Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,015 members, 7,817,993 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:32 AM

My Husband Watched Me Suffer For Three Years Before Confessing The Truth - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / My Husband Watched Me Suffer For Three Years Before Confessing The Truth (4745 Views)

Nigerian Man Posts Video Of Girlfriend Confessing To Cheating (video) / Best Man Steals Bride From Groom After Confessing Love In His Wedding Speech / Pre-wedding: We Met Through Her Mum Three Years Later And Now A Date Fixed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Husband Watched Me Suffer For Three Years Before Confessing The Truth by felixawe(m): 5:59am On Oct 23, 2021
Right after the National service, I got pregnant. It wasn’t planned. It was so out of the blue that Collins, my boyfriend then thought I was lying to him. He asked, “But you took medicine after everything?” I said, “I did. You were there when I swallowed it.” He asked, “So what happened?” I said, “I still got pregnant.” He said, “No this can’t be true. Check again.” I spent the night with him. Early the next morning, I did the test with the first urinal that came out. The two stripes lighted up in all their red glory. He said, “That can’t be true.” I said, “You’re looking at it right in front of you so why can’t it be true?” Then he asked the question I knew he was going to ask, “What are we going to do?” I didn’t think twice about it. I said, “I’m pregnant. What do pregnant women do? They give birth, right? I’m going to give birth.”

He started singing the canticles of the worried boyfriend; “Why do you want to give birth? Are you prepared? Do you have a job? Why do you want to bring a child into this world and watch it suffer because of ill-preparation? We can’t have the child. I’m not ready.” I said, ”One day you’ll be ready. He/she will still be your child so don’t worry.” He got angry as I expected. He didn’t pick my calls for days, as I expected. Later when he called he asked, “Have you made up your mind yet?” I said, “I made up my mind the very first day we talked about it so what mind make up are you talking about again?” He said, “Count me out of it. I don’t know anything about the pregnancy.” I said, “So be it.”

The news about the pregnancy made my parents angry, especially my father. Days later, my dad walked into my bedroom early one morning and asked, “What is the child’s father saying?” I said, “He said he can’t have it.” He asked me, “I guess he’s as jobless as you are.” I said, “Yeah, we both completed national service together.” He said, “Shame on you for getting pregnant with an idiot. I thought you knew better.” I didn’t argue. He was right. That boy was an idiot. He’s still is.

Five years later, I’m working and doing fine with my little girl by my side. I met a lot of men who backed out immediately I told them I had a daughter. Those who wanted to stick around regardless of my child didn’t have our future in mind. They just wanted to be with me so later they can bounce off and go for a woman without a child. I saw through them early. I didn’t give them the chance to waste my time. I’d rather be alone with my child than entertain people who couldn’t afford to have me and my daughter together. We are a package. Two peas in a pod story. The torchlight and the battery affair.

For a long time, I was alone and enjoying my life until one day a man walked up to me and said hello. It was Christmas and we had closed from church. He said, “When you were entering the church I said hello but you didn’t look my way.” I said, “Oh sorry about that. I was too late my mind was all over the place.” He mentioned his name and asked about mine. He looked new to the church. Ours wasn’t a megachurch that you walk in and get lost. It’s a small church that everyone knew everyone. The kind of church your pew remains empty when you don’t go to church. I asked him, “Are you a new member?” He said, “I’m a distant member. I was born in this church. My mom and dad lived all their lives in this church until their passing days. Whenever I’m in town. I worship here.”

My daughter pulled my hand and said, “Mommy let’s go home.” He looked down at her and said, “Oh don’t do that. Allow me to talk to your mom for a few minutes ok?” We stood at the church entrance for close to fifteen minutes, talking and asking each other questions. He said, “I’ve been seeing you around since I came here. I think I like you. Do you mind if we become friends?” I said, “Not at all.” So we exchanged numbers and continued the conversation from there.

One day after church, I followed him to his house. Not long afterward, I opened my doors for him to also visit. He had the right age. He had the right sense of humor and was considerate in the ways he treated me. I asked him, ”What’s your story?”

He had lived in the UK for about twenty years. Got married, had three kids, and became a widower when his wife died of cancer. “Since then, my life had never been the same. She was the pillar of my life. A Jamaican who lived her life like a Ghanaian after we got married.” I asked him, “So where are your kids now?” He said, “They are living with their grandparents in Jamaica.” Our friendship flew on the wings of what we had in common; kids. It didn’t take a very long time until he proposed. I love him. I really did so I said yes.

We dated distantly for two years and later got married. A year after marriage, he came for me. I had to leave my daughter with my parents until conditions are right for her to join us. I’ve been living with him for the past three years and we still don’t have a child. I asked him, ”Are we doing something wrong?” He said, “I’m even amazed. Looking at how hard we’ve been working towards it, we should have a child by now.” We kept trying, visiting hospitals, looking for a remedy. When I came back to Ghana for a visit, I remember my mother boiling herbs and other drugs for me to take. She said, “When you get back to your husband, it will be one touch. You’ll call me and give me your testimony.”

I went back, had a lot of action but nothing happened. On our third wedding anniversary, this man took me on a trip I was dying for. I was happy. I felt lucky. I thanked my God for bringing him my way. I said, “I wished I could give him a child to make this marriage complete.” It was a week’s trip. On the third day, he said, “I have a confession to make. I hope and pray you forgive me because that’s all I will need after the confession.” I sat stiff. I looked into his eyes. I said, “Go on.” I knew for sure that my happiness was about to be shattered. “I have a confession to make…” almost always doesn’t end well.

He said, “When my wife’s health was deteriorating, we didn’t want to add pregnancy to her numerous problems so I had a vasectomy.” My system shut down immediately. I died for a minute. I wasn’t listening again. All I heard was, “Are you here with me?” I said, “Please take it back. What did you just say?” He said, “Yeah you heard me right.” “And it took you five good years to tell me? You’re heartless. Please take me home.” He tried all he could to make us stay but I said, “No, take me home. You didn’t bring me here to make me happy. Take me home.”

For days I couldn’t sleep. He kept apologizing. I asked, ”But why would you do that?” He said, “You already have a daughter so I thought it wouldn’t be a problem?” I said, “You knew it wouldn’t be a problem so why didn’t you tell me?” He said, “Forgive me. It’s my mistake and I take full responsibility for that.” I said, “It’s over. I will go back home and live my life like this never happened. If you can lie about this, I wonder what else you’ve lied about.” He said, “I can swear on my parents’ grave, this is all about it. There’s nothing more.” I said, “Good for your parents’ grave but I’m out. You’re very selfish and a dangerous human being. You watched me go through emotional pains, visit hospitals, go to Ghana, tasting concoctions. Meanwhile, you had the answer. What kind of wickedness is that?”

Currently, we are both in Ghana. I’ve decided to stay here and begin life again. I don’t see myself living through that lie. It would be difficult for me. I want kids. If the man I marry doesn’t want kids, at least he should be bold enough to bring the discussion to the table so the two of us will know what we are going in for right from the beginning. This one didn’t do that. He’s also not ready to give me a divorce, asking me to change my mind so I can live for what he wants and not what I want.

Am I wrong in any way? I have a child so it should be Ok for me to marry a man who doesn’t want to have a child and yet wasn’t truthful about it? Am I making a mistake for asking for a divorce?

Please advice
[url][/url]https://silentbeads.com/my-husband-watched-me-suffer-for-three-years-before-confessing-the-truth/

2 Likes

Re: My Husband Watched Me Suffer For Three Years Before Confessing The Truth by Bola146(f): 6:09am On Oct 23, 2021
Re: My Husband Watched Me Suffer For Three Years Before Confessing The Truth by Kingpin1000: 6:19am On Oct 23, 2021
What's the name of the movie again?

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Husband Watched Me Suffer For Three Years Before Confessing The Truth by Nobody: 6:30am On Oct 23, 2021
Anyone who read the long epistle should summarise for me.

1 Like

Re: My Husband Watched Me Suffer For Three Years Before Confessing The Truth by IgweBUIKE1(m): 6:34am On Oct 23, 2021
Kingpin1000:
fictious ghallyhood

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Husband Watched Me Suffer For Three Years Before Confessing The Truth by Unlettered: 7:19am On Oct 23, 2021
Joysticks:

Its a good story, she got preggo at early stage, moved on after the idiot knackee refused to be available for their daughter. Years later got married to another “nice” who lost his first wife. They tried to conceive but unfortunately he couldnt tell her that had vasectomy.

So she left him and moved on. Now she is asking if her decision is harsh.

Back to the topic;

OP i believe people should have their rules and guidelines. Rules that they work with and not to compromise for anything. You felt betrayed and had to take up what you felt was the right decision.

16 Likes

Re: My Husband Watched Me Suffer For Three Years Before Confessing The Truth by zukky79: 7:58am On Oct 23, 2021
It can be undone.

1 Like

Re: My Husband Watched Me Suffer For Three Years Before Confessing The Truth by Ajfems(m): 8:00am On Oct 23, 2021
I weak. She still want baby for this economy..

2 Likes

Re: My Husband Watched Me Suffer For Three Years Before Confessing The Truth by bigjackass: 8:10am On Oct 23, 2021
Superstory undecided
The writer thought he had written a sweet story not knowing that vasectomy can be reversed if you no longer want it

6 Likes

Re: My Husband Watched Me Suffer For Three Years Before Confessing The Truth by Nobody: 8:12am On Oct 23, 2021
You even see someone willing to manage you sef after your ugly past, you want to leave him.
What wrong has he done?

He has children, you too have and he's not worried or putting pressure on you to have more. What else are you looking for?

He's even better than you because he was legally married and did what he did to save his lovely wife which further makes him a responsible and loving husband material but you with your ugly past are still the one trying to act the victim here. Unto what?

Your baby daddy that outrightly rejected you and your baby, what did you do to him?

Abeg shift and let the man be abeg. you don't deserve him.

4 Likes

Re: My Husband Watched Me Suffer For Three Years Before Confessing The Truth by CaptainMarvel(m): 8:17am On Oct 23, 2021
zukky79:
It can be undone.
Thank you. Just learned something new today from you. Had to google it to confirm

1 Like

Re: My Husband Watched Me Suffer For Three Years Before Confessing The Truth by Nobody: 9:16am On Oct 23, 2021
Moral Lesson: Nobody is perfect, there is always a but in everyone it all boils down to what you can deal with and what you can't.

Wake up to reality..
Re: My Husband Watched Me Suffer For Three Years Before Confessing The Truth by BeardedMeat(m): 9:31am On Oct 23, 2021
Fiction. Good one though.
Re: My Husband Watched Me Suffer For Three Years Before Confessing The Truth by EasternActivist: 9:41am On Oct 23, 2021
Advise him to go for vasovasostomy

You guys will be fine
Re: My Husband Watched Me Suffer For Three Years Before Confessing The Truth by hope4nigeria(m): 12:34pm On Oct 23, 2021
Joysticks:
The story said go to school and read
Re: My Husband Watched Me Suffer For Three Years Before Confessing The Truth by ITbomb(m): 1:24pm On Oct 23, 2021
Let me take the burden off my shy compatriots.
Please what is vascodagama?
Can't go to Google
Re: My Husband Watched Me Suffer For Three Years Before Confessing The Truth by Paulpaulpaul(m): 3:42pm On Oct 23, 2021
ITbomb:
Let me take the burden off my shy compatriots.
Please what is vascodagama?
Can't go to Google

Vasectomy is when you surgically tied your sperm duct and the holy water cannot carry sperm cells again. It would just be ordinary akamu without children in it. (It's a form of male family planning).

However, it can be untied when you find a worthy kpekus to pour the life carrying holy water.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Husband Watched Me Suffer For Three Years Before Confessing The Truth by AfroKnight: 3:49pm On Oct 23, 2021
bigjackass:
Superstory undecided
The writer thought he had written a sweet story not knowing that vasectomy can be reversed if you no longer want it

The fact that you know it can be reversed shows that you know the likelihood that the procedure would work for him.
Re: My Husband Watched Me Suffer For Three Years Before Confessing The Truth by InfinityFabric: 4:40pm On Oct 23, 2021
I’d rather be alone with my child
Exactly.

than entertain people who couldn’t afford to have me and my daughter together.
No one does.

We are a package.
That's not how to spell liability.
Re: My Husband Watched Me Suffer For Three Years Before Confessing The Truth by Josbreed: 7:05pm On Oct 23, 2021
How?
Re: My Husband Watched Me Suffer For Three Years Before Confessing The Truth by Sonnobax15(m): 7:07pm On Oct 23, 2021
undecided undecided
Re: My Husband Watched Me Suffer For Three Years Before Confessing The Truth by AdesewaAde(f): 7:52pm On Oct 23, 2021
Mercychen:
You even see someone willing to manage you sef after your ugly past, you want to leave him.
What wrong has he done?

He has children, you too have and he's not worried or putting pressure on you to have more. What else are you looking for?

He's even better than you because he was legally married and did what he did to save his lovely wife which further makes him a responsible and loving husband material but you with your ugly past are still the one trying to act the victim here. Unto what?

Your baby daddy that outrightly rejected you and your baby, what did you do to him?

Abeg shift and let the man be abeg. you don't deserve him.

You are really miserable in life

Have you ever seen a woman looking up to God for the fruit of the womb ?
You don’t know how it feels,so never in your miserable life tell her she deserves lies in her marriage just because of her past

Naa single mother she be,she no kill person

1 Like

Re: My Husband Watched Me Suffer For Three Years Before Confessing The Truth by Nobody: 8:00pm On Oct 23, 2021
AdesewaAde:

You are really miserable in life

Have you ever seen a woman looking up to God for the fruit of the womb ?
You don’t know how it feels,so never in your miserable life tell her she deserves lies in her marriage just because of her past

Naa single mother she be,she no kill person

You're the one sounding miserable and I'm sure you're the loose type that end up as a single mother like her. So keep wailing.

Please this is with all due respect to responsible single mothers who became single mothers due to no fault of theirs. I'm not referring to you mothers. I'm reffering to the loose ones like this loose mouth here quoting me.

I'm done with you.

Buzz off!

1 Like

Re: My Husband Watched Me Suffer For Three Years Before Confessing The Truth by Cholls(m): 8:06pm On Oct 23, 2021
Kingpin1000:
my brother "Buhari wey pregnate Nigeria, born Nigeria but can't feed Nigeria"

1 Like

Re: My Husband Watched Me Suffer For Three Years Before Confessing The Truth by AdesewaAde(f): 8:07pm On Oct 23, 2021
Mercychen:

You're the one sounding miserable and I'm sure you're the loose type that end up as a single mother like her. So keep wailing.

Please this is with all due respect to responsible single mothers who became single mothers due to no fault of theirs. I'm not referring to you mothers. I'm reffering to the loose ones like this loose mouth here quoting me.

I'm done with you.

Buzz off!

You have nothing reasonable to say ,take your miserable,low life out of her post if you know you don’t have a functioning brain to advice her.
Re: My Husband Watched Me Suffer For Three Years Before Confessing The Truth by Laturuturu: 8:07pm On Oct 23, 2021
One think I know is that Awolowo should have given power to Akintola
Op is right on this.
I swear the thing pain buhari
Re: My Husband Watched Me Suffer For Three Years Before Confessing The Truth by DSC7: 8:14pm On Oct 23, 2021
My Only advice is for you to just man up and build another house for the Landlord...

The earlier you stop watching Man United vs Eyimba Fc on Soundcity Tv the better for you undecided
Re: My Husband Watched Me Suffer For Three Years Before Confessing The Truth by Nobody: 8:21pm On Oct 23, 2021
If you do jump and pass as I do abeg make we gather here... grin shocked
Re: My Husband Watched Me Suffer For Three Years Before Confessing The Truth by McEphiks(m): 8:29pm On Oct 23, 2021
Mercychen:

I'm done with you.

Buzz off!

One bottle of chilled Andre for you.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Husband Watched Me Suffer For Three Years Before Confessing The Truth by Ahmback(m): 8:58pm On Oct 23, 2021
nice story..... what's the name of the book

(1) (2) (Reply)

Does It Matter If A Girl Dates A Younger Guy? / I Confessed To Cheating On My Fiance / +++Can You Marry A Nairalander?+++ ;)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.