jet.
What purpose will this jet serve and please dont give me the excuse of going to the hinterlands. Give me one very satisfying answer but bear in mind this isnt the first one.
Seriously, dont you think three private jets is too much for a head of state

2 Likes

Re: Exclusive Pictures Of Bishop David Oyedepo In His 4.2 Billion Naira Private Jet. by dabraska: 1:18am On Jun 04, 2011
High_Chief:

Is it the same Jimoh Ibrahim that made his money through Abacha when he was their lawyer? Why do these thieving pastors always link with the looters in the society. Is Jimoh IBRAHIM even a christian? Its all for money these days for these "preaching" thieves

grin grin grin grin grin u myt b ryt sha, buh mayb he's born again, grin grin grin
buh all am sayn is dat we shud mind d kinda words we use wen addressin dese pple.
Re: Exclusive Pictures Of Bishop David Oyedepo In His 4.2 Billion Naira Private Jet. by dabraska: 1:24am On Jun 04, 2011
Connoisseur:

What i dont understand is the concept of a private jet.
What purpose will this jet serve and please dont give me the excuse of going to the hinterlands. Give me one very satisfying answer but bear in mind this isnt the first one.
Seriously, dont you think three private jets is too much for a head of state

lol, Personally, i feel its 2 much but if u look at it, incase mayb he has dese events lyk shiloh, he'll use d jets 2 fly d delegates ova 2 d venue nd also members livin far 4rm base. He also used his jets 2 fly professors 4rm covenant uni 2 landmark 2 jst see d sch, u noe, fins lyk dat, Dats wat i fink buh 4 is 2 much,
Dana Air dosent even hv up 2 4 aircrafts, An airline!
Re: Exclusive Pictures Of Bishop David Oyedepo In His 4.2 Billion Naira Private Jet. by HighChief4(m): 1:30am On Jun 04, 2011
^^^Stealing is stealing my brother, pls conscientize your other members and save them some change

Re: Exclusive Pictures Of Bishop David Oyedepo In His 4.2 Billion Naira Private Jet. by rhymz(m): 1:52am On Jun 04, 2011
Seriously, I have lost faith in many of these so-called men of God. Last time I got angry arguing this same issue with a member of the church, at a point I thought I was arguing with a programmed robot as he kept missing the pointing and continued to aimlessly quote the bible to support his claims.
My question is; how does owning a jet help you win souls for christ, is it not out of place that you are going to convince people in remote areas to accept christ (as often claimed) in a private jet? A private jet in the Remotest part of the world, does it not sound stoooopid?
How many of these MOGs are in any elaborate programs that show young people how to succeed after school, work with government and give skills to poor people. Even the white man with all his greed and vanity had missionaries who where dedicated to the development of people's welfare, they had quality and heavily subsidized schools, they created vocational centres and the likes to better the way people live.
Today all one sees in all these new generation preachers is vanity, imagine somebody giving us a list of MOGs with private jets like it is competition, that is the latest fad now, acquiring flying toys.
How about putting that money to heavily subsidize school feez and other payments at his University or is it the church's so that ordinary members can get thesame quality education. What exactly is the benefits of being a member of all these new happy-feel-good churches exploiting our collective expectations of things getting better. Is it the very kool and hip soundbites from them about prosperity and stuff, if that is all there is to being there then I could as well quit my membership and listen to rap music am sure I will get original lines to give me that sunday placebo.
These pastors are as vane and extremely materialistic as any criminal politician, their sense of fairness is warped, they all lose it when the money starts rolling in, the geedy beast in them begins to come on strongly like a designer outfit, they may try to cover it up with preachings and misquotations but a discerning mind still will know.

1 Like

Re: Exclusive Pictures Of Bishop David Oyedepo In His 4.2 Billion Naira Private Jet. by Nobody: 1:57am On Jun 04, 2011
@Dabraska

Some simple questions for you to answer

1. Is Oyedepo a spiritual leader or a businessman? or both?
2. Wouldn't you agree, that if he's a businessman, his capital was raised from the church accounts?
3. I agree that Covenant University's not a charity university, but why build a university whose fees can't be paid by 80% of the church's congregations? I would put the figure at 80% just to be a bit considerate.
4. Most of your kind do not have a clue why that private jet was bought. All you do is recycle stories he tells you every Sunday (how he was poor, how he walked in rain) and then say he deserves the enjoyment he's enjoying now. But isn't there something called modesty?
5. Where does the Bible say 'drop 20naira, and get 1000naira in return'. Where did you get this principle from? Does God organize lotteries?
6. I would commend the way you have defended your pastor so well tonight. He's done his job well, if he can do no wrong in your eyes.
7. When someone has only Oyedepo's books, attends his church, views every believer as as silly idiot, thinks Oyedepo's way is the only way to prosperity, has his pics as phone wallpaper, then it's very clear whom his God is.
Re: Exclusive Pictures Of Bishop David Oyedepo In His 4.2 Billion Naira Private Jet. by Decryptor(m): 4:43am On Jun 04, 2011
Na wah o! I knew when dis man started his ministry @ ilorin and then Kaduna way back in 1982. I was a kid then. now see levels
Re: Exclusive Pictures Of Bishop David Oyedepo In His 4.2 Billion Naira Private Jet. by justwise(m): 7:16am On Jun 04, 2011
rhymz:
Seriously, I have lost faith in many of these so-called men of God. Last time I got angry arguing this same issue with a member of the church, at a point I thought I was arguing with a programmed robot as he kept missing the pointing and continued to aimlessly quote the bible to support his claims.My question is; how does owning a jet help you win souls for christ, is it not out of place that you are going to convince people in remote areas to accept christ (as often claimed) in a private jet? A private jet in the Remotest part of the world, does it not sound stoooopid? How many of these MOGs are in any elaborate programs that show young people how to succeed after school, work with government and give skills to poor people. Even the white man with all his greed and vanity had missionaries who where dedicated to the development of people's welfare, they had quality and heavily subsidized schools, they created vocational centres and the likes to better the way people live.Today all one sees in all these new generation preachers is vanity, imagine somebody giving us a list of MOGs with private jets like it is competition, that is the latest fad now, acquiring flying toys.How about putting that money to heavily subsidize school feez and other payments at his University or is it the church's so that ordinary members can get thesame quality education. What exactly is the benefits of being a member of all these new happy-feel-good churches exploiting our collective expectations of things getting better. Is it the very kool and hip soundbites from them about prosperity and stuff, if that is all there is to being there then I could as well quit my membership and listen to rap music am sure I will get original lines to give me that sunday placebo.These pastors are as vane and extremely materialistic as any criminal politician, their sense of fairness is warped, they all lose it when the money starts rolling in, the geedy beast in them begins to come on strongly like a designer outfit, they may try to cover it up with preachings and misquotations but a discerning mind still will know.
Very well written, i have read some good posts here and u have just added to the list.
God bless

1 Like

Re: Exclusive Pictures Of Bishop David Oyedepo In His 4.2 Billion Naira Private Jet. by stagger: 7:20am On Jun 04, 2011
Years back when the man was trekking, going to the mountain to pray and birthing the ministry more than 30 years ago, no one was talking. Now people are making noise because Winners Chapel (not even the man) has 4 planes.

The likes of Bankole are busy buying houses for their girlfriends in Maitama; no one dey make noise.

But when Bishop buys a plane, it must be offering from church. How much church offering can buy a jet?

Please, STOP ALL THE DISSING. ANYONE WHO WANTS TO BUY A JET SHOULD GO AND WORK OUT BUSINESS HE CAN DO TO GET ONE. PERIOD!
Re: Exclusive Pictures Of Bishop David Oyedepo In His 4.2 Billion Naira Private Jet. by justwise(m): 7:22am On Jun 04, 2011
musKeeto:

@DabraskaSome simple questions for you to answer
1. Is Oyedepo a spiritual leader or a businessman? or both?
2. Wouldn't you agree, that if he's a businessman, his capital was raised from the church accounts?
3. I agree that Covenant University's not a charity university, but why build a university whose fees can't be paid by 80% of the church's congregations? I would put the figure at 80% just to be a bit considerate.
4. Most of your kind do not have a clue why that private jet was bought. All you do is recycle stories he tells you every Sunday (how he was poor, how he walked in rain) and then say he deserves the enjoyment he's enjoying now. But isn't there something called modesty?
5. Where does the Bible say 'drop 20naira, and get 1000naira in return'. Where did you get this principle from? Does God organize lotteries?
6. I would commend the way you have defended your pastor so well tonight. He's done his job well, if he can do no wrong in your eyes.
7. When someone has only Oyedepo's books, attends his church, views every believer as as silly , thinks Oyedepo's way is the only way to prosperity, has his pics as phone wallpaper, then it's very clear whom his God is.
Don't waste ur time expecting a sensible answer from Dabraska he is like a young naive adult recruited by Taliban to carry out suicide bomb, he sees everything like black and white. Your level of reasoning is far beyond his comprehension.
Re: Exclusive Pictures Of Bishop David Oyedepo In His 4.2 Billion Naira Private Jet. by justwise(m): 7:25am On Jun 04, 2011
stagger:

Years back when the man was trekking, going to the mountain to pray and birthing the ministry more than 30 years ago, no one was talking. Now people are making noise because Winners Chapel (not even the man) has 4 planes.
The likes of Bankole are busy buying houses for their girlfriends in Maitama; no one dey make noise.
But when Bishop buys a plane, it must be offering from church. How much church offering can buy a jet?
Please, STOP ALL THE DISSING. ANYONE WHO WANTS TO BUY A JET SHOULD GO AND WORK OUT BUSINESS HE CAN DO TO GET ONE. PERIOD!

If its not church money can u tell me how he made the to buy 4 planes?
Re: Exclusive Pictures Of Bishop David Oyedepo In His 4.2 Billion Naira Private Jet. by stagger: 7:31am On Jun 04, 2011
justwise:

If its not church money can u tell me how he made the to buy 4 planes?

Why don't you tell us where you think the money was made, then I will tell you where the money was made.
You take the population of Winners members, multiply by what you think the average offering is.

Then deduct the money that is used to pay school fees of thousands of indigent children. Also subtract the millions that is given to indigent ministries for ministry work. Also subtract what is given to orphans and widows monthly by the ministry. Then also deduct all that is given by Winners to various charity causes, the free feeding programmes, etc.

THEN YOU WORK OUT THE MATHS HERE FOR US ALL TO SEE, HOW MUCH OFFERING MONEY CAN BUY A JET.

FOOL! angry
Re: Exclusive Pictures Of Bishop David Oyedepo In His 4.2 Billion Naira Private Jet. by justwise(m): 7:55am On Jun 04, 2011
stagger:

Why don't you tell us where you think the money was made, then I will tell you where the money was made.
You take the population of Winners members, multiply by what you think the average offering is.

Then deduct the money that is used to pay school fees of thousands of indigent children. Also subtract the millions that is given to indigent ministries for ministry work. Also subtract what is given to orphans and widows monthly by the ministry. Then also deduct all that is given by Winners to various charity causes, the free feeding programmes, etc.
THEN YOU WORK OUT THE MATHS HERE FOR US ALL TO SEE, HOW MUCH OFFERING MONEY CAN BUY A JET.
FOOL! angry
grin grin grin grin
I have never read such bunch of garbage in my life, are u on drug or something? Let me ask u again, if its not the church money, where else did he get money to buy 4 planes? Is that question too hard to answer?
Re: Exclusive Pictures Of Bishop David Oyedepo In His 4.2 Billion Naira Private Jet. by Nobody: 8:04am On Jun 04, 2011
stagger:

FOOL! angry

Wonderful. You forgot to include the monopoly he runs in canaanland. The water, food and other resources church members pay for while there. For example, in CU, students have to pay for goods and services from businesses which are indirectly under him. When students are not allowed phones, they pAy to make phone calls at different call centers within the school. Since one has no choice, you have to pay whatever price has been set. I remember that CU is a place where 200 naira would get you medium sized spoons of rice, one egg, tiny beef and two pure water.
Is Oyedepo a successful businessman? Judging his recent aacquisitions, yes He is
Is he a successful clergyman? Judging by those whom have been linked to his ministry (Jimoh Ibrahim, Ibru) that's for the wise to discern.
Re: Exclusive Pictures Of Bishop David Oyedepo In His 4.2 Billion Naira Private Jet. by stagger: 8:16am On Jun 04, 2011
musKeeto:

Wonderful. You forgot to include the monopoly he runs in canaanland. The water, food and other resources church members pay for while there. For example, in CU, students have to pay for goods and services from businesses which are indirectly under him. When students are not allowed phones, they pAy to make phone calls at different call centers within the school. Since one has no choice, you have to pay whatever price has been set. I remember that CU is a place where 200 naira would get you medium sized spoons of rice, one egg, tiny beef and two pure water.
Is Oyedepo a successful businessman? Judging his recent aacquisitions, yes He is
Is he a successful clergyman? Judging by those whom have been linked to his ministry (Jimoh Ibrahim, Ibru) that's for the wise to discern.

I am happy you mentioned this. Covenant University is a business concern. That university pays the highest salaries for any university in Nigeria.

If you tell me students have to pay for calls, etc, then that would explain ONE SOURCE of income for the bishop. If you tell me about the sales figures for his numerous books which are read widely in the Christian world, then that would explain ANOTHER SOURCE of income.

If you tell me about the fees paid by students in Covenant University, that would be ANOTHER SOURCE OF INCOME.

Whether we like it or not, the Bishop has great business sense. He writes books and sells them, and has various business ventures that pay for all the glitteratti you see. Maybe people do not know it, but Presidents give him gifts.

A president of a country will not give a N500,000 gift. That is chicken change. If a president gives you a gift, you should know how much that is.

What I will not subscribe to is people saying that OFFERINGS are what paid for the planes, because we all know that is a load of crap. Offerings cannot pay for even an engine of a jet.
Re: Exclusive Pictures Of Bishop David Oyedepo In His 4.2 Billion Naira Private Jet. by rhymz(m): 8:24am On Jun 04, 2011
stagger:

FOOL! angry
sound like another programmed robot that.
What crass nonsense!
What exactly are you trying to argue? That he single-handedly built his University, church auditoriums and other bis interests without any resort to the church coffers?
You sound very dumb and childish, unless the MOG had a fortune 500 job career, all that wealth and glitz are a product of the church-a majority of whom will never use any of them or be beneficiaries to.
I will start taking them serious when they start showing compassion and sensitivity to the plight of others not sweet talk, feel-good soundbites and inducing people to give more money to increase your lagesse and support a lavish life style. Tomorrow na, we go hear another Eddie Long kind of story, that is how they climax their pastoring career with nothiness.

1 Like

Re: Exclusive Pictures Of Bishop David Oyedepo In His 4.2 Billion Naira Private Jet. by Nobody: 8:32am On Jun 04, 2011
Some people are just impossibly daft and cannot be reasoned with. So it is now plausible to argue that one inconsequential Nigerian pastor can own 4 private jets and live a luxurious lifestyle merely by being an author of useless books that are not even rated as international best sellers. Even legendary Nigerian authors like Chinua Achebe and Wole Soyinka whose books are best sellers CANNOT boast of N1b in total net worth. And to think that the ONLY officially recognized dollar billionaire author in the world is JK. Rowlings of the Harry Potter fame!

But no. Brainless goons would swear that this thief made his billions from writing books and receiving 'gifts' from presidents. I can't even laugh at this idiocy because it is too tragic to be funny. Some people are beyond redemption, really.
Re: Exclusive Pictures Of Bishop David Oyedepo In His 4.2 Billion Naira Private Jet. by Gsmxpert(m): 8:33am On Jun 04, 2011
if a man of god was poor, they will say he claim to be sent by god yet has nothing to show, chai nigerians
Re: Exclusive Pictures Of Bishop David Oyedepo In His 4.2 Billion Naira Private Jet. by rexfada(m): 8:36am On Jun 04, 2011
Y would he be flying in a private jet when some members of his congregation can hardly get a three square meal?
Re: Exclusive Pictures Of Bishop David Oyedepo In His 4.2 Billion Naira Private Jet. by justwise(m): 8:38am On Jun 04, 2011
rhymz:

sound like another programmed robot that.
What crass nonsense!
What exactly are you trying to argue? That he single-handedly built his University, church auditoriums and other bis interests without any resort to the church coffers?
You sound very dumb and childish, unless the MOG had a fortune 500 job career, all that wealth and glitz are a product of the church-a majority of whom will never use any of them or be beneficiaries to.
I will start taking them serious when they start showing compassion and sensitivity to the plight of others not sweet talk, feel-good soundbites and inducing people to give more money to increase your lagesse and support a lavish life style. Tomorrow na, we go hear another Eddie Long kind of story, that is how they climax their pastoring career with nothiness.

Thank you!!!!!!! this is what i'm talking about, a pastor buying 4 private jet!!! while some of his members go to the bed on empty stomach, how can an university owned by a church charge so much school fees that only a few rich can afford to go there? A man of God busy associating and accepting money from politician who have ruined Nigeria, what is the different between a thieving politician who uses state money to enrich himself and a pastor who uses church money to buy private jets, not 1 or 2 or 3 but FOUR!!!! can somebody please tell me what a pastor will be doing with FOUR  private jets?
Re: Exclusive Pictures Of Bishop David Oyedepo In His 4.2 Billion Naira Private Jet. by dabraska: 9:41am On Jun 04, 2011
Justdumb!
U appear 2 b a realist, mayb dats wat u fink, but in d actual sense, u've defied all laws of reasonin, dnt u read prev comments? Whr in d bible, did u see dat offerins r supposed 2 b givn back 2 members dat dnt hv moni? U jst open dat pi-hole u call mouth jst bcus u hv bin grntd access 2 an I.T device. Its sed in d bible dat from d word of God, dat pastors will earn a living. Am nt tryn 2 make a point here again buh 2 educate ur de-illusioned mind! 4 jets myt b 2 much but he has d moni shikena! U fink Covenant uni nd all oda institutions r 4 d church? It is a business organisation, nd 2 run dat place isnt easy. He has d biggest auditorium in d world, was it d offerings dat he used 2 build d place, if u say it is, den i rest ma case, u r prolly poor nd wen u see a rich man, its lyk his moni isnt clean. We r nt complainin in his church, instead we r gettn berra, e sure me die say wen hunga don beat una tire, u go still come him church nd b inclined wif d prosperity teachins, nt preachings! grin grin
4 heavens sake, di man has empowerment programmes, he has scholarship programmes,
U wen u get moni, donate evrytin 2 charity nd ur reward will b in heaven,

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Six And Seven Book Of Moses Free Download. / How Some Ladies Attract Spirit Husbands / Pastor Mboro Prays For Couple In Their Bedroom While They Almost Have Sex

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 105
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.